PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Playstation 3 and Flash Drives

royr17
05-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Got a question for anybody that is familiar on saving files to a PS3 from a flash drive.

I got this flash drive that I put files for NFL Rosters or NBA 2K12 files on, but when I go to copy them to the PS3 it says that no saved data is found but when you put the flash drive in the computer it shows the files on there.

What is the problem, why cant i transfer files from a flash drive to my PS3, I have been having this problem for months and cant figure out a solution.

Anybodys help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Buck
05-28-2012, 12:50 AM
Format your drive to FAT32

royr17
05-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Format your drive to FAT32

Thats just the thing whenever I look at my flashdrive it already says that it is formatted to FAT32

dmahurin
05-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Got a question for anybody that is familiar on saving files to a PS3 from a flash drive.

I got this flash drive that I put files for NFL Rosters or NBA 2K12 files on, but when I go to copy them to the PS3 it says that no saved data is found but when you put the flash drive in the computer it shows the files on there.

What is the problem, why cant i transfer files from a flash drive to my PS3, I have been having this problem for months and cant figure out a solution.

Anybodys help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Soak the flash drive in antifreeze overnight, then bury it underneath an aids tree for 3 days. Should be good afterwards.

WV
05-28-2012, 01:07 AM
You have to have the folder structure correct also. I think you have to store the stuff in a folder labeled PS3....google it to be certain.

JOhn
05-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Soak the flash drive in antifreeze overnight, then bury it underneath an aids tree for 3 days. Should be good afterwards.

Has to be a FLAMING AIDS tree :rolleyes:

royr17
05-28-2012, 01:14 AM
I just dont understand it, my PS3 will recognize music files on it, but not any other files. Is there a certain program I need to extract the files to where the PS3 will recognize the files on the flash drive for games ?

royr17
05-28-2012, 01:38 AM
im friggin mad, i know there is a way to get this to work right and i cant figure out a fuggin thing. why the hell wont my damn system recognize game files on my flash drive

Cornstock
05-28-2012, 01:50 AM
add the special ps3 tag to the end of the file. it might be just .ps3 or something else. Its been a while since i've done it so i dont remember, but its something to do with being able to read the right file format.

Chief3188
05-28-2012, 02:38 AM

lol nice

RustShack
05-28-2012, 02:50 AM
I really don't remember. About five years ago to got NCAA named rosters off my computer put them on a flashdrive and saved them on my PS3. Didn't work the first time, but I googled it and probably was solved in less than two minutes.

ZootedGranny
05-28-2012, 03:04 AM
You have to have the folder structure correct also. I think you have to store the stuff in a folder labeled PS3....google it to be certain.

Exactly.

I'm pretty sure the file folder structure is /PS3/SAVEDATA. And then when you connect it to your PS3, you need to hit triangle while highlighting the USB stick and choose to display all files.

As WV said, Google it to be certain.

royr17
05-28-2012, 03:25 AM
Exactly.

I'm pretty sure the file folder structure is /PS3/SAVEDATA. And then when you connect it to your PS3, you need to hit triangle while highlighting the USB stick and choose to display all files.

As WV said, Google it to be certain.

I did that but it said there were no files to be copied.