PDA

View Full Version : Misc -- What is the absolute worst pizza that you recall eating?

Pages : [1] 2

Simply Red
06-03-2012, 07:02 PM
I ask because I just got served a 'Hot-N-Ready' Little Ceasar's' steaming pepperoni turd.

That's honestly not worth $5.00.

Unless I was homeless, or something, then it might be.

No poll - just discus which Pizza Joints served you up a turd, store bought is fine here, too.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:03 PM
I saw the title and was ready to post Little Caesars too. There's a reason it's $5 and it's still a ripoff.

milkman
06-03-2012, 07:06 PM
You know those cheap frozen pizzas you buy at your local grocer's.

Jeno's, Totino's, whhatever?

Yeah, they're better than Little Ceasar's, which is only slightly worse than Domino's.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:09 PM

Yeah, they're better than Little Ceasar's, which is only slightly worse than Domino's.

I have to say I actually like the new, improved Dominos. The ads aren't lying. It's pretty good cheap pizza now.

Simply Red
06-03-2012, 07:10 PM

have you had Dominoes lately? I actually would take Dominos to Papa Johns, these days. But we have Gallas (http://gallaspizza.com/) right around the corner. But today I'd finished moving my bizz into a warehouse/office and Little Ceasars was right there and I was starving. So i tried it. Not very good at all.

Ceej
06-03-2012, 07:10 PM

Man..

I remember going to Emporia State for a year. They had a Dominos right across campus. At one time their pepperoni and jalapeno thin crust used to be the best.

I don't think I've ever had terrible pizza. Worst case a large quantity of Cholula or Tobasco offsets any iffy pizza.

Rain Man
06-03-2012, 07:11 PM
In terms of purchased pizza, it's Little Caesar's and second place isn't close.

Milkman is right about Jeno's in the stores, but I haven't had a Jeno's pizza since I got out of college. You know, when I got enough money to buy ANYTHING else.

Count Zarth
06-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Some place in River Falls, WI.

Al Bundy
06-03-2012, 07:12 PM
When I first moved here to KC I lived down on 99th and Holmes, there was a little pizza joint down there named AJ's. For some reason their Pizza was really really good except the Pepperoni for some reason it gave me the shits real bad and it just tasted awful.

Simply Red
06-03-2012, 07:13 PM

Milkman is right about Jeno's in the stores, but I haven't had a Jeno's pizza since I got out of college. You know, when I got enough money to buy ANYTHING else.

Jenos and Tot's are both good, but it's critical to hit them w/ the broil toward the end of their cook-time.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Man..

I remember going to Emporia State for a year. They had a Dominos right across campus. At one time their pepperoni and jalapeno thin crust used to be the best.

I don't think I've ever had terrible pizza. Worst case a large quantity of Cholula or Tobasco offsets any iffy pizza.

I went to ESU too. Was Godfathers still open when you were there?

Flachief58
06-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Little caesars deffinatly the worst with Hungry Howies not far behind

Ceej
06-03-2012, 07:18 PM

I don't recall.

I attended 2003-2004.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't recall.

I attended 2003-2004.

You'd know if it was. Quarter of a block from campus on Commercial, on the left. Too bad it closed. Good pizza. It's where we'd go when we had a few more bucks and could afford better than the Dominos.

I was there 88-91.

Ceej
06-03-2012, 07:22 PM
FWIW, you get what you pay for when it comes to pizza.

I remember living off those cheap, frozen pizzas in college.

As i previously mentioned enough hot sauce can cover up the taste.

My preference is Cholula.

Ceej
06-03-2012, 07:23 PM
You'd know if it was. Quarter of a block from campus on Commercial, on the left. Too bad it closed. Good pizza. It's where we'd go when we had a few more bucks and could afford better than the Dominos.

I was there 88-91.

I forget when my uncle attended there.

He was a TKE.

He had pretty good stories about playing pool with Leon Lett.

milkman
06-03-2012, 07:24 PM

I actually like those cheap store bought frozen pizza as a cheap early morning snack if I don't feel like cooking up a good breakfast on my days off.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I forget when my uncle attended there.

He was a TKE.

He had pretty good stories about playing pool with Leon Lett.

He went the same time as me then. I lived in the same dorm as Leon Lett my freshman year, first semester. Then I moved into an apartment. Wasn't in a frat but had a few TKE friends. Maybe one was your uncle, heh.

Ceej
06-03-2012, 07:27 PM
He went the same time as me then. I lived in the same dorm as Leon Lett my freshman year, first semester. Then I moved into an apartment. Wasn't in a frat but had a few TKE friends. Maybe one was your uncle, heh.

He was a pool shark.

He worked at a convenience store and bartended at Bruffs.

His name is Mike Thomas.

Rain Man
06-03-2012, 07:27 PM

There was a Godfather's about five minutes from my house when I was in high school, and I adored that place. I'm not sure if it's the best pizza I've ever had, but it's in the discussion and could well rank up there. I prefer deep dish over other types of pizza.

Actually, the best pizza I've ever had is one that I've made myself. It's from (I think) the Silver Palate Cookbook and it takes all day to make, but ... wow.

Superturtle
06-03-2012, 07:28 PM
No pizza hut? Pretty bad for what it costs.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Pretty much echoing what has already been said.

Little Ceasers is without a doubt the worst restaurant (and I'm using that term loosely) pizza. Godfather's was horrible the last couple times I had it too, I used to love it as a kid, don't know if it was the pizza or me that changed.

And I don't care how cheap Totino's is, it isn't worth the money.

Ceej
06-03-2012, 07:29 PM
This thread is sort of depressing.

I dont think I've ever had a great slice of pizza.

Rain Man
06-03-2012, 07:30 PM

It's not a good value for the money when delivered, but I actually think the stuffed crust pizza is pretty darn good. My wife would disagree with that, but I'm a big fan of having lots of cheese. Plus, I really like those cinnamon sticks that you can order with them.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:31 PM
He was a pool shark.

He worked at a convenience store and bartended at Bruffs.

His name is Mike Thomas.

Name doesn't ring a bell but honestly I don't remember many peoples names from college that weren't in my departments. Bruffs was the place back then though. Many a drunk night there.

WV
06-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Chucky E Cheese is by far the worst. Little Ceasars isn't great, but when its fresh its still better than most frozen pizzas.

I like the new Dominoes better than any other chains. Ledo's is overrated and pizza hut has gone down hill. The best around here is a local Italian owned joint called Kings. On par with pizza I've had in NY.

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2012, 07:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/F91YK.jpg

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2012, 07:34 PM
This thread is sort of depressing.

I dont think I've ever had a great slice of pizza.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gjr8LduX1qhx3ir.gif

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
There was a Godfather's about five minutes from my house when I was in high school, and I adored that place. I'm not sure if it's the best pizza I've ever had, but it's in the discussion and could well rank up there. I prefer deep dish over other types of pizza.

Actually, the best pizza I've ever had is one that I've made myself. It's from (I think) the Silver Palate Cookbook and it takes all day to make, but ... wow.

Godfathers wasn't the best but we liked it. I ate at a place in KC last year... a chain... can't recall the name now. Minskys! Just came to me, ha. Took one bite and said "it's Godfathers again!" It was nice to taste that again after so many years. Good times.

Saulbadguy
Pizza Hut "thin crust", beef.

Hayseeds around here seem to love this but my god, that is garbage.

Ceej
Pretty much echoing what has already been said.

Little Ceasers is without a doubt the worst restaurant (and I'm using that term loosely) pizza. Godfather's was horrible the last couple times I had it too, I used to love it as a kid, don't know if it was the pizza or me that changed.

And I don't care how cheap Totino's is, it isn't worth the money.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU SON OF A B!!

milkman

Pizza Hut was good when I was a kid.

Haven't had any for over 30 years, though.

Superturtle
06-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Dominoes carry out special with double ham and provolone is great for me.

ThaVirus
It's not a good value for the money when delivered, but I actually think the stuffed crust pizza is pretty darn good. My wife would disagree with that, but I'm a big fan of having lots of cheese. Plus, I really like those cinnamon sticks that you can order with them.

I love me some stuffed crust pizza!

Ceej
Pizza Hut "thin crust", beef.

Hayseeds around here seem to love this but my god, that is garbage.

What's that place called off Gage?

Via's?

It was meh.

Infidel Goat
06-03-2012, 07:37 PM
With all due respect to Michael Scott, I find Szbarro azbysmal.

There also used to be a place in Crown Center that had crust that tasted like Wonder Bread. Can't remember the name...

WV is probably right, though, that Chuck E Cheese tops them all in suckitude.

milkman
06-03-2012, 07:38 PM
The best pizza I've ever had was a place in Ventura called Big Al's Old Mountain House.

Big Cheese Pizza in Wichita was a good pizza back in the day (late 70s, early 80s).

LiveSteam
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
The original God fathers dive, was just a few blocks away from where I grew up.

EDIT/ IMO's is my favorite pizza

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:40 PM
The best pizza I've ever had was a place in Ventura called Big Al's Old Mountain House.

Big Cheese Pizza in Wichita was a good pizza back in the day (late 70s, early 80s).

Please save it for the best pizza thread.

:D

InChiefsHell
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Back in the day, takin' the kids to Chuckie Fucking Cheese...the absolute worst pizza ever made. Bar none.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:42 PM
The original God fathers dive, was just a few blocks away from where I grew up.

Was it good?

milkman
06-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Please save it for the best pizza thread.

:D

I believe we've established that Little Ceasar's is the shittiest, so I just expanded to best.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:43 PM
I believe we've established that Little Ceasar's is the shittiest, so I just expanded to best.

There ya go blazing trails again.

milkman
06-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Back in the day, takin' the kids to Chuckie ****ing Cheese...the absolute worst pizza ever made. Bar none.

Me and a buddy would take our kids to Chuckie Cheese on the weekends, and it wasn't as bad as Little Ceasars.

SCTrojan
06-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Place called Anthony's. You find it in a lot of military base food courts. Ate a slice from the branch in Wuerzburg, Germany. Convinced to this day that it was the sole reason I had flu-like symptoms for the next three days.

QuikSsurfer
06-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Little Caesars is definitely the worst outta that bunch...

Do you eat like shit throughout the entire week? Long Johns and Little Caesars with BBQ mixed in between..

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Place called Anthony's. You find it in a lot of military base food courts. Ate a slice from the branch in Wuerzburg, Germany. Convinced to this day that it was the sole reason I had flu-like symptoms for the next three days.

That was because the cook, who had the flu, licked it and then stuck it down his pants when you asked for extra cheese. I believe his exact quote as you walked away was "I've got your extra cheese right here asshole."

LiveSteam
06-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Was it good?

NO!

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 07:50 PM
NO!

Well I guess it fits in here then.

Fairplay
06-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Papa John's is best quality pizza franchise.

Catch them when they have sales for the best deal.

Simply Red
06-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Little Caesars is definitely the worst outta that bunch...

Do you eat like shit throughout the entire week? Long Johns and Little Caesars with BBQ mixed in between..

Too much so, lately, I'm still Ok on my weight, but yeah, I definitely do need to eat better.

BryanBusby
06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
CiCi's pizza

If I ever wondered what asshole flavored pizza would taste like, I'll just recall the one time I had the "privilege" to eat there.

milkman
06-03-2012, 07:57 PM

Never had Papa John's.

My own personal experience is that Round Table is the best franchise.

Shakey's in Ventura used to be damn good, but any other city, especially the one I tried in Phoenix, they were just crap.

Saulbadguy
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM
What's that place called off Gage?

Via's?

It was meh.

It's crap.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-03-2012, 07:59 PM
The only bad pizza I ever had growing up was CiCi's. Other than that there's no such thing as bad pizza.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 08:00 PM
NO!
You didn't like Godfather's back in the day?

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 08:01 PM

He's obviously a ner' do well.

Simply Red
06-03-2012, 08:01 PM

I completely abused the Godfathers off of 7hwy, growing up.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 08:03 PM
He's obviously a ner' do well.
Oh, no doubt about that. He lit the creek in our neighborhood on fire one time.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Oh, no doubt about that. He lit the creek in our neighborhood on fire one time.

That's not easy to do. I have to give him a B for effort at least then.

Ok with some gasoline or oil it is easy to do. D work.

Phobia
06-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Any place where the focus is more on entertaining the kids than putting pizza on a table makes this list.

Simply Red
06-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Any place where the focus is more on entertaining the kids than putting pizza on a table makes this list.

Funhouse even? It's dark w/ neon lights everywhere and they used to have a toy mechanical riding-bull. :evil:

cabletech94
we used to have a "who could make the jankest pizza" on buffet days.

i think the canadian bacon and onion with anchovies was the winner that one time.

there was one slice gone when the buffet rush was over. never saw who ate it. that poor bastard!

Delano
Yeah, I'll admit, I thought of CiCi's and Lil' Caeser's immediately.

There used to be a Godfathers here with two levels and in the center there was a big open area. The asshole in me loved to dump Parmesan dust from the balcony.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Best pizza I've ever had is Pizzeria Bianco down in Phoenix. I wanna hit up NY and try Lombardi's I've heard that's amazing.

thurman merman
06-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Probably Incredible Pizza. Not only does their pizza suck, but I went there today and they told me I was required to purchase a fountain drink in order to eat pizza. So I left. It was over $20 for buffet for two people. I can get real pizza for that. I explained to the cashier, and subsequently to the manager, that we only wanted water to drink. They both replied, "There's no way around it. We have to charge you for a drink."

WTF????

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 08:13 PM
we used to have a "who could make the jankest pizza" on buffet days.

i think the canadian bacon and onion with anchovies was the winner that one time.

there was one slice gone when the buffet rush was over. never saw who ate it. that poor bastard!

If you were a pizza flavor (ice cream) you'd be pralines and dick. /Garth

cabletech94
06-03-2012, 08:19 PM
If you were a pizza flavor (ice cream) you'd be pralines and dick. /Garth

i guarantee that if we had pralines there, they'd end up as a topping.

the dick thing (or related things), shit, SON, those easily ended up on certain asshats orders.

Phobia
06-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Funhouse even? It's dark w/ neon lights everywhere and they used to have a toy mechanical riding-bull. :evil:

Funhouse is focused on pizza. Entertainment is secondary.

Simply Red
06-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Funhouse is focused on pizza. Entertainment is secondary.

I'd like to focus on their pizza, haven't had it in years.

KcMizzou
06-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Any place where the focus is more on entertaining the kids than putting pizza on a table makes this list.Cici's or Pizza Street (I kinda think they're the same place.) All the pizza you want for like $2.99 each. It's horrible, but hey there's an arcade from 1983!!!!!

Zebedee DuBois
06-03-2012, 08:27 PM
The worst pizza I ever had came from Little Caesars.

rockymtnchief
06-03-2012, 08:31 PM
I'll throw in another vote for Lil Ceasers. I ate there once ten years ago and have never gone back.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 08:31 PM
The worst pizza I ever had came from Little Caesars.

When my daughter was a baby I once smeared one of her dirty diapers on a $5 pepperoni from Little Seizures and it improved it.

True story.

Dartgod
06-03-2012, 08:32 PM
There is, or was, a place in Peculiar, MO called Katie's Pizza. A friend's band was playing there on a Friday night a couple of years ago, so we decided to go listen to them and eat some pizza.

I swear this was some frozen pizza that they unwrapped in the back and warmed up in the oven. Nasty stuff. We ordered ours with extra cheese and you could tell that they just cut some american cheese slices into little pieces and spread them around.

The God Hypothesis
06-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Chucky cheese pizza is awful, worse than lil Caesars. If that doesn't count Emo's (?) st Louis style pizza was pretty fucking terrible as well.

Lumpy
06-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Gonzo and I bought a Digiorno Spinach Mushroom and Garlic pizza once. It tasted pretty good until we were puking our guts out.

Frozen pizzas... never again!!

I agree that Big Cheese Pizza was the shit in the 80's and 90's! I'm really addicted to Papa Murphy's Take & Bake. I usually get the Gourmet Chicken Garlic pizza w/ bread sticks and a S'mores dessert pizza. :drool:

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Gonzo and I bought a Digiorno Spinach Mushroom and Garlic pizza once. It tasted pretty good until we were puking our guts out.

Frozen pizzas... never again!!

I agree that Big Cheese Pizza was the shit in the 80's and 90's! I'm really addicted to Papa Murphy's Take & Bake. I usually get the Gourmet Chicken Garlic pizza w/ bread sticks and a S'mores dessert pizza. :drool:

You were like 5 in the 80's. The whole decade.

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Why the fuck you guys eating pizza at Chuck E Cheese?

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Why the **** you guys eating pizza at Chuck E Cheese?

Kids numbutt.

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Kids numbutt.

Why the fuck you got kids?

The God Hypothesis
06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Why the **** you guys eating pizza at Chuck E Cheese?

Flat beer too. Domestication is a sad tale...

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Flat beer too. Domestication is a sad tale...

My friend was telling me about this Chuck E Cheese near his college town that constantly had a police presence due to drunken parents brawling with each other. Seems like a pretty cool place.

KcMizzou
06-03-2012, 08:45 PM
With frozen pizza, you kinda know what you're getting. You don't expect it to be great.

The best frozen I've had was Shakespeare's. It's a locally famous place in Columbia. When I saw it at the HyVee up the street, I had to buy it. They only had pepperoni, or plain cheese.

I went with the pepperoni, and it's the best frozen pizza I've ever had.

Dr. Facebook Fever
Why the **** you got kids?

I fucked my wife and didn't pull out and paint her face once. Ex-wife. Nearly 16 years ago. And I've never been to a a Chuck E. Cheese ftr.

Simply Red
http://i.imgur.com/F91YK.jpg

QFT

Lumpy
You were like 5 in the 80's. The whole decade.

LMAO Fine. Late 80's. My father's store was right around the corner from a Big Cheese Pizza. The owner knew my dad pretty well, so I got free soda whenever I wanted. :D

Simply Red
06-03-2012, 08:47 PM
My friend was telling me about this Chuck E Cheese near his college town that constantly had a police presence due to drunken parents brawling with each other. Seems like a pretty cool place.

I'd empty the coins out of my purse to know which location that was.

chasedude
06-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Love me some Palermo's frozen pizza's...

http://www.palermospizza.com/images/products/primo-thin/new2010/41298_Pepperoni.jpg

Lumpy
06-03-2012, 08:48 PM
I'd empty the coins out of my purse to know which location that was.

ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 08:48 PM
LMAO Fine. Late 80's. My father's store was right around the corner from a Big Cheese Pizza. The owner knew my dad pretty well, so I got free soda whenever I wanted. :D

The 80's were my decade dumplins. That was when I was cool. Do be bringin all your "the 80's" stuff up in heeya.

Rep for free soda though.

Canofbier
06-03-2012, 08:50 PM
CiCi's pizza

If I ever wondered what asshole flavored pizza would taste like, I'll just recall the one time I had the "privilege" to eat there.

I'm surprised that the thread went so far before people started mentioning CiCi's. What utter crap.

Cici's or Pizza Street (I kinda think they're the same place.) All the pizza you want for like $2.99 each. It's horrible, but hey there's an arcade from 1983!!!!!

I haven't been there in a while (four years, maybe?), but I remember Pizza Street actually being okay.

cabletech94
06-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Love me some Palermo's frozen pizza's...

http://www.palermospizza.com/images/products/primo-thin/new2010/41298_Pepperoni.jpg

here's a tip. if you like to cook (or try something different for a change).

get 2 of the biggest flour tortillas that you can find. use a mister mister and spray both, overlapping one just a few inches above the other.
put on your favorite sauce, thin layer of mozzarella cheese, and 1 layer of pepperoni.

toss it in the oven @ around 500 degrees (broil it). for 6-7 minutes.

there's your ultra thin pizza. of course commercial pizza ovens more than likely get hotter than a home oven. but you can add more or less time trying to get it right.

one of our best pizzas was made this way. the ultra thin crust pizza was one of my favorites. it was a special, and only went for 1 summer, but i loved every day of it!

Lumpy
06-03-2012, 09:02 PM
The 80's were my decade dumplins. That was when I was cool. Do be bringin all your "the 80's" stuff up in heeya.

Rep for free soda though.

You weren't cool unless you pulled up to Big Cheese Pizza in your El Camino, wearing a wife beater and "Hammer" pants, and sporting a mullet. :p

Inmem58
06-03-2012, 09:04 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/61473c72-25a3-cf2e.jpg

Garbage in a box

Lumpy
06-03-2012, 09:04 PM
here's a tip. if you like to cook (or try something different for a change).

get 2 of the biggest flour tortillas that you can find. use a mister mister and spray both...

ROFL

http://991.com/NewGallery/Mr-Mister-Is-It-Love-Live-D-102350.jpg

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:05 PM
You weren't cool unless you pulled up to Big Cheese Pizza in your El Camino, wearing a wife beater and "Hammer" pants, and sporting a mullet. :p

I had the mullet and the hammer pants. Didn't have my first car until I was a junior in college so I couldn't pull up to anything. I rocked my girlfriends plain white sedan though.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:06 PM
ROFL

Mr. Mister was awesome babe.

Lumpy
06-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I had the mullet and the hammer pants. Didn't have my first car until I was a junior in college so I couldn't pull up to anything. I rocked my girlfriends plain white sedan though.

I knew it! LMAO

KcMizzou
06-03-2012, 09:07 PM
I was serious about that Shakespeare's pizza though. If you see it, buy it.

Lumpy
06-03-2012, 09:07 PM

I wouldn't know. Apparently I don't know the 80's. :rolleyes:

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 09:10 PM
No, they were horrible. Worse than Little Ceaser's pizza.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Did KcMizzou say something?

KcMizzou
06-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Did KcMizzou say something?Seriously. (asshole) LMAO

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:13 PM
I knew it! LMAO

Well to be honest the hammer pants were just a short faze. I was the first boy to piece his ear in my high school... which made me a bit of an outcast. Usually I rocked the ripped jeans, black boots with chains around the neck and bottom, long black overcoat, 5 o'clock shadow (could grow my beard it as a junior... outcast there too), gloves with the fingers cut off and I even painted my fingernails black before it was rock n roll for guys to do that. Cross between Judd Nelson (Bender) in The breakfast Club and Keifer Sutherland (David) in The Lost Boys.

I was pretty hardcore.

:)

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:14 PM
No, they were horrible. Worse than Little Ceaser's pizza.

Take... these Broken Wings... and learn to fly again... learn to live so free... Bugeater.

Dartgod
06-03-2012, 09:15 PM

I had a mullet and an El Camino. Just not at the same time.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Take... these Broken Wings... and learn to fly again... learn to live so free... Bugeater.
Puts gun to head...considers pulling trigger...

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Puts gun to head...considers pulling trigger...

Kyrie Eleison
Down the road that I must travel
Kyrie Eleison
Through the darkness of the night
Kyrie Eleison
Where I'm going will you follow
Kyrie Eleison
On a highway in the night

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Kyrie Eleison
Down the road that I must travel
Kyrie Eleison
Through the darkness of the night
Kyrie Eleison
Where I'm going will you follow
Kyrie Eleison
On a highway in the night
Points gun towards noonan's head...considers pulling trigger...

cdcox
06-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Lil' Caesars.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Points gun towards noonan's head...considers pulling trigger...

You love me Bug. You won't do it.

KcMizzou
06-03-2012, 09:29 PM
You love me Bug. You won't do it.Brace yourself... he might.

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2012, 09:30 PM
One time I had to fish a piece of pizza from the bottom of a Chuk E Cheese ball pit. I ended up getting gangrene on my tongue. SO not worth the bouncy balls I bought with my tix!!!

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Brace yourself... he might.

Bug won't kill me. He may maim me but he won't kill me.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 09:31 PM
You love me Bug. You won't do it.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/12/12/movies/12torino.large1.jpg

mnchiefsguy
06-03-2012, 09:32 PM
I was serious about that Shakespeare's pizza though. If you see it, buy it.

Excellent frozen pizza. Hy-Vee has not had it in its Raytown store for a few months now though, so they might have quit carrying it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:33 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/12/12/movies/12torino.large1.jpg

I watched that movie today. Good movie. The funny thing was it reminded me of you. But I'd be the kid you died for in the end because you love me.

Munson
06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Without a doubt, Little Caesar's is the worst.

But I actually used to like it back in the 90's when I was a teenager.

Lumpy
06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Wow. Is it getting ghey in here, or is it just beerme?

LMAO

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Wow. Is it getting ghey in here, or is it just beerme?

LMAO

Wow. You ignore my 80's style and choose instead to call me ghey because I love Bug and he loves me. I thought we were tight.

shakesthecat
06-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Imo's in StL is hands down the worst excuse for pizza ever. I'd gladly take Lil' Caesar's over that crap any day.

Rain Man
06-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Imo's in StL is hands down the worst excuse for pizza ever. I'd gladly take Lil' Caesar's over that crap any day.

If I was in the room with you, I would punch you in the mouth for that. Or at least I would think about it, but would instead mumble something incoherent and then excuse myself to go get a drink.

I love Imo's.

Simply Red
06-03-2012, 09:46 PM

LOL - Imo's.

Rain Man
06-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Well to be honest the hammer pants were just a short faze. I was the first boy to piece his ear in my high school... which made me a bit of an outcast. Usually I rocked the ripped jeans, black boots with chains around the neck and bottom, long black overcoat, 5 o'clock shadow (could grow my beard it as a junior... outcast there too), gloves with the fingers cut off and I even painted my fingernails black before it was rock n roll for guys to do that. Cross between Judd Nelson (Bender) in The breakfast Club and Keifer Sutherland (David) in The Lost Boys.

I was pretty hardcore.

:)

Oh, weird. I almost perfectly emulated the style of Anthony Michael Hall in that same movie. It was accidental, but uncanny.

scho63
06-03-2012, 09:49 PM
CiCi's buffet pizza is crapcrap

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Oh, weird. I almost perfectly emulated the style of Anthony Michael Hall in that same movie. It was accidental, but uncanny.

We could have been friends by the end of the movie.

Lumpy
06-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Wow. You ignore my 80's style and choose instead to call me ghey because I love Bug and he loves me. I thought we were tight.

That's where you're wrong. It was a blanket statement in regards to your 80's style and the Bug-love stuff. :)

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 09:52 PM
I watched that movie today. Good movie. The funny thing was it reminded me of you. But I'd be the kid you died for in the end because you love me.
All the love in the world, I'll be sending you.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:54 PM
All the love in the world, I'll be sending you.

I left you a couple goodies in the video thread... because I value our friendship and shit.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:56 PM
That's where you're wrong. It was a blanket statement in regards to your 80's style and the Bug-love stuff. :)

I'd still rock my 80's style today if I could get away with it. Not even kidding.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 09:57 PM
I was still rocking my 80s hairstyle when I got married in 1993.

Sannyasi
06-03-2012, 09:59 PM
I actually really enjoy Little Caesars, for the price.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 09:59 PM

I let the mullet go about 10 years ago. You don't let go of great things.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Why do people keep talking about pizza in our 80s thread?

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 10:00 PM
And holy crap that's an awesome pic Bug!

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Why do people keep talking about pizza in our 80s thread?

I was thinking about making a new thread because I know how much people like my threads around here.

-King-
06-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Guess I'm the only one that likes Little Caesars. Well the one by my house anyway. They use a lot of sauce like I like. For the price, it's very worth it IMO.

Rain Man
06-03-2012, 10:04 PM
We could have been friends by the end of the movie.

Possibly so, but would it last? What happens on Monday? If I came up to you on Monday, what would you do? You'd say "hi" and when I left
you'd cut me up so your friends wouldn't think you really liked me.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Possibly so, but would it last? What happens on Monday? If I came up to you on Monday, what would you do? You'd say "hi" and when I left
you'd cut me up so your friends wouldn't think you really liked me.

That's probably true. We ran in different circles. I might think you're an ok guy but I have a rep to keep up. Your friends aren't going to like my friends and vise-versa. But we'll always have detention.

And as it always happens you'll be a success as an adult and I'll be a stupid dj.

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2012, 10:12 PM

That can't be a real photo.

Bacon Cheeseburger
06-03-2012, 10:15 PM
That can't be a real photo.
It is. That's me and the Mrs circa 1993.

Reaper16
06-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Imo's, or any STL-style pie with Provel on it. I'd rather eat Little Ceasar's every single day of the week than eat an Imo's pizza one time.

Start Croyle
06-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Imo's

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Imo's

Brodie Croyle

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2012, 10:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/fX0PJ.gif

manchambo
06-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I haven't had Little Caeser's in quite a while, but Cici's is the worst I can recall.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-03-2012, 10:35 PM

I think it's cool.

shakesthecat
06-03-2012, 10:50 PM
If I was in the room with you, I would punch you in the mouth for that. Or at least I would think about it, but would instead mumble something incoherent and then excuse myself to go get a drink.

I love Imo's.

Grab me a vodka tonic while you're there, please.

Obviously you can pass off anything as pizza in a town that passes off Budweiser for beer.

Pizza, like everything else, is subjective.

Hey wait a minute....I like Bud.

aturnis
06-03-2012, 11:10 PM
I have to say I actually like the new, improved Dominos. The ads aren't lying. It's pretty good cheap pizza now.

The only new and improved Dominos I've had is terrible.

aturnis
06-03-2012, 11:14 PM
I actually really enjoy Little Caesars, for the price.

Yeah, but you're single and broke...

aturnis
06-03-2012, 11:20 PM

I'm guessing shorter has now, and a goatee? Possibly glasses.

KCtotheSB
06-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Me and the wife get a Hot 'n Ready from Little Caesars whenever the mood for pizza strikes and enjoy it. Although I can see how it would be hated....but hey, it's $5 pizza.

The worst I've had was CiCi's. Cardboard with tomato paste....

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Me and the wife get a Hot 'n Ready from Little Caesars whenever the mood for pizza strikes and enjoy it. Although I can see how it would be hated....but hey, it's $5 pizza.

The worst I've had was CiCi's. Cardboard with tomato paste....

That's Little Seizures. If CiCi's is worse than that I thank god we don't have one where I live.

Aries Walker
06-04-2012, 12:01 AM
I worked for Domino's back in the Dark Ages. Even though I generally like their pizza - even then - I have not smelled anything before or since that was as foul as a plain, black olive pizza.

Yecch.

Raiderhader
06-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Pizza from Casey's General store when I was a kid. Even as a kid who didn't know a bad pizza, that sh!t was just awful.

Bump
06-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Pizza from Casey's General store when I was a kid. Even as a kid who didn't know a bad pizza, that sh!t was just awful.

no way dude, that shit was the mofo bomb

Raiderhader
06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
no way dude, that shit was the mofo bomb

Someone recently mentioned CiCi's as tasting like cardboard. I've had CiCi's, and while no where near a quality pie, it does not taste like cardboard. That Casey's crap tasted EXACTLY like cardboard with cheese.

This was also probably 20+ years ago, so something might have changed. But like I said, as a kid who didn't even know McDonald's tasted bad, that pizza was NASTY.

Simply Red
06-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Someone recently mentioned CiCi's as tasting like cardboard. I've had CiCi's, and while no where near a quality pie, it does not taste like cardboard. That Casey's crap tasted EXACTLY like cardboard with cheese.

This was also probably 20+ years ago, so something might have changed. But like I said, as a kid who didn't even know McDonald's tasted bad, that pizza was NASTY.

lol - the CP'ers in Missouri all claim that this Caseys Pizza is great.

big nasty kcnut
06-04-2012, 01:03 AM
worst pizza loon lake washington five pound pizza yet it tasted like shit. one of the taste of it was chocolate. it was a bad pizza day for me. Also i blame grbac.

|Zach|
06-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Imo's and Minsky's.

jspchief
06-04-2012, 03:22 AM
lol - the CP'ers in Missouri all claim that this Caseys Pizza is great.Casey's pizza is good. I don't know about "great", and can't speak for anyone's experience 20 years ago, but it's pretty decent pizza now.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-04-2012, 03:45 AM
A bad pizza is like a bad blowjob...it's still pretty fucking good

Kyle DeLexus
06-04-2012, 03:50 AM
Little Caesars and CiCi's for me too.

I had to eat that shit for the past 4 years when I was going to school. Every single club meeting or anything on campus, they got little caesars. For some reason, one of my friends actually liked cici's so that ended up being our post intramural spot. I got to the point where I stopped going for free food on campus and would skip the post game cici's.

jspchief
06-04-2012, 04:07 AM
Little Caesar's is a miracle of modern science. To be able to combine so many ingredients and still come away with so little flavor defies odds.

loochy
06-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Jfc you guys are picky

Mojo Jojo
06-04-2012, 07:18 AM
PIZZA HUT!!!!!

Fried Meat Ball!
06-04-2012, 07:24 AM

This is exactly how I feel.

Stewie
06-04-2012, 07:34 AM
When I was in college (1980s) Domino's pizza sucked. I haven't had it since then.

ShowBiz pizza was horrendous. It was a ripoff of Chuck E. Cheese without the edible pizza. Fortunately, it didn't last long in our area.

Deberg_1990
06-04-2012, 07:46 AM
I saw the title and was ready to post Little Caesars too. There's a reason it's $5 and it's still a ripoff.

I kind of miss the old Little Caesers when their pizzas where rectangular and pan like. I dont like their bland style now though.

morphius
06-04-2012, 07:48 AM
When I was in college (1980s) Domino's pizza sucked. I haven't had it since then.

ShowBiz pizza was horrendous. It was a ripoff of Chuck E. Cheese without the edible pizza. Fortunately, it didn't last long in our area.
You think Chuck E Cheese is edible?

boogblaster
06-04-2012, 08:37 AM
domino's worst fo me ....

gblowfish
06-04-2012, 08:40 AM
I've had a LOT of bad pizza from pizza joints. These come to mind as the worst:

Several years ago I was staying with a buddy of mine who lived in a St. Louis downtown loft, right across the street from the St. Louis main post office. We were out drinking all night, ordered a pizza delivery from Imo's and a six pack of beer. They brought the most awful pizza ever, little squares of cold linoleum with dog food piled on top. And a six pack of Lemp Beer. If you've never had Lemp beer, it's the finest beer brewed in Evanston, Indiana. Worse than Schlitz, worse than Buckhorn, worse than Grain Belt. That "meal" gave me the George Brett Bellagio Shits for two days.

Got food poisoning from a pizza in Chicago called Giordano's once. Had to fly the next morning. Nothing like flying with food poisoning.

Bad local pizza: Little Caesars is bad. I've never had Chucky Cheese, because I don't have kids. The buffet places like CiCis and Pizza Street always suck. Had a pizza from Casey's general store a few months ago that was so greasy, you could literally pour the grease out of the box.

Best in my hometown Independence, MO is Minsky's, Square Pizza, Fun House and Tim's Pizza.

I've had a Shakespeare's Frozen pizza. It's OK, not nearly as good as the real thing in Columbia. I lived on that stuff at Mizzou. It's some of the best pizza in the state of Missouri.

Chocolate Hog
06-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Dominos and imos

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Micjones
06-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Probably won't earn me any stripes around CP, but Minsky's.
BLECH!

gblowfish
06-04-2012, 08:43 AM
With Minsky's a lot depends on what location you go to. I know some places do a much better job than others. The one I go to on MO 291 south of 23rd St. has always been good.

Chocolate Hog
06-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Minskys is the shit

Dartgod
06-04-2012, 08:47 AM

Does Steve Perry know you stole his look?

Micjones
06-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Minskys is the shit

Literally.

Frosty
06-04-2012, 09:13 AM
worst pizza loon lake washington five pound pizza yet it tasted like shit. one of the taste of it was chocolate. it was a bad pizza day for me. Also i blame grbac.

Holy shit - someone on CP that has been to Loon Lake! LMAO Loon Lake is about 40 miles south of where I live.

I kind of miss the old Little Caesers when their pizzas where rectangular and pan like. I dont like their bland style now though.

We used to get Little Caesar's back when I lived in Salem and was surprised at all of the negativity in this thread. However, that was almost 18 years ago, so it sounds like it has changed a lot if they have moved from the square pan pizzas.

For me, the worst I had was at a run down amusement park that used to be near Lincoln City, OR when I was a kid called Pixieland. It was like they ran the toppings through a blender and then thickly layered them on the pizza. Besides the fact that the toppings would all fall off the slice when you picked it up, it was just weird.

When I worked nights at the bank, I would occasionally get a late night pizza at a place right by where I worked (don't remember what they were called). On Friday nights, they had a large pepperoni crisp crust for $3.99. We called them cardboard pizzas but they would somehow hit the spot at 1 am. I wouldn't have considered going there any other time though.

Frazod
06-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Sbarro's. Crust tastes like Playdough.

The local Pizza Hut was pretty vile the one time we ate there - crust was so saturated with grease that the slice would droop completely when you lifted it out of the tray.

Luckily, bad pizza is one thing you generally don't have to worry about in the Chicago area.

HemiEd
06-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Very easy, we ordered delivered pizza to our hotel room in San Diego.

We were both famished and still threw it out. WTF? How do you make pizza taste that bad? Start with soggy, crap ingredients and a bad recipe.

Like a lot of bad memories, I don't remember the name of the place we ordered it from, but the weather was beautiful.

Chocolate Hog
06-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Literally.

No its great pizza

MrNightly
06-04-2012, 10:09 AM
ugh.. i was uh Fiji past year, and we wanted to get a pizza. big mistake. if you have never had a pizza with corn on it, just stop posting. it literally made me gag.

i had no idea we as Americans had perfected pizza so well.

okcchief
06-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Little Caesars is pretty bad, but it's great next to CiCis pizza. Really cheap Buffett and I wouldn't eat it again if they paid me too.

okcchief
06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Sbarro's. Crust tastes like Playdough.

The local Pizza Hut was pretty vile the one time we ate there - crust was so saturated with grease that the slice would droop completely when you lifted it out of the tray.

Luckily, bad pizza is one thing you generally don't have to worry about in the Chicago area.

Yeah, if those are bad the quality of Pizza in Chi-Town has set the bar high.

okcchief
06-04-2012, 10:27 AM
There also used to be this place called Peter Piper Pizza here. They had $3 pizzas in the 90s. Fucking horrendous. They had many here do I'm not sure if it was national or local.

LVNHACK
06-04-2012, 10:38 AM
A bad pizza is like a bad blowjob...it's still pretty ****ing good

No shit there is not 1 place listed that I wouldn't eat at under my current circumstances....

Dave Lane
06-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I had a pizza in Taiwan that was probably a cabbage pizza or something. Hideously nasty but at the time it tasted great because I had been in ROC for 2 weeks.

Fish
06-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Pizza Shuttle. Manhattan, KS. 776-5577 call us now Pizza Shitty!

Only somewhat edible when the blood alcohol content is .2 or higher. They would ship in frozen plain cheese pizzas, and then just add toppings and bake. It was really really really nasty... but open really late and right next to campus.

KevB
06-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Pizza Shuttle. Manhattan, KS. 776-5577 call us now Pizza Shitty!

Only somewhat edible when the blood alcohol content is .2 or higher. They would ship in frozen plain cheese pizzas, and then just add toppings and bake. It was really really really nasty... but open really late and right next to campus.

You're nuts! Admittedly, there *may* be some nostalgia associated with my response, but that pizza was top notch. :)

mr. tegu
06-04-2012, 11:55 AM

Or every time the Royals score 5 runs or more and win you get half off your entire order with the promo code. We got a medium pizza with special requests (pepperoni on the whole thing with half having pineapple) plus a 10 piece breadstick for $8. Was between $15-16 originally.

gblowfish
06-04-2012, 12:01 PM
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/7-worst-pizzas-america

Stewie
06-04-2012, 12:02 PM
You think Chuck E Cheese is edible?

I've never eaten at Chuck E Cheese. I figured since it's still in business it has to be better than ShowBiz.

ElGringo
06-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Down here all the pizza is pretty equally horrible. The main place in town is called Rin-Rin Pizza, basically not sure what type of bread they use, but it sucks. The Pizza is undercooked to the point the bread is still doughy, there is NO sauce on the pizza whatseover (it comes with catsup on the side). The first time I ordered one here and told someone I hated it, they said I ordered from the wrong place, tried the place they suggested and was just the same. I would love to have some real pizza right about now.

Fish
06-04-2012, 12:14 PM
You're nuts! Admittedly, there *may* be some nostalgia associated with my response, but that pizza was top notch. :)

Top notch? You crazy man... you crazy.....

Most of the time the box that it came in tasted better than the actual pizza.

Do you remember this:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/09KJyeNiOjU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/09KJyeNiOjU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

And no way no how did the pizza ever look like it does in the commercial.

mr. tegu
06-04-2012, 12:50 PM
I had CiCi's a few years back and it is worst than Little Ceasars IMO. At least with Little Ceasars once its gone its gone, whereas with CiCi's you think, "well maybe I will try a different flavor." Or even worse..."I paid for a buffet so I am going to get my moneys worth!"

thurman merman
06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Am I the only one who likes CiCi's?

Micjones
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
No its great pizza

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one B.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-04-2012, 02:24 PM

I'll have lunch there about 3 times a year. It's not inedible.

MoreLemonPledge
06-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Imo's pizza is fucking horrible. Ketchup on a cracker. Yet, everybody from St. Louis seems to think it's the greatest. It baffles me.

Thig Lyfe
06-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Imo's pizza is fucking horrible. Ketchup on a cracker. Yet, everybody from St. Louis seems to think it's the greatest. It baffles me.

Everybody from St. Louis is dumb, so...

BoneKrusher
06-04-2012, 02:57 PM
for me w/o a doubt it's Angelino's
the crust taste like cardboard with toppings.

Rain Man
06-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Imo's pizza is ****ing horrible. Ketchup on a cracker. Yet, everybody from St. Louis seems to think it's the greatest. It baffles me.

You're not eating it right or something. Are you perhaps mixing up the salad with the pizza?

thurman merman
06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
I like Imo's.

mr. tegu
06-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Sarpinos in Overland Park sucks. Pizza is okay at best but they have prices that would suggest they are serving something extraordinary.

sedated
06-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I like pretty much all pizza. About once a year I get a craving for Little Caesars.

I’m not a fan of Pizza Hut, mostly from working there in college, but I’d still eat it if it was free.

But I can’t stand Imo’s, or any place that uses provel cheese. Tastes like warm snot to me.

sedated
06-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Sarpinos in Overland Park sucks. Pizza is okay at best but they have prices that would suggest they are serving something extraordinary.

All places in south OP are like that. I guess the combination of unusually high rent and a shallow, elitist customer base makes them think they can charge 3x what they should.

WV
06-04-2012, 03:38 PM
I like pretty much all pizza. About once a year I get a craving for Little Caesars.

I’m not a fan of Pizza Hut, mostly from working there in college, but I’d still eat it if it was free.

But I can’t stand Imo’s, or any place that uses provel cheese. Tastes like warm snot to me.

Provel cheese sounds gross....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provel_cheese

Ceej
06-04-2012, 03:41 PM

I don't think it's terrible.

They have a pretty good buffalo chicken pizza.

DMAC
06-04-2012, 03:44 PM
I like explosive diarrhea.

FYP

DanT
06-04-2012, 07:40 PM
The Little Caesars in my town may me a bit unusual, because their pizza is not bad at all. They have several positive reviews on the town's wiki page:
http://daviswiki.org/Little_Caesars_Pizza

It's nowhere near the worst pizza I've ever had. I remember all that bad frozen pizza that used to dominate grocer freezers back in the 1970s, I've had worst pizza from Sbarro, which is saying a lot when you consider how much Sbarro loads down their pizza with high calorie stuff that should taste a lot better than it does. http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-sbarro-pepperoni-pizza-i55063

If I were a novelist and needed to write about a miserable urban dweller, there would definitely be a lonely meal at Sbarro in there somewhere about 15 to 30 minutes before the poor bastard threw himself in front of a subway train.

Reaper16
06-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I had a slice of Papa John's tonight. It was worse than Little Ceasars, or right on-par at the most.

listopencil
06-04-2012, 09:12 PM
The pizza from the concession stand at Starlight Drive In Theater in the city of Schertz, Texas. The meager toppings would slide off of the pizza on a layer of grease. If you were lucky.

BryanBusby
06-04-2012, 09:52 PM
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/7-worst-pizzas-america

#1: Worst Pizza in America
Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza (Individual)
2,310 calories
162 g fat (54 g saturated fat)
4,920 mg sodium

Wait, wait, wait. This is a one-person pizza? Yup. All 2,310 calories are destined for one soon-to-be expanding belly. This pie has been a perennial pick for us over the past three years, and the reason is simple: No other personal pizza in the country even begins to approach these numbers. It breaks every single caloric recommendation on the books, and it does it under the guise of a must-have “classic” dish. With the country being plagued by obesity, Uno should have the decency to banish—or significantly improve—this dish.

Eat This Instead!
Cheese and Tomato Thin Crust Pizza (Individual)
840 calories
33 g fat (15 g saturated fat)
1,770 mg sodium

Yeah, fuck that. I'd rather feel and look terrible than eat thin crust pizza.

KCUnited
06-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I ordered a room service pepperoni from a Marriot in Puerto Rico once. It looked legit until I bit into it and it had 100's of capers underneath the cheese. I like capers but this was like taking a mouthful of sea water.

I'll also vouch for the shittiness that is Judge's Pizza up on Englewood.

La literatura
06-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I remember this vividly. It was in Madison, WI. At a little basement bar that I'd heard had really good pizza.

I swear, I think it was Jack's Frozen Pizza. Worst damn thing I ever had. I was so excited, and this ripped me to pieces.

Bump
06-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah, **** that. I'd rather feel and look terrible than eat thin crust pizza.

lolwut? Thin crust pizza is bomb if made right

3rd&48ers
06-05-2012, 02:01 AM
Mr. Gattis
CiCi's
Chunky Cheese
Papa Johns...

Hell I like Little Caesar better than those above.

Predarat
06-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Wichita Public Schools Pizza. Nasty stuff there.

sedated
06-05-2012, 07:51 AM
I remember this vividly. It was in Madison, WI. At a little basement bar that I'd heard had really good pizza.

I swear, I think it was Jack's Frozen Pizza. Worst damn thing I ever had. I was so excited, and this ripped me to pieces.

I have been to a bar in KC that served Jack’s pizzas as their late night food offering. They put one of those Pizzazz cookers behind the bar and loaded a freezer with Jack’s to serve after the kitchen closed.

baitism
06-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Hating on Little Caesars pizza is ok, but don't you dare talk smack on their crazy bread!

mr. tegu
06-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I am surprised to see a few people mentioning Papa Johns. That is some pretty dang good chain pizza.

Ceej
06-05-2012, 09:47 AM
I'll vote for Papa Johns.

It's like their toppings are all glued together. Whenever you pick up a slice of pizza all of the toppings fall right off the pizza.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-05-2012, 09:50 AM
I am surprised to see a few people mentioning Papa Johns. That is some pretty dang good chain pizza.

Papa Johns is at the bottom of my list for chains, right above Little Caesars. I just don't like the flavors.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Chef Boyardee or just hearing someone's suggestion of pizza made with american cheese slices.

mr. tegu
06-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Papa Johns is at the bottom of my list for chains, right above Little Caesars. I just don't like the flavors.

To each his own. I really like the fact that the entire order is 50% off when the Royals score 5 runs or more and win. Last week that happened twice. Yum.

Predarat
06-05-2012, 11:10 AM

I wouldn't say I like it, nor hate it or really dislike it. It is what it is, cheap buffet pizza. If it is crowded it is not worth the trouble eating there. Alot of the problem with Cicis is some of the damn people of wal mart patrons, that can take away my appetite pretty damn fast.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2012, 11:14 AM

Dominoes has surpassed Pizza Hut and the other chains by miles. Their thin crust bacon and pepperoni is fucking awesome.

Inspector
06-05-2012, 11:26 AM

Seems like the market for warm snot pizza has really diminished over the past few years.

Simply Red
06-22-2012, 08:49 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/61473c72-25a3-cf2e.jpg

Garbage in a box

Negative rep.

durtyrute
06-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Fresh out of bootcamp some friends and I got a hotel room in Chicago. At around 2am, after drinking and looking up escort services, we decided to see if any places sold pizza that late. Sure enough we found one, Mario's Pizza and Liquor. THAT SHIT WAS AWFUL, but what do you expect at 2am.

boogblaster
06-22-2012, 09:07 AM
early dominos .....

listopencil
06-22-2012, 09:08 AM
A Little Ceasars just opened up in our town at the beginning of last week. I was surprised. It's edible and cheap.

Predarat
06-22-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm not sure if they sell them anymore, but they used to sell these microwave mini pizzas, they came in a plastic back. You would turn over the cardboard and cook it on the silver grey side. 4 mins 30 seconds and it was all done. Not very good but sometimes it did the job.

mlyonsd
06-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Worst frozen - Totino's
Worst chain - Little Caesars. There's a reason those hot and ready pizzas are only $5.

The Pedestrian
06-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Red Barron. Almost chipped a tooth on their crust, and the toppings weren't even worth it.

The Pedestrian
06-22-2012, 09:47 AM

PJ's The Meats didn't seem too bad, but I can see what you mean with their other flavors. Spinach Alfredo? WTF?

The Rick
06-22-2012, 10:58 AM
You guys are crazy...or maybe I am. But add me to the list of the few in this thread that like Little Caesar's.

Little Caesar's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pizza Hut

People who like Pizza Hut dumbfound me. I don't understand how anyone can eat that greasy stuff.

The Rick
06-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Speaking of greasy stuff, there's a local place here in Wisconsin that serves what they call a "ponza rotta".

Basically make a pizza, then instead of baking it, fold it in half and deep fry it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/truckstoplove/5482317950/

Stewie
06-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Speaking of greasy stuff, there's a local place here in Wisconsin that serves what they call a "ponza rotta".

Basically make a pizza, then instead of baking it, fold it in half and deep fry it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/truckstoplove/5482317950/

That's called a Calzone in the rest of the world.

The Rick
06-22-2012, 01:18 PM
That's called a Calzone in the rest of the world.

Calzone's aren't deep fried.

Stewie
06-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Calzone's aren't deep fried.

The typical calzone is stuffed with tomato and mozzarella, and may include other ingredients that are normally associated with pizza toppings.
The dough is folded into a half-moon shape then sealed with an egg wash mixture, or formed into a spherical shape and baked or deep-fried.

The Rick
06-22-2012, 03:06 PM
The typical calzone is stuffed with tomato and mozzarella, and may include other ingredients that are normally associated with pizza toppings.
The dough is folded into a half-moon shape then sealed with an egg wash mixture, or formed into a spherical shape and baked or deep-fried.
toe-MAY-toe, toe-MAH-toe

From the same Wikipedia page:

Fried versions typically filled with tomato and mozzarella, are made in Puglia and are called Panzerotti.

Stewie
06-22-2012, 04:45 PM
toe-MAY-toe, toe-MAH-toe

From the same Wikipedia page:

Fried versions typically filled with tomato and mozzarella, are made in Puglia and are called Panzerotti.

My point is that deep-frying calzones is what this guy was calling something else. No big deal. They're quite common in most Italian restaurants and pizzerias that serve calzones. I've eaten a few myself and they're quite good.

Psyko Tek
06-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Godfathers wasn't the best but we liked it. I ate at a place in KC last year... a chain... can't recall the name now. Minskys! Just came to me, ha. Took one bite and said "it's Godfathers again!" It was nice to taste that again after so many years. Good times.

YES, good doctor,
I loved Godfathers back in the 80's when it was just a nebraska chain, and then I came to KC for a chiefs raiders game in 06 and hit minsky's
jebus that is pizza of the GAWDS

HonestChieffan
06-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Dominos in columbia mo

The box would have been better

threebag02
06-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Dominoes, little Caesars, or Cee Cees all rank below McPizza

3rd&48ers
06-23-2012, 03:25 PM
A Little Ceasars just opened up in our town at the beginning of last week. I was surprised. It's edible and cheap.

There is a helluva lot worse pizza than LC, It's not bad and if you have 5 screaming kids to feed they love it.

Fishpicker
06-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Little Caesars and Dominos taste terrible to me, but the worst I have ever had was a Pizza Hut pan (thick) pizza. It looked good when i opened the box but the crust was raw and doughy. It was impossible to eat.