PDA

View Full Version : Spectator-wise, this was a great draft.

Direckshun
04-27-2012, 07:45 AM
It went quickly! Only three hours.

Took us three hours just to get to Johnny Baldwin last year.

Tons of trades, which are always fun. Some great value picks, some really aggressive moves, and some hilariously dumb picks.

Anybody else feel this way?

I held a draft party, and everybody stayed through the end of the round. That never happens.

the Talking Can
04-27-2012, 08:03 AM
yeah, it was good, but kind of a train wreck with the timing of the picks...

and schefter kept giving away the picks, but they finally stopped going to him

Coogs
04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
It went quickly! Only three hours.

Took us three hours just to get to Johnny Baldwin last year.

Tons of trades, which are always fun. Some great value picks, some really aggressive moves, and some hilariously dumb picks.

Anybody else feel this way?

I held a draft party, and everybody stayed through the end of the round. That never happens.

I watched ESPN. The 30 to 60 minutes had me wanting to throw something through my TV. What a clusterfuck that was. Pretty good coverage once they got around to focusing on the draft.

htismaqe
04-27-2012, 08:27 AM
I watched the NFLN coverage, Mayock has really grown on me.

The whole thing about not showing guys on the phone was okay, it didn't really hurt anything. But the whole pomp and circumstance around HAVING to wait for Goodell to announce the pick was kind of annoying. When you have a 3-team backlog of picks already in and he's not at the podium, that's annoying.

the Talking Can
04-27-2012, 08:34 AM
they showed goodell on the sideline at one point, while everyone is waiting for pick, getting a makeup touchup....dude was in no hurry, he knows he is the king

Hoover
04-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah it was a lot of fun. I think ESPN needs to change their coverage next year. Look, this is a news event and should be reported like one. There is not enough time to play pre-packaged videos of players. They need to do recap shows that run the next day that analyzes picks. Draft night should be about reporting the picks as they happen, details about the trades, the teams needs, etc. I think they miss the boat. The current set up allows them all sorts of time to play tape and talk about picks after the draft.

Pestilence
04-27-2012, 09:32 AM
I watched the entire thing on NFL Network. They're coverage was ok. Didn't really spoil any of the picks.

htismaqe
04-27-2012, 11:07 AM
they showed goodell on the sideline at one point, while everyone is waiting for pick, getting a makeup touchup....dude was in no hurry, he knows he is the king

Man did he get boo'ed at the start...

Chiefnj2
04-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Roger Goodall thinks he's Kim Kardashian snuggling up to all those big black guys.

vailpass
04-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Agree completely, most enjoyable draft viewing experience in many years. NFL Network nailed it. The new rookie cap has made the draft fun again. Teams seek out trades because they actually want the high picks instead of avoiding them like the plague because of all the $$ they used to have to pay to a kid who'd never taken a pro snap.
Well done NFL.

Munson
04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I wish I could've watched the NFL Network instead of ESPN. I can't stand listening to Chris Berman, and they pretty much telegraphed every pick, taking a little of the excitement away. There were tons of trades, along with a couple of "WTF" picks by Seattle and SF.

I still don't like the Thurday/Friday/Saturday setup. They need to go back to the old Saturday/Sunday setup.

Brock
04-27-2012, 12:43 PM

Yeah, that was right before the Chiefs pick. He's a douche.

htismaqe
04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Agree completely, most enjoyable draft viewing experience in many years. NFL Network nailed it. The new rookie cap has made the draft fun again. Teams seek out trades because they actually want the high picks instead of avoiding them like the plague because of all the $$ they used to have to pay to a kid who'd never taken a pro snap.
Well done NFL.

I totally agree with this.

whoman69
04-27-2012, 01:34 PM
I wish I could've watched the NFL Network instead of ESPN. I can't stand listening to Chris Berman, and they pretty much telegraphed every pick, taking a little of the excitement away. There were tons of trades, along with a couple of "WTF" picks by Seattle and SF.

I still don't like the Thurday/Friday/Saturday setup. They need to go back to the old Saturday/Sunday setup.

They're supposed to try to guess who the pick is. In most cases it wasn't too much of a surprise.

milkman
04-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I watched the NFLN coverage, Mayock has really grown on me.

The whole thing about not showing guys on the phone was okay, it didn't really hurt anything. But the whole pomp and circumstance around HAVING to wait for Goodell to announce the pick was kind of annoying. When you have a 3-team backlog of picks already in and he's not at the podium, that's annoying.

I've said this before, but while I don't always agree with Mayock's opinions, there isn't a single guy who does a better job of breaking down player film, both leading up to and during the draft.

Saccopoo
04-28-2012, 10:25 PM

milkman
04-28-2012, 10:31 PM

Your best post ever.