PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Beware of Grill threats. We are not safe.

HonestChieffan
05-30-2012, 04:45 PM
I pray this is not the fate of people on CP. Please be careful. Run a rare earth magnet over your meat.

(The Hill) — Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) has called on the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to review whether metal grill brushes are safe for consumer use, after reports that some metal bristles broke off the brush and were swallowed, sending two men to the hospital.

“Metal bristles are one topping no one wants on their burger this holiday season,” Schumer said Tuesday. “Grilling season should be a great time for the whole family, not a time to be worried about an emergency visit to the hospital.”

Schumer said men from New Jersey and Washington State were recently hospitalized after swallowing metal bristles that fell off their grill brushes. He said that reports indicate that similar incidents occurred nearly a dozen times over the last three years.

In a Monday letter to both agencies, Schumer called on both agencies to review the safety of these products, and to consider a product recall if necessary.

bevischief
05-30-2012, 04:47 PM
WTF?

rtmike
05-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Prolly more China crap. It's their secret way of destroying us.

Guru
05-30-2012, 04:52 PM
And tell me why were they using a metal grill brush after the food was on the grill?

saphojunkie
05-30-2012, 04:54 PM
And tell me why were they using a metal grill brush after the food was on the grill?

This.

bevischief
05-30-2012, 04:55 PM

They are noobs.

Flachief58
05-30-2012, 04:56 PM
These are the important issues that are destroying the American way of life. FUCK GRILL BRUSHES!!!

Seriously though.......WTF!?!

whoman69
05-30-2012, 06:32 PM

Why do we still buy everything from there again?

BigChiefFan
05-30-2012, 06:34 PM

I thought the same thing. Is this really an issue for anybody with half a brain cell?

CaliforniaChief
05-30-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm sure as hell glad things are so great in Washington, DC that our elected leaders are debating the future of metal grill brushes.

:facepalm:

In all honesty, we're probably just a few more metal bristle swallowings away from competency.

Guru
05-30-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm sure as hell glad things are so great in Washington, DC that our elected leaders are debating the future of metal grill brushes.

:facepalm:

In all honesty, we're probably just a few more metal bristle swallowings away from competency.

They have to find new ways to waste our tax dollars so they can keep taking more.

We need to fire all of them.

InChiefsHell
05-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Oh my Lord, I can't take it anymore. I love how it said this has happened NEARLY A DOZEN TIMES IN THE LAST 3 YEARS!! THE HORROR!!!!! SAAAAAVE UUUUUUSSSS!!!!

PGM
05-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Oh my Lord, I can't take it anymore. I love how it said this has happened NEARLY A DOZEN TIMES IN THE LAST 3 YEARS!! THE HORROR!!!!! SAAAAAVE UUUUUUSSSS!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lKie-vgUGdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bwana
05-30-2012, 07:09 PM
I thought the same thing. Is this really an issue for anybody with half a brain cell?

Exactly and on that note, it tells me all I need to know about Sen. Chuck Schumer.

KCUnited
05-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Weber there is any truth to this or not, Washington certainly doesn't need to be involved.

BillSelfsTrophycase
05-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Your government at work ladies and gentlemen

HonestChieffan
05-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Weber there is any truth to this or not, Washington certainly doesn't need to be involved.

I see what you did here.

Tytanium
05-30-2012, 09:40 PM

If our stores would quit pinching pennies by buying garbage from China, this wouldn't be a problem.

mr. tegu
05-30-2012, 11:02 PM
I see what you did here.

You mean misspelling weather?

mr. tegu
05-30-2012, 11:03 PM
If our stores would quit pinching pennies by buying garbage from China, this wouldn't be a problem.

No kidding Taiwan is so much better at making our stuff!

BigOlChiefsfan
05-31-2012, 12:07 AM
"The most dangerous place in Washington is between Chuck Schumer and a camera" - the original Bob Dole

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 05:36 AM
If we consumers would quit pinching pennies by buying garbage from China, this wouldn't be a problem.

Fixed your post.

Amnorix
05-31-2012, 05:57 AM

You're blaming the stores when American consumers flock to the cheapest product regardless of everything else?

The mirror is where the problem lies. Stores just sell us what we demand.

blaise
05-31-2012, 06:09 AM
I'm not a fan of Chuck, but it's not like he's asking for a huge hearing. He's saying the Consumer Product Safety Commission should check it out.

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 06:23 AM
You're blaming the stores when American consumers flock to the cheapest product regardless of everything else?

The mirror is where the problem lies. Stores just sell us what we demand.

Indeed. Apparently a gun is being held to the head of the poor victim, the American consumer!

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 06:25 AM
I'm not a fan of Chuck, but it's not like he's asking for a huge hearing. He's saying the Consumer Product Safety Commission should check it out.

A dozen times in 3 years. In a nation of 300 million.

Dude. Chuck needs to STFU and find something a little more important to worry about. It's more of the same "the government will take care of everything, even something as simple and un-noteworthy as this." Don't worry your pretty little head.

Dick Bull
05-31-2012, 06:31 AM
Grill gate.

It's happening.

Dragonocho
05-31-2012, 06:47 AM
You really need a helmet to grill safely.

Bwana
05-31-2012, 06:56 AM
You really need a helmet to grill safely.

Along with saftey glasses, nomex clothing and Barry to appoint a metal grill brush czar! :thumb:

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 07:12 AM
Along with saftey glasses, nomex clothing and Barry to appoint a metal grill brush czar! :thumb:

Ah look, ah, while we're at it, all grills need to be natural gas. Ah, it's obvious, especially in our Southern states, that ah, charcoal is causing global warming. So I hereby decree that all grills sold in America will use good clean green Natural Gas. And will be taxed accordingly. Ah, I have said it, and ah, it shall be so.

Bwana
05-31-2012, 07:22 AM
Ah look, ah, while we're at it, all grills need to be natural gas. Ah, it's obvious, especially in our Southern states, that ah, charcoal is causing global warming. So I hereby decree that all grills sold in America will use good clean green Natural Gas. And will be taxed accordingly. Ah, I have said it, and ah, it shall be so.

Good point and steel toe boots should also be made mandatory, in the event one were to drop one of those nasty big BBQ forks, or a rouge steak bone on their foot.

Saul Good
05-31-2012, 08:43 AM
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm a big propanent of this legislation. I think it's grate that our government is working to make us safer. I hope Chuck really rakes these brush manufacturers over the coals.

Butane the other hand, it does seem like a silly thing for him to steak his reputation on.

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 09:07 AM
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm a big propanent of this legislation. I think it's grate that our government is working to make us safer. I hope Chuck really rakes these brush manufacturers over the coals.

Butane the other hand, it does seem like a silly thing for him to steak his reputation on.

That was really well done. That kind of wit is rare around here.

buddha
05-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Exactly and on that note, it tells me all I need to know about Sen. Chuck Schumer.

Schumer is an idiot, and idiots focus on stupid things.

bevischief
05-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Schumer is an idiot, and idiots focus on stupid things.

Ain't that for sure...

boogblaster
05-31-2012, 12:42 PM
i'll never grill on a clean grill again .......

HonestChieffan
05-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Maybe you could wire brush the meat then put it on the grill and be safe.

Flachief58
05-31-2012, 01:06 PM
This shit is insane, Americans everywhere are either unemployed or underemployed and just trying to figure out how to pay the bills from month to month and this is what the fuckwads in D.C. deem important???

It's just more evidence of how out of touch the fat cats in the gov are. No wonder we're in the shape we're in :facepalm:

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 02:19 PM
This shit is insane, Americans everywhere are either unemployed or underemployed and just trying to figure out how to pay the bills from month to month and this is what the ****wads in D.C. deem important???

It's just more evidence of how out of touch the fat cats in the gov are. No wonder we're in the shape we're in :facepalm:

Even worse, people are putting pink slime burgers on their wire bristle laden grills. We're not sure WHAT the fuck is actually killing people!!

Flachief58
05-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Even worse, people are putting pink slime burgers on their wire bristle laden grills. We're not sure WHAT the fuck is actually killing people!!

The slime catches the bristles? It's all so clear to me now! Beef + slime + cheap wire brushes = DEATH!!!

WE MUST TAX!! /the government

Ace Gunner
05-31-2012, 02:45 PM
http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=AQDJol6iT5YMMHaF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FqM30O-9rGvE%2Fhqdefault.jpg