PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So, is Scooter Peeholey worth 5 million Hunt dollars a year?

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Inquiring minds want to know. Fuck the rest of the draft. Picks 1-3 should be home runs for a balla ass GM of the eternity.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
I feel fine with how he is building this team....he just has yet to address the most important position on the field....

Molitoth
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
I don't care about Hunts money, but he will be getting very little of mine.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Not my money. I don't care.

Why are you even watching the draft? You don't watch college ball.

Bane
04-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Meh.

jspchief
04-27-2012, 08:10 PM
List the 5 biggest moves Pioli has made with KC

1. Matt Cassel
2. Todd Haley
3. Eric Winston
4. ???
5. Profit

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-27-2012, 08:16 PM
I think some of the people on this board could do just as good of a job.

wazu
04-27-2012, 08:19 PM
I'm not ready to bail yet. If he starts letting free agents walk that could change. Carr was the first test of that for me, and he semi-failed. Only saying "semi" because he did provide a somewhat suitable replacement.

qabbaan
04-27-2012, 08:22 PM
I am fine with what we are doing here. Our offensive line has been dominated the past few years and is very thin. On defense, nose tackle was the biggest need.

If not for the Cassel thing we'd be a pretty darn good football team, I think. At least from looking at the roster.

el borracho
04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Pioli's two biggest failings are, unfortunately, at the most important positions in football.

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Our offensive line has been dominated

LMAO

True fans are sated.

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
List the 5 biggest moves Pioli has made with KC

1. Matt Cassel
2. Todd Haley
3. Eric Winston
4. ???
5. Profit

LMAO

jspchief
04-27-2012, 08:37 PM
LMAOI know, right?

Joking aside, try and come up with the 5 biggest things he's done for this franchise. Cassel and Haley have to be 1 and 2, and they are total failures. TJax? I'll give it a C at best. Berry I guess, but it was a no brainer? Is Winston seriously the biggest FA move?

Literally, the few times he's attempted to make an impact move, it's essentially been a failure. Everything else he's done has been completely playing it safe. Retread coaches, safe linemen draft picks, etc. I honestly don't see a single thing that makes me say "Pioli made us a better team because of X"

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Pissoli LMAO

(tags)

wazu
04-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Pioli's two biggest failings are, unfortunately, at the most important positions in football.

Trying to figure out why you hate Branden Albert.

Direckshun
04-27-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't understand tags anymore.

qabbaan
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
LMAO

True fans are sated.

Your "Stanzi is our savior" image leads me to believe your opinions on draft prospects can be disregarded.

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Your "Stanzi is our savior" image leads me to believe your opinions on draft prospects can be disregarded.

Uh, I have that avatar because I lost a bet.

I'm not a Stanzibater.

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't understand tags anymore.

Understand them now?

nascher
04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
LOL you guys are funny.
Look at the trash pile that was left after Herm the Worm left and CP.

qabbaan
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Uh, I have that avatar because I lost a bet.

I'm not a Stanzibater.

What did you mean earlier? Do you feel the offensive line played well last year?

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
I know, right?

Joking aside, try and come up with the 5 biggest things he's done for this franchise. Cassel and Haley have to be 1 and 2, and they are total failures. TJax? I'll give it a C at best. Berry I guess, but it was a no brainer? Is Winston seriously the biggest FA move?

Literally, the few times he's attempted to make an impact move, it's essentially been a failure. Everything else he's done has been completely playing it safe. Retread coaches, safe linemen draft picks, etc. I honestly don't see a single thing that makes me say "Pioli made us a better team because of X"

I agree 100%

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 08:50 PM
What did you mean earlier? Do you feel the offensive line played well last year?

They were rated in the top 10 for pass blocking. The only real issue with this line was RT.

Cassel makes the line look worse, as do shitty RBs like Thomas Jones.

el borracho
04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Trying to figure out why you hate Branden Albert.

Not sure I know where that came from. I was referring to the inability to find a QB and a head coach.

el borracho
04-27-2012, 09:00 PM
And in case anyone cares, IMO taking a shot with Haley > giving 80 year old Crennel the job.

chiefzilla1501
04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
I know, right?

Overdramatic much?

I was as critical as anyone about the Haley firing and despise Matt Cassel.

But that doesn't change the fact that this team had a team with 10 miserable starters when he took over (and zero bench depth), and he's gotten us to the point where one player (QB) can literally turn this team into a legit super bowl contender. And he did this all while being very cheap on the cap.

I think his legacy is doomed until he gets the QB decision right. But it's ridiculous to say he hasn't done anything. THis team is a hell of a lot better than the one he took over.

tk13
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm not sure I'm very excited about the guys we picked. A lot more potential than production.

But I have to say, there was plenty of teeth gnashing every time a lineman went down because Pioli didn't have the foresight to acquire OL depth. Which honestly was probably correct.

Hopefully, these guys develop so we don't get punched in the mouth up front anymore. I'm honestly surprised at Pioli drafting two OL-men so high. This team has never been that great in short yardage situations under Pioli, and occasionally could get mauled up front by teams like Oakland and Baltimore. I don't buy into the theory that just because Roethlisberger can stand back there with a terrible line that you have to do it that way.

wazu
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Not sure I know where that came from. I was referring to the inability to find a QB and a head coach.

Gotcha.

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 09:09 PM
And in case anyone cares, IMO taking a shot with Haley > giving 80 year old Crennel the job.

Yep.

If those are my two options, dance with the guy who might improve.

wazu
04-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Yep.

If those are my two options, dance with the guy who might improve.

I liked the Haley choice initially, but he went rogue in his final year. Would never have supported Romeo if he had been the hire instead of Haley originally, but the way things fell I really didn't see a candidate that I liked better. And Jeff Fischer sucks. And how can anybody not love Romeo?

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 09:15 PM
And how can anybody not love Romeo?

I've posted some reasons before.

chiefzilla1501
04-27-2012, 09:16 PM
I liked the Haley choice initially, but he went rogue in his final year. Would never have supported Romeo if he had been the hire instead of Haley originally, but the way things fell I really didn't see a candidate that I liked better. And Jeff Fischer sucks. And how can anybody not love Romeo?

Romeo is a phenomenal coordinator. But he's soft and a player's coach and in 2-3 years, the team is going to run all over him. Plus, you think Herm Edwards was a bad game day coach, wait till we get a load of Romeo.

I think Haley went rogue because the front office pushed him there. I'm still bitter about the Haley firing.

el borracho
04-27-2012, 09:23 PM

1. Didn't want Fischer. Would have liked to have hired an "up-and-coming" coordinator or a succesful college head coach.
2. I want to see the Chiefs build a dynasty. Even if Romeo was a great head coach (history says different), he won't be around very long because he is already past retirement age.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2012, 09:37 PM
I've posted some reasons before.

Being fat and old isn't a reason

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Being fat and old isn't a reason

Being old is.

We have a three year window, at most, to get something done.

It's just fucking stupid, and history will see it as such when we flush these turds.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Being old is.

We have a three year window, at most, to get something done.

It's just fucking stupid, and history will see it as such when we flush these turds.

What are you gonna do for all of 2013 away from here after the Chiefs win 11 games this fall?

:)

DTLB58
04-27-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm not ready to bail yet. If he starts letting free agents walk that could change. Carr was the first test of that for me, and he semi-failed. Only saying "semi" because he did provide a somewhat suitable replacement.

I would agree "semi". Let's see what happens with Bowe. If he doesn't sign a long term deal then total fail. You might as well kept Carr and let Bowe walk.

DTLB58
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I know, right?

Probably getting Crennel to come here. Remember he wasn't here their first season. Where would this Team/Defense be right now without him?

This is not a personal endorsement for him to be Head Coach btw.

Count Zarth
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
What are you gonna do for all of 2013 away from here after the Chiefs win 11 games this fall?

:)

Pinch you so you wake up from your dream, and join my nightmare.

DTLB58
04-27-2012, 09:57 PM

I agree. Especially when you have him as DC anyways.

-King-
04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I know, right?

So the team has the same amount of talent it had in 08?
Posted via Mobile Device