PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Let's guess who cosmo20002's political Icon is.

BucEyedPea
06-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Since he won't answer in the other Icon thread.

cosmo20002
06-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Since he won't answer in the other Icon thread.

I did answer. Post #4.

BucEyedPea
06-06-2012, 09:04 PM
No you didn't. You told someone their choice was good with a caveat. I just re-read it. You didn't name yours.

cosmo20002
06-06-2012, 09:06 PM
No you didn't. You told someone their choice was good with a caveat. I just re-read it. You didn't name yours.

Post #4.

banyon
06-06-2012, 09:08 PM
LOL at the thread poster chiding anyone for ignoring or ducking a question.

BucEyedPea
06-06-2012, 09:09 PM
That doesn't name a person and it sounds more like sarcastic joke. Guess you don't have one in America.

It's okay to pick from the Soviet Union or Cuba if you wish.

SNR
06-06-2012, 09:09 PM
What's a political icon?

notorious
06-06-2012, 09:10 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4844100917002264&id=964adb78a478163163335813c1a56caa

SNR
06-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Sorry, didn't see whoman's thread

cosmo20002
06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
What's a political icon?

That actually is a good question. The question really doesn't make sense in the first place.

cosmo20002
06-06-2012, 09:32 PM
That doesn't name a person and it sounds more like sarcastic joke. Guess you don't have one in America.

It's okay to pick from the Soviet Union or Cuba if you wish.

The person described is Wilbur Mills, and it was kind of a joke. I don't really consider any politicians heroic (assuming that's what was meant by "icon," which in this context the term doesn't actually make any sense). Suppose Lincoln comes the closest.

patteeu
06-06-2012, 11:33 PM
I don't know, but I'm confident that he has a Che poster on his bedroom wall.

cosmo20002
06-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I don't know, but I'm confident that he has a Che poster on his bedroom wall.

I had to take it down to make room for Saul Alinsky.

Chiefshrink
06-07-2012, 10:48 AM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4844100917002264&id=964adb78a478163163335813c1a56caa

LMAOLMAOLMAO

You nailed it Catman !!

patteeu
06-07-2012, 11:05 AM
I've recently learned that cosmo is particularly fond of Medea Benjamin and Andrea Dworkin.

notorious
06-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Seriously, Cosmo, Franken has to be on your radar.

cosmo20002
06-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Seriously, Cosmo, Franken has to be on your radar.

I don't quite understand this "icon" label, but do I like Al Franken? Sure, what's not to like? His voice is kind of annoying I guess.

Bewbies
06-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I bet at Christmas time he has a Mao ornament on his tree.

Chiefshrink
06-07-2012, 12:44 PM

And Stalin is the angel on top:thumb:

cosmo20002
06-07-2012, 12:48 PM

You know that liberals wouldn't take part in things such as Christmas. The religion, the capitalism, all the things we hate.

JonesCrusher
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't quite understand this "icon" label,

A person or thing regarded as a representative symbol of something. So in this instance it would be representing political beliefs. Is icon really that difficult of a concept?

vailpass
06-07-2012, 12:51 PM
You know that liberals wouldn't take part in things such as Christmas. The religion, the capitalism, all the things we hate.

An event that involves a white man giving out freebies? Of course you are all over that.

alpha_omega
06-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Great idea...make a thread about cosmo...:rolleyes:

vailpass
06-07-2012, 12:54 PM

The DC version of a poop thread.

cosmo20002
06-07-2012, 01:02 PM

I am just that important I guess.

cosmo20002
06-07-2012, 01:06 PM
An event that involves a white man giving out freebies? Of course you are all over that.

You know Santa's not real, right? I do assume that white men giving out freebies is something of a fantasy for you.

BucEyedPea
06-07-2012, 01:07 PM

It's not about him per se. It's getting him to answer a question that's the topic of another thread that he is ALL over others for answering, without having to contribute his own answer and avoid the same treatment. By that I mean a clear and unequivocal answer, instead of some vague deflection. This way we get to be all over his choice with comments.

Fair is fair....just thought you lefties worship the word fair. Guess I was wrong. It only applies to the right.

BucEyedPea
06-07-2012, 01:09 PM
You know Santa's not real, right? I do assume that white men giving out freebies is something of a fantasy for you.

That's the entire point. You think goodies like money and wealth just appear out of nowhere similar to the fairy tale of some fat elf in a red suit. Notice the color of that suit as well. :p

cosmo20002
06-07-2012, 01:14 PM
It's not about him per se. It's getting him to answer a question that's the topic of another thread that he is ALL over others for answering, without having to contribute his own answer and avoid the same treatment. By that I mean a clear and unequivocal answer, instead of some vague deflection. This way we get to be all over his choice with comments.

Fair is fair....just thought you lefties worship the word fair. Guess I was wrong. It only applies to the right.

Except that I did answer in one of the first posts of the thread. Anyway, it was kind of a silly question and there is no clear, unequivocal answer I can give. I understand that you have Ron Paul pics up all over your room like a teenager does with Justin Beiber, but I don't worship these guys the way you do--not even the Messiah Obama.

BucEyedPea
06-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Except that I did answer in one of the first posts of the thread.

I already covered why this was not seen as an answer, fyi.

Anyway, it was kind of a silly question and there is no clear, unequivocal answer I can give.
Yet, everyone else could. It's not rocket science. I think you don't want us to know. This way you can dish out comments but escape them on your own.

I understand that you have Ron Paul pics up all over your room like a teenager does with Justin Beiber, but I don't worship these guys the way you do--not even the Messiah Obama.

Actually, no, I don't have that up on my room. I have an original impressionist oil painting of crew boats on the Charles River of Boston and a nice nature photo in my room. It's bathroom has under the sea pictures and a pastel of a bathtub. The rest of the house are impressionist paintings in oil—not prints and lots of photos of my trips. Oh, and paintings and drawings that my kid won awards on.

Sorry to disappoint.

cosmo20002
06-07-2012, 01:26 PM
I already covered why this was not seen as an answer, fyi.

Yet, everyone else could. It's not rocket science. I think you don't want us to know. This way you can dish out comments but escape them on your own.

Actually, no, I don't have that up on my room. I have an original impressionist oil painting of crew boats on the Charles River of Boston and a nice nature photo in my room. It's bathroom has under the sea pictures and a pastel of a bathtub. The rest of the house are impressionist paintings in oil—not prints and lots of photos of my trips. Oh, and paintings and drawings that my kid won awards on.

Sorry to disappoint.

Sorry to disappoint, but there's no one I'd name as perfectly representing my views. I'm a free thinker. I said the pol I probably admire most is Lincoln.

Boston, the capital of Taxachusettes? RP would not approve.

BucEyedPea
06-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but there's no one I'd name as perfectly representing my views. I'm a free thinker. I said the pol I probably admire most is Lincoln.
Irrelevant, supporting Paul doesn't mean one is not a free-thinker. It's the opposite because he has non-mainstream views. My views have evolved over time and continue to. Furthermore, Paul is a libertarian and I have said I am not one. I don't agree with Paul on everything. I just think an extreme situation will take more extreme measures ( and what he will implement doesn't even include all his views) to alleviate instead of small doses.

Boston, the capital of Taxachusettes? RP would not approve.

RP approves of the original Revolutionary Patriots from Boston—which is what I am. Afterall, I lived a top where the Battle of Bunker Hill too place. Since it changed, I escaped. There's now an exodus out of there as we speak. Many have been my own family who escaped years earlier.

I must say, I admire your ability to even hijack a thread about your icon, and why they are and revert it back to someone else's. There is a thread for that ya' know.

mikey23545
06-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Let's guess who cosmo20002's political icon is.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6739/63753572.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/63753572.jpg/)

J Diddy
06-08-2012, 01:05 PM

There's a lot of things I can handle. You can call my mother names. You can call my father names. You can make fun of my children, my job, or my lack of height. However, the one thing I cannot abide is for you, in your cush little chair, to spread mistruths and falsehoods about S.C. You take it back and you take it back right now.

I can hardly wait for the next thing to come out of your mouth. Probably some bs about the Easter Bunny not being real or there aren't leprechauns running amuck on St. Patties Day.

Like I said, stop the lies. With that I bid you good day, SIR.

Radar Chief
06-08-2012, 01:09 PM
There's a lot of things I can handle. You can call my mother names. You can call my father names. You can make fun of my children, my job, or my lack of height. However, the one thing I cannot abide is for you, in your cush little chair, to spread mistruths and falsehoods about S.C. You take it back and you take it back right now.

I can hardly wait for the next thing to come out of your mouth. Probably some bs about the Easter Bunny not being real or there aren't leprechauns running amuck on St. Patties Day.

Like I said, stop the lies. With that I bid you good day, SIR.

There are if you drink enough.

J Diddy
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM
There are if you drink enough.

I have seen them and the unfortunate thing is that they never have a pot of gold. They're always trying to mooch drinks.

Radar Chief
06-08-2012, 01:15 PM
I have seen them and the unfortunate thing is that they never have a pot of gold. They're always trying to mooch drinks.

I hear ya, and you always get the same sob story about how they left the pot of gold in their other pants or the wife wouldn’t let them out with it. Freak’n mooches, would it hurt to pay for a round once in a while?! :cuss:

J Diddy
06-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I hear ya, and you always get the same sob story about how they left the pot of gold in their other pants or the wife wouldn’t let them out with it. Freak’n mooches, would it hurt to pay for a round once in a while?! :cuss:

I know man. Don't piss in a cup and tell me it's green beer.

RedNeckRaider
06-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but there's no one I'd name as perfectly representing my views. I'm a free thinker.

LMAO