PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Baseball sucks and need to make these changes......

Tuckdaddy
06-05-2012, 05:30 PM
1. In the NL the pitcher bats and in the AL he doesn't? What other sport in the world has shit like that? PICK ON RULE!

2. Ball park walls are all different distances from the plate. It would be pretty stupid go to Oakland and play on an 80 yard field then go to Denver for a game on a 60 yard field. Standardize the damn distance.

3. The intentonal walk needs to be abolished. Being allowed to run away from your opponent is total BS and gay. At least make the pitcher throw the ball where it can be hit.

4. Pitching changes need to some type of limit. 2 per game or 3 would probably be best. I would say after 3 you can change. Then after 7 but none after that.

Make the damn game better

BCD
06-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Insert tampon

SnakeXJones
06-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Wait so making the same distance of all stadiums would make it better?

L.A. Chieffan
06-05-2012, 05:35 PM
You can't change a pitcher after the seventh?

Haha fail

L.A. Chieffan
06-05-2012, 05:37 PM
You must be a genius or something. I don't think anybody has suggested a universal rule for dh

WhitiE
06-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Dafuq?

petegz28
06-05-2012, 05:38 PM
1. In the NL the pitcher bats and in the AL he doesn't? What other sport in the world has shit like that? PICK ON RULE!

2. Ball park walls are all different distances from the plate. It would be pretty stupid go to Oakland and play on an 80 yard field then go to Denver for a game on a 60 yard field. Standardize the damn distance.

3. The intentonal walk needs to be abolished. Being allowed to run away from your opponent is total BS and gay. At least make the pitcher throw the ball where it can be hit.

4. Pitching changes need to some type of limit. 2 per game or 3 would probably be best. I would say after 3 you can change. Then after 7 but none after that.

1. I agree with ...sorta

2. That's what makes baseball great

3. A pitcher can intentionally walk someone without intentionally walking someone so your argument is moot.

4. This is just stupid

BCD
06-05-2012, 05:38 PM
This isnt going to end well for Tuck. LOL

Shogun
06-05-2012, 05:39 PM
NL isnt real baseball

mikeyis4dcats.
06-05-2012, 05:42 PM
I hate baseball, and you're still AN IDIOT.

morphius
06-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Of all the things to change in Baseball these are the things you pick? Really?

Thig Lyfe
06-05-2012, 05:46 PM
This thread is almost as great as this thread!!! (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259509)

SnakeXJones
06-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Next Baseball Cheerleaders

BCD
06-05-2012, 05:48 PM
This is some dumb shit a woman would bitch about.

Simply Red
06-05-2012, 05:54 PM

Negative rep.

stonedstooge
06-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Negative rep.

Might be worthy of one of those infraction deals.

Archie F. Swin
06-05-2012, 06:04 PM
please continue to not watch baseball

ChiefsCountry
06-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Out of all those rules only the DH in both leagues is the only one that needs to be changed.

The rest of them make you a fucking idiot.

Barret
06-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I had a crazy idea for Instant Reply to be added to Baseball.

Give the Managers a Yellow Flag just like they do in football. You get 3 chances per game to throw the flag on ANY umpire call. Doesn't matter what it is since it could be even Strikes and Balls if you want.

But if you are shown to be wrong that means if you are at Bat, you get an instant Out. If you are in the field the team at bat gets another Out or gets an Out removed.

If your team is at bat and you throw a flag on a called 3rd strike and it shows you are wrong then there are 2 outs recorded. If this goes over the 3rd out of an inning then the opposing team gets an extra out for their turn at bat.

Once the flag is thrown then you don't get any extra flags you only get the 3 chances.

I think that this would assist in some really bad missed calls but could also have more strategy added to the game. Do you throw the flag and risk getting another out killing your inning or allowing the other teams inning to keep on going?

This removes the Managers coming out and arguing with the umpires over some lame ass call. If you don't like the call and think the ump is wrong, throw the flag or sit down and shut up and let the game keep playing.

This Human Element excuse is getting old and baseball needs to start embracing technology since everyone and their grandmother can see an instant replay and see if a person is safe or not.

whoman69
06-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Of these suggestions, the one with the best merit is pitching changes. Coming in to face one hitter is slowing down the game to a standstill. Tony LaRussa was most guilty of that practice. One compromise would be to say if a pitcher is replaced after pitching to less than 3 batters in the same inning, his replacement does not get warm up pitches from the mound and needs to be in position to pitch within 1 minute.

Being more a traditionalist, I say do away with the DH. The knee jerk reaction in all sports is to add offense to the game.

Canofbier
06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Of all the things to change in Baseball these are the things you pick? Really?

For real. There are certainly things wrong with baseball, but none of these qualify.

mr. tegu
06-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Places palm on face and looks downwards.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-05-2012, 08:12 PM

1. I agree that pitchers killing the possibility of a big inning by picking up a bat sucks. This is why the A.L. is better. I always find it funny when people who complain baseball is boring think pitchers should bat in the A.L which cuts down on offense/scoring in general, thereby making the game more "boring."

2. Well that's just dumb.

3. Well that's just dumb. In football the QB is allowed to get rid of the ball outside the pocket to "run away from the opponent." Pretty much the same thing.

4. It's called strategy. If you hate it keep not watching baseball.

Marcellus
06-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Just when you thought you had read all the dumbest threads on CP.................

Fruit Ninja
06-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I agree with the first but that's it. The rest I don't care for at all.

aturnis
06-05-2012, 10:16 PM

Shorten the season by about 100 games...

aturnis
06-05-2012, 10:17 PM
You must be a genius or something. I don't think anybody has suggested a universal rule for dh

You, the one who fails at reading comprehension is calling someone else a genius?

L.A. Chieffan
06-05-2012, 10:20 PM
You, the one who fails at reading comprehension is calling someone else a genius?

Whatever Palko fan

L.A. Chieffan
06-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm sorry I cant comprehend that fucking drivel.

Maybe if it was written in English I might understand it. Only another retard like you, aturnis, would understand some stupid shit like that.

aturnis
06-05-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry I cant comprehend that ****ing drivel.

Maybe if it was written in English I might understand it. Only another retard like you, aturnis, would understand some stupid like that.

Or maybe if you passed 8th grade English class.

tk13
06-05-2012, 10:24 PM
GOOD JOB! GOOD EFFORT!

L.A. Chieffan
06-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Or maybe if you passed 8th grade English class.

At least I went to school, you backwoods redneck.

Bump
06-05-2012, 10:33 PM
baseball NEEDS steroids

Demonpenz
06-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Computer strike zones
Pitch clock similar to a shotclock to get the players fucking moving.
Hitters have to stay in the box.
Pitching changes made from the sidelines
You can assume a double play thus an error can occur.

Phobia
06-05-2012, 10:50 PM
I think that you should get at least one free hit batter per inning. Hit him and it's merely a ball. Knock him down you get $10k. Put him out of the game and you get a $20k bonus.

BCD
06-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I think that you should get at least one free hit batter per inning. Hit him and it's merely a ball. Knock him down you get $10k. Put him out of the game and you get a $20k bonus.

Is Gregg Williams managing this team?

KCtotheSB
06-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Matt Cassel sucks

Reaper16
06-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Neg rep for sure.

pr_capone
06-05-2012, 11:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TIMrFpnfvyI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And leave my NL just the way it is thank you very much. Go watch the Junior Circuit if you don't want to see pitchers hitting.

Bewbies
06-05-2012, 11:16 PM
They should allow batters to beat the shit out of pitchers with the bat if the pitchers intentionally beans them with the ball. Only letting one side hurt the other is a bitch move. Pitchers are pussies.

Reaper16
06-05-2012, 11:19 PM

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/izgN0aOaceAPD.gif

BCD
06-05-2012, 11:27 PM
And leave my NL just the way it is thank you very much. Go watch the Junior Circuit if you don't want to see pitchers hitting.The NL will have the DH if anything were to change on that front.

Fairplay
06-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Salary caps.

Von Dumbass
06-06-2012, 01:05 AM
The college football season should start in June so that there is some other sport to watch other than baseball. So fucking boring.

|Zach|
06-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Baseball what it is...no reason to go around changing it I guess. Plenty of people like it as is...which is cool.

One thing that bothers me with baseball is the lack of team identity. Guys come and go so casually its just like a bunch of mercenaries that happen to be wearing a certain hat at any given moment.

To put it in perspective...to make a serious playoff run it is pretty much expected that you need to add to or change your team.

Just seems like silliness to me.

I also think the amount of games played makes each game less compelling. Win or lose? No big deal there are about a million more you will get them next time.

SPchief
06-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Guys come and go so casually its just like a bunch of mercenaries that happen to be wearing a certain hat at any given moment.

To put it in perspective...to make a serious playoff run it is pretty much expected that you need to add to or change your team.

I also think the amount of games played makes each game less compelling.

The irony is a little bit funny.

Pawnmower
06-06-2012, 01:40 AM
salary cap

cdcox
06-06-2012, 01:44 AM
The team at bat gets a blitzer that can move any where outside the base path between 1st and 3rd. He is free to blitz the pitcher any time the the batter is in the box.

Pitchers can throw the ball at batters outside the box. If the pitcher hits the batter, he is removed from the game and the team has to play short handed. If the pitcher misses, he has to put chicken liver in his pocket.

3 pitbulls fed only chicken livers since birth roam the field during the game.

The team at bat is allowed to have an additional player in the field, called the obfusicator. This player is allowed to wear a glove and field the ball. If he fields the ball he may throw it in any direction. If he is knocked to the ground after fielding the ball and while the ball is within 100 feet of him, he has to put a chicken liver in his pocket. A team cannot win without at least one successful touch by the obfusicator.

Fielders can "sweep the leg" of a base runner between 3rd and home as long as the move is below the knee.

During the 7th inning stretch, the managers bare fist fight during "take me out to the ball game". Hits are recorded by electronic sensors. If a manger loses, his team has to put chicken livers in their pockets, but may carry bats anywhere on the field to ward off the pitbulls.

The phantom 2nd base rule is removed, and 2nd base is greased.

|Zach|
06-06-2012, 01:54 AM
The irony is a little bit funny.

How so?

Rausch
06-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Baseball sucks and need to make these changes......

1) You are not out because the ball gets there before you do. You are only out if you can't get to the plate.

2)If you're trying to take a base you can go into full-on-Bettis-mode and maul that bidge if he stands in your way. You tag the plate you're safe.

3) This bidge goes angry you can go into Jack-Lambert-mode and ruin a motherfucker trying to take the plate.

Tackling in baseball.

Now someone gives a $#it...

BCD
06-06-2012, 05:08 AM
Baseball what it is...no reason to go around changing it I guess. Plenty of people like it as is...which is cool.

One thing that bothers me with baseball is the lack of team identity. Guys come and go so casually its just like a bunch of mercenaries that happen to be wearing a certain hat at any given moment.

I also think the amount of games played makes each game less compelling. Win or lose? No big deal there are about a million more you will get them next time.

Anyone who is a fan of Soccer is in no position to bash baseball.

Period.

Rausch
06-06-2012, 05:24 AM

Period.

Die in fire...

|Zach|
06-06-2012, 06:25 AM

Period.

Worlds most popular sport *shrug*

I don't have a problem with baseball but just added a few thoughts on it. You know who enjoys baseball less than I do? The generation younger than me...they are already giving the sport the slow bleed. The sport is not dynamic enough.

Marcellus
06-06-2012, 06:31 AM

I don't have a problem with baseball but just added a few thoughts on it. You know who enjoys baseball less than I do? The generation younger than me...they are already giving the sport the slow bleed. The sport is not dynamic enough.

Soccer is the worlds most popular sport because all you need to play is a ball, period. Everyone knows that. It has nothing to do with it being more exciting etc.....

Its universal aspect is its appeal. Any poor kid in any super poor 3rd world country can kick a coconut around if they want.

Its also about 1MM years old.

|Zach|
06-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Soccer is the worlds most popular sport because all you need to play is a ball, period. Everyone knows that. It has nothing to do with it being more exciting etc.....

Its universal aspect is its appeal. Any poor kid in any super poor 3rd world country can kick a coconut around if they want.

Its also about 1MM years old.

Signs of change all the time. A simple USMNT friendly drew much better tv ratings than the Stanley Cup. Over capacity crowds right in the middle of the Midwest for the MLS for an team who has a gameday experience tailored to the actual game.

Meanwhile kids at the K do everything but watch the game.

Baseball is under the slow bleed.

Hell even Trent Green got in some soccer action last night in KC. At an Open Cup game no less. Haha.

blaise
06-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Soccer fans seem compelled to crack baseball for some reason.

BigChiefFan
06-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Salary caps.

Agreed.

KC_Lee
06-06-2012, 07:12 AM
1) Real revenue sharing. Look at the NFL, NHL, and the NBA. Figure out what they are doing right and emulate it.

2) Install a salary cap. And make it a hard cap, no more luxury tax BS.

3) Insall a salary floor, make it as strong as the salary cap. No more cheap teams that are unwilling to pay thier players.

4) Profit

Micjones
06-06-2012, 08:00 AM
I've got a love-hate relationship with the MLB myself, but I've always loved the game of baseball.

KC_Lee
06-06-2012, 08:35 AM
I've got a love-hate relationship with the MLB myself, but I've always loved the game of baseball.

The sport of baseball is fine, the business of baseball sucks total balls.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
06-06-2012, 08:39 AM
The DH definitely needs to go! Why should a pitcher be allowed to hit a batter on purpose and then not have to get in the batters box himself? If you want to throw a baseball at someones head you better have balls enough to pick up a bat and take your lumps in the batters box! Having pitchers hit also gives the manager more decisions to make and adds strategy to the game. Baseball is the only game that doesn't have a clock attatched to it and that is what makes it special. It's also the only game where the defense controls the ball. If you don't like the way it was originally designed then you better watch a different sport but changing it isn't acceptable.

ChiefsandO'sfan
06-06-2012, 08:44 AM
balanced schedules

PGM
06-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Horrible thread.

Rain Man
06-06-2012, 09:25 AM
1. Getting hit by a pitch counts as a strike.

2. Base runners must be tagged to be out, and they get a lead blocker.

3. No fences. Chase the ball until you reach it.

4. Players may round the bases in either direction.

5. Fielders may physically pull base runners off bases (though base runners still have their lead blockers).

6. On pop flies, the batter and the player on deck can run onto the field and interfere with fielders.

7. At home base, players may choose to return to dugout or keep running back to first (or third, if they so choose). At home base, they are allowed to pick up a spray bottle of seltzer.

8. The first 500 fans are allowed to sit in the outfield at any location they wish.

9. Teams may employ a dog as an outfielder, and the dog gets a designated hitter.

10. Every tenth ball that is used will be a whiffleball.

BCD
06-06-2012, 09:43 AM
The DH definitely needs to go!

Never happen.

In fact, I bet the NL has the DH within 10 yrs.

ChiefsandO'sfan
06-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Never happen.

In fact, I bet the NL has the DH within 10 yrs.

NL will have the DH next year i bet when astros go to the AL.

Coming right up in 2013, those critics will be delighted to know, nearly everything about interleague play is about to change. And that has to be a good thing. Doesn't it?

The impetus for that change will be baseball's most dramatic realignment in history -- a realignment that will break this sport into two leagues with an odd number of teams (15) in each. And that means, for the rest of time -- or at least until some future commissioner has a brighter idea -- that interleague play will no longer be just a three-week subplot in the season.

Starting next year, from Opening Day onward, it's about to become an every-day occurrence. Literally. And that, frankly, has made a lot of people in the sport way more nervous about what's coming than they ought to be.

BCD
06-06-2012, 09:50 AM

LMAO

You're assuming I give a shit what the rest of the world thinks.

BCD
06-06-2012, 09:54 AM
NL will have the DH next year i bet when astros go to the AL.

Coming right up in 2013, those critics will be delighted to know, nearly everything about interleague play is about to change. And that has to be a good thing. Doesn't it?

The impetus for that change will be baseball's most dramatic realignment in history -- a realignment that will break this sport into two leagues with an odd number of teams (15) in each. And that means, for the rest of time -- or at least until some future commissioner has a brighter idea -- that interleague play will no longer be just a three-week subplot in the season.

Starting next year, from Opening Day onward, it's about to become an every-day occurrence. Literally. And that, frankly, has made a lot of people in the sport way more nervous about what's coming than they ought to be.Next year?

I know Houston is moving to the AL West, but I don't see it as a reason to add the DH to the NL.

milkman
06-06-2012, 10:13 AM
They should allow batters to beat the shit out of pitchers with the bat if the pitchers intentionally beans them with the ball. Only letting one side hurt the other is a bitch move. Pitchers are pussies.

Tell that to Nolan Ryan.

Hays
06-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Just speed up the game, don't let the pitcher or batter stall.

Rain Man
06-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Just speed up the game, don't let the pitcher or batter stall.

How about this? You have three pitchers who pitch in sequence. As soon as the ump makes the call on a pitch, the next pitcher must begin his windup.

Dartgod
06-06-2012, 10:25 AM

Nolan Ryan and Robin Ventura think this post is wrong.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i6dW32kLEmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

milkman
06-06-2012, 10:26 AM
I would have the pictchers on a 10 second clock.

Limit the number of times a pitcher can attempt a pick off.
No more than 2 attempts between pitches.

Replay officials to overturn bad calls immediately.

BCD
06-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Replay officials to overturn bad calls immediately.Yep. MLB really needs to expand their replay.

You can't limit pick off attempts by the pitcher if you don't limit the size of the lead a runner gets off a base.

Rain Man
06-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Yep. MLB really needs to expand their replay.

You can't limit pick off attempts by the pitcher if you don't limit the size of the lead a runner gets off a base.

Good point.

How about this? A second baseball is used only for pickoffs. It's orange to prevent confusion, and can be held only by outfielders or the catcher. It can be thrown at any time the white ball is not in play.

milkman
06-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Yep. MLB really needs to expand their replay.

You can limit the number.

A pitcher just has to use his pick off attempts wisely.

The stolen base is one of the exciting plays that could generate interest for the younger generation.

Thig Lyfe
06-06-2012, 11:42 AM
LMAO

You're assuming I give a shit what the rest of the world thinks.

USA! USA! USA!

L.A. Chieffan
06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Nolan Ryan and Robin Ventura think this post is wrong.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i6dW32kLEmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haha i havent seen the full replay of that in a long time. bo jackson, mickey hatcher...good times

Rain Man
06-06-2012, 12:41 PM
You can limit the number.

A pitcher just has to use his pick off attempts wisely.

The stolen base is one of the exciting plays that could generate interest for the younger generation.

But if the pitcher uses up his attempts, doesn't the base runner lead off 88 feet off the bag? That's why you need the orange ball.

vailpass
06-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Each thing you want to get rid of is a thing that makes the game of baseball special and enjoyable.

vailpass
06-06-2012, 12:54 PM

Only because most of them can't afford to play anything else. Take these starving kids, wipe the flies out of their eyes and give them baseball, football, basketball, tennis, golf etc. as an option and you'd see what I mean.

Tuckdaddy
06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
All of you are rediculous. Why the hell should the pitcher be allowed just to throw the ball where it can't be hit? In no other sport can you run away from the opposition. IT'S PUSSY! He may throw a wild one just trying to walk a guy and everyone advances. Either way the game is better.

Pitching changes need limits. Having zero limits on how may times you change pitchers is crazy. Are there not limits for batting line up?

Salary cap is obviously needed most of all.

Tuckdaddy
06-06-2012, 03:49 PM

Period.

Soccer is tougher. You actually have to face your competition head on.

whoman69
06-06-2012, 03:50 PM
1) Real revenue sharing. Look at the NFL, NHL, and the NBA. Figure out what they are doing right and emulate it.

2) Install a salary cap. And make it a hard cap, no more luxury tax BS.

3) Insall a salary floor, make it as strong as the salary cap. No more cheap teams that are unwilling to pay thier players.

4) Profit

I have a different idea. Do not limit revenue sharing to only national TV revenues. Where the haves are becoming so out of balance is in their regional and self owned networks. Take half of those monies and split them amongst all teams. The teams that make more will still have more, but that difference won't be so pronounced. The Yankees earned $427 million in revenues. 13 clubs had more than $200 million. The Pirates bring up the rear with $160 million. Those numbers are going to jump with new deals by the Angels and Rangers.

I think you'll find that teams are spending what they can on players based on revenues. Here's a list, team by team from Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/33/baseball-valuations-11_New-York-Yankees_334613.html

Thig Lyfe
06-06-2012, 03:50 PM
All of you are rediculous. Why the hell should the pitcher be allowed just to throw the ball where it can't be hit? In no other sport can you run away from the opposition. IT'S PUSSY! He nay throw a wild one just trying to walk aguy and everyone advances. Either way the game is better.

Pitching changes need limits. Having zero limits on how may times you cjange pitchers is crazy. Are there not limits for batting line up?

http://dudelol.com/img/guess-who-became-a-pro-basketball-star.jpg

BCD
06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Soccer is tougher. You actually have to face your competition head on.

Whoa. Kicking a ball.

That's complicated.

BCD
06-06-2012, 03:56 PM
All of you are rediculous. Why the hell should the pitcher be allowed just to throw the ball where it can't be hit? In no other sport can you run away from the opposition. IT'S PUSSY! He may throw a wild one just trying to walk a guy and everyone advances. Either way the game is better.

Pitching changes need limits. Having zero limits on how may times you change pitchers is crazy. Are there not limits for batting line up?

Go watch womens softball.

Bewbies
06-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Tell that to Nolan Ryan.

Ok, you've got one. I have EVERY OTHER PITCHER THAT'S EVER PLAYED.

I'll give you Mo Vaughn too. His shoulder block was badass.

Detoxing
06-06-2012, 04:22 PM
You know what REALLY needs to be changed about Baseball?

(in no particular order)

1. The Disparity

2. The Draft

3. The Broadcasts

4. The amount of games played

BCD
06-06-2012, 04:36 PM
You know what REALLY needs to be changed about Baseball?

(in no particular order)

1. The Disparity

This seems to be changing. At least this season.

Looking at each division, I'm seeing parity.

Sure, there's rich and poor, but the rich aren't really showing it on the field.

vailpass
06-06-2012, 04:44 PM

LMAO Arkansas!!!

JD10367
06-06-2012, 04:48 PM

I agree about the DH. I don't about the rest. The fact that each park has different physics plays a large part in the strategy of the game. The intentional walk is just part of the game, as are pitching changes.

Now, if you want to talk about abolishing guaranteed contracts, I'm all for it.

Tuckdaddy
06-06-2012, 06:16 PM
LMAO Arkansas!!!

I am from South KC but have lived in Ark for 12 years being stationed here. I bleed KC Red and Mizzou gold. Don't laugh at Arkansas. Most don't think much of Missouri in general either.