PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama's Black Friday

HonestChieffan
06-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Obama's Black Friday

By Alan Caruba
http://factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com/

Black Tuesday, October 29, 1929, marked the beginning of the Great Depression, but for Barack Obama, last Friday was Black Friday because the U.S. Department of Labor announced that only 69,000 jobs were added in May, well below expectations that it might reach 150,000. The official unemployment rate ticked up to 8.2 percent, but it is actually far closer to 15 percent.

The news means that Obama’s hope of being reelected ranges between slim to none. Beyond the current numbers, on Friday CNS News reported that 766,000 more women are unemployed than when he took office in 2009.

Also on Friday, Generation Opportunity, a non-profit, non-partisan organization devoted to younger Americans reported that unemployment among young adults, ages 18 to 29, was 12.1 percent in May. “The declining labor participation has created an additional 1.7 million young adults that are not counted as ‘unemployed’ by the Bureau of Labor Statistics because they are not in the labor force, having given up looking for work.” If their numbers were factored in, “the actual 18-29 unemployment rate would rise to 16.9 percent.”

On Thursday, Obama got more bad news. Former President Bill Clinton told CNN that Mitt Romney’s business record at Bain Capital was “sterling.” Clinton said, “I don’t think that we ought to get into the position where we say ‘This is bad work. This is good work.’ The man who has been governor and had a sterling business career crosses the qualification threshold.”

Clinton’s appraisal came at the end of the third week that Team Obama had been trying to demonize Romney for having been a successful venture capitalist. Clinton isn’t the only prominent Democrat to jump off the SS Obama. Newark Mayor Cory Booker and Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick also refused to press the Obama attack on Bain.

Obama has little with which to campaign upon. When Karl Rove, Bush’s former White House advisor, examined “Obama’s Public-Equity Record” in a May 10 Wall Street Journal column, he noted that the Obama administration had forced General Motors and Chrysler into bankruptcy and, instead of allowing the process to proceed normally, the Obama bailout cost jobs.

“GM employed roughly 252,000 workers in 2008. Now it has 207,000, with 131,000 of them working in foreign nations.” Citing data from the National Automobile Dealers Association, Rove estimated that “as many as 100,000 Americans lost jobs at the companies’ dealerships.”

GM and Chrysler creditors were left without compensation while Obama ensured that the United Auto Workers Union gained ownership equity in both companies. Then he stood by “as the UAW forced the closure of a plant in Moraine, Ohio, where workers had joined a rival union.”

By almost any economic measurement the nation is experiencing, if not a Depression, at least a very serious Recession, despite the official pronouncement that it had ended in 2010. The Recession hitting European nations is having global repercussions as well.

Obama has had nothing to say about the pending “Taxamageddon” that will kick in on January 2013 bringing the largest tax hike in the history of the nation. He never mentions the “stimulus”, nor Obamacare. The latter is likely to be ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in June.

Even members of the mainstream press that were largely responsible for Obama’s election in 2008 are beginning to have second thoughts. Dana Milbank of the reliably liberal Washington Post in April wrote that Obama “is making me queasy because his nonstop campaigning is looking, well, sleazy—and his ad suggesting that Mitt Romney wouldn’t have killed Osama bin Laden is just the beginning of it.”

The polls are all trending away from Obama. On almost every issue, Romney has either tied or surpassed him. Obama looks weak because he is weak.

There’s just over five months to go before November 6, Election Day. They are going to be the worst five months of Obama’s life, but for millions of Americans out of work and unable to find work they will be just as bad or worse. Many of them are women. Many of them are young adults. Many of them represent a dwindling base of African-Americans and Latinos.

Many of them are voters.

RedNeckRaider
06-03-2012, 07:48 AM
I think most people are unhappy with Barry. The problem is that most see Romney as a plastic politician, who is willing to say or do anything to get elected. The "anybody but Barry" theme is not something that will energize the masses~

Iz Zat Chew
06-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Obama is going to be re-elected if the seemingly continuious apathy prevails in the republican voting ranks. Many people read stories like this and determine it's a done deal and do not go out to vote. All the while many dead democrats vote several times as well as the probability of many democrats voting often.

Then you have the symphathy vote, he's black and that's all many people need to know. Doesn't matter the condition he's got the country in.

I do NOT want another term of Obama but I feel it's a done deal. I will vote for Romney because he is one of the "Anyone but Obama" options on the ballot. I just hope there isn't a major split in the republican party due to Romney's seemingly disconnect from the typical conservative American.

HonestChieffan
06-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Obama is going to be re-elected if the seemingly continuious apathy prevails in the republican voting ranks. Many people read stories like this and determine it's a done deal and do not go out to vote. All the while many dead democrats vote several times as well as the probability of many democrats voting often.

Then you have the symphathy vote, he's black and that's all many people need to know. Doesn't matter the condition he's got the country in.

I do NOT want another term of Obama but I feel it's a done deal. I will vote for Romney because he is one of the "Anyone but Obama" options on the ballot. I just hope there isn't a major split in the republican party due to Romney's seemingly disconnect from the typical conservative American.

Define "typical conservative American". I see the R's coming together and the Romney message working well at this point

Iz Zat Chew
06-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Define "typical conservative American". I see the R's coming together and the Romney message working well at this point

Anyone with a R in their party affiliation. My opinion, of course, but I would say that there have been elections when the R's just didn't make a showing. Could be every election, apathy - especially among some evangelicals, tends to lower voter turnout.

RaiderH8r
06-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Anyone with a R in their party affiliation. My opinion, of course, but I would say that there have been elections when the R's just didn't make a showing. Could be every election, apathy - especially among some evangelicals, tends to lower voter turnout.

Are you familiar with R antipathy towards O? They'll turn out. Rs are typically late to come home in an election.

O's big problem is that his approvals among independents is upside down and stagnant. He can't even get a Bin Laden bump.

HonestChieffan
06-03-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't think the vast majority of R's are as single issue focused as evangelicals and they make up a small subset of the conservative side. Its easy to forget that conservative and liberal are terms that describe a continuum. Not all liberals are nuts to the far left nor are all conservatives crazy to the right. There will be a good number who consider themselves Democrat who abandon the radical approaches of Obama/Pelosi/Reid in hopes that we can return to a more sane approach to problem solving.

I agree the race is far from over but I do sense a strength building on Romneys side and a very strong lack of any message from Obama's bunch.

Iz Zat Chew
06-03-2012, 08:35 AM
I don't think the vast majority of R's are as single issue focused as evangelicals and they make up a small subset of the conservative side. Its easy to forget that conservative and liberal are terms that describe a continuum. Not all liberals are nuts to the far left nor are all conservatives crazy to the right. There will be a good number who consider themselves Democrat who abandon the radical approaches of Obama/Pelosi/Reid in hopes that we can return to a more sane approach to problem solving.

I agree the race is far from over but I do sense a strength building on Romneys side and a very strong lack of any message from Obama's bunch.

I hope you are right, I don't think the country can survive another 4 years of Obama. My only hope is that if defeated he disappears from public view in perpetuity, unlike Bill Clinton and more like GW Bush.

HonestChieffan
06-03-2012, 08:36 AM
I hope you are right, I don't think the country can survive another 4 years of Obama. My only hope is that if defeated he disappears from public view in perpetuity, unlike Bill Clinton and more like GW Bush.

He won't disappear. The man is driven by his massive ego.

Iz Zat Chew
06-03-2012, 08:39 AM
He won't disappear. The man is driven by his massive ego. Not a doubt in my mind. Maybe he will do something that will get him a residence at the Federal Facility in Atlanta! That might be the only place we will hear less from him.

oldandslow
06-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Romney is going to win in November. I'd bet the farm on it.

There are many independent leaning dems who have had enough.

Many are staying home - others are voting R at the top of the ballot. Barack Obama had the opportunity and mandate to make great strides for the traditional democratic base. Instead he fed his cronies in the Insurance and Pharm industry with Obamacare and the rest of his corporate overlords with the stimulus package.

Finally he is just as big a "hawk" in the ME as GWB JR.

So tell my why I would vote for him again?

Cave Johnson
06-03-2012, 09:41 AM

Many are staying home - others are voting R at the top of the ballot. Barack Obama had the opportunity and mandate to make great strides for the traditional democratic base. Instead he fed his cronies in the Insurance and Pharm industry with Obamacare and the rest of his corporate overlords with the stimulus package.

Avoiding a possible Iran invasion, for starters. John Bolton's a crazy mf.

BucEyedPea
06-03-2012, 10:03 AM

You're right about Bolton. You're not right about Obama on Iran necessarily. I thought this myself....and would consider him on this reason—alone. Let's face it though, Obama sounds good on Iran, just like he sounded good on civil liberties. He didn't deliver on civil liberties but became worse than Bush with his personal kill list, unlimited detention for citizens and weakened Posse Comitatus.

So after he talked so reasonably on Iran, what's he been doing? He may not want soaring oil prices if he does Iran right now, but last week Panetta said on abc we're ready to attack Iran, it's just a matter of when Obama says go. Obama actually agreed with Bush on Iran until he campaigned for president. Overall, he's been worse than Bush on war activities.

Chicago Tribune ’04 "There's not much of a difference between my position on Iraq and George Bush's position at this stage." ~ Obama

Obama voted for war funding as a senator and defended his votes. He didn’t defund an illegal and immoral war. ( Vietnam was defunded by the Congressional Democrats)

2008 ~ Obama hailed the Iraq surge –harshly criticized by many Democrats the year before – saying it "succeeded beyond our wildest dreams."

December 2008 ~ Status of Forces Agreement with Iraqi leadership signed by BushAs a lameduck set the table for withdrawal was the same timetable Obama proposed within two months. Thus official US policy was this timetable when Obama took office.

At the height of the Iraqi surge, which per Obama “succeeded beyond our wildest dreams” there were 170,000 US troops. Now there are fewer than 50,000 which is the number the clown Rumseld said would be needed for that war, to invade, conquer , occupy and win.

Afghanistan 33,00 troops when Bush left office. By mid-2010, Obama nearly triples the troops to 91,000 troops.

The total number of troops fighting wars under Obama has been higher than it was under Bush except at the end of Bush's term.

Afghanistan has expanded out of control with Obama is drone attacking in Pakistan. He’s bombed Yemen, Somalia and threatened Eritrea. Obama continues to be belligerent toward Iran, despite their compliance per the IAEA and NPT. (This is the same pattern that led to Iraq invasion including sanctions.)

Obama started a fresh new war in Libya by bombing it, without even claiming it had anything to do with national security, violating the principles of Just War, in violation of the US Constitution, which is sworn to uphold instead claiming humanitarian reasons when his drones kill civilians elsewhere.

Has sent bunker busters to Israel. He has put troops in Africa.

Has kept the same Defense Secretary, Gates, as existed under Bush.

There's more I can't think of even at this moment.

BucEyedPea
06-03-2012, 10:04 AM

Romney may pick Lieberman for State too.

Donger
06-03-2012, 10:06 AM

Errr, Obama's on record that Iran becoming nuclear-armed isn't acceptable. You weren't aware of that?

BucEyedPea
06-03-2012, 10:09 AM

Romney will not be different than Obama or Bush in the ME. All Romney's advisors are the same ones Bush had. Romney spoke belligerently about Iran all during the debates. If this is one issue I would like him to filp-flop in it would be this.

Americans better wake up. There's been a silent coup in our govt with a crisis in both leadership and governance today. We are like Germany 1930 controlled by propaganda, war and fascism. The people have become sheep on both sides of the aisle.

Donger
06-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Romney will not be different than Obama or Bush in the ME. All Romney's advisors are the same ones Bush had. Romney spoke belligerently about Iran all during the debates. If this is one issue I would like him to filp-flop in it would be this.

Americans better wake up. There's been a silent coup in our govt with a crisis in both leadership and governance today. We are like Germany 1930 controlled by propaganda, war and fascism. The people have become sheep on both sides of the aisle.

LMAO

RaiderH8r
06-03-2012, 01:11 PM

I told you Hopiate addicts that Obama was an awful politician with a tentative grasp on reality and policy but "Hope and change" were in the air and the American Idol demographic came out in droves to vote for Bieber fever and now we reap what we sow. Thanks Merica.

mikey23545
06-03-2012, 05:33 PM
“GM employed roughly 252,000 workers in 2008. Now it has 207,000, with 131,000 of them working in foreign nations.” Citing data from the National Automobile Dealers Association, Rove estimated that “as many as 100,000 Americans lost jobs at the companies’ dealerships.”

GM and Chrysler creditors were left without compensation while Obama ensured that the United Auto Workers Union gained ownership equity in both companies. Then he stood by “as the UAW forced the closure of a plant in Moraine, Ohio, where workers had joined a rival union.”

But we've all been told what an incredible success GM was for Hussein...

mikey23545
06-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Anything Bain has done kinda pales in comparison, huh?

cosmo20002
06-04-2012, 01:06 AM
The man is driven by his massive ego.

Such a silly, very childish statement. I'd say pretty much anyone who thinks they can convince 70 million or so people to choose them for president probably has a sizable ego.

Frankly, Obama seems to me to have less ego than his recent predecessors, especially the most recent, who liked to portray himself as the badass cowboy. With all of the apologizing you Rs claim Obama does, its kind of funny to hear you also claim he has a massive ego.

Garcia Bronco
06-04-2012, 10:40 AM
I think most people are unhappy with Barry. The problem is that most see Romney as a plastic politician, who is willing to say or do anything to get elected. The "anybody but Barry" theme is not something that will energize the masses~

I agree. The President shouldn't win the next election, but he's got no one running against him.