PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs offered Bowe in return for a 1st last night...

Coogs
04-27-2012, 07:19 AM
...and could find no takers.

Heard that on 810 this morning on the way to work. Don't have a link.

Don't give a crap if this is old news. Didn't see it anywhere.

EDIT: Provided by GoChiefs

@RUSSLANDE just told us that the Chiefs tried to trade Dwayne Bowe yesterday, but nobody was willing to offer a first round pick for him.

https://twitter.com/#!/nate_bukaty/s...56696902553600

the Talking Can
04-27-2012, 07:19 AM
great...let's get rid of our good players

Douche Baggins
04-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Yup. Fuck that fat fucking asshole named Scott Pioli.

He is death.

mcaj22
lol i hope this leaks and pisses Bowe off

that will create some fun

notorious
ROFL

They couldn't even get a 1st rounder for Bowe. That should tell everyone something.

bevischief
04-27-2012, 07:21 AM
This year or next?

the Talking Can
let's get rid of the only proven WR we have...

suds79
For just a 1st? Yeah no thanks.

We'll keep our top 10 WR thank you.

.... If he had a real QB throwing to him, I think he could be top 5.

Not worried about his contract at all. They'll sign him to a long term deal.

Chiefnj2
That's probably the real reason why KC took so long to make their pick.

mcaj22
04-27-2012, 07:22 AM
For just a 1st? Yeah no thanks.

We'll keep our top 10 WR thank you.

yeah for one more year lol

Rausch
Ok, let's say we got offered a 12-15 range pick.

Do we trade Bowe for that? Who the fuck are we going to take there who's day 1 better than Bowe?...

Douche Baggins
ROFL

They couldn't even get a 1st rounder for Bowe. That should tell everyone something.

That Pioli sucks.

Rausch
04-27-2012, 07:23 AM
ROFL

In a draft that's not strong in 1st round talent at WR...

bevischief
Peter pan.

Chiefnj2

Do we trade Bowe for that? Who the **** are we going to take there who's day 1 better than Bowe?...

They probably would have taken Floyd.

the Talking Can
04-27-2012, 07:24 AM
ROFL

why?

how often are WRs traded for firsts?

mcaj22
04-27-2012, 07:24 AM

Do we trade Bowe for that? Who the **** are we going to take there who's day 1 better than Bowe?...

i dont think thats the case at all. i think there should be a panic that the sides are so far apart, and maybe the Chiefs know something fans don't. (like Bowe is absolutely not interested in staying longer than this year.) Why not get something to groom for your team NOW, rather than having Bowe walk just like Carr.

Carr and Bowe put the Chiefs in a very awful position, because they stand to lose both by the start of next season. And losing TWO in house guys makes the FO look pathetic.

Coogs
04-27-2012, 07:25 AM
This year or next?

I'm assuming it was for a pick last night. There was some chatter last night that the Cheifs were attepmting to trade back into the first round. Maybe this was how they were doing it. :shrug:

Douche Baggins
@RUSSLANDE just told us that the Chiefs tried to trade Dwayne Bowe yesterday, but nobody was willing to offer a first round pick for him.

https://twitter.com/#!/nate_bukaty/status/195856696902553600

BCD
I don't believe NO team would give up a 1st for Bowe.

Anything from KC sports media is best, taken with a grain of salt.

notorious
04-27-2012, 07:26 AM
why?

I was alluding to the fact that Bowe isn't as amazing at his position as a lot of people think.

I would think that a top 5 WR, which a lot of homers believe he is, would demand at least one late first rounder.

mikey23545
04-27-2012, 07:27 AM
An absolutely unimpeachable source for this rumor, no doubt.

Chiefnj2
I don't believe NO team would give up a 1st for Bowe.

Anything from KC sports media is best, taken with a grain of salt.

I do. You give up a first round pick, plus you have to pay him a huge-ass salary.

Coogs

https://twitter.com/#!/nate_bukaty/status/195856696902553600

:thumb: Thank you!

Rausch
04-27-2012, 07:29 AM
i dont think thats the case at all. i think there should be a panic that the sides are so far apart, and maybe the Chiefs know something fans don't. (like Bowe is absolutely not interested in staying longer than this year.) Why not get something to groom for your team NOW, rather than having Bowe walk just like Carr.

Carr and Bowe put the Chiefs in a very awful position, because they stand to lose both by the start of next season. And losing TWO in house guys makes the FO look pathetic.

I really didn't think much of any QB after the 1st two. Definitely not in the 1st round.

Now, if there's that top 5 QB next year and we can package Bowe+picks to move up and grab our guy I'm ok with that. I don't want to trade bowe for Tannehill but if we could give up Bowe and a few less picks to move up for an RGIII type player...well....that'd be different...

Von Dumbass
We would never get a first round pick for Bowe. Nobody is going to give a premium pick and then pay Bowe a huge contract. Two seconds or a second and a third is the best the Chiefs could hope to get for Bowe.

the Talking Can
I was alluding to the fact that Bowe isn't as amazing at his position as a lot of people think.

I would think that a top 5 WR, which a lot of homers believe he is, would demand at least one late first rounder.

again, is there any evidence for this?

more importantly, who cares?

he's really good, he's our #1, and we need to sign him

BCD
04-27-2012, 07:30 AM
I do. You give up a first round pick, plus you have to pay him a huge-ass salary.

Well, there's that.

O.city
04-27-2012, 07:31 AM
This could be a way to lower Bowe's asking price.

Say you tried to trade him for a first, no one wants to do it, he lowers his asking price?

BCD
04-27-2012, 07:31 AM

Yep. Bowe sucks. Cut him.

Chiefnj2
04-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Hey Pioli, how about offering some 1st round picks and BOWE to the Rams 2 months ago, you piece of crap.

Rausch
04-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Hey Pioli, how about offering some 1st round picks and BOWE to the Rams 2 months ago, you piece of crap.

THIS.

Rams get a solid WR and we get our QB.

Missouri wins...

Sannyasi
04-27-2012, 07:35 AM

This is all speculation, but I think its more likely that Bowe was asking for a ridiculous contract submarining his value.

I don't see why we can't spend some money to lock up one of the best players on our team. We weren't approaching the cap last year, or this year, there's no reason why we couldn't have front-loaded a contract to pay the guy.

Rausch
04-27-2012, 07:37 AM
This is all speculation, but I think its more likely that Bowe was asking for a ridiculous contract submarining his value.

I don't see why we can't spend some money to lock up one of the best players on our team. We weren't approaching the cap last year, or this year, there's no reason why we couldn't have front-loaded a contract to pay the guy.

When the offseason came we should have resigned Bowe and Carr first. Anyone after that is bonus...

BCD
A 1st would be a lot to give up considering the contact he wants.

I didn't think about that initially.

notorious
Yep. Bowe sucks. Cut him.

LOL.

Bowe is a good WR, nothing more, nothing less. One thing is certain, he is not worth top 5 money.

Besides, how would you feel if the team you played for contiuously started a piece of shit at QB, and that POS QB is directly tied to your production?

He is as good as gone after this year, so why not get something for him?

mikey23545
04-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Every time some bullshit rumor gets spread around this board all you knee jerk jerks start spewing projectile feces out of your keyboards about how terrible the Chiefs and every one connected with the team are.

Hell, I've even seen someone start a new thread with a "What would you think if the Chiefs did so-and-so" and immediately 100 posters will reply by saying they can't believe those damn Chiefs are considering such a thing.

This place is Tard City...LMAO

mcaj22
04-27-2012, 07:39 AM
i do think the Chiefs made a strong effort to try and get a head of this and get something with Bowe done. Hence the franchise. I think the Chiefs hoped that when they made the decision to franchise Bowe over Carr that it would automatically tell and show Bowe they want him and make it easier in contract discussions.

If the Chiefs have been making attempts to OPEN discussions and Bowe and his agents just dont give a shit and set the bar at some extreme value, what do you want the Chiefs to do. It puts the FO in an awful position.

You didn't have any of this with Tamba Hali. Though Tamba didnt sign a long term til training camp, you damn well better believe from the start he was franchised, he signed the tender and negotiations had been going on well through the summer, he had even come out and said he wanted to stay with the Chiefs and the team and Tamba were able to meet in a perfect middle somewhere. It's very well possible Bowe is doing the opposite of all that.

If Bowe doesn't budge for whatever reason, there is nothing the team can do. And that very well maybe the case here. It could be similar to Vincent Jackson in San Diego. He doesnt care, he does what he wants and ends up elsewhere and the team gets nothing.

Marcellus
04-27-2012, 07:40 AM
I dont even see this as big news honestly. It doesn't change anything in my mind. Bowe either plays or he doesnt and he gets paid or he doesn't.

I think it shows nobody was willing to give up a 1st and pay him so that does set his value some.

BCD
04-27-2012, 07:43 AM
LOL.

Bowe is a good WR, nothing more, nothing less. One thing is certain, he is not worth top 5 money.

Besides, how would you feel if the team you played for contiuously started a piece of shit at QB, and that POS QB is directly tied to your production?

He is as good as gone after this year, so why not get something for him?

Why do dumb Chiefs fans undervalue our great players?

crazycoffey
04-27-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm assuming it was for a pick last night. There was some chatter last night that the Cheifs were attepmting to trade back into the first round. Maybe this was how they were doing it. :shrug:

I was thinking about this when Pittsburgh was coming around, if Bowe's not going to sign a long term and wants out, that should have been the target.

notorious
04-27-2012, 07:46 AM
I was thinking about this when Pittsburgh was coming around, if Bowe's not going to sign a long term and wants out, that should have been the target.

Pittsburgh avoids Bowe-like players.

The Bad Guy
I don't believe this for one second.

Direckshun
Maybe the Chiefs really did like Michael Floyd.

Coogs
Every time some bullshit rumor gets spread around this board all you knee jerk jerks start spewing projectile feces out of your keyboards about how terrible the Chiefs and every one connected with the team are.

Hell, I've even seen someone start a new thread with a "What would you think if the Chiefs did so-and-so" and immediately 100 posters will reply by saying they can't believe those damn Chiefs are considering such a thing.

GoChiefs provided a link. I don't think it is a bullshit rumor.

Rausch

Yup.

Once Burress started to look like a problem they let him walk...

BCD
04-27-2012, 07:47 AM

Mike Wallace?

notorious

I don't either. It is fun to play the game, though.

crazycoffey

Todd is now their OC .....

sedated
This is not "news". This is a "rumor".

Unless it was on twitter, in that case it must be legit.

BCD
04-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Yup.

Its easy to do that when you have a fucking QB.

crazycoffey
04-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Its easy to do that when you have a fucking QB.

And Ben is a QB that likes to fuck....

notorious
04-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Its easy to do that when you have a ****ing QB.

This.

QB makes everyone look better.

Direckshun
04-27-2012, 07:49 AM

Yup.

You guys.... seriously.

Bowe has had zero character issues. He's a high character, elite talent at WR.

Trading him off would have been disasterous. I'm glad we failed.

BoneKrusher
04-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Yup. **** that fat ****ing asshole named Scott Pioli.

He is death.

i agree.

Graystoke
04-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Why would the Chiefs do that?

notorious
04-27-2012, 07:51 AM
You guys.... seriously.

I was comparing the money part of it.

The elite WR's they have dropped in the past weren't exactly known as bad people until they left the Steelers. They wanted a shit-ton of money and Pittsburgh said no thanks.

Gonzo
04-27-2012, 07:52 AM

Water is wet and fire is hot...

You're stating nothing new here, whatsoever. This place is full of morons and dickshits that expect something new every April but never get it.

I am damn proud to say that I did not watch one minute of the Draft last night. Not a fucking second of it. I knew the Chiefs would pick who they always pick, Glentyson Jackdorsey. I was right.

Today they'll pick some project WR or DB and then in round 3 or 4, we'll get another QBOTF that specializes in clip-board holding and he will become the next headset wearing Joe Montana according to 85% of the CP population.

BoneKrusher
04-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Bowe's probably making some noise about signing with the chiefs because KC has nada QB on the roster worth a crap.

crazycoffey
04-27-2012, 07:53 AM
And Ben is a QB that likes to fuck....

Even if she doesn't want to.

Buh dump bump

Fritz88
04-27-2012, 07:53 AM
Someone tell me why isn't trading Bowe going to save Pioli money?

Damn it Pioli.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
04-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Even if she doesn't want to.

Buh dump bump

When she screams,"Somebody help me!!!!!!!!" she really means "Yes".

Rausch
04-27-2012, 07:56 AM
When she screams,"Somebody help me!!!!!!!!" she really means "Yes".

No one can stop Ben Ruthlessrapist from scoring!1!:cuss:

YayMike
04-27-2012, 07:56 AM
I call bullshit.

BCD
04-27-2012, 08:03 AM
You guys.... seriously.

No. Bowe is clearly average. Notorious said so. Cut him.

BossChief
04-27-2012, 08:07 AM
I've heard that Bowes contract demands were reasonable till the Megatron deal.

Same draft class, similar production.

"I want the moon and all the cheese in it!"

PGM
04-27-2012, 08:09 AM

JFC LMAO guess we hadn't reached full retard yet.

I'm suuuuure the Rams would have jumped at that.

Direckshun
04-27-2012, 08:11 AM

Sounds legit. Where'd you hear the rumor?

KC Tattoo
04-27-2012, 08:11 AM

This.

DaKCMan AP
04-27-2012, 08:15 AM

Since when does 200yds & 3TDs more per season equal similar production?

KCtotheSB
04-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Normally, I'd say some sarcastic comment and be done with it, but no...this actually pisses me off. He's the lone reason we have any semblance of a passing attack. You could either have Carr or Bowe, you chose Bowe, so now you better damn well sign his ass to longer than a year.

htismaqe
04-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Yup.

Come on man, there's ZERO comparison between Bowe and Hopalong Cassidy.

htismaqe
04-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Mike Wallace?

Egg-freakin-zackly.

Hog Farmer
04-27-2012, 08:23 AM
We would never get a first round pick for Bowe. Nobody is going to give a premium pick and then pay Bowe a huge contract. Two seconds or a second and a third is the best the Chiefs could hope to get for Bowe.

SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP
!!!!!!

Rausch
04-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Come on man, there's ZERO comparison between Bowe and Hopalong Cassidy.

I didn't say Bowe was capping himself, I said a problem.

Burress was acting the prima donna and wanting the big money. He wasn't worth top 10 money and they let him walk.

ChiefsNow
04-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Rumor if true, What if Bowe or his agent requested a trade. We don't know shit.

mikey23545
04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
GoChiefs provided a link. I don't think it is a bullshit rumor.

A link to some tweet?!!?!

Good grief...LMAO

Urc Burry
04-27-2012, 08:36 AM
So it sounds like the plan really was to draft Floyd at 11, and Poe with our second 1st... wow. I wonder if we will consider 2 2nd's or try and retain him

Coogs
04-27-2012, 08:38 AM
A link to some tweet?!!?!

Good grief...LMAO

Whatever dude!

I just thought some out of town posters might like to know what was being said with regards to last night.

TEX
04-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Normally, I'd say some sarcastic comment and be done with it, but no...this actually pisses me off. He's the lone reason we have any semblance of a passing attack. You could either have Carr or Bowe, you chose Bowe, so now you better damn well sign his ass to longer than a year.

Exactly. However, technically we could have had both. We had the room. :banghead:

YayMike
04-27-2012, 08:41 AM
So it sounds like the plan really was to draft Floyd at 11, and Poe with our second 1st... wow. I wonder if we will consider 2 2nd's or try and retain him

I will be LIVID if they trade Bowe for 2-2nds, even if that is his perceived value.

wazu
04-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Just not buying this. It would be stupid of the Chiefs, but that part of the story I could believe. What I don't believe is that one of the other NFL teams wouldn't be happy to fleece the Chiefs if they were really offering this.

-King-
04-27-2012, 08:44 AM
If you believe the rumor, then you believe that no team in the league thought Bowe is worth a 1st round pick.

You guys really believe that 31 other teams don't think Bowe is worth a 1st?

Direckshun
04-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Every team passed on Mike Wallace.

royr17
04-27-2012, 08:46 AM
I will be LIVID if they trade Bowe for 2-2nds, even if that is his perceived value.

How would you guys feel bout Reuben Randle in round 2 if that happened

KurtCobain
04-27-2012, 08:46 AM
I think it's very likely Bowe wanted a trade.

ChiefsNow
04-27-2012, 08:47 AM
If you believe the rumor, then you believe that no team in the league thought Bowe is worth a 1st round pick.

I doubt he was offered to all 31 teams, only where we wanted a player. Probably only one team. I don't understand how it would leak out though.

-King-
04-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Every team passed on Mike Wallace.

Bowe is better than Wallace. Wallace would never sniff 500 yards with Cassel/Thigpen/Palko throwing to him.

-King-
04-27-2012, 08:49 AM
I doubt he was offered to all 31 teams, only where we wanted a player. Probably only one team. I don't understand how it would leak out though.

The tweet said that nobody offered a 1st. That means multiple teams were in discussion.

And I don't believe any team would refuse giving a first for a WR with 1000+ yards in his first 4 out of 5 seasons.

htismaqe
04-27-2012, 08:51 AM
I didn't say Bowe was capping himself, I said a problem.

Burress was acting the prima donna and wanting the big money. He wasn't worth top 10 money and they let him walk.

We don't know if Bowe is asking for Top 10 money or not.

Boss seems to have a pretty good source but he's said since the beginning that the Bowe stuff was mostly speculation I believe...

-King-
04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
I think it's very likely Bowe wanted a trade.

From how he talked at the Nike uniform conference, I doubt it. I don't think we tried to trade him and I don't think he requested a trade. Just some more draft BS that CP will run with.

mcaj22
04-27-2012, 08:53 AM
the problem is no team was willing to give up a 1st for Bowe on a ONE YEAR DEAL

without a long term contract no team is going to do that. And well a lot of teams that would want Bowe are in cap hell and cannot currently afford him. Which is why like most have said, they should have done this MUCH ****ING EARLIER. Like back in March.

GordonGekko
04-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Why do the Chiefs continually give up proven top tier players for potential bust unproven draft picks? Just plain idiotic.

Chiefaholic
04-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Considering the number of WR's taken in the first round yesterday, I find it hard to believe that NOBODY had any interest in taking the proven commodity in Bowe, rather than risk drafting a failure in a rookie. Besides, Dwayne would have to had to sign the franchise tender before a trade could be legally done anyway. This rumor is nothing but pure BS to give the media and CP drama queens (aka Goqueer) something to talk about.

kaplin42
04-27-2012, 09:14 AM

THIS THIS THIS!

This board is the only place that I find people that would love their chins to be nut rests for Bowe.

You can't drop so many passes that hit you in the numbers and be a top flight WR.

Coogs
04-27-2012, 09:14 AM
From how he talked at the Nike uniform conference, I doubt it. I don't think we tried to trade him and I don't think he requested a trade. Just some more draft BS that CP will run with.

First off, I am not running with anything. I am just passing along what I heard on the morning sports on the way to work. Thought it was interesting, and I thought some of the out of town posters might find it interesting too. Nothing more.

the Talking Can
04-27-2012, 09:17 AM
let's keep cassel and get rid of bowe

genious

Dick Bull
04-27-2012, 09:18 AM
THIS THIS THIS!

This board is the only place that I find people that would love their chins to be nut rests for Bowe.

You can't drop so many passes that hit you in the numbers and be a top flight WR.

The thing that makes or breaks Bowe isn't the dropped passes, imo. It's the amazing ones he makes.

He reminds me of a quote from the Legend of Bagger Vance. Three bad shots and one good shot will still make par.

BCD
04-27-2012, 09:34 AM
THIS THIS THIS!

You're a fucking moron

Simply Red
04-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Peterson was a better executive than Pioli. Period. It's sad but true.

-King-
04-27-2012, 09:43 AM
THIS THIS THIS!

Bowe drops the ball pretty much the same rate as other top WRs

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2012, 09:45 AM
THIS THIS THIS!

You are a ****ing idiot.

listopencil
04-27-2012, 09:46 AM
The link in the OP doesn't work.

DTLB58
04-27-2012, 09:50 AM
I call BS. Just like the deal that was supposedly done with the Boys and Chiefs before the draft even started.

HemiEd
04-27-2012, 10:01 AM

IMO Bowe doesn't care for Cassel, and wants a real QB to be throwing to him. The longer Pioli and now Crennel continue to endorse Cassel, the more defections will continue.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2012, 10:06 AM
If true, it's not good.

It means that the Chiefs aren't that optimistic about signing Bowe to a long term deal.

few reasons:

1. Bowe wants crazy ass money
2. Bowe just wants gone
3. Chiefs really don't believe that Bowe is a #1 type guy and prefer to move on

BCD
04-27-2012, 10:09 AM
If true, it's not good.
3. Chiefs really don't believe that Bowe is a #1 type guy and prefer to move on

Then Pioli is retarded.

Chiefaholic
04-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Have I missed Bowe signing his franchise tender? If not, how the hell can KC trade the guy?

htismaqe
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
THIS THIS THIS!

:rolleyes:

He's the best WR the Chiefs have had in almost 30 years and people want to deal him because he's not PERFECT.

STFU

Chiefaholic
04-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Then Pioli is retarded.

My guess is that Bowe wants Larry Fitz. money to stay in KC or he'll eventually sign with a team with a franchise caliber QB to pad his stats and get him the contract he's looking for.

-King-
04-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Have I missed Bowe signing his franchise tender? If not, how the hell can KC trade the guy?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110609093115/glee/images/archive/9/9d/20111111195504!Applause.gif

SNR
04-27-2012, 10:18 AM
This sounds like a dumb rumor for the fact that nobody wanted to even look at Bowe.

I don't believe this pile of shit for a second.

Brock
04-27-2012, 10:19 AM

That leads me to believe this isn't true.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Bowe drops the ball pretty much the same rate as other top WRs
NFL Leaders

Pass Dropped
Rk Player Team Stats
1 Roddy White Atl 15
2t Dwayne Bowe KC 12
2t Greg Little Cle 12
2t Brandon Marsha Mia 12
5 Jermichael Finle GB 11
6 Nate Burleson Det 10
7t Dallas Clark Ind 9
7t DeSean Jackson Phi 9
9 Jerome Simpson Cin 8
10t Anquan Boldin Bal 7
10t Antonio Brown Pit 7
10t Michael Crabtre SF 7
10t Victor Cruz NYG 7
10t Brandon Gibson StL 7
10t Hakeem Nicks NYG 7
10t Brandon Pettigr Det 7
10t Ray Rice Bal 7
10t Steve Smith Car 7
10t Mike Tolbert SD 7
10t Benjamin Watso Cle 7
10t Mike Williams TB 7
10t Roy Williams Chi 7

2012 by STATS LLC.
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC is strictly prohibited.

SNR
04-27-2012, 10:27 AM
TO dropped the ball a shit ton when he was in his prime. Are you fucking morons saying you wouldn't want him?

Mr. Laz
04-27-2012, 10:30 AM
TO dropped the ball a shit ton when he was in his prime. Are you fucking morons saying you wouldn't want him?
i don't think anyone said they didn't want him.

people are just discussing why another team wouldn't pay a 1st round to get him etc

LVNHACK
04-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Sounds legit. Where'd you hear the rumor?

I read it on a porta john outside the PX....must be true....

Sofa King
04-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Here we go. The dumbasses that don't know wtf they're talking about mentioned Bowe's dropped.

Now here come the guys with stats and facts to prove how fucking stupid those dumbasses are.

Get yo popcorn ready.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Here we go. The dumbasses that don't know wtf they're talking about mentioned Bowe's dropped.

Now here come the guys with stats and facts to prove how fucking stupid those dumbasses are.

Get yo popcorn ready.
so the stats are a lie ... Bowe really didn't drop 12 passes?

it's all just make-believe?

vailpass
04-27-2012, 10:46 AM

A 1st + his $ demands? Most definitely. Bowe is a nice WR prone to drops with no big-game (post season) credits to his name.

SNR
04-27-2012, 10:46 AM
i don't think anyone said they didn't want him.

people are just discussing why another team wouldn't pay a 1st round to get him etcTO WAS a top-flight receiver. Yet all people like Kaplin can do is marvel at why Chiefs fans think he's so good.

You don't run after the catch like Bowe does and be just another guy.

WRs drop shit. It happens all the time. I'd rather try to fix the problem by getting Bowe a real QB. I'll bet that would make the drops go down REALLY quickly.

Frankie
04-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Here's my answer to this thread:.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R-OnqJd6vaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Xanathol
04-27-2012, 10:48 AM
sigh...Raw numbers mean nothing - 12 drops is high for 12 attempts but meaningless for 1200. You need to look at percentages. That said, he's not on this (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/17/drop-rate-2011-which-receivers-are-dropping-the-ball/) list. Nor is he on this (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/23/drop-percentage/) list for the year before. As in the second article, you can see he is indeed on the 2008-2010 total list... along with Owens, Moss, Garcon, Colston, and Marshall. Add in who's throwing to him and its clear he's pretty damned phenomenal.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2012, 10:49 AM
TO WAS a top-flight receiver. Yet all people like Kaplin can do is marvel at why Chiefs fans think he's so good.

You don't run after the catch like Bowe does and be just another guy.

WRs drop shit. It happens all the time. I'd rather try to fix the problem by getting Bowe a real QB. I'll bet that would make the drops go down REALLY quickly.
so then why aren't other NFL teams lining up to trade a 1st round pick to get such a stud wide receiver?

-King-
04-27-2012, 10:50 AM
so then why aren't other NFL teams lining up to trade a 1st round pick to get such a stud wide receiver?

Because as Chiefsholic said, they can't. Bowe never signed his tag so he can't be traded. The tweet in the OP is false.

SNR
04-27-2012, 10:51 AM
so then why aren't other NFL teams lining up to trade a 1st round pick to get such a stud wide receiver?I don't know why teams don't want to take Mike Wallace. Beats me.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Raw numbers mean nothing - 12 drops is high for 12 attempts but meaningless for 1200. You need to look at percentages. That said, he's not on this (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/17/drop-rate-2011-which-receivers-are-dropping-the-ball/) list. Nor is he on this (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/23/drop-percentage/) list for the year before. As in the second article, you can see he is indeed on the 2008-2010 total list... along with Owens, Moss, Garcon, Colston, and Marshall. Add in who's throwing to him and its clear he's pretty damned phenomenal.cool

so then i ask ... why aren't teams lining up to trade whatever it takes to get our young, Hall-of-fame receiver?

Coogs
04-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Because as Chiefsholic said, they can't. Bowe never signed his tag so he can't be traded. The tweet in the OP is false.

Maybe he had a pen in hand while sitting next to his agent as trade deals were being tossed about.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
that's bull shit

It's happened before ... a player gets tag but doesn't sign the tag until a new contract is worked out. If the Chiefs work out a trade then the new team can work out a long term contract with Bowe. Then Bowe gets signed/traded.

as for whether any of these tweets/rumors are true or not ... we don't know.

Brock
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Maybe he had a pen in hand while sitting next to his agent as trade deals were being tossed about.

While riding a unicorn with a rainbow tail.

keg in kc
04-27-2012, 10:57 AM
This thread = lots of people bitching about pioli and laz slamming bowe. So exactly what I expected.

-King-
04-27-2012, 10:58 AM
that's bull shit

It's happened before ... a player gets tag but doesn't sign the tag until a new contract is worked out. If the Chiefs work out a trade then the new team can work out a long term contract with Bowe. Then Bowe gets signed/traded.

So wait, teams were supposed to work out a long term contract for Bowe during the 3 hr first round?

-King-
04-27-2012, 10:59 AM

LMAO

tredadda
04-27-2012, 11:00 AM

:spock: Peterson had many, many awful at best drafts. When he hit, he hit big. When he missed, he also missed big. Pioli at least has relatively solid if unspectacular drafts. Also Peterson was notorious for lowballing players and causing them to leave or hold out forever.

Mr. Laz
This thread = lots of people bitching about pioli and laz slamming bowe. So exactly what I expected.
How am i slamming Bowe?

I am discussing the reason why the Chiefs might want to trade Bowe and why other teams might not want to pay a first round pick.

SNR
Pittsburgh has blatantly said "We can't afford the money Mike Wallace is asking"

Any team can throw down a contract and offer up a first round pick allowing the Steelers to match. If they don't the trade goes through.

That's not the definition of a trade, but in terms of the likelihood of Pittsburgh matching that deal and what's being offered, it pretty much is a trade.

So why didn't Mike Wallace get any offers? Who was the retard running around here who said Wallace was better than Bowe? jd1020 or something like that?

Elite speed and HE CATCHES IT CONSISTENTLY LOL.

Why is Mike Wallace still sitting at home on the couch eating nachos?

Chiefaholic
04-27-2012, 11:03 AM

BECAUSE THEY CAN'T.... The trade was never on the table yesterday because Bowe hasn't signed his tender yet. You can't trade a player who isn't under contract.

Chiefaholic
04-27-2012, 11:07 AM
that's bull shit

Why are you being so damn hard headed on this topic? A team can work out preliminary compensation prior to contract negotiations with another club. BUT, until Bowe SIGNS the franchise tender, no picks can be exchanged. The reason this rumor is BS is pretty damn obvious.

htismaqe
04-27-2012, 11:14 AM
BECAUSE THEY CAN'T.... The trade was never on the table yesterday because Bowe hasn't signed his tender yet. You can't trade a player who isn't under contract.

Would you stop that?

keg in kc
04-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Why is Mike Wallace still sitting at home on the couch eating nachos?Because he bought the Priest Holmes workout video.

aturnis
04-27-2012, 11:21 AM
lol i hope this leaks and pisses Bowe off

that will create some fun

I agree. This should let Bowe know what the rest of the league thinks about him. Maybe he'll sign now.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Every year we hear this nonsense from either 610 and/or 810 during or before the draft. The Chiefs tried to trade so and so everyone listen to our station. All made up shit.

Coogs
04-27-2012, 11:31 AM

It's a quadricorn!

Coogs
04-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Every year we hear this nonsense from either 610 and/or 810 during or before the draft. The Chiefs tried to trade so and so everyone listen to our station. All made up shit.

JFC! Sometimes I am sorry I post stuff here.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-27-2012, 11:34 AM
JFC! Sometimes I am sorry I post stuff here.

lol not a slam at you man. At KC media.

chop
04-27-2012, 12:15 PM

This.

whoman69
04-27-2012, 12:55 PM
why?

Didn't Randy Moss get traded for a 2nd back in the day?

SNR
04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
JFC! Sometimes I am sorry I post stuff here.At least you didn't post it from Nick Wright

Xanathol
04-27-2012, 01:38 PM
cool

so then i ask ... why aren't teams lining up to trade whatever it takes to get our young, Hall-of-fame receiver?

You don't know that they aren't. All you know is what some random guy on a radio station / twitter has said.

Douche Baggins
04-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Seriously, if this doesn't sour you on Scott Pioli, you are just a big dumbass homer.

I hate this prick so much. I hate him worse than I ever hated Herm and Carl. He is infecting our beloved franchise with his arrogance and stupidity.

Pestilence
04-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Didn't Randy Moss get traded for a 2nd back in the day?

4th

Douche Baggins
04-27-2012, 01:45 PM

It's not even fucking close. Pioli has built a house of cards here.

philfree
04-27-2012, 01:46 PM
He tried to trade JC too! That evil Pioli....

-King-
04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Seriously, if this doesn't sour you on Scott Pioli, you are just a big dumbass homer.

I hate this prick so much. I hate him worse than I ever hated Herm and Carl. He is infecting our beloved franchise with his arrogance and stupidity.

Yeah, Pioli was going to trade Bowe without Bowe even having to sign the tag.

Yah.

PGM
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM

Anybody have some Bulgarian miak handy?

BigChiefFan
04-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, Pioli was going to trade Bowe without Bowe even having to sign the tag.

Yah.LMAO

You nailed it. :thumb:

BCD
04-27-2012, 02:46 PM
It's not even fucking close. Pioli has built a house of cards here.

Peterson had 20 yrs of fail.

20 is far greater than 3

Douche Baggins
04-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Peterson had 20 yrs of fail.

20 is far greater than 3

Yeah, but he actually built something. He fucking brought us out of the dark ages.

Pioli is REALLY making me want Carl back. He's making me want to give Carl a big bear hug for all those good times.

Jesus fuck.

Chiefaholic
04-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah, but he actually built something. He ****ing brought us out of the dark ages.

Pioli is REALLY making me want Carl back. He's making me want to give Carl a big bear hug for all those good times.

Jesus ****.

Climb out of your grandmothers basement and get a breath of fresh air.

Bump
04-27-2012, 03:40 PM
if true

MOTHERFUCK YOU SCOTT PIOLI!!!!

seriously, GET OUT.

You let Carr go and replaced with a CB that's not half as good. You won't give up on Cassel. You won't get us a QB. Now you're trying to get rid of the best WR we've had in 20 years? FUCK

Chiefaholic
04-27-2012, 03:42 PM
if true

MOTHER**** YOU SCOTT PIOLI!!!!

seriously, GET OUT.

You let Carr go and replaced with a CB that's not half as good. You won't give up on Cassel. You won't get us a QB. Now you're trying to get rid of the best WR we've had in 20 years? ****

Bowe wasn't an option to trade last night because he hasn't signed his franchise tender yet. You guys need to relax

Direckshun
04-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Clay, dude.

Peterson built a roster of veterans by trading picks away Al Davis style.

We all saw that house of cards collapse.

What Pioli's built is, by far, the most balanced Chiefs team since Joe Montana was wearing #19.

Douche Baggins
04-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Bowe wasn't an option to trade last night because he hasn't signed his franchise tender yet. You guys need to relax

It's called a sign and trade.

810 isn't in the habit of assclowning rumors.

BryanBusby
04-27-2012, 03:46 PM

lol

keg in kc
04-27-2012, 03:46 PM
810 isn't in the habit of assclowning rumors.:popcorn:

Douche Baggins
04-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Clay, dude.

What Pioli's built is, by far, the most balanced Chiefs team since Joe Montana was wearing #19.

Pioli hasn't built shit. He's added a few decent pieces to Herm's leftovers and profited from a weak schedule in 2010.

We're not close to being a contender.

At least Carl's teams were considered to be at the top of the league in 1993, 1995, 1997 and 2003.

We are nowhere close to that because we are being led by idiots at GM, HC, QB and the roster lacks depth.

ONE injury decimated our offense last year and now this idiot is trying to trade the best thing that has happened to the Chiefs (arguably) in the last 5 years).

Scorched earth on these motherfuckers. Don't support them, don't trust them, nail them to the wall for each mistake.

Chiefaholic
04-27-2012, 03:50 PM

Bowe didn't sign the tender.... Bowe has not signed a long term deal with KC.... KC hasn't allowed Bowe the opportunity to speak with other clubs to work out a contract, thus giving the Chiefs the right to trade him.

You're doing nothing more than what the KC media has and take a BS story and run with it as if it was fact.

|Zach|
04-27-2012, 03:51 PM

Drama queen.

chiefzilla1501
04-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Would anyone oppose trading bowe away today for a 2013 firs rounder?

If we want a qb, we have to start stockpiling picks to trade up or perhaps luck into trading with a team that underachieves and ends up with a top 10 pick.

Something to think about. If that's the end game, I'm all for it.

BryanBusby
04-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Jesus fucking christ. You don't trade away playmakers.

chiefzilla1501
04-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Pioli hasn't built shit. He's added a few decent pieces to Herm's leftovers and profited from a weak schedule in 2010.

At least Carl's teams were considered to be at the top of the league in 1993, 1995, 1997 and 2003.

We are nowhere close to that because we are being led by idiots at GM, HC, QB and the roster lacks depth.

ONE injury decimated our offense last year and now this idiot is trying to trade the best thing that has happened to the Chiefs (arguably) in the last 5 years).

Scorched earth on these mother****ers. Don't support them, don't trust them, nail them to the wall for each mistake.

We are a qb away from being a legit contender. Shame on pioli for fucking the qb decision up. But if he so much as brings... Even Trent green level talent, this team is every bit as good if not better than a lot of carls teams.

He's built a good, solid team. It's only his arrogance in the coaching, qb, and depth decisions that are ruining his legacy. Inaccurate to say he hasn't done shit.

keg in kc
04-27-2012, 03:56 PM
I don't want to trade Bowe. At all. But if he's traded for a '13 first and they use that pick to move into position to draft a quarterback in the top 5, then I would love the move a year from now. But I don't think they're going to trade Bowe, and I'm positive they'll never draft a QB high.

Douche Baggins
04-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Inaccurate to say he hasn't done shit.

21 wins in 3 years is shit.

Hiring a loose cannon idiot as a HC and then following it up with a foot-shuffling porter geriatric is shit.

Locking the fucking doors so the media can't take a piss and bitching about stupid shit like candy wrappers is shit.

Pioli's head is so far up his own ass all he knows is shit, and Arrowhead is covered in his feces now.

Flush, please.

whoman69
04-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Clay, dude.

Rep worthy. This team has far more talent all around than any team that Pederson built. Only problem is we cannot get the QB situation solved.

Rausch
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Bowe didn't sign the tender.... Bowe has not signed a long term deal with KC.... KC hasn't allowed Bowe the opportunity to speak with other clubs to work out a contract, thus giving the Chiefs the right to trade him.

I don't know how the rules have changed since the new agreement and how the rights to a player apply under the different versions of the franchise tag. What I do know is that you do not, 100% of the time, need a player to be under contract to trade him.

Eli and Rivers were not under contracts and were traded because the teams owned the rights to those players. Does the version of the franchise tag we placed on Bowe do that for us?

I don't know...

chiefzilla1501
04-27-2012, 04:03 PM

Hiring a loose cannon idiot as a HC and then following it up with a foot-shuffling porter geriatric is shit.

Locking the ****ing doors so the media can't take a piss and bitching about stupid shit like candy wrappers is shit.

Pioli's head is so far up his own ass all he knows is shit, and Arrowhead is covered in his feces now.

Flush, please.

Agree on all points.

Just never agree when people say this team is built completely on peterson's pieces. He has quietly managed to turn this team from a team missing a ton of pieces to a team that is literally a qb away from being top notch. If he ever fixes that, and I'm skeptical he will, that one move alone turns him from an idiot to a genius.

BCD
04-27-2012, 04:09 PM

Locking the fucking doors so the media can't take a piss and bitching about stupid shit like candy wrappers is shit.

Flush, please.
20 seasons and not a single AFCC.

While Pioli has certainly failed with Cassel, its not near the failure that is Carl Peterson.

Fruit Ninja
04-27-2012, 04:10 PM
cant believe anything that the Local KC media leaks out. Have they ever broken anything ever?

Brock
04-27-2012, 04:12 PM

You're funny.

BoneKrusher
04-27-2012, 04:12 PM

Scorched earth on these mother****ers. Don't support them, don't trust them, nail them to the wall for each mistake.

you and i see this front office looking from the same pair of glasses and i'm so glad they're not rose colored.

BossChief
04-27-2012, 04:13 PM
We don't know if Bowe is asking for Top 10 money or not.

Boss seems to have a pretty good source but he's said since the beginning that the Bowe stuff was mostly speculation I believe...Bowe has a huge ego and honestly believes he is in the same class as Andre Johnson.

I know for a fact that he didn't like getting tagged with the non exclusive franchise tag and that they were working on an extention for him most of last season and at one point weren't extremely far apart. I was told, at the time around week 10 or 11, that they were close to a deal for 60-65 million (total value) 30 in guarantees...5 years.

The same person that told me about the contract stuff is the same person that told me about the Haley/McDaniels finger pointing incident how Haley knew Josh had cheated and that was verified by Dustin Colquit about a month later. It's legit.

He hasn't been around the negotiations the last couple months but indicated that Megatrons deal threw a curveball into things.

I wouldn't be ONE BIT surprised if Bowe wants traded and that NOBODY wants
to talk trade for a first for what Bowe wants, contract wise.

Our best case scenario is that this is a wake up call for Bowe so he signs for a reasonable deal after seeing that nobody was willing to move a 1st for him.

Douche Baggins
04-27-2012, 04:14 PM

While Pioli has certainly failed with Cassel, its not near the failure that is Carl Peterson.

At least Carl won a playoff game in his first five seasons.

Pioli will never win a playoff game here. He won't come close.

Rausch
04-27-2012, 04:14 PM

So far we're a competitive team that's a QB away from really doing something.

How they've done it is different but that's exactly the same end result as under Carl...

TEX
04-27-2012, 04:16 PM
So far we're a competitive team that's a QB away from really doing something.

How they've done it is different but that's exactly the same end result as under Carl...

Yep. But I think at this point of their trenure in KC, Carl had accomplished more...

Douche Baggins
04-27-2012, 04:17 PM
So far we're a competitive team.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

We have ONE WIN over a playoff team in three years.

ONE WIN.

TWO wins over teams with winning records.

Competitive, bros.

BoneKrusher
Bowe has a huge ego and honestly believes he is in the same class as Andre Johnson.

I wouldn't be ONE BIT surprised if Bowe wants traded and that NOBODY wants
to talk trade for a first for what Bowe wants, contract wise.

i don't blame Bowe one bit if he forces a trade to a team where he has a chance to post great numbers, it sure ain't gonna happen here.

O.city
I think we've won more than 1 game there bro.

BCD
04-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Carl hired 2 shitty HCs.

Rausch
04-27-2012, 04:20 PM
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

We have ONE WIN over a playoff team in three years.

ONE WIN.

TWO wins over teams with winning records.

Competitive, bros.

You idiot, we beat 2 playoff teams THIS YEAR.

We've won 1 division title and were 1 game out of winning another.

BCD
04-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm done.

We've gone full retard arguing who is a worse GM.

LMAO

Douche Baggins
04-27-2012, 04:23 PM

Sorry, my mistake. We beat the Packers and Broncos.

Three wins over playoff teams in three years, one of which was the 7-9 seahawks.

Competitive as fuck.

Rausch
04-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Yep. But I think at this point of their trenure in KC, Carl had accomplished more...

He had.

I think the big difference was the quality of the players. I think the team top to bottom is solid. Not spectacular, not all pro, but solid with a few probowlers.

Carl's teams had some really average or below players and some true super studs.

chop
04-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Rep worthy. This team has far more talent all around than any team that Pederson built. Only problem is we cannot get the QB situation solved.

Peterson built one of the winningest teams in the 90s. I believe the Chiefs had over 100 wins in the decade. Of course he didn't win the SB but he did turn the Chiefs into a very good organization.

He also had draft picks of D. Thomas, N. Smith, T. Gonzalez, D. Carter, several Olineman, etc...

BoneKrusher
04-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Peterson built one of the winningest teams in the 90s. I believe the Chiefs had over 100 wins in the decade. Of course he didn't win the SB but he did turn the Chiefs into a very good organization.

He also had draft picks of D. Thomas, N. Smith, T. Gonzalez, D. Carter, several Olineman, etc...
yep.

the one player you left out that stands out to me was Will Shields.

chiefzilla1501
04-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Carl hired 2 shitty HCs.

I'm not a big fan of the RAC hiring. But on Haley, regardless of whether his personality was toxic or not, under his watch a lot of players' work ethic and discipline improved exponentially. I'd say that he was a great coach at the right time, and still believe it was an arrogant mistake to sabotage and fire him.

BossChief
04-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Carl didnt draft Neil Smith.

We traded up one spot (losing a second rounder iirc) to draft him at 3 in 88.

chop
04-27-2012, 04:54 PM
yep.

the one player you left out that stands out to me was Will Shields.

I included him in the Olineman but here are some more (some repeats):

Branden Albert
Brandon Flowers
Jamaal Charles
Brandon Carr
Dwayne Bowe
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson
Jared Allen
Larry Johnson
John Tait
Gary Stills
Tony Gonzalez
Jerome Woods
Reggie Tongue
Donnie Edwards
Joe Horn
Will Shields
Dale Carter
Tim Grunhard
David Szott
Derrick Thomas
Neil Smith

notorious
04-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Bowe is a good WR, nothing more, nothing less.

No. Bowe is clearly average. Notorious said so. Cut him.

:facepalm:

chop
04-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Carl didnt draft Neil Smith.

We traded up one spot (losing a second rounder iirc) to draft him at 3 in 88.

I think you are correct. Neil Smith was before DT. DT was his first draft.

Rausch
04-27-2012, 05:49 PM
I think you are correct. Neil Smith was before DT. DT was his first draft.

IIRC he landed Okoye and DT in 89.

BCD
04-27-2012, 06:05 PM
IIRC he landed Okoye and DT in 89.

Okoye was drafted in 87

Ultra Peanut
04-27-2012, 07:13 PM
LOL.

http://i.imgur.com/CWfGh.gif

notorious
04-27-2012, 08:25 PM
So what is he?

Great - No fucking way

Very Good - On the some of the days he doesn't disappear

Good - Most of the time

BigRedChief
04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
I call BS on this rumor.

qabbaan
04-27-2012, 08:29 PM
They are giving Bowe the Carr treatment, like they plan to play hardball with him and then end up losing him next offseason...

Chiefaholic
04-27-2012, 08:34 PM
They are giving Bowe the Carr treatment, like they plan to play hardball with him and then end up losing him next offseason...

If Bowe thinks he's worth Fitzgerard or Calvin Johnson's money, he's nucking futs. These two are in a different level as to how they change the defensive coordinators plans. a 5/50 to 5/60 contract is what I see as his true value.

tredadda
04-27-2012, 08:38 PM

Pioli will never win a playoff game here. He won't come close.

He won 3 playoff games in 20 YEARS!!!!! Also he drafted 0 QB's in the first round in 20 YEARS! Carl was awful. He had some good teams but his overall performance over the past 20 years is pathetic for a GM with almost absolute power.

qabbaan
04-27-2012, 08:40 PM
If Bowe thinks he's worth Fitzgerard or Calvin Johnson's money, he's nucking futs. These two are in a different level as to how they change the defensive coordinators plans. a 5/50 to 5/60 contract is what I see as his true value.

I have never seen any indication he thinks he is a top 3 receiver. Never seen any contract demands either. The front office just doesn't seem interested in paying him market rate to stay around. Is this the Patriot way, doing it without any real star receivers? Maybe. Just as soon as we get our Brady I'll be excited about that.

Bowe should be given a fair, top 10 contract and resigned to a long term deal.

tredadda
04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
I have never seen any indication he thinks he is a top 3 receiver. Never seen any contract demands either. The front office just doesn't seem interested in paying him market rate to stay around. Is this the Patriot way, doing it without any real star receivers? Maybe. Just as soon as we get our Brady I'll be excited about that.

Bowe should be given a fair, top 10 contract and resigned to a long term deal.

This

Brock
04-27-2012, 08:50 PM
So what is he?

Great - No fucking way

Good - Most of the time

Put him on a team with a non-pants-shitting QB and see what happens.

DBOSHO
04-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Bowe caught 15 touchdowns with Matt Cassel throwing to him. There is no way you can spin that.

he's a great wide receiver.

BoneKrusher
04-27-2012, 08:58 PM

yep.
http://i50.tinypic.com/1e2u08.png

BCD
04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
So what is he?

Great - No fucking way

Good - Most of the time

Yeah, you're right. Cut him.

BossChief
04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Bowe NEVER disappears.

NEVER

The quarterback disappeared from KC on opening day in 2006.

notorious
04-27-2012, 09:54 PM

Cut him. /notorious

LMAO

WV
04-27-2012, 10:04 PM
I call BS on this rumor.

This x1000

buddha
04-28-2012, 12:00 AM
I call BS on this rumor as well. Russ Lande throws a lot of shit against the wall and hopes some of it sticks.

aturnis
04-28-2012, 12:15 AM
I call BS on this rumor as well. Russ Lande throws a lot of shit against the wall and hopes some of it sticks.

I'm betting Pioli and company leaked this rumor to the press as contract leverage. In order to show Bowe how much the rest of the NFL values him.

buddha
04-28-2012, 12:17 AM
That makes much more sense to me. I like the leverage angle. Well played aturnis.

Pawnmower
04-28-2012, 02:57 AM
ROFL

Yup. It should tell you anyone who believes this is a god damned moron.

Psyko Tek
04-28-2012, 03:20 AM
let's get rid of the only proven WR we have...

not like we have a reasdon for a pro-bowl wide receiver
almost anybody can run a 7 yard curl

the Talking Can
04-28-2012, 03:34 AM
not like we have a reasdon for a pro-bowl wide receiver
almost anybody can run a 7 yard curl

plus mccluster is welker

keg in kc
04-28-2012, 03:51 AM
I'm betting Pioli and company leaked this rumor to the press as contract leverage. That's been my belief as well. Anything coming out this week, starting with Bowe "may be signing his tender" has been public 'negotiation' from the various sides.

milkman
04-28-2012, 04:06 AM
that's bull shit

Here's the problem.

Teams can work out the perameters of a trade involving a franchised player, but that trade can not be consumated until that player signs his franchise tender.

In order for a deal to be worked out involving Bowe, they would have to have him standing by with pen and contract, and that contract would then have to be sent immediately to the commissioner's office for approval.

All that has to be completed for the trade to be consumated.

And it has to be done in a matter of minutes.

Virtually impossible.

Frankie
04-28-2012, 02:02 PM

Pioli will never win a playoff game here. He won't come close.And you know this, how?

We've won 1 division title and were 1 game out of winning another.Basically one play out of winning another.

Sorry, my mistake. We beat the Packers and Broncos.

Three wins over playoff teams in three years, one of which was the 7-9 seahawks.

Competitive as ****.We came pretty damn close on some games against the elite. Almost beat Peyton and the Colts in 2010 and there were a few other ones.

He won 3 playoff games in 20 YEARS!!!!! Also he drafted 0 QB's in the first round in 20 YEARS!By all accounts he was all set to draft Kyle Boler, before he was mercifully snatched up by Baltimore.

I'm betting Pioli and company leaked this rumor to the press as contract leverage. In order to show Bowe how much the rest of the NFL values him.Good speculation.

Douche Baggins
04-28-2012, 02:04 PM
We came pretty damn close on some games against the elite. Almost beat Peyton and the Colts in 2010 and there were a few other ones.

Story of this franchise. If you're happy with that, you probably voted for Obama.

Frankie
04-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Story of this franchise. If you're happy with that, you probably voted for Obama.

No I'm not happy with that. But the first step to compete with the elite is to play them competitively. We belonged on the field with some of the elite in 2010. Usually one or two plays needed to go our way to pull off a win.

PGM
04-28-2012, 05:15 PM
No I'm not happy with that. But the first step to compete with the elite is to play them competitively. We belonged on the field with some of the elite in 2010. Usually one or two plays needed to go our way to pull off a win.

You play to win the game

Frankie
04-28-2012, 06:45 PM
You play to win the game

And I submit we did in those games and did not shame ourselves. Sometimes you even deserve a win but you lose only because of a chance bounce of the ball.

Fruit Ninja
04-28-2012, 07:27 PM
And I submit we did in those games and did not shame ourselves. Sometimes you even deserve a win but you lose only because of a chance bounce of the ball.

we got shamed in the play offs against the fucking Ravens. That was a good ole fashion behind the woodshed ass beating. lol

Fruit Ninja
04-28-2012, 07:30 PM

It is bullshit. KC local media hardly ever breaks anything. I didnt hear about anything from anyone on the national media especially guys who break stories. I dont recall seeing a damned thing from anyone thats a legit reporter.