PDA

View Full Version : Elections Romney Meets With Rand Paul

Chocolate Hog
05-27-2012, 05:47 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/05/25/hmmm-romney-huddles-with-rand-paul-to-talk-policy/

BucEyedPea
05-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Saw that earlier on Salon, who speculates Mitt met with Rand because he's afraid of a challenged inside the party in 2016. Rand is more modulated than his father and would appeal to the R base ( conservatives ) more.

http://www.salon.com/2012/05/25/rand_paul%E2%80%99s_leverage_with_mitt/singleton/

Donger
05-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Meh. If Rand's FP is just as kooky as his dad's, I doubt that he'll have much better luck than did his father. I don't believe that it's the delivery of the message that turns so many people off, it's the message itself.

SNR
05-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Meh. If Rand's FP is just as kooky as his dad's, I doubt that he'll have much better luck than did his father. I don't believe that it's the delivery of the message that turns so many people off, it's the message itself.I mean, he wants to cut some defense spending. Is that okay?

Donger
05-27-2012, 07:58 PM
I mean, he wants to cut some defense spending. Is that okay?

Sure, that's fine.

Dave Lane
05-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Maybe Romney thought he was at a comedy club?

Dave Lane
05-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Because I'm sure if Romney's anything like me he has to have laughed his ass off every time he listens to RP1 or RP2 because basically they're insanely funny, or it that stupid I get confused?

BucEyedPea
05-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Rand's message is also not the same as his father's either Donger....that was the point. Not just the tone of voice. Geesh!
I mean Rand and Paul's voice tone isn't divergent from each other. It's the message. Rand is not as libertarian as his dad. He's more conservative...this appeals to the base more.

You should check your facts. If Romney governs as a progressive, then Rand could put some dents in that which is a good thing for this country. It's not just Paul folks that are upset with spending. it's other conservatives too. If you read the Salon link, you'd see the fear is based on what conservatives did to malign Bush I for a second term. Or were you still in England then?

Remember, not everyone in the Republican party is a progressive (or a Democrat) like you, Donger. That's not even the base.

Our movement is growing. It has tripled since 2008 with more congressman being elected. There may be more including another senator. We're growing.

donkhater
05-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Meh. If Rand's FP is just as kooky as his dad's, I doubt that he'll have much better luck than did his father. I don't believe that it's the delivery of the message that turns so many people off, it's the message itself.

Because the conversation in the debates was the same as 2008, right?

It was clear as day that the party is veering towards Paul's stance on many issues. GOP candidates were openly questioning the Afghanistan war, talking about the role of the Fed and even civil liberties!

Whether Obama or Romney is elected, Rand Paul will be a voice that will resonate with those who think the role of government is too intrusive and needs to be scaled back.

BucEyedPea
05-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Because the conversation in the debates was the same as 2008, right?

It was clear as day that the party is veering towards Paul's stance on many issues. GOP candidates were openly questioning the Afghanistan war, talking about the role of the Fed and even civil liberties!

Whether Obama or Romney is elected, Rand Paul will be a voice that will resonate with those who think the role of government is too intrusive and needs to be scaled back.

Yeah, even Rubio was whining about coming to Washington and being aghast at Republicans talking about getting out of Afghanistan, criticizing Iraq and gasp—Libya! This reveals Rubio is an imperialist and NeoCon. The GOP is being reformed from these persuasions. They're actually old world ( European ) ideas—not American.

We're growing.

Donger
05-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Rand's message is also not the same as his father's either Donger....that was the point. Not just the tone of voice. Geesh!
I mean Rand and Paul's voice tone isn't divergent from each other. It's the message. Rand is not as libertarian as his dad. He's more conservative...this appeals to the base more.

You should check your facts. If Romney governs as a progressive, then Rand could put some dents in that which is a good thing for this country. It's not just Paul folks that are upset with spending. it's other conservatives too. If you read the Salon link, you'd see the fear is based on what conservatives did to malign Bush I for a second term. Or were you still in England then?

Remember, not everyone in the Republican party is a progressive (or a Democrat) like you, Donger. That's not even the base.

Our movement is growing. It has tripled since 2008 with more congressman being elected. There may be more including another senator. We're growing.

Did you see the word "if" in my post about Rand Paul's FP views? Knowing you, you probably did and went on a rant anyway.

I know hardly nothing about Rand Paul.

BucEyedPea
05-28-2012, 09:51 AM
We are growing.

Donger
05-28-2012, 10:04 AM
We are growing.

Sure. Maybe you people will actually win a state next time or something. That'd be progress.

BucEyedPea
05-28-2012, 10:09 AM
We are growing.

Chiefshrink
05-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Rand is not as libertarian as his dad. He's more conservative...this appeals to the base more.

If Romney governs as a progressive, then Rand could put some dents in that which is a good thing for this country. It's not just Paul folks that are upset with spending. it's other conservatives too. If you read the Salon link, you'd see the fear is based on what conservatives did to malign Bush I for a second term. Remember, not everyone in the Republican party is a progressive (or a Democrat). That's not even the base.

BINGO !!!!!!:thumb:

Chiefshrink
05-28-2012, 01:17 PM
you people

Just don't see this as just 'Libertarians' is her point. It's all true conservatives from the GOP, Libertarians, and Dem parties coming together.

mikey23545
05-28-2012, 01:20 PM
We are growing.

Have you gotten so plump you've started referring to yourself as we?

Or is it the royal we, as in "We are not amused!"

Donger
05-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Just don't see this as just 'Libertarians' is her point. It's all true conservatives from the GOP, Libertarians, and Dem parties coming together.

If Rand Paul's FP isn't as kooky as Ron's, I'd probably be happy to vote for him.

Chiefshrink
05-28-2012, 01:52 PM
If Rand Paul's FP isn't as kooky as Ron's, I'd probably be happy to vote for him.

Trust me it's not. But are you are 'still on the fence' who you will vote for at this point?

BucEyedPea
05-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Have you gotten so plump you've started referring to yourself as we?

Or is it the royal we, as in "We are not amused!"

Mr. Tourettes, that's now what I was referring to. We are growing in numbers. We just haven't reached critical mass.
And I had thought you reverted to chivalry earlier.

Donger
05-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Trust me it's not. But are you are 'still on the fence' who you will vote for at this point?

I'll vote for the GOP nominee, which is obviously going to be Romney.

BucEyedPea
05-28-2012, 01:55 PM

Correct. Now, that I know Donger, is really a Keynesian supporter we know he's not a limited-govt, pro-Constitution conservative. Conservatives in England and Europe are not cut from the same ideological cloth. They're more like Democrats.

mikey23545
05-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Mr. Tourettes, that's now what I was referring to. We are growing in numbers. We just haven't reached critical mass.
And I had thought you reverted to chivalry earlier.

Too bad your sense of humor isn't growing.

BucEyedPea
05-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Too bad your sense of humor isn't growing.

Oh ho, ho, ho!

mikey23545
05-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Oh ho, ho, ho!

It really was just meant as a joke, BEP.

BucEyedPea
05-28-2012, 02:18 PM
It really was just meant as a joke, BEP.

I'm laughing. I'm laughing. Can't you tell by my "ho, ho, ho?"

Chocolate Hog
05-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Sure. Maybe you people will actually win a state next time or something. That'd be progress.

Ron Paul won a few states so far.

Donger
05-28-2012, 07:21 PM

Not by vote. But then again, we don't have an indirect democracy in the USA.

Oh, wait.

BucEyedPea
05-28-2012, 08:28 PM

I think it's more than a few. Remember though, when it was thought he was going to win Iowa even by the media whores, that then was promoted as not mattering. ROFL

Bewbies
05-29-2012, 10:22 AM
We talked about this a few months ago...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257345

DementedLogic
05-30-2012, 04:03 AM

He voted for the Iran Sanctions

3LzzBOVsIFk