PDA

View Full Version : Life Delivering pizza can be dangerous

Sucky
06-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Really glad I don't do this for a living. I hope they catch the thugs that did this:mad:

A pizza delivery man was left brain dead after being robbed and attacked while delivering food in Moreno Valley.

Investigators said the Pizza Hut delivery man, 36-year-old Patrick Kasper, went to a house in the 22800 block of Adrienne Avenue carrying $90 worth of food around 9 p.m. Thursday.

The delivery man told deputies he was ambushed after knocking on the door. Kasper told family members that two to three teenagers attacked him, punched him, knocked him out and stole the food. When deputies went to investigate, they discovered the house was vacant.

Kasper drove back to his Pizza Hut location, then went home. The next morning, his mother heard him in his bedroom struggling to breathe. He was rushed to the hospital, but doctors told the family he had suffered a severe aneurysm in his brain. Kasper was pronounced legally brain dead.

Kasper's family said he was on life support at Riverside County Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley. The family said they decided to donate his organs. Kasper is the father of an 11-year-old girl.

"It is not fair," said the victim's mother, Lori Kasper. "There's no reason for it, and now he's gone. He's left a daughter, and he's left his mother and his father."

Kasper was a Pizza Hut employee of eight years. The company said it's collecting donations at Pizza Hut locations in Moreno Valley and the Riverside area to help his family.

"I just want whoever did this to step forward, please, and turn yourself in, because I really loved my son a lot," said Lori Kasper.

Anyone with information related to the case was urged to contact the Moreno Valley Police Department at (951) 247-8700.

Southern California Pizza Company restaurants will be holding a fundraiser on Monday, June 11, from 4 p.m. to closing time at the Pizza Hut restaurants located at 24021 Alessandro Blvd., Moreno Valley, and 19040 Van Buren Blvd., Riverside. A percentage of proceeds from all orders during that time will go to the family.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8687276

DMAC
06-05-2012, 01:32 PM
He should just be thankful they didn't eat HIM.

chiefsfan987
06-05-2012, 01:36 PM
People really suck.

KCUnited
06-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Can't we all crust get along?

DMAC
06-05-2012, 01:42 PM

Nothing can topping this.

pr_capone
Brain Dead > Delivering for Pizza Hut

Rain Man
Can you imagine being some idiot teenager who did this, and then you have to live the rest of your life keeping a secret that you murdered a person? You figure that one will eventually crack and they'll all three get caught.

Fish
06-05-2012, 01:43 PM
The family said they decided to donate his organs. Kasper is the father of an 11-year-old girl.

"It is not fair," said the victim's mother, Lori Kasper. "There's no reason for it, and now he's gone. He's left a daughter, and he's left his mother and his father."

Kasper was a Pizza Hut employee of eight years. The company said it's collecting donations at Pizza Hut locations in Moreno Valley and the Riverside area to help his family.

"I just want whoever did this to step forward, please, and turn yourself in, because I really loved my son a lot," said Lori Kasper.

Wait... he's just brain dead right? Not completely dead? The wording and quotes from the family seem to indicate dead dead. That's odd and creepy to me. "Loved" her son, like she can't love him anymore if he's brain dead?

pr_capone
06-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Can you imagine being some idiot teenager who did this, and then you have to live the rest of your life keeping a secret that you murdered a person? You figure that one will eventually crack and they'll all three get caught.

That is why 2 of the 3 are going to wind up dead soon as well.

/forever a secret

vailpass
06-05-2012, 01:46 PM

Give cheese a chance.

Saulbadguy
06-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Note to potential muggers of me: Please just threaten me, rather than render me brain dead. I'll gladly give you my wallet. I'll just cancel the credit cards anyways, so it's no big deal.

pr_capone
06-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Note to potential muggers of me: Please just threaten me, rather than render me brain dead. I'll gladly give you my wallet. I'll just cancel the credit cards anyways, so it's no big deal.

/note to self... ask SBG for his wallet instead of clobbering

vailpass
06-05-2012, 01:50 PM

Sign that should be on all delivery vehicles:
Notice: The driver of this vehicle carries no more than $20 in the car and no less than 17 in the clip.

chasedude
06-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Wouldn't this fall under a worker's comp claim? Pizza Hut should be covering all his expenses.

chasedude
06-05-2012, 01:54 PM
I deliver for a pharmacy and can have up to $1000 worth of meds and cash with me. The local Sheriff's dept had a conversation with my owner and requested we not use advertising on our delivery vehicles to help protect against getting robbed.

It's a shame in this day and age that precautions like this need to be taken in order to protect my ass.

Rain Man
06-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Wait... he's just brain dead right? Not completely dead? The wording and quotes from the family seem to indicate dead dead. That's odd and creepy to me. "Loved" her son, like she can't love him anymore if he's brain dead?

It sounds like they pulled the plug.

KCUnited
06-05-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm guessing we olive in better neighborhoods than where Mr. Kasper was delivering so it's hard to relate to this violence. It's easier to meat lovers not fighters out here in Olathe.

MIAdragon
06-05-2012, 02:06 PM

You are assuming these "people" hold any value for human life. Im going to go with they never give it a second thought and if they do, are probably proud of it.

pr_capone
06-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm guessing we olive in better neighborhoods than where Mr. Kasper was delivering so it's hard to relate to this violence. It's easier to meat lovers not fighters out here in Olathe.

I looked it up on google maps. First, the neighborhood doesn't *look* horrible but something that tickled me just a little bit is that the cross street where this happened is called Courage.

http://i.imgur.com/WMG0x.jpg

KCUnited
06-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I looked it up on google maps. First, the neighborhood doesn't *look* horrible but something that tickled me just a little bit is that the cross street where this happened is called Courage.

I feel you. Courage should go on his Tombstone.

tooge
06-05-2012, 02:27 PM
to bad you cant put courage on a pizza

Donger
06-05-2012, 02:38 PM
His family is probably crust.

Donger
06-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Nothing can topping this.

That's weak sauce.

Donger

Yep, there's no way such a deep dish could remain secret.

Setsuna
Fucking teenagers. I blame Obama.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2012, 02:45 PM
All over some vegetarian lovers pizza...

Donger
06-05-2012, 02:53 PM
All over some vegetarian lovers pizza...

LMAO

You are going to Hell for that one.

DMAC
06-05-2012, 03:04 PM
That's weak sauce.

:mad:

Shit's about to get slicey up in here.

rico
06-05-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm suspecting Casper "The Hungry for Pizza" Ghost was somehow connected to this.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6105/6287511925_053ab1cf1a_s.jpg

Donger
06-05-2012, 03:17 PM
:mad:

Shit's about to get slicey up in here.

D'oh!

rico
06-05-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm starting to notice a pattern with Nucky threads. 1st, a thread about the beloved Barf getting medieval with a boy on his 1st birthday, now a post about Pizza the Hut.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MryQii-dvu8/SG7NEsQwdOI/AAAAAAAAC9c/r9-P30jc49Y/s400/Pizza%2BThe%2BHut%2BSpaceballs.PNG

Saulbadguy
06-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Wow, the mom seems really pied off.

Phobia
06-05-2012, 03:38 PM
There's a Combination of reasons why this guy got robbed but the Supreme one was simply because somebody was broke. Sometimes desperate thugs get to decide whether yOlive or die. You say Oregano. I say Orogono. Some Basil order delivery, some days I'll do take-out.

rico
06-05-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm guessing, the thugs may have been tripping on mushrooms.

rico
06-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Kasper was employed at Pizza Hut for 8 years and coincidentally, the thugs who robbed him were craving an 8 ball of cocaine. I wonder how much pizza they ate.

DMAC
06-05-2012, 03:56 PM
D'oh!

ROFL

I think I just pepped my pants.

KCUnited
06-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Apparently, he was using the delivery money to pay off his Red LeBaron.

Johnny Vegas
06-05-2012, 04:10 PM

gimmie your wallet or I put you on ignore

saphojunkie
A pizza delivery man was left brain dead after being robbed and attacked while delivering food in Moreno Valley.

The delivery man told deputies he was ambushed after knocking on the door. Kasper told family members that two to three teenagers attacked him, punched him, knocked him out and stole the food. When deputies went to investigate, they discovered the house was vacant.

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Phobia

That does not look like a very Funhouse.

alnorth
06-05-2012, 04:13 PM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

keep reading.

saphojunkie
06-05-2012, 04:14 PM

Oh, they'll fall like Dominos.

alnorth
06-05-2012, 04:15 PM

You aren't serious, are you? Once you are brain dead, thats it. Time to donate the organs and make funeral arrangements. No, you can't "love him anymore" if he's brain dead, because you are talking about a breathing corpse with a functioning heart.

saphojunkie
06-05-2012, 04:15 PM
keep reading.

COMPUTES!

saphojunkie
06-05-2012, 04:16 PM
You aren't serious, are you? Once you are brain-dead, thats it. Time to donate the organs and make funeral arrangements. No, you can't "love him anymore" if he's braindead, because you are talking about a breathing corpse with a functioning heart.

Yep. Of all the organs, the brain is Supreme.

KCUnited
06-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Like Notorious BIG said, "If you DiGiorno, now you know."

rico
06-05-2012, 04:19 PM
I wonder if they'll engrave a picture of his red Le'Baron on his tombstone...?

Detoxing
06-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I deliver for a pharmacy and can have up to $1000 worth of meds and cash with me. The local Sheriff's dept had a conversation with my owner and requested we not use advertising on our delivery vehicles to help protect against getting robbed.

It's a shame in this day and age that precautions like this need to be taken in order to protect my ass.

You deliver weed or something?

Gary
06-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Has anyone checked to see if he was a relative of any planet member?

rico
06-05-2012, 04:22 PM
I bet Pizza Hut pizza was a step up from the Jack's pizza the thugs who jacked him are used to eating.

Detoxing
06-05-2012, 04:22 PM
You are assuming these "people" hold any value for human life. Im going to go with they never give it a second thought and if they do, are probably proud of it.

You're assuming that they're even aware of his death. These types of shitstains don't exactly keep up on current events

rico
06-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Has anyone checked to see if he was a relative of any planet member?

His Godfather posts here.

Donger
06-05-2012, 04:26 PM

Put it on his Tombstone?

Brock
06-05-2012, 04:29 PM
There's a Combination of reasons why this guy got robbed but the Supreme one was simply because somebody was broke. Sometimes desperate thugs get to decide whether yOlive or die. You say Oregano. I say Orogono. Some Basil order delivery, some days I'll do take-out.

Don't try to do demonpenz.

Fish
06-05-2012, 04:32 PM
You aren't serious, are you? Once you are brain dead, thats it. Time to donate the organs and make funeral arrangements. No, you can't "love him anymore" if he's brain dead, because you are talking about a breathing corpse with a functioning heart.

Perhaps you're right.

I appreciate the input Mr. Schiavo.

kysirsoze
06-05-2012, 04:33 PM
DOES NOT COMPUTE

Probably due to lack of reading.

kysirsoze
06-05-2012, 04:33 PM
COMPUTES!

I was right!

Phobia
06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I wonder if they'll engrave a picture of his red Le'Baron on his tombstone...?

You can't reheat cold puns.

Gary
06-05-2012, 04:36 PM

You guys are such hams. Probably should stop all this before things mushroom into bannable offenses.

Phobia
06-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Don't try to do demonpenz.

DP copied his entire shtick from me anyway. I was the original mspaint artist here.

Okie_Apparition
06-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Pepsi kills

Rain Man
06-05-2012, 05:12 PM
DP copied his entire shtick from me anyway. I was the original mspaint artist here.

Can you draw in mspaint demonpenz stealing your concept?

alnorth
06-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Perhaps you're right.

I appreciate the input Mr. Schiavo.

Ahh. You are a nutcase, wasn't sure. Carry on.

Phobia
06-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Can you draw in mspaint demonpenz stealing your concept?
Draw? No. But I'll paint the exact moment it took place.

JASONSAUTO
06-05-2012, 06:28 PM

Potheads aren't doing that shit. Pill junkies...
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
06-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Delivering pizza can be dangerous
I don't believe it. In all movies I've seen on this subject, some semi-naked gal opens the door, and in two minutes they are all naked and doing the nasty.

cabletech94
06-05-2012, 07:19 PM
****ing teenagers. I blame Obama.

effing teenagers. i blame setsuna.

corrected post

chasedude
06-05-2012, 07:22 PM

I help people get their daily lortab, oxycontin fix

chasedude
06-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Potheads aren't doing that shit. Pill junkies...
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm amazed at the amount of pain med scripts the doctors just hand out.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Better pizza. Better vegetables. Papa John's.

Chief3188
06-05-2012, 08:02 PM

They donated his organs. He has to be alive by machine and legally declared brain dead by 2 doctors to do this. He would have suffered cardiac death during the procedure of donating his organs.

notorious
06-05-2012, 08:04 PM

JFC

Conceal carry. That job would make me paranoid as hell.

Have you ever watched the movie "Mother, Jugs, and Speed"?

Brock
06-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Better pizza. Better vegetables. Papa John's.

winner

JoeyChuckles
06-05-2012, 08:08 PM
It's apparent that this thread ordered extra cheese.

Fish
06-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Ahh. You are a nutcase, wasn't sure. Carry on.

Nutcase. Yes, maybe.

Tell that to this kid...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/24/a-british-car-accident-vi_n_1450113.html

chasedude
06-05-2012, 08:31 PM
JFC

Conceal carry. That job would make me paranoid as hell.

Have you ever watched the movie "Mother, Jugs, and Speed"?

I've been thinking of applying for a CC, the pharmacist has one. He was assaulted one morning a few years back. He's a little guy and a large man came at him with a baseball bat. Hit him in the head, but something chased him off. He was later found and thrown in prison.

I've never heard of Mother, Jugs and Speed gonna have to check this one out me thinks.

notorious
06-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I've been thinking of applying for a CC, the pharmacist has one. He was assaulted one morning a few years back. He's a little guy and a large man came at him with a baseball bat. Hit him in the head, but something chased him off. He was later found and thrown in prison.

I've never heard of Mother, Jugs and Speed gonna have to check this one out me thinks.

Don't. The movie sucks.

I will break down the scene for you: An ambulance gets called to an address (on what is to be a fake call), and a woman craving some drugs holds the driver at gunpoint demanding the good stuff.

She blows him away.

Bob Dole
06-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Probably dating those 2 rocket scientists who robbed the Girl Scout selling cookies.
Posted via Mobile Device