PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Harry Reid's blame statement...POS

HonestChieffan
06-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Reid Statement on May Jobs Report

Washington, D.C. — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid issued the following statement after the Labor Department announced that the U.S. economy added 69,000 jobs in May.

“This report is a sharp reminder that Democrats and Republicans should be working together to strengthen our economy, create jobs, and put the middle class ahead of partisan politics.

“If Republicans worked with us, we could pass legislation immediately to cut taxes for small businesses, prevent student loan rates from doubling and ensure women get paid the same amount as men for performing the same work. We could provide incentives to companies to create manufacturing jobs here at home, instead of overseas. And we could take steps to spur further growth in the housing market.

“But all of these policies require bipartisan cooperation, something that, sadly, has been in short supply. I hope my Republican colleagues will take this as an opportunity to work with Democrats for the good of the middle class.”

La literatura
06-01-2012, 07:18 PM
For some other news, Romney blamed Obama.

BigMeatballDave
06-01-2012, 08:43 PM
What do you call 100 Congressmen at the bottom of the Ocean?...

petegz28
06-01-2012, 08:48 PM

A good start?

mikey23545
06-01-2012, 09:38 PM
"If Republicans would just compromise by caving in to all our demands, there would be no stalemate in Congress!"

Okie_Apparition
06-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Why don't all politicans just smooth their hair back with axle grease

petegz28
06-01-2012, 10:25 PM
"If Republicans would just compromise by caving in to all our demands, there would be no stalemate in Congress!"

That's funny coming from a guy who can't do something as routine as pass a budget

Psyko Tek
06-02-2012, 01:35 AM

Pollution?

Not enough lawyers?

best chance of saving the USA?

chiefzilla1501
06-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Reid Statement on May Jobs Report

Washington, D.C. — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid issued the following statement after the Labor Department announced that the U.S. economy added 69,000 jobs in May.

“This report is a sharp reminder that Democrats and Republicans should be working together to strengthen our economy, create jobs, and put the middle class ahead of partisan politics.

“If Republicans worked with us, we could pass legislation immediately to cut taxes for small businesses, prevent student loan rates from doubling and ensure women get paid the same amount as men for performing the same work. We could provide incentives to companies to create manufacturing jobs here at home, instead of overseas. And we could take steps to spur further growth in the housing market.

“But all of these policies require bipartisan cooperation, something that, sadly, has been in short supply. I hope my Republican colleagues will take this as an opportunity to work with Democrats for the good of the middle class.”

Great spiel, Harry.

Too bad none of those things create jobs.