PDA

View Full Version : Computers Wordpress Suggestion?

jAZ
04-28-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm trying to find a WP plugin that will run once a week, and generate a weekly wrapup post of my sites content on our site.

I found one called Instant Weekly Wrapup, but from what I can see it requires me to run through the process on manually each week. I'm looking for something that I can schedule, give it an RSS feed URL and let it do it's thing each week.

MailChimp has a RSS-Driven campaign that you can schedule. I'm looking for that exact feature but within my own WP site.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Okie_Apparition
04-28-2012, 09:28 PM
English
do you speak it

Thig Lyfe
04-28-2012, 09:32 PM
i like askjeeves

dj56dt58
04-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Warrior forum might be a good place to ask

|Zach|
04-28-2012, 10:27 PM
So...are we talking about just displaying a weeks worth of content from an RSS feed?

rico
04-28-2012, 10:31 PM
blogcatalog.com message boards may be able to answer for you. There is a woman named Time Thief who knows everything about Wordpress.

jAZ
04-28-2012, 11:45 PM
So...are we talking about just displaying a weeks worth of content from an RSS feed?

Well, in theory no RSS is needed. If it's a plugin that just grabs the content straight from the DB and aggregates it into a post internally. But assuming that exactly plugin doesn't exist, it seems like one that creates a weekly post displaying a snippet of each of the posts created that week automatically.

jAZ
04-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Warrior forum might be a good place to ask

blogcatalog.com message boards may be able to answer for you. There is a woman named Time Thief who knows everything about Wordpress.
Thanks! Will check out both.

jAZ
04-29-2012, 04:52 PM
For some reason I can't post a thread at blogcatalog.com. Keep getting an error.

rico
04-29-2012, 06:33 PM
For some reason I can't post a thread at blogcatalog.com. Keep getting an error.

Hmmm... Does it say anything about requiring you to authorize your site with them in order to create and participate in discussions? If so, and you don't want to create an account, I can create a topic for you with my account and will post a link to your site so the site-builder gurus can look at it and have a clear understanding of what they are being asked and how to assist you.