PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football The Mythical Ricky Stanzi

Pages : [1] 2

Bowser
04-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Why? Why is this guy held in such high regard around here? I remember him leading exactly *ONE* touchdown drive of note last preseason, and really don't remember him sticking in my memory as a guy that I'd love to have on my team coming out of college.

Are we so starved for a quarterback, ANY quarterback, that we bring up through the ranks to finally break through and be THE GUY that we would put this seemingly average and nondescript player up on a pedestal? I mean, seriously, he couldn't even beat out Tyler Palko for the backup gig. Tyler. Freaking. Palko. It makes me wish I were more of a Hawkeye fan just so I could buy into the "hype" surrounding him. I haven't seen this much hopefull wishing since Casey Printers and Ted White didn't make the team.

So, sell me on this phenom named Stanzi. I dare you.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 05:28 PM
I do remember him from the bowl game against Mizzou, a little. If memory serves, Iowa won that game more on Gabbert's boneheaded interceptions than anything Stanzi was able to pull off.

|Zach|
04-29-2012, 05:29 PM
He seems to a competitor and leader.

Hoping he improves with this full offseason and makes some things happen.

MIAdragon
04-29-2012, 05:30 PM
IIRC he was playing with the scrubs and STILL looked better than our POS starter running with the 1st string guys.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 05:30 PM
I cant sell you on him.

If he plays better than Cassel and Quinn he should start.

Pioli would sooner bite off his own clit before starting someone in lieu of his beloved Matt.

Coogs
04-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Why? Why is this guy held in such high regard around here? I remember him leading exactly *ONE* touchdown drive of note last preseason, and really don't remember him sticking in my memory as a guy that I'd love to have on my team coming out of college.

Are we so starved for a quarterback, ANY quarterback, that we bring up through the ranks to finally break through and be THE GUY that we would put this seemingly average and nondescript player up on a pedestal? I mean, seriously, he couldn't even beat out Tyler Palko for the backup gig. Tyler. Freaking. Palko. It makes me wish I were more of a Hawkeye fan just so I could buy into the "hype" surrounding him. I haven't seen this much hopefull wishing since Casey Printers and Ted White didn't make the team.

Apparently he was told before the season that he would not play this season regardless of the situation. Hence, Palko before Stanzi.

Mallett did not suit up for a game this year either.

EDIT: He suited up for one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Mallett

Mallett made his preseason debut in the Patriots' first preseason game, a 47–12 rout of the Jacksonville Jaguars on August 11. He played the entire second half, completing 12 of 19 passes for 164 yards, one touchdown, and no interceptions. The Patriots scored touchdowns on each of the first four drives Mallett led, and ran out the clock on his fifth and final drive. Mallett struggled in his next preseason games throwing an interception run for a touchdown in his second game. At his fourth preseason game against the Giants he was 6 for 16 for 57 yards. Mallett spent 2011 as the Patriots' third-string QB, behind Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer;[22] Mallett was inactive for 15 out of 16 regular season games in 2011 and was inactive for every post season game.

MrNightly
04-29-2012, 05:33 PM
I mean, seriously, he couldn't even beat out Tyler Palko for the backup gig. Tyler. Freaking. Palko.

Seriously? Do you live under a rock?

Palko was a pawn used by our late coach, whose name I refuse to say, as a finger in the face of the "Management." Palko didn't beat anybody, and was only used because he sucked. This goes to show, even moreso, that Stanzi was kept on the bench, because he was more of a gamer then Palko, since the late coach didn't want to even be in the games... on purpose.

So enough with using Palko was a topic for anything. Stanzi hasn't had his shot yet... when he does, let us judge him then, not on what he did in college or while riding the pine last season.

J Diddy
04-29-2012, 05:34 PM
IIRC he was playing with the scrubs and STILL looked better than our POS starter running with the 1st string guys.

Wasn't he playing against scrubs?

Bowser
Apparently he was told before the season that he would not play this season regardless of the situation. Hence, Palko before Stanzi.

Mallett did not suit up for a game this year either.

Really? Are we to assume that was another Haley decision?

ILChief
Tom Brady couldnt beat Drew Henson.

dirk digler
Great white hope like Brian Shay, Marc Boerigter, and Boomer Grigsby.

Count Zarth
04-29-2012, 05:35 PM
It's hope in the face of hopelessness.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Seriously? Do you live under a rock?

Palko was a pawn used by our late coach, whose name I refuse to say, as a finger in the face of the "Management." Palko didn't beat anybody, and was only used because he sucked. This goes to show, even moreso, that Stanzi was kept on the bench, because he was more of a gamer then Palko, since the late coach didn't want to even be in the games... on purpose.

So enough with using Palko was a topic for anything. Stanzi hasn't had his shot yet... when he does, let us judge him then, not on what he did in college or while riding the pine last season.

No. I live in a world where Ricky Stanzi couldn't get on the field before Tyler Freaking Palko could.

So now I'm to believe that Stanzi is this secret weapon used against Pioli by Haley, just for what? Spite? This fifth rounder has so much potential that Haley decided to use Stanzi as the sword to kamikaze his head coaching career? I'm to believe that?

mlyonsd
04-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Maybe Pioli looks at stats. Stanzi's were better than Brady's in college.

FTR I didn't think he was worth his draft spot and I'm a hawkeye fan. And that's QB'ing for a team that is the stepchild of the big 10. My biggest complaint was accuracy and ability to make the long throw.

But he is smart and a student of the game.

Coogs
04-29-2012, 05:38 PM

I'm not sure. There was a thread or post on it about a month ago.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 05:38 PM
At least Boerigter has an NFL record that can never be beaten. Heh.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Because he is from Iowa.

If he was a 5th round pick from an east/west coast school...everyone would be referring to him as a career back-up.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Why? Why is this guy held in such high regard around here?

Because the back up QB is the sexiest guy on any team with a less than desirable starter. Stanzi hasn't fucked anything up yet to fade the color on the rose colored glasses so he's the anti Cassel simply for that alone.

KC Tattoo
04-29-2012, 05:43 PM
He needs playing time to see if he can work out. We know damn well Cassel isn't the ancer so why not a draft pick for a change? That's all I've ever wanted as a Chief fan to watch a young QB we drafted and go with it. Watch him learn and grow with the team. Albeit I'd wish it would be a first rounder that comes with hype to get excited but a fifth rounder who doesn't have that pressure on him may just may turn out to be something special. We don't know but should be fun to watch.

ILChief
04-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Because he is from Iowa.

If he was a 5th round pick from an east/west coast school...everyone would be referring to him as a career back-up.

I have no feelings either way towards Iowa. I have never even been to the state of Iowa

|Zach|
04-29-2012, 05:45 PM

Did he? I recall him playing pretty shitty.

I am not down on him though.

MrNightly
04-29-2012, 05:51 PM
No. I live in a world where Ricky Stanzi couldn't get on the field before Tyler Freaking Palko could.

So now I'm to believe that Stanzi is this secret weapon used against Pioli by Haley, just for what? Spite? This fifth rounder has so much potential that Haley decided to use Stanzi as the sword to kamikaze his head coaching career? I'm to believe that?

Couldn't get on the field by who? First thing that Romeo did was BENCH Palko and he never was an option again. Haley REFUSED to start Stanzi... it had nothing to do with using him as a sword to his own death, but simply that he knew he was done, and took down the Chiefs with him, by starting the worst possible QB we had for 4 GAMES?! Please. Let's not be naive either.

I have no idea if Stanzi is a secret weapon... but I know he is better then Palko. And he couldn't be worse then Cassel either.

ILChief
04-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Couldn't get on the field by who? First thing that Romeo did was BENCH Palko and he never was an option again. Haley REFUSED to start Stanzi... it had nothing to do with using him as a sword to his own death, but simply that he knew he was done, and took down the Chiefs with him, by starting the worst possible QB we had for 4 GAMES?! Please. Let's not be naive either.

I have no idea if Stanzi is a secret weapon... but I know he is better then Palko. And he couldn't be worse then Cassel either.

Maybe it was an organizational decision to sit stanzi for the year regardless. Stanzi is still on the team and Palko isn't so he did "beat him out"

Phobia
04-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Stanzi got like 4 series the entire preseason.

KC Tattoo
04-29-2012, 05:55 PM

You could? I have a few theories but mostly think that Stanzi wasn't given much of a chance do to the lock out and short TC. They didn't have OTAs last year and Haley new Palko from AZ so was going give him that dibs on it. The biggest thing going into last years regular season is the fourth game of preseason. They did every thing they could do to prime or get Cassel ready for the regular season by playing him in all four quarters against Green Bay. They wanted Cassel to succeed more than anything and had Palko have a few drives in that game as the backup. No team has played there starting QB in all four quarters in any preseason game like that before. Rediculas but that's what the Chiefs did and neglected opportunity to see what Stanzi could do.

Stanzi was put on the back wash for the season and Haley didn't care. Then they brought in Orton who screwed Stanzi shot at playing time even more. Had they not brought in Orton Stanzi would have finished the year with the departure of Haley as HC.

MrNightly
Stanzi is still on the team and Palko isn't so he did "beat him out"

Nicely done. A truer point was never written.

Bowser

And even by saying this, you still have zero idea if Stanzi is worth all the hype. And saying he couldn't be worse than what we have doesn't count, it just makes you sound like a Stanzi relative.

I hope the kid comes out and plays lights out, but I have no reason to believe it is going to happen. That's all I'm saying here.

ChiefMojo
Palko was the worst NFL QB I had ever seen in two straight Training Camps. I had seen NAIA QB's that had better arms and looked all-around better than Palko. He was Haley's puppet and played that part until Haley was no more. I bet you good money if we had Stanzi in those ball games we would have made the playoffs. He couldn't have done any worse than Palko did. I mean we didn't even put up a fighting chance offensively with Palko in.

Otter
04-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Has anyone said "because he was drafted and not Cassell" yet?

Hoover
04-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Stanzi is a prospect. Nothing more, nothing less.

Had he played last year he would have failed and not because of his own doing. Our oline and running backs sucked. So we didn't put out prospect out on the field to get killed. I'm fine with that.

MrNightly
04-29-2012, 06:00 PM
And even by saying this, you still have zero idea if Stanzi is worth all the hype. And saying he couldn't be worse than what we have doesn't count, it just makes you sound like a Stanzi relative.

I hope the kid comes out and plays lights out, but I have no reason to believe it is going to happen. That's all I'm saying here.

Well that's kinda like saying, the Colts have zero idea if Luck will be worth the hype. Again... seriously? No QB is as bad as Palko was. After 2 games, Stanzi should have been given some playing time to find this out.

I, for one, am glad he didn't, and hope he had a little more time so he can mature and become the next Joe Montana. :)

KC Tattoo
04-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Stanzi is a prospect. Nothing more, nothing less.

Had he played last year he would have failed and not because of his own doing. Our oline and running backs sucked. So we didn't put out prospect out on the field to get killed. I'm fine with that.

He sure well could have played the last game of the season and not got himself killed. Orton with one td whoop!

Valiant
04-29-2012, 06:01 PM
He is better then cassel by a huge margin is all I got. Quinn also, those two should battle it out. Don't want limp dick arm throwing passes for the chiefs any longer.

Deberg_1990
04-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

whoman69
04-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Cassell = proven fail
Quinn = proven fail

I have to believe in Stanzi, he's our only hope.

Epic Fail 007
04-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Dude he did beat palko out.You were told what haley wanted us to believe. Haley was doing anything he could to tank the season. Example the steelers game stanzi was trying to share his input he was wanting to go in mind you this was after palko melted down. Haley just looked at stanzi all stone faced would not even saying a word and walked away. When it was very clear that game stanzi was the better option. Also any normal coach who were doing things right would of played him more in the preseason. Yes Haley was the sole reason we lost the division. As much as it pains me to say it was not cassel.

Coogs
04-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Cassell = proven fail
Quinn = proven fail

Cassel has 55 career starts. The verdict is in.

Quinn has 12 career starts. Jury is still out.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Quinn = proven fail

Proven? 12 starts is proven?

tk13
04-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Because he's probably the greatest QB to ever play the game, and our stupid front office keeps him on the bench, because they don't want him to show up Cassel. Nevermind that they drafted him. If this team had Stanzi, Greene, McNutt, Gallery at LT, Kaeding at K and Bob Sanders on the IR, this team would quite honestly be better than the 2007 Patriots.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Cassell = proven fail
Quinn = proven fail

This post = proven fail

FYP

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Cause he is a Real American, fights for the rights of every man. He is a Real American fights for what's right, fights for his life...

Phobia
Because he's probably the greatest QB to ever play the game, and our stupid front office keeps him on the bench, because they don't want him to show up Cassel. Nevermind that they drafted him. If this team had Stanzi, Greene, McNutt, Gallery at LT, Kaeding at K and Bob Sanders on the IR, this team would quite honestly be better than the 2007 Patriots.

I'd take all of them but who knows what Stanzi is gonna do in the NFL. Stop being a jerk, jerkface.

Urc Burry
I'm in the minority but I think Pioli is just really strict when it comes to playing certain rookies. We have had quite a few rookies come in who could of been a day 1 starter, but we're played sparingly

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Cause he is a Real American, fights for the rights of every man. He is a Real American fights for what's right, fights for his life...

Neg rep for getting that damned song stuck in my head.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:20 PM

Nice to meet you, Mr. Ferentz.

Hoover
04-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Oh, and lets not forget that he didn't have much of an off season to get up to speed.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Well that's kinda like saying, the Colts have zero idea if Luck will be worth the hype. Again... seriously? No QB is as bad as Palko was. After 2 games, Stanzi should have been given some playing time to find this out.

I, for one, am glad he didn't, and hope he had a little more time so he can mature and become the next Joe Montana. :)

Admit it - you grew up in Iowa City, didn't you?

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Oh, and lets not forget that he didn't have much of an off season to get up to speed.

True.

You can apply this thinking to ALL of our QB's this year. Hopefully with a full offseason with Zorn and Daboll, one of these turds can rise above the other.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-29-2012, 06:23 PM
He actually beat Palko, but Haley had a boner for Palko for some reason

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:24 PM
He actually beat Palko, but Haley had a boner for Palko for some reason

That whole Pittsburgh thing, I guess.

tk13
Neg rep for getting that damned song stuck in my head.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u2OR6Kjo5m4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BoneKrusher
Why? Why is this guy held in such high regard around here?

Probably because all others QB's on the roster suck ass.

BoneKrusher
04-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Cassell = proven fail
Quinn = proven fail

this makes sense to me.

MrNightly
04-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Admit it - you grew up in Iowa City, didn't you?

Nah, can't stand Iowa (Idiots Out Walking Around)...

I just like the kid and think he has what it takes when given the chance.

tk13
04-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Stanzi is a better QB than Palko, but in terms of pure performance he really didn't do better than Palko last year in preseason really. Stanzi completed just above 50% of his passes.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Stanzi is a better QB than Palko, but in terms of pure performance he really didn't do better than Palko last year in preseason really.

Exactly what I was saying. I haven't seen anything to get me excited about the possiblity of this kid coming in and taking over.

That being said, none of us have seen much of him since he's been in the pros.

SNR
04-29-2012, 06:31 PM
There have been thousands of threads on this. And you've probably read all the arguments. You're just not convinced, that's all.

Here are my own takes on why Stanzi should start (especially now that we didn't draft anybody)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257176

I'd also just like to emphasize that you really need to watch his snaps during the preseason if you don't know what's special about the guy.

He came in behind Cassel and Palko late in the game when we were down to our 3rd string offensive line, backs, and receivers. I can't say enough bad things about that offensive line, other than I'm shocked that any of those pukes even got considered to play in the NFL as undrafted free agents. Those assholes I saw playing were about as unprepared and untalented as NAIA-level squad guys. COMPLETELY pathetic protection in front of Stanzi.

What did Stanzi show? Yeah, took a couple sacks, but he EXTENDED PLAYS. Who was the last Chiefs QB to extend plays? Thigpen, but he had the benefit of the pistol spread. Trent Green had a QB clock and a pocket presence that allowed him to narrowly avoid sacks and step up and throw like a pro, second probably only to Brett Favre at that time in the NFL (2002-2005). Stanzi got hit, clobbered, and massacred on nearly every drop back, but didn't quit. Made the first and second guy miss at least half the time, and usually got a fairly good pass off considering the circumstances most of the time.

It will be really entertaining to see him possibly work with our starting offensive line in some game this year. I'll betcha anything he'll shine more than Cassel ever has.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:32 PM
And neg rep for you too, tk. Even worse, that youtube vid wouldn't pause. It just kept playing, damn your ears.

tk13
04-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Exactly what I was saying. I haven't seen anything to get me excited about the possiblity of this kid coming in and taking over.

That being said, none of us have seen much of him since he's been in the pros.

He works hard and he has a better arm than Cassel or Palko. Of course, Curtis Painter probably has a better arm than Cassel too.

Phobia
Stanzi is a better QB than Palko, but in terms of pure performance he really didn't do better than Palko last year in preseason really. Stanzi completed just above 50% of his passes.

Cam Newton completed 42% of his preseason passes. Is Stanzi better than him.

SNR
Stanzi is a better QB than Palko, but in terms of pure performance he really didn't do better than Palko last year in preseason really. Stanzi completed just above 50% of his passes.Statistically, yes. Palko and Stanzi are the same QB. And their statistics are both better than Cassel's from this preseason.

In the eye test, the two QBs aren't even comparable. Stanzi is far superior.

O.city
04-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Stanzi actually has qb skills. At this point he isn't having to work on his mechanics like our starter, who has to consistently be told how to play the position.

IMO, by the time a guy gets to the NFL, these things should be a given. Some tweeking here and there, yeah probably so.

But the basics of playing quarterback should be mastered. There is too much other shit going on at such a high speed during the game that drops, arm angle, vision etc shouldn't have to be worried about.

SNR
04-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Question for Bowser:

We didn't draft Tannehill, and we didn't draft everybody's boyfriend Brock Osweiler. Sorry, but his boyish smile and adorable curly locks won't be gracing your television screens this fall for the red and gold.

The free agents are gone. Drew Brees likely is going to stay in New Orleans. Sorry to say, but our three QBs next year are Cassel, Quinn, and Stanzi.

Which guy gives you the greatest hope, no matter how irrational it may seem to you, to bring success to the Chiefs this year?

And if you say Cassel I shall say rude things to you.

whoman69
04-29-2012, 06:37 PM

Yup, proven fail. 52.1% completions with 5.4 ypa. 3-9 in those 12 starts. Hasn't taken a snap in a game since 2009.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Question for Bowser:

We didn't draft Tannehill, and we didn't draft everybody's boyfriend Brock Osweiler. Sorry, but his boyish smile and adorable curly locks won't be gracing your television screens this fall for the red and gold.

The free agents are gone. Drew Brees likely is going to stay in New Orleans. Sorry to say, but our three QBs next year are Cassel, Quinn, and Stanzi.

Which guy gives you the greatest hope, no matter how irrational it may seem to you, to bring success to the Chiefs this year?

And if you say Cassel I shall say rude things to you.

Cassel.

O.city
04-29-2012, 06:39 PM
I have no doubt that Stanzi is the hand picked future qb of this franchise. He met all the criteria and Scott is playing this one, damn near exactly the way it was played in NE.

IMO, i'd rather throw the guy in the fire this year and see what happens, but it won't be the case.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Cassel.

HAHA, in your face!

As it stands right this second, I'd have to say Quinn. He is definitely still a work in progress, but looks to have way more upside than Cassel, and Stanzi is a complete unkown.

mlyonsd
04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
It's evident to me from our draft Pioli is putting an OL in place to find his next real QB. I'm good with that.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Yup, proven fail. 52.1% completions with 5.4 ypa. 3-9 in those 12 starts. Hasn't taken a snap in a game since 2009.

I'm no Pestilence, but Quinn has been completely screwed over in his NFL career thus far. Just as it looked as if his career was about to take off, Romeo gets fired from the Cleveland gig, and Quinn was relegated back to second string duty. Then came the circus of Tebow with the Broncos.

Honestly, he may be facing the same shit here.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 06:43 PM
It's evident to me from our draft Pioli is putting an OL in place to find his next real QB. I'm good with that.

Quite possible.

veist
04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
I honestly can't say I've seen a lot of "hype" on here for Stanzi other than from BossChief mostly its just people sick of watching Mark Castle shit his pants and preferring anything to another wasted start on him.

Simplicity
04-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Ricky Stanzi is calm, cool, collect. In college he looked more NFL ready then anyone else on the field. Occasional floaters but nothing to get excited about. Potential is high... and yes... The Palko move was a Haley move... Did you even watch those games with Palko starting? Did you see Haley at all? He was causing problems on the side-line and calling dumb calls... He was fine being fired cause he knew he was going to get a job somewhere else. He knew Pioli hated him so he wanted to stick it to Pioli. Pioli's and Haley's personalities are way two different things which was bad news.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 06:53 PM

Only more fail by you

SNR
04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Cassel.
You are a fat, stupid, silly-ninny poo-poo head who drinks his own urine to unwind. You also have all the grace and charm of an intoxicated Hitler.

Do not tempt me a second time.

SNR
04-29-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm no Pestilence, but Quinn has been completely screwed over in his NFL career thus far. Just as it looked as if his career was about to take off, Romeo gets fired from the Cleveland gig, and Quinn was relegated back to second string duty. Then came the circus of Tebow with the Broncos.

Honestly, he may be facing the same shit here.Why do you think Quinn couldn't beat out Tim Tebow? Do you think he was actually the third best QB on that roster behind Orton and Tim Terrific?

Coogs
Again, I go back to Ryan Mallett. He only dressed out 1 game. He never took a snap. And I am basing Stanzi off of being told early he would not play his rookie season.

It makes it hard to be patient when you see Newton and Dalton have success, and Ponder, Gabbert, Locker, and even Yates get quality playing time. But I still think when the dust settles on this QB class that Mallett and Stanzi will have a chance to be ranked at the top of the class. And neither of them saw the playing field their first year.

Count Zarth
Mythical, you say?

http://i46.tinypic.com/9fxsg0.jpg

whoman69
04-29-2012, 06:58 PM

Honestly, he may be facing the same shit here.

Poppycock, most of his starts were after Romeo was fired. Both seasons he started games, he ended up on IR. IMO his linebacker build is an impediment. He created his own chances, and was equally swift in snuffing them out. Once Romeo was fired, he couldn't beat out Derek Anderson, who after his one good season was historically bad. He got another chance when Derek stunk it up in the 3rd game. Quinn was Mangini's guy from that point, but didn't prove himself. With Mangini coming back the next year, Quinn was traded for a little known fullback and a late round pick.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Why do you think Quinn couldn't beat out Tim Tebow? Do you think he was actually the third best QB on that roster behind Orton and Tim Terrific?

Not at all. Tebow has this unfathomable fan love that drove the Broncos to play him once they hit the eject button on Orton. The guy is a gamer to be sure, but a better QB than Quinn? Not a chance.

And even saying that, Tebow has won a playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The NFL is bizarro world sometimes.

chiefzilla1501
04-29-2012, 07:02 PM
I've always been realistic about the expectations of a 5th round pick.

But what really strikes me is that when you look at his scouting report, it's actually really hard to find any kind of fatal flaw. He's above average on pretty much everything you want out of a QB. Not elite on any one thing, but very good at most things.

So I don't know. I know he's a big long shot, but I've been scratching my head for a while figuring out why he fell as low as he did.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Mythical, you say?

http://i46.tinypic.com/9fxsg0.jpg

Ah, the little known Flying Stanzibovine. Impressive.

Count Zarth
04-29-2012, 07:04 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2ibhl6d.jpg

Count Zarth
04-29-2012, 07:06 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2i7yg6s.jpg

Phobia
04-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Ah, the little known Flying Stanzibovine. Impressive.

You know what bovines are? Never mind. Clearly you don't.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 07:07 PM
You know what bovines are? Never mind. Clearly you don't.

It's a pig that turns into a cow after it mates with a Stanzi, n00b.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Poppycock, most of his starts were after Romeo was fired. Both seasons he started games, he ended up on IR. IMO his linebacker build is an impediment. He created his own chances, and was equally swift in snuffing them out. Once Romeo was fired, he couldn't beat out Derek Anderson, who after his one good season was historically bad. He got another chance when Derek stunk it up in the 3rd game. Quinn was Mangini's guy from that point, but didn't prove himself. With Mangini coming back the next year, Quinn was traded for a little known fullback and a late round pick.

Those Cleveland teams were complete ass. Outside of Kellen Winslow II, who else did he have to throw to?

But you are correct in saying he played when Mangini was there. I had that wrong.

milkman
04-29-2012, 07:12 PM
SNR touched on this a bit, but our 3rd string scrubs last oreseason were worse than our opponents 3rd string scrubs, most notably on the O-Line.

In his limited snaps in the preseason, he spent the majority of his time running for his life.

He did show some real moxie and toughness in those situations.

In his only appearence with the second team, he was calm and collected in the pocket and lead the Chiefs to a TD with efficiency and poise, making at least two passes that neither Cassel or Palko could even dream of making.

Granted, it's only preseason, and there's a lot of preseason pro bowlers that never amount to anything when the real bullits fly, but in that one series, we did get a glimpse of what his potential may be.

Rudy lost the toss
04-29-2012, 07:14 PM
It's like Huard/Croyle all over again.

Dave Lane
04-29-2012, 07:15 PM

This was from Pioli if I recall correctly. Told Haley he couldn't play him unless Palko broke, RAC didn't play him either as you noticed. I still have no idea why.

Count Zarth
04-29-2012, 07:18 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2wpjgx3.jpg

Deberg_1990
04-29-2012, 07:20 PM
It's like Huard/Croyle all over again.

This. Not exactly Montana vs Young here. More like which shitburger tastes better?
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
04-29-2012, 07:24 PM

2007 season... Quinn held out for nearly 2 weeks before signing deal. Anderson took advantage. (Not a smart move by Quinn, his agent, or both).

2008 season... Anderson gets new big contract. Sucks ass. Quinn comes in and does pretty good. Quinn starts week 10 against Denver. Lost 34-30. Week 11 beat the Bills 29-27, but Quinn breaks right index finger. Plays next week in a loss, but is then out for the season.

Crennel fired.

2009 season... Winslow traded for draft pick. Quinn started first 3 games. Then Anderson started 4th. Edwards traded to Jets. Anderson starts until week 10 when Quinn got nod again. Quinn leaves Cleveland.

aturnis
04-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Wasn't he playing against scrubs?

Our starter played mostly against scrubs and looked like hell. It's silly to note that a guy played against scrubs when he was playing WITH scrubs. Even worse, his lineman were revolving doors and I believe one had JUST converted from DL.

Not to mention that his receivers did everything they could to drop the passes he threw to them...

SNR
04-29-2012, 07:31 PM
This. Not exactly Montana vs Young here. More like which shitburger tastes better?
Posted via Mobile DeviceNah. It's more like you have a choice between a shitburger (Cassel) and a burger that has a very suspicious-looking condiment spread on the bun. Could be something innocent like peanut butter, or it could a congealed smear of Type 7 poop.

And before you get started, yes, peanut butter cheeseburgers are fucking amazing. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Bowser
04-29-2012, 07:38 PM
There's a couple of gifs floating around here where Stanzi finds Cody Slate on a seam pattern down the middle with an excellent throw, and another where he finds him on a corner route for a touchdown. Both throws were excellent, and the TD throw was off his back foot, but still on the money.

Those are the two plays I remember thinking "damn good throw, there".

DeezNutz
04-29-2012, 07:40 PM
It's hope in the face of hopelessness.

Should have been locked here. People waiting on Stanzi truly enjoy urinating into a fierce north wind.

Fruit Ninja
04-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Are we so starved for a quarterback, ANY quarterback.Yes, and for good damned reason. No franchise qb since Len Dawson.

EVERYONE should be starved for a good qb.

I do know Matt Cassel ISNT that qb.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 07:44 PM
There's a couple of gifs floating around here where Stanzi finds Cody Slate on a seam pattern down the middle with an excellent throw, and another where he finds him on a corner route for a touchdown. Both throws were excellent, and the TD throw was off his back foot, but still on the money.

Those are the two plays I remember thinking "damn good throw, there".

I remember the pass to Slate. My initial reaction was, "Wow".

Bowser
04-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Should have been locked here. People waiting on Stanzi truly enjoy urinating into a fierce north wind.
It's our lot in life as Chiefs fans, apparently. MAYBE PAT BARNES CAN TAKE OVER WHEN GRBAC IS DONE, et al.
Yes, and for good damned reason. No franchise qb since Len Dawson.

EVERYONE should be starved for a good qb.

I do know Matt Cassel ISNT that qb.

The only person that seemingly doesn't know that is the guy making personnel decisions for the Chiefs. For the life of me, I have no clue as to what he sees in Cassel that literally the rest of the world doesn't.

SNR
04-29-2012, 07:47 PM

Those are the two plays I remember thinking "damn good throw, there".I can't remember what game this was in, whether it was the Green Bay preseason game or one of the first wins we got last season (Vikings? Colts?) but Cassel has a gif'd up throw that was pretty good. The problem with it is he had to gallop and take about 6 or 7 steps to get into an broad-legged stance to achieve his windup.

By comparison, I don't think we'll ever see Stanzi leisurely take one of those 4-second preps if he becomes our starter. It's just so totally not necessary.

Remember, Stanzi had a few weeks of coaching sessions out of Tom Martinez, whose big thing was eliminating unnecessary motion and keeping everything compact and efficient.

College efficiency, starts, consecutive years of improvement, bowl wins, quality conference wins, and pro style background in college are the main reasons why people compare Stanzi to Brady. Throw in a brief stint with Martinez (not nearly as long as Brady had him for, but still) and hell... you practically EXPECT him to be the next Brady.

I know all of that means shit, but it shows that it's not totally unfair to point to Brady when people ask what Stanzi could do.

Fruit Ninja
04-29-2012, 07:48 PM
I dont either, everyone see's that Cassel isnt the guy but him. I dont know what he see's positive out of cassel. I think that 27 and 7 season did something to Pioli. That was a huge ass Mirage.

Cassel isnt accurate, he doesnt have a strong arm, He cant make the big play in crunch time. He cant throw a screen pass to save is life. He has shit for pocket presence. Its like what does he see?

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 07:51 PM

We have 3 QBs.

Cassel is a POS.

Quinn has looked less than bad, mostly.

Stanzi is unknown.

There is NOTHING wrong with people hanging their hats on Stanzi if the usual starter is a repeat offender of looking like burnt turds.

What is the other option?

SNR
04-29-2012, 08:00 PM
We have 3 QBs.

Cassel is a POS.

Quinn has looked less than bad, mostly.

Stanzi is unknown.

There is NOTHING wrong with people hanging their hats on Stanzi if the usual starter is a repeat offender of looking like burnt turds.

What is the other option?
We're never going to get our magical 1st round QB. Now THERE'S a mythical beast we should be starting a thread about. And no, Landry fucking Jones doesn't count as a 1st round QB. If Tannehill is crap what the hell do people call Jones?

That's our other option. Bitch the entire year about this franchise's fear and obsession with not drafting a QB in the first round.

Personally, I've done enough of that ever since the Trent Green trade. I'm sick of it. I see a prospect that I really like, and who I think is a fantastic player. I think he could be a great QB in the league. And I arrived at that based on my OWN judgements upon watching him at Iowa and in the preseason.

I'm going to emotionally invest in Stanzi. I'm rooting for the guy. And you know what? The likelihood of my hope coming true is far greater than everybody else's hope of drafting that mythical 1st round QB.

Reerun_KC
04-29-2012, 08:04 PM
a thread over a 5th round qb?

ROFL

Bowser
04-29-2012, 08:05 PM
I dont either, everyone see's that Cassel isnt the guy but him. I dont know what he see's positive out of cassel. I think that 27 and 7 season did something to Pioli. That was a huge ass Mirage.

Cassel isnt accurate, he doesnt have a strong arm, He cant make the big play in crunch time. He cant throw a screen pass to save is life. He has shit for pocket presence. Its like what does he see?

When everything is absolutely perfect around Cassel, he is a great QB. But as soon as there is a touch of pressure or his first read isn't open, you can see him getting happy feet and looking to dump off. Speaking of gifs, someone posted a gif of Cassel hitting an underneath crossing route while the pocket was beginning to collapse while he never noticed the guy breaking to the post (Baldwin?) was wide the fuck open.

In 2010 when he was on that hot streak with Bowe, I'd like to know how many of those passes were hit off of play action. That was also when Charles was on his streak, and nearly broke Jim Brown's season record for yards per carry,and defenses were trying to shut down the run game before the pass game.

O.city
04-29-2012, 08:07 PM
I think the reason of not playing him last year, not dressing him etc, was to try and put that chip on his shoulder that Brady has.

Now, not very many guys have that or care that much about it. It infuriates Brady. Makes him dig that much deeper. The dude really is a special qb.

Will Stanzi ever be that? No not likely.

But there is a chacne I guess.

O.city
04-29-2012, 08:08 PM
When everything is absolutely perfect around Cassel, he is a great QB. But as soon as there is a touch of pressure or his first read isn't open, you can see him getting happy feet and looking to dump off. Speaking of gifs, someone posted a gif of Cassel hitting an underneath crossing route while the pocket was beginning to collapse while he never noticed the guy breaking to the post (Baldwin?) was wide the **** open.

In 2010 when he was on that hot streak with Bowe, I'd like to know how many of those passes were hit off of play action. That was also when Charles was on his streak, and nearly broke Jim Brown's season record for yards per carry,and defenses were trying to shut down the run game before the pass game.

Really, he's not.

Even with a great pocket, he doesn't have the ability to read defenses and accurately put it in the right spot consistently. He can do it from time to time, but not near enough.

stonedstooge
04-29-2012, 08:09 PM
When everything is absolutely perfect around Cassel, he is a great QB. But as soon as there is a touch of pressure or his first read isn't open, you can see him getting happy feet and looking to dump off. Speaking of gifs, someone posted a gif of Cassel hitting an underneath crossing route while the pocket was beginning to collapse while he never noticed the guy breaking to the post (Baldwin?) was wide the **** open.

The other teams were stacking the box trying to stop Charles weren't they?

Strongside
04-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Ah, yes. The Mythical Ricky Stanzi...

http://i.imgur.com/Lavox.jpg

KcMizzou
04-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Ah, yes. The Mythical Ricky Stanzi...

http://i.imgur.com/Lavox.jpgSee, now that just convinced me that he's our man. LMAO

tk13
04-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Sorry, Larry Johnson will always be The Centaur.

Mr. Laz
04-29-2012, 08:25 PM

The real question is why are you so pissed off about someone having hope in an unproven player?

does it bug you? Does it make you angry to think that someone is finding a reason to hope, however unfounded?

Do you sit at home drinking beer, burning with fury about how someone could dare find any reason to think something good could happen?

Strongside
04-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Sorry, Larry Johnson will always be The Centaur.

Stanzi will cut off that sack-o-shit's head with a shark harpoon and feed it to Dontari Poe. Stanzi is all that is man.

DeezNutz
04-29-2012, 08:26 PM
We're never going to get our magical 1st round QB. Now THERE'S a mythical beast we should be starting a thread about. And no, Landry ****ing Jones doesn't count as a 1st round QB. If Tannehill is crap what the hell do people call Jones?

That's our other option. Bitch the entire year about this franchise's fear and obsession with not drafting a QB in the first round.

Personally, I've done enough of that ever since the Trent Green trade. I'm sick of it. I see a prospect that I really like, and who I think is a fantastic player. I think he could be a great QB in the league. And I arrived at that based on my OWN judgements upon watching him at Iowa and in the preseason.

I'm going to emotionally invest in Stanzi. I'm rooting for the guy. And you know what? The likelihood of my hope coming true is far greater than everybody else's hope of drafting that mythical 1st round QB.

He's called a better prospect than Tannehill, and it's not even close. But this is beside the point.

I agree with the general premise offered by Dave and you; there's nothing wrong with linking hope with something tangible and somewhat likely.

Go Stanzi. **** Pioli. Happy New Year.

KcMizzou
04-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Sorry, Larry Johnson will always be The Centaur.Holthus nicknames don't count. He's embarrassing.

morphius
04-29-2012, 08:33 PM
The only reason I want to see him get a shot is that I've seen the 3 out machine that Cassel is, so really, after seeing Palko it really can't go any further backwards. My fear is that the coaches have seen something in him they really don't like as they didn't give him a shot in all those games were Palko was stinking it up. It is one of those things where maybe if he gets a chance he shines, and if not, we know we can move on.

tk13
04-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Holthus nicknames don't count. He's embarrassing.

YOU'RE EMBARRASSING. THE CENTAUR WILL RIP YOUR NECK OFF AND SPIT DOWN YOUR FACE.

TOUCHDOWN! KANSAS CITY! TOUCHDOWN! STANZISAURUS REX WITH THE CONNECTION TO THE WYLIE COYOTE! 28-0 CHIEFS!

Strongside
04-29-2012, 08:34 PM
YOU'RE EMBARRASSING. THE CENTAUR WILL RIP YOUR NECK OFF AND SPIT DOWN YOUR FACE.

TOUCHDOWN! KANSAS CITY! TOUCHDOWN! STANZISAURUS REX WITH THE CONNECTION TO THE WYLIE COYOTE! 28-0 CHIEFS!

God dammit. Don't make me photoshop that shit!

KcMizzou
04-29-2012, 08:36 PM

TOUCHDOWN! KANSAS CITY! TOUCHDOWN! STANZISAURUS REX WITH THE CONNECTION TO THE WYLIE COYOTE! 28-0 CHIEFS!THE HUMAN JOYSTICK!!!

(Wtf? That doesn't even make sense.)

DeezNutz
04-29-2012, 08:38 PM

Mother**** you if I have to hear this shit on a broadcast this upcoming year.

Did you read that, Mitch, you stupid, homer mother****er you? Wylie Coyote is not a legitimate nickname and you and the worthless Chiefs PR pieces of shit who read this site should forget that this proper noun ever occupied a fraction of space in your limited lexicon.

P.S. **** Pioli, that complete waste of space.

|Zach|
04-29-2012, 08:38 PM

:LOL:

Coogs
04-29-2012, 08:39 PM
The only reason I want to see him get a shot is that I've seen the 3 out machine that Cassel is, so really, after seeing Palko it really can't go any further backwards. My fear is that the coaches have seen something in him they really don't like as they didn't give him a shot in all those games were Palko was stinking it up. It is one of those things where maybe if he gets a chance he shines, and if not, we know we can move on.

I think they actually like him. This was from yesterday mornings Star (before the draft started the 4th round)...

No QB for Chiefs?

You already know they haven't drafted one yet. The Chiefs are scheduled to have five picks as the draft concludes today and while Kirk Cousins of Michigan State might be an enticing prospect at this point, Romeo Crennel this morning didn't sound like the Chiefs were in the mood to draft Cousins or any other quarterback.

The Chiefs already have a developmental quarterback in Ricky Stanzi,a fifth-round pick last year.

''We’ll have to feel good about whoever we look at that he’ll have a chance to compete with Stanzi or he has to be better than Stanzi, which might be tough at this point,'' Crennel said.

Read more here: http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/2011#storylink=cpy

KcMizzou
04-29-2012, 08:39 PM
And then... he found the internet, and discovered the HONEY BADGER.

:facepalm:

Phobia
04-29-2012, 08:40 PM
a thread over a 5th round qb?

ROFL
Sometimes we have threads over a 6th round qb who isn't even on our team. Strange.

DeezNutz
04-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Sometimes we have threads over a 6th round qb who isn't even on our team. Strange.

Or a 7th-round QB who is unfortunately on our team because we have the most overpaid GM in the league, fresh off a complete garbage draft.

Strongside
04-29-2012, 08:42 PM
And then... he found the internet, and discovered the HONEY BADGER.

:facepalm:

That dude really does look like a honey badger.

Count Zarth
04-29-2012, 08:46 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/21mclu9.jpg

BossChief
04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Stanzi has only thrown for 300 or more yards once in college and makes stupid decisions early in games.

Other than that, there is nothing to dislike about the kid on or off the field.

aturnis
04-29-2012, 08:57 PM

Go download the tape from last preseason. Stanzi had shit for receivers and blocking. Not to mention that there were a couple games(Green Bay, Baltimore) where the opponents third string was better than our second string.

Watch Stanzi's preseason, all of it, at once. He threw quite a few accurate passes that were flat out dropped. Including one PERFECTLY thrown ball 25yds. down field that hit the guy(Horne? Lawerence?) in the bread basket, and he just drops it. Add into it that he LITERALLY ran for his life as soon as he got possession of the ball and threw plenty of balls away.

Don't forget, his only interception was a quick pass that his the receiver right in the hands didn't snag it, and the defender made a play on the tip drill.

Count Zarth
04-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Stanzi has only thrown for 300 or more yards once in college and makes stupid decisions early in games.

THE DONKS ARE FUCKED NOW, BABY!

http://i48.tinypic.com/289vnk8.jpg

tk13
04-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Go download the tape from last preseason. Stanzi had shit for receivers and blocking. Not to mention that there were a couple games(Green Bay, Baltimore) where the opponents third string was better than our second string.

Watch Stanzi's preseason, all of it, at once. He threw quite a few accurate passes that were flat out dropped. Including one PERFECTLY thrown ball 25yds. down field that hit the guy(Horne? Lawerence?) in the bread basket, and he just drops it. Add into it that he LITERALLY ran for his life as soon as he got possession of the ball and threw plenty of balls away.

Don't forget, his only interception was a quick pass that his the receiver right in the hands didn't snag it, and the defender made a play on the tip drill.

That's because he throws the ball with such violence most mere mortals cannot catch it with two hands. If Pioli was a real GM he would've drafted some WR's with four arms in the draft.

Phobia
04-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Usually Clay's photoshops are entertaining.

BossChief
04-29-2012, 09:12 PM
That's because he throws the ball with such violence most mere mortals cannot catch it with two hands. If Pioli was a real GM he would've drafted some WR's with four arms in the draft.

That's silly.

Three arms would have been more than enough.

4 arms...heh

Urc Burry
04-29-2012, 09:16 PM

Of the few games i've seen, I think it's safe to say he has the "it" factor. One game he threw 5 interceptions through 3 quarters. And still came back and pulled it off

Mr_Tomahawk
04-29-2012, 09:16 PM

This can't be true...I hope it isn't.

If it is, he is on pace to throw for less 300 yards than Cassel. :banghead:

Phobia
04-29-2012, 09:17 PM

If it is, he is on pace to throw for less 300 yards than Cassel. :banghead:

Of course it's true. Iowa is a run first team. Period.

Strongside
04-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Last one for the night...

http://i.imgur.com/o5WUA.jpg

Count Zarth
04-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Usually Clay's photoshops are entertaining.

http://i44.tinypic.com/n4crcy.jpg

Mr_Tomahawk
04-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Of course it's true. Iowa is a run first team. Period.

NOT OKAY.

keg in kc
04-29-2012, 09:23 PM
He's from a relatively nearby school and he's a backup. That makes him instantly popular. Everybody loves a player who hasn't had a chance to fail.

Phobia
04-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Last one for the night...

http://i.imgur.com/o5WUA.jpg

Your work is 1000x better. Can you do gifs?

Count Zarth
04-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Strongside is amazing. If I cared to put in any effort he would still own me.

SNR
04-29-2012, 09:34 PM

If it is, he is on pace to throw for less 300 yards than Cassel. :banghead:Take it easy. In college, he beat out Cassel by one in the 300-yard games category.

SNR
04-29-2012, 09:36 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/n4crcy.jpg

LMAO

tk13
04-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Take it easy. In college, he beat out Cassel by one in the 300-yard games category.

He also threw 31 more interceptions.

SNR
04-29-2012, 09:38 PM
He also threw 31 more interceptions.Right. He's not just the next Tom Brady. He's what you would have if Tom Brady and Brett Favre had a baby and put a football in his hands.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Can he throw the ball over 50 yards without putting too much air under it...and dropping it over his receivers shoulder in-stride?

BossChief
04-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Can he throw the ball over 50 yards without putting too much air under it...and dropping it over his receivers shoulder in-stride?

Shit, he can throw it "over them mountains"

SNR
04-29-2012, 09:49 PM
Who can throw a rainboooow?
Complete it mid-striiide?
Kick Cassel out the door and win a Super Bowl or two?
The Stanzi Man!
The Stanzi Man can!
The Stanzi Man can, 'cause his dick is 12 feet long, he makes the Chiefs loook goooooooood

Bowser
04-29-2012, 10:24 PM
The real question is why are you so pissed off about someone having hope in an unproven player?

does it bug you? Does it make you angry to think that someone is finding a reason to hope, however unfounded?

Do you sit at home drinking beer, burning with fury about how someone could dare find any reason to think something good could happen?

The only person that seems drunk and pissed off is you, Laz, but that's really nothing new, is it?

And I've spent entirely too much time waiting for something good to come out of the few late round QB's we've drafted over the years. We're all still waiting on that front. Hopefully Stanzi can be that guy, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Rausch
04-29-2012, 10:25 PM
I am chest thumped and pumped!

LETS HAVE US SOME ****ING STANZI TIME!1~:cuss:

BigChiefFan
04-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Who can throw a rainboooow?
Complete it mid-striiide?
Kick Cassel out the door and win a Super Bowl or two?
The Stanzi Man!
The Stanzi Man can!
The Stanzi Man can, 'cause his dick is 12 feet long, he makes the Chiefs loook goooooooood

LMAO

SNR
04-29-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm working on some more verses for my "The Stanzi Man" song. Brb.

Count Zarth
04-29-2012, 10:51 PM
AND BE A STAAAAAAAAANZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

KIND OF MAN

And maybe someday you'll score and understand

BABY BE A STANZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

KIND OF MAN

Won't you do this for me Scott?

If you can

niblet
04-29-2012, 11:56 PM
STANZIFEST DESTINY

J Diddy
04-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Stanzi can't swim. Everytime he jumps in, the water runs away.

BossChief
04-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Stanzi throws so hard that even in a downpour the ball stays dry.

KCUnited
04-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Ricki Stanzy to replace Eric Roberts in Best Of The Best 3.

Cornstock
04-30-2012, 07:16 AM
THE HUMAN JOYSTICK!!!

(Wtf? That doesn't even make sense.)

Speaking of that...Eddie "The Human Drumstick" Drummond anyone?

KCUnited
04-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Holtus would've had a heart attack over Isaiah "The Human Centi" Pead.

oldman
04-30-2012, 08:40 AM
I've heard many argue that Satnzi was drafted to be a career backup. Isn't that what we have as a starter now? I'm not saying he's the next Tom Brady, but he needs to get a chance to succeed. Haley never gave him that chance. RAC was trying to get a HC job. Let's see what the kid can do in camp.

ForeverChiefs58
04-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Before even starting, at this stage in both careers, Stanzi already has more highlight videos. Sad really we didn't at least give him a try over Palko.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lh3063BlVuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
04-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Before even starting, at this stage in both careers, Stanzi already has more highlight videos. Sad really we didn't at least give him a try over Palko.

He was never going to play. He was told prior to the season to be prepared for it. It's the Patriot Way.

Detoxing
04-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Ah, Dick Stanzi. KC fans last hope.

tooge
04-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Statistically, yes. Palko and Stanzi are the same QB. And their statistics are both better than Cassel's from this preseason.

In the eye test, the two QBs aren't even comparable. Stanzi is far superior.

there is a huge difference between the two. Palko has been around a number of years in the NFL. He's been through training camps galore, seen different NFL defenses, offseasons, etc., etc, etc.
Stanzi on the other hand, didn't have an NFL offseason, had an abreviated training camp., and was probably given even less snaps than a rookie normally would, because with the lack of an offseason, the starter and second guy were going to need even more.
As far as the preseason, Haley totally tanked that. It's pretty much been established that Haley was a moron with regards to how he ran the preseason. Stanzi didn't even play in the final game and only played sparingly the other three. That is unheard of for a third stringer. Hell, even Casey Printers, Jonathan Quinn, and a slew of wanna bes got more playing time.
Stanzi hasn't gotten a fair shot yet. He will this year. IF he is good in training camp, then he'll get more time in preseason. If he blows in training camp, he might not see as much time in preseason games. Simple as that.
We (as fans) and the team still don't know what they have in Stanzi. There simply isn't any way to know yet. Four months from now, we will. Until then, anything other than "lets give him a chance and see what he has" is an invalid argument.
I hope he has "it", and can develop into a solid NFL starter. If not, I hope he can be a solid NFL backup. We shall see.

buddha
04-30-2012, 10:14 AM

Pretty simple, there are a lot of very vocal Iowa fans on CP who think the sun rises and sets on Stanzi.

He may end up being a terrific starting QB at some point (hopefully soon), but there is nobody who could really know at this point based on what we've seen.

htismaqe
04-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Pretty simple, there are a lot of very vocal Iowa fans on CP who think the sun rises and sets on Stanzi.

He may end up being a terrific starting QB at some point (hopefully soon), but there is nobody who could really know at this point based on what we've seen.

ROFL

Graystoke
04-30-2012, 11:23 AM

Hawkeye fan here and I can assure CP...Stanzi is not our future..
Move on nothing to see here.

but ...he is better then Cassel though.

wazu
04-30-2012, 11:24 AM
At worst, I think he's the best QB we have.

wazu
04-30-2012, 11:25 AM
He was never going to play. He was told prior to the season to be prepared for it. It's the Patriot Way.

Link?

htismaqe
04-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Link?

Stanzi told several former teammates that. Ed Podolak mentioned it on the radio a few months ago (in the dead period between the end of the season and the Hawkeyes bowl game).

ChiefRocka
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Ricki Stanzy to replace Eric Roberts in Best Of The Best 3.

HAHA, this is post of the year for me :evil:

My year only started in Feb though.

BossChief
04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Link?

I also did an install for the wife of someone with direct knowledge of the situation that works for the team that told me the same thing.

It was a management call that had nothing to do with coaching.

She didn't say it was a Pioli call specifically, just a "management call".

I never heard anyone else say it.

philfree
04-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm not a Iowa fan but have been bird hunting up there a couple of times and it was pretty good.

I like Stanzi as a prospect because his resume has alot of things on it that point o him having a chance to make it as an NFL QB. His size is good, he has enough starts, he's won enough games, he's won bowl games, he has an addequate completion%, and he has a natural, easy throwing motion. He also seems like a natural leader.

That was off the top of my head but I'm sure there's another reason or two I'd like to see him get a real chance.

Strongside
04-30-2012, 12:51 PM
I also did an install for the wife of someone with direct knowledge of the situation that works for the team that told me the same thing.

"Stanzilla" FTW.

DeezNutz
04-30-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm not a Iowa fan but have been bird hunting up there a couple of times and it was pretty good.

I like Stanzi as a prospect because his resume has alot of things on it that point o him having a chance to make it as an NFL QB. His size is good, he has enough starts, he's won enough games, he's won bowl games, he has an addequate completion%, and he has a natural, easy throwing motion. He also seems like a natural leader.

That was off the top of my head but I'm sure there's another reason or two I'd like to see him get a real chance.

That's cool that the administration allowed you to bird hunt on campus.

philfree
04-30-2012, 03:04 PM
That's cool that the administration allowed you to bird hunt on campus.

It was an off campus venture.

Extra Point
04-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Stanzi won't get any time but in pre-season. However, I can see him starting next year.

If Pioli lets Stanzi go, he'll be the next Len Dawson for some other NFL team. He's so good, that Pioli will never let him go. Except when he's started for a couple years, and his contract is up.

scott free
04-30-2012, 06:23 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lh3063BlVuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome, the two fades to the opposite corners of the endzone starting at 1:16 are killer.

How bouts we let him throw those to the Killer Bee's.

kysirsoze
04-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Holtus would've had a heart attack over Isaiah "The Human Centi" Pead.

LMAO

Extra Point
05-01-2012, 10:29 AM

2:38-2:50-- Ricky ****ing Stanzi to Tony ****ing Moeaki!

There is no myth, only hope!

Cornstock
05-01-2012, 12:44 PM

We should have drafted Marvin McNutt so we could have U of I south. He's actually pretty good from what I understand...great hands, height and strength. I think the knock on him was his speed, but he's a good route runner.

rico
05-01-2012, 12:52 PM
We should have drafted Marvin McNutt so we could have U of I south. He's actually pretty good from what I understand...great hands, height and strength. I think the knock on him was his speed, but he's a good route runner.

I used to love seeing "Mcnutt All Over Your Faces" t-shirts around.

Rausch
05-01-2012, 02:54 PM
We drafted the guy because we liked what we saw. It's time to see if he can get it done at the NFL level 'cause we know the guy ahead of him can't...

Extra Point
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
This thread made me fart a rainbow.

Pestilence
05-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Well considering this coaching staff makes rookie offensive linemen come off the bench in their first year....instead of starting.....it didn't surprise me that Stanzi never saw the field.

Motherfucker better get more playing time this year though. I'm praying for a Cassel bench/injury.

beach tribe
05-01-2012, 04:59 PM
I cant sell you on him.

If he plays better than Cassel and Quinn he should start.

Pioli would sooner bite off his own clit before starting someone in lieu of his beloved Matt.

He picked Stanzi. So he kinda would get Credit if he has any success.

rico
05-01-2012, 05:02 PM
So..... the mannequin in the "New Jersey Numbers" article on kcchiefs.com was wearing #12 (Stanzi's new number). Are they just trying to doink with us?

HonestChieffan
05-01-2012, 05:02 PM
If all you have to do is be equal to or better than Cassel and you are not.... Well let me introduce you to the mythical Ricky "Secret Weapon" Stanzi.

BossChief
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Well considering this coaching staff makes rookie offensive linemen come off the bench in their first year....instead of starting.....it didn't surprise me that Stanzi never saw the field.

Motherfucker better get more playing time this year though. I'm praying for a Cassel bench/injury.

She was adamant that it wasn't a coaching call at all.

htismaqe
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
She was adamant that it wasn't a coaching call at all.

It wasn't. Just like it's not a coaching decision to sit rookie linemen.

It's an ORGANIZATIONAL philosophy.

DTLB58
05-01-2012, 06:50 PM

Let me explain it to you this way.

1) Cassel Sucks

2) There are a lot of Iowa fans around here who watched him play. (I am not a hawks fan, Cyclone actually, even though I support a change to Stanzi) Anyways, Imagine if you will, there was a Missouri or Kansas QB on the Chiefs roster that in 3 seasons threw 56 TD's over 7,000 yards, just 31 INT's in 907 attempts. Had a 26-9 record as starting QB, started and won all 3 of his Bowl games. Wouldn't fans want him to be just given a "Chance" to see what he could do in the NFL?

DBOSHO
05-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Stanzi made more plays in preseason last year when he wasnt nanosacked than cassel has his whole career here.

O.city
05-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Stanzi= Franchise Savior?

SNR
05-01-2012, 07:35 PM

1) Cassel Sucks

2) There are a lot of Iowa fans around here who watched him play. (I am not a hawks fan, Cyclone actually, even though I support a change to Stanzi) Anyways, Imagine if you will, there was a Missouri or Kansas QB on the Chiefs roster that in 3 seasons threw 56 TD's over 7,000 yards, just 31 INT's in 907 attempts. Had a 26-9 record as starting QB, started and won all 3 of his Bowl games. Wouldn't fans want him to be just given a "Chance" to see what he could do in the NFL?I'm not even an Iowa fan. I just like what I see in him as a QB.

Well, enough to give him a chance, anyway. He's not like Casey Printers or some other schmuck like that.

mlyonsd
05-01-2012, 07:35 PM

1) Cassel Sucks

2) There are a lot of Iowa fans around here who watched him play. (I am not a hawks fan, Cyclone actually, even though I support a change to Stanzi) Anyways, Imagine if you will, there was a Missouri or Kansas QB on the Chiefs roster that in 3 seasons threw 56 TD's over 7,000 yards, just 31 INT's in 907 attempts. Had a 26-9 record as starting QB, started and won all 3 of his Bowl games. Wouldn't fans want him to be just given a "Chance" to see what he could do in the NFL?You forgot he had better stats in the Big Ten than Brady.

You pretty much nailed it. We don't have Manning, Bree's or Rodgers on the roster so why not give him a chance.

Setsuna
05-01-2012, 11:21 PM

Yes it is known to be proven. Nice try though.

rico
05-10-2012, 01:10 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r3RkTHPutMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico
05-10-2012, 01:12 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7mqWAnNhWS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico
05-10-2012, 01:13 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/taGz7UPQXV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico
05-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Had some ups and downs in the 1st game...hard to tell with the lack of protection. Looked mostly bad in the 2nd game, but again... had $hit for protection. Had some shaky moments in the 3rd game, but seemed to progress as the game went on.

saphojunkie
05-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Yes it is known to be proven. Nice try though.

Uh...no, it is not. Poor try, though.

Chiefnj2
05-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Those videos make you wonder if the backup OL ever actually practices blocking.

saphojunkie
05-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Wow, Stanzi looked a lot better than I remember him. Not too much panic in the pocket, although there was some. Good placement as the game went on for sure.

Color me interested.

:hmmm:

vailpass
05-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Would any of you trade Stanzi straight up for Brock Osweiler?

Two-Twenty
05-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Chicken Shit Soup

Chiefnj2
05-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Too bad Palko was so far up Haley's rump. It would have been nice to see Stanzi get some reps with the #1 team in game 4.

SNR
05-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Would any of you trade Stanzi straight up for Brock Osweiler?LMAO

Fuck no. I love Stanzi almost as much as I love America. I don't know what would make me feel worse than trading Stanzi for Osweiler. Probably someone desecrating the American flag.

vailpass
05-10-2012, 01:43 PM
LMAO

**** no. I love Stanzi almost as much as I love America. I don't know what would make me feel worse than trading Stanzi for Osweiler. Probably someone desecrating the American flag.

I like Ricki. He brought me to my feet at least once a game with his patented "WTF are you thinking!!" interceptions but I like him. Wonder if he'll ever get a shot at some meaningful NFL playing minutes.

mcaj22
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
how many guys that Stanzi was playing with in those videos are even on the team right now?

Baldwin? Copper? anyone else? lol

Dante84
05-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Stanzi = Brees?

vailpass
05-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Stanzi = Brees?

Because they are both B1G?

SNR
05-10-2012, 01:55 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7mqWAnNhWS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>LOVE that throw at the 10 second mark to Verran Tucker.

Overall I'm seeing the guts and heart that I've been talking about all year. Would have liked to see him attempt some of those throws where he's forced out of the pocket instead of tucking and running. But hey, he was a goddamn rookie.

Showed pretty solid improvement throughout the games even though the offensive line did not.

Can't wait to watch him this preseason! Thanks rico for posting these!

Detoxing
05-10-2012, 01:58 PM
LOVE that throw at the 10 second mark to Verran Tucker.

Overall I'm seeing the guts and heart that I've been talking about all year. Would have liked to see him attempt some of those throws where he's forced out of the pocket instead of tucking and running. But hey, he was a goddamn rookie.

Showed pretty solid improvement throughout the games even though the offensive line did not.

Can't wait to watch him this preseason! Thanks rico for posting these!

I agree. The dude looks like a gunslinger. He's looking downfield and he's not afraid to cut it loose. While not perfect, you can tell that the raw talent is there. IMO, he looks exactly like the type of player that needs in game experience and a better understanding of where his WR's are going to be.

I think he has the tools to be a good QB in this league.

Chiefnj2
05-10-2012, 01:59 PM
This video proves that Scott Pioli sucks at evaluating OL depth.

SNR
05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
This video proves that Scott Pioli sucks at evaluating OL depth.I'm really afraid of what that means drafting as big of a project guy as Stephenson.

BossChief
05-10-2012, 02:03 PM

Interesting.

I'd be somewhat tempted to consider it, but I think even with homerism aside I'd keep the kid we drafted.

Canofbier
05-10-2012, 02:06 PM
God, I'd forgotten how awful our team was in the preseason and the beginning of the season last year. Those were dark times.

vailpass
05-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Interesting.

I'd be somewhat tempted to consider it, but I think even with homerism aside I'd keep the kid we drafted.

I honestly don't have an opinion one way or the other at this point. I'd like to have Stanzi because I've liked some things about him over the years and because he's a Hawk.

Osweiler has some measurables.

Neither has proven a thing in the NFL.

mikey23545
05-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Anyone who can watch that film clip and not see the difference between Stanzi and Cassell is certifiable.

BossChief
05-10-2012, 02:15 PM
I honestly don't have an opinion one way or the other at this point. I'd like to have Stanzi because I've liked some things about him over the years and because he's a Hawk.

Osweiler has some measurables.

Neither has proven a thing in the NFL.

That's pretty much where I'm at, too.

Like I said, I'd keep Stanzi...a big part of that is because I don't think Cassel is the starter by mid season and I think RS is "more ready" to play if called upon.

Halfcan
05-10-2012, 02:22 PM

He can throw the Pig Skin a quarter mile and knock you off a bike with a t bone steak--oh wait I think that was in a movie? :hmmm:

ummmm "Hey Ricki your so fine you blow my mind HEY RICKI!!!!

His theme song is catchy.

vailpass
05-10-2012, 02:25 PM
That's pretty much where I'm at, too.

Like I said, I'd keep Stanzi...a big part of that is because I don't think Cassel is the starter by mid season and I think RS is "more ready" to play if called upon.

That makes sense. I'd like to see Stanzi get a shot with the first-teamers.

rico
05-10-2012, 02:27 PM
He can throw the Pig Skin a quarter mile and knock you off a bike with a t bone steak--oh wait I think that was in a movie? :hmmm:

ummmm "Hey Ricki your so fine you blow my mind HEY RICKI!!!!

His theme song is catchy.

RICKI?!?!?!

http://www.suckered.us/images/Ricki_Lake.jpg

NO WAY do I want Ricki leading this team.

SNR
05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Interesting.

I'd be somewhat tempted to consider it, but I think even with homerism aside I'd keep the kid we drafted.Osweiler's a big (literally) hit-or-miss prospect. Stanzi had a little more balance coming out of college and has a year's worth of experience in the NFL. Simply, he's more valuable than Osweiler. And if you're in the Chiefs' situation and don't have Peyton Manning as your starting QB, Stanzi BY FAR makes more sense.

Besides, what's Osweiler's ceiling? Big Ben? Hell yeah I'd love to have Big Ben as my starting QB. What's Stanzi's ceiling? Tom Brady. Also pretty damn good.

Both QBs have the same incredibly small chance of achieving their respective ceilings, but Stanzi IS one year into his NFL career. He's got a significant leg up.

Screw homerism being a reason you'd keep him. I think he's just as good as Osweiler as a prospect. It makes no fucking sense whatsoever to draft a developmental QB then chuck him in the garbage after one year and take another guy when the potential payoff isn't all that much better. In fact, it's far more likely that Osweiler is a giant bust based on the steep learning curve he has.

tooge
05-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Had some ups and downs in the 1st game...hard to tell with the lack of protection. Looked mostly bad in the 2nd game, but again... had $hit for protection. Had some shaky moments in the 3rd game, but seemed to progress as the game went on.

I watched the three videos from preseason games one, two, and three. I basically counted the number of times it appeared that Stanzi had even a remote chance to complete a pass because of adequate time without the pocket totally colapsing around him. I figured with that, he was about 15 for 25 with a TD and an INT on a deflection. I think he would have more time with a decent O line. I hope we see the kid at least get a chance.

rico
05-10-2012, 03:55 PM
I watched the three videos from preseason games one, two, and three. I basically counted the number of times it appeared that Stanzi had even a remote chance to complete a pass because of adequate time without the pocket totally colapsing around him. I figured with that, he was about 15 for 25 with a TD and an INT on a deflection. I think he would have more time with a decent O line. I hope we see the kid at least get a chance.

I think it sheds some light on how we actually ended up with a guy like Barry Richardson on our OL. On some of those plays, they are in Stanzi's face literally a second after the ball is snapped.

whoman69
05-10-2012, 04:32 PM

The minute we trade Stanzi he is guaranteed to win at least 2 Super Bowls and be a first ballot HOFer.

mcaj22
05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
id like to see Stanzi with real NFL talent around him not 10 other guys where 8 of them are currently out of league

saphojunkie
05-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Jeez no wonder we drafted Donald Stephenson. Mims is unbelievably bad.

Ace Gunner
05-10-2012, 05:16 PM
if ever there was a "trent green pt II" this is the guy. noodle arm but smart & patient, has some close range accuracy.

but without a stellar OL and a smart tough RB like PH, green was nothing and that's like ricki stanzi was last pre season.

it could work out for him like it did green. maybe not.

BossChief
05-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Osweiler's a big (literally) hit-or-miss prospect. Stanzi had a little more balance coming out of college and has a year's worth of experience in the NFL. Simply, he's more valuable than Osweiler. And if you're in the Chiefs' situation and don't have Peyton Manning as your starting QB, Stanzi BY FAR makes more sense.

Besides, what's Osweiler's ceiling? Big Ben? Hell yeah I'd love to have Big Ben as my starting QB. What's Stanzi's ceiling? Tom Brady. Also pretty damn good.

Both QBs have the same incredibly small chance of achieving their respective ceilings, but Stanzi IS one year into his NFL career. He's got a significant leg up.

Screw homerism being a reason you'd keep him. I think he's just as good as Osweiler as a prospect. It makes no fucking sense whatsoever to draft a developmental QB then chuck him in the garbage after one year and take another guy when the potential payoff isn't all that much better. In fact, it's far more likely that Osweiler is a giant bust based on the steep learning curve he has.I might not have worded it correctly but I was saying that "homerism" had NOTHING to do with my take on the situation.

I said way before the draft that there were only 3 qbs that I felt were better than my boy and I meant it.

Just like I meant it when I said Stanzi was a mid-late second round quality prospect.

I'll ALWAYS believe that Stanzi would have had a similar rookie year to that of Dalton if given the chance. I think they were very similar prospects.

Prior to the draft most draft niks had them in the same tier.

BossChief
05-10-2012, 05:26 PM
if ever there was a "trent green pt II" this is the guy. noodle arm but smart & patient, has some close range accuracy.

but without a stellar OL and a smart tough RB like PH, green was nothing and that's like ricki stanzi was last pre season.

it could work out for him like it did green. maybe not.

:spock:

Stanzi and Green had noodle arms?

BillSelfsTrophycase
05-10-2012, 05:32 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jlU0GQgooWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

boogblaster
05-10-2012, 05:36 PM
green thru one of the best sideline pass routes in the league at that time .. no his arm wasnt a noodle .....

SNR
05-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Prior to the draft most draft niks had them in the same tier.Definitely. And that's going to be the annoying part this entire offseason (as it has been all offseason)- determining why Dalton got the break in the draft and Stanzi fell.

I still think that scouts placed far too much emphasis on the mistakes Stanzi made as a sophomore and junior. Whatever, though. We never will find out why teams soured on him the way we did.

Ace Gunner
05-10-2012, 05:46 PM
jesus christ you ppl are dense. trent green had a weak arm. he wasn't very good. that's why the chargers drafted him in the 10th round and that is why.... holy fuck forget it. stanzi is montana. or elway or whover you fucktards want him to be.

BillSelfsTrophycase
05-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Wut?

Trent Green certainly wasn't elite, but "not very good"?

vailpass
05-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Definitely. And that's going to be the annoying part this entire offseason (as it has been all offseason)- determining why Dalton got the break in the draft and Stanzi fell.

I still think that scouts placed far too much emphasis on the mistakes Stanzi made as a sophomore and junior. Whatever, though. We never will find out why teams soured on him the way we did.

Those mistakes were &%$#@!* maddening though. But I always forgave him for the regular season mistakes once bowl time rolled around.

rico
05-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Definitely. And that's going to be the annoying part this entire offseason (as it has been all offseason)- determining why Dalton got the break in the draft and Stanzi fell.

What teams were rumored to have worked him out or were rumored to have been scouting him heavily? I have heard the Titans, Bengals and Browns worked him out. Were there any others? In 2011, I can't remember off the top of my head who those teams ended up drafting in the rounds leading to Stanzi in #5 (with an exception of the Bengals selecting Dalton and the Titans selecting Locker)... With those teams, I am guessing the Bengals preferred Dalton over Stanzi and the Titans liked Locker a lot. I am guessing that the Browns were still teeter-tottering with Colt Mccoy at the time. Were the 49ers rumored to have scouted Stanzi heavily?

Ace Gunner
05-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Wut?

Trent Green certainly wasn't elite, but "not very good"?

he did not come into the league playing the way you remember him playing. that's where stanzi is now -- coming into the league. both are late late round QB's. if stanzi can get help, he too can become a good QB like green became. maybe. it's really a crap shoot with guys like this.

BossChief
05-10-2012, 06:01 PM
jesus christ you ppl are dense. trent green had a weak arm. he wasn't very good. that's why the chargers drafted him in the 10th round and that is why.... holy fuck forget it. stanzi is montana. or elway or whover you fucktards want him to be.

You may want to have your eyes checked...might as well have a cat scan while you're at it.

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2012, 06:59 PM
God, I'd forgotten how awful our team was in the preseason and the beginning of the season last year. Those were dark times.

Yup that was Todd Haleys fault still to this day posters won't hold him accountable either.

aturnis
05-10-2012, 06:59 PM
:spock:

Stanzi and Green had noodle arms?

Some guys think if you don't GUN the ball down the field like it was show out of a cannon you have a noodle arm. I don't get that line of thinking. If the ball has any arc at all, you have a noodle arm, when in fact, you're giving your receiver a chance to run up under the ball and make a play. Especially, if you are very accurate with that type of ball, like Stanzi or Green.

BossChief
05-10-2012, 07:09 PM
After just a few passes, Milkman (one of the more objective posters of not only the Planet, but of all Chiefs related boards) called Stanzis arm a "plus arm"

It's plenty strong enough to make every throw asked of him with zip and good velocity.

aturnis
05-10-2012, 07:13 PM
he did not come into the league playing the way you remember him playing. that's where stanzi is now -- coming into the league. both are late late round QB's. if stanzi can get help, he too can become a good QB like green became. maybe. it's really a crap shoot with guys like this.

Trent Green's nickname from teammates BEFORE his time in St. Louis was "The Sniper". Don't act as though he wasn't good. Green was one of MANY guys who simply didn't get a fair shake, never got a real shot early on.

Do you ever wonder how many potential HOF QB's never even got a shot b/c they were low round draft picks. Why were they low round draft picks, b/c they played at a small or unsexy/unsuccessful college? Didn't have all world size or speed?

Drew Brees is the exception in more ways than just being a small QB. He's a small QB who actually got a shot. Most don't. Will Kellen Moore?

aturnis
05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Yup that was Todd Haleys fault still to this day posters won't hold him accountable either.

The players on that field in this video, especially the OL, are not Haley's fault. Luke Patterson and these other schmucks were picked up by Pioli. The talent on the other teams 2nd/3rd string were more often than not far superior to what the Chiefs fielded. Hell, on of Stanzi's starting tackles was a converted Dlineman. He just started playing tackle THAT training camp, in a shortened offseason, who was it? Bobby Greenwood?

I can't blame it all on Pioli. If you watch UDFA signings every year around the league, certain teams clean up, like Baltimore. It makes no sense though, these players go to teams that are STACKED at their particular position, and might never truly get a shot playing for that team. I know coaching has a lot to do with it, like Greenbay with WR's and Baltimore with LBers, but damn, you'd think players would want to go to a team THIN at their position. So they might get a chance at more playing time...

aturnis
05-10-2012, 07:28 PM
After just a few passes, Milkman (one of the more objective posters of not only the Planet, but of all Chiefs related boards) called Stanzis arm a "plus arm"

It's plenty strong enough to make every throw asked of him with zip and good velocity.

Actually, one of his knocks, even by some of my fellow Iowa fan buddies, was that he can't throw the 10yd out. Not only did he do it regularly at Iowa, but in the second video, he nails Mark Zuckehreshkjhdfsg on one perfectly. There are one or two more in the video, but the WR's flat out dropped them...

Chocolate Hog
05-10-2012, 08:46 PM
The players on that field in this video, especially the OL, are not Haley's fault. Luke Patterson and these other schmucks were picked up by Pioli. The talent on the other teams 2nd/3rd string were more often than not far superior to what the Chiefs fielded. Hell, on of Stanzi's starting tackles was a converted Dlineman. He just started playing tackle THAT training camp, in a shortened offseason, who was it? Bobby Greenwood?

I can't blame it all on Pioli. If you watch UDFA signings every year around the league, certain teams clean up, like Baltimore. It makes no sense though, these players go to teams that are STACKED at their particular position, and might never truly get a shot playing for that team. I know coaching has a lot to do with it, like Greenbay with WR's and Baltimore with LBers, but damn, you'd think players would want to go to a team THIN at their position. So they might get a chance at more playing time...

NONE of these guys looked prepared whatsoever. They looked the same a month later too.

BossChief
05-10-2012, 09:19 PM
That chicken salad was pretty good.