PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Black Widow getting her own movie.

Buck
05-05-2012, 05:56 PM
I've never heard of this site before, so I can't vouch for how legit this is, but I don't think they'd make it up.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00050291.html

After producer Kevin Feige confirmed that a standalone film for Black Widow has already been prepared post-"The Avengers", lead actress Scarlett Johansson revealed some tidbits about the plot of the spin-off movie. The 27-year-old actress hinted that the film will be more of a prequel that focuses on the gun-wielding hero's origin.

"I love her origin story. I think it's just such a riveting one...," she said during a recent interview to promote "Avengers". She added, "It's just steeped in history and the richness to shoot in Russia, perhaps... I hope that the fans' voice is loud enough and they want to see a Widow origin story, I know Marvel would be happy to entertain that. We've spoken a lot about it."

Johansson also dished on what the difference is between playing Natasha Romanoff in "Iron Man 2" and "Avengers". She explained, "[In Avengers] you see a little bit about how Natasha joined and it's not that she's fighting for the greater good of humanity. She was almost salvaged by S.H.I.E.L.D. and so she's loyal to that group, to that agency, but only as sort of paid debt."

Feige previously confirmed a Black Widow film to Movieline, "We have already planned her next appearance and where to take the character because we believe in it and we believe in her in a big, big way. When will there be a standalone? Both is what we're heading toward."

Fire Me Boy!
05-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I would watch Scarlett walk around on set in spandex all day long.

KcMizzou
05-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I would watch Scarlett walk around on set in spandex all day long.Agreed.

Jawshco
05-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I can't imagine a complete stand alone movie, but a Hawkeye and Widow movie might make sense. It would awesome if her movie could cross paths with Winter Soilder as well.

Pitt Gorilla
05-05-2012, 08:42 PM
I can't imagine a complete stand alone movie, but a Hawkeye and Widow movie might make sense. It would awesome if her movie could cross paths with Winter Soilder as well.Hawkeye was the least interesting character in the film.

Mr. Laz
05-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Hawkeye was the least interesting character in the film.
yea, but Black Widow and Hawkeye have an entire story line of their own.

It could work but it's probably not going to be a typical blockbuster Hero type movie.

Buck
05-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Should be better than Catwoman and that Jennifer Garner one.

Pestilence
05-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Should be better than Catwoman and that Jennifer Garner one.

Because that's tough.

Aries Walker
05-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Hawkeye was the least interesting character in the film.. . . which is why he would benefit from having their own movie.

It would be a different kind of film, more like a spy/espionage thriller, I would think, probably with a romance between them (which actually fits with their comic origins). Neither of them have super-powers, so it would be less flashy, and it would be the only one of all of these movies that would be a flashback, so they'd have those hurdles to overcome. This is the only place I've seen it mentioned, though, so Feige may have just been talking hypothetically.

Buck
05-05-2012, 09:07 PM
This is a spoiler if you haven't seen The Avengers yet.

I think they mentioned her origins of being a very bad person, and even killing innocent people. I could see it being very cool how she was pursued by S.H.I.E.L.D. Hopefully they show all the bad shit she did, and what it was that turned her good.

BCD
05-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Tits orhttp://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/internet-memes-seor-gif-gtfo.gif

Guru
05-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Tits orhttp://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/internet-memes-seor-gif-gtfo.gif

LMAO

whoman69
05-06-2012, 12:04 AM
There were plans for an Ant Man movie but they moved ahead the Avengers schedule and never did it. Still on IMDB but I doubt that one ever sees the light of day.

Fish
05-06-2012, 12:55 AM

One of my favorite parts of the movie. Very comic book like the way they did it. If I hadn't seen the movie, I'd be mad that you posted this though.

Sucky
05-06-2012, 03:42 AM
It better be hard R where she's nude a lot or else I'm not seeing this shit

Aries Walker
05-06-2012, 04:57 AM
One of my favorite parts of the movie. Very comic book like the way they did it. If I hadn't seen the movie, I'd be mad that you posted this though.
Yeah, me too. It's a little early to be posting spoiler GIFs.

As for Ant-Man, I think it's still on the table. I can't imagine that it would be a big budget summer epic; probably more like a smaller niche film like Daredevil or Ghost Rider were. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out the same year as Avengers 2 and they had a tie-in.

JD10367
05-06-2012, 08:55 PM
I think a movie would only fly if it had both her and Renner in it. The studio would need that for the star power. Plus, both of their origin stories can probably be wrapped into one film; after all, they're just human. It could be a very well-done espionage/spy/action film, and it would be interesting because it would attract that crows (the Bourne/MI types) and it would also pull some comic-book people. Especially because, once they started seriously thinking about it, I'm sure they could find some way to work a few extraneous superheroes into the backstory.