PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV CSI Miami cancelled

Al Bundy
05-19-2012, 08:13 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/05/csi-miami-canceled-by-cbs-so-long-horatio-caine-.html

Bad news for fans of David Caruso's laconic detective Horatio Caine: CBS has canceled "CSI: Miami" after 10 seasons.

In a statement Sunday morning, the network said: "'CSI: Miami' leaves an amazing television legacy — a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’ rise to the top over the past decade. We thank all the producers — led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue — and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for 10 outstanding seasons. Viewers around the world will continue to enjoy rebroadcasts of 'CSI: Miami' in syndication and on key digital platforms for many years to come."

The network will apparently leave intact the original "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," as well as the other spinoff, "CSI: NY." Still, the news marks the beginning of the end for one of TV's most successful franchises of the past decade. "CSI: Miami" had dealt with depressed ratings and sharply increased production costs in recent seasons.

What do you think of the final curtain for "CSI: Miami"?

I liked the Miami one better than the New York version.

Dayze
05-19-2012, 10:16 AM
well, the good news is, there's still CSI Dalls, CSI Los Angeles, CSI New Orleans, CSI St.Louis....

Gonzo
05-19-2012, 10:28 AM
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=david%20caruso%20one%20liners#/watch?v=GeeyWvo1rNg

Worst show ever. Caruso's acting was laughable. Did he actually ever solve a case or was he just there for decoration?

Nzoner
05-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Law and order SVU>>>>>>>CSI anything

Deberg_1990
05-19-2012, 12:56 PM
You don't cancel David Caruso. David Caruso cancels you.

KcMizzou
05-19-2012, 01:49 PM
You don't cancel David Caruso. David Caruso cancels you.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW3G7mmvuqASxgoca9CzkvU2p4gsw_nB5-UGDef46v4RL9WqiJsvTddD2RUQ

Crush
05-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Where's Ted McGinley?

Crush
05-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Off topic and different network, but if NBC cancels Grimm I will literally shit on their fucking faces. I will eat Domino's Pizza beforehand to ensure that it is both runny and putrid.

Guru
05-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Off topic and different network, but if NBC cancels Grimm I will literally shit on their ****ing faces. I will eat Domino's Pizza beforehand to ensure that it is both runny and putrid.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/grimm-season-two-22474/

keg in kc
05-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Off topic and different network, but if NBC cancels Grimm I will literally shit on their ****ing faces. I will eat Domino's Pizza beforehand to ensure that it is both runny and putrid.Grimm was renewed weeks ago. We'll see how it does during season 2.

Okie_Apparition
05-19-2012, 03:09 PM
I liked the Las Vegas & Mark Harmon shows
Miami was like an over glossy plastic laminate dog turd

Agent V
05-20-2012, 09:41 AM
http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/526CSI.jpg

Frazod
05-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Caruso always struck me as a douche. I remember Dane's story about him, which confirmed it. Never watched the show, won't ever watch anything he's on.

DaFace
05-20-2012, 11:36 AM
I've never understood all the obsession with the CSI-type shows.

Frazod
05-20-2012, 11:45 AM
I've never understood all the obsession with the CSI-type shows.

I never watched the Miami one and have only watched a couple of the New York ones because the wife watches it (I like Sinise, but have tired on New York-based shows). The original was very entertaining at first, but it has long since jumped the shark. The most interesting characters were Grissom and Warwick, who are long gone, and the plots just get sillier with each passing season (again, the wife likes it, so I see the occasional episode).

Al Bundy
05-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Caruso always struck me as a douche. I remember Dane's story about him, which confirmed it. Never watched the show, won't ever watch anything he's on.

From what I had always heard that Caruso was an epic douche on NYPD Blue as well.

Al Bundy
05-20-2012, 01:32 PM
I never watched the Miami one and have only watched a couple of the New York ones because the wife watches it (I like Sinise, but have tired on New York-based shows). The original was very entertaining at first, but it has long since jumped the shark. The most interesting characters were Grissom and Warwick, who are long gone, and the plots just get sillier with each passing season (again, the wife likes it, so I see the occasional episode).

The regular CSI is better now with Ted Danson and Elizabeth Shue.

Deberg_1990
05-20-2012, 01:36 PM
I just could never get into any of the procedural shows on NBC or CBS...Law and Order, CSI, etc, etc, etc.....

They are all so cookie cutter.

Guru
05-20-2012, 02:19 PM
The regular CSI is better now with Ted Danson and Elizabeth Shue.

agreed. It actually pulled me back in this year. They get out of all the emo BS and went back to what made the show good in the first place.

lcarus
05-20-2012, 05:28 PM
I just could never get into any of the procedural shows on NBC or CBS...Law and Order, CSI, etc, etc, etc.....

They are all so cookie cutter.

and there's sooooo damn many cop shows. It's absurd.

Deberg_1990
05-20-2012, 05:30 PM
and there's sooooo damn many cop shows. It's absurd.

Well, those have always been a staple of TV and they have their place. I prefer the serialized dramas like AMC or FX offers as opposed to the self contained episodes often seen on NBC and CBS.

Just personal taste.

Guru
05-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Well, those have always been a staple of TV and they have their place. I prefer the serialized dramas like AMC or FX offers as opposed to the self contained episodes often seen on NBC and CBS.

Just personal taste.

See. LOST burned me out on serialized crap. Give me self contained eps with the occassional 3-4 ep arc.

Frazod
05-20-2012, 06:11 PM
See. LOST burned me out on serialized crap. Give me self contained eps with the occassional 3-4 ep arc.

Star Trek Next Generation did a good job with that. They had numerous continuing story arcs, but didn't jam it down your throat every week.

Guru
05-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Star Trek Next Generation did a good job with that. They had numerous continuing story arcs, but didn't jam it down your throat every week.

They absolutely nailed it!

JD10367
05-21-2012, 09:57 AM
"Miami" has definitely gone downhill. I still watched it only because Caruso is unintentionally funny, and the women look good (Emily Procter, Eva La Rue in those tight white pants she always wears). But it was third to "Vegas" (which has definitely improved with Danson and Shue) and "NY" (I like Sinise's acting, and Sela Ward is a MILF).

The problem with "Vegas" was that they signed fucking Morphius and didn't let him be Morphius; no one enjoyed watching an overweight, wimpy Laurence Fishburne. I was, like, "Cool, Fishburne! He should be good! Ass-kicking, tough guy, on the edge..." And then this nerdy soft-spoken professor comes in and I was like, "What the fuck?" They tried to toughen his character up by letting him tangle with a serial killer but it was too little too late. ("Deep Space Nine" did the same thing to me. I thoroughly enjoyed Avery Brooks as Hawk on "Spenser: For Hire"; he nailed the character from the books perfectly. I heard he was signing on as a Starfleet officer in a new series, and I thought, "Cool, ass-kicking time!" Then I see this wimpy dad with testicle peachfuzz on his head, running a station like my boss runs a movie theater, and thought, "What the fuck?!?" Only when they let him shave his head did it release his Samson-like abilities and allow Sisko to be more of an ass-kicking cool character.)

WV
05-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Never liked this version of CSI anyway.

durtyrute
05-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Caruso was fucking horrible. I only saw a couple of episodes, but in everyone right after something would happen he would put on his sunglasses and say some corny ass line.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GeeyWvo1rNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
05-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Star Trek Next Generation did a good job with that. They had numerous continuing story arcs, but didn't jam it down your throat every week.I was actually just thinking about that a couple of nights ago. "I, Borg" was on, and it was the only episode out of a block on BBC america that I watched. It reminded me of how I was when the show was originally airing: I didn't really give a shit about any episode unless the Borg showed up. I would watch and enjoy the show, but it always seemed like a waste of time without the real bad guys.

X-Files was the same way for me. Always looked forward to the alien conspiracy episodes. Enjoyed the rest, but they felt like fluff.

Both of them are among my favorite series of all time, but even now, if I'm flipping channels, unless it's an episode that I remember being really good, I won't stop and watch unless I see the cigarette smoking man or the borg.

Aries Walker
05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Good riddance. His career should have stalled two Presidents ago.

Guru
05-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Caruso was ****ing horrible. I only saw a couple of episodes, but in everyone right after something would happen he would put on his sunglasses and say some corny ass line.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GeeyWvo1rNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn, when you see them in order like that... WTF were they thinking doing that every single week?

durtyrute
05-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Damn, when you see them in order like that... WTF were they thinking doing that every single week?

I'm not sure, but I saw that crap a couple of times and I was done.

Lzen
05-21-2012, 04:33 PM

This.