06-01-2012, 09:12 AM
:hail::hail:
:hail:

TNG 25th Anniversary Event In Theaters July 23

http://www.startrek.com/article/tng-25th-anniversary-event-in-theaters-july-23

Star Trek: The Next Generation – Season One will arrive on Blu-ray on July 24, and the restored episodes are so pristine and of such cinematic quality that they not only belong on movie screens, they will, in fact, play on movie screens. Star Trek: The Next Generation 25th Anniversary Event, a one-night-only, in-theater celebration is set for Monday, July 23, at theaters around the country. NCM Fathom Events, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution will present two of TNG’s most-popular episodes, “Where No One Has Gone Before” and “Datalore,” both handpicked by longtime Trek experts Mike and Denise Okuda.

Fans attending Star Trek: The Next Generation 25th Anniversary Event will also be treated to sneak peeks of the Star Trek: The Next Generation – Season One Blu-ray special features, which delve into the elaborate, comprehensive restoration project. Further, those in attendance can also expect to see an extended preview of Star Trek: The Next Generation – Season Two, which will be released later this year.

“We’re thrilled to be able to introduce Star Trek: The Next Generation to a new generation,” said Ken Ross, executive vice president and general manager of CBS Home Entertainment. “Seeing the episodes in a theater setting is the perfect way to show off the pristine picture that high definition allows and launch the first season on Blu-ray.”

Shelly Maxwell, executive vice president of NCM Fathom Events, added, “The Next Generation series is timeless. It’s hard to believe 25 years have gone by since this iconic show premiered on television. This special event celebrates the magic that made this beloved series so memorable.”

Tickets for Star Trek: The Next Generation 25th Anniversary Event will be available starting Friday, June 8, at www.FathomEvents.com and at the box office of theaters participating in the event. Visit www.FathomEvents.com for a list of theaters and pricing details. And keep an eye on StarTrek.com for additional news about Star Trek: The Next Generation 25th Anniversary Event.

Deberg_1990
06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
No thanks. They were shot for 80s Tv which means its basically a square. Pointless on a rectangular or widescreen movie screen.
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil
06-01-2012, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't pay the inflated prices to see any old TV show in a theater.

Brainiac
06-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Isn't it time for a new Star Trek series anyway?

Buck
06-01-2012, 01:07 PM
No thanks. They were shot for 80s Tv which means its basically a square. Pointless on a rectangular or widescreen movie screen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Probably the worst post I've ever seen.

Frazod
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
While I think this is great, the sad truth is the first two seasons of TNG largely suck and aren't worth buying. The biggest problem was trying to offer up the assclown Ferengi as a serious rival and anything regarding Wesley.

I'll buy from three on, just like I did with the DVDs.

Count Alex's Losses
06-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You can still project the image onto a large screen and it will look fine. It's not like you're going to see giant black bars in a dark movie theater. Who cares if the image is a square or a rectangle? I mean you could crop it to make it a rectangle but what would be the point?

They also redid a ton of special effects shots so it looks good in HD.

loochy
06-01-2012, 02:19 PM
While I think this is great, the sad truth is the first two seasons of TNG largely suck and aren't worth buying. The biggest problem was trying to offer up the assclown Ferengi as a serious rival and anything regarding Wesley.

I'll buy from three on, just like I did with the DVDs.

Don't forget Pulaski, beardless Riker, and weird robotic Troi.

loochy
Probably the worst post I've ever seen.

This.

scorpio
Posted via Mobile Device

http://i.imgur.com/AFYvJ.gif

pr_capone
06-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Don't forget Pulaski, beardless Riker, and weird robotic Troi.

I love STTNG and all things ST related but I'm not gonna shell out money to go and re-watch the series. That said, Dr. Pulaski was the single worst regular cast member of STTNG.

/the best Star Trek EVER was the Dominion War in DS9

whoman69
06-01-2012, 03:01 PM
I love STTNG and all things ST related but I'm not gonna shell out money to go and re-watch the series. That said, Dr. Pulaski was the single worst regular cast member of STTNG.

She's not in either of those episodes.

whoman69
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
In place of Where No One Has Gone Before (hate the PC title), I would have chosen the Big Goodbye. I suppose it was chosen because its more visual for the big screen. Season one had few good episodes as the show had trouble finding its own voice from the start. I suppose they couldn't use Encounter at Farpoint because it was already two hours. Although the episode run at 43 minutes. Unless they are adding extra features, they could run 3 episodes before trying an audiences patience.

pr_capone
06-01-2012, 03:19 PM
She's not in either of those episodes.

I know... just commenting on her as a character in the series only.

keg in kc
06-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Posted via Mobile DeviceThat's actually not true. The blu-rays are not transfers or remasters, they literally re-edited the programs using the original film elements:The great part is that since the show was actually entirely shot on 35mm film and then mastered to video for TV release, this means we can get actual proper 1080P transfers from the film itself (as opposed to the tape masters). The challenge there is that the film was not edited, and is technically all still rough, so the team has had to go back and re-edit directly from the film exactly as the episodes were (when they aired between 1987 and 1994), and have also gone through and re-composited every special effect (as opposed to simply upconverting from the video masters), and the audio has also been transferred to HD 7.1 DTS Master Audio. http://icebergink.blogspot.com/2012/02/blu-ray-review-star-trek-next.html

keg in kc
06-01-2012, 05:07 PM

I'll buy from three on, just like I did with the DVDs.That is undoubtedly true. I've always thought it a minor miracle it survived the first season to get a second, and then a second to get a third.

I don't think that would happen today.

Come to think of it, is there even anything that's first-run syndication these days? Like TNG and DS9 used to be, or Xena or Hercules. Or Babylon 5. Or Andromeda? The last one I remember was the Sword of Truth series.

BigRedChief
06-01-2012, 06:49 PM
The Inner light was the best episode evah. Way better than those two episodes. Agreed with other comments. Season III is when the series started becoming a consistent quality series.

Bowser
06-01-2012, 07:29 PM
They should have played "Yesterday's Enterprise". Would have shown up well on the big screen.

Frazod
06-01-2012, 07:52 PM
They should have played "Yesterday's Enterprise". Would have shown up well on the big screen.

That's my personal favorite.

Speaking of this, I think I've mentioned in the past my friend who deals in movie/TV memorabilia. One of the items he currently has is the uniform Tricia O'Neil (Captain Garrett) wore in this episode. I was over at his house and saw it about an hour ago.

Count Alex's Losses
06-01-2012, 09:36 PM

That's from the third season.

I'm sure they'll get around to it.

Personally I would go fucking nuts for the best of both worlds on a movie screen.

pr_capone
06-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I realize this episode comes way later but the best episode of STTNG ever was the two parter "Chain of Command" (season 6).

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Star Trek: The Next Generation 25th Anniversary Event, a one-night-only, in-theater celebration is set for Monday, July 23, at theaters around the country. NCM Fathom Events, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution will present two of TNG’s most-popular episodes, “Where No One Has Gone Before” and “Datalore,” both handpicked by longtime Trek experts Mike and Denise Okuda.

Wut? No Best of Both Worlds?

Fail

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Who wouldn't wanna see this on the big screen?

http://youtu.be/dsUHVuCNmXY

Count Alex's Losses
06-01-2012, 10:42 PM

Want to see it and fucking cheer really loud with Star Trek nerds.

Guru
06-01-2012, 11:05 PM

Still gives me goosebumps.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-01-2012, 11:18 PM
A better clip of the same scene

The music made it

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kh9GDlGZm7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Count Alex's Losses
06-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Yep, it's better with the fade out and TO BE CONTINUED and then everyone in the living room screams out loud, suddenly realizing that they have to wait 3 months.

I loved that feeling.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-01-2012, 11:51 PM
A modern CGI Wolf 359 battle scene would also be JIMP-worthy

notorious
06-02-2012, 04:26 PM

Mother Fuckin' A.

This.

mikey23545
06-02-2012, 04:35 PM
You mean instead of classics like "Best of Both Worlds", "The Inner Light", or "Yesterday's Enterprise" they're going to screen those two piece of shit episodes?

Talk about lost opportunities...

mikey23545
06-02-2012, 04:41 PM
A better clip of the same scene

The music made it

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kh9GDlGZm7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still gives me goosebumps.

Yep.

Sorry, but this is the best episode of any Trek flavor, ever. No argument, period.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-02-2012, 04:42 PM
both handpicked by longtime Trek experts Mike and Denise Okuda.

Who the fuck are these guys and how the hell did they get final say in this? They should have done a fan vote or something.

mikey23545
06-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Holy crap, I had to google "Where No One Has Gone Before" just to see what episode it was, it is so forgettable.

I can't believe they picked this gay piece of shit to put on the big screen.

Someone needs to die for that decision.

whoman69
06-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Who the **** are these guys and how the hell did they get final say in this? They should have done a fan vote or something.

They were essentially experts hired by the show for continuity, set design including the computer consoles and advise on technology used in the series. Okuda wrote the Star Trek Encyclopedia.

mikey23545
06-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh, and any episode with Lore in it is about the same as an episode with Wesley Crusher in it.

loochy
06-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Oh, and any episode with Lore in it is about the same as an episode with Wesley Crusher in it.

I liked the one where he was in league with the Borg. He brainwashed Data and made him do experiments on Geordi. :evil:

mikey23545
06-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I liked the one where he was in league with the Borg. He brainwashed Data and made him do experiments on Geordi. :evil:

Well, I will admit that one was pretty decent.

Count Alex's Losses
06-02-2012, 06:13 PM

That's bullshit.

Any episode with Lore is amazing.

See "Brothers," which also features Brent Spiner playing Dr. Soong.

Brent Spiner playing 3 characters in one episode FTW.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Or hey, how bout an episode with one of the best Trek characters ever...Q

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kBwoEXlTph0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Count Alex's Losses
06-04-2012, 02:36 AM
It's a shame that John DeLancie didn't get a movie bit.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-04-2012, 02:40 AM
Barclay made it into a film and Q didn't

How the fuck did that happen?

Count Alex's Losses
06-04-2012, 02:40 AM
SEE YOU....OUT THERE

One of my favorite lines.

big nasty kcnut
06-04-2012, 04:48 AM
John de Lancie wanted too much money as told to me by Majel Barrett.

Count Alex's Losses
07-18-2012, 10:26 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/469480_509980889018421_1471061772_o.jpg

scorpio
07-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Got my tickets for the 23rd

loochy
07-19-2012, 02:08 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/469480_509980889018421_1471061772_o.jpg

HD makes the sky green?