PDA

View Full Version : Football Ten reasons why ex-NFL players go broke...

Msmith
05-31-2012, 07:47 AM
1) Gross vs. net: It never fails; when my clients get their first NFL check they call me and say something is wrong. They are floored by how much is taken out for taxes and other deductions. Unfortunately, the shock doesn’t resonate long enough. I would say 90% of players have some type of direct deposit or their check gets mailed to their investment advisor and the players never see the net amount. Thus, they think they always are making more money (in gross numbers) than they actually are...

Link: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ten-Reasons-Why-NFL-Players-Go-Broke.html

BCD
05-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Why don't their Agents prepare them for this?

DaKCMan AP
05-31-2012, 08:11 AM

Reason #4

4) Weak financial counsel: What I mean by this is that most financial advisors, accountants and confidants I met and observed over the years don’t have the fortitude to stand up to their clients in fear of losing them. If they ride their clients too hard about spending the athlete may just fire him or her. So they tend not to make the hard calls and put their foot down on spending patterns. For many consultants, it’s a race to invest the players’ assets before they spend it. Consultants who take their time to educate, communicate and have a way of helping players control spending get an A+ in my book but they are few and far between.

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 08:12 AM

They probably think they are grownups...

Reerun_KC
I would guess complete lack of education and common sense would be the main reason...

Micjones
Great article.

They left maybe the most important reason off the list though.

11). Maintenance: Players often fail to calculate the on-going costs of property taxes and monthly child-support/alimony payments. They also tend not to adjust for the weeks, during they year, where they don't receive gamechecks. There also comes a point where the checks stop coming altogether. By that time they've gotten so accustomed to a particular lifestyle, they have little hope of sustaining it.

Radar Chief
05-31-2012, 08:17 AM

Ever try to talk to a 20 something with his first big paycheck in his hands?

mr. tegu
05-31-2012, 08:22 AM
3) The cost of vanity: I tell my friends that if I opened a specialized rim shop serving pro athletes, instead of being an agent, I would be a rich man. The same goes for custom jewelry. Unfortunately, I noticed that many athletes associate wealth with material possession. So they feel like the more they have, the richer they are. I would say 90% of all athletes are getting ripped off on auto and jewelry purchases. I had one client have a watch appraised that he thought was worth over the $20,000 that he paid for it. The appraiser valued it at $1,500. The diamonds he thought he had on the watch weren’t real. I did it to teach him a lesson. The obsession to have the latest and greatest toys, the biggest house, the newest car(s) and most expensive clothes is probably the number one wealth killer for professional athletes. As I always say, “rich people have things, wealthy people have investments”.

I like that one.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 08:23 AM
They probably think they are grownups...

Because grownups don't mismanage money?

Frazod
05-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Ever try to talk to a 20 something with his first big paycheck in his hands?

Especially one who's never had/managed money before. I remember when I got my first credit card - I thought it was the coolest thing ever, was showing it off to people. My XO pulled me aside and told me that I should never use the card unless I had enough money to pay for what I purchased. I thought he was a moron - what was the use of having a credit card then? Of course, it was some of the best advice I ever got. And by not listening to it I completely screwed myself over.

Only difference between me and these kids is that their irresponsibility is infinitely more spectacular.

Deberg_1990
05-31-2012, 08:27 AM
11). Maintenance: Players often fail to calculate the on-going costs of property taxes and monthly child-support/alimony payments.

So basically these guys are like everyone else, they just have bigger bills.

Rain Man
05-31-2012, 08:30 AM
Great article.

They left maybe the most important reason off the list though.

11). Maintenance: Players often fail to calculate the on-going costs of property taxes and monthly child-support/alimony payments. They also tend not to adjust for the weeks, during they year, where they don't receive gamechecks. There also comes a point where the checks stop coming altogether. By that time they've gotten so accustomed to a particular lifestyle, they have little hope of sustaining it.

12.) Unwillingness to put on a condom.

Frazod
05-31-2012, 08:33 AM
12.) Unwillingness to put on a condom.

13.) Foolishly believing the hot babe who swears she's on the pill isn't really an ovulating gold-digging whore.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 08:39 AM

Yep.

That's partly why I tend not to judge them.
It's easy for working-class people to wag their finger at athletes, but they tend to have the very same financial struggles (on a smaller scale).

lcarus
05-31-2012, 08:50 AM
Automobiles and the rims/sound systems/accessories. Half their money probably goes to these things.

Msmith
05-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Yep.

It's easy for working-class people to wag their finger at athletes, but they tend to have the very same financial struggles (on a smaller scale).

This.

Rain Man
05-31-2012, 09:01 AM
I like seeing the watches and jewelry that guys are wearing on draft day. I've got an unproven theory that you can predict whether a guy will bust or not based on his jewelry.

Having said that, I've also wondered if there's a borrowing thing that goes on, like jewelry at the Oscars.

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Because grownups don't mismanage money?

Obviously they do. But it's their problem.

Douche Baggins
05-31-2012, 09:17 AM
High end drugs aren't cheap.

Mr. Plow
05-31-2012, 09:17 AM
Especially one who's never had/managed money before. I remember when I got my first credit card - I thought it was the coolest thing ever, was showing it off to people. My XO pulled me aside and told me that I should never use the card unless I had enough money to pay for what I purchased. I thought he was a moron - what was the use of having a credit card then? Of course, it was some of the best advice I ever got. And by not listening to it I completely screwed myself over.

Only difference between me and these kids is that their irresponsibility is infinitely more spectacular.

Ugh. Been there, done that. Seems like it took me forever, but got myself corrected. That's one thing I'm going to go out of my way to teach my kids.....don't shoot yourself in the foot.

Mr. Plow
05-31-2012, 09:18 AM

Yup.

Micjones
Obviously they do. But it's their problem.

Of course it is.

Terrell Owens doesn't deserve anymore sympathy for his financial woes than I do. But he ALSO doesn't deserve anymore scrutiny.

Douche Baggins
$200,000 bar tabs.

http://blog.timesunion.com/tablehopping/files/2011/05/bar-tab.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
05-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Red bull nine bucks?

Frazod
05-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Ugh. Been there, done that. Seems like it took me forever, but got myself corrected. That's one thing I'm going to go out of my way to teach my kids.....don't shoot yourself in the foot.

Cash advances did me in. Suddenly, I never had to be broke before payday anymore! Obviously that didn't last very long. :banghead:

Mr. Plow
05-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Red bull nine bucks?

That's what I thought.

Douche Baggins
05-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Red bull nine bucks?

It's definitely a future goal of mine to open a bar and separate fools from their money.

Rain Man
05-31-2012, 09:29 AM
That's what I thought.

If I was the bar I would comped them the red bull and the pellegrino. Keep them coming back.

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Of course it is.

Terrell Owens doesn't deserve anymore sympathy for his financial woes than I do. But he ALSO doesn't deserve anymore scrutiny.

Fair enough. I guess it's a "there but for the grace of God" thing because they wouldn't be millions in debt or broke if the DIDN'T make all the money to begin with. Rather ironic...

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 09:31 AM
$200,000 bar tabs.

Mutha...that's a friggin 29K tip!!! I need to get a job a the Wynn...

Mr. Plow
05-31-2012, 09:38 AM
$200,000 bar tabs.

I just noticed that was tabbed out at 11:56pm. Not even an all nighter.

And it was a Thursday night.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Which celeb was that?! Wow.

Radar Chief
05-31-2012, 09:46 AM
$200,000 bar tabs.

Do you know how much insurance on a Lamborghini costs? /Malcolm La Mont

Frazod
05-31-2012, 09:53 AM

While I understand the whole paying-what-you-earn concept, it's really hard to feel sorry for somebody who pisses away more money in a night than I make in two years.

Douche Baggins
05-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Which celeb was that?! Wow.

Lebron

L.A. Chieffan
05-31-2012, 09:56 AM
speaking of bar tabs, i was in austin a couple of weeks ago drinking at a very nice upscale bar with a live band. i ordered probably 5 makers and cokes and 5 beers. i figured close to 10 bucks a drink it should be around $100.

$32. AUSTIN RULES

Chiefs Pantalones
05-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Lebron

LeDom Perignon

ReynardMuldrake
05-31-2012, 09:57 AM

"Hey, it's Cinco de Mayo! Let's celebrate with 25 bottles of Dom Perignon!"

L.A. Chieffan
05-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Lebron

The next day they lost to the Knicks in the Garden

mr. tegu
05-31-2012, 10:01 AM
While I understand the whole paying-what-you-earn concept, it's really hard to feel sorry for somebody who pisses away more money in a night than I make in two years.

$200,000 for Lebron is about $5 for the rest of us. Now if this was some middle of the road NFL player then yeah that would be ridiculous and make it hard to feel sorry for them.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-31-2012, 10:07 AM
$200,000 for Lebron is about $5 for the rest of us. Now if this was some middle of the road NFL player then yeah that would be ridiculous and make it hard to feel sorry for them.

He's such a nice guy...

"At the end of the day, all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they'll have to wake up and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today and I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do."

vailpass
05-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Red bull nine bucks?

Hotel bar. I'm surprised it isn't more.

buddha
05-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Reasons #1-#10:

That weed ain't going to smoke itself.

vailpass
05-31-2012, 10:28 AM
#1-Had no financial responsibility teaching from their parents growing up.

I would venture to guess that the % of bankruptcy among players (and people in general) who grew up in a home with parents that taught them fiscal basics is markedly lower than those who did not.

Donger
05-31-2012, 10:29 AM
$200,000 bar tabs.

I hate Big Hotel Bar.

buddha
05-31-2012, 10:34 AM

It is ridiculous for ANYBODY. I don't care how much money Lebron makes...that is diseased. :shake:

vailpass
05-31-2012, 10:35 AM
I hate Big Hotel Bar.

I like how they calculate the automatic 20% gratuity then leave a space at the bottom for you to add a gratuity.

Same as the room service tab with the 28% or so added in and the blank at the bottom. Even when I was corporate I wouldn't tip twice. WTF with that?

DaKCMan AP
05-31-2012, 10:38 AM
I like how they calculate the automatic 20% gratuity then leave a space at the bottom for you to add a gratuity.

Same as the room service tab with the 28% or so added in and the blank at the bottom. Even when I was corporate I wouldn't tip twice. WTF with that?

I laugh at restaurants who add automatic 18% gratuity. I normally tip 20%+ unless the service is awful. When they add the 18% gratuity I don't add additional tip. They're screwing their own employees out of a minimum additional 2%.

vailpass
05-31-2012, 10:39 AM
I laugh at restaurants who add automatic 18% gratuity. I normally tip 20%+ unless the service is awful. When they add the 18% gratuity I don't add additional tip. They're screwing their own employees out of a minimum additional 2%.

Yep. They salary cap their servers.

Donger
05-31-2012, 10:40 AM

Yeah, I got into a hotel late last week and hadn't eaten anything all day. Ordered room service burger and a beer. The total was $38. And I did the additional tip thing.

mr. tegu
05-31-2012, 10:41 AM

I would venture to guess you are in the minority and that most people, especially in parties of 6 or more which is where you typically begin to see the automatic gratuity, tip 15% or so. By adding that 3% I am sure they make more than if they didn't.

mr. tegu
05-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I got into a hotel late last week and hadn't eaten anything all day. Ordered room service burger and a beer. The total was $38. And I did the additional tip thing.

Couldn't find a Wendy's or BK?

Donger
05-31-2012, 10:42 AM
Couldn't find a Wendy's or BK?

It was late.

I didn't have a rental.

I didn't want to get a cab.

vailpass
05-31-2012, 10:45 AM

Hopefully the burger was good.I expect to get raped on the room service tab but the double tip thing doesn't resonate with me unless I'm going to be there for more than one night.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 10:58 AM
He's such a nice guy...

"At the end of the day, all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they'll have to wake up and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today and I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do."

What part of that quote isn't true?

Micjones
05-31-2012, 11:01 AM

$38???
The **** did they put on the burger? Another 5 burgers?

Bugeater
05-31-2012, 11:01 AM
Yep.

Bullshit. Yes, I've had financial troubles, but it wasn't because I wasted a bunch of cash on bling and spinnaz for my whip.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Bullshit. Yes, I've had financial troubles, but it wasn't because I wasted a bunch of cash on bling and spinnaz for my whip.

I'm certain you've never wasted money on anything else.
:rolleyes:

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 11:04 AM
$38???

Musta been summa dat there Kobe beef er somethin'...

InChiefsHell
05-31-2012, 11:04 AM

Yep. hookers and blow will get ya every time.

Bugeater
05-31-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm certain you've never wasted money on anything else.
:rolleyes:
I guess that depends on your definition of "wasted", but I don't, and never have, made frivolous purchases like that.

Ace Gunner
05-31-2012, 11:08 AM
dorsey's cars;

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BLXZxYY6_v0/TQil_cCkFOI/AAAAAAAAE-E/A7RtpqZXQBk/s1600/glenndorsey2.jpg

http://www.celebritycarz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/gd61-480x251.jpg

This is Glenn Dorsey’s two tone Mercedes S 550. It has a “Maybach Paint Job”. The wheels are 22″ Forgiato Fiores that are custom painted black and white just like the car. The windows are tinted and it has a chrome Asanti grill. It was customized by KC Trends in Missouri.

This car looks very unique and looks very good. The only question I have is why would he do this to an S550 when he could have bought a Maybach and avoided all the trouble. He just signed a 5 year, 50+ million contract so I think he could afford the real thing.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BLXZxYY6_v0/TQil_AyFpQI/AAAAAAAAE-A/GoLJuRbTS54/s1600/glenndorsey.jpg

Bugeater
05-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Enjoy bankruptcy, Glenn.

Rain Man
05-31-2012, 11:11 AM
$38???

Room service is one of the top ten reasons why ex-dongers go broke.

Mr. Plow
05-31-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm not quite sure why I think this belongs in this thread, but I'm pretty sure it does.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/tumblr_m4qe87rmav1r634cio1_400.gif?w=311&h=233

Douche Baggins
05-31-2012, 11:22 AM

What hotel? I paid for two days internet awhile back. Only cost me 25 bucks.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 11:30 AM
I guess that depends on your definition of "wasted", but I don't, and never have, made frivolous purchases like that.

I don't, for a second, buy that you've never wasted money on anything.
But as you were.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 11:31 AM
dorsey's cars;

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BLXZxYY6_v0/TQil_cCkFOI/AAAAAAAAE-E/A7RtpqZXQBk/s1600/glenndorsey2.jpg

http://www.celebritycarz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/gd61-480x251.jpg

This is Glenn Dorsey’s two tone Mercedes S 550. It has a “Maybach Paint Job”. The wheels are 22″ Forgiato Fiores that are custom painted black and white just like the car. The windows are tinted and it has a chrome Asanti grill. It was customized by KC Trends in Missouri.

This car looks very unique and looks very good. The only question I have is why would he do this to an S550 when he could have bought a Maybach and avoided all the trouble. He just signed a 5 year, 50+ million contract so I think he could afford the real thing.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BLXZxYY6_v0/TQil_AyFpQI/AAAAAAAAE-A/GoLJuRbTS54/s1600/glenndorsey.jpg

Because he's smart enough to know that the people not affluent as he won't know the difference or won't care.

AND because it's something like three times cheaper.

Bugeater
05-31-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't, for a second, buy that you've never wasted money on anything.
But as you were.
I don't, for a second, buy that you comprehended what I said in that post.
But as you were.

Micjones
I'm not quite sure why I think this belongs in this thread, but I'm pretty sure it does.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/tumblr_m4qe87rmav1r634cio1_400.gif?w=311&h=233

Fucking hilarious. What's that from?

Detoxing
Automobiles and the rims/sound systems/accessories. Half their money probably goes to these things.

I gotta figure out how to grab this market. We've done some Pro Athletes cars before (doing one right now actually) but i wanna be the shop that bolts on Pink rims and fake LV interiors.

Okie_Apparition
05-31-2012, 11:34 AM
They die young & keep social security congress rapable

Mr. Plow
05-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Fucking hilarious. What's that from?

I honestly don't know, but I want to watch it.

Demonpenz
05-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Yep.

I don't judge them because it would be nice to were a fat chain and nice shirt, instead of this turtleneck and a thin ass chain.

Dartgod
05-31-2012, 11:46 AM
While I understand the whole paying-what-you-earn concept, it's really hard to feel sorry for somebody who pisses away more money in a night than I make in ten years.

FYP /R8ers

Bambi
05-31-2012, 11:50 AM
FWIW KC has got to be pretty much the best place to live rich. Everything is so damn cheap there.

bevischief
05-31-2012, 11:51 AM
The NFL should be bringing in the retires to talk to the rookies about this topic.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 11:52 AM
I don't, for a second, buy that you comprehended what I said in that post.
But as you were.

Seriously? There was nothing overly complex about what you said.
You're just pretending not to know what I meant by "wasted" to suit your argument.

Of course you've never made six-figure jewelry or automobile accessory purchases. You can't afford them. But when you control for the income differential, I'll bet I could find some shit (you can afford) that you've blown money on.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 11:53 AM
The NFL should be bringing in the retires to talk to the rookies about this topic.

They actually need the counsel from slightly older players they can relate to.

vailpass
05-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Because he's smart enough to know that the people not affluent as he won't know the difference or won't care.

AND because it's something like three times cheaper.

Is what other people think the primary factor in the decision to have that god-awful looking car?

Msmith
05-31-2012, 12:09 PM
They actually need the counsel from slightly older players they can relate to.

All NFL rookies are required to attend a symposium about money management hosted by some veteran players.

Donger
05-31-2012, 12:14 PM
$38???

Heh. Nothing else but cheese. Not even any bacon.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Is what other people think the primary factor in the decision to have that god-awful looking car?

I don't much care for it either, but it damn sure serves its purpose.
I'm sure he commands top-notch tail pushing that around.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Heh. Nothing else but cheese. Not even any bacon.

Fuck that noise!

Micjones
05-31-2012, 12:18 PM
All NFL rookies are required to attend a symposium about money management hosted by some veteran players.

Those tend to be older players who aren't playing football anymore.
And that symposium happens over the course of a weekend, no?

These players need ongoing talks about money management.

vailpass
05-31-2012, 12:22 PM
**** that noise!

You won't think that when you are in your hotel room hungry. They'll make it up to you at breakfast.

Garcia Bronco
05-31-2012, 12:23 PM

I know this and I've never had an "agent"

Garcia Bronco
05-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Hey...dumbass athletes,

Bonus money is taxed from the Feds at near 50 percent. I am sure since you have a degree from a amjor college that you already know this....but incase you don't, I've posted it on Chiefsplanet.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 12:27 PM
You won't think that when you are in your hotel room hungry. They'll make it up to you at breakfast.

The hell I would... That's outrageous.
What was the price breakdown?
What'd you pay for the beer?
What'd you pay for the burger?

vailpass
05-31-2012, 12:30 PM
The hell I wouldn't! That's outrageous.
What was the price breakdown?
What'd you pay for the beer?
What'd you pay for the burger?

Usually these are expensable charges that you incur during business travel.

I don't usually feed my kids off room service though sometimes you have to.
It's part of the game.

Donger
05-31-2012, 12:35 PM

Yeah, I went down for breakfast the next morning and paid for myself and a colleague. $44 for two buffet breakfasts.

ChiefsCountry
05-31-2012, 12:41 PM
I knew for a while all the cars the players used to drive and Trent Green always stood out to me. He drove to work everyday in a Ford Explorer. Not a pimped out one either, just a regular Ford Explorer to work at Arrowhead everyday. And he had at that time the richest contract in Chiefs history. I'm pretty sure he had a Mercedes or Corvette at home, but he drove the non-nicest car out of all the players. Just made me sit there and think who is going to have that money in the future. Warfield drove Range Rovers and all kinds of nice cars. Dante Hall had a pimped out vehicle. Larry Johnson had a Maybach with his own driver and it was just plain flithy all of the time.

Mr. Plow
05-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I went down for breakfast the next morning and paid for myself and a colleague. $44 for two buffet breakfasts.

Ahhh, were you in a "convention" hotel?

Donger
05-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Ahhh, were you in a "convention" hotel?

Yeah, it was actually. Well, there was a convention going on at the resort.

How did you know that?

Tuckdaddy
05-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Not to sound all fugged up or anything but the bling bling type are the ones going broke.

You know what I mean. I think you do.

Tuckdaddy
05-31-2012, 01:02 PM
I knew for a while all the cars the players used to drive and Trent Green always stood out to me. He drove to work everyday in a Ford Explorer. Not a pimped out one either, just a regular Ford Explorer to work at Arrowhead everyday. And he had at that time the richest contract in Chiefs history. I'm pretty sure he had a Mercedes or Corvette at home, but he drove the non-nicest car out of all the players. Just made me sit there and think who is going to have that money in the future. Warfield drove Range Rovers and all kinds of nice cars. Dante Hall had a pimped out vehicle. Larry Johnson had a Maybach with his own driver and it was just plain flithy all of the time.

That's becauee LJ is the Mayor of Chocolate City.

DaKCMan AP
05-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Not to sound all fugged up or anything but the bling bling type are the ones going broke.

Mark Brunell?

ThaVirus
05-31-2012, 01:03 PM

Nobody says 'bling' or rides spinners anymore. You're literally 10 years late on both.

Radar Chief
05-31-2012, 01:03 PM

Thomas Jones was on Top Gear USA showing off his dozen or so super/hyper cars.
I’ll admit he had some badass rigs, probably desperately searching for a buyer for a few of them now.
By contrast I remember reading that Ted Popson would buy some clunker and fix it up over the course of the year then donate it to a family in need.

Setsuna
05-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Which I why I believe all people playing professional sports are Republicans in the respect of taxes. They won't tell anyone though.

Tuckdaddy
05-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Mark Brunell?

Sapp, LT the drug addict and now J. Lewis. not to mention T.O.

What do they all have in common? Besides the obvious, they have blown thier millions on bullshit that made them look good. Now, they look stupid and damn sure are stupid.

DaKCMan AP
05-31-2012, 01:06 PM

What do they all have in common? Besides the obvious, they have blown thier millions on bullshit that made them look good. Now, they look stupid and damn sure are stupid.

Johnny Unitas?

frankotank
05-31-2012, 01:12 PM
unbelievable. the most obvious reason isn't even on the list.

Frank the Tanks list:
#1 - Tits

that's it. that's all
you spend money trying see 'em, touch 'em, suck 'em, make 'em bigger.
then you get yourself a set.
now you gotta spend money to support the tits host organism. and that's where it all goes to hell in a handbasket my friends! :D

DaKCMan AP
05-31-2012, 01:13 PM

Bernie Kosar?

Setsuna
05-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Bernie Kosar?

Stop fucking people over.

Mr. Plow
05-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah, it was actually. Well, there was a convention going on at the resort.

How did you know that?

I've been to enough convention hotels to know their pricing on the buffet breakfast.

DaKCMan AP
05-31-2012, 01:19 PM
Stop fucking people over.

http://naimalett.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/what.jpg

Micjones
05-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Usually these are expensable charges that you incur during business travel.

Absolutely. That just seems outrageous for a beer and a burger though.
And I've done my share of traveling and ordering room service.

ChiTown
05-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Live within your means.

I have enough money to buy a fleet of BMW's, but that doesn't mean I can afford to buy them. That concept fails so many people, that I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-31-2012, 01:55 PM
It's mostly blacks. Crazy blacks.

ThaVirus
05-31-2012, 02:07 PM

You're a bit late..

vailpass
05-31-2012, 02:08 PM

They don't make it up in dollars. They make it up by being there first thing in the morning with wonderful food and drink to eat in bed while watching the news.
I enjoy starting my day that way.

frankotank
05-31-2012, 02:15 PM

It's TITS I'm telling ya! CRAZY TITS!

Rain Man
05-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Live within your means.

I have enough money to buy a fleet of BMW's, but that doesn't mean I can afford to buy them. That concept fails so many people, that I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am.

What color of BMW?

ChiTown
05-31-2012, 02:17 PM
What color of BMW?

Apricot

Rain Man
05-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Apricot

Sweet.

mr. tegu
05-31-2012, 02:33 PM
unbelievable. the most obvious reason isn't even on the list.

Frank the Tanks list:
#1 - Tits

that's it. that's all
you spend money trying see 'em, touch 'em, suck 'em, make 'em bigger.
then you get yourself a set.
now you gotta spend money to support the tits host organism. and that's where it all goes to hell in a handbasket my friends! :D

:LOL:LMAO:LOL:LMAO:LOL:LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
05-31-2012, 02:49 PM
It's TITS I'm telling ya! CRAZY TITS!

LMAO

Bugeater
05-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Seriously? There was nothing overly complex about what you said.
You're just pretending not to know what I meant by "wasted" to suit your argument.

Of course you've never made six-figure jewelry or automobile accessory purchases. You can't afford them. But when you control for the income differential, I'll bet I could find some shit (you can afford) that you've blown money on.
No, I don't know what you meant. If you're going to equate me buying a six pack to them making half-million dollar status symbol purchases, then yes, I have wasted money. I don't see that as the same thing though.

Micjones
05-31-2012, 04:33 PM
No, I don't know what you meant. If you're going to equate me buying a six pack to them making half-million dollar status symbol purchases, then yes, I have wasted money. I don't see that as the same thing though.

Whatever you say Suze Orman.

Bugeater
05-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Whatever you say Suze Orman.
I don't know who she is.

Valiant
06-01-2012, 08:44 AM
$200,000 bar tabs.

I wonder if this is part of the east european crime syndicate I have read on abcnews today.

They get young hot women to drugrich guys and make the buy cheap drinks at astronomical prices..

Chiefshrink
06-01-2012, 08:57 AM

Because the agents know themselves that even there 5-10% take will even seem huge to the players if the agent opens up the whole can of worms to taxes and fees taken out. So why go there? Unless of course you are wise as a player and get all the numbers up front first:thumb:

My guess though is they do but the player isn't listening or really doesn't understand how the 'real world' works:thumb:

Rain Man
06-01-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't know who she is.

I think she founded the Red Cross. Either that, or won the balance beam in the 1988 Olympics.

GoHuge
06-01-2012, 12:01 PM
I will say that whether or not you like, hate, or are indifferent about Boris his clients are being prepared for life after baseball right after they cash their first big check. Financial advise/advisers, strength & conditioning, etc are all done in house. A one-stop full service shop. He brings as much name power to his clients as they bring to him. He's got the pull to get them to listen to everything he says along with the track-record that proves he's got their best interest in mind.

Luckily with the way the draft is now setup this bastard can't influence the game the way that he use to be able to.

Setsuna
06-01-2012, 03:38 PM
http://naimalett.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/what.jpg
ROFL Carry on.

Well said....racist. :p