PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV NBC cans 30 Rock, Community, and Parks and Rec

Buck
05-09-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/nbc-final-shortened-seasons-30-rock-community-parks-recreation-article-1.1074555?fb_ref=s%3DshowShareBarUI%3Ap%3Dfacebook-like&fb_source=home_oneline

Fish
05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
The fuck?

Buck
05-09-2012, 04:27 PM
The fuck?

Glad you and I are on the same page.

DJ's left nut
05-09-2012, 04:29 PM
And yet The Office lives?

No wonder NBC sucks. It's run by idiots.

chiefs1111
05-09-2012, 04:35 PM
screw you NBC screw you

Buck
05-09-2012, 04:37 PM
NBC is the new CBS. CBS is also still CBS.

inb4 someone tells me the shows on CBS are funny.

Munson
05-09-2012, 04:38 PM
30 Rock and Parks & Rec were the only good things about NBC.

Guru
05-09-2012, 04:40 PM
good. less crap to record for my wife now.

Buck
05-09-2012, 04:42 PM
It says they'll all get shortened final seasons. I'm guessing 13 for 30 Rock and Parks. Probably 6 for Community.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2012, 05:02 PM
NBC is the new CBS. CBS is also still CBS.

inb4 someone tells me the shows on CBS are funny.

number 1 watched network on TV, they are doing something right.

|Zach|
05-09-2012, 05:05 PM

They are McDonalds.

keg in kc
05-09-2012, 05:07 PM
I watch a handful of dramas on CBS (Hawaii Five-0, NCIS, Person of Interest) but I think their sitcoms are awful. Which doesn't keep millions from watching them.

NBC, on the other hand, always has shows that I like, but can't ever find an audience.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2012, 05:08 PM
They are McDonalds.

Thats not a bad thing if your in the business of making money.

Well, i do like a few of their shows, How I met your Mother, well, the first 5 seasons, and Persons of Interest, is actually a bad ass show. ooh and Survivor. thats my CBS shows.

Guru
05-09-2012, 05:10 PM

I like the two NCIS shows, Big Bang, Mother and CSI that is it. CSI wasn't in that after Grissom left but this year has been surprisingly good as they got back to what made the show good. Less emo BS.

Bump
05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
30 Rock and Parks & Rec were the only good things about NBC.

yeah

what a bunch of idiots. Now there is literally nothing good on network TV. Okay, Jimmy Fallon is ok, but I can't think of anything else.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I like the two NCIS shows, Big Bang, Mother and CSI that is it. CSI wasn't in that after Grissom left but this year has been surprisingly good as they got back to what made the show good. Less emo BS.

ooh yeah, big bang, thats a good one for me too.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2012, 05:13 PM
And yet The Office lives?

No wonder NBC sucks. It's run by idiots.

So, they are supposed to keep TV shows on that arent profitable? how is that being an idiot? There were shows on TV that i thought were really damned good, but didnt get the ratings. I understand that the old saying of , if it dont make dollars it dont make sense applies here.

Ive learned from shows like Traveler and Journeymen.

|Zach|
05-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Thats not a bad thing if your in the business of making money.

Well, i do like a few of their shows, How I met your Mother, well, the first 5 seasons, and Persons of Interest, is actually a bad ass show. ooh and Survivor. thats my CBS shows.

Yea, thats fine.

Just saying its shit.

|Zach|
05-09-2012, 05:14 PM
ooh yeah, big bang, thats a good one for me too.

Horrible.

Guru
05-09-2012, 05:15 PM
So, they are supposed to keep TV shows on that arent profitable? how is that being an idiot? There were shows on TV that i thought were really damned good, but didnt get the ratings. I understand that the old saying of , if it dont make dollars it dont make sense applies here.

Ive learned from shows like Traveler and Journeymen.

Outside of Chuck, I have avoided NBC shows like the plague since they have ADD. NBC doesn't stick with anything.

keg in kc
05-09-2012, 05:17 PM
There have been a few recent shows outside of the sitcoms. Prime Suspect was good, and Awake is good, but neither of them could draw viewers in that time slot. Chuck was good, and obviously always had viewership problems. Grimm is good, and I think it's actually gotten a second season.

The problem isn't NBC. The problem is people not watching NBC. That's ultimately what determines what stays on the air.

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 05:20 PM
P&R is cancelled?

Fuck you NBC!

Guru
05-09-2012, 05:22 PM
There have been a few recent shows outside of the sitcoms. Prime Suspect was good, and Awake is good, but neither of them could draw viewers in that time slot. Chuck was good, and obviously always had viewership problems. Grimm is good, and I think it's actually gotten a second season.

The problem isn't NBC. The problem is people not watching NBC. That's ultimately what determines what stays on the air.

People aren't watching NBC for a reason so that makes NBC the problem.

Count Alex's Losses
05-09-2012, 05:23 PM
30 rock is one of the dumbest, unfunniest shows i've ever seen.

It's like 30 minutes of the worst SNL shit.

Guru
05-09-2012, 05:28 PM
30 rock is one of the dumbest, unfunniest shows i've ever seen.

It's like 30 minutes of the worst SNL shit.

Hell, all the NBC comedies suck ass. I've tried them all and just plain don't enjoy them. Nothing like watching morons run a company. Heh, guess that is how NBC runs theirs.

ABC Wednesday is my comedy night.

Deberg_1990
05-09-2012, 05:35 PM

Im inclined to agree with you. All these sitcoms were well liked by critics and a small loyal audience. Alot of the problem is small viewership for network TV as a whole anymore. The audience is so fractured with so many more TV channels and entertainment options available than years ago. Plus i really question how accurate the antiquated Nielson system is anymore?

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 05:37 PM
ABC Wednesday is my comedy night.

Modern Family is awesome.

I love P&R. I'm surprised The Office didn't get the ax.
Its been running on fumes for awhile.

KcMizzou
05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Community was always good, occasionally brilliant. I'll miss it and P&R.

Deberg_1990
05-09-2012, 05:43 PM
IM not going to do the research but i would guess the top rated shows on Network TV today only get about half the audience of the top rated shows from 20-30 years ago.

Direckshun
05-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Were they getting poor ratings?

I thought 30 Rock and P&R were still churning out great material.

Community was once my favorite show, but it ran out of steam this season -- I think it's past its apex.

Community did, at least, give me one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen:

http://vimeo.com/24954002

Brock
05-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Jesus fuck. NBC sucks.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Horrible.

Not for me, and in the end, for me, thats all that matters.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Were they getting poor ratings?

I thought 30 Rock and P&R were still churning out great material.

Community was once my favorite show, but it ran out of steam this season -- I think it's past its apex.

Community did, at least, give me one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen:

http://vimeo.com/24954002Almost all NBC shows get bad ratings beside the Voice.

Brock
05-09-2012, 06:00 PM
NBC did confirm Tuesday that it has picked up a number of new sitcoms, including Matthew Perry's "Go On," Anne Heche's "Save Me," Ryan Murphy's "The New Normal," Bill Pullman's "1600 Penn" and Justin Kirk's "Animal Practice."

LMAO

|Zach|
05-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Not for me, and in the end, for me, thats all that matters.

That pi/pie joke is a reeeeeal knee slapper.

Jamie
05-09-2012, 06:29 PM
I sort of get the logic of this. Since the shows will be back next year it blunts the backlash against the cancellation, and if the new shows do worse you can always un-cancel the old ones (at least P&R and Community, I think 30 Rock is done either way).

Also I don't think most people realize how much the ratings for broadcast TV have eroded. The Office is still NBC's highest rated sitcom, and it's getting ratings that aren't really out of line from what shows like Arrested Development and Firefly got when they originally aired.

Predarat
05-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Parks and Rec gone? This is fucking bullshit! NBC is Nothing But Cunts.

Jawshco
05-09-2012, 06:40 PM
At least they're considering final half seasons for 30 Rock, Community and P&R. I think that 30 Rock is an aquired taste. I find it hilarious. I love how just about every line of dialogue is a joke or an obscure reference. If they give these shows decent finales, then I'll be fine with these cancellations. Better to end strong than to keep going until the material has been stretched too thin. It's a bummer because it does seem like Community and P&R should have been given more time. However, it probably is time to end 30 Rock.

I don't see how the Office doesn't end at the end of this season. With so many of the cast leaving and Dwight getting a spinoff show. They should probably wrap it up now before it gets worse. Any worse than last week's episode would be unwatchable for me.

Reaper16
05-09-2012, 06:40 PM
It reflects very poorly on NBC, yes. But honestly? I like it when shows end. Five seasons of any comedy is a whole lot of seasons.

BigMeatballDave
05-09-2012, 06:45 PM
It reflects very poorly on NBC, yes. But honestly? I like it when shows end. Five seasons of any comedy is a whole lot of seasons.

Maybe. I know Seinfeld was still great in its final season.

Jawshco
05-09-2012, 06:45 PM

I agree. That's usually the right amount of time for most any show.

Jawshco
05-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Maybe. I know Seinfeld was still great in its final season.

True, but that show is one of the exceptions to the rule I think. I could still go for more Seinfeld. I even thought the Seinfeld season of Curb your Enthusiasm was pretty hysterical.

|Zach|
05-09-2012, 08:26 PM

Yea, if Community was straight up canned that would be shitty...letting them run out on the clock with their own story works for me.

Shag
05-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Bummer - really going to miss Community. Since that and Chuck will be done, I won't have any shows left on NBC. Network TV is dying.

What's left on NBC after this?

SuperChief
05-09-2012, 10:24 PM
I wish they'd do a Ron Swanson spin-off. That would be neat.

Ultra Peanut
05-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Same-ish. As long as they have time to make appropriate endings it's easier to accept.

And it's also another chance to shit on NBC for being a horrible network, which is nice.

RIP Three Amazing Television Shows, though.

Dayze
05-09-2012, 10:31 PM
way to go NBC....cancel your better shows.

probably making room for more BS reality shows.

Dayze
05-09-2012, 10:32 PM

that.

keg in kc
05-09-2012, 11:06 PM
probably making room for more BS reality shows.It's making room for a bunch of new shitcoms that look really, really bad.

Dayze
05-09-2012, 11:10 PM
yeah.
the only network shows I watch are Modern Family, New Girl, and Master Chef/Hell's Kitchen.

other than that, everything else I watch is on TNT/AMC/History etc.

I really liked Parks and Rec, and was just getting into the older seasons of 30 Rock. Bummer. I'll still watch the older 30 Rocks though

Pitt Gorilla
05-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Jesus ****. NBC sucks.Yup. I was commenting to a friend just a few days ago that this is the best Thursday night comedy lineup in the past 10 or so years. Of course they pull the plug.

Community, 30 Rock, and P&R are the best comedies on TV.

Setsuna
05-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Big bang is terrible. P&R was brilliant. Fuck NBC. There needs to be a funimation network..it'll outdo all these big business networks in the first week. Anime is where it's at bitches!

Dayze
05-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Big bang is terrible. P&R was brilliant. **** NBC. There needs to be a funimation network..it'll outdo all these big business networks in the first week. Anime is where it's at bitches!

1000% agree.

Big Bang is god awful. I gave it a chance.....a few re-run episodes. I don't think I laughed a single time.

Not a fan of the 'laugh track'. aside from Seinfeld, I never care to hear it again.

Micjones
05-10-2012, 01:49 AM
way to go NBC....cancel your better shows.

probably making room for more BS reality shows.

Par for the course. Reality shows are cheap to produce.

kc rush
05-10-2012, 07:51 AM
I guess I won't spend much time with NBC anymore. Sunday Night Football, The Office (which I could take or leave anymore) and Grimm (which I could also take or leave) are it on their schedule.

Hell there is hardly anything I watch on network TV anymore. There will be football and -

Sunday - Simpsons (I'm a loyalist)
Monday - Nothing
Tuesday - Nothing
Wednesday - ABC comedies
Thursday - The Office
Friday - Grimm
Saturday - Nothing

I know my wife watches some goofball vampire shows that I never watch with her. I'll occasionally half pay attention to Once Upon A Time when she is watching that, or New Girl.

Everything else is baseball (right now), cable programming or whatever I can discover on Netflix.

Deberg_1990
05-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Its sort of a vicious circle......everyone complains that there isnt enough quality TV shows produced on network TV, then when there is, not enough people watch to keep them on the air.

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-10-2012, 09:12 AM
....and they'll be replaced by more garbage.

Predarat
05-10-2012, 09:13 AM
I wish they would keep Parks and Rec along with Community but phase the Office out. Especially if Dwight leaves. Though if they are canning Parks and Rec they could bring Ron Swanson to Dunder Mifflin. But the other characters in Parks and Rec are good so I think they are better off keeping it instead of the Office.

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-10-2012, 09:15 AM
At least they're considering final half seasons for 30 Rock, Community and P&R. I think that 30 Rock is an aquired taste. I find it hilarious. I love how just about every line of dialogue is a joke or an obscure reference. If they give these shows decent finales, then I'll be fine with these cancellations. Better to end strong than to keep going until the material has been stretched too thin. It's a bummer because it does seem like Community and P&R should have been given more time. However, it probably is time to end 30 Rock.

I don't see how the Office doesn't end at the end of this season. With so many of the cast leaving and Dwight getting a spinoff show. They should probably wrap it up now before it gets worse. Any worse than last week's episode would be unwatchable for me.

JFC :facepalm:

DaKCMan AP
05-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Horrible.

Your opinion is horrible.

Red Brooklyn
05-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Who is leaving? James Spader, which has always been the deal. Possibly Dwight and Toby if the spin-off gets picked up. That's three (really just two, and only one of any real significance to the on-screen show).

Who else? I haven't heard.

DaFace
05-10-2012, 10:48 AM
So basically, almost every show I watch on NBC. Interesting move.

Deberg_1990
05-10-2012, 11:00 AM

Its not about quality. Quality shows get sacked all the time.

NBC would run 7 nights of "Ouch My Balls" if they thought it would get them to #1.

Brock
05-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Who is leaving? James Spader, which has always been the deal. Possibly Dwight and Toby if the spin-off gets picked up. That's three (really just two, and only one of any real significance to the on-screen show).

Mindy Kaling is leaving.

siberian khatru
05-10-2012, 11:17 AM

Yeah, it's a bloodbath for me, too.

Pitt Gorilla
05-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Mindy Kaling is leaving.Any idea why? She was one of the primary writers, IIRC.

Brock
05-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Any idea why? She was one of the primary writers, IIRC.

Got a show on Fox.

BigMeatballDave
05-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Mindy Kaling is leaving.

I hadnt heard. She does a lot of writing for it. They should wrap that show up next season.

Bump
05-10-2012, 11:48 AM

was just about to post that. I'm down for a Ron Swanson spin off, the writing would have to be good and it couldn't be too much. But he's just too awesome of a character to let die.

mr. tegu
05-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I guess I won't spend much time with NBC anymore. Sunday Night Football, The Office (which I could take or leave anymore) and Grimm (which I could also take or leave) are it on their schedule.

Hell there is hardly anything I watch on network TV anymore. There will be football and -

Sunday - Simpsons (I'm a loyalist)Monday - Nothing
Tuesday - Nothing
Wednesday - ABC comedies
Thursday - The Office
Friday - Grimm
Saturday - Nothing

I know my wife watches some goofball vampire shows that I never watch with her. I'll occasionally half pay attention to Once Upon A Time when she is watching that, or New Girl.

Everything else is baseball (right now), cable programming or whatever I can discover on Netflix.

I have actually found that The Simpsons have made it back to their better days in the past few seasons. For a while it, say for 3-5 years prior to these past few years, was getting pretty bad, mostly because every episode would introduce a new character that was essential to the story. But now they have reverted back to stories utilizing the characters we all know and love who are always present.

The Simpsons community is so large that there are endless opportunities with already established characters that will always be there instead of one time cameos or outside characters.

SNR
05-10-2012, 12:13 PM
As much as I adore Community, it's really a show that just doesn't get ratings. Most of its viewers prefer to watch it on Hulu on their own time.

Which is smart, but that's how a show doesn't get ratings. And that's how brilliant television gets cancelled to make room for The Voice: Miami

SNR
05-10-2012, 12:14 PM
At least there's still Archer.

gblowfish
05-10-2012, 12:19 PM
It'll all be replaced with dirt cheap reality TV crap.

gblowfish
05-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Its not about quality. Quality shows get sacked all the time.

NBC would run 7 nights of "Ouch My Balls" if they thought it would get them to #1.

This is actually a wonderfully insightful programming recommendation. "Ow My Balls" is one of my favorite reality shows!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_4jrMwvZ2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Red Brooklyn
05-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Mindy Kaling is leaving.
For sure? Or only if her pilot gets picked up?

Demonpenz
05-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Ron Swanson spinoff show would be nice.

Brock
05-10-2012, 02:04 PM
For sure? Or only if her pilot gets picked up?

Pretty sure it's a done deal.

whoman69
05-10-2012, 02:29 PM
NBC...hmm...NBC...no can't seem to place it. Oh I remember, way back when...

Red Brooklyn
05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Pretty sure it's a done deal.
Yeah, it is. Hadn't heard the pilot was picked up.

I agree that The Office should probably wrap up next season. It's been on long enough. But if they do decide to keep it going, I think Rainn Wilson's exit is the only one that would really do much damage. Toby and Kelly probably wouldn't be missed on screen. Though, Kaling will sorely be missed in the writer's room.

Bummer that she's out in that capacity.

The Rick
05-10-2012, 03:39 PM
The television industry in general needs to get with the times. With DVRs, Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, etc. I don't see how "ratings" as we know them today could possibly be a solid indicator of a show's success. :shake:

Guru
05-10-2012, 04:01 PM
The television industry in general needs to get with the times. With DVRs, Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, etc. I don't see how "ratings" as we know them today could possibly be a solid indicator of a show's success. :shake:

IT isn't but they don't care.

DaFace
05-10-2012, 04:06 PM
IT isn't but they don't care.

While I agree, I think it's kind of funny coming from you. Aren't you one of those who has griped about how they make you watch commercials on Hulu? If it doesn't make them any money, they don't care. Simple as that.

Guru
05-10-2012, 04:13 PM
While I agree, I think it's kind of funny coming from you. Aren't you one of those who has griped about how they make you watch commercials on Hulu? If it doesn't make them any money, they don't care. Simple as that.

Why funny. It was a statement of fact that had nothing to do with my views on Hulu.

Setsuna
05-10-2012, 04:19 PM
At least there's still Archer.

That's FX brother.

lcarus
05-10-2012, 04:37 PM
1000% agree.

Big Bang is god awful. I gave it a chance.....a few re-run episodes. I don't think I laughed a single time.

Not a fan of the 'laugh track'. aside from Seinfeld, I never care to hear it again.

The laugh track is bearable if the show is actually funny like Seinfeld was.

SLAG
05-10-2012, 05:13 PM
This is actually a wonderfully insightful programming recommendation. "Ow My Balls" is one of my favorite reality shows!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_4jrMwvZ2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GO AWAY! - 'BAITIN'

BigMeatballDave
05-10-2012, 06:22 PM
That's FX brother.

duh

Fruit Ninja
05-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Community got renewed for the 4th season

Miles
05-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Looks like 13 episodes for Community and 13 for 30 Rock next season. Haven't seen anything on Parks.

Community was my favorite of these shows and I wasn't really expecting that many episodes to wrap it up.

Jawshco
05-10-2012, 10:58 PM

Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak are working on a new show called "It's Messy," (about a young female Doctor) and as you mentioned Paul Leberstien is leaving to write and work on Dwight's new show. So that's at least 5. (6 if you count Carrell who is already gone). Wouldn't surprise me if Jon K & Jenna Fischer didn't renew their contracts.

mikey23545
05-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Yea, thats fine.

Just saying its shit.

Not all programming can be tailored towards sophisticates like yourself.

Red Brooklyn
05-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak are working on a new show called "It's Messy," (about a young female Doctor) and as you mentioned Paul Leberstien is leaving to write and work on Dwight's new show. So that's at least 5. (6 if you count Carrell who is already gone). Wouldn't surprise me if Jon K & Jenna Fischer didn't renew their contracts.
John Kransisky and Ed Helms are currently in negotiations on new contracts. And BJ Novak, as far as I can tell, will be back. He's not leaving for Mindy's new show. Maybe I'm wrong on that. But everything I've seen online indicates that BJ will be back.

Setsuna
05-10-2012, 11:44 PM
duh

Oh really? I just thought since this was about NBC, it should stay in that realm and not deviate. Thanks for the heads up though.

|Zach|
05-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Not all programming can be tailored towards sophisticates like yourself.

Enjoy 2 1\2 men. *shrug*

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2012, 08:47 AM
Enjoy 2 1\2 men.
lol

that is the height of comedy, to suggest that anyone would... enjoy... two and a hal-*is crushed by nielsen ratings*

Red Brooklyn
05-11-2012, 02:23 PM
The Office, Parks & Rec and Up All Night have all been officially renewed. The article doesn't mention if this will be P&R's final season or not, but it does confirm a shortened season.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/11/nbc-the-office-parks-recreation/

NBC renews 'The Office,' 'Parks & Recreation,' more
by James Hibberd

Three more NBC comedies are returning next season: The Office, Parks & Recreation and Up All Night have all been renewed.

The Office has endured serious downsizing this season. Despite continuing to rank as NBC’s top-rated scripted show, its ratings have dropped precariously and longtime showrunner Paul Lieberstein is exiting to focus on the show’s planned spinoff. Co-star James Spader is leaving at the end of the season, and Mindy Kaling is exiting to focus on her new Fox comedy, which received a series order last night.

Still, regulars Jenna Fischer, John Krasinski and Ed Helms are all expected to return, having reached new deals with the network. The Office remains NBC’s tentpole comedy on Thursday nights (averaging 6.4 million viewers and a 3.4 adult demo rating) and any spinoff will be easier to launch while fans of the flagship are still tuning into the network.

Parks & Recreation (averaging 4.4 million viewers and a 2.2 rating) is really modestly rated, but has passionate fans and plenty of critical praise. NBC figures it’s worth at least another half season to maintain some schedule consistency. Parks, like Community and 30 Rock, have shortened 13-episode orders.

Deberg_1990
05-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Well this entire thread was much ado about nothing.......

Valiant
05-11-2012, 04:46 PM
What the fuck is up all night? Last show that used that title I believe was usa with gilbert godfried and rhonda.

Red Brooklyn
05-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Up All Night is a sitcom created by Emily Spivey and produced by Lorne Michaels. It stars Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph.

It's about a couple with a new baby. I think it's a pretty good show. Nothing groundbreaking. But it's funny and I feel like I know the characters. Well written.

ILChief
05-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Parks and rec got a full season

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/parks_rec_renewed_fifth_season_what/315481?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories (http://iphone.eonline.com/article?id=315481)

JPPT1974
05-11-2012, 08:24 PM
NBC really went down the hill after the ending of both "Friends and Seinfeld." As well as "Fraiser."

KcMizzou
05-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I read that they wrote last night's episode of Parks and Rec as if it were a series finale. (Not a season finale, which it was) You could tell. It was pretty great.

Community was great too. (Continues to be the most underrated show I make a point to watch.) They've got 3 episodes left, I think.

Deberg_1990
05-11-2012, 08:39 PM
NBC really went down the hill after the ending of both "Friends and Seinfeld." As well as "Fraiser."

It was.really that Leno primetime 5 nights a week thing that did them in. They are still struggling to recover from that and develop quality shows. They were nails in the 80s and 90s.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
05-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Celebrity Apprentice >

cosmo20002
05-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Celebrity Apprentice >

a poke in the eye

KcMizzou
05-11-2012, 08:58 PM
NBC really went down the hill after the ending of both "Friends and Seinfeld." As well as "Fraiser."I'd rather watch P&R or Community than any of those three, and it's not close.

(Not a 30 Rock fan)

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 09:24 PM
I'd rather watch P&R or Community than any of those three, and it's not close.

(Not a 30 Rock fan)

Blasphemy!

Seinfeld.

Best.
Show.
Ever.

Edit: and its not close :)

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Parks and rec got a full season

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/parks_rec_renewed_fifth_season_what/315481?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories (http://iphone.eonline.com/article?id=315481)

Awesome.

BigMeatballDave
05-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Celebrity Apprentice >

Gay

Deberg_1990
05-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Celebrity Apprentice >

I actually liked the original Apprentice without the B list stars. Unfortunately it didn't get the ratings the B list gets.

Setsuna
05-12-2012, 01:44 AM

Yeah man they were second to none with that lineup. Couldn't be beat.

KcMizzou
05-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Blasphemy!

Seinfeld.

Best.
Show.
Ever.

Edit: and its not close :)A hearty "meh".

I didn't hate it. It was better than Friends or Frasier.

Red Brooklyn
05-12-2012, 09:58 AM
I think Friends is better than Seinfeld. Seinfeld was certainly quirkier. But Friends was a game changer. I think Friends feels less groundbreaking now because so many sitcoms since have been modeled after it. Seinfeld had a formula that it's almost impossible to copy. In that sense, Seinfeld is one of the best and most original shows I've ever seen.

The downside is that I don't think that brand of humor holds up as well over time. When it worked the humor was untouchable. But it missed as much as it hit. And when that brand of humor misses... yikes. Friends might have been safer (less risky in terms of style of humor), but it was also more consistent for longer.

Having said that, I still think both shows went on a couple seasons too long.

ILChief
05-12-2012, 03:03 PM
I think Friends is better than Seinfeld. Seinfeld was certainly quirkier. But Friends was a game changer. I think Friends feels less groundbreaking now because so many sitcoms since have been modeled after it. Seinfeld had a formula that it's almost impossible to copy. In that sense, Seinfeld is one of the best and most original shows I've ever seen.

The downside is that I don't think that brand of humor holds up as well over time. When it worked the humor was untouchable. But it missed as much as it hit. And when that brand of humor misses... yikes. Friends might have been safer (less risky in terms of style of humor), but it was also more consistent for longer.

Friends was a great show but nothing touches Seinfeld. FYI, if you like Friends, check out Happy Endings. It's basically Friends in Chicago instead of New York.

Red Brooklyn
05-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Friends was a great show but nothing touches Seinfeld. FYI, if you like Friends, check out Happy Endings. It's basically Friends in Chicago instead of New York.
I'll check it out.

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Blasphemy!

Seinfeld.

Best.
Show.
Ever.

Can't argue that.

keg in kc
05-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I never really liked Seinfeld all that much, and it's always struck me as one of those shows that was popular because it was the 'in' thing at the time.

Deberg_1990
05-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I never really liked Seinfeld all that much, and it's always struck me as one of those shows that was popular because it was the 'in' thing at the time.

I actually liked it better before it got really huge and had a smaller following. Around 92 or 93? Once they moved it to Thursday Night Must See TV a few yer later it didn't seem as good, but it got huge in popularity.

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-13-2012, 08:47 AM

Nah, I just like Larry David's brand of humor. Curb is awesome to me as well.

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2012, 08:55 AM

I most certainly have to disagree. I love it today as I did then. It holds up. My 13 yr old son loves it.

lcarus
05-13-2012, 01:18 PM

The world of entertainment really went downhill after the 90s. I guess I'm just an 80s/90s kid

Anyong Bluth
05-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Community got renewed for the 4th season

So, is Community been renewed or cancelled with a wrap up couple shows / season? I like all 3 shows, but Community to me is must see & awesome, IMO. The Paintball episode may be one of the best television sitcom episodes in history.

I don't get why NBC does so poor when networks like CBS have a lot of crap except for How I Met Your Mother.

Amazing how CBS essentially traded spots when CBS outbid NBC for the NFL rights as Primary network for AFC games. Well, if I recall, Fox took the NFC from CBS, and CBS took the AFC from NBC.

TROY & ABED IN THE MORNING ...

keg in kc
05-14-2012, 11:28 AM
I don't get why NBC does so poor when networks like CBS have a lot of crap except for How I Met Your Mother.Just a personal theory, but I believe NBC has in recent years been trying to draw a younger audience, which is I think more difficult to retain than the more geriatric crowd that watches CBS. They're also the audience most likely to be doing other things than sitting at home during primetime watching TV, and is the audience most likely to watch shows through other means like hulu (or piracy). They also have a tendency to put their big new shows up against established shows, which basically puts them behind the 8-ball (like having Prime Suspect, The Firm and Awake on Thursday at 10/9). And part of the problem is just that the NBC brand as a whole right now is the low dog on the totem poll, and perception is reality. They're in last place, so their shows must suck.

ragedogg69
05-14-2012, 06:48 PM
I am waiting for NBC and maybe even the CW to give the middle finger to the Nielson company and say they're getting their ad numbers else where so it will include a much broader (and more accurate) rating. I have heard numbers as low as 20,000 people who are counted for Nielson ratings. It makes me sad to think that networks have to fold under them to be successful.

The common trend is people now more than ever are watching less primetime TV with the exception of sports. Something has gotta give, and I am betting it will be the outdated rating system before anything else.

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2012, 01:55 PM

Having said that, I still think both shows went on a couple seasons too long.THIS IS THE STUPIDEST OPINION I'VE EVER SEEN.

ON CHIEFSPLANET DOT COM. EVER.

I QUIT

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2012, 01:58 PM
The world of entertainment really went downhill after the 90s. I guess I'm just an 80s/90s kidMainstream entertainment is by and large horrifying and mortifying to me at this point, but at the same time we're in basically a golden age for TV dramas and have had some all-time classic comedies, to boot. It's like a cesspool with a few incredibly clean spots.

I never really liked Seinfeld all that much, and it's always struck me as one of those shows that was popular because it was the 'in' thing at the time.Seinfeld is genuinely brilliant, though I might be biased after watching every episode in a row several times over. It weirds me out every time I remember how huge it was.

Also, even the (ignorantly) maligned later seasons feature a lot of the funniest episodes and characters in the series, thus making them some of the funniest things in the glorious history of the medium of television itself.

Red Brooklyn
05-15-2012, 02:04 PM
THIS IS THE STUPIDEST OPINION I'VE EVER SEEN.

ON CHIEFSPLANET DOT COM. EVER.

I QUIT
That's pretty impressive. I'm strangely kinda proud of this.

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2012, 02:08 PM
As well you should be. I'm not saying you're dumb, by the way. I'm just saying you have the taste of a dumb person.

(I'm saying this with the utmost sarcasm if that isn't clear. I'm sure you are swell! But seriously, Friends is trash.)

BigMeatballDave
05-15-2012, 02:16 PM

I liked Friends, but it went too long.

Seinfeld could have went a few more seasons. Its humor still holds up today.

Aries Walker
05-15-2012, 02:33 PM
What Seinfeld did was open the doors for every stand-up comic out there to get their own show. Cosby and Redd Foxx and some others had done it OK before, but Seinfeld (maybe along with Roseanne) was the beginning of the new crop of comedians in a new kind of sitcom, where the plots were based on the comedian's act, and (s)he was the undoubted center of the show. From him, we got Home Improvement, Everybody Loves Raymond, Jeff Foxworthy, Drew Carey, George Lopez, King of Queens, Grace Under Fire, Bernie Mac, and probably a whole bunch of others I can't remember.

I never liked Friends, probably because it seemed fabricated to me; I could never get past the fact that those twentysomethings, besides being pretentious and annoying, would never be able to afford that spacious apartment in midtown New York.

Thig Lyfe
05-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Blasphemy!

Seinfeld.

Best.
Show.
Ever.

We should post a shit ton of polls to see if the rest of CP agrees.

Predarat
05-15-2012, 02:39 PM

Cheers > Seinfeld

BigMeatballDave
05-15-2012, 02:42 PM
I never liked Friends, probably because it seemed fabricated to me; I could never get past the fact that those twentysomethings, besides being pretentious and annoying, would never be able to afford that spacious apartment in midtown New York.

The apartment was explained. It was a Rent controlled unit.

BigMeatballDave
05-15-2012, 02:43 PM

:D

Ultra Peanut
05-15-2012, 03:06 PM
What Seinfeld did was open the doors for every stand-up comic out there to get their own show. Cosby and Redd Foxx and some others had done it OK before, but Seinfeld (maybe along with Roseanne) was the beginning of the new crop of comedians in a new kind of sitcom, where the plots were based on the comedian's act, and (s)he was the undoubted center of the show. From him, we got Home Improvement, Everybody Loves Raymond, Jeff Foxworthy, Drew Carey, George Lopez, King of Queens, Grace Under Fire, Bernie Mac, and probably a whole bunch of others I can't remember. This is, like, the worst possible tribute to Seinfeld's legacy.

Red Brooklyn
05-15-2012, 03:20 PM
This is, like, the worst possible tribute to Seinfeld's legacy.
At least, on this much we can agree.

Red Brooklyn
05-15-2012, 03:23 PM
I liked Friends, but it went too long.

Seinfeld could have went a few more seasons. Its humor still holds up today.
I would have ended Friends after the 7th season. Which is still probably too long. But some of my all time favorite Friends episodes are in that season.

Let me be clear, I love Seinfeld. It just doesn't have the replay value for me that Friends has. I can watch reruns of Friends all day long. I get wiped out watching too much Seinfeld.

Also, Seinfeld has this odd quality; it's actually better (to me) when I don't see a whole episode. It's the kind of show I like catching 5 to 10 minutes in. I've seen the ends of every episode. I'm not sure I can say the same of the beginnings.

Brock
05-15-2012, 03:29 PM
The apartment was explained. It was a Rent controlled unit.

2 of them, right across the hall from each other. Yeah.

Red Brooklyn
05-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Well, technically, if one of the apartments in rent controlled, the whole building is probably rent controlled. So, yeah.

But Monica's is the only one they address specifically. But Chandler has always had a real job and made pretty good money. Plus his parents are loaded. So it's logical.

BigMeatballDave
05-15-2012, 06:39 PM

They never mentioned the other apartment. Not that I recall.

DaFace
05-15-2012, 07:41 PM
I am waiting for NBC and maybe even the CW to give the middle finger to the Nielson company and say they're getting their ad numbers else where so it will include a much broader (and more accurate) rating. I have heard numbers as low as 20,000 people who are counted for Nielson ratings. It makes me sad to think that networks have to fold under them to be successful.

The common trend is people now more than ever are watching less primetime TV with the exception of sports. Something has gotta give, and I am betting it will be the outdated rating system before anything else.

There are plenty of legitimate criticisms of Nielsen's rating system, but sample size isn't one of them. They've got lots of methodological issues, like how to account for multiple TVs in a household, how to avoid double-counting people who watch both online and on TV, and a variety of other issues. However, adding another million people to the mix wouldn't fix any of those issues.

Regardless, the problem is that there's no such thing as "getting their ad numbers elsewhere." No one else really does it because Nielsen is WAY better than anything anyone else has ever come up with. So while it's flawed in some ways, it's better than nothing (and is a lot better than random people on a message board saying "those numbers are too low because I like that show").

ragedogg69
05-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Good points. Maybe I meant to say that NBC will give Nielson the finger and say we would rather keep shows that win awards and critical praise than win arbitrary rating wars.

BigRedChief
05-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Good points. Maybe I meant to say that NBC will give Nielson the finger and say we would rather keep shows that win awards and critical praise than win arbitrary rating wars.And maybe the top 1% will just decide to give all their money to the poor.

aturnis
05-17-2012, 10:47 PM
And maybe the top 1% will just decide to give all their money to the poor.

And maybe I'll be lying in wait to rob those poor people who the 1% just gave their money to.

Baby Lee
02-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Could the finale of 30 Rock perhaps be the best finale of all time? Too early to tell?

Legitimately funny, in keeping with the run of the show, poignant, referential, creative, innovative, comprehensive.

I've seen finales that do things epically or emotionally, but I can't recall one that did so many things so well without missing a beat.

Brock
02-02-2013, 01:35 PM
The Irma Luhrman-Merman murder
Turned the bird's word lurid
The whir and the purr of a twirler girl
She would the world were demurer
The insurer's allure
For valor were pure Kari Wuhrer
One fervid whirl over her turgid error
Rural juror
Rural juror
I will never forget you
Rural juror
I'll always be glad I met you
Rural juror

I will never forget you
Rural juror
I'll always be glad I met you
Rural juror (x2)
These were the best days of my flerm.

Baby Lee
02-02-2013, 01:46 PM
I mean how genius is it to have Richard Belzer PLAY Munch as Belzer playing Munch in his latest appearance as Munch on TV, putting 30 Rock in the Tommy Westphall-averse for all time? Then referencing the Westphall-averse in the end without directly going to it, but going back to the immortal Kenneth bit and mixing it with Liz Lemon's multi-racial progeny, and Jetson's sound effects?

Crazy making!!

I should totally start a business where you can spend Christmas in the Hamptons alone, drinking scotch and throwing firecrackers at Billy Joel's dog. Guess I missed the boat on Tan Penis Island.

Baby Lee
02-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Watch this and fail to tear up. I challenge you

http://www.vulture.com/2010/04/tracy_morgan_gets_emotional_wh.html

Demonpenz
02-02-2013, 03:14 PM
this is the worst day of my life

cookster50
02-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Community is back this week, I'm happy.

Predarat
02-04-2013, 12:49 PM
finially!

KcMizzou
02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z584YZtS9c4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla
02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why people (for the most part) don't watch NBC comedies. Is it the lack of a laugh track? Do people need to be told when something is funny?

30 Rock, Parks & Rec, and Community are all brilliant. WTF is wrong with people?

AndChiefs
02-04-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why people (for the most part) don't watch NBC comedies. Is it the lack of a laugh track? Do people need to be told when something is funny?

30 Rock, Parks & Rec, and Community are all brilliant. WTF is wrong with people?

I agree. I've never watched that broke waitress show but I've never even once came close to cracking a smile in their promo's. How do shows like that outperform great shows like Community?

keg in kc
02-04-2013, 11:16 PM
They're too smart. I've literally had people tell me that when I ask. They prefer stuff like 2 Broke Girls because you can turn your brain off, and watching something like Community makes them either feel dumb, or like they're watching something that only snooty hipster people watch, and they don't see themselves like that.

(Seriously, I've been told this...)

GoChargers
02-04-2013, 11:21 PM
I agree. I've never watched that broke waitress show but I've never even once came close to cracking a smile in their promo's. How do shows like that outperform great shows like Community?

Because people are stupid.

Dayze
02-05-2013, 11:01 AM
I used to watch Two Broke Girls simply for Kat Denning (or whatever he name is)

Pitt Gorilla
02-05-2013, 12:49 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z584YZtS9c4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>But I don't know where to laugh!!! Save me, According to Jim!

Baby Lee
02-05-2013, 01:28 PM
I used to watch Two Broke Girls simply for Kat Denning (or whatever he name is)

Kat has great bewbs, but Betsy has that ACE.

Baby Lee
02-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Man, the food poisoning bit on P&r.

Pitt Gorilla
02-08-2013, 01:27 AM
But I don't know where to laugh!!! Save me, According to Jim!Wow, nice foreshadowing. I had no idea.

NJChiefsFan
02-08-2013, 01:58 AM
I mean how genius is it to have Richard Belzer PLAY Munch as Belzer playing Munch in his latest appearance as Munch on TV, putting 30 Rock in the Tommy Westphall-averse for all time? Then referencing the Westphall-averse in the end without directly going to it, but going back to the immortal Kenneth bit and mixing it with Liz Lemon's multi-racial progeny, and Jetson's sound effects?

Crazy making!!

I should totally start a business where you can spend Christmas in the Hamptons alone, drinking scotch and throwing firecrackers at Billy Joel's dog. Guess I missed the boat on Tan Penis Island.

You ever read the paper a professor wrote arguing against the Westphall Universe? I get a kick out of that kind of stuff.

I thought this was a pretty damn good season for 30 Rock. Some people like seeing their TV shows go out with a bang. It makes sense, but for me it just makes me more sad. I regret it less when they go out having used up their spotlight, ie X-Files. Although I was ok with it then expecting real movies to follow. Anyway....

As for the reason these shows fail, I don't know. As some have mentioned its just too smart for some. Some shows, like my favorite in this genre Arrested Development, also suffered from the issue of being a running story line. It's hard to follow that show by just jumping in. That was the ultimate value of shows like Seinfeld. With shows built like 30 Rock, so much of the humor is built on knowing the character. I also think its about not having the patience to follow it closely enough. Some people may have the patience in real life but not in following shows. I see it with people in my family. People I would consider smart people but that just wouldn't care for a show like 30 Rock or A Dev.

Setsuna
02-08-2013, 02:22 AM

Because of Kat Dennings's tits. But the Big Bang Theory is quite possibly the dumbest show of its kind EVER. Anyone who likes it is completely mental.

Silock
02-08-2013, 02:36 AM
I love Big Bang Theory.

Setsuna
02-08-2013, 03:39 AM
I love Big Bang Theory.

:Lin:

BigMeatballDave
02-08-2013, 04:46 AM

It's not for black people.

:)

tomahawk kid
02-08-2013, 06:08 AM
Man, the food poisoning bit on P&r.

Indeed. I almost pissed myself.

Baby Lee
02-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Indeed. I almost pissed myself.

12 eggs and part of a dead animal, please and thank you.

Baby Lee
02-08-2013, 01:12 PM
El Banco Du Spanko

That was the douche talking.

I want soooo much to not like Nick Kroll [the end closer for Earwolf shows with El Chupakabra announcing 'the wolf dead' irritates me to NO END], but he delivers, consistently.

teedubya
02-08-2013, 02:20 PM
I watch a minuscule amount of television that is a non-sports event... Community is a great, great show though.

Baby Lee
02-08-2013, 09:10 PM
I love Big Bang Theory.

BBT is worth it for Blossom alone.This week's episode was a tour de force.

'Cause we out droppin' science son . leave a message . . . beep

Then what the hell Sheldon!!

ROFL ROFL

It's not highbrow humor, but it IS funny.

ILChief
02-09-2013, 10:07 AM
The office and parks and rec were both really good this week

Miles
02-09-2013, 05:19 PM
El Banco Du Spanko

That was the douche talking.

I want soooo much to not like Nick Kroll [the end closer for Earwolf shows with El Chupakabra announcing 'the wolf dead' irritates me to NO END], but he delivers, consistently.

He is great on The League.

KcMizzou
02-09-2013, 05:32 PM
He is great on The League.Yep.

But I really, really hate him as a stand up comic. His characters are amazingly annoying, and completely unfunny.

I feel the same about Aziz Ansari. He's pretty funny until he starts the Raaaannnnddy bullshit.

Miles
02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Yep.

But I really, really hate him as a stand up comic. His characters are amazingly annoying, and completely unfunny.

I feel the same about Aziz Ansari. He's pretty funny until he starts the Raaaannnnddy bullshit.

I almost mentioned the same for Kroll and completely agree. He is great as a comedic actor but couldn't agree more that his characters thing is just painful to watch.

Aziz seems a different since that Raaaannnnddy thing is not much of what he does. Seems like he just added it to the end of a standup special at the time from the Funny People was out. Often he is hilarious.

Red Brooklyn
02-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Finally got around to watching the 30 Rock finale last night. Loved it. Both the hour long finale and the episode leading up to it were wonderful.

Great series.

Baby Lee
02-25-2013, 01:28 AM
Ron, listen to me very carefully. I lost my father when I was ten, I don't have any brothers and Ken Burns never wrote me back. So I am not getting married without you there to walk me down the aisle. End of discussion.

ETA: Most epic set of vows EVER!! I love you and I like you.

Fly fly Little Sebastian.

Nothing like laughing and crying in affection at the same time. Best emotional response on earth.

DaKCMan AP
02-25-2013, 07:49 AM
It doesn't have to be smart vs. dumb vs. whatever.

I enjoy Parks n Rec and Community. I also enjoy Two Broke Girls and The Big Bang Theory.

PackerinMo
02-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Aubrey Plaza makes Parks and Rec worth watching all by herself. Aziz Ansari is freaking hilarious too.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxobckxIbk1r9mxlto1_500.gif

Pitt Gorilla
02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
It doesn't have to be smart vs. dumb vs. whatever.

I enjoy Parks n Rec and Community. I also enjoy Two Broke Girls and The Big Bang Theory.No, but it is about good shows and bad shows. The first two you mentioned are good.

Demonpenz
02-26-2013, 09:54 AM
penny knock knock knock penny knock knock knock penny.

BigMeatballDave
02-27-2013, 09:30 AM
No, but it is about good shows and bad shows. The first two you mentioned are good.

No, it's about personal preference.

I love P&R and BBT.

phisherman
02-27-2013, 09:35 AM
I like Parks & Rec and Big Bang Theory very much.

How anyone can watch Two Broke Girls is beyond me. The writing for that show is the worst that I think I've ever heard/seen, especially for a show that's on a big night.

cookster50
02-27-2013, 01:41 PM
How anyone can watch Two Broke Girls is beyond me. The writing for that show is the worst that I think I've ever heard/seen, especially for a show that's on a big night.

I admit to catching parts of episodes while waiting for the wife so we can watch something on Hulu/Netflix. Yes, it is terrible. Too bad there is nothing better on at the same time.

Pitt Gorilla
02-27-2013, 01:51 PM
No, it's about personal preference.

I love P&R and BBT.BBT used to be pretty good. Now, the good jokes are few and far between.

Perhaps you could help me understand the need for a laugh track on that show. Are the jokes so unfunny that the director has to inform you when to laugh?

BigMeatballDave
02-27-2013, 01:52 PM
BBT used to be pretty good. Now, the good jokes are few and far between.

Perhaps you could help me understand the need for a laugh track on that show. Are the jokes so unfunny that the director has to inform you when to laugh?

No clue. I hardly notice the laugh track.

That has nothing to do with the quality of a show.

jiveturkey
02-27-2013, 02:30 PM
No clue. I hardly notice the laugh track.

That has nothing to do with the quality of a show.

I'm still entertained by BBT but it's garbage writing. There's a vid somewhere out there on the Youtubes that is BBT minus the laugh track. It will increase your awareness of the terribleness.

jiveturkey
02-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Here's one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dffCCSb1JCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla
02-27-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm still entertained by BBT but it's garbage writing. There's a vid somewhere out there on the Youtubes that is BBT minus the laugh track. It will increase your awareness of the terribleness.I liked the show early on, but the writing is brutal. I used to DVR the show (and then not watch it). Now, I don't even bother. Shows like 30 Rock and P&R make it look ridiculous.

jiveturkey
02-27-2013, 04:21 PM
I liked the show early on, but the writing is brutal. I used to DVR the show (and then not watch it). Now, I don't even bother. Shows like 30 Rock and P&R make it look ridiculous.I completely agree.

Community is on a entirely different level.

I can still occasionally get laugh out of some garbage though. How I Met Your Mother is one. BBT has stayed on the DVR list but I'm usually playing on my tablet through the whole show.

SuperChief
02-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Here's one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dffCCSb1JCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Weird - this sounds like BBT with a laugh track. Absolutely, unequivocally not funny in the slightest.

Pitt Gorilla
02-27-2013, 08:23 PM
I completely agree.

Community is on a entirely different level.

I can still occasionally get laugh out of some garbage though. How I Met Your Mother is one. BBT has stayed on the DVR list but I'm usually playing on my tablet through the whole show.Did you see the Inspector Space Time convention last week?

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2013, 06:03 AM
BBT is shot in front of a live studio audience. Is there still a laugh track?

BigMeatballDave
02-28-2013, 06:06 AM
Weird - this sounds like BBT with a laugh track. Absolutely, unequivocally not funny in the slightest.

Then don't watch it and quit bitching about it.

jiveturkey
02-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Did you see the Inspector Space Time convention last week?

It's one of those shows that I watch the night it airs (not live though). There aren't a lot of episodes that I haven't loved.

I'm thoroughly pissed that it's going away and I hope that the people behind it find a new project.

SuperChief
02-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Then don't watch it and quit bitching about it.

I do not watch it. As for "bitching about it," it was simply an opinion. Thanks for voicing yours!

Demonpenz
03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Big Bang Theory is a huge show.

chiefzilla1501
03-02-2013, 05:55 AM
Same idiots who believe jay Leno is the future of late night.