PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: Hey Amnorix, Patriots fans...

Direckshun
05-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Ryan Mallett goes out this preseason, lights shit up like he did last year.

Reports from training camp, let's say, are sterling. And everybody believes he could be a franchise QB for the next 10 years.

The Patriots, in the meantime, need work on their RB corps, their WR corps, their OL and DL, their linebacking and secondary.

You can hope Brady forges forward, Manning style, carrying his team all year.

Or you can be one step ahead of the Colts way of life, and just get value for Brady while you can. And build for the future.

Give us Brady now for a 1st in 2013. That's fair value for a Super Bowl caliber QB with a couple years left on his tires.

Deal? Or no deal.

Fritz88
05-28-2012, 11:45 PM
I am not a Pats fan but ill say this :

It would dumb of them to do so.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
05-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Not happening. Probably a better chance of signing Brees if hes holding out and wont sign his tender. Which that trade also probably wouldn't happen.

Psyko Tek
05-28-2012, 11:59 PM
would love to trade for breeze or Brady, we HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF Lenny coming back from '69 inna time machine

Pawnmower
05-29-2012, 12:01 AM
They would be fools

Simply Red
05-29-2012, 12:07 AM
any chance we could bring in Croyle for QB Coach?

SNR
05-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Hawt.

Would never happen unless Brady breaks his leg and Mallett demonstrates his ability in the regular season fo realz. But it's fun to dream.

RustShack
05-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Wasn't there talk of them trading Brady when Cassel "looked good"?

Sorter
05-29-2012, 12:22 AM
As a Pats fan, no way. I like Mallett, but you don't trade away the arguably best QB in the NFL for a 1st.

LiveSteam
05-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Die!!

BossChief
05-29-2012, 12:35 AM
I just hope Pioli doesn't trade for Hoyer.

Id probably move a first and a conditional pick for Brady.

He has said he wants to play till 40 and Matt Light thinks he will play till he's 45 if he stays healthy.

3 years for Brady would be worth a first and second or third added in.

Could we get some "in store credit" for Cassel?

SNR
05-29-2012, 12:37 AM
I just hope Pioli doesn't trade for Hoyer.

Id probably move a first and a conditional pick for Brady.

He has said he wants to play till 40 and Matt Light thinks he will play till he's 45 if he stays healthy.

3 years for Brady would be worth a first and second or third added in.

Could we get some "in store credit" for Cassel?Unfortunately Patriot Mart has a very strict return policy.

Kyle DeLexus
05-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Great so we gave up a 2nd for Matt Cassel a few years ago when we could have gotten Tom Brady for a 1st.

What if we send Cassel back to compete with Mallet? Maybe we could send them Cassel and a 2019 7th or a 2021 6th and get Brady?

Direckshun
05-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Unfortunately Patriot Mart has a very strict return policy.

LMAO

Okie_Apparition
05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Travis Daniels can cut his hair

ChiefAshhole20
05-29-2012, 02:38 AM
Carson Palmer was traded for a first and a conditional first... Let's start from there shall we?

jspchief
05-29-2012, 03:11 AM
Brady hasn't won a Superbowl since '05. He's washed up.

Fritz88
05-29-2012, 03:42 AM
Carson Palmer was traded for a first and a conditional first... Let's start from there shall we?

"Greatest trade in football"
Posted via Mobile Device

Dick Bull
05-29-2012, 05:06 AM

Al's overpaying shall not set the market. (I hope)

JD10367
05-29-2012, 06:36 AM
As a Pats fan, no way. I like Mallett, but you don't trade away the arguably best QB in the NFL for a 1st.

These three small words at the end are the difference between the Patriots and the rest of the NFL (and their fans and the rest of the NFL's fans). Most teams, and their fans, couldn't imagine trading a great player or players. The Patriots do it so regularly it's comical. It's all about value. Other teams would never trade Brady; the Pats would do it, for the right price.

They won't hesitate to cut a guy loose if they think the value isn't worth it, or he's replaceable, or he's asking too much. From Lawyer Milloy to Richard Seymour to Wes Welker, they've shown they have little sympathy or patience. Some of these decisions have backfired, but only because the team was slow to replace them (e.g. Deion Branch when he left for the northwest). But the Pats are, more often than not, always planning contingencies, working on backups, preparing for the day each player may get injured or traded (hence the reason Mallett was a great fit for them). The only player on the Pats with job security is Brady, but even he's not untouchable. Some day, one day, he will probably be gone. He'll be Montanaed out of town. I don't see him giving up his starting position and being a good soldier on the bench; he's either going to be traded, or simply quit football.

Having said all that, it would take one very bad season for the Pats to even contemplate it... and, even with a bad season, unless he's physically damaged they'd probably ask for a lot more than a 1st.

notorious
05-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Give them Cassel.

We don't need anything in return.

notorious
05-29-2012, 06:41 AM
They won't hesitate to cut a guy loose if they think the value isn't worth it, or he's replaceable, or he's asking too much. From Lawyer Milloy to Richard Seymour to Wes Welker, they've shown they have little sympathy or patience. Some of these decisions have backfired, but only because the team was slow to replace them (e.g. Deion Branch when he left for the northwest). .

And people look at me funny when I tell them that the Chiefs could let go of Bowe.

KC Tattoo
05-29-2012, 07:00 AM
What would work to pri Ryan Mallet away from them? A second and Cassel? That's not happening. but would be worth the try.

Dave Lane
05-29-2012, 07:04 AM
How about 2 1st and a second? Any Pats fans takers for that deal?

PGM
05-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Smoke em if you got em.

Amnorix
05-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Ryan Mallett goes out this preseason, lights shit up like he did last year.

Reports from training camp, let's say, are sterling. And everybody believes he could be a franchise QB for the next 10 years.

The Patriots, in the meantime, need work on their RB corps, their WR corps, their OL and DL, their linebacking and secondary.

You can hope Brady forges forward, Manning style, carrying his team all year.

Or you can be one step ahead of the Colts way of life, and just get value for Brady while you can. And build for the future.

Give us Brady now for a 1st in 2013. That's fair value for a Super Bowl caliber QB with a couple years left on his tires.

Deal? Or no deal.

Don't think for a heartbeat that if BB REALLY thinks Mallett is the next Brady/whoever, that he won't deal Brady a year or two ahead of when he thinks the wheels will fall off the tires.

That said, no. First, you act like we weren't within ONE MINUTE of winning the Super Bowl last year, trying instead to paint us like a rebuilding team. Second, BRady probably has 4 good years or so left in him (meaning maybe not BRADY, but at least excellent, years). Third, Mallett is totally unproven. Hard to move from Brady to Mallett under these circumstances.

Amnorix
05-29-2012, 08:12 AM
How about 2 1st and a second? Any Pats fans takers for that deal?

I wouldn't, partly because Brady on the Chiefs means those two first round picks are very likely to be very low first round picks.

Second, and more importantly, the Patriots are a very legitimate candidate to win the SB. Why the hell trade their most important piece and give that up? The goal is to win Super Bowls. If you're the Colts and your team is Manning + world of suck, then it's easy to move on and rebuild, especially with a guy that everyone thinks is a once-in-a-decade kind of guy that you can build around.

Unless they think Mallett IS the next Brady, NOW, then there's just no way you do this for anything short of stupid overpayment.

Mile High Mania
05-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Don't think for a heartbeat that if BB REALLY thinks Mallett is the next Brady/whoever, that he won't deal Brady a year or two ahead of when he thinks the wheels will fall off the tires.

That said, no. First, you act like we weren't within ONE MINUTE of winning the Super Bowl last year, trying instead to paint us like a rebuilding team. Second, BRady probably has 4 good years or so left in him (meaning maybe not BRADY, but at least excellent, years). Third, Mallett is totally unproven. Hard to move from Brady to Mallett under these circumstances.

Agreed ... Tom Brady turns 35 in August. Feels weird to say it, but he's definitely at the door of his twilight years. I wouldn't be shocked to see BB make a move AFTER this season, but not now.

Brady's last contract extension takes him through 2014...
Mallet signed a 4 year rookie deal in 2011 that also carries him through 2014...

So, BB has a decision to make at some point very soon. My guess is that it might be easier to get Brady after the 2012 season, but who knows. Even then, who says he won't just retire rather than go somewhere as a 2-3 year fix and deal with that whole 'SB or bust dynamic'?

Mile High Mania
05-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Honestly ... NE has nothing to gain by trading either right now.

Mallet learning from Brady for another year is great and they don't have contract issues for a few seasons. Question is - how long will Mallet be cool sitting in the background. At some point, he will want his chance to do something in the regular season with the hope of parlaying that into a very lucrative 2nd contract. The Patriots aren't dumb. They are set at QB (barring injury) for the next 2 seasons.

Heading into the 2014 season, Brady will be entering that last year and turning 37... Mallet should be more than ready to start at that point. Any team that thinks they can realistically get either player before 2013 is a bit foolish. I could see a scenario where both QBs go into 2014... and only Mallet receiving a big contract offer. They won't pour big $ on a 37 year old Tom Brady.

Thig Lyfe
05-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Tom Brady