PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Video: Chiefs Rookie Dinner

Tribal Warfare
05-16-2012, 10:18 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Q-HDxo-guk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King
05-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Awesome?

Rain Man
05-16-2012, 10:36 AM
It's a little embarrassing that they're showing video of Super Bowl IV. If I'm a rookie who doesn't know the team, I'm probably thinking, "WTF? Is that the last time they won?"

bevischief
05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Did they serve fried fish?

Thig Lyfe
05-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Did they serve fried fish?

http://i.imgur.com/F91YK.jpg

BigChiefFan
05-16-2012, 11:02 AM
I'd run through a brick wall for Romeo Crennel-that guy is a class act.

Chiefnj2
05-16-2012, 11:08 AM
It's a little embarrassing that they're showing video of Super Bowl IV. If I'm a rookie who doesn't know the team, I'm probably thinking, "WTF? Is that the last time they won?"

Break out the microfiche someone is looking for all 4 KC Chief highlights from the last 40 years.

Okie_Apparition
05-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Spout or handle first

Chiefnj2
05-16-2012, 11:13 AM
When you see a profile shot of Poe does anybody else think of this:

Lt. Dan: What's wrong with your lips?
Bubba: I was born with big gums, sir.
Lt. Dan: Yeah, well, you better tuck that in. Gonna get that caught on a trip wire.

RealSNR
05-16-2012, 11:18 AM
That Clark Hunt thing "Welcome to Arrowhead Stadium" was a little bit creepy. It's like they were brainwashing all those guys 1984-style

FAILURE IS TRADITION

Halfcan
05-16-2012, 11:19 AM

Even our last Playoff win is on Betta tape-lol

Halfcan
05-16-2012, 11:21 AM
That Clark Hunt thing "Welcome to Arrowhead Stadium" was a little bit creepy. It's like they were brainwashing all those guys 1984-style

FAILURE IS TRADITION

Something about clark that I just dont like-Not Just that he tried to move the team to Kansas and Jacked the Jackson COunty tax payers........

well maybe that is it - I just dont think he can build a winner-bottom line he is in for the money.

Halfcan
05-16-2012, 11:25 AM
I'd run through a brick wall for Romeo Crennel-that guy is a class act.

I agree 100%- he deserved a chance. Not only is he Great with the players-he put together some pretty awesome defensive schemes last year.

The way we took it to Green Bay last year was Classic-best game I have been to in years. It pretty much ruined their season-not just the unbeaten streak-we Knocked the crap out of them on Every play. They were not the same after we destroyed them. That was ALL Romeo-getting the guys to believe they were the better team.

KCrockaholic
05-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Something about clark that I just dont like-Not Just that he tried to move the team to Kansas and Jacked the Jackson COunty tax payers........

well maybe that is it - I just dont think he can build a winner-bottom line he is in for the money.

He's a business man. A bad one at that. But he doesn't give 2 shits about the actual franchise as long as he's getting his cash. Just have to hope the guys who are in control of the actual football operations like Pioli, Crennel, Joel Collier, Ray Farmer, and those guys actually have passion for making the Chiefs a threat.

And with as much grief as we give Pioli around here, I think he does do his best, and he does truly care about making the Chiefs a Super Bowl contender.

His problem is he's entirely too committed to Cassel.

But I have a good feeling that we are going to draft a QB next year in the 1st.

mikey23545
05-16-2012, 11:39 AM

If only we had one of those owners like everyone else has that doesn't give a fig about money!

Thig Lyfe
05-16-2012, 11:44 AM
If only we had one of those owners like everyone else has that doesn't give a fig about money!

I wish Mark Cuban would buy the Chiefs.

Rain Man
05-16-2012, 11:47 AM
He's a business man. A bad one at that. But he doesn't give 2 shits about the actual franchise as long as he's getting his cash. Just have to hope the guys who are in control of the actual football operations like Pioli, Crennel, Joel Collier, Ray Farmer, and those guys actually have passion for making the Chiefs a threat.

And with as much grief as we give Pioli around here, I think he does do his best, and he does truly care about making the Chiefs a Super Bowl contender.

His problem is he's entirely too committed to Cassel.

But I have a good feeling that we are going to draft a QB next year in the 1st.

I was thinking about the Pioli-Cassel-quarterback thing, and the more I do, the more I think he just didn't have any options this year.

Who were the free agent or rookie QBs out there who weren't attached to a team, and who were an upgrade from Cassel?

Manning - outright rejected us because we don't offer money under the table like the Broncos do.

Brees - Sure, let's pursue him. Do you think there's any chance at all that the Saints will let him go? I don't.

Luck - The Colts weren't trading that pick.

RGIII - This one was certainly a possibility, but the Redskins gave up 3 1st round picks and 1 2nd round pick, and we would've had to give up more given our draft position. Sorry, guys, but the value's not there.

Tannehill - Would've had to trade up, and not convinced that's a good idea.

Weeden - Could've drafted him. I'm warming up that this could've been a reasonable solution, especially if we could've traded down. But it's not something that strikes me as a great long-term pick.

Orton - Okay, this one I blame Pioli for. Not sure why we didn't keep Orton and let him start. He's superior to Cassel. But ... it's Orton. Is Orton the long-term answer?

Russell Wilson - Donald Stephenson better be darn good is all I have to say.

So the bottom line is ... pipe dream for Brees, 62 year-old rookie in Weeden, Orton, or trade most of the future team for RGIII.

Even if Pioli is done with Cassel, this may just not be the right year to make a long-term move.

In58men
05-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Let the chips fall where they may.

Romeo's favorite line.

The Franchise
05-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Fucking Poe is slow! /cp

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-16-2012, 12:41 PM
I agree 100%- he deserved a chance. Not only is he Great with the players-he put together some pretty awesome defensive schemes last year.

The way we took it to Green Bay last year was Classic-best game I have been to in years. It pretty much ruined their season-not just the unbeaten streak-we Knocked the crap out of them on Every play. They were not the same after we destroyed them. That was ALL Romeo-getting the guys to believe they were the better team.

And believe me , he's got plans for Peyton Manning too. I'm glad he's our coach !

O.city
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Maybe this makes me a true fan, but when they play that video at Arrowhead and the Flyover, the national anthem........it gets the blood pumping a little.

Halfcan
05-16-2012, 06:31 PM

You mean like in New England and Washington.

lcarus
05-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Even our last Playoff win is on Betta tape-lol

Let's not blow things out of proportion here man. It's on a dusty ol VHS. :(

milkman
05-16-2012, 06:40 PM
You mean like in New England and Washington.

Robert Kraft, like Bill Bellichick and Scott Pioli, is the beneficiary of the lotto like luck of drafting an all time great QB in the 6th round.

Daniel Snyder and the Redskins have done jack as a franchise, in spite of spending all that money.

You want to build a winner that competes year in, year out, the Steelers are the model.

How do they do it?

They draft well, and don't overspend.

tomahawk kid
05-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Bobby Bell!