PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Go on Record: Will Cassel have a good season in 2012?

Pawnmower
06-04-2012, 05:47 PM
So...Cassel has looked pretty good in OTA's.....Obviously there are a lot of haters on this board, but how many are just trolling? How many actually believe Cassel will succeed? How many are confident he will fail?

Man up. Put your vote on record....

Sofa King
06-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Cassel will not lead us to a Superbowl victory.

There, that was easy.

BCD
06-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Define Successful.

Pawnmower
06-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Define Successful.

good point...

Pawnmower
06-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Cassel will not lead us to a Superbowl victory.

I truly don't think us not inning the superbowl in 2012 means that Cassel would have to have had a crappy season...

I think cassel could have a successful season without winning it all....Hell winning 1 playoff game would be more than any Chief has done in 20 years.

Canofbier
06-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Define Successful.

I'd define success as overcoming our doubts about his abilities as a long-term solution for being the Chiefs' QB. I voted that he'd be "okay", managing to avoid being benched while failing to impress his critics.

BCD
06-04-2012, 06:04 PM
This is his 4th season. I don't think a play off win is too much to ask.

Pawnmower
Define Successful.

I'd say winning one playoff game or playing well enough in the playoff game that it was a general consensus it wasn't his fault that we lost would be 100% success.

There are probably other measures of success, but that would be the main one.....i'm sure there are others too

Douche Baggins
He will fail horribly, because the stakes are higher than ever.

Pawnmower
06-04-2012, 06:05 PM
This is his 4th season. I don't think a play off win is too much to ask.

I agree.

Deberg_1990
06-04-2012, 06:06 PM
I think he be ok. Probably 25 tds with 13 picks. Just enough to fool Pioli into a.contract extension.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pawnmower
06-04-2012, 06:06 PM
I'd define success as overcoming our doubts about his abilities as a long-term solution for being the Chiefs' QB. I voted that he'd be "okay", managing to avoid being benched while failing to impress his critics.

I'd say that is reasonable on all counts.

BossChief
06-04-2012, 06:12 PM
For me, he needs to maintain the td:int ratio he had in 2010 while improving his YPA by A FULL YARD and complete AT LEAST 63% of his passes.

I want to see his him at his best on third down and in the fourth quarter.

I want to see him deliver accurate passes under pressure.

I want to see him continue to look downfield once the protection begins to break down....NOT STARE AT THE RUSH AND BE SCARED.

I want to see him utilize his mobility to move the pocket and extend plays.

I want to see him complete passes downfield to open up the underneath game instead of relying on the dumpoff pass.

Basically, for Matt Cassel to have a "successful year" he will have to do at least half of that list...if he does, we have a chance of going deep into the playoffs with him.

If he doesn't show that by halftime of the tb game, he needs to GTFO.

KCDC
06-04-2012, 06:20 PM
I think he will have a generally good year in 2012. The better offense would make anyone look good. I think he will feel the heat of Stanzi and a new first round QB next year. I think he will revert to 2010 form and show flashes at being a very good game manager. Sadly, this may be enough to keep us from drafting his replacement in the first round.

He is capable of a good year when properly motivated; but, he is no franchise QB. His ceiling is Trent Dilfer or Alex Smith; but, even they had good years. We need better.

Brock
06-04-2012, 06:26 PM
We'll have a very mediocre passing game, lots of 150 yard games through the air.

keg in kc
06-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Successful by my standards? No. Successful by the Chiefs front office standards? We'll see.

TEX
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
We'll have a very mediocre passing game, lots of 150 yard games through the air.

Yep. Then when he has to step up, he won't.

saphojunkie
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Of course he will have a good season. It won't be good enough for us, but I'm sure it will be good enough for Pioli.

I would give anything for us to just cut Cassel and start Quinn or Stanzi. If neither of them are the long-term answer, then we will be drafting high enough to pick one of the top QB prospects in 2013.

Mr. Kotter
06-04-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm always an optimist this time of year.... :shrug:

Munson
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
As long as Charles, Hillis, Bowe, and Moeaki stay healthy, he'll probably have a "good" season if you're going by Matt Cassel standards.

If he has to carry the team on his shoulders, he will fail miserably.

DeezNutz
06-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Successful by my standards? No. Successful by the Chiefs front office standards? We'll see.

Breathing? Likely.

His stats and overall performance will be mediocre, but we'll win games in spite of him, and dumbshits will demand apology threads.

durtyrute
06-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I suspect he will not just have a "okay" season, I think he will have a damn good season. His td/int numbers will be close to the '10 season. He will have more yards while having less td's(Charles, Hillis and Gray will score alot more), but his int's will be up. I predict that we make it to the second round in the playoffs and lose by 7.

and it is so...........

rico
06-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I think he will be mediocre. If he fails to be mediocre with the supporting cast he will have this year, then he is probably missing his arms, legs, eyeballs, ears, head and penis. Then again, he just may be missing those things.

Von Dumbass
06-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I think Cassel is every bit as good as Jake Plummer was. If the Chiefs have a good running game Cassel should have a year comparable to his Pro Bowl season.

scott free
06-04-2012, 07:51 PM
If everything on paper even comes close to its potential, he's going to have a career year... its all tee'd just for him.

And thats going to be good enough for a possible playoff win, but beyond that, as the defenses get better, i predict fail... good enough to break your heart.

Coogs
06-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I posted this a lot last off season. The best QB's in the league average right around 14 INT's a season. AVERAGE! I'll be shocked if he duplicates his 2010 "7" Int season, because for one Weis had him throw the ball away as soon as anything went south on any given play. And two, for Cassel to AVERAGE 14 INT's like the big boys do, we are looking a a pretty high total in that column for him sometime soon.

Thing is, the good QB 's are good enough to overcome thier INT's. Cassel? We will see I suppose, but I haqve my doubts. Not from a guy who is 3:16.

BCD
06-04-2012, 08:43 PM
If the Chiefs have a good running game Cassel should have a year comparable to his Pro Bowl season.If?

el borracho
06-04-2012, 08:49 PM

Exactly this. And frankly I don't care how well he does this season, I want a 1st round QB next April.

michaelj_58
06-05-2012, 03:21 AM
With Hillis and Charles coming back,I think that will take the pressure off him.

PhillyChiefFan
06-05-2012, 06:10 AM
He has ZERO excuses this season to not play at a high level (don't think he will ever be elite)

Upgraded Oline, 3 solid WR's, upgraded TE's with Boss and Moeaki back, deadly running game, solid/potential damn good Defense, 4th place schedule, full OTA's...if he doesn't earn his paycheck this season, he better be gone...

PhillyChiefFan
06-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Exactly this. And frankly I don't care how well he does this season, I want a 1st round QB next April.

The thing that sucks is if Cassel has a good season, Pioli will continue to think he can win it all for us and we will never get the 1st rd QB.

Guru
06-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Not by my standards. I want a Superbowl .

Art Vader
06-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Pro Bowl caliber hand-offs this season!

Micjones
06-05-2012, 06:35 AM
I think Cassel will play well this season.
Which probably doesn't bode well for his "getting out of Dodge".

Radar Chief
06-05-2012, 07:56 AM
As long as Charles, Hillis, Bowe, and Moeaki stay healthy, he'll probably have a "good" season if you're going by Matt Cassel standards.

If he has to carry the team on his shoulders, he will fail miserably.

I was about to post something similar.
With the players the Chiefs will field this season, and barring injury to any of them, hes an acceptable run & shoot QB.

Predarat
06-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Voted for mediocre.

Kyle DeLexus
06-05-2012, 08:31 AM
You didn't have the option I'm foreseeing. So I just voted Fail.

I believe he will play completely shitty and get a lot of garbage time stat boosts when we are either winning by a large margin or losing by a large margin. He will also play like complete shit, but look decent because he has a pretty damn good supporting cast. We will all see he is a well below average QB and the Front Office will try to have us believe he is KC's All Pro QB.

lcarus
06-05-2012, 08:31 AM
I went with mediocre. It's what we do best.

Thig Lyfe
06-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Fuck no.

Matt Cassel sucks.

boogblaster
06-05-2012, 08:40 AM
if the D and running game bails him out .. he'll have a .. justgetithalfdonerightseason .....

KCrockaholic
06-05-2012, 08:44 AM
I think statistically he actually has a pretty good season by default. The talent around him is too good for him not to have a decent season.

mr. tegu
06-05-2012, 08:48 AM
I am expecting a good season by his standards. Anything beyond that is highly unlikely unfortunately.

pr_capone
06-05-2012, 08:50 AM
fail

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2012, 11:26 AM
So...Cassel has looked pretty good in OTA's.....Obviously there are a lot of haters on this board, but how many are just trolling? How many actually believe Cassel will succeed? How many are confident he will fail?

Man up. Put your vote on record....

Goddamnit Pawn, give up the ghost on this shite-heel already.

Thig Lyfe
06-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Goddamnit Pawn, give up the ghost on this shite-heel already.

Pawn is basically Kevin from The Office. He's betting on John Cougar Mellencamp to win an Oscar so he'll get super rich if the impossible happens.

Detoxing
06-05-2012, 12:06 PM

This. Like others have said, he'll be just good enough to go 10-6 at best, not get benched but do nothing to show that he's the answer.

He'll be Matt Cassel of 2010/Alex Smith of 2011. Just good enough to fuck us out of his replacement.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
This. Like others have said, he'll be just good enough to go 10-6 at best, not get benched but do nothing to show that he's the answer.

He'll be Matt Cassel of 2010/Alex Smith of 2011. Just good enough to fuck us out of his replacement.

Mmm...the sweet taste of mediocrity...

PGM
06-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Fewer turds shall appear in his tightie whities with the addition of Winston.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Fewer turds shall appear in his tightie whities with the addition of Winston.

Matt Cassel IS a turd in tightie whities.

HemiEd
06-05-2012, 01:01 PM
My hope is that he is on a very short leash and gets replaced quickly.

BoneKrusher
06-05-2012, 01:02 PM
My hope is that he is on a very short leash and gets replaced quickly.

as a Chief fan, That's The Best thing that could happen in 2012.

whoman69
06-05-2012, 01:12 PM
There's a big difference in the Chiefs having a good season and Cassel having a good season. Even in his best season here, the Chiefs finished 30th in passing yards. For him to even keep his job the bar should be set at a playoff victory. If I were owner, he would already be kicked to the curb. He is an NFL backup at best.

HemiEd
06-05-2012, 01:16 PM
There's a big difference in the Chiefs having a good season and Cassel having a good season. Even in his best season here, the Chiefs finished 30th in passing yards. For him to even keep his job the bar should be set at a playoff victory. If I were owner, he would already be kicked to the curb. He is an NFL backup at best.

You rate him higher than I do. A decent NFL backup (Orton) came in and made him look very bad at the end of the season.

BoneKrusher
06-05-2012, 01:19 PM
You rate him higher than I do. A decent NFL backup (Orton) came in and made him look very bad at the end of the season.

yep and that's exactly what i expected to happen.

saphojunkie
06-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Cassel is a classic example of letting sentiment overrule reason. He has had one good season, and zero playoff victories. I know that you can win with a "just good" quarterback, but here's the deal:

QB is the single most important position in all of team sports. Why on earth wouldn't you want your most important position to be your greatest strength?

Sure, a nation can prosper with a dumb king and a great army, but I'll take a great king and a mediocre army. (I'm watching too much Game of Thrones. Or not enough. Yeah. Not enough.)