PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The CW: New Green Arrow TV Show ( with new actor)

Pages : [1] 2

Tribal Warfare
05-18-2012, 05:10 PM
The series, which will air on Wednesdays at 8:00-9:00 p.m., stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

http://eclipsemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Arrow-Season-Three-Banner-10-05-14.jpg

Valiant
05-18-2012, 05:37 PM
When does it start? Looks good..

Deberg_1990
05-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Looks as good as NBCs The Cape from a few years ago.

Mr. Laz
05-18-2012, 10:13 PM
what was wrong with the Green Arrow guy from smallville?

might have a chance if it was sort of a spinoff

Guru
05-19-2012, 03:28 AM
I'll give it a shot but I agree with Laz.

Bowser
05-19-2012, 11:32 AM
what was wrong with the Green Arrow guy from smallville?

might have a chance if it was sort of a spinoff

Yeah, I thought tha kid was ok, too. But have you caught any reruns of Smallville lately? To me, that show does NOT hold up, and maybe th eproducers were wanting to distance themselves from that entire storyline and characters?

I liked Smallville when it was on, but it really is hard trying to sit through an episode now. Justin Hartley did a good job as Green Arrow, so no knock on him.

Valiant
05-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I thought tha kid was ok, too. But have you caught any reruns of Smallville lately? To me, that show does NOT hold up, and maybe th eproducers were wanting to distance themselves from that entire storyline and characters?

I liked Smallville when it was on, but it really is hard trying to sit through an episode now. Justin Hartley did a good job as Green Arrow, so no knock on him.

Yeah I think they want to distance it so they can create a new story, that and not be supes weaker JL sidekick getting his own show..

Anything after season 4-5 of smallville went to shit imo..

Psyko Tek
05-19-2012, 12:06 PM
who the fuck is laurel lance?
Dinah Lance I know

Buck
05-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Definitely has a CW feel.

I wish they would do something like this on Cable.

keg in kc
05-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Smallville wasn't a good show, really, in any way. It's strength was that it was the only show of its kind on tv. But the acting was bad, the production value and effects were poor, the story lines were goofy. Not that it wasn't fun, and once I started watching it during (I think) season 4 or 5 (it was far enough in that I was able to see reruns from the begninning), I stuck with it until the end (it was a guilty pleasure...), but I don't think trying anything to that show, especially now that it's been off the air for a couple years would do anybody any good.

Tribal Warfare
06-13-2012, 03:05 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gk_ji5Yu_Mg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
It wasn't bad, I'll give it a chance.

keg in kc
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
It wasn't bad, I'll give it a chance.Yeah, I expected much worse. The voiceover is cliche but otherwise it wasn't bad at all.

Tribal Warfare
10-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I expected much worse. The voiceover is cliche but otherwise it wasn't bad at all.

It'll be interesting how they'll develop the "speedy" story line with all things considered.

CanadaKC
10-11-2012, 02:21 AM
I for got to tell you guys I'm Stephen Amell's stand-in on the show :) :thumb:

CanadaKC
10-11-2012, 02:23 AM
what did you guys think of the pilot?

Guru
10-11-2012, 02:46 AM
I enjoyed it. Will definitely keep it on my watch list for now.

Guru
10-11-2012, 02:47 AM
I for got to tell you guys I'm Stephen Amell's stand-in on the show :) :thumb:
So which scenes were you?

CanadaKC
10-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm not acting in it..I'm Stephen's stand-in...his caddy/human light bounce so they block and light the scene for the cameras so he can come right to set and start working. I've been doing this a long time...it's a fun job.

CanadaKC
10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
4+ million viewers...YESSS!!!

Aries Walker
10-11-2012, 04:15 PM
I really liked it. There were a few things that seemed derivative, but so what - it's a street-level superhero origin story, and it was done really well. Also, I love the way they're interpreting the character, and integrated aspects of the story like Speedy, and hints of those early-70's Green Lantern/Green Arrow social-consciousness story lines. The fight and chase scenes were also really gripping and well-shot. I will keep watching this.

Edit: Oh, another thing: Amell did a good job in conveying that his darker self was his actual self, and the 'playboy' was a front, and not the other way around. Whenever he was pretending to still be the give-me-a-drink party-boy, he delivered his lines just a little flatter, so it seemed Queen, not Amell, was a bad actor. It gave an edge to the character, which I was pleasantly surprised to see.

mnchiefsguy
10-11-2012, 04:54 PM
I have DVR'd this, but not watched yet. Glad to see some good reviews for it. Hoping it will be good enough to add to my list of shows.

keg in kc
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Apparently delivered the CW's biggest audience in 3 years.

Guru
10-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm not acting in it..I'm Stephen's stand-in...his caddy/human light bounce so they block and light the scene for the cameras so he can come right to set and start working. I've been doing this a long time...it's a fun job.

ahhhh, didn't realize they did stuff like that.

dilligaf
10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
what did you guys think of the pilot?

It was fun. I'll continue to watch.

lcarus
10-11-2012, 09:20 PM
The CW? I'll pass.

Bowser
10-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Shit, forgot to DVR the show.

Aries Walker
10-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Not a problem. There are a lot of ads, but it's online.

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/arrow/full-episodes

Deberg_1990
10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
The CW? I'll pass.

Hmmm...same here. CW to me just screams "16-25" appeal!! Not thats theres anything wrong with that, just not my cup of tea.

keg in kc
10-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Hmmm...same here. CW to me just screams "16-25" appeal!! Not thats theres anything wrong with that, just not my cup of tea.One of the best shows on TV is on CW, and it's definitely not 16-25. That show being Supernatural.

Guru
10-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Hmmm...same here. CW to me just screams "16-25" appeal!! Not thats theres anything wrong with that, just not my cup of tea.

dumbass

Deberg_1990
10-12-2012, 06:23 PM
dumbass

What am I wrong about? Moat of their shows appeal to the teen demo. Hard to deny that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guru
10-12-2012, 06:25 PM
What am I wrong about? Moat of their shows appeal to the teen demo. Hard to deny that.
Posted via Mobile Device

So you refuse to watch one good show because you are afraid that you would have to watch all the rest. Who gives a crap that the network is aimed at teens if the show you are watching appeals to older people too.

CanadaKC
10-12-2012, 09:45 PM
The show caters to all ages actually...the comic book hero/vigilante and villians...that's priceless at any age...wait and see...you'll love episode #2 as much as the pilot :)

Aries Walker
10-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Skipping this show because the network has too much young adult programming would be like skipping The Big Bang Theory because you don't like police procedurals.

It's really a good, promising show. I encourage you to give it a shot.

Setsuna
10-13-2012, 09:46 PM
The CW? I'll pass.

Supernatural says "Hello.....Fuck you."

big nasty kcnut
10-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Canada KC glad your working but i'm not watching a show about a commie. Tell me when they will have the justice society tv show.

Bowser
10-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Canada KC glad your working but i'm not watching a show about a commie. Tell me when they will have the justice society tv show.

LMAO

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2012, 07:18 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qu9QZkL-MS4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JD10367
10-15-2012, 08:28 PM
All of you, get off "Smallville"'s case. That show brought us Allison Mack, Kristin Kreuk, Laura Vandervoort, and Erica Durance. It's very high on my list for "Most F***able Female TV Cast".

CanadaKC
10-17-2012, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu9QZkL-MS4

Guru
10-17-2012, 11:12 PM
yep, after the first two eps. I'm all in.

CanadaKC
10-20-2012, 01:22 PM
thoughts on episode 2?

keg in kc
10-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Same comment as the first episode: the voiceover is awful. Otherwise, mostly like the show.

CW just picked it up for the full season.

modocsot
11-01-2012, 11:35 PM
After four eps, I like where this show is headed. My only complaint would be that the show has Arrow targeting a new billionaire bad guy of the week. That could get old soon - seriously, how many rich, corrupt bad guys are in this city?!

I do like that they're going for the Nolan-esq "no super powers" universe. I'm eager to see how they'll develop (Dinah) Laurel Lance; as to IF she'll become Black Canary in this series.

Per wiki, there's 10 eps this season. Hopefully, they'll start developing Merlin's (antagonist) character soon.

At first I didn't like the whole Green Arrow killing thing... but I've come to accept that that vigilante trait fits this character. Not a lot of "trick" arrows either, but that's OK. Also fits within the scheme of this rendition of Green Arrow.

I'm eager to see where this show will go.

keg in kc
11-02-2012, 12:45 AM
I think wiki is wrong. Arrow got a full season pickup after the second episode. 22 episodes as I recall.

I also like where the show is going, and I like that they've outed him so quickly. I thought it was great that they found footage of him in the stairwell, and I'm curious to see how they get out of it. Entertaining show.

CanadaKC
11-02-2012, 01:22 AM
we've been picked up for 22 episodes...it's one of the most successful US television shows of the season...and there will be villians a plenty.

Guru
12-06-2012, 12:51 AM
I have really enjoyed this show so far. Never gotten dull and the story has really been top notch. Taking on the character from Nolan's batman POV.

Oh, and some of the exercises they show him doing are impressive as hell. Christ in tonights ep he was doing pullups all the way to his waist. JFC that has to be hard.

Barret
12-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Didn't see last night's episode yet but kinda enjoy the series. I am unsure about the new "sidekick" thing but wish they would do more of the flashbacks to the island.

There is a lot of story to get into then just His Dads hit list thing. The mother and the boat and the secret cabal type thing going on is interesting.

Also did the police detective play a Wizard in a short lived series which was cool but Sci-fi (syfi) cancelled cause the management there sucks?

Frosty
12-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Also did the police detective play a Wizard in a short lived series which was cool but Sci-fi (syfi) cancelled cause the management there sucks?

Yeah, he was in the Dresden Files.

I really like the show, too. One thing that's a downer, though, is the sound is really bad. It's kind of "echo-y" and you have to really crank it up. Maybe it's just us (standard def on DirecTV) but the commercials sound normal and so does Supernatural right after.

keg in kc
12-06-2012, 12:33 PM
I've noticed the sound as well. It seems like the balance is off on the surround channels.

Frosty
12-08-2012, 01:02 PM
They should have given Helena this Huntress costume

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/17/Barbara_Joyce_Huntress.jpg

LMAO

Anyone else think Jessica De Gouw has a low level Liv Tyler thing going on?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-1taPPcmqkgBPKx-82lXgv0CU8y2qyanetHEkmk7OFpHaBOhyLA

modocsot
12-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Tonight's ep... JIMP! His nemesis, Merlin (the bad guy archer in the comics/animated canon), is Tommy's father?! This show is awesome! hope they keep up the momentum.

Now on CW, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show... JIMP again! LOL.

Guru
12-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Tonight's ep... JIMP! His nemesis, Merlin (the bad guy archer in the comics/animated canon), is Tommy's father?! This show is awesome! hope they keep up the momentum.

Now on CW, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show... JIMP again! LOL.

The interesting thing in this ep is it appears that he may have also been the masked guy from the island. Not saying he is, but they did kind of lead you to that as an option.

keg in kc
12-13-2012, 03:20 AM
(I assume) Tommy Merlyn's dad (Malcolm was it? - I still think of him as Captain Jack) is playing the archer Merlyn. Deathstroke's a completely different character (although I don't think they've given his name yet).

Enjoyed tonight's episode, and thought it was a much better first half season that I had ever expected. Good show.

Tribal Warfare
12-13-2012, 07:00 AM
(I assume) Tommy Merlyn's dad (Malcolm was it? - I still think of him as Captain Jack) is playing the archer Merlyn. Deathstroke's a completely different character (although I don't think they've given his name yet).

Enjoyed tonight's episode, and thought it was a much better first half season that I had ever expected. Good show.

I wonder how they'll dive into Deathstroke's back story, since he's a criminal and not a super soldier in this continuity.

Tribal Warfare
01-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Interesting episode tonight, especially the Merlin back story.

Tribal Warfare
02-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Enter Manu Bennett( Crixus from Starz' Spartucus) as Deathstroke

keg in kc
02-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Good news: renewed for next season (not a surprise, it's CW's most-watched show).

CanadaKC
02-11-2013, 03:38 PM
whew...I'm employed another year!!!:clap:

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2013, 04:29 PM
'Arrow's' Manu Bennett Upped to Series Regular for Season 2 (Exclusive) (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-manu-bennett-season-2-430044)

He joins recently promoted Colton Haynes and Emily Bett Rickards on the CW's Stephen Amell starrer.

The series has promoted Manu Bennett to series regular for its recently announced second season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

On the network's adaptation of DC Comics' long-running title, Bennett plays Slade Wilson -- who in the comics ultimately becomes Arrow's villain Deathstroke. Producers have been cagey if Bennett would follow his comic book counterpart and transform into the famed villain, featuring multiple Deathstrokes during its freshman run.
Exec producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim have thus far written Slade as an ally to Stephen Amell's Oliver, appearing in Arrow's flashbacks to their time on the island.

Bennett joins Colton Haynes (Roy Harper) and Emily Bett Rickards (Ollie's IT whiz Felicity Smoak) as series regulars for Arrow's second season. He's currently wrapping the third and final season of Starz's Spartacus, where he plays Crixus. Repped by Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management, Bennett also stars as Azog in all three Hobbit films.

Guru
05-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Looks like they are setting up for a great season finale.

keg in kc
05-01-2013, 10:09 PM
I haven't watched tonight yet, but it's been a good show all season. Has to be the pleasant surprise of the year.

Guru
05-02-2013, 12:59 AM
I haven't watched tonight yet, but it's been a good show all season. Has to be the pleasant surprise of the year.

You will enjoy the carnage in this ep.

Braincase
05-02-2013, 09:27 AM
whew...I'm employed another year!!!:clap:

What kind of role are you playing on the show?

kaplin42
05-02-2013, 10:34 AM
It's a good show, I got into halfway through the season, even though my wife has been watching it all season.

It doesn't hurt that Laurel and Felicity are hawt either.

Guru
05-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Fantastic season finale

keg in kc
05-15-2013, 11:05 PM
That was really good. Nice to see a show with enough cajones to have some stakes.

keg in kc
07-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Damnit, they've cast Summer Glau, showkiller.

keg in kc
07-21-2013, 06:57 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yWW6R8rzcZA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mecca
07-21-2013, 02:51 PM
I started watching this a few weeks back, finished the season, damn good show.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hays
07-22-2013, 08:04 AM
I sat down and watched the whole season in a few days. I am going to make sure to watch it this year. I really liked it.

keg in kc
07-30-2013, 12:46 PM
So they're going to introduce Barry Allen as a recurring character this season, leading towards a Flash spin-off series: http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/cw-eyes-flash-series-with-arrows-greg-berlanti-andrew-kreisberg-david-nutter/

Frosty
07-30-2013, 12:54 PM
So they're going to introduce Barry Allen as a recurring character this season, leading towards a Flash spin-off series: http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/cw-eyes-flash-series-with-arrows-greg-berlanti-andrew-kreisberg-david-nutter/

Awesome. Love the Flash. Probably my favorite DC character.

In Arrow, though, they have kind of gone out of their way to not have anyone with superpowers. I wonder how the Flash will fit into that?

CanadaKC
07-30-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm Stephen Amell's stand-in on the show. :)

Guru
07-30-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm Stephen Amell's stand-in on the show. :)

Just curious, does Amell do any of his own stunts on this show? I know when we see him exercising he does some pretty extreme stuff, if that is real anyway.

ChiefsFanatic
07-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Just curious, does Amell do any of his own stunts on this show? I know when we see him exercising he does some pretty extreme stuff, if that is real anyway.

He was in a combo panel at last year's Comic-Con and stated that he worked out a ton with a trainer and that the archery training was brutal.

I remember him as the bumbling idiot male prostitute on Hung (not the Thomas Jane character,) and I couldn't believe it was the same actor.

keg in kc
07-30-2013, 11:38 PM
I remember him as the bumbling idiot male prostitute on Hung (not the Thomas Jane character,) and I couldn't believe it was the same actor.Yeah. That show's why I couldn't believe they cast him as the lead in Arrow.

keg in kc
07-31-2013, 08:12 PM
More on Flash, looks like he'll show up earlier in the season than previously announced: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-writers-preview-cws-newest-595705

big nasty kcnut
07-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Finally the flash is back thank you lord on tv. I will watch the hell out of it.

Tribal Warfare
08-27-2013, 05:36 PM
http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Arrow-Season-2-550x798.jpg

http://screencrush.com/arrow-season-2-poster/

‘Arrow‘ season 2 won’t debut on The CW until October 9, nearly a month behind the other network premieres, though in the meantime we’ve kept up with the superhero drama’s latest DC castings. Now, media from ‘Arrow’ season 2 has finally begun to leak out after Comic-Con 2013, highlighting the cast in an all new poster that doesn’t shamelessly flaunt its abs!

We’d be hard-pressed to derive any information from the first official ‘Arrow’ season 2 poster (obtained via TVLine), though at least the series regular status of Colton Haynes (Roy Harper), Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak) and Manu Bennett (Slade Wilson) earns a bit of reflection. If nothing else, Slade certainly looks ready for action, and his presence with the other regulars could suggest a present-day appearance!

In addition to incorporating Metamorpho, The Atom and The Flash, ‘Arrow’ season 2 will pick up on October 9 some time after the events of season 1 finale “Sacrifice,” continuing its ‘Batman Begins’-influenced storytelling with the addition of new villains Isabel Rochev (Summer Glau), Brother Blood (Kevin Alejandro), Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White), League of Assasins member Al-Owal (‘Homeland”s Navid Negahban) and DC character Sin (‘The Killing”s Bex Taylor Klaus).

Guru
10-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Ra's al Ghul

Nice

Tribal Warfare
10-24-2013, 04:52 AM
Ra's al Ghul

Nice

Laurel Lance, isn't Black Canary too.

Guru
10-24-2013, 05:56 AM
Laurel Lance, isn't Black Canary too.

That was obvious though.

Barret
10-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Hasn't there been some speculation that.....
Laurels sister Sara is the Black Canary and that she trains Laurel and then dies off and then Laurel becomes the Black Canary

BigChiefTablet
10-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Laurels sister Sara is the Black Canary and that she trains Laurel and then dies off and then Laurel becomes the Black Canary

I believe there has.

Bump
10-24-2013, 02:08 PM
I really like this show. I pretty much binge watched the first season on netflix and then singed up on hulu plus so that I could watch season 2. It's good! I love the island flash backs too, probably my favorite part of the show.

Frosty
10-26-2013, 02:21 PM

That would make a lot of sense.

I really like this show. I pretty much binge watched the first season on netflix and then singed up on hulu plus so that I could watch season 2. It's good! I love the island flash backs too, probably my favorite part of the show.

I think it's really hitting its stride now. I hope the audience (and ratings) comes back so it doesn't get canceled. :huh:

I do wish they would fix the sound on the show. It always sounds like everyone is talking from the bottom of a metal garbage can.

Frosty
10-26-2013, 02:28 PM
One other thing...

Wasn't Oliver's girlfriend on the island a lot more, um.. "Asian"... last season than she is this season?

Valiant
10-26-2013, 02:38 PM
One other thing...

Wasn't Oliver's girlfriend on the island a lot more, um.. "Asian"... last season than she is this season?

Same girl per imdb.

Frosty
10-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Same girl per imdb.

Ok. Faulty memory, I guess. She looks very caucasian this season, especially considering who her father is. :shrug:

ThaVirus
10-29-2013, 12:38 AM
I'm on episode 7. There is a disturbing lack of tits and other senseless nudity on this show.

CrazyPhuD
10-29-2013, 02:09 AM
One other thing...

Maybe Oliver put so much white into her on the island that she started to change? You are what you eat right? :shrug:

listopencil
10-31-2013, 07:57 PM

Now that I am Netflixing the show I find this post hilarious.

keg in kc
10-31-2013, 10:08 PM
Think we got our first hint as to the origin of the Flash last night. Little news story about a Star Labs particle accelerator. :hmmm:

CanadaKC
11-01-2013, 11:14 PM
I wish i could tell you more...but my ass would get fired. Let's just say some of you are on the right track!:thumb:

Frosty
11-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Think we got our first hint as to the origin of the Flash last night. Little news story about a Star Labs particle accelerator. :hmmm:

Yeah, they mentioned in the season premiere, too. It will probably come more to the forefront as time goes by.

BigChiefTablet
11-04-2013, 01:02 PM
I had been trying to watch this show regularly but I'm not very good at keeping television appointments. Finally watched all the episodes straight through now that I am the last person on the planet to get netflix.

Pretty impressed. Probably the best superhero television show I've seen.

Tribal Warfare
11-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Wait a minute, I thought they killed off Merlin.

Guru
11-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Wait a minute, I thought they killed off Merlin.

Obviously healed by whatever it is they are looking for on the island.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Obviously healed by whatever it is they are looking for on the island.

Though in 2 weeks Barry Allen will be introduced :rockon:

Javabean
11-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Just watched season one on Netflix. Really, really liked it. Probably the best superhero TV show I've seen. I watch almost everything on Netflix a year after it airs, but I'm considering paying Amazon for season 2 so I can watch at as it comes out.

Did any of you see the old Flash TV show from the early 90s? It was pretty good for its time. Mark Hamill played the Trickster in one episode, and did such a great job that it lead to his voicing the Joker on the Batman: TAS cartoon and then subsequent cartoons and video games. Arrow reminds me a lot of that Flash show -- obviously, Arrow's much better with 20 years of innovation to build on, but it reminds me of that Flash show in that it's giving us a surprisingly good interpretation of a second tier hero.

Interesting how over the past decade, Marvel's done so much better with movies and DC's done much better with live action TV shows. I'd say the cartoons are a push now what with Marvel's recent Avengers and Spider-Man series rivaling the Bruce Timm cartoons.

keg in kc
11-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah, remember the flash, and the super fake muscled costume. LMAO

I also remember it being pretty bad.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QszlMVDrFjc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think DC's still quite a bit ahead cartoon-wise. They've just had so many good ones. They both have a problem with networks cancelling the good ones (Avengers Assemble/Justice League Unlimited (which basically ended the DCU begun by BTAS)/Young Justice). Ultimate Spider-Man is okay, but it doesn't have anything like the storyline quality of earlier series. The new Avengers series is a mixed mag at best.

I like Beware the Batman, despite the CGI look, but I have a feeling it's been quietly canceled the way Young Justice and the suprisingly good Green Lantern series were earlier in the year. About a month ago they just stopped showing it, with no explanation. So the only DC thing they have on is the just awful Teen Titans cartoon (think the same juvenile 4th wall breaking and in jokes of Ultimate Spider-Man, but done much worse...).

I have a gut feeling that we may be seeing the end of DC cartoons for a while. Marvel really has the edge long term with their Disney connection.

keg in kc
11-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Speaking of Arrow, season's been great so far, and the ratings have been steadily climbing, which is awesome.

Barret
11-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Does anyone foresee Thea kinda start training with Roy? He was trying to get her to release some anger like he does by punching stuff. Is that going to lead her to get into the vigilante business?

keg in kc
11-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Does anyone foresee Thea kinda start training with Roy? He was trying to get her to release some anger like he does by punching stuff. Is that going to lead her to get into the vigilante business?Well, he was calling her Speedy a lot last year.

Javabean
11-24-2013, 08:27 AM
How's Summer Glau doing? From what I read, she's getting a chance to play something other than a damaged crazy girl. I'm not familiar with her character from the comics, though.

keg in kc
11-24-2013, 10:52 AM
How's Summer Glau doing? From what I read, she's getting a chance to play something other than a damaged crazy girl. I'm not familiar with her character from the comics, though.She's done okay. It is a different character, but she still seems pretty limited in range. At least so far. Instead of 'crazy summer glau' she seems like 'angry summer glau' with a bit of 'lonely summer glau' thrown in a couple weeks ago. If that makes any sense.

She actually had a different sort of role on Alphas on SyFy, too. I thought she was better there, a bit more subtle, but it took some time to get her to that point. Maybe the same happens on Arrow.

journeyscarab
12-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Dang it...just finished Season 1. LOVE THIS SHOW! Better than Agents of Shield, though Arrow gets soap opera-ish from time to time. CW doesnt have the first two episodes for free viewing so I may have to buy off of Amazon. Great, great show! Can't wait to dig into Season 2!

Radar Chief
12-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Jujitsu Instructor buddy was talking up this show so I caught the first season on Net Flix and started DVRing the second season. Problem is I started on season 2 about 6 episodes in so Iím still a little behind.

Bump
12-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Dang it...just finished Season 1. LOVE THIS SHOW! Better than Agents of Shield, though Arrow gets soap opera-ish from time to time. CW doesnt have the first two episodes for free viewing so I may have to buy off of Amazon. Great, great show! Can't wait to dig into Season 2!

it definitely gets a bit like a soap opera at times. But ya, it's still a very good show. All of the hot women helps too.

journeyscarab
12-04-2013, 07:07 PM
it definitely gets a bit like a soap opera at times. But ya, it's still a very good show. All of the hot women helps too.

True.

Guru
12-05-2013, 07:58 AM

one was sorely missing this week.

Silock
12-05-2013, 08:41 AM
one was sorely missing this week.

Thea and Felicity more than made up for it. HOLY SHIT.

Radar Chief
12-06-2013, 04:41 PM
So if Jr. CSI is lying about his job and there are no "similar cases" how did he know to head straight for the missing centrifuge?

Silock
12-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Because Barry Allen is The Flash?

Radar Chief
12-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Because Barry Allen is The Flash?

? You lost me.

keg in kc
12-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Thought that was a pretty effective finale, although I'm not sure how I feel about Slade as the 2nd half big bad.

It does make sense, they set it up well, I just hadn't envisioned him as a mastermind, more of a direct guy.

Tribal Warfare
12-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Thought that was a pretty effective finale, although I'm not sure how I feel about Slade as the 2nd half big bad.

It does make sense, they set it up well, I just hadn't envisioned him as a mastermind, more of a direct guy.

Oliver can't beat him, hell Batman couldn't alone.

keg in kc
12-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Oliver can't beat him, hell Batman couldn't alone.I meant in terms of the show mythology established so far. They'll have to do some things to establish his intellect.

Silock
12-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Cheesiest episode yet. I just can't take Crixus seriously.

Guru
01-16-2014, 04:52 AM
What the hell did Laurel do to her face? Looks like everything was pulled back.

journeyscarab
01-16-2014, 08:07 PM

Yeah she's got that reptile look going on. Someone mentioned she got surgery over the summer. I would think she's a bit young for that already.

Ragged Robin
01-16-2014, 09:23 PM
I've been following this show because I'm more or less a DC fan (though I hate what they've done with the reboot). I've always found it really lame that they made Ollie Batman-lite and not only that, specifically NOLAN-batman-lite. The mid-season finale in December got me pumped but it seems like the only great episodes that get the ball rolling have actual comic book writers involved (Geoff Johns) and the rest are pretty soap opera/mediocre/bleh. I like how they've starting shipping Ollie and Felicity though. The whole Roy/Thea/kids arc is really annoying.. there's a lot of dead weight characters on the show like Diggle whose soul purpose is to be morale support and say stuff like "well back when I was in the military.." and of course Laurel whose been really useless since the start of the season.

I think she just lost a lot of weight.

listopencil
01-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Thea and Felicity more than made up for it. HOLY SHIT.

So...does Thea have a speech impediment?

Guru
01-16-2014, 11:04 PM
I've been following this show because I'm more or less a DC fan (though I hate what they've done with the reboot). I've always found it really lame that they made Ollie Batman-lite and not only that, specifically NOLAN-batman-lite. The mid-season finale in December got me pumped but it seems like the only great episodes that get the ball rolling have actual comic book writers involved (Geoff Johns) and the rest are pretty soap opera/mediocre/bleh. I like how they've starting shipping Ollie and Felicity though. The whole Roy/Thea/kids arc is really annoying.. there's a lot of dead weight characters on the show like Diggle whose soul purpose is to be morale support and say stuff like "well back when I was in the military.." and of course Laurel whose been really useless since the start of the season.

I think she just lost a lot of weight.
that weight must have all come off of her face. She looks a ton like Kim Raver now. Its distracting.

She was prettier before.

Guru
01-16-2014, 11:05 PM
So...does Thea have a speech impediment?

Who cares. Felicity was Smoakin

journeyscarab
01-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Watched last night episode. Eh, they're starting to go past believable. Parts of the claw are embeded in the prisoners body and he pulls them out like its nothing? Come on.

Also, mom is running for mayor?? The ex-husband returns to run her campaign after the way their marriage ended? This felt like a filler episode and a bit soap-opera-ie.

Meanwhile...we've seen nothing from Barry Allen in Central City.

Ragged Robin
01-30-2014, 07:58 PM
The show is really bad except for the few episodes that actual comic book writers are in charge of (like the mid-season finale). Diggles and Laurel have gone beyond useless in this show and have absolutely no role.

I laughed out loud during one of his typical worthless scenes.

"You know, Roy, Slade, some guys I served with, some people are just broken. *hands Ollie his ringing cell phone that was 2 feet in front of him anyways*"

ROFL

You can count on the writers to have him say something generic about his time as a Marine and then do something pointless just for the sake of giving him screen time because.. he exists. They looked like they were setting him up as an actual partner who could fight along side him sometimes back in Season 1 due to his experience/training.. then he just turned out to have no role at all. And don't get me started on Laurel.. jeez.

keg in kc
01-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Last night was a setup episode, putting everything in place for the latter portion of the season. It wasn't great, but it had its moments, and I like where I think they're going.

I don't believe Barry Allen shows up again this year. I remember reading something about that a few weeks back, and how we won't be seeing him again until the Flash series.

Silock
01-31-2014, 02:53 AM
Blah episode. This show sucks now. WAY sucks.

Guru
01-31-2014, 05:46 AM
Blah episode. This show sucks now. WAY sucks.

you think everything sucks tonight.

Silock
01-31-2014, 03:02 PM
I can only take so much seething Roy and dumbass Laurel.

listopencil
01-31-2014, 06:54 PM

It was always walking a very fine line. I enjoyed it enough to watch the first season. It just barely managed to wind it's way through the cheesiness, and kept most of the characters just barley compelling enough, that I was entertained. I found the Roy story arch to be annoying and stupid. I was hoping that they were either going to move away from it in the second season or resolve it quickly.

Guru
01-31-2014, 07:11 PM

I don't understand what they are tyring to accomplish with Laurel at all. she was a good character in the first year but now she is just a waste.

Frosty
02-04-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm not a DC fan so I'm not up on this stuff. What squad was that lady forming at the end and who was the 2nd rate Wolverine rip-off?

Frosty
02-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Never mind. I guess Google is my friend. It's the Suicide Squad, which I've never heard of before.

Ragged Robin
02-05-2014, 11:55 PM
lol this show is SOBAD. The Moira/Felicity scene.. "You can't tell him because, you like him and he'll hate you!" WHAT?? That doesn't even make any sense ROFL.

Also.. British actress with fake American accent (momma Lance) + American actress with fake made-up accent (Nyssa/Chick from Spartacus).. ugh. The actress who plays the new Sara.. super annoying.

aaaand has EVERY episode this season ended with Laurel being completely worthless? ROFL

journeyscarab
02-06-2014, 09:50 AM
And now Sara is gay, bi, confused? Was that a necessary storyline? Looks like the writers are going to start adding in storylines that didn't exist in the comics?

NTTATWWT!

BigChiefTablet
02-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Yeah, it's going downhill unfortunately. I guess we shouldn't expect the CW to be something significantly different than what they are — Teeny-bopper TV.

Kinda depressing though. Season one was pretty solid for the most part.

Guru
02-06-2014, 04:12 PM
And now Sara is gay, bi, confused? Was that a necessary storyline? Looks like the writers are going to start adding in storylines that didn't exist in the comics?

NTTATWWT!

Seems like a hollywood requirement now. More and more shows are throwing the gay and lesbian couples in.

keg in kc
02-06-2014, 08:04 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, because I'm greatly enjoying this season, and the direction they've taken basically everyone.

Guru
02-06-2014, 08:19 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, because I'm greatly enjoying this season, and the direction they've taken basically everyone.

As a season I have enjoyed it but I also can see why others are put off by it.

Tribal Warfare
02-21-2014, 11:23 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3HjZAQNkosw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
03-06-2014, 05:06 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/56Juouq9Jmg?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guru
03-06-2014, 05:31 AM
NICE

Javabean
03-06-2014, 11:46 AM
I haven't seen any of season 2 yet, and I know a lot of you are down on it, but that trailer looks awesome.

keg in kc
03-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Season 2 has been fine.

Fruit Ninja
03-20-2014, 03:29 AM
i just got into this show over the weekend and holy crap is it good. Im loving this show. Im not even into superheroes and what not. Ive never been a big fan, but this is good.

Radar Chief
03-20-2014, 09:40 AM
i just got into this show over the weekend and holy crap is it good. Im loving this show. Im not even into superheroes and what not. Ive never been a big fan, but this is good.

It's alright. Iíve been recording and watch every episode, sometimes the drama gets tedious but the action is OK.
I donít get much of the conversation on this topic though because I have picked up very few comics in my life.

Silock
03-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Last night's episode was awful.

Fruit Ninja
03-20-2014, 03:37 PM
It's alright. Iíve been recording and watch every episode, sometimes the drama gets tedious but the action is OK.
I donít get much of the conversation on this topic though because I have picked up very few comics in my life.

First thing i understand with a tv show is, what are the producers going with it. I know its never going to be an award winner, its based off a comic book. Its going to be a little cheesy and unbelievable. Once i get that through my thick head, i can enjoy it. The "drama" part doesnt bother me as my neighbor and her daughters made me get over that shit a long time ago. Plus, i understand they need that shit for the female audience as well.

Then again i do this for alot of tv shows and it allows me to enjoy them. If i want my super serious award writing/acting shows, i know where to watch those too.

I loved the fact we got a little Harley Quinn part (same chick that does the the Batman Video games). We got a quick introduction to who the flash is (previous Episodes). Then did the Suicide Squad was a cool touch then at the end of yesterdays Episode we got Deathstroke in his full gear (yeah we know who he is already, still awesome).

This is by far the best Comic adapted show and i dont think its even close after Arrow.

P.S Felicity Smoak is fucking beautiful. lol

Fruit Ninja
03-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Last night's episode was awful.

Hell no, it was cool Suicide Squad complete with Harley Quinn (used the voice that does the arkham video games)bad ass. We got Deathstroke thats going to be the main bad guy for the end of the season run.

It was pretty badass for me. *shrug*

Silock
03-20-2014, 03:52 PM
The SS didn't really do anything. Quinn's cameo was all of 2 seconds and Deathstrokes reveal wasn't until the end. I was bored. Nothing really happened. Filler episode with a couple of introductions.

keg in kc
03-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Setup episode but I liked it. Good seeing some diggle flashbacks as a change-of-pace.

Ragged Robin
03-20-2014, 08:15 PM
The SS didn't really do anything. Quinn's cameo was all of 2 seconds and Deathstrokes reveal wasn't until the end. I was bored. Nothing really happened. Filler episode with a couple of introductions.

This. The whole arc with Ollie was just awful. DURR I'M EMO OH WAIT NO I'M NOT BECAUSE WE LOVE EACHOTHER!! The whole Diggle/Suicide Squad.. pointless. Just spinning the tires.

The whole season is based on Ollie's decision to step in front of Sarah instead of Shadow and then Slade blaming Ollie for Shadow's death. Doesn't even make sense but then they have the "well.. mirakuru makes you go crazy so it doesn't have to make sense" argument to fall back on but it's still a pretty weak foundation.. but then again the whole Slade/Shadow shipper thing didn't EVER translate to anything to begin with so even the basic premise doesn't even hold ROFL

Fruit Ninja
03-20-2014, 09:51 PM
The Suicide Squad part was not useless at all. It shows a way to bring the Suicide Squad together for future episodes even the voice over cameo for Harley Quinn, they set it up perfect for the future. they introduce Wendell (think that was her name) lol. Im not to familiar with the DC Universe but from reviews and other forums i visit this was what i gathered.

Guru
03-20-2014, 10:51 PM
For the most part it was a throwaway episode but I liked getting a little more background on Diggle. I'm not disappointed in this season in the least.

Radar Chief
03-21-2014, 09:14 AM
The "drama" part doesnt bother me as my neighbor and her daughters made me get over that shit a long time ago.

LMAO :thumb:

I loved the fact we got a little Harley Quinn part (same chick that does the the Batman Video games). We got a quick introduction to who the flash is (previous Episodes). Then did the Suicide Squad was a cool touch then at the end of yesterdays Episode we got Deathstroke in his full gear (yeah we know who he is already, still awesome).

See, this is what Iím talking about. I donít know who any of these people are.
Only reason I understand the Flash bit is because I asked about it here, and got a rather sarcastic, dismissive answer so I quit trying to discuss the show.

P.S Felicity Smoak is ****ing beautiful. lol

Got that right. :thumb:

BigChiefTablet
03-21-2014, 09:16 AM
This. The whole arc with Ollie was just awful. DURR I'M EMO OH WAIT NO I'M NOT BECAUSE WE LOVE EACHOTHER!! The whole Diggle/Suicide Squad.. pointless. Just spinning the tires.

The whole season is based on Ollie's decision to step in front of Sarah instead of Shadow and then Slade blaming Ollie for Shadow's death. Doesn't even make sense but then they have the "well.. mirakuru makes you go crazy so it doesn't have to make sense" argument to fall back on but it's still a pretty weak foundation.. but then again the whole Slade/Shadow shipper thing didn't EVER translate to anything to begin with so even the basic premise doesn't even hold ROFL

Pretty much agree with most of that, but kinda dug the suicide squad bit. Probably because I used to read the Suicide Squad Comic back in the 80s. Also a big fan of Deathstroke, but could do with less emo angst and more kickass.

Fruit Ninja
03-21-2014, 03:27 PM
From what i been able to gather and reading various blogs/forums/videoblogs we are going to get alot more suicide squad coming either this year or early next year and they will more then likely include Harley Quinn. I love that because for 1, she's gonna be hot and batshit insane.

The comicbook crowd is absolutely going nuts over this show.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DuVl6irjRJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fruit Ninja
03-21-2014, 03:51 PM
See, this is what Iím talking about. I donít know who any of these people are.
Only reason I understand the Flash bit is because I asked about it here, and got a rather sarcastic, dismissive answer so I quit trying to discuss the show.

im going to try to explain all that as it happens in future episodes. Im learning the DC universe as the episodes go on. I do a bit of digging for info on why these people are even on the show. For me a great start was a thread on neogaf.com its got like 200 pages for season 2 alot of them dudes explain stuff. I found the youtube link of a guy explaining things as well on there. It really is a comic nerds orgasm watching this stuff unfold.

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=692533

That link is the neogaf thread. IT helps alot

keg in kc
03-21-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm no comic book guy, but I have watched tons and tons of dc animated stuff going back to the early 90s. Probably part of the reason I like this show.

Ragged Robin
03-21-2014, 08:34 PM
The comicbook crowd is absolutely going nuts over this show.

Yes. Nuts that it's a really horrendous depiction of Green Arrow and the DCU.

Fruit Ninja
03-21-2014, 09:11 PM

from each their own, but from what i have seen starting with thethread i posted, its overall a big positive reaction. If you dont like it, then well, thats your problem i guess. Im enjuoying it. lol

Valiant
03-21-2014, 10:23 PM

Why? Because they tried to make it as realistic to reality as opposed to comic book reality?

As long as it does not go the smallville route, it should do great.. Man that show sucked mid seasons all the way to the end.

Ragged Robin
03-21-2014, 11:05 PM
Why? Because they tried to make it as realistic to reality as opposed to comic book reality?

As long as it does not go the smallville route, it should do great.. Man that show sucked mid seasons all the way to the end.

You find Arrow realistic? LMAO Realistically shite. It's a pretentious circus mashup between Nolan's Batman universe and Nu52 with trademark CW emo teen drama stamped on its forehead. It's a horrendous depiction of the DCU because they took a well established Golden Age character and shit all over him in attempt to make him Batman-lite with every episode featuring a Batman associated character.

Simply Red
03-22-2014, 12:12 AM
I'm about 3 miles from The CW station.

Valiant
03-22-2014, 12:13 AM
Umm, Arrow was darker and edgier than batman for quite a while before nolan batman. It is better so far than most other comic tv series..

What do you want him running around campy golden age like in bright green? Or do you want to give him a british accent and give money to the poor?

As for villians, his are shit. It is smart of them to at least bring in greater known villians, especially since they will probably never be a serious live action batman series..

But since you seem to be a know it all, tell me how you would rather the series be and what villains of his you want?

Ragged Robin
03-22-2014, 12:37 AM
Umm, Arrow was darker and edgier than batman for quite a while before nolan batman.

Um. Wut. The first season of Arrow came out like 4 months AFTER the LAST Nolan movie.

It is better so far than most other comic tv series..

Probably. That's not saying much.

What do you want him running around campy golden age like in bright green? Or do you want to give him a british accent and give money to the poor?

I don't give a shit about what he wears, though the makeup was a bad look before and not a fan of the long sleeves. I'd rather him act like, you know, Oliver Queen instead of a watered down version of Nolan's already whiney rendition of Bruce Wayne. You don't have to be a pathetic emo bitch to be "dark and gritty." Ollie is no stranger to murder and remorse but how he deals with it is the opposite of Bruce.

As for villians, his are shit. It is smart of them to at least bring in greater known villians, especially since they will probably never be a serious live action batman series..

His villians are shit, except for Merlyn and Count Vertigo (who in this series is a blatant ripoff of Heath Ledger's Joker--coincidence?), but it gets old when they rewrite every single Batman associated character to revolve around "Arrow," even the more obscure ones. They already introduced Barry Allen, why not dig through his rogue gallery to tie in with the spinoff show when it rolls around? There are plenty worthy villians in the DCU that don't require being taken from the Batverse. Even the ones they did aren't exactly "mainstream" or "well known" so what's the point other than blatantly taking the position of "well since we couldn't get the Batman license, let's just make Arrow as close to Batman as possible."

Valiant
03-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Comic wise Green Arrow has been dark a while, attributing it to nolan is stupid. It is smart to stay away from anything from 90s to golden age...

Outside of deathstroke his villains have been lame, but guess what? His villains in the comics are worse..

Ragged Robin
03-23-2014, 10:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gyrqAyD.jpg

buddha
03-24-2014, 10:36 AM
The new season is BORING.

Mecca
03-24-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't think I've seen ragged robin have anything positive to say about anything comic movie or show related.

He's one of the comic book readers who wishes it hadn't gone mainstream is my guess. There are people like that for every type of entertainment.

Cmd'r&Chief
03-24-2014, 11:21 AM
The new season is BORING.

Yep, bringing Sarah back as a regular was a retarded choice. It ruined the present day story, and the island story.

Fruit Ninja
03-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Yep, bringing Sarah back as a regular was a retarded choice. It ruined the present day story, and the island story.

in the comic's sarah dies from what i have gathered, so that may happen by seasons end

Cmd'r&Chief
03-24-2014, 06:39 PM
in the comic's sarah dies from what i have gathered, so that may happen by seasons end

Let's hope so. I think there has been too much story line dedicated to her. That with combination of Arrow going soft, this season just hasn't been as suspenseful or exciting.

Ragged Robin
03-24-2014, 08:15 PM

She doesn't exist in the comics. Neither does Laurel. Both are made up characters (ala "Rachel" or "Blake" in the Nolan movies) who only exist in this show. CW has already publicly said that they intended for Laurel to become Canary--but this was in Season 1 before Sarah came back so maybe they changed directions and brought Sarah back for this purpose instead.

Fruit Ninja
03-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Good episode lastnight. Next week should be a good showdown with Deathstroke. oNly parts i didnt care for was Laurel looking right at Sara with a tiny mask over her eyes and not recognizing her own sister, but its a comic book tv show so i can let that go. The fight Season with Black Canary and The Huntress was pretty badass.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iD2koUhnk1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like this dudes recap, he does alot of explaining on things.

Fruit Ninja
03-27-2014, 04:32 PM
lol Pretty funny Felicity says all kinds of sexual shit. didnt realize it was that much.haha

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/InwKghcK7jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guru
03-27-2014, 04:40 PM
lol Pretty funny Felicity says all kinds of sexual ****. didnt realize it was that much.haha

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/InwKghcK7jw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>How could you NOT notice? She does that all the time and they make it very obvious what she is doing.

Fruit Ninja
03-27-2014, 05:06 PM
I know she did it but to that point. It'salot

Ragged Robin
03-27-2014, 08:28 PM
Ollie expanding the bat (arrow) family. I just realized that Diggle IS Alfred. He's Ollie's driver and brings him his uniform when he's away.. ROFL

keg in kc
03-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Here's your harley quinn, which we never really got to see:

http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram.com/b40caa2eb79711e3909d1254357a3f19_8.jpg

frankotank
03-31-2014, 03:14 PM
Yo Yo MA!
I haven't seen one episode of this show....but I'm looking for something to start watching and the wife mentioned this. didn't want to read everything due to spoilage.
is this a good show?

keg in kc
03-31-2014, 03:31 PM
You'll get a variety of answers to that. I think it's pretty good, myself. Perhaps the best live action comic book series to date.

frankotank
03-31-2014, 03:40 PM
You'll get a variety of answers to that. I think it's pretty good, myself. Perhaps the best live action comic book series to date.

cool. high praise. season 1 on netflix so....

there was a time long ago I kept up with smallville and thought it was pretty cool...but then I missed a couple seasons and just gave up.

NewChief
03-31-2014, 04:35 PM
cool. high praise. season 1 on netflix so....

there was a time long ago I kept up with smallville and thought it was pretty cool...but then I missed a couple seasons and just gave up.

I'm about halfway through the first season, and it's very enjoyable. I wish I wasn't simultaneously reading this thread (I'm horrible about doing this), because the negativity on here is somewhat dampening my enthusiasm for continuing the show.

Glad to see Keg continues to be positive.

Guru
03-31-2014, 09:01 PM
I'm about halfway through the first season, and it's very enjoyable. I wish I wasn't simultaneously reading this thread (I'm horrible about doing this), because the negativity on here is somewhat dampening my enthusiasm for continuing the show.

Glad to see Keg continues to be positive.Ignore the haters. This is absolutely one of my favorites.

Tribal Warfare
03-31-2014, 09:26 PM

Glad to see Keg continues to be positive.

hey, it's entertaining don't let comic book snobs ruin it for you

Fruit Ninja
04-01-2014, 03:04 AM
This show rocks! i love it! i got my neighbor and her daughters into it and now they are hounding me to watch season 2, since i have them on dvr still. lol

Also, im sure we will get to see Harley Quinn in this show. I read somewhere, that we will get alot more suicide squad episodes and well, she's part of the suicide squad.

unlurking
04-01-2014, 06:35 AM
I like how someone put it earlier, the "CW Drama". I didn't know how else to explain it, but yeah, that's pretty much much my problem with it. Overly dark (set), overly brooding, overly emo. Season 1 had potential, but it's just gone all too tight jean on me.

I guess I like the Disney princess vibe better. ;)

I really tried to like it. It does have hot chicks, so that's a plus. I finally gave up a couple of months ago. I am glad it's popular though, so maybe they'll make more comic book shows.

keg in kc
04-01-2014, 07:02 AM
It is dark, with most of the action occurring at night, and he is involved with a variety of the female characters, but I don't really see any of it as "broody" or "emo". I think the relationships are handled in a fairly mature/adult way, as opposed to the teen angst that (I assume, since I've never watched) you would see on shows like Vampire Diaries. It's certainly not Smallville in that regard.

There is the struggle with killing after Tommy died, but I think that's an integral part of the development of the character, and the struggle with darkness/evil within that's been a core element of the show since the beginning.

unlurking
04-01-2014, 08:18 AM
You don't think Ollie is broody? Wow. That's like his schtick as I see it. The whole show is about him and his ability to handle/hide his emotions. All his friends treat the guy with kid gloves in case he explodes in a tortured and painful release of emotions. Every episode felt like I was just waiting for the moment he would break into tears, drop to his knees, and howl into the wind at the futility of it all. Ugh.

After Captain Jack took off, I was left with hoping Dresden could revive things with just some plain old rage vengeance, but instead got an alcoholic Laurel.

keg in kc
04-01-2014, 08:27 AM
Captain Jack never took off

Ragged Robin
04-01-2014, 10:14 AM
You don't think Ollie is broody? Wow. That's like his schtick as I see it. The whole show is about him and his ability to handle/hide his emotions. All his friends treat the guy with kid gloves in case he explodes in a tortured and painful release of emotions. Every episode felt like I was just waiting for the moment he would break into tears, drop to his knees, and howl into the wind at the futility of it all. Ugh.

This. It's without fault in every episode where he gets broody and emo and borderline breaks down in tears which is the exact opposite of how Ollie is supposed to be. I honestly prefer Smallville's version. He was closer to what he's supposed to be and came on the show as like a mysterious James Bond who had his own issues but was still upbeat as opposed to Arrow's downtrodden and emotionally repressed version. In Smallville they were able to hit on all the same beats with Ollie (heart break, drugs, murder) without having it completely way down the character.

NewChief
04-02-2014, 08:27 AM
I'm still liking this show quite a bit (just watched the one where his sister wrecked her car on her 18th).

My main issue is that I find the island storyline much more compelling and interesting than the city storyline. The island is just so interesting. I like all the mystery they build, but I'm worried that once the mystery is revealed (how the Black Archer got trained, how/if he's related to the island, WTF is actually going on at the island), then the show will lose some of its appeal.

keg in kc
04-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Without spoiling too much, the Island storyline is still ongoing and looks nowhere close to done. Although for me it's maybe begun to get a little tedious.

NewChief
04-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Without spoiling too much, the Island storyline is still ongoing and looks nowhere close to done. Although for me it's maybe begun to get a little tedious.

I can see that as well. In that the initial "mystery" will be revealed then the writers try to go all Lost/Xfiles with it and jump the share in their efforts to keep the storyline going beyond when it should be wrapped up.

keg in kc
04-02-2014, 09:25 AM
I think they've handled the Island mostly well to this point. No let down yet.

Mecca
04-02-2014, 10:07 AM
I enjoy this show quite a bit. I really don't get all the bitching.

BigChiefTablet
04-02-2014, 04:06 PM
I enjoy this show quite a bit. I really don't get all the bitching.

I have bitched a little in this thread, but I still really enjoy the show. Occasionally it gets a little too drama Queen (see what I did there?), but it's one of only 3 shows I actually make time to watch.

keg in kc
04-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Tonight's episode should be a big one.

Fruit Ninja
04-03-2014, 02:22 AM
Great episode. Shit is going to hell and everyone is mad at everyone. Well for the most part lol. Deathstroke causing havoc

keg in kc
04-03-2014, 09:44 AM
I didn't expect him to tell Laurel that at the end, that's just twisting the knife after what he told Thea. Which I thought was a great setup, as well, making it sound like it would be about Oliver when it was about her paternity, even though that was what I suspected he'd tell her.

Laurel in the DA's office could be a real problem for Ollie now.

So much set up now. Quentin in prison because of Oliver. He knows the Black Canary's identity and Laurel knows the Arrow's, so will they tell each other?. Thea's revelation opens the door for the return of Malcolm Merlyn. Roy's gone. Deathstroke's building a mirakuru army. Queen Consolidated's in Deathstroke's hands. What's going to happen with the election (my theory is that Moira Queen doesn't survive the season)? And Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad are still waiting in the wings (remember Oliver asked her for help with Deathstroke).

Ragged Robin
04-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Telling Laurel seems inconsequential. If she's been so ignorant to it despite it being so obvious up to this point then why should she believe a creepy abductor who's wanted by the cops? Emo Roy is getting pretty annoying and I hope he gets a costume soon because he looks ridiculous in his jeans and hoodie next to Arrow and Canary ROFL

BigChiefTablet
04-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Telling Laurel seems inconsequential. If she's been so ignorant to it despite it being so obvious up to this point then why should she believe a creepy abductor who's wanted by the cops? Emo Roy is getting pretty annoying and I hope he gets a costume soon because he looks ridiculous in his jeans and hoodie next to Arrow and Canary ROFL

Laurel didn't recognize her own sister when she was wearing a party mask. i mean, I guess you have to just look past shit like that when Superman's disguise is a pair of glasses, but it always bugs me nonetheless.

keg in kc
04-03-2014, 03:17 PM
They actually did a smart thing with Sara the first time Laurel saw her as Black Canary: when they were on the floor behind the desk, Sara's hair was hanging down over her face the whole time.

Always appreciate small gestures like that, help to suspend disbelief just a little bit more, as unrealistic as the situation may be. Ditto for the voice modulator.

keg in kc
04-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Oh my...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JxSBWa2zM0k?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And for all the people bitching how it's just batman, the company takeover last week kills that. We get to see how he operates without mountains of cash now. Or at least without mountains of legal Queen cash. Maybe the Solntsevskaya Bratva will be involved, although I think he was booted out in the suicide squad episode.

Guru
04-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Awesome

Ragged Robin
04-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Oh my...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JxSBWa2zM0k?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And for all the people bitching how it's just batman, the company takeover last week kills that. We get to see how he operates without mountains of cash now. Or at least without mountains of legal Queen cash. Maybe the Solntsevskaya Bratva will be involved, although I think he was booted out in the suicide squad episode.

Did you not watch the last Nolan film?

keg in kc
04-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Good setup tonight for the final 4.

unlurking
04-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Did you not watch the last Nolan film?

ROFL

Fruit Ninja
04-17-2014, 01:05 AM
They just keep pissing off deathstroke more and more. haha

Silock
04-17-2014, 01:14 AM
Much better episode tonight.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2014, 01:19 AM
They just keep pissing off deathstroke more and more. haha

He's going to terminate some motherfuckers

Fruit Ninja
04-17-2014, 03:14 AM
wow, apparently the 2 people inside the star lab are 2 people from the Flash TV show they are doing. They are doing a little pre show crossover and that dude they talked about being in a coma is the "Flash".

Awesome.

Guru
04-17-2014, 04:29 AM
wow, apparently the 2 people inside the star lab are 2 people from the Flash TV show they are doing. They are doing a little pre show crossover and that dude they talked about being in a coma is the "Flash".

Awesome.
The girl is the same person who played the daughter on No Ordinary Family.

keg in kc
04-17-2014, 03:06 PM

Awesome.Vibe and Killer Frost according to what I read yesterday. Which seemed kind of squirrely based on their actions in the episode (not very villainy).

Fruit Ninja
04-17-2014, 03:46 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G1m4EFuXO9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2014, 07:31 PM
The girl is the same person who played the daughter on No Ordinary Family.

she was also Penny the Ava's prison mate that was killed off on Justified

keg in kc
04-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Didn't see that coming. At least not yet.

Silock
04-24-2014, 01:05 AM
So . . . THAT happened.

Guru
04-24-2014, 01:12 AM
THAT was a hell of an episode.

keg in kc
04-24-2014, 01:28 AM
It made perfect sense, as soon as I saw the blurry kneeling figure as Oliver's vision began to clear it was was like oh shit, Slade's doing the island choice with his mom and sister. And there was no way Thea was going to die. But still, damn.

They did a great job with that, didn't telegraph it at all (showing Blood pissed-off was a nice touch), made it look like things were going to start getting better then bam. Mom's dead.

I assume when Sara said she was going to go see an old friend she meant Slade, guess we'll see how that plays out. Maybe she's Ravager's first kill or something. And I assume Slade was talking about her (Sara) when he said he had one more person to kill.

I've thought part of the reason for the mirakuru cure was so Oliver could save Slade in the end. Don't see that happening now. Maybe they do something goofy like Sara convincing him not to do it as she dies.

(Yes, I still assume she dies, Laurel has to get into the Black Canary costume somehow - although I expect that to be a slow process).

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2014, 03:36 AM
Wow, that was great episode. CW is kicking ass with this good tv. Im loving it! Brutal ending wow.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5mPe8JW5c2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fruit Ninja
05-08-2014, 02:29 PM
wow, is this show just getting better and better. Love Felicity running that bitch over! well, ok hit her with the car. lol

Next weeks episode looks really good. Just Mad Chaos.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/anZoY-MnIX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
05-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Yeah, they've really done a great job this season.

keg in kc
05-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Not a surprise, but the Flash series got a fall pickup.

Ragged Robin
05-08-2014, 11:33 PM
I'm glad things are finally moving, if anything this show at least knows how to go out in a bang. I wish Canary didn't wear a wig in costume.. her hair is already blonde it just looks weird lol. I doubt Meryln can die that easily.

Fruit Ninja
05-08-2014, 11:41 PM
i dont think she even shot Merlyn. There had to be something behind him or that damn miracuru dude came back to lfie lol

Guru
05-09-2014, 12:24 AM
Not a surprise, but the Flash series got a fall pickup.

There is talk of a Wonder Woman series on CW in Fall 2015 too.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2014, 12:27 AM
CW needs to corner the market on DC. This might be a good chance for them to get out from under the pits. lol They have some quality shows now days.

Valiant
05-09-2014, 12:57 AM
CW needs to corner the market on DC. This might be a good chance for them to get out from under the pits. lol They have some quality shows now days.

I do not think DC wants that. All their eggs in one basket.

I agree, they have done a great job. Imagine, this is what the sci fi channel should have been.

Silock
05-09-2014, 01:02 AM
That was a good season finale. I still hate the beginning of this season, but the last few episodes, they've really stepped their game up.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2014, 01:28 AM
That was a good season finale. I still hate the beginning of this season, but the last few episodes, they've really stepped their game up.

thats not the season finale, there is one more.

Silock
05-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Really? Felt like one. Even better.

keg in kc
05-13-2014, 10:49 AM
<script src="http://www.springboardplatform.com/js/overlay"></script><iframe id="sotv044_926131" src="http://cms.springboardplatform.com/embed_iframe/677/video/926131/sotv044/Spoilertv.com/10/1/" width="452" height="410" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Hays
05-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Should be a good finale.

keg in kc
05-14-2014, 11:42 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rnXsnR-2AvU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guru
05-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Great finale. Glad they didn't do any cliffhanger.

Valiant
05-15-2014, 02:07 AM
My only beef, quit having him fall in love with every female. Makes him come off as a bitch.

Guru
05-15-2014, 02:10 AM
My only beef, quit having him fall in love with every female. Makes him come off as a bitch.

He didn't fall in love with her. He just said that to lure in Deathstroke.

Fruit Ninja
05-15-2014, 02:21 AM
Honestly i think the only chick he ever really loved is/was Laurel. Sara was just convenience. He might have cared for her, but i dont think that was love.

Felicity i think he does like, but he's just holding back. lol

keg in kc
05-15-2014, 10:17 AM
He didn't fall in love with her. He just said that to lure in Deathstroke.Yep. They made it so clear that it almost descended into "subtle like a hammer" territory, with flashbacks to the cameras he knew were there and to putting the syringe in her hand and then having them talk about it on the island at the end. Made it clear as day that they have a working relationship, which is a good thing on a show like this, to have males and females who don't automatically and instantly fall into bed together.

keg in kc
05-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Pretty neat:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The story board for Arrow Ep. 2x22…. <a href="http://t.co/VIUhg0LBR1">pic.twitter.com/VIUhg0LBR1</a></p>&mdash; Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) <a href="https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/statuses/466778575962923008">May 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Valiant
05-15-2014, 12:38 PM
He didn't fall in love with her. He just said that to lure in Deathstroke.

I believed that until the end.

then add every other main female that has shown up.

NewChief
05-15-2014, 01:07 PM
I believed that until the end.

then add every other main female that has shown up.

I think he just likes tapping dat ass.

Fruit Ninja
05-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Yep. They made it so clear that it almost descended into "subtle like a hammer" territory, with flashbacks to the cameras he knew were there and to putting the syringe in her hand and then having them talk about it on the island at the end. Made it clear as day that they have a working relationship, which is a good thing on a show like this, to have males and females who don't automatically and instantly fall into bed together.

Thats only because Oliver doesnt want it. Felicity has already told him how she feels about him. Its not a big secret.

keg in kc
05-15-2014, 03:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Arrow&amp;src=hash">#Arrow</a> has a new series regular. <a href="https://twitter.com/Team_Barrowman">@Team_Barrowman</a> --

What could go wrong?!?! <a href="http://t.co/VgFQdQhKNq">pic.twitter.com/VgFQdQhKNq</a></p>&mdash; Stephen Amell (@amellywood) <a href="https://twitter.com/amellywood/statuses/466964915660816385">May 15, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>