PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Underdog Stanzi winning over fans in KC

Count Zarth
06-05-2012, 07:01 AM
:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

THIS MAN is a hero.

http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/common/medialib/294/607988.png

http://www.foxsportskansascity.com/06/05/12/Underdog-Stanzi-winning-over-fans-in-KC/landing_chiefs.html?blockID=741108&feedID=5089

KANSAS CITY, Mo. You brace for the usual jive. Some line about arm strength. Or poise. Or command of the playbook. How Ricky Stanzi is growing up, becoming a man before their very eyes.

Instead, Dexter McCluster considers the question for a second, repeating it out loud.

"The difference between Ricky now and then?" the Kansas City Chiefs' tailback/receiver asks.

"Yep," you say.

"He dances a lot. He likes to have fun."

"As in, dance in the pocket? That kind of thing?"

"No," McCluster continues, laughing. "Off-the-field, getting-your-groove-on type of dancing."

"What?"

"He's a funny guy. He's definitely a funny guy."

Yeah, deep down, there's a little bit of Joe Montana in Stanzi from a personality standpoint, at least. Joe Cool was infamous for cracking wise in the most tense of circumstances. During one television timeout in Super Bowl XXIII, the 49ers trailing the Bengals 16-13, three minutes and change left in the game, Montana grabbed tackle Harris Barton, pointed to the stands, and asked: "Isn't that John Candy?"

That's Stanzi.

"He's a guy that, when he first came in, you couldn't really read him," McCluster allows. "He always seemed real confident, always laid back. He's a guy that never shows frustration, never shows timidness. He's always relaxed and comfortable. You always like a guy like that."

The most beloved quarterbacks on the planet are the legends, the proven, the untouchables. The second-most are the unknowns, the backups, on the off chance that they might become one day become legends. It's one of the oldest axioms in the NFL: The bums you know can't hold a candle to the devil you don't.

Stanzi is a prime example of the latter. The less we see, the more the former Iowa star fascinates us. Other than three preseason appearances last August, in which he threw for one touchdown and was sacked nine times, nobody's really sure what the 6-foot-4 signal-caller can or can't do at this level.

"He had no offseason (in 2011), he had no chance in the fall because he had no chance to work on the playbook," notes former Chiefs great Ed Podolak, who called Stanzi's college tilts for the Hawkeyes radio network. "If he had had a playbook to work with and practice with, I think he would've played toward the end of the year."

Barring injury, there's a good chance he'll play before the end of this one. And, given that many Chiefs fans seem to have made up their minds (rightly or wrongly) regarding Matt Cassel and, to some degree, veteran backup Brady Quinn The Stanzi Lust Train is starting to pick up steam again. When you ask the Ohio native if he knows just how popular he's becoming in some parts of town, he shrugs.

"I mean, I really don't know anything about that," Stanzi says, grinning ever so slightly. "I try to stay out of those things, and you know, the (talk about) what's popular. I just go out and just do your job, and practice hard and know what you're expected to do and then just go from there. Be a good teammate."

And the dancing?

Another grin.

"I think that's a rumor," Stanzi says. "That's just a dirty rumor."

This isn't: Over the past two weeks of organized team activities (OTAs), the ex-Hawkeye, a fifth-round draft pick in 2011, has been splitting work alongside the second-team offense with Quinn. Of course, this gets Chiefs fans fairly excited, for the reasons mentioned above.

"It was nice to have this offseason to get (into) the playbook, obviously, look at all the new formations and the different things that are special to that offense," Stanzi says. "And just to go out there and actually do drops before actual training camp.

"Just that simple combination makes a huge difference when you're able to go out there, rep things out. Get a feel for what the offense is mentally before you actually go out there and do it physically."

In that sense, Stanzi's a rookie again, and not just because he's learning from scratch a new offense installed by coordinator Brian Daboll. A year ago, he lost all of the traditional rookie spring acclimation period the younger you are, the more valuable May and June are to your development because of the NFL's lockout, forcing a cramming job in July and August once labor peace was at hand.

"Yeah, it definitely feels more like, I guess, how a rookie year should feel," says Stanzi, who has yet to appear in an NFL regular-season contest. "You know more people on the team, obviously, from it being your second year, those simple things. But not having an offseason last year, it was just a different thing; you had to adjust to it. This year, (it's my) real first offseason as an NFL player."

And his first real offseason opportunity. While we're still in the shorts-and-helmets part of the pro calendar, now's the time to tinker. Stanzi is expected to rotate with Quinn on the second team until somebody settles into a lasting groove.

Last Tuesday, scribes walked away from the open practice at Arrowhead Drive talking about Stanzi's arm; On Monday, Quinn appeared to be the sharper of the two. Even if the tempo drags, this is one dance that gets a little more interesting by the day.

I bet anything this guy posts here.

SEAN KEELER is an award-winning columnist who joined Fox in 2012 after stints with The Des Moines Register, The Cincinnati Post, The Nashville Banner, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Arizona Republic, The San Francisco Examiner and The Topeka Capital-Journal.

Deberg_1990
06-05-2012, 07:04 AM
This could be a cut and paste job from 2006-2008...just replaced Croyle with Stanzi.

the Talking Can
06-05-2012, 07:13 AM
wtf does dancing have to do with Montana in the huddle?

that article is dumb enough to be from warpaint

BoneKrusher
06-05-2012, 07:16 AM
This could be a cut and paste job from 2006-2008...just replaced Croyle with Stanzi.

Croyle was a disappointment.
hopefully Stanzi turns out to be the real deal, the Football Gods know we deserve it.

durtyrute
06-05-2012, 07:30 AM
UNDERSTANZI

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-05-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm Stanzi Maniac!! Stanzi Mania!!!

Coogs
06-05-2012, 07:36 AM
hopefully Stanzi turns out to be the real deal, the Football Gods know we deserve it.

Word

-King-
06-05-2012, 07:36 AM
This could be a cut and paste job from 2006-2008...just replaced Croyle with Stanzi.LMAOLMAO

Chiefnj2
06-05-2012, 07:38 AM
These days for a QB to be compared to Joe Montana all you have to do is act cool in OTAs.

Okie_Apparition
06-05-2012, 07:49 AM
The Bengals were in a Super Bowl?

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-05-2012, 07:51 AM

Hell, the way some of CP sucks em off, you'd think they made it last year.

HemiEd
06-05-2012, 07:57 AM

Croyle was from Ohio and went to Iowa? :D

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-05-2012, 08:23 AM

Orange and BlackBerry Tiger Blood OH YEAH!!!

qabbaan
06-05-2012, 08:33 AM
How can he "win over fans"? He has never taken a snap in the regular season. His preseason play was mediocre at best. Regardless, "fans" have not seen him at all since the regular season began last year?

Reads like what you'd get if a cub reporter got told "write something on the backup quarterback for the Tuesday edition."

boogblaster
06-05-2012, 08:33 AM
well shit ... what next .....

HemiEd
06-05-2012, 08:34 AM
How can he "win over fans"? He has never taken a snap in the regular season. His preseason play was mediocre at best.

What? :spock:

That you Matt?

InChiefsHell
06-05-2012, 08:39 AM
How can he "win over fans"? He has never taken a snap in the regular season. His preseason play was mediocre at best. Regardless, "fans" have not seen him at all since the regular season began last year?

Reads like what you'd get if a cub reporter got told "write something on the backup quarterback for the Tuesday edition."

Cuz he's an untested unknown young talent. Fuckin sky's the limit!

Chiefnj2
06-05-2012, 08:45 AM
How can he "win over fans"?

Didn't you see the still photos? He's got better feet, a better arm and better recognition than any KC QB in the last 20 years.

BossChief
06-05-2012, 08:51 AM
He will get another standing ovation when he takes the field the first time in preseason.

The kids gonna give us hope.

KC_Lee
06-05-2012, 08:53 AM

Because we are Chiefs' fans, we've been falling in love with the back up QB since 1975!!!!!

KCrockaholic
06-05-2012, 08:54 AM
He needs to chop off the hair or somethin. I mean seriously how long will he let it get?

qabbaan
06-05-2012, 08:54 AM
He will get another standing ovation when he takes the field the first time in preseason.

Gee I can't imagine why someone from BF Iowa would irrationally think Stanzi was our savior

buddha
06-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Gee I can't imagine why someone from BF Iowa would irrationally think Stanzi was our savior

This.

And that article must have been written by a 12 year old.

BoneKrusher
06-05-2012, 09:35 AM
He needs to chop off the hair or somethin. I mean seriously how long will he let it get?

i don't care if his hair looks like Willie Nelson.
i just wanna see the Chiefs field a real QB for a change.

kaplin42
06-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Every summer there is someone who is doing great. And every summer the fans go apeshit about this awesome person, only to realize that they can't/won't produce durring a game.

No thanks. Start winning games or keep your trap shut. No more Brodies, no more Sippios

Molitoth
06-05-2012, 10:00 AM

Who gives a shit?

Clay Matthews?

Setsuna
06-05-2012, 10:23 AM
LOL now Quinn has to deal with another fanbase that will call for someone else but him. He sucks dick so hard, along with his buddy pestilence. Goooo Stanzi!

BossChief
06-05-2012, 10:32 AM

I'm not from Iowa, fool. This is where work took me.

Anyways, what difference would it have made if I was?

Not much difference between Iowa and Missouri, really.

vailpass
06-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Didn't you see the still photos? He's got better feet, a better arm and better recognition than any KC QB in the last 20 years.

Yes, he has. Then again so do I. You probably do too.

vailpass
06-05-2012, 10:40 AM

Going big city are you? In what part of the world do you live?

keg in kc
06-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I'll get excited when he does something worth getting excited about. OTAs ain't it.

vailpass
06-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I'll get excited when he does something worth getting excited about. OTAs ain't it.

Wrong. Peyton Manning has already won the SB this summer and Jonathan Baldwin eclipsed Jerry Rice. You need to keep up.

saphojunkie
06-05-2012, 11:02 AM
wtf does dancing have to do with Montana in the huddle?

that article is dumb enough to be from warpaint

Montana was notorious for having a jovial demeanor in the huddle. One of his offensive lineman always said that, just before their two minute drive in the super bowl, Montana stopped the huddle and said, "Hey! Check it out! John Candy!"

Everyone looked up in the stands and saw John Candy. They were all WTF Joe?! Then he called the play and won the game.

I don't think it means shit, but perhaps that was the connection.

saphojunkie
06-05-2012, 11:04 AM

It would make a difference if Gabbert were our QB.

Okie_Apparition
06-05-2012, 11:08 AM
There's no need to fear
coming to St Joe this summer

Fritz88
06-05-2012, 11:18 AM
It would make a difference if Gabbert were our QB.

You mean a horrible kind of difference?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2012, 11:19 AM

Whooooooaaa, patna'...:evil:

Anyway, Stanzi could not possibly be worse than Cassel. That is just unfathomable.

jspchief
06-05-2012, 11:29 AM

If you're saying Cassel is Huard, I agree.

Cornstock
06-05-2012, 12:24 PM

Speaking of this, remember the time Arrowhead tried to boo Green off the field after his concussion or whatever it was, in favor of Huard? Kennison got super pissed, as he should. Ya, it was the twilight of Green's career and he was pretty much done, but (I'm not pointing fingers at any of us here) we as a fanbase can't even appreciate someone like Green, who is easily the top 2 QBs we've ever had. We were ready to hurry him out the door so Huard could come in and be the heir-apparent. Sure, football is a business and all that spiel, but it was Trent effin Green.

Random thought, sorry for the off topic-ness.

HemiEd
06-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Speaking of this, remember the time Arrowhead tried to boo Green off the field after his concussion or whatever it was, in favor of Huard? Kennison got super pissed, as he should. Ya, it was the twilight of Green's career and he was pretty much done, but (I'm not pointing fingers at any of us here) we as a fanbase can't even appreciate someone like Green, who is easily the top 2 QBs we've ever had. We were ready to hurry him out the door so Huard could come in and be the heir-apparent. Sure, football is a business and all that spiel, but it was Trent effin Green.

Random thought, sorry for the off topic-ness.

You obviously weren't here at CP during that time, as there were only two Damon Huard fans on this board. Hootie and GoChiefs.

mikey23545
06-05-2012, 12:33 PM

I was just thinking the same thing about your post...Just replace Deberg with Dumbass.

mikey23545
06-05-2012, 12:36 PM

Iowa doesn't have nearly as many meth labs, does it?

Cornstock
06-05-2012, 12:38 PM
You obviously weren't here at CP during that time, as there were only two Damon Huard fans on this board. Hootie and GoChiefs.

No I definitely wasn't, thats why I was very cautious to not point fingers, because I had no idea what the vibe was around here. But I remember being appalled when the crowd was trying to boo Green off the field for a guy who was never anything more than a career backup. I don't know if they showed any of that on TV or if it was something you had to be there to see.

CP gets some pretty out there opinions sometimes, but at least it was sane enough (besides the small minority of Hootie and GoChiefs) to not support Huard over Green.

Cornstock
06-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Ehhh, there's quite a few in Iowa. It had some kind of record a few years back, like most labs busted in a single year-per-capita or something like that. And they use the number busted to estimate the total number in existence, so going by that number, there's a lot.

I interned for a county attorney for a summer once and we prosecuted 2-4 groups of people involved in busted labs per week. That felt like a lot.

qabbaan
06-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Going big city are you? In what part of the world do you live?

You don't think Iowa homerism plays a role in this Stanzi nonsense?

Cornstock
06-05-2012, 12:44 PM

What about the roughly 50% of Iowa that despises the U of I? Being from Iowa doesn't necessarily make one a Stanzi homer.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-05-2012, 12:46 PM
No I definitely wasn't, thats why I was very cautious to not point fingers, because I had no idea what the vibe was around here. But I remember being appalled when the crowd was trying to boo Green off the field for a guy who was never anything more than a career backup. I don't know if they showed any of that on TV or if it was something you had to be there to see.

CP gets some pretty out there opinions sometimes, but at least it was sane enough (besides the small minority of Hootie and GoChiefs) to not support Huard over Green.

He was also referred to as Down Field Big Game for a while. He definately had a few hanging from the old nut sack.

Setsuna
06-05-2012, 12:47 PM

Quiet n00b.

mikey23545
06-05-2012, 12:48 PM

LMAO

vailpass
06-05-2012, 12:51 PM
What about the roughly 50% of Iowa that despises the U of I? Being from Iowa doesn't necessarily make one a Stanzi homer.

50% despise the Hawks?
GTFO.

Frazod
06-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Not much difference between Iowa and Kansas, really.

FYP

HemiEd
06-05-2012, 12:59 PM
50% despise the Hawks?
GTFO.

I agree, traveling through that state a lot, my guess would be 88% Hawkeye loyal.

They remind me of Nebraska quite a bit.

J Diddy
06-05-2012, 01:09 PM

Not that they've found.

J Diddy
06-05-2012, 01:11 PM

That plays in, as well as, being from a midwest school. However, the biggest factor is that we drafted him. People are jonesing for a homegrown quarterback and this is a chance for that.

rico
06-05-2012, 01:17 PM

True that. I'm an Iowa resident/ND fan who is pulling for Stanzi over Quinn. Obviously, being from Iowa and my friends bein U of I fans, I have seen pretty much every Hawkeye game... The Stanzi era is the most I've ever been into the Hawkeyes. Stanzi is a gamer....real exciting QB to watch.

Not to mention, my 3 college roommates were Iowa standout (and current NO Saint), Mitch King's best friends. Therefore I used to meet Hawkeye players all the time through Mitch. I partied with (around) Stanzi a few times while he was at Iowa. Dexter is right about him...he is goofy. The most interesting encounter I had with him was at the dorms when he was a freshman and 4th or 5th string. I didn't even know who he was until people started clowning around with him about being 4th or 5th string and presumed to be behind Jake Christensen (who he beat out the following year) for the entirety of his tenure at Iowa. He was straight up silly and kind of rambunxious(sp?) during that time and had a pretty funny, self-deprecating sense of humor regarding his 4th or 5th string status at the time.

The last time I spoke to him was at a dude's place the night of the Tim Dwight football camp. A buddy of mine helped out at that. This was the summer leading into Stanzi's senior season. He was a bit more reserved than he was as a freshman, but was still nice, laid back and kind of goofy. The main thing I remember about that night as far as conversing with Stanzi, was talking about late 60's/70's rock bands like; The Doors, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Skynard, etc.

Very likable dude. Most of you would really like him on a personal level.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2012, 01:23 PM
We got a great deal on Stanzi. If he becomes the starter and wins playoff games and a Championship, Scott Fuckoli goes down in history as one of the greatest GM's ever.

vailpass
06-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I agree, traveling through that state a lot, my guess would be 88% Hawkeye loyal.

They remind me of Nebraska quite a bit.

Sounds about right. I go to the Iowa bowl games almost every year and the attendance speaks to a much larger cross section of the state than 50%. Growing up in Cedar Rapids it was around 95% Hawk.

Seems like out Ames way it is Clone, Des Moines has it's share of Clones, Bulldogs, and Hawks, in the other 97 counties it's pretty much either Hawk or Clone with the majority being Hawk.

rico
06-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Sounds about right. I go to the Iowa bowl games almost every year and the attendance speaks to a much larger cross section of the state than 50%. Growing up in Cedar Rapids it was around 95% Hawk.

Seems like out Ames way it is Clone, Des Moines has it's share of Clones, Bulldogs, and Hawks, in the other 97 counties it's pretty much either Hawk or Clone with the majority being Hawk.

I think you are right on. Most are Hawk fans with an exception of certain geographical areas as well as ISU alumni and their kids. What gets me is that there are a few born and raised Iowans who root for Michigan or Ohio State.

Ace Gunner
06-05-2012, 01:43 PM
True that. I'm an Iowa resident/ND fan who is pulling for Stanzi over Quinn. Obviously, being from Iowa and my friends bein U of I fans, I have seen pretty much every Hawkeye game... The Stanzi era is the most I've ever been into the Hawkeyes. Stanzi is a gamer....real exciting QB to watch.

Not to mention, my 3 college roommates were Iowa standout (and current NO Saint), Mitch King's best friends. Therefore I used to meet Hawkeye players all the time through Mitch. I partied with (around) Stanzi a few times while he was at Iowa. Dexter is right about him...he is goofy. The most interesting encounter I had with him was at the dorms when he was a freshman and 4th or 5th string. I didn't even know who he was until people started clowning around with him about being 4th or 5th string and presumed to be behind Jake Christensen (who he beat out the following year) for the entirety of his tenure at Iowa. He was straight up silly and kind of rambunxious(sp?) during that time and had a pretty funny, self-defecating sense of humor regarding his 4th or 5th string status at the time.

The last time I spoke to him was at a dude's place the night of the Tim Dwight football camp. A buddy of mine helped out at that. This was the summer leading into Stanzi's senior season. He was a bit more reserved than he was as a freshman, but was still nice, laid back and kind of goofy. The main thing I remember about that night as far as conversing with Stanzi, was talking about late 60's/70's rock bands like; The Doors, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Skynard, etc.

thx for sharing this. it affirms my thought of stanzi -- he's got the mental make up of a guy that can lead as QB -- the 'it factor' as they say. he shows this in his play, he's a crispy dude on the field imo, he can beat defenses with his mentality. I still have reserve for his arm strength, but hey montana was not a strong armed guy either. stanzi can improve the arm a bit, he's a young player, so we may see a lil more arm from him than we've seen.

in the end, I think cassel will play QB for the chiefs until stanzi can beat him out -- about 2 seasons from now, imo.

whoman69
06-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Croyle was given every chance to win the job once Trent was out of town, but he crapped his pants when he wasn't brokedick on the sidelines. Stanzi hasn't played with the 1's nor even got in an opportunity to play despite Palko crapping the bed against the Steelers.

Count Zarth
06-05-2012, 01:51 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Pqeao.gif (http://imgur.com/Pqeao)

Cornstock
06-05-2012, 02:45 PM
He was also referred to as Down Field Big Game for a while. He definately had a few hanging from the old nut sack.

No doubt Huard made some good plays. That same game he came off the bench and threw a 40 yard bomb down the sideline to Kennison, which was really clutch. He came in and did what was asked of him, which is all you can ask a guy to do. But he was never a #1.

Cornstock
06-05-2012, 02:50 PM
50% despise the Hawks?
GTFO.

No way dude! coming from someone who lives in colorado? really?

I would say 50% are for the hawks, and the rest are, in order from greatest to least, ISU, Nebraska (an abomination, I know, especially for Iowans), UNI (yes, they have a huge following, especially in the NE, and they hate U of I), with some Drake and others thrown in.

Edit:Vailpass: didn't know you were from Iowa originally. But Western Iowa is a different animal than Eastern Iowa.

Cornstock
06-05-2012, 03:04 PM
I'd really like to see a survey done to find out what the exact breakdown of fandom is in Iowa. Because what either of us say is complete conjecture.

InChiefsHell
06-05-2012, 03:08 PM

Not to mention, my 3 college roommates were Iowa standout (and current NO Saint), Mitch King's best friends. Therefore I used to meet Hawkeye players all the time through Mitch. I partied with (around) Stanzi a few times while he was at Iowa. Dexter is right about him...he is goofy. The most interesting encounter I had with him was at the dorms when he was a freshman and 4th or 5th string. I didn't even know who he was until people started clowning around with him about being 4th or 5th string and presumed to be behind Jake Christensen (who he beat out the following year) for the entirety of his tenure at Iowa. He was straight up silly and kind of rambunxious(sp?) during that time and had a pretty funny, self-defecating sense of humor regarding his 4th or 5th string status at the time.

Not sure if shitting himself is endearing...must be an Iowa thing...

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Stanzi could be from Malaysia and have no US birth certificate, I don't care.
He can poop his pants off the field regularly if he so desires as well.
The bottom line is that he could not possibly be worse than the 60 million dollar hack.

rico
06-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Not sure if shitting himself is endearing...must be an Iowa thing...

ROFL

I meant self-deprecating. Lol, I have a lot of trouble posting on here with an EVO.

oldman
06-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Stanzi may not be our Montana, Aikman, or Unitas, but he's got to be better than what we have today. I understand not starting him last year, but after the 2nd game with Palko, what did we have to lose? Don't give me any grief about "not ready". Do you think Aikman was ready? That was a 1-15 team. No, it was someone giving the finger at the owner/GM/ and yes me, just the lowly fan.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Stanzi may not be our Montana, Aikman, or Unitas, but he's got to be better than what we have today. I understand not starting him last year, but after the 2nd game with Palko, what did we have to lose? Don't give me any grief about "not ready". Do you think Aikman was ready? That was a 1-15 team. No, it was someone giving the finger at the owner/GM/ and yes me, just the lowly fan.

I don't forsee Romeo giving Scott the finger by starting Stanzi, but the thought does put a big smile on my face.

oldman
06-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't forsee Romeo giving Scott the finger by starting Stanzi, but the thought does put a big smile on my face.

Indeed. Unless MC puts up some awesome numbers and we're in the race in week 13 we'll have to try someone else. Sadly, many weapons for MC.

durtyrute
06-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Nobody was giving any finger to anyone. You don't bench a qB for a rookie after 2 games.

BossChief
06-05-2012, 03:50 PM

Initially, it probably did.

Right now, I doubt it factors into the equation much.

It's a mixture of fans that:

Hate Cassel
Want change
Hear about Stanzi tearing up otas with td after td
Guys that saw him display a bunch of important traits last ps

Let me ask you something...

Do you think Mike Mayock is an Iowa homer? How about Mel Kiper?

The reason I ask is because both had Stanzi in the same group as Andy Dalton before the 2011 draft.

Ftr, I'm just as big of a USC and Cal fan as an Iowa fan.

I have met a handful of very important people in the Hawkeye athletic department in my time in Iowa that have been willing to share stuff with me from time to time that does endear me to the program more than others recently, though.

oldman
06-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Nobody was giving any finger to anyone. You don't bench a qB for a rookie after 2 games.

Given Palko's performance, yes you do.

durtyrute
06-05-2012, 04:00 PM

I agree that he played like shit, but what if Stanzi comes in and does the same thing. You gonna bench him after two games?

whoman69
06-05-2012, 04:02 PM

Really? You couldn't tell by that point Palko was a fail?

Tuckdaddy
06-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Stanzi could be from Malaysia and have no US birth certificate, I don't care.
He can poop his pants off the field regularly if he so desires as well.
The bottom line is that he could not possibly be worse than the 60 million dollar hack.

I agree. Seriously, has the staff not seen all Matt can do? Of course they have and most important the have seen many times that he can't handle pressure. That's why there needs to be a change. Stanzi or Quinn should get a shot but Scott will not let that happen. We can only hope he gets a minor injury. Nothing severe, I don't hate the guy.

Valiant
06-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I would love them to can matty regardless and tart stanzi but to say hehas joe traits from noncontact ofseason camps is absurd. When he shows it in a regular season vs a good team, then let's discuss.

But still, not said enough, fuck cassel..

Setsuna
06-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Honestly guys....Stanzi is not a rookie...soooo...

Bump
06-06-2012, 12:27 AM
I'd even be happy if the trick shot dude started the season

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-06-2012, 02:39 AM
FYP

Must have been the Orange bowl trophies huh?

Rausch
06-06-2012, 02:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Pqeao.gif (http://imgur.com/Pqeao)

Last chance I'll ever get to use this...

BigChiefFan
06-06-2012, 07:35 AM

1st overall pick versus a 5th rounder isn't quite the same, bud.

BigChiefFan
06-06-2012, 07:37 AM
His best year in college is 25 TDs and 6 INTs. Cassel had 27 TDs and 7 INTs in the pros. I think alot of people are blindly letting their allegiance to Iowa cloud their judgement.

mlyonsd
06-06-2012, 07:43 AM
His best year in college is 25 TDs and 6 INTs. Cassel had 27 TDs and 7 INTs in the pros. I think alot of people are blindly letting their allegiance to Iowa cloud their judgement.

Stanzi had better stats in college than Brady.

I'm an Iowa fan and will admit I wasn't thrilled with us taking Stanzi but that doesn't mean there isn't hope. Time will tell.

Count Zarth
06-06-2012, 07:43 AM

What?

25 and 6 is an excellent year in college.

There's not some stupid rule that you need to have thrown 40 TDs a year in college to be a good prospect.

BigChiefFan
06-06-2012, 07:48 AM
What?

25 and 6 is an excellent year in college.

There's not some stupid rule that you need to have thrown 40 TDs a year in college to be a good prospect.

Don't see what you want to see out of it, see what I said.

All I mentioned are his stats and how they aren't that impressive and you obviously didn't like that, so you throw out coments, like stupid.

How mature.

BigChiefFan
Stanzi had better stats in college than Brady.

I'm an Iowa fan and will admit I wasn't thrilled with us taking Stanzi but that doesn't mean there isn't hope. Time will tell.

Until he actually starts performing on the field, it's all just hype.

Brock

That's a stupid comparison.

BigChiefFan
06-06-2012, 07:49 AM
That's a stupid comparison.

Super insight. :rolleyes:

Count Zarth
06-06-2012, 07:52 AM
All I mentioned are his stats and how they aren't that impressive

25 and 6 is very impressive.

Brock
06-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Super insight. :rolleyes:

You made a boneheaded comparison, it doesn't really call for any insight.

Count Zarth
06-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Stanzi threw for 7,377 yards. 56 TD and 31 INT in 3 years.

I can find several good pro QBs who compiled lesser statistics in college, like Aaron Rodgers, for instance.

mlyonsd
06-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Until he actually starts performing on the field, it's all just hype.Absolutely.

Extra Point
06-06-2012, 08:29 AM
We're talking Ricky Fucking Stanzi here! Mike Livingston/Dawson type stuff! Rich Gannon/Elvis Grba....

OH SHIT!

BigChiefFan
06-06-2012, 08:33 AM
You made a boneheaded comparison, it doesn't really call for any insight.

In your OPINION.

Is it the best comparasion? No, but until he actually gets into an NFL game, that's all we've got, so stupid is a little harsh, but I know calling people names must make you feel better about yourself.

Frazod
06-06-2012, 08:33 AM
Must have been the Orange bowl trophies huh?

More of a leeching other states' pro teams thing, actually.

Brock
06-06-2012, 08:36 AM
In your OPINION.

Is it the best comparasion? No, but until he actually gets into an NFL game, that's all we've got, so stupid is a little harsh, but I know calling people names must make you feel better about yourself.

Comparing college stats to pro stats is stupid, period.

I didn't call you any names, I said you made a stupid comparison. Because it was a stupid comparison.

Brock
06-06-2012, 08:38 AM

Blaine Gabbert.

Frazod
06-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Blaine Gabbert.

Only if that useless piece of crap is playing for the other team.

Setsuna
06-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Only if that useless piece of crap is playing for the other team.

Hey...man....
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/wesa2j06/g1339010700436689348.jpg

Frazod
06-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Hey...man....
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/wesa2j06/g1339010700436689348.jpg

Better yours than mine. I had enough.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Indeed. Unless MC puts up some awesome numbers and we're in the race in week 13 we'll have to try someone else. Sadly, many weapons for MC.

The point is mute. MC could manage to knock himself unconscious with THIS weapon:

http://www.totsntoys.co.uk/user/products/large/popgun.jpg

BoneKrusher
06-12-2012, 01:28 PM
The point is mute. MC could manage to knock himself unconscious with THIS weapon:

http://www.totsntoys.co.uk/user/products/large/popgun.jpg

ROFL