PDA

View Full Version : Poop Rant: AT&T's billing Dept can lick my taint!

chasedude
05-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Last month I got a new phone. Woohoo, my first Android. Anyways.. Old contract, extinct. New one much more expensive. Add on the $$ charge for an upgrade fee? Upgrade fee? Bullshit fee to me, damn shysters.

So I've been curious how huge this rape will be. I check my online account today and it shows a new balance. Wowsers, double my last bill. I go to look for my in invoice to explain these charges so I can make sure everything is correct, it's not there.

I call support, there is an invoice but it's not available for me to see. The Tech can see it on his system. So I ask why I'm not seeing it online? I get told it could be up to a week sometimes before I will get it. WTF? In this digital world we live vicariously through, what reasoning can explain this? Snail mail outruns this one.

I think the balance and invoice should be posted at the same time. This is ridiculous accounting practices! You're asking me for money? Well you better be backing it up NOW, not a week later.

Kiss my ass AT&T :cuss:

/rant

Dartgod
05-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Q

Garcia Bronco
05-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Last month I got a new phone. Woohoo, my first Android. Anyways.. Old contract, extinct. New one much more expensive. Add on the $$ charge for an upgrade fee? Upgrade fee? Bullshit fee to me, damn shysters.

So I've been curious how huge this rape will be. I check my online account today and it shows a new balance. Wowsers, double my last bill. I go to look for my in invoice to explain these charges so I can make sure everything is correct, it's not there.

I call support, there is an invoice but it's not available for me to see. The Tech can see it on his system. So I ask why I'm not seeing it online? I get told it could be up to a week sometimes before I will get it. WTF? In this digital world we live vicariously through, what reasoning can explain this? Snail mail outruns this one.

I think the balance and invoice should be posted at the same time. This is ridiculous accounting practices! You're asking me for money? Well you better be backing it up NOW, not a week later.

Kiss my ass AT&T :cuss:

/rant

Honestly...it could be a shitty backend AS400 that does batch jobs once or twice a week.

Stewie
05-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Cricket is my cell phone provider. I left those other companies behind because of this sort of BS.

chasedude
05-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Q

Assraped from AT&T will never be Q'd enough

Munson
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Should've gone with Verizon or Sprint.

Demonpenz
05-02-2012, 01:55 PM
They will wave the upgrade fee if you bitch enough.

chasedude
05-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Honestly...it could be a shitty backend AS400 that does batch jobs once or twice a week.

There's probably still COBOL programmers on the payroll too.

The whole lot of them can all go die in a fire.

KCUnited
05-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Don't let them cell you short.

chasedude
05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Should've gone with Verizon or Sprint.

AT&T has been fine for me up to this point. Last contract I was under, never a problem.

This invoice bullshit chapped my hide.

Frazod
05-02-2012, 02:03 PM
They all suck, and decent customer service is as dead as 8-tracks. I hated Verizon, I hated Sprint, and now I hate AT&T. Cell phone doesn't work worth a crap in downtown Chicago, and at home I'm stuck with fucking DSL and my internet goes out every time I get a fucking phone call. Only alternative is to go back to Comcast, which has customer service so bad it makes the rest of them look caring and attentive.

:cuss:

Bump
05-02-2012, 03:09 PM
ya, I'm considering dropping my cell altogether because of the ridiculous rates and fees and go back to ancient times of owning a lan line, only. It would also be nice to not have to be available 24/7

morphius
05-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I think the big 3 all have a nice feature that when you upgrade your phone (free or otherwise) you get the honor of paying them $35 for it. I see a lot more jumping between companies in the near future.

listopencil
05-02-2012, 04:00 PM
They all suck, and decent customer service is as dead as 8-tracks. I hated Verizon, I hated Sprint, and now I hate AT&T. Cell phone doesn't work worth a crap in downtown Chicago, and at home I'm stuck with ****ing DSL and my internet goes out every time I get a ****ing phone call. Only alternative is to go back to Comcast, which has customer service so bad it makes the rest of them look caring and attentive.

:cuss:

Have you tried replacing the inline filter at the jack?

Frazod
05-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Have you tried replacing the inline filter at the jack?

They all have filters. I don't know what the problem is. I don't get many calls on the land line - basically just marketing calls from companies I have accounts with. I don't give my home number to anybody else. I keep hoping they'll eventually offer true high speed service at some point, but it's still not available in my neighborhood EXCEPT through Comcast, and I'd sooner root for Denver and Kansas than use those pricks again.

listopencil
05-02-2012, 04:11 PM
They all have filters. I don't know what the problem is. I don't get many calls on the land line - basically just marketing calls from companies I have accounts with. I don't give my home number to anybody else. I keep hoping they'll eventually offer true high speed service at some point, but it's still not available in my neighborhood EXCEPT through Comcast, and I'd sooner root for Denver and Kansas than use those pricks again.

My filters go bad fairly quickly. I'd say replace it first if it's more than six months old. ATT has some of the shittiest equipment (along with their shitty customer service) that I have ever seen. I actually have had better longevity with stuff from a local thrift store.

Frazod
05-02-2012, 04:12 PM
My filters go bad fairly quickly. I'd say replace it first if it's more than six months old. ATT has some of the shittiest equipment (along with their shitty customer service) that I have ever seen. I actually have had better longevity with stuff from a local thrift store.

I'll try that. My filters are several years old.

Any recommendations on what type to get?

Just Passin' By
05-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Assraped from AT&T will never be Q'd enough

Did you go from an old-style phone to the smart phone? If so, the data plan alone will be a big price hike (minimum $40 extra around here), and that seems pretty standard.

Guru
05-02-2012, 04:20 PM

Hell, I have been using the same DSL filters for nearly 6 years and never had a problem.

DumbHillbillies
05-02-2012, 04:22 PM
really

Frosty
05-02-2012, 04:23 PM

I have CenturyLink DSL. After about a month after I started with them, they came and took off all of the individual filters and put a single filter where the line comes into the house. All of the glitchy things disappeared and everything has worked fine since.

listopencil
05-02-2012, 04:27 PM
I'll try that. My filters are several years old.

Any recommendations on what type to get?

I'd go with just about anything other than the ones that ATT provides. I have had a lot of luck stopping by a local thrift store and picking up no name brands. They'll have bags of them sometimes, and they are dirt cheap. The repair techs that come out will sometimes have a more heavy duty filter that they will let you have, those are useful if you have a lot of humidity in your area. I think that's the one I have on mine right now but it's behind a loaded desk and I can't see the brand name.

listopencil
05-02-2012, 04:28 PM
I have CenturyLink DSL. After about a month after I started with them, they came and took off all of the individual filters and put a single filter where the line comes into the house. All of the glitchy things disappeared and everything has worked fine since.

Yeah, seems like that would work well. The last time I had a guy out here he told me that I didn't have an option like that.

listopencil
05-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Hell, I have been using the same DSL filters for nearly 6 years and never had a problem.

Cool. I heard that there was a firehouse in Indiana that's been using the same light bulb for sixty two years.

Guru
05-02-2012, 04:32 PM
I'd go with just about anything other than the ones that ATT provides. I have had a lot of luck stopping by a local thrift store and picking up no name brands. They'll have bags of them sometimes, and they are dirt cheap. The repair techs that come out will sometimes have a more heavy duty filter that they will let you have, those are useful if you have a lot of humidity in your area. I think that's the one I have on mine right now but it's behind a loaded desk and I can't see the brand name.

Mine are ATT filters.

Guru
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Cool. I heard that there was a firehouse in Indiana that's been using the same light bulb for sixty two years.

probably uses too much energy. Haven't they heard about the required switch to CFL yet?

listopencil
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Mine are ATT filters.

I'd say you got lucky then.

listopencil
05-02-2012, 04:34 PM
probably uses too much energy. Haven't they heard about the required switch to CFL yet?

The bulb was grandfathered in.

Guru
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
I'd say you got lucky then.I'm a lucky guy!!!! Well, except for being a fan of the Chiefs.

The bulb was grandfathered in.

ROFL

chasedude
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Did you go from an old-style phone to the smart phone? If so, the data plan alone will be a big price hike (minimum $40 extra around here), and that seems pretty standard.

Yeah I went from a voice/text phone to a smartphone, $20 monthly increase.

Guru
05-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah I went from a voice/text phone to a smartphone, $20 monthly increase.

That is one thing I will never do with a cell phone. I will never take on a $70+ bill for a single phone.

listopencil
05-02-2012, 04:46 PM
That is one thing I will never do with a cell phone. I will never take on a $70+ bill for a single phone.

Yeah. That is just crazy to me, but maybe it's my lifestyle. I'm happy with a phone that just works as a phone. Being able to do a few web related things is a nice bonus. I have a Kindle that I can carry around when I am going to be away from home, I have a laptop for convenience around the house.

Frazod
05-02-2012, 04:47 PM

Guru's got socks that old.

Hey, they still work!

chasedude
05-02-2012, 04:48 PM

I enjoy the perks so I'll pay. I'm just pissed about the $36 upgrade fee and yet it takes 5-10 days (AT&T Rep emailed me that time frame) to get a damn invoice?

I've been emailing them like crazy since I created this thread. It's always a new Rep emailing with the same BS. "It's how our system works"

Yeah? well go shove your system where the sun don't shine.

I've been using calm language in the emails, just using my chance to vent here.

Guru
05-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Guru's got socks that old.

Hey, they still work!

Who gives a shit if they are yellowing now.

chasedude
05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Who gives a shit if they are yellowing now.

When they start standing in the corner by themselves, then you've got problems. LMAO

Guru
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
When they start standing in the corner by themselves, then you've got problems. LMAO

Not when they start moving by themselves?

listopencil
05-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I never throw away socks. Mine just eventually disintegrate in the laundry and I go buy more.

chasedude
05-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Not when they start moving by themselves?

How you think they got to the corner? :eek:

Frazod
05-02-2012, 05:00 PM
I never throw away socks. Mine just eventually disintegrate in the laundry and I go buy more.

You and Guru should open your wallets together and compare dust clouds. LMAO

Guru
05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
How you think they got to the corner? :eek:

That was my point.

Guru
05-02-2012, 05:05 PM

Hey now!!! You know I'm not cheap. I'm just patient. :)

chasedude
05-02-2012, 05:11 PM
That was my point.

My original thought as well, guess I didn't express it quite right.

Anyway get rid of those socks before they inherit an evil A.I. and start destroying your good socks out of complete jealousy.

boogblaster
05-02-2012, 06:43 PM
yup .....

listopencil
05-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Fuck that. I don't open my wallet.

Guru
05-02-2012, 06:59 PM
**** that. I don't open my wallet.

LMAO

Frazod