PDA

View Full Version : Video Games tera online

Valiant
05-09-2012, 08:51 AM
tera.enmasse.com

For those bored with starwars and wow.

Game runs on the unreal 3 engine, best looking mmo I have played.

Action mmo, what you do, you do.

Have to aim your hits and be in range. Aka like street fighter. You can chain combos.
I have only played melee.

There is no running through enemies, they have a physical presence.

Range have to keep aiming at the target or they will miss.

You actually have to run away, dodge or block attacks so they do not hit you. You get bonuses for not taking damage.

There is only one faction with the different races, pvp is world if you activate it so you can freely kill anyone and guild vs guild. Basically declare war.

My computer is 07 and runs it fine. Best looking game I have played for an mmo even on lowest ettings.

Check it out if you want something different.

patteeu
05-09-2012, 10:01 AM
www.tera.enmasse.com

Have to aim your hits and be in range. Aka like street fighter. You can chain combos.

You actually have to run away, dodge or block attacks so they do not hit you. You get bonuses for not taking damage.

There is only one faction with the different races, pvp is world if you activate it so you can freely kill anyone and guild vs guild. Basically declare war.

My computer is 07 and runs it fine. Best looking game I have played for an mmo even on lowest ettings.

No "www"

kaplin42
05-09-2012, 10:22 AM
www.tera.enmasse.com

My buddy is playing this right now. Says it's boring in the fact that it's the same old MMO "Fedx, kill 10 rats, collect 10 flowers" kind of crap. He does say the graphics are awesome, and the action combat is a lot of fun. You can't space on playing the game at all or you'll die.

My thing is, with this style of combat, which seems awesome, raiding would be next to impossible. There is too much going on to assume that you could keep 8,10, 12, 16, 20 people focused long enough to get the job done.

Setsuna
05-09-2012, 01:08 PM
I thought there weren't quests, just events.

Valiant
05-09-2012, 01:38 PM
My buddy is playing this right now. Says it's boring in the fact that it's the same old MMO "Fedx, kill 10 rats, collect 10 flowers" kind of crap. He does say the graphics are awesome, and the action combat is a lot of fun. You can't space on playing the game at all or you'll die.

My thing is, with this style of combat, which seems awesome, raiding would be next to impossible. There is too much going on to assume that you could keep 8,10, 12, 16, 20 people focused long enough to get the job done.

Every mmo will have that type of quest of kill 5x. Main quest is following the storyline. There are side quests or events.

The whole niche of the game is the unique style of combat. Your actions matter. You can't run thru mobs. My lone boss encounter was awesome. But I am lvl 12, no idea what raids will be like. But that is the difference between raiders and casuals, focus and ability.
Raiding will be fun, like in real life, physical presence matters, it will make it harder.

The pvp is a blast from what I did.

Only thing I do not like is there is no good guide out. Took me an hour trying to figure out how to disenchant/extract gear.

Would not surprise me to see blizzard copy the combat system, it is the next evolution in mmorpgs..

Valiant
05-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I thought there weren't quests, just events.

Maybe at a higher level? Took me 6+ hours to get to lvl 12 with questing.

Leveling reminds me of daoc and vanilla wow.

durtyrute
05-09-2012, 03:38 PM
I thought this was about Tera Patrick........dammit, foiled again

Valiant
05-09-2012, 04:22 PM
I thought this was about Tera Patrick........dammit, foiled again

Well, you can get pretty close to that naked in game sadly.. This is about the most clothed picture I could find..

http://tera-europe.com/uploads/media/21_1024x768.jpg
http://tera-europe.com/uploads/media/21_1024x768.jpg

Valiant
05-09-2012, 04:29 PM
In game graphics, not mine.. Though mine look close..
http://www.onlinemassivelymultiplayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/TeraOnlineBeta.jpg
First boss you fight
http://i.imgur.com/4hHEa.jpg
Fighting
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EZfaobPvjoI/TVm9jtIh_SI/AAAAAAAACRk/4BcFqUXsnxk/s1600/tera+online+pic-271.jpg

Setsuna
05-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't have the spare coin to get into a new game. I'll probably get GW2.

listopencil
05-09-2012, 10:58 PM
I clicked on the link. The page is full of apologies and excuses about how poorly they handled their launch.

Valiant
05-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Yeah the launch was a pain. But to be expected with a 50gig download.

Setsuna
05-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah the launch was a pain. But to be expected with a 50gig download.

A what what? That is a 2 day ordeal.

Valiant
05-11-2012, 09:32 AM
A what what? That is a 2 day ordeal.

I bought the phyiscal copy, and spent 3-4 various hours trying to get it to load. No success, dvd were made with a looping error in them.

So the next day I had to download it. Took 6 hours.

Other then there being no real guide for the crafting or fighting it has been an amazingly fun game.

Saulbadguy
05-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Every mmo will have that type of quest of kill 5x. Main quest is following the storyline. There are side quests or events.

We didn't have that bullshit in Ultima Online. It was straight fucking ganking, 24/7.