PDA

View Full Version : Life Video: Dog takes first steps after spinal injury

Fire Me Boy!
04-29-2012, 06:44 AM
http://now.msn.com/now/0424-puppy-learns-walk.aspx

Watch this inspiring clip of 5-month-old puppy Sophie tentatively learning to walk as she recovers from a spinal injury. The lanky German shepherd is luckier than she will ever know: she was deposited at an animal shelter and slated to be killed because she couldn't walk. Her salvation arrived in the form of folks from Westside German Shepherd Rescue in Los Angeles, who diagnosed her with a mass on her spine and are providing the medical attention she needs. After just one week of physical therapy, Sophie is taking her first steps -- and bringing a tear to the eye of soppy viewers everywhere.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u2gm_HlvktQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Steve
04-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Yeah, That money could have went to buy something else nobody needs.

La literatura
05-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Dude, just fucking kill it. Dogs don't need to be wobbling around with the aide of a human for 12+ years.

ChiefsNow
05-01-2012, 05:29 AM
They put thousands of fully healthy dogs to sleep every day in the shelters just because they can't afford to feed them. This is one lucky dog to get this kind of care. that's for sure.

Fire Me Boy!
05-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Dude, just fucking kill it. Dogs don't need to be wobbling around with the aide of a human for 12+ years.

That was after one week of physical therapy. Sheesh. I figured with as many dog lovers out there this video wouldn't get such a negative response.

phisherman
05-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Yes, the dog is lucky to get that kind of care. But if you don't think that's a neat story, you've got issues.

ChiefsNow
05-01-2012, 06:50 AM
Yes, the dog is lucky to get that kind of care. But if you don't think that's a neat story, you've got issues.

I didn't say anything negative.

phisherman
05-01-2012, 07:06 AM
I didn't say anything negative.

I should've been more clear.

That response was more to the posters above you; I tend to agree that the dog was very lucky to get care at that level as a shelter dog.

tooge
05-01-2012, 09:06 AM
cool video. I for one think this dog and the entire story is awesome. I wouldn't give a squirt of piss for about half the people on this planet, but dogs are unconditionally faithful to their people. Dogs rule, people generally suck.

Dayze
05-01-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm a sucker for dogs. stuff like this hits me in the gut.

i like dogs more than i like more people. lol

Lumpy
05-01-2012, 09:46 AM
It sure is dusty in my office. :(

Major kudos to the Westside German Shepherd Rescue!

Bump
05-01-2012, 12:00 PM
What a great story. It's nice to see that there are still good people out there willing to help a dog like that out. Now they will share a special bond and will be best friends for life. I have a special place in my heart for dogs, they are good people. I can't trust my best human friends, but I can always trust my dog, she would never do anything to wrong me. 2 months after I adopted my beautiful black lab pup, she was diagnosed with heart worms. I saw her through that, even though it was tough on both of us and extremely expensive, but she's my best friend and I will do anything for her.

Dayze
05-01-2012, 12:05 PM
What a great story. It's nice to see that there are still good people out there willing to help a dog like that out. Now they will share a special bond and will be best friends for life. I have a special place in my heart for dogs, they are good people. I can't trust my best human friends, but I can always trust my dog, she would never do anything to wrong me. 2 months after I adopted my beautiful black lab pup, she was diagnosed with heart worms. I saw her through that, even though it was tough on both of us and extremely expensive, but she's my best friend and I will do anything for her.

:thumb:

Thig Lyfe
05-01-2012, 12:06 PM
ALL DOGS GO TO HELL

La literatura
05-01-2012, 12:07 PM
That was after one week of physical therapy. Sheesh. I figured with as many dog lovers out there this video wouldn't get such a negative response.

Sorry. I really like the videos of dogs seeing soldiers. But this? $$$

Dayze
05-01-2012, 12:09 PM
just last night we decided to send a $20 gift card to the Missouri Doberman Rescue. Not much, but maybe could buy some food, toys, or treats.

some of those dogs on that site just break my heart how someone could do those things.

Barret
05-01-2012, 12:14 PM
This is a great story and I like the video, except for 1 part.

Ok, normal dogs with normal ability to walk have issues with Linoleum floors and sliding all around. Why are they trying to get the dog to walk on a slick surface in the home? Perhaps starting on the Carpet where the dog has some grip might help get the dog up a bit more?

It might not be linoleum or whatever but starting at the 1 minute mark it looks like a slick surface.

mikey23545
05-01-2012, 12:44 PM

You need to keep in mind who the comments came from.

Now I need to check on replacing my AC filter...there seems to be an awful lot of pollen getting into the house...

Der Flöprer
05-01-2012, 12:51 PM
cool video. I for one think this dog and the entire story is awesome. I wouldn't give a squirt of piss for about half the people on this planet, but dogs are unconditionally faithful to their people. Dogs rule, people generally suck.

I'm a sucker for dogs. stuff like this hits me in the gut.

i like dogs more than i like more people. lol

You want a true test of loyalty? Lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for two hours, and see which one is happiest to see you when you let them out...

vailpass
05-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Ridiculous waste of $$ to give the poor dog a life of being a cripple, the one thing a dog was never meant to deal with.

vailpass
05-01-2012, 01:07 PM

You poor bastard.

Bump
05-01-2012, 01:08 PM
You poor bastard.

okay, I can trust 2, I think....:spock:

vailpass
05-01-2012, 01:10 PM
okay, I can trust 2, I think....:spock:

I'm very glad to hear that and I mean it. Anyone that doesn't have a single human friend to trust is in a really bad way.
I love my dog but end of day he's just a dog.

lewdog
05-01-2012, 01:24 PM
I have a special place in my heart for dogs

Jesus Christ, this should be in a thread of its own, you have a fucking heart!!??

tooge
05-01-2012, 01:28 PM
You want a true test of loyalty? Lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for two hours, and see which one is happiest to see you when you let them out...

Hey, what a great test. I'm gonna do that when I get home from work.
Seriously though, when my wife bitches at me, my dog always looks at me as if to say "sorry man, that sux" and then usually comes over and puts her head on my leg. They can sense stress and don't like it happening to their people

tooge
05-01-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm very glad to hear that and I mean it. Anyone that doesn't have a single human friend to trust is in a really bad way.

spoken like a true bronco fan

tooge
05-01-2012, 01:29 PM

remind me not to ever come back in another life as your dog, or for that matter, your football team

vailpass
05-01-2012, 01:31 PM
remind me not to ever come back in another life as your dog, or for that matter, your football team

cuz you value a human over a dog that means you hates dogs herp derp!

tooge
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM
cuz you value a human over a dog that means you hates dogs herp derp!

didn't say that. I said I wouldn't want to be your dog since it's "just a dog"

vailpass
05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
didn't say that. I said I wouldn't want to be your dog since it's "just a dog"

Compared to the loved ones in my life? Yes. You put your dog before your family and friends?

Demonpenz
05-01-2012, 01:40 PM
With all the hits that video has gotten I thought my paralized dog calander idea has real legs.

vailpass
05-01-2012, 01:40 PM
With all the hits that video has gotten I thought my paralized dog calander idea has real legs.

LMAO

tooge
05-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Compared to the loved ones in my life? Yes. You put your dog before your family and friends?

I consider my dog as part of my family, yes. That is how they view us as well, as part of the pack. I don't put her ahead of anyone else in the family, but I give her the time, excercise, attention, etc that she deserves. If I couldn't, I shouldn't have gotten a dog. I'll tell friends I cant do something so I can take my dog for a long romp at the lake before I'd leave her at home by herself all day. Like I said, I wouldn't get a dog if I couldn't treat it that way.

vailpass
05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I consider my dog as part of my family, yes. That is how they view us as well, as part of the pack. I don't put her ahead of anyone else in the family, but I give her the time, excercise, attention, etc that she deserves. If I couldn't, I shouldn't have gotten a dog. I'll tell friends I cant do something so I can take my dog for a long romp at the lake before I'd leave her at home by herself all day. Like I said, I wouldn't get a dog if I couldn't treat it that way.

God that is just so swell. See you on the rainbow bridge.

tooge
05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
whatever

Bump
05-01-2012, 03:47 PM

I've had friends in the past that I was 100% sure I could trust and they let me down, stole from me and it just didnt end well. It keeps my guard up thats for sure.

morphius
05-11-2012, 01:09 PM
The owners of Sophie wanted me to post the latest video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qKYi-H0GFx4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth
05-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Ridiculous waste of $$ to give the poor dog a life of being a cripple, the one thing a dog was never meant to deal with.

Never meant to deal with being loved?

I'm sure the dog and the owners are perfectly happy with the made decision.

Molitoth
05-11-2012, 01:23 PM

rofl