PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Internet and Tv - Overland Park Area

DBoweShow
06-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Sorry if there is a post about this but searched and didn't find one. I recently graduated college and got a job in Lenexa. So me and the significant other found an apartment in Overland Park, and we are trying to find out what the best option is for internet and possibly TV. We definitely will be getting internet, and we are 50/50 right now on TV. Would like some suggestions from you guys, and another thing is my job is a 6 month training period so i really just need something for months most likely.

Stewie
06-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I believe SureWest (formerly Everest) has the best prices. I'm not sure you'll get the best deal if you're only committing to six months.

DBoweShow
06-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Come on guys! I know you all can atleast say what service you have and if it is decent or not. Really looking into AT&T U-Verse. So if anyone has that could they say if they like it or not.

Coach
06-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Time Warner wasn't too bad for me. *shrug*

BryanBusby
06-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Come on guys! I know you all can atleast say what service you have and if it is decent or not. Really looking into AT&T U-Verse. So if anyone has that could they say if they like it or not.

I'm not in OP, but I've had no issues with U-Verse, outside of the shitty customer support from ATT. Others have had issues though.

Time Warner sucked ass all around and no NFL Network was lame.

SPchief
06-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi Joey!

yhf
06-04-2012, 10:31 PM
I haven't lived in OP since last year but in my experience Time Warner was the best bet, not to say I was thrilled with them but at the end of the day they won. A neighbor of mine had U-verse and hated em. He ended up paying quite a bit more than he expected for his plan. Coulda been his fuck up though. Ultimately if you live in an area that many providers cover you should be able to beat em up a bit pricewise. Lastly if NFL network is important to you, you could go DirecTV for cable and Time Warner for internet. I just signed up for their basic Internet package here in Dallas and got lucky, my connection is much faster than it is supposed to be.

morphius
06-04-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm Looking at moving surewest from uverse,as in my area they have fiber to the home.