PDA

View Full Version : Money Welp. Had my check garnished today

lcarus
05-31-2012, 01:14 PM
1000 dollar check that I get every 2 weeks was only about 740 this time. Damn condo that I ditched a couple years ago because I could no longer afford it after my 2 roommates left on a whim. Now I'm suffering for it. I need to go bankrupt but I can't afford bankruptcy. You know your financial life is in ruins when you desperately need to go bankrupt but can't afford it. FML /endrant

Sofa King
05-31-2012, 01:14 PM
You could always sell semen and blood.

lcarus
05-31-2012, 01:17 PM
You could always sell semen and blood.

They'd probably garnish that too. I'd fill a cup and some guy with white latex gloves would come and take half of it.

Easy 6
05-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hear that man, all you can do is just gin & beer it, you'll eventually land on your feet.

:thumb:

Sofa King
05-31-2012, 01:18 PM
They'd probably garnish that too. I'd fill a cup and some guy with white latex gloves would come and take half of it.

I wouldn't suggest mixing them in the same cup.

Scaga
05-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Let me guess...you were the only one on the lease?:spock:

tooge
05-31-2012, 01:33 PM
go on e bay and offer up a kidney, one of your eyes (assuming you have good vision), your sperm, and any other organs you can live without. Make sure to put a reserve and a buy now option.

jspchief
05-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, debts don't just go away.

Fortunately, I believe there are limits to what they can take per check and maximums for the year.

bogey
05-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Sorry dude. This too shall pass. Work it out with your creditors to pay what you can afford. Don't ignor the problem, it won't go away.

Amnorix
05-31-2012, 02:03 PM
You need to beg or borrow or do whatever you possibly can to go into bankruptcy. It will cost you FAR less in the long run if you run yourself through the car wash and cleanse yourself of the problems.

THEN make sure you dont' fall back into the same bad habits (unless it was bad luck) that got you into this position.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-31-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm using it to buy hookers and blow.

DJ's left nut
05-31-2012, 02:15 PM
1000 dollar check that I get every 2 weeks was only about 740 this time. Damn condo that I ditched a couple years ago because I could no longer afford it after my 2 roommates left on a whim. Now I'm suffering for it. I need to go bankrupt but I can't afford bankruptcy. You know your financial life is in ruins when you desperately need to go bankrupt but can't afford it. FML /endrant

Do you have any dependants? Garnishment exemption figures allow you to retain right at 90% of your take-home if you have dependent children and can claim head of household status.

Frazod
05-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Bummer, dude. I got fucked over by a scumbag roommate once. Because I was up front with them they cut me a little slack, but I still got stuck paying most of it. As far as I know the piece of shit roommate and the fucktarded whore that was living with him never shelled out another dime. :shake:

KcMizzou
05-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Do you have any dependants? Garnishment exemption figures allow you to retain right at 90% of your take-home if you have dependent children and can claim head of household status.Yep.

Missouri garnishment rules are found in Missouri Revised Statutes: Section 525. The maximum amount that may be held from a person's weekly wages, after withholdings required by law, is the lesser of: 1) 25% of the wages; 2) 10%, if the person is head of a family and a Missouri resident, or; 3) The amount by which the weekly earnings exceed thirty times the federal minimum hourly wage. Note that child support garnishment may be subject to a higher percentage of deduction.

http://www.bills.com/missouri-collection-laws/