PDA

View Full Version : Media Opposing Viewpoints

La literatura
06-05-2012, 10:00 PM
There used to be a series called "Opposing Viewpoints" that would helpfully lay out the best arguments of two or more sides to an issue, like abortion, gun control, foreign policy, gay rights.

Is there some media outlet to that for a reader who wants to become more educated on particular issues?

For example, I want to become more knowledgeable about collective bargaining's future. I can think of one great argument against public sector collective bargaining: it effectively drain's a budget. I can think of one great argument for public sector collective bargaining: it allows essential public workers to effectively negotiate their interests.

But I would like to be able to delve more into these issues. Can anybody help me out?

La literatura
06-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I listen to NPR, and find it a valuable resource, but I can't control what's on.

Direckshun
06-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Google's usually reliable. S'what I do.

La literatura
06-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Google's usually reliable. S'what I do.

I looked up "public sector collective bargaining" and got over 4 million results. Life is too short to look through the first 30 pages.

Direckshun
06-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Memeorandum works too.

Bewbies
06-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Why not join up groups on both sides? Heritage and something Soros funds?

oldandslow
06-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Why not join up groups on both sides? Heritage and something Soros funds?

I used to do this, but both sides have become so radicalized that I cannot believe either. All they do is exercises in spin.

Bewbies
06-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I used to do this, but both sides have become so radicalized that I cannot believe either. All they do is exercises in spin.

There's a lot of truth to this. It'd be nice to have sources that wrecklessly pursue truth over all else.

Ace Gunner
06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
"Opposing Viewpoints"

it's over. fall in line or you'll get arrested someday.

RedNeckRaider
06-06-2012, 02:36 PM
There's a lot of truth to this. It'd be nice to have sources that wrecklessly pursue truth over all else.

Good luck finding that~