PDA

View Full Version : Life Sigh. Second ruptured extensor tendon in 3 years...

cdcox
04-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Otherwise known as mallet finger.

First time was a pick up basket ball game. Ignored it for several days until I realized it wasn't getting better. Splinted it for six weeks and still no better. Went through surgery. Did not get a satisfactory outcome. Can't make a fist and have lost at least 30% of my grip in my dominant hand.

Today it was kickball. Freaking kickball. I have it in a splint, and I'm hoping the prompt attention will make a difference this time. Don't really want to go the surgery route given the crappy outcome last time. But I've realized that my tendons just aren't robust. I'm officially retired from any kind of sports where you catch a ball with your hands.

Getting old sucks, the only thing worse is the alternative.

Pawnmower
04-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Omg dude..weak. Sorry man....

Try Jerry Rice's method of ice/hot/ice/hot etc......

Best of luck.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Can you still throw a football?

Count Zarth
04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
It's all those pimp slaps you delivered on Cassel. They take their toll.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Insert Obligatory chronic masturbation joke.

cdcox
04-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Can you still throw a football?

Only 69 yards, post injury.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-30-2012, 06:13 PM
At least the 4.3 40 is still in play as well.

cdcox
04-30-2012, 06:15 PM
At least the 4.3 40 is still in play as well.

Yeah, legs are still prime.

Thig Lyfe
04-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Fuck, this is gonna really ruin my fantasy corporate kickball team.

Count Zarth
04-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Cdbrokecox

Fritz88
04-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
04-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Sucks, man. Here's to a fast heal and recovery.

Just stick with tetherball from now on, ok? ;)

Dayze
04-30-2012, 07:33 PM

First time was a pick up basket ball game. Ignored it for several days until I realized it wasn't getting better. Splinted it for six weeks and still no better. Went through surgery. Did not get a satisfactory outcome. Can't make a fist and have lost at least 30% of my grip in my dominant hand.

Today it was kickball. Freaking kickball. I have it in a splint, and I'm hoping the prompt attention will make a difference this time. Don't really want to go the surgery route given the crappy outcome last time. But I've realized that my tendons just aren't robust. I'm officially retired from any kind of sports where you catch a ball with your hands.

1) Fleshlight
2) ...that's what she said.

BigRichard
04-30-2012, 08:52 PM

Croyle? Is that you?

Psyko Tek
04-30-2012, 08:57 PM

CAN YOU STILL FLIP PEOPLE OFF

cdcox
04-30-2012, 09:02 PM
CAN YOU STILL FLIP PEOPLE OFF

Yeah, as long as the splint is on.

notorious
04-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Shocker.

Is it still possible?

cdcox
04-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Shocker.

Is it still possible?

Been married 28 years. What do you think?

Munson
04-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Croyle? Is that you?

Dammit! I was gonna make a Croyle joke, but you beat me to it.

notorious
04-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Been married 28 years. What do you think?

Touche.

....ROFL

Simply Red
04-30-2012, 09:39 PM
you should stay home and chillax seedy, there's chopped on every night now, on the Food Network.