PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Justice League hopes to follow the Avengers success

Pages : [1] 2

whoman69
06-07-2012, 12:51 PM
‘Justice League’ movie hopes to finally bring Batman and Superman together on screen

If teaming up worked for Iron Man, Thor and The Hulk, it has to work for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, right?

Warner Bros. Pictures seems to think so, as Variety reported yesterday that the studio has hired a new writer to bring DC Comics' "Justice League" to the big screen. Just as "The Avengers" assembled the biggest heroes from Marvel Comics, "Justice League" would see DC's iconic characters joining forces to save the world. (DC Comics is a division of Warner Bros. Entertainment.) The fact that "The Avengers" is now the third highest-grossing film of all time with $1.3 billion worldwide seems to have reignited the fire to get the other legendary superhero team up on movie screens.
[Related: Christian Bale gets emotional remembering Heath Ledger]

Variety's report states that Will Beall, who wrote the upcoming "Gangster Squad" (starring Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin) for Warner Bros., has been hired to take on the screenplay. Beall previously wrote for TV's "Castle," but he has also been announced as the writer for new movie versions of "Logan's Run" and "Lethal Weapon 5."

While interest in a "Justice League" movie has certainly been rekindled by the record-breaking success of "The Avengers," the project has been in the works for several years. Director George Miller ("Mad Max," "Happy Feet") was hired for the film in the fall of 2007, with production scheduled to begin the next year for a planned 2009 release.

The original plan was to have a completely fresh cast of actors take on the comic book roles, separate from any existing franchise. Unlike "The Avengers," where the original stars returned, this would have a different cast (so no Christian Bale as Batman). At the time, Armie Hammer ("The Social Network") was attached to play Batman, with D.J. Cotrona as Superman, Adam Brody as the Flash, and Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

The Writer's Guild strike in late 2007 put a halt to the project, however. The production went into an indefinite hiatus, with George Miller moving on to a new "Mad Max" reboot, which is scheduled to start filming soon. In the intervening years, Warner Bros. released the disappointing "Green Lantern," with "The Dark Knight Rises" coming this summer and the new Superman film "The Man of Steel" slated for next June.

That wasn't the first time Warner Bros. tried and failed to get DC's heaviest hitters together in one movie. In the early 2000s, the studio developed "Batman Vs. Superman," which would have pitted the two heroes against each other (though in the end they would team up to take on Lex Luthor). Josh Hartnett was rumored for Superman, with Colin Farrell considered for Batman. But that was eventually shelved in favor of Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins."

Currently, there isn't a director, cast or release date for "Justice League," but summer of 2014 seems like it would be the earliest we could expect to see it. There are also a host of individual DC superhero movies in development, including the Flash, Wonder Woman, and Lobo.

It's also unclear if Warner Bros. still plans to keep the "Justice League" as a separate continuity from the standalone movies, or integrate them the way Marvel built up to "The Avengers." When Joss Whedon, the director of "The Avengers" was asked if he had any advice for the people making "Justice League," he jokingly answered, "Call me." He followed it by saying that it's harder to bring DC characters to the screen than Marvel since they are "from an old, bygone era" where heroes were less flawed and grounded. And Whedon would know, since he tried to bring "Wonder Woman" to the screen in another project that stalled out several years ago.

UPDATE: Mark Millar, the writer who created the comic books the inspired the movies "Wanted" and "Kick-Ass," posted on his official website MillarWorld.tv that someone he knows is friends with screenwriter Will Beall and got a peek at the unfinished "Justice League" script. Millar reported that the new take on the movie is "Very real-world and not at all what you might expect." He said Beall began working on the script before "The Avengers" hit theaters, and that the "tidbits I heard sound quite dark and mature, which isn't what I expected."

Sounds like a pretty lightweight cast they had planned. That isn't going to get anybody excited. The Wonder Woman they had planned has an acting resume of three forgettable minor movies in nine years.

Micjones
06-07-2012, 12:53 PM
DC's got their work cut out for them.

Fish
06-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Fart sound.

Justice League sucks.

Pestilence
06-07-2012, 12:59 PM
They're totally going to fuck this up.

whoman69
06-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Oops, forgot the link

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/justice-league-movie-hopes-finally-bring-batman-superman-203740882.html

DMAC
06-07-2012, 01:16 PM
HAHAHA go for it.

Who cares anymore.

Deberg_1990
06-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Warners really blew their wad with that abortion of a Green Lantern flick. A lot of this is riding on how successful the Superman Reboot will be next year. I think the trailer for that will be attached to Dark Knight Rises.

Brock
06-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Stupid idea.

Munson
06-07-2012, 01:33 PM
It'll probably suck compared to the Avengers, but I'll see it anyway. I'm a sucker for all these comic book movies.

JD10367
06-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Wonder Twin powers, activate!

keg in kc
06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
It'll be a minor miracle if it's half as good as any of the justice league cartoons.

JD10367
06-07-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm not really sure what the point of the film will be. If it's going to be gritty, dark, and realistic, it's just going to echo "Avengers". I mean, honestly, what was the point of the Justice League in both comics and cartoons? It was simply a way to get all the characters on the same page. "Oh wow, look! We get to see Wonder Woman AND The Flash AND Superman AND Batman!" Big whoop. There's no historical interaction between them that would interest us. Tony Stark has an attitude, so putting him in with the other Avengers naturally set up tension and humor. Did Batman and Superman have an antagonistic relationship? (Aside from the one Frank Miller created in "The Dark Knight Returns"?)

I guess a lot will ride on this "Man Of Steel" reboot--how it's accepted, which direction it goes in, and how Cavill does in the lead. If it's done well, a "Justice League" film might continue on track.

listopencil
06-07-2012, 01:47 PM
DC's got their work cut out for them.

Well, Superman is a pretty weak character. Every time something is added to the franchise it seems forced, and fake, to me.

Micjones
06-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Well, Superman is a pretty weak character. Every time something is added to the franchise it seems forced, and fake, to me.

The last DC film I saw, "Green Lantern", was trash.

I need to get caught up on the first two films of the Batman series though.
"Dark Knight Rises" looks amazing.

listopencil
06-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Did Batman and Superman have an antagonistic relationship? (Aside from the one Frank Miller created in "The Dark Knight Returns"?)

I would say that they are naturally antagonistic. I could see Superman taking on the same role as Captain America did in the Avengers, with Batman being a cross between Iron Man and Black Widow.

keg in kc
06-07-2012, 01:49 PM
The timing works for Batman, too. They can kick off a new franchise around a new bruce wayne now, rather than having a Nolan bat and a Justice League bat the way it was going to be if their first run at this hadn't been killed by the writers strike.

listopencil
06-07-2012, 01:50 PM
The last DC film I saw, "Green Lantern", was trash.

I need to get caught up on the first two films of the Batman series though.
"Dark Knight Rises" looks amazing.

Yeah. It was ****ing horrible. I rented it from RedBox and lamented the loss of my dollar.

*upon edit: Yeah. The new Batman movies were pretty good. Batman is one of the very few DC characters I enjoy.

Micjones
06-07-2012, 01:51 PM
I would say that they are naturally antagonistic. I could see Superman taking on the same role as Captain America did in the Avengers, with Batman being a cross between Iron Man and Black Widow.

Agreed.

Well...I can see Iron Man. Romanoff though?
When has she ever been antagonistic to the team?

Micjones
06-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah. It was ****ing horrible. I rented it from RedBox and lamented the loss of my dollar.

As did I. I stayed away from it intentionally for the longest time, but I got one positive review and thought I should give it a chance.

listopencil
06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
As did I. I stayed away from it intentionally for the longest time, but I got one positive review and thought I should give it a chance.

I saw it in the RedBox menu and figured I would give it a go.

Buehler445
06-07-2012, 01:55 PM
LOL. Sounds awful. But I thought Avengers would flop.

The real problem is Superman. He can handle shit by himself. I mean really. What can Flash do that Superman can't?

listopencil
06-07-2012, 01:57 PM

The real problem is Superman. He can handle shit by himself. I mean really. What can Flash do that Superman can't?

That's what makes the character so weak. Even when someone finally manages to kill him he's just brought back to life.

Micjones
06-07-2012, 01:57 PM

I didn't think it would flop, but I was disappointed in the post-credits trailer I saw. I've never been so wrong about a film in my life.

listopencil
06-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Shit, even Spiderman is a better superhero than Superman.

mr. tegu
06-07-2012, 02:00 PM

This is a reason I have never really seen any Superman movies. They just never looked interested. That and Clark's "disguise."

Mr. Laz
06-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Superman is really difficult to do

ultimate power+no personality=boring

That's why they always throw in the hidden identity stuff to try and make it work.

In a justice league movie, it won't have that.

durtyrute
06-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Please please please

BigCatDaddy
06-07-2012, 02:13 PM
It's about damn time they brought Aquaman to the big screen.

listopencil
06-07-2012, 02:20 PM
It's about damn time they brought Aquaman to the big screen.

...with a cameo by the Wonder Twins of course. Oh for fuck's sake, can you imagine the horrible Jar Jar Binks-ness of the monkey? I should tell you though that I convinced my wife to tap knuckles and bring our wedding bands together while saying "Wonder Twins activate!" at the end of our wedding ceremony.

Rausch
06-07-2012, 02:26 PM
LMAO

Rausch
06-07-2012, 02:27 PM
I should tell you though that I convinced my wife to tap knuckles and bring our wedding bands together while saying "Wonder Twins activate!" at the end of our wedding ceremony.

Like Elway and Manning?...

listopencil
06-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Like Elway and Manning?...

Kind of, but not gay or incestuous.

Frosty
06-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Are there actually fans of Wonder Woman (I don't mean fans of Lynda Carter's boobs - I mean fans of the WW comic)?

They've done a good job with Batman but most of the big DC names are just weak characters (I do like the Flash, tho).

JD10367
06-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Are there actually fans of Wonder Woman (I don't mean fans of Lynda Carter's boobs - I mean fans of the WW comic)?

They've done a good job with Batman but most of the big DC names are just weak characters (I do like the Flash, tho).

They should've let Whedon helm his "Wonder Woman" film. Given his penchant for strong female characters, I think he would've done justice (pardon the pun) to it.

durtyrute
06-07-2012, 03:06 PM
I didn't think it would flop, but I was disappointed in the post-credits trailer I saw. I've never been so wrong about a film in my life.

What was after the credits, the wife and I left

Frosty
06-07-2012, 03:19 PM
They should've let Whedon helm his "Wonder Woman" film. Given his penchant for strong female characters, I think he would've done justice (pardon the pun) to it.

They definitely need to reboot or re-imagine or re-something the character.

SnakeXJones
06-07-2012, 03:27 PM
I would love this done "right" cause They fucked up Green Latern to the point of killing someone but I could care a shit less for aquaman and wonder woman

Valiant
06-07-2012, 04:12 PM
It is too hard to do. To many charactors fill the same rolls.

Superman is practically a god, only krytonite,magic andhumanity can defeat him. He would equate to thor + ironman + hulk. That is a villian not a main good guy character.

Batman = ironman

Flash = tony starks wit, he is fast, but how would that help a lot on the movie and showing the blur?

WW = female thor + black widow? = boring.

Hawkman = thor

Aquaman = hulk + posedian?

MManhunter = also a badass

This movie is just hard to make, they all are too powerful to just throw together. It works in comics and the animated series. But a movie? That shit will make john carter look successful. It would not even make the cost to film back with dvd sales.

There only shot is making supes crazy and everyone else has to stop him, then find out at the end it was luthor and darkseid for a second movie.

But again, to oneshot this withoutbuilding up he other characters will be tough.

Frosty
06-07-2012, 07:11 PM
To be honest, if they want to do a DC ensemble movie, I would rather see a Titans movie than a JL one.

JD10367
06-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Superman is practically a god, only krytonite,magic andhumanity can defeat him. He would equate to thor + ironman + hulk. That is a villian not a main good guy character.

Which is why this "Man Of Steel" reboot has promise, if it examines this part. So far in the Superman lexicon, AFAIK only "Smallville" has even remotely hinted that Supes might have some human angst and emotion. The recent "Chronicle" worked this nature vs. nurture point; what's the difference between a Clark Kent and a Zod? I'm not saying we need "The Dark Knight From Krypton", but making Supes a bit less of a cardboard-cutout Boy Scout would be a good step.

Same goes for Wonder Woman. Yeah, Linda Carter was hot. And cute. And smiled a lot. And basically played a 70s submissive secretary who looked sexy in tight spandex. What would the real Wonder Woman be like? Aquaman is also supposedly a bit of a pissed-off guy. With the environmental edge, he could be played as more of an angry Poseidon. They're all underdeveloped characters that are begging for a more involved treatment.

The problem is simple, though: it's not about the characters, it's also about who's playing them. Let's face it, as good as "Avengers" is, it really hinges on one person: Downey as Tony Stark. I liked Chris Evans' portrayal of CA, I liked Ruffalo as Hulk, and I liked Hemsworth as Thor, but without Downey's Iron Man it wouldn't be half the film. Iron Man (the character) and Downey (the actor) are driving that money train. For a JL film to succeed, Cavill will have to "break out" as Supes, and/or they need to convince Bale to don the cape one more time.

Deberg_1990
06-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Which is why this "Man Of Steel" reboot has promise, if it examines this part. So far in the Superman lexicon, AFAIK only "Smallville" has even remotely hinted that Supes might have some human angst and emotion. The recent "Chronicle" worked this nature vs. nurture point; what's the difference between a Clark Kent and a Zod? I'm not saying we need "The Dark Knight From Krypton", but making Supes a bit less of a cardboard-cutout Boy Scout would be a good step.

Same goes for Wonder Woman. Yeah, Linda Carter was hot. And cute. And smiled a lot. And basically played a 70s submissive secretary who looked sexy in tight spandex. What would the real Wonder Woman be like? Aquaman is also supposedly a bit of a pissed-off guy. With the environmental edge, he could be played as more of an angry Poseidon. They're all underdeveloped characters that are begging for a more involved treatment.

The problem is simple, though: it's not about the characters, it's also about who's playing them. Let's face it, as good as "Avengers" is, it really hinges on one person: Downey as Tony Stark. I liked Chris Evans' portrayal of CA, I liked Ruffalo as Hulk, and I liked Hemsworth as Thor, but without Downey's Iron Man it wouldn't be half the film. Iron Man (the character) and Downey (the actor) are driving that money train. For a JL film to succeed, Cavill will have to "break out" as Supes, and/or they need to convince Bale to don the cape one more time.

I'd probably agree with this for the most part. Marvel really cast all of them well, but they hit a HR with Downey. he's the cog that drives the engine.

As for Bale doing Batman for Justice League.......I don't know, I almost feel like they would have to reboot Batman for that. The Batman and the world Nolan has created feels pretty far removed from most comic book worlds. It's almost like its own thing and deserves to stand alone. It just wouldn't fit into in sort of broader comic book world.

Pushead2
06-08-2012, 04:14 AM
with Superman, can't they just cut to the chase and have him fight Doomsday. Until then, I'm not wasting anymore time on those bullshit films

Micjones
06-08-2012, 06:55 AM
What was after the credits, the wife and I left

"The Avengers" trailer followed "Captain America" credits.
A scene with Thanos followed "The Avengers" credits (presumably a prelude to the next Avengers film).

BigCatDaddy
06-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Interesting poll on yahoo.com this morning. 150,000 votes in

What's the greatest superhero team?

Justice League 42%

Avengers 30%

X-Men 28%

Fish
06-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Justice League 42%

Avengers 30%

X-Men 28%

LOL... No.......

BigCatDaddy
06-08-2012, 09:07 AM
LOL... No.......

You seem to echo most of the people in this thread. I think the poll just indicates there is a market for the movie to be made.

Micjones
06-08-2012, 09:13 AM
At least DC has a point of reference now after having seen the Avengers and X-Men films.

They should be able to come up with someone fairly compelling.

Douche Baggins
06-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Marvel set up Avengers well by killing it with the Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor movies.

The last Superman film and the last Batman film don't even seem to be in the same universe.

Micjones
06-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Marvel set up Avengers well by killing it with the Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor movies.

The last Superman film and the last Batman film don't even seem to be in the same universe.

Well...I guess we'll see if "Man of Steel" changes that.

durtyrute
06-08-2012, 09:19 AM
"The Avengers" trailer followed "Captain America" credits.
A scene with Thanos followed "The Avengers" credits (presumably a prelude to the next Avengers film).

Thanks

Fish
06-08-2012, 09:35 AM
You seem to echo most of the people in this thread. I think the poll just indicates there is a market for the movie to be made.

I'd put as much value in a Yahoo poll as I would Facebook Likes..

Justice League = Matt Cassel

Avengers = Aaron Rodgers

BigCatDaddy
06-08-2012, 09:45 AM
I'd put as much value in a Yahoo poll as I would Facebook Likes..

Justice League = Matt Cassel

Avengers = Aaron Rodgers

Perhaps, but I think JL has more "mainstream" characters then the Avengers. The quality of the movie may not equal the Avengers and Clay was right that they did a good job of the build up. I'm just stating there is a large market and demand for a JL movie.

Setsuna
06-08-2012, 10:32 AM
They'll fail horribly with this. There isn't enough background to do anything with this.

Pestilence
06-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Justice League 42%

Avengers 30%

X-Men 28%

:facepalm:

I bet 90% of the people who voted for "Justice League" can't name any of the other characters except Batman and Superman.

Micjones
06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Perhaps, but I think JL has more "mainstream" characters then the Avengers. The quality of the movie may not equal the Avengers and Clay was right that they did a good job of the build up. I'm just stating there is a large market and demand for a JL movie.

That's the biggest reason why there will be a market for this film.
People forget that these films aren't made for the average comic-book reading fanboy. They're mostly consumed by people who aren't that familiar with the source material, but...EVERYBODY knows Batman. EVERYBODY knows Superman. That's reason enough.

whoman69
06-08-2012, 02:28 PM
:facepalm:

I bet 90% of the people who voted for "Justice League" can't name any of the other characters except Batman and Superman.

You think they don't know Wonder Woman?

I would be more interested in the Titans.

keg in kc
06-08-2012, 05:08 PM
I bet 90% of the people who voted for "Justice League" can't name any of the other characters except Batman and Superman.I don't know. You might be surprised. The Justice League has had a presence on television for years.

BigCatDaddy
06-08-2012, 05:22 PM
I don't know. You might be surprised. The Justice League has had a presence on television for years.

Exactly. About 25 years ago I thought the JL cartoon was the best thing on TV since it combined all the super heros into one show. I'm guessing a lot of people in their 30's now who aren't big comic book fans like myself remember that show quite well. And of course if you have kids I'm sure you've seen the newer version.

The Pedestrian
06-08-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm going to take the pessimistic route on this one because what made the Avengers and almost every Marvel superhero a success is how they were all true underdogs who can relate to the average inferiority complex of real people.

DC and the Justice League, OTOH, come from the perspective of "We were extraordinary individuals who became even better!" Batman is really the only one who can relate to Marvel's kind of audience...but maybe Superman can have some potential if they play off the plot of Smallville. :p

beach tribe
06-08-2012, 11:08 PM
DC=Gay
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0PlwDbSYicM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I'd take 10-1 Odds the Hulk would stomp Doomsday's ass.

big nasty kcnut
06-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Fuck marvel avengers was good but justice leagues way better and yes superman and batman do have conflict because batman is committed to saving gotham while superman want to save the world. Throw in wonder woman trying to be peaceful by fighting and the flash bringing humor yet bravery is pretty cool. Piss on green lantern all you want i thought it was a fair origin movie. Also have lex luthor and ra al gul as the bad guys would be great.

-King-
06-09-2012, 08:58 AM
I cant handle a new batman. It would only piss me off. Nolan's batman has spoiled me.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
06-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Fuck marvel avengers was good but justice leagues way better and yes superman and batman do have conflict because batman is committed to saving gotham while superman want to save the world. That's not conflict.

Throw in wonder woman trying to be peaceful by fighting and the flash bringing humor yet bravery is pretty cool. Piss on green lantern all you want i thought it was a fair origin movie. Also have lex luthor and ra al gul as the bad guys would be great.
No.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
06-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Pass. No way does that movie be any better than the Young Justice show.

Also, DC would look like the inferior brand if a Justice League movie didn't equal what the Avengers has managed to pull off.

Aries Walker
06-09-2012, 11:07 AM
They really shouldn't make this. DC has a much less consistent atmosphere between its main titles. They'd be much more successful in the movies if they would stop putting out thin garbage like, well, every DC movie ever made outside of most of the Batmans and two of the Supermans.

Good: Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Superman I and II.
Debatable: Watchmen.
Stinkers: Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, Catwoman, Green Lantern, Superman III, Superman IV, Superman Returns, Supergirl, Steel, Jonah Hex, Swamp Thing I and II.

They just need to stop making crap.

Rausch
06-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm going to take the pessimistic route on this one because what made the Avengers and almost every Marvel superhero a success is how they were all true underdogs who can relate to the average inferiority complex of real people.

DC and the Justice League, OTOH, come from the perspective of "We were extraordinary individuals who became even better!" Batman is really the only one who can relate to Marvel's kind of audience...but maybe Superman can have some potential if they play off the plot of Smallville. :p

Mostly this.

Marvel takes the guy who's below average and gives him power and then says "How would this guy react?"

DC comics say "Somewhere we lost a step to Marvel. ALL OUR HEROES must have more power/abilities/strengths than them."

You can relate to Batman. He's human, even if a ga-zillionaire. He's still human.

Then...then it just gets stupid on the DC side...

whoman69
06-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Mostly this.

Marvel takes the guy who's below average and gives him power and then says "How would this guy react?"

DC comics say "Somewhere we lost a step to Marvel. ALL OUR HEROES must have more power/abilities/strengths than them."

You can relate to Batman. He's human, even if a ga-zillionaire. He's still human.

I think the Titans are the exception to that. It started out just a sidekick group, but evolved into something more under Wolfman and Perez. Nightwing is one of DCs best characters. Cyborg is also a character very well fleshed out. They better not turn Beast Boy into the PC television version. Raven is daughter to a demon and had to worry that at any time she could release that power. Starfire had her throne usurped by her sister. They've even gotten away from the Wonder Girl/Wonder Woman comparisons.

They have some interesting antagonists like the Terminator, Blackfire, Trigon. I would prefer a Terra/Terminator teamup, but probably a better intro would be Trigon.

Agent V
06-09-2012, 03:51 PM
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles teaming up with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was the greatest super hero team ever.

AustinChief
06-09-2012, 03:57 PM
They've already made this movie!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eZ5kCdJPGL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With David Ogden Stiers as the fat Martian Manhunter

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xA9-MT4RVmA/T7gRPMfz2cI/AAAAAAAAAHo/ASON2CaYcaY/s1600/jlafatmartian.jpg

Psyko Tek
06-09-2012, 04:18 PM
It'll be a minor miracle if it's half as good as any of the justice league cartoons.

True
If they want the JLA, they should just give it to Dini and write checks for him
His DC cartoons are way better than their movies
exception to Nolan's Batman series

beach tribe
06-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Pass. No way does that movie be any better than the Young Justice show.

Also, DC would look like the inferior brand if a Justice League movie didn't equal what the Avengers has managed to pull off.

DC is an inferior brand.

beach tribe
06-09-2012, 10:20 PM
They've already made this movie!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eZ5kCdJPGL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With David Ogden Stiers as the fat Martian Manhunter

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xA9-MT4RVmA/T7gRPMfz2cI/AAAAAAAAAHo/ASON2CaYcaY/s1600/jlafatmartian.jpg

That was a TV show

Jamie
06-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Criticism of Superman as a character irritates me, even though I've never liked reading Superman comics that much. The one Superman story I did really like was Grant Morrison's All Star Superman, which I think is because he's one of the few writers that really understands the character. This is a quote from Morrison about how he sees Superman:

In the end, I saw Superman not as a superhero or even a science fiction character, but as a story of Everyman. We’re all Superman in our own adventures. We have our own Fortresses of Solitude we retreat to, with our own special collections of valued stuff, our own super–pets, our own “Bottle Cities” that we feel guilty for neglecting. We have our own peers and rivals and bizarre emotional or moral tangles to deal with.

I felt I’d really grasped the concept when I saw him as Everyman, or rather as the dreamself of Everyman. That “S” is the radiant emblem of divinity we reveal when we rip off our stuffy shirts, our social masks, our neuroses, our constructed selves, and become who we truly are.

Batman is obviously much cooler, but that’s because he’s a very energetic and adolescent fantasy character: a handsome billionaire playboy in black leather with a butler at this beck and call, better cars and gadgetry than James Bond, a horde of fetish femme fatales baying around his heels and no boss. That guy’s Superman day and night.

Superman grew up baling hay on a farm. He goes to work, for a boss, in an office. He pines after a hard–working gal. Only when he tears off his shirt does that heroic, ideal inner self come to life. That’s actually a much more adult fantasy than the one Batman’s peddling but it also makes Superman a little harder to sell. He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman.

He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale. His worries and emotional problems are the same as ours... except that when he falls out with his girlfriend, the world trembles.

And speaking of Grant Morrison, there was a JLA story he wrote several years ago that I think could be a good basis for a movie. Basically Batman keeps contingency plans in case he ever has to take out the other superheroes, and a villain steals and uses them (in the comic it was Ra's al Ghul, but in a movie it could be whoever).

Amnorix
06-11-2012, 07:18 AM
It'll probably suck compared to the Avengers, but I'll see it anyway. I'm a sucker for all these comic book movies.

This. Having two young boys only seals the deal for going to these.

But looks like a disaster in the making. They could do it right. They could repeat the successful formula that powered Avengers. But it looks like they would rather go screw it all up. Brilliant.

Amnorix
06-11-2012, 07:32 AM
A few thoughts (from a guy who never, and I mean NEVER, picked up a comic book even as a kid):

1. I watched Justice League as a kid. Everyone around my age did. All of us are familiar with the characters and many of us have kids now. There's a huge built-in potential fanbase. That means easy money if they don't screw it to hell.

2. I do think the Marvel heroes are much better and more interesting than the DC ones, but the DC ones aren't that bad. The Green Lantern movie was totally mediocre, but it's not a very bad concept/character. Batman is a top 3 superhero character, easy, and probably #1 in the books of many. Superman is stupid, but whatever. Wonder Woman has great tits. Err...wait, I mean she is a character that EVERYONE is familiar with (moreso than Black Widow) and they can rebuild that character any way they want for the movie. Flash is fun. Everyone knows him and he's just a pretty cool character. Aquaman -- well, what can you do?

I think they can do it, and do it right. I also think there's a pretty massive probability that they will do it wrong and it will suck. It's up to them.

Micjones
06-11-2012, 09:01 AM
A few thoughts (from a guy who never, and I mean NEVER, picked up a comic book even as a kid):

1. I watched Justice League as a kid. Everyone around my age did. All of us are familiar with the characters and many of us have kids now. There's a huge built-in potential fanbase. That means easy money if they don't screw it to hell.

2. I do think the Marvel heroes are much better and more interesting than the DC ones, but the DC ones aren't that bad. The Green Lantern movie was totally mediocre, but it's not a very bad concept/character. Batman is a top 3 superhero character, easy, and probably #1 in the books of many. Superman is stupid, but whatever. Wonder Woman has great tits. Err...wait, I mean she is a character that EVERYONE is familiar with (moreso than Black Widow) and they can rebuild that character any way they want for the movie. Flash is fun. Everyone knows him and he's just a pretty cool character. Aquaman -- well, what can you do?

I think they can do it, and do it right. I also think there's a pretty massive probability that they will do it wrong and it will suck. It's up to them.

They'd be fools not to at least try to make the JL film.
DC has much more mainstream comic book characters.
I know alot of people who don't know Natasha Romanoff.
I don't know anybody who's unfamiliar with Superman.

ThaVirus
06-11-2012, 09:34 AM
Criticism of Superman as a character irritates me, even though I've never liked reading Superman comics that much. The one Superman story I did really like was Grant Morrison's All Star Superman, which I think is because he's one of the few writers that really understands the character. This is a quote from Morrison about how he sees Superman:

Read it. Superman is still a fag.

keg in kc
06-11-2012, 09:43 AM
I've always liked superman in that he's the reverse of virtually every other comic hero with a secret identity: Clark Kent is the mask. I don't know why, but that idea has always fascinated me.

Frazod
06-11-2012, 10:56 AM
I've always liked superman in that he's the reverse of virtually every other comic hero with a secret identity: Clark Kent is the mask. I don't know why, but that idea has always fascinated me.

Yeah. I liked Bill's analogy of Superman.

ThaVirus
06-11-2012, 11:02 AM
That's kind of cool. It's also kind of cool that he's super powerful. At the same time, it's what makes him lame. There's no sense of urgency or presence of danger to him, only the civilians he tries to protect.

He's just too powerful. In order to have a villain capable of beating him, they have to create someone even more absurdly powerful, like Doomsday. And that's the issue I have with most of DC. They're all ridiculously overpowered. You've got Supes who's probably at the top and Wonder Woman who can go toe-to-toe with him. The Green Lantern's power is only restricted by his will. A lot of people rag on Aquaman for having useless powers but he's a 100 tonner (that's comic nerd jargon for being able to lift over 100 tons).

Did you guys know the Flash is so fast he can vibrate his molecules through solid matter? So if someone were even able to catch him (he runs faster than the speed of light, so no), he could just vibrate through their hands. The Martian Manhunter is as strong as Superman with even more diverse powers. If written right, he's more powerful than Superman. Not to mention they have the god damned Batman!

So by my count that's 6 heroes capable of handing out more hurt than the Hulk did in the Avengers. To me, that's lame. I'd watch it just to see them all on the big screen, but I would never in a million years expect it to be as good as the Avengers.

The Pedestrian
06-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Mostly this.

Ga-zillionaire is still okay. People can aspire to that, and that's why everybody wants to be Batman. They can't acquire Superman's alien origin or abilities later in life. Plus, saying "I want to be Superman!" is kind of like saying "I want to be God!" Yes, many people themselves would like to be God, but it borders on arrogant (and is flat-out uninteresting) to announce it.

Aries Walker
06-11-2012, 07:11 PM
They'd be fools not to at least try to make the JL film.
DC has much more mainstream comic book characters.
I know alot of people who don't know Natasha Romanoff.
I don't know anybody who's unfamiliar with Superman.
You're comparing the least known of the Avengers with the best known of the JLA. Either compare Captain America to Superman, or compare Black Widow to, say, Cyborg.

ThaVirus
06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
You're comparing the least known of the Avengers with the best known of the JLA. Either compare Captain America to Superman, or compare Black Widow to, say, Cyborg.

I'd say the only original/main member of the JL that most of the population couldn't name if you showed them a pic is Martian Manhunter.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern.
vs.
The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor.

The Avengers just came out and they've introduced the characters well enough in recent years so obviously that effects what people know. 10 years ago I would have said the Justice League was more popular. Just so happens that Marvel got their shit in the movie universe together before DC.

beach tribe
06-12-2012, 01:49 AM
I'd say the only original/main member of the JL that most of the population couldn't name if you showed them a pic is Martian Manhunter.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern.
vs.
The Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor.

The Avengers just came out and they've introduced the characters well enough in recent years so obviously that effects what people know. 10 years ago I would have said the Justice League was more popular. Just so happens that Marvel got their shit in the movie universe together before DC.

You could have asked anyone in America who Captain America, Thor or the Hulk is in any time period, and they would know. Marvel has been out selling DC for DECADES.

Micjones
06-12-2012, 06:22 AM

That's a fair point.
I think Superman and Batman, alone, are more popular than any Avenger you could name though.

Amnorix
06-12-2012, 06:40 AM
You could have asked anyone in America who Captain America, Thor or the Hulk is in any time period, and they would know. Marvel has been out selling DC for DECADES.

Not to quibble, but Thor isn't at the level of the others, nor the main DC superheroes. If you'd asked me who Thor was a year or so before the movie came out, I'd have said a Norse God (without any reference to comic books), and if you'd pressed me further I'd have to admit I had no idea that he was an important comic book character at all.

listopencil
06-12-2012, 06:45 AM

And speaking of Grant Morrison, there was a JLA story he wrote several years ago that I think could be a good basis for a movie. Basically Batman keeps contingency plans in case he ever has to take out the other superheroes, and a villain steals and uses them (in the comic it was Ra's al Ghul, but in a movie it could be whoever).

That's a fair attempt at making Supe interesting. But really, Paul Bunyan was kind of weak as well and for the same reason. A Supe movie can be done well enough to make the character interesting. Too many times it's crap because it takes a strong effort to pull it off. Also, he's got Batman wrong. Batman isn't a playboy. That's the stereotypical Bruce Wayne persona created to hide Batman's identity. Batman is the brooding genius/bad ass ninja who is borderline psychotic, with deep emotional flaws, that still manages to do what he thinks is right. It's a compelling character.

Sure-Oz
06-12-2012, 07:07 AM
DC=Gay
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0PlwDbSYicM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I'd take 10-1 Odds the Hulk would stomp Doomsday's ass.

Perfect

ThaVirus
06-12-2012, 12:15 PM

Maybe in the comic book world. No way in hell Captain America and Thor were more popular before their movies came out recently. I'd say The Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are just as well-known despite not having a movie released in the past decade.

ThaVirus
06-12-2012, 12:17 PM
The only superhero in Marvel that could touch Superman and Batman in a battle of recognition is Spider-Man.. And even he would take third place to those two.

Edit: Maybe The Hulk or Wolverine. Still, neither is as popular as Bats and Supes

keg in kc
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Maybe in the comic book world. That's the point I was making a few days ago. The Avengers are bigger right now in a mainstream sense than they've ever been prior. And it's all recent. Flash back four years ago, how many people outside of geeks like us - meaning regular people - would recognize Iron Man, or know anything about him. Captain America before 2011 had a horrible movie that about 6 people saw in 1990. Some people might have recognized Thor from The Incredible Hulk Returns. But probably not. And I doubt anybody now still has a clue who Black Widow and Hawkeye even are. At the start of this run of movies, the Hulk was it. People know him (sort of) thanks to Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno.

DC characters have had a bigger mainstream presence, and it goes back decades. Batman's had multiple movies and TV series. Superman's had multiple radio shows, tv series and movies. Wonder Woman's had a TV series. Even Flash had a tv series in 1990 (I was one of about 4 people who watched it I think). Ten years ago they tried (and failed...) an all female show with Birds of Prey. Recently they had a shit ton of characters appear on Smallville, everybody from Aquaman to Hawkman to Green Arrow. Green Arrow's had a movie, bad as it was. All this without even talking about the cartoons that have been running basically nonstop on Cartoon Network since 2001 (Justice League, Justice League: Unlimited, Young Justice, Young Justice Invasion) and their predecessor in Bruce Timm's Batman: The Animated Series which ran on Fox back in the early 90s.

I'm not arguing that DC is better than Marvel. I don't have a horse in that race; I enjoy them both. But DC has benefitted for years and years because of their connection with Warner, and their characters have been in the public eye basically forever because of it. On the flip side, Marvel's presence has been centered primarily on the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spider-Man and the X-Men. Which is not to say that I don't love what they've done to build the Avengers in the last 5 years. They've totally flipped Warner's pre-existing mainstream non-comic advantage on its head, and now they're the big dog. It's a new thing, and hopefully it motivates DC to do something similarly epic in scale outside of what Nolan's done.

ThaVirus
06-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Well said, and I touched on it earlier. No one liked Iron Man before Downey Jr and I know most people still couldn't tell you whats so special about Captain America (he doesn't have super powers, he's just a perfect human).

Brock
06-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Well said, and I touched on it earlier. No one liked Iron Man before Downey Jr and I know most people still couldn't tell you whats so special about Captain America (he doesn't have super powers, he's just a perfect human).

Yep, without Downey, the Avengers is just fanboy appeal and nothing more.

Red Brooklyn
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT!

Green Arrow had a movie?

whoman69
06-12-2012, 02:18 PM

Green Arrow had a movie?

Not that I can see has been made.

"On January 18, 2012, The CW greenlit the pilot for a proposed Green Arrow series with Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg producing. The series, Arrow, will offer a fresh take on the character. Smallville's Justin Hartley will not be involved in the new project. Actor Stephen Amell will portray Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in the pilot. [3][4]

[edit] MovieDavid S. Goyer and Justin Marks penned a script for a movie starring Green Arrow originally called Super Max. On June 5, 2008, the film was retitled Green Arrow: Escape from Super Max. The reported storyline is that the hero (framed for a crime he didn't commit) must escape a high security prison filled with A, B and C list villains and rogue superheroes.

MTV posted an interview with Marks on its site in 2008. Marks says:

It's a very, very awesome prison. I majored in architecture in college, and design is how I actually started in. For 'Super Max,' designing that prison, it had to be the kind of thing that was a character in and of itself...We're in a world where instead of just trying to contain a guy who's really big, you're trying to contain a guy who can — in the case of Icicle — who can freeze things. What kind of a cell would a guy like that need in order to have his powers neutralized? So to escape from Super Max they have got to go through the most elaborate heist we've ever seen, involving superpowers. Because the prison itself kind of has superpowers!

Marks added that Black Canary won't be making an appearance in the film, and that it will include cameos from the Riddler, Lex Luthor and the Joker.[5]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Arrow_in_other_media

According to IMDb, the Super Max movie is still in development.

whoman69
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
There is also a Teen Titans movie in development for a 2013 release. Seems pretty close to the gun for them not to have released any info on it yet.

BigCatDaddy
06-12-2012, 02:23 PM
There is also a Teen Titans movie in development for a 2013 release. Seems pretty close to the gun for them not to have released any info on it yet.

I've only seen the cartoon since my son loved it for a short time. It wasn't too bad and I was suprised that Robin was actually somewhat cool.

keg in kc
06-12-2012, 03:01 PM

Green Arrow had a movie?No, that was me thinking Green Lantern and typing Green Arrow.

Green Arrow was a major presence on Smallville for years, though, and a new version gets his own show on CW this fall.

keg in kc
06-12-2012, 03:02 PM
I've only seen the cartoon since my son loved it for a short time. It wasn't too bad and I was suprised that Robin was actually somewhat cool.I loved that cartoon. I even love those Teen Titan shorts they have during Green Lantern and Young Justice now.

keg in kc
06-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I had totally forgotten about Super Max. I think that one's dead in development hell now.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Personally, I'd rather see a Justice Society movie than a Justice League movie.

The original Green Lantern, the original Flash, Dr. Fate, Dr. Mid-night, Wildcat, Starman, Hourman, the Atom -- throw in the Huntress and Black Canary and you've got a well-balanced team, but no one's overpowered. Especially the last incarnation where half of them were older and the other half were next-gen versions of the heroes. Good strong characters who're more than a touch flawed.

That would be worth watching.

I like that lineup better than Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and Flash. Face it, those seven could wipe out the world and not break a sweat. Where's the challenge? Who's realistically going to threaten them?

whoman69
06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
I've only seen the cartoon since my son loved it for a short time. It wasn't too bad and I was suprised that Robin was actually somewhat cool.

He becomes even cooler when he becomes Nightwing.

beach tribe
06-12-2012, 10:45 PM

He's not a perfect human. Humans do not jump 50ft down out of trees, and blast the sand out of punching bags. He has the strength of 20 men, and is as durable as an Oak tree. You're not going to like this, but him fighting Batman would be like him fighting a 12 yr old. Batman might use some device to take him down, but Batman really IS just a man. Cap is a Super Soldier.

beach tribe
06-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Yep, without Downey, the Avengers is just fanboy appeal and nothing more.

Downey is Awesome casting. CA made 100mil. Thor, More than that. More people may have know who Superman is in the past, but that doesn't mean that they would prefer to watch one of his boring plots over anything Marvel. The Zod story is pretty good, but everything else is just bland.

Nolan made Batman Epic, but That is OVER after this next film, and everything else DC has made besides that has been totally laughable. I can't wait to see them reboot batman without Nolan, and Bale.

Suit nipples anyone?

beach tribe
06-12-2012, 11:07 PM
The only superhero in Marvel that could touch Superman and Batman in a battle of recognition is Spider-Man.. And even he would take third place to those two.

Edit: Maybe The Hulk or Wolverine. Still, neither is as popular as Bats and Supes

This probably was true at one time. Not anymore.
Spidey, Wolverine, and all of the Avengers save Cap, Widow, and Hawkeye are all bigger than Superman now, and the only people who might find him more interesting would be under the age of 12. I doubt the new movie will have the chops to change that in the future either with what marvel has planned.
And there are more characters coming.
The only character DC has that is on their level now is Nolan's Batman, and that franchise has ended.

ThaVirus
06-13-2012, 12:57 AM
He's not a perfect human. Humans do not jump 50ft down out of trees, and blast the sand out of punching bags. He has the strength of 20 men, and is as durable as an Oak tree. You're not going to like this, but him fighting Batman would be like him fighting a 12 yr old. Batman might use some device to take him down, but Batman really IS just a man. Cap is a Super Soldier.

There are some extraordinary humans out there that can do amazing things. No one truly knows the limits of human potential so they can take liberties when showing off Cap's abilities. Not to mention they're fake; they're comic books.

Yes, Cap has feats that would appear to put him in the superhuman category, but so does Batman and a lot of other human crime fighters. Officially speaking, Cap is just the perfect human. He's as strong, fast and agile as a human could ever be while the super soldier serum grants him prolonged endurance.

Meanwhile Batman has supposedly trained himself to the peak of human potential, but realistically speaking he'd have genetic limitations. He would get his ass handed to him by Captain America.

Micjones
06-13-2012, 06:48 AM
While we're on the DC vs. Marvel subject...
Superman vs. Hulk, who you got?

Had this debate just the other day.

Fish
06-13-2012, 10:31 AM
The "New" Justice League....

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9416/iffyjusticeleague.jpg

BigCatDaddy
06-13-2012, 11:22 AM

Superman and it's not close.

Setsuna
06-13-2012, 11:23 AM
The "New" Justice League....

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9416/iffyjusticeleague.jpg

WTH is that crap?

Bowser
06-13-2012, 11:42 AM

Had this debate just the other day.Superman, probably. But Hulk would make him work for it. Look no further than the Planet Hulk storyline to see what th e Hlk can be.

WTH is that crap?

Probably something from Asia. They seem to kind of make those mistakes with marketing from time to time.

beach tribe
06-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Superman and it's not close.

If Doomsday can knock Supes into a healing coma, who's to say the the hulk couldn't.
The Hulk is supposed to be as strong as anything or anyone in any universe. Supposedly immeasurably strong.
Funny how we're all getting geeked out about this stuff. I loved comics when I was a kid. This is fun.32 yrs old talking about who would win in an inter-comic universe fight.:D

AustinChief
06-13-2012, 05:00 PM

Superman vs which Hulk?

Superman vs Savage Hulk is a wash.

Superman vs The Professor (hyper intelligent Hulk) and Hulk wins in a landslide.

Aries Walker
06-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Superman d. Hulk, but Thor d. Superman. And yes, my friends and I have disected this many times over the years as well.

Aries Walker
06-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Funny how we're all getting geeked out about this stuff. I loved comics when I was a kid. This is fun.32 yrs old talking about who would win in an inter-comic universe fight.:D
Not to worry. Anyone who thinks comics are still for kids hasn't read any since the 80's. They're our society's equivalent of Greek myths.

Jamie
06-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Superman vs which Hulk?

Superman vs Savage Hulk is a wash.

Superman vs The Professor (hyper intelligent Hulk) and Hulk wins in a landslide.

There are different versions of Superman too. There's the original version, who was much less strong and couldn't fly. There's also the 1950s version, who could move planets and fly at the speed of light.

But I think most versions of Superman could get the Hulk into space, at which point the Hulk wouldn't have anything to push against and Superman could gently push him into the sun. Of course Superman wouldn't do that, so compassion is his Achilles' heel in this case.

AustinChief
06-13-2012, 08:35 PM
There are different versions of Superman too. There's the original version, who was much less strong and couldn't fly. There's also the 1950s version, who could move planets and fly at the speed of light.

But I think most versions of Superman could get the Hulk into space, at which point the Hulk wouldn't have anything to push against and Superman could gently push him into the sun. Of course Superman wouldn't do that, so compassion is his Achilles' heel in this case.

The Hulk has survived the destruction of a planet and the heat of a star's core. Not sure what pushing him into the sun would do....

An intelligent Hulk simply leaps off to grab some kryptonite and shoves it square in Superman's bung.

They are evenly matched on brute force... Hulk (the smart one) is far far more intelligent.. he also has a less stringent moral code... whereas Superman has a glaring weakness in regards to kryptonite... seems like a pretty clear win for Hulk.

Mr. Laz
06-13-2012, 08:52 PM
I loved that cartoon. I even love those Teen Titan shorts they have during Green Lantern and Young Justice now.

what's up with the time jump in Young Justice?

they just switched shit all around without telling you what happened.

Robin and Nightwing together?
Nightwing now in command?
beastboy pops out of nowhere

irritating ... they could have made 3/4 shows out of those transitions

Mr. Laz
06-13-2012, 08:54 PM
The Hulk has survived the destruction of a planet and the heat of a star's core. Not sure what pushing him into the sun would do....

An intelligent Hulk simply leaps off to grab some kryptonite and shoves it square in Superman's bung.

They are evenly matched on brute force... Hulk (the smart one) is far far more intelligent.. he also has a less stringent moral code... whereas Superman has a glaring weakness in regards to kryptonite... seems like a pretty clear win for Hulk.
superman is as fast as flash and as strong as the hulk

That speed makes all the difference IF superman would really try to win

Jamie
06-13-2012, 10:40 PM

You're cherry picking the best version of the Hulk to face the standard version of Superman. There are versions of Superman that don't have a vulnerability to Kryptonite, plus the 50s version who is so ridiculously overpowered that he could practically do anything. Plus the Hulk is from a different universe where Kryptonite doesn't exist, so he has no way of knowing about it.

Then even if Hulk somehow figures out that this substance that he's never seen or heard of is the key to defeating Superman, how does he get away from Superman long enough to find or make some? Keep in mind that Superman is (at the very least) almost as strong as the Hulk and much much faster. Hulk jumps away to find Kryptonite, Superman zips under him and knocks him into space, game over.

I've never heard of a story where the Hulk survives the core of a star, but even if he could I don't know how he could escape it. And even if he could do that, Superman could just leave him in deep space to ineffectually thrash around.

Micjones
06-14-2012, 07:53 AM
I heard it argued that the Hulk gets stronger the angrier he gets so he'd eventually win out, but isn't there some limitation to how angry a person can get?

I wasn't a big comic book reader as a kid, but I'm fascinated with comic book characters now.

ThaVirus
06-14-2012, 10:28 AM
I heard it argued that the Hulk gets stronger the angrier he gets so he'd eventually win out, but isn't there some limitation to how angry a person can get?

I wasn't a big comic book reader as a kid, but I'm fascinated with comic book characters now.

That's pretty much the ending argument for any Hulk vs. debate. At his base strength he's not even as strong as guys like Abomination, Thor, Hercules, Juggernaut, etc. But obviously the more angry he gets, the stronger he gets- basically until he's able to overpower his enemy. Not to mention his healing factor that's probably the strongest in the Marvel universe. He can pretty much keep going forever.

I'd probably take the Supermans strongest incarnation over the Hulk. Although World War Hulk was one of the most badass dudes I've seen.

Micjones
06-14-2012, 11:37 AM
That's pretty much the ending argument for any Hulk vs. debate. At his base strength he's not even as strong as guys like Abomination, Thor, Hercules, Juggernaut, etc. But obviously the more angry he gets, the stronger he gets- basically until he's able to overpower his enemy. Not to mention his healing factor that's probably the strongest in the Marvel universe. He can pretty much keep going forever.

I'd probably take the Supermans strongest incarnation over the Hulk. Although World War Hulk was one of the most badass dudes I've seen.

Seems kinda arbitrary to me, but point taken.

I've heard it said, though, that Superman's moral code keeps him restrained.
That if he truly set his respect for life aside...he'd have unlimited power.

ThaVirus
06-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Seems kinda arbitrary to me, but point taken.

All comic books are. The extent of a hero's power changes with every writer. That's why debates like this will never end.

Micjones
06-14-2012, 12:07 PM
All comic books are. The extent of a hero's power changes with every writer. That's why debates like this will never end.

I can see that. Just read a debate about Superman-Composite v. Professor Hulk. It also alluded to Superboy-Prime. It's definitely an endless debate.

kaplin42
06-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Going back to the movie idea.

Here is my problem(s).

1. Marvel took the time (years) to set up the Avengers universe with the different single movies. Whether you like the individual movies or not, at least you knew the characters, and had some stake in the Avengers movie. Not to mention, they hired a comic dork (Joss Whedon) to do the movie. His intimate knowledge of the characters really showed on the screen.

2. DC is just going to try and ride the wave. They will put out a 3D PoS with lots of pretty colors, but no stories, characters, or plots that anyone will actually care about. The only thing that will drive the movie will be the urge to see a bunch of primetime comic heroes in one setting, but that novelty will wear off after the first 30 minutes if the story sucks.

3. Superman in the WW2 generation was a great hero. He really personified the lifestyle (remember art imitates life) back then, and the basic innocence that we had as a society. Today, his character is very out of place, the Boy Scout attitude just doesn't mesh with a lot of people anymore. He is almost the same as Cpt. America in his thinking. On top of that, his character is ultra-boring. There is no threat, except Kryptonite that can harm him, and I mean actually harm him. Yes, we know about Darkside, but will that ever be brought to a movie, I doubt it. Wonder Woman is the same as supes, except she has boobs. This leaves the audience caring very little about what happens because there is no suspense. You never wonder if he supes is going to make it or not, because how could he possibly not.

4. I would rather see a Superman vs. Batman. Or, something that I know will never happen, Marvel vs. DC. Avengers vs. JLA. That would be awesome, even if it was terrible.

Jamie
06-14-2012, 03:50 PM
I think the real difference between Marvel and DC movies is that Marvel movies are made by Marvel, and DC movies are made by Warner Bros. Even now that Marvel is owned by Disney, they're still their own Pixar-esque fiefdom (for however much longer that lasts). The people in charge of making DC movies are movie executives who aren't capable of creative thinking beyond "we must copy the most recent successful thing".

Also I don't understand the logic that says Superman stories lack suspense because he's too powerful. Did you really get to end of the Avengers movie and think "I don't know if Tony's going to make it out of this one!" The suspension of disbelief is the same. It's fiction, all you have to do to make something that can hurt Superman is say "this can hurt Superman".

Aries Walker
06-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Remember also that much of the Marvel movies' success was due to them taking characters that few people knew, and introducing them through the movies. Lots here have said that they didn't know Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor, or even Iron Man until the movies came out. DC could, conceivably, introduce us to the likes of Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Zatanna, or even - since people know their images much more than they know their actual characters - Flash and Wonder Woman. They have done it before, and recently, with Watchmen.

Their biggest issue would be seeming like Avengers knock-offs now. Both companies have consistently tried to not seem like they're copying the other, dating back to the 60's, because they know it would be the quickest way for them to be seen as the second tier. Personally, I think DC's weaker characters make them second tier anyway, but there are plenty of others who feel the opposite.

Even if DC does try a JLA movie - which I don't they will any time soon - they can't possibly do it in the same way as Marvel just did with the Avengers. They just rolled the dice with their whole company by restarting the entire storyline; I think their energy will be in that, and maybe animated TV series bases on it, for a while.

Micjones
06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
"X-Men: First Class" was essentially a reboot that didn't require individual franchises leading up to its release.

They could pull the JL film off without preceding franchises.

Let's not forget that "Avengers" was great...because it was a great film on its own merit. If they'd done all the preceding groundwork and made a stink nugget that work would've been in vain.

JD10367
06-15-2012, 07:59 AM
"X-Men: First Class" was essentially a reboot that didn't require individual franchises leading up to its release.

They could pull the JL film off without preceding franchises.

Best point so far. If they try to tell the story of a bunch of thirtysomething already-established heroes who meet in a boardroom and say, "Let's form a league", it'll suck balls. If they go the "First Class" route, and introduce the characters when younger, it'll work better. Show them coming into their own, figuring out their powers, teaming up to fight some threat. ("Smallville" did this, but they started a little too early, showing them as teens. I think a "JL" film should show them as children and teens in the first half hour, to establish the characters and their powers, but show them teaming up when they're more like 20 years old.)

Micjones
06-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Best point so far. If they try to tell the story of a bunch of thirtysomething already-established heroes who meet in a boardroom and say, "Let's form a league", it'll suck balls. If they go the "First Class" route, and introduce the characters when younger, it'll work better. Show them coming into their own, figuring out their powers, teaming up to fight some threat. ("Smallville" did this, but they started a little too early, showing them as teens. I think a "JL" film should show them as children and teens in the first half hour, to establish the characters and their powers, but show them teaming up when they're more like 20 years old.)

They need a Joss Whedon.
Without strong writing they'll be unable to duplicate what Singer/Turner did with X-Men: FC.

whoman69
06-15-2012, 12:40 PM

If they're going to take that route, they may as well use the Teen Titans.

Javabean
06-15-2012, 02:26 PM
They need a Joss Whedon.
Without strong writing they'll be unable to duplicate what Singer/Turner did with X-Men: FC.

They actually did have Joss Whedon for a Wonder Woman movie about 5 years ago but blew it. They could've had him helping them build the DC movie universe instead of working on The Avengers.

Micjones
06-15-2012, 02:27 PM
They actually did have Joss Whedon for a Wonder Woman movie about 5 years ago but blew it. They could've had him helping them build the DC movie universe instead of working on The Avengers.

I forgot about that.

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Rebooted Batman to Debut in JUSTICE LEAGUE? (http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-REBOOTED_rebooted-Batman-to-debut-in-JL.html)

I received a bit of intel here recently that involves the Batman on film reboot and the inevitable JUSTICE LEAGUE film.
It’s looking as a live-action JUSTICE LEAGUE film -- the one currently being penned by Will Beall for Warner Bros. -- just might be the studio’s first big, DC Comics-based tent pole movie after 2013’s MAN OF STEEL. This JL film would, possibly, hit theaters Summer 2015. So, exactly WHAT does this have to do with BATMAN REBOOTED? Read on…

Said reboot will come after the JL film, not before. Therefore, the new cinematic Batman will be introduced in the JL film as opposed to a solo film. This would, according to my industry "FOBOF," assure the new Batman film series will be part of a "DC Cinematic Universe."

Keep in mind that this is based on industry scuttlebutt, so take it with a grain of salt. However, if indeed true (And this FOBOF is solid as they come, trust me!) this is not good news for the solo Batman franchise in my opinion. I’d like the next director of the rebooted cinematic Batman to have more creative control over the character -- something that’s not likely to happen of this scenario plays out.

I have some very strong opinions about this that I shall reserve for an op-ed piece in the near future.

Valiant
08-29-2012, 07:39 PM
It would be a toss up between Hulk and Supes.. Can go either way..

Now someone like Dr. Strange would kick the shit out of superman since he is weak to magic..

Chiefspants
08-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Rebooted Batman to Debut in JUSTICE LEAGUE? (http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-REBOOTED_rebooted-Batman-to-debut-in-JL.html)

I received a bit of intel here recently that involves the Batman on film reboot and the inevitable JUSTICE LEAGUE film.
It’s looking as a live-action JUSTICE LEAGUE film -- the one currently being penned by Will Beall for Warner Bros. -- just might be the studio’s first big, DC Comics-based tent pole movie after 2013’s MAN OF STEEL. This JL film would, possibly, hit theaters Summer 2015. So, exactly WHAT does this have to do with BATMAN REBOOTED? Read on…

Said reboot will come after the JL film, not before. Therefore, the new cinematic Batman will be introduced in the JL film as opposed to a solo film. This would, according to my industry "FOBOF," assure the new Batman film series will be part of a "DC Cinematic Universe."

Keep in mind that this is based on industry scuttlebutt, so take it with a grain of salt. However, if indeed true (And this FOBOF is solid as they come, trust me!) this is not good news for the solo Batman franchise in my opinion. I’d like the next director of the rebooted cinematic Batman to have more creative control over the character -- something that’s not likely to happen of this scenario plays out.

I have some very strong opinions about this that I shall reserve for an op-ed piece in the near future.

Perhaps they can convince Joel Schumacher to return?

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2012, 07:43 PM

Now someone like Dr. Strange would kick the shit out of superman since he is weak to magic..

Supes would kick the shit out of the Hulk if he uses his speed

Aries Walker
08-29-2012, 08:14 PM

What would be a toss-up, a superhuman free-for-all? If we're talking that, remember Thor's hammer is magical as well, and I don't know that there's anyone in the Marvel Universe (short of all-powerful cosmic entities) that can take him out solo.

AustinChief
08-29-2012, 10:14 PM
How about an easy one. Franklin Richards vs Superman.

JD10367
08-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Perhaps they can convince Joel Schumacher to return?

Batsuit nipples, woohoo!

ThaVirus
08-30-2012, 08:27 PM
How about an easy one. Franklin Richards vs Superman.

I don't know much about that guy but the stuff from Wikipedia, but can't that guy manipulate matter on the atomic level? Seems like that would be a bit unfair.

EDIT: Or maybe he's a reality warper? I'm not sure.

AustinChief
08-30-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't know much about that guy but the stuff from Wikipedia, but can't that guy manipulate matter on the atomic level? Seems like that would be a bit unfair.

EDIT: Or maybe he's a reality warper? I'm not sure.

yeah, completely unfair.. he can create or destroy entire universes.. so... he's got that going for him...

Aries Walker
08-30-2012, 10:34 PM
It's OK, I'm sure there's a Marvel heavy hitter out there somewhere that Superman can take down, if you search hard enough. This is assuming that the contest isn't determined by who is the most compelling and interesting character, in which case Superman is, of course, doomed. ;)

ThaVirus
08-31-2012, 11:23 AM
I feel like DC characters are far more powerful than Marvel, but Marvel's character depth is better.

The Justice League would stomp the Avengers.

durtyrute
08-31-2012, 11:29 AM

Hopefully they will leave out that scratchy ass, raspy sounding cigarette smoking voice

Aries Walker
08-31-2012, 11:48 AM
I feel like DC characters are far more powerful than Marvel, but Marvel's character depth is better.

The Justice League would stomp the Avengers.Stomp, probably not. Beat, probably, if you use classic lineups. The front four of each group (Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/Flash vs. Thor/Iron Man/Captain America/Hulk) would be about equal, but I highly doubt Wasp and Yellowjacket could hold their own against Aquaman and, more definitively, Green Lantern.

If you use current modern lineups, it gets a lot more one-sided. The Justice League has basically the same lineup except with the addition of Cyborg, but the only classical Avengers left are Captain America and Iron Man, with the rest of their ranks taken up by Hawkeye, Red Hulk, Vision, Spider-Woman, and Quake, who would get wiped by the Justice League veterans.

Now, if you add in all of the splinter groups, then the advantage swings back to Marvel, whose Secret Avengers and New Avengers include the likes of the Thing, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Doctor Strange, Venom, Iron Fist, Luke Cage; basically most of the Marvel Universe's heavy hitters. Justice League International and Justice League Dark's rosters, on the other hand, read like the minor leagues - Green Arrow, Booster Gold, Hawkman, Zatanna, and so on. Ka-pow.

So there you are. Also, I obviously have no life.

Jamie
08-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Stomp, probably not. Beat, probably, if you use classic lineups. The front four of each group (Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/Flash vs. Thor/Iron Man/Captain America/Hulk) would be about equal, but I highly doubt Wasp and Yellowjacket could hold their own against Aquaman and, more definitively, Green Lantern.

I think even with the top 4s the Justice League comes out on top pretty decisively. Superman takes Hulk into space as previously discussed, Flash moves at the speed of light and disassembles Iron Man's armor before Tony knows a fight is happening and probably has time left over to punch Captain America in the face 1000 times. Wonder Woman holds off Thor until he throws his hammer, at which point Flash redirects it to Wonder Woman's hand (she's lifted it before) and she gets Thor's powers on top of her own. Batman's taking a nap or something.

ThaVirus
08-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Stomp, probably not. Beat, probably, if you use classic lineups. The front four of each group (Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/Flash vs. Thor/Iron Man/Captain America/Hulk) would be about equal, but I highly doubt Wasp and Yellowjacket could hold their own against Aquaman and, more definitively, Green Lantern.

Well that's why it would be a stomp. I'd imagine it would go down with Supes vs. Hulk, WW vs. Thor, Flash vs. Iron Man and Batman vs Cap. Flash would rape Iron Man but other than that those would all be good fights. Then it comes to Aquaman and Green Lantern vs those two chumps. It would get messy real quick once Flash, Aquaman and GL joined in and started pounding on Hulk and Thor.

Now, if you add in all of the splinter groups, then the advantage swings back to Marvel, whose Secret Avengers and New Avengers include the likes of the Thing, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Doctor Strange, Venom, Iron Fist, Luke Cage; basically most of the Marvel Universe's heavy hitters.

All of these guys, with the exception of Strange and maybe Thing, would be useless. Honestly, take out Strange and add all those guys you just named; give the JL Martian Manhunter and the JL would annihilate the Marvel side.

Just my opinion.

Aries Walker
08-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Oh, no. Superman wouldn't match up with Hulk; he'd match up with Thor, who would instantly overpower anyone else in the JLA, and he'd be lucky to get a tie. (Thor is a lot more powerful in the comic books than he is in the movies, and he's magical, which would give Superman a big problem.)

Batman and Captain America are as evenly matched as any two are, and so basically negate each other. Flash would not beat Iron Man very easily but I could see him winning eventually, but then you've got Hulk vs. Wonder Woman. Either way, there's still the Green Lantern problem, so yeah. Poor, poor, tiny insect-themed Avengers.

And Martian Manhunter's not in the JLA right now. He would make a big difference, but if you open it up to past (or future) members, then it just gets a lot messier.

I can't believe I'm arguing this. Hello again, teenage years, how've you been? :D

Micjones
08-31-2012, 02:20 PM

The Justice League would stomp the Avengers.

I don't see that at all.
For shits and giggles...

Let's put a starting lineup together for both JL and the A's.

Aries Walker
08-31-2012, 02:56 PM
For the JLA:
I don't think anyone would deny Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman as core members.
Martian Manhunter and Hawkman were members for a long time, but are not now.
Cyborg is a current member.

The original Avengers were Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man/Giant-Man (Hank Pym) and Wasp.
Hulk leaves in the second issue, but is on the team in the movie.
Captain America joins in the fourth issue.
Hawkeye and Black Widow join later, and are in the movie.
The current team in the comics is Captain America, Iron Man, Red Hulk, Hawkeye, Vision, Spider-Woman, and Quake.

As "classic" line-ups, which I think most people identify with the most, I went with:

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman
vs.
Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Hank Pym, and Wasp.

whoman69
08-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Oh, no. Superman wouldn't match up with Hulk; he'd match up with Thor, who would instantly overpower anyone else in the JLA, and he'd be lucky to get a tie. (Thor is a lot more powerful in the comic books than he is in the movies, and he's magical, which would give Superman a big problem.)

Batman and Captain America are as evenly matched as any two are, and so basically negate each other. Flash would not beat Iron Man very easily but I could see him winning eventually, but then you've got Hulk vs. Wonder Woman. Either way, there's still the Green Lantern problem, so yeah. Poor, poor, tiny insect-themed Avengers.

And Martian Manhunter's not in the JLA right now. He would make a big difference, but if you open it up to past (or future) members, then it just gets a lot messier.

I can't believe I'm arguing this. Hello again, teenage years, how've you been? :D

Wonder Woman is a lot stronger than you think, not up to Hulk standards, but certainly up to Thor. I could also see JLA using Flash to wear down the Hulk. He certainly wouldn't be able to hurt him. As you say, Green Lantern is a match up problem for the Avengers.

CoMoChief
08-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Hopefully they will leave out that scratchy ass, raspy sounding cigarette smoking voice

Why do people have such a problem with this? I admit they went a little overboard in TDK, but it wasn't bothersome to me. They toned it down a little in TDKR.

Jamie
08-31-2012, 03:59 PM

If you really think Iron Man vs Flash is even close you need to think about how fast the speed of light is. Not to mention the fact that Flash can vibrate through matter and make it explode. Wonder Woman is more powerful than you think too, her power level is basically almost-Superman plus she's a much more skilled fighter. I'd say Thor is slightly ahead of Wonder Woman one-on-one, but she's more than powerful enough to keep Thor busy long enough for Superman to deal with the Hulk.

For the JLA:
As "classic" line-ups, which I think most people identify with the most, I went with:

vs.

Even though Hulk was an original member of the Avengers, he has rarely been a member since then. I know people make the association now because of the movie, but for a classic comic lineup I don't think he qualifies. My classic lineup would be Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Pym, Wasp, Vision, and the Scarlet Witch. That team probably also stands a better chance against the Justice League based purely on the inclusion of Scarlet Witch.

Aries Walker
08-31-2012, 04:11 PM
I included Hulk because of a) he was an original, b) the movie, and c) there is the Red Hulk on the team, who has analagous powers. If you replace him with Vision, Hawkeye, and Scarlet Witch, that makes the teams unbalanced - but if that's not a problem, I have no problem with these.

I would suggest also adding Quicksilver, but I wouldn't want Flash hurting himself laughing at how slow the Avengers' "speedster" is. :D

Psyko Tek
08-31-2012, 04:24 PM
flash can vibrate a through walls, or a brick into your skull
he is the most deadly man in both continuums, and batman knows how to beat him
marvel loses

JD10367
08-31-2012, 06:16 PM
The last dozen posts here have retroactively removed any sexual experiences from my head while simultaneously moving me into mom's basement, losing my job, AND giving me bad acne.

Aries Walker
08-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Hey, come on now. Be fair. I have a job.

ThaVirus
08-31-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't see that at all.
For shits and giggles...

Let's put a starting lineup together for both JL and the A's.

That's just the way I see it. I don't read the comics much so that's just based on what I've read and watched.

The problem with DC is that all the heavy hitters have ridiculous amounts of strength, speed, invulnerability and nanosecond reaction time. The only ones in Marvel (without getting into the Beyonder and Thanos-types) that have similar powers to guys like Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, etc. are Silver Surfer and Thor.

Then again, I feel like Marvel has a lot more magical beings and reality warpers to even things out. People like the Scarlet Witch and Franklin Richards can change entire universes with a thought so there's that to consider. I'm not sure; I guess I'm just thinking mainly about the most popular characters. A lot of Marvel's popular characters only handle city-wide threats (Spider-Man, Daredevil, Wolverine). It usually takes a team of them to combat anything/anyone substantial (X-Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers) while the DC characters I mentioned could handle global threats singlehandedly.

vs.

I think it would break down like this:

Superman > Hulk. It would be a good fight since the Hulk gets stronger the longer the fight lasts and his healing factor would ensure that to happen. In the end, Superman's versatility and speed advantage would give him the victory.

Wonder Woman < Thor. Another good fight here. WW is basically just a notch below Superman with that indestructible lasso and bracelets as weapons. I think Thor would edge her out in the end but it wouldn't be easy.

Green Lantern > Iron Man. The GL ring is one of the most powerful weapons in either universe. IM's suit is nice, but it wouldn't hold up nor be able to penetrate and of the GL constructs.

Batman = Captain America. Probably the most evenly matched fight here. Personally I think Cap's superior physical abilities and the shield would give him the edge over Batman's gadgets; but I'll call it a wash. It doesn't matter either way, once one defeated the other he'd be stomped immediately by pretty much anyone else on the field.

The Flash + Aquaman >>>>>>>>>>>> Ant Man + Wasp. Seriously. I'm not even going to discuss this.

Jamie
09-01-2012, 04:34 AM
So what would an Avengers team that could beat the Justice League look like? Drawing only from characters that have been Avengers (so no Silver Surfer) and ignoring their current living/dead status, I'd say the Sentry, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Red Hulk, and maybe Invisible Woman. There's a rumor that Xavier will be on an Avengers team after Avengers vs X-Men wraps up, so if that happens he'd definitely be on there.

Luke Warm
09-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Fuck Batman...lame ass character.

Aries Walker
09-01-2012, 05:51 AM
He's actually fascinating, as long as they leave out Robin. Making Batman a father figure makes him a lot less interesting.

Luke Warm
09-01-2012, 12:32 PM
He's actually fascinating, as long as they leave out Robin. Making Batman a father figure makes him a lot less interesting.

The reason Batman is lame and boring as shit to me is his seemingly endless supply of corny ass gadgets in his belt. No matter the situation, he will have the right gadget at the time. How could he possibly anticipate what gadgets he will need lol???

If a giant alien dildo robot that shoots lasers attacked him, rest assured that fucker will have a bottle of anti-alien dildo robot that shoots lasers spray. Batman is shit. Boring. Lame.

Bowser
09-01-2012, 12:35 PM
The reason Batman is lame and boring as shit to me is his seemingly endless supply of corny ass gadgets in his belt. No matter the situation, he will have the right gadget at the time. How could he possibly anticipate what gadgets he will need lol???

If a giant alien dildo robot that shoots lasers attacked him, rest assured that fucker will have a bottle of anti-alien dildo robot that shoots lasers spray. Batman is shit. Boring. Lame.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m75q0fI0dG1qbxq6j.jpg

But to be fair, Batman was camped up all to hell back in the 60's and 70's. He's way more of a badass these days.

Luke Warm
09-01-2012, 12:38 PM
[img]
But to be fair, Batman was camped up all to hell back in the 60's and 70's. He's way more of a badass these days.

That pic is great LMAO

whoman69
09-01-2012, 12:42 PM

If a giant alien dildo robot that shoots lasers attacked him, rest assured that ****er will have a bottle of anti-alien dildo robot that shoots lasers spray. Batman is shit. Boring. Lame.

You've been watching the old movie with the bat shark repellant?

Luke Warm
09-01-2012, 12:58 PM
You've been watching the old movie with the bat shark repellant?

I don't remember him using shark repellent in a movie. I dont recall a shark in any of the Batman movies.

Bowser
09-01-2012, 01:29 PM
I don't remember him using shark repellent in a movie. I dont recall a shark in any of the Batman movies.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CJ-4jCS9ky8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Luke Warm
09-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Ah, never seen this lol.

Luke Warm
09-01-2012, 01:42 PM
ROFL this is the worst piece of crap ROFL

whoman69
09-01-2012, 05:55 PM
ROFL this is the worst piece of crap ROFL

That was the best show on tv when I was 4.

whoman69
09-01-2012, 06:55 PM
'Justice' Not for All: Who can studio get to direct DC Comics dream team?

Christopher Nolan told them no. Ben Affleck confirmed just this week that he has no interest, despite media reports to the contrary. Who can Warner Bros. Pictures get to direct “Justice League,” its “Avengers”-like team-up of DC Comics’ top-shelf superheroes?

Warner has a pretty deep bench of filmmakers it likes to work with, which is why proven hit-makers Nolan and Affleck might have been natural first choices for the company. But now two more names working within the studio for the past decade and a half have surfaced, and if they tackle the project, things might finally get rolling.

Those names? Andy and Lana Wachowski. The brother-sister team directed the “Matrix” trilogy for Warner, among the studio’s biggest hits, and have apparently garnered enough good will among the top brass for them to proceed with risky projects like “Speed Racer” and the upcoming “Cloud Atlas.” Now, if Moviehole is accurate with its report, Warner execs are interested in having the Wachowskis possibly direct what could be the crown jewel in the company’s long-delayed deployment of its wholly owned DC Comics universe beyond Batman and Superman.

It makes sense: The Wachowskis know how to handle incredible visual imagery, mind-blowing special effects and, perhaps most importantly, character ensembles – all three of which were successful components of “The Avengers,” which is now the obvious reference for any future superhero team-up movies. The studio is said to be very pleased with “Cloud Atlas,” which also features all three of those elements, and knows that at this point it can probably trust the Wachowskis with any tentpole property thrown at them. The duo have also shown that they can go gritty and dark with “The Matrix” or bright and candy-colored with “Speed Racer” – and we think “Justice League” falls somewhere in between both.

Would they want to do it? Well, the siblings are world-class geeks, so they almost certainly have the knowledge and sensibility for a huge comic book adaptation (a script has been written by Will Beall, but the Wachowskis would almost undoubtedly work on it themselves). They’ve also produced a previous graphic novel adaptation – the underrated “V for Vendetta” – and were in the mix for a Superman reboot at one point, too. Now that “Cloud Atlas” is done, the next project on their plate is an original sci-fi film called “Jupiter Rising” – but would they be willing to put that aside for a while and get a “Justice League” movie rolling for the studio’s hoped-for 2015 release?

It’s an exciting prospect to be sure, and the future of DC Comics on film may depend on it. More to come …

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/paralleluniverse-blogpost.aspx?post=3b892fbb-1150-4d4e-8da4-c3f598a76914

Bowser
09-01-2012, 08:04 PM
The Wachowskis would fuck this movie up. Royally.

Luke Warm
09-01-2012, 10:38 PM

Superman is 2-0 vs Hulk.

No version of Hulk can beat Superman. Grey, green, red, savage, world war, maestro, etc

Luke Warm
09-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Superman d. Hulk, but Thor d. Superman. And yes, my friends and I have disected this many times over the years as well.

When did Thor beat superman? Superman knocked Thor out in the jla vs avengers series.

kaplin42
09-02-2012, 12:56 AM
From a non-comic book reader, i have a question. My knowledge stems from the cartoons, current movies and some video games. so forgive any ignorance i display.

But in the current discussion you guys keep putting Flash on IM and Bats vs Capn America. Would a better fight not be Bats vs Iron Man? Both millionaires, both are super smart, and both are just typical humans that have some seriously cool toys.

I would much rather see that fight. But I'm curious who you more informed peeps think would win?

AustinChief
09-02-2012, 01:01 AM
From a non-comic book reader, i have a question. My knowledge stems from the cartoons, current movies and some video games. so forgive any ignorance i display.

But in the current discussion you guys keep putting Flash on IM and Bats vs Capn America. Would a better fight not be Bats vs Iron Man? Both millionaires, both are super smart, and both are just typical humans that have some seriously cool toys.

I would much rather see that fight. But I'm curious who you more informed peeps think would win?

IronMan would kill batman in about 3 seconds, his toys are far more powerful and he is far smarter. Of course Flash would do the same to Cap in about .0000000000003 secs.

I think people are just basing it on the fact that it would be an even match with Cap and Batman.

KcMizzou
09-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Superman would ruin everything because he's basically a GOD and that's why he's not interesting.

Luke Warm
09-02-2012, 07:46 AM
IronMan would kill batman in about 3 seconds, his toys are far more powerful and he is far smarter. Of course Flash would do the same to Cap in about .0000000000003 secs.

I think people are just basing it on the fact that it would be an even match with Cap and Batman.

Batman is 1-0-1 against Captain America.

Luke Warm
09-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Superman would ruin everything because he's basically a GOD and that's why he's not interesting.

Kryptonite and magic are his weaknesses.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Kryptonite and magic are his weaknesses.yes, but you can only play those cards so many times.

kaplin42
09-02-2012, 11:31 AM

You don't think Batman would have something in that nifty belt to take down IM, say an EMP?

Doesn't Bats have a plan to take down every member of the JL if the need arises?

Mr. Laz
09-02-2012, 11:38 AM
You don't think Batman would have something in that nifty belt to take down IM, say an EMP?

Doesn't Bats have a plan to take down every member of the JL if the need arises?Super EMP shielding FTW!!!

:)

Luke Warm
09-02-2012, 11:48 AM

Doesn't Bats have a plan to take down every member of the JL if the need arises?

Yea he does. I'm sure they came from a "Contingency Plan Developer" gadget in his belt.

AustinChief
09-02-2012, 08:04 PM

EMPs don't affect the current IronMan armor. Batman would be totally outclassed versus IM.

Luke Warm
09-02-2012, 08:15 PM
They need to make a Batman vs Spiderman comic one day. That's my dream fight in comics. They had a very brief "fight" in a crossover. It was just 2 panels, one threw the other but he landed on his feet. That was it cuz then they teamed up. Me and my best friend have had this convo many times. He thinks Batbitch would win and I got Spidey.

This fight is best summed up in YouTube video titled "Death Battle Batman vs Spiderman ScrewAttack"

Luke Warm
09-02-2012, 08:17 PM
By the way those Death Battle videos on YouTube by ScrewAttack are awesome. They break down the fighters and then you get to see the battle.

Other fights they've covered....Kratos vs Spawn, Link vs Cloud, Mario vs Sonic, Master Chief vs Doomguy, and a couple others.

ThaVirus
09-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Those Screw Attack videos are extremely entertaining.

Also, Spider-Man would wreck Batman. He's farrrrrrrr stronger, faster, and more agile while being every bit as smart. Plus his spider sense pretty much nullifys Bats' stealth and gadgets.

A pissed off Spider-Man would punch through his head like a watermelon.

Luke Warm
09-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Those Screw Attack videos are extremely entertaining.

Also, Spider-Man would wreck Batman. He's farrrrrrrr stronger, faster, and more agile while being every bit as smart. Plus his spider sense pretty much nullifys Bats' stealth and gadgets.

A pissed off Spider-Man would punch through his head like a watermelon.

This. I'd rep you for this but I don't have that ability yet. How long do new people here have to wait for that and to start threads and stuff like that?

Chiefspants
09-03-2012, 09:01 PM
This. I'd rep you for this but I don't have that ability yet. How long do new people here have to wait for that and to start threads and stuff like that?

Whose mult are you again?

Luke Warm
09-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Whose mult are you again?

No ones. Why does everyone think I'm a mult or troll? I was a lurker here for about two years and finally joined a few weeks ago.

Luke Warm
09-04-2012, 08:35 AM

I'm assuming a mod saw this and granted me these things because I am able to do them all so thank you to whoever it was.

Now can my name please be changed back to Stone Cold.

whoman69
09-04-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm assuming a mod saw this and granted me these things because I am able to do them all so thank you to whoever it was.

Now can my name please be changed back to Stone Cold.

Granting rep when you have a negative rep won't have much effect.

Luke Warm
09-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Granting rep when you have a negative rep won't have much effect.

Oh ok. Did not know that. Well my intentions were good.

kaplin42
11-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Some talk of this happening in the movie.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w461/ZombieClownZ/debc6471455cdea8ffbe48c8d6095ffc.jpg

mdchiefsfan
11-28-2012, 02:48 AM
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/rumor-joseph-gordon-levitt-to-appear-in-justice-league-as-batman-plus-lots-of-new-the-dark-knight-rises-images-20121127

HitFix is reporting that according to their sources, Joseph Gordon-Levitt will "absolutely" be returning as Batman in "Justice League" (sorry Armie Hammer). Furthermore, they hear rumblings that Gordon-Levitt -- and possibly one other actor from the Nolan-verse -- will suit up earlier, and they basically suggest that he could pop his head into "Man Of Steel" in some sort of Marvel-esque world-building scheme. On the one hand, we're sure Warner Bros. would love to find a way to build off of Nolan's wildly successful trilogy, which for now has been viewed as being completely self-contained. However, this whole plan sounds like the exact antithesis of Nolan's approach, who has more or less sought to have his Batman pictures stand independently from anything else.

Deberg_1990
11-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Theres also rumours that JGL might appear in the new "Man of Steel" next summer or that film might tie into the Justice League series somehow.

Red Brooklyn
11-28-2012, 01:22 PM
If true, that puts all the Robin nonsense to bed.

Rugby Thompson
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Avengers was over rated.

Fish
11-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Avengers was over rated.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2276/9a5f713341de47da9fc001c.jpg

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Avengers was over rated.

I agree.

I've watched it twice now and think it's complete and utter crap. The direction is awful, the dialogue clunky and the story hokey. Mark Ruffalo was by far the best actor and the others were wooden as fuck.

I just don't get how it received so much praise.

Rugby Thompson
11-28-2012, 01:45 PM
I agree.

I've watched it twice now and think it's complete and utter crap. The direction is awful, the dialogue clunky and the story hokey. Mark Ruffalo was by far the best actor and the others were wooden as ****.

It's just the typical over hype with people, I don't care for superhero films anymore because 95 percent of them are corny and never done right. This film was a snooze fest and Justice League will only be worse.

Rugby Thompson
11-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Amazing Spiderman sucked too, they just keep delaying on putting Carnage and Venom in the same film, not realizing how much money they make if they did.

Aries Walker
11-28-2012, 05:30 PM
I completely disagree with you about how great Avengers was, but I completely agree with you in that Amazing Spider-Man was atrocious, so I suppose we're about equal.

Rugby Thompson
11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Avengers was better then amazing spiderman but when did spiderman become some skateboarding hipster? They completely killed the character and story and the lizard was just a horrible villain, people want to see Carnage for fucks sake.

Valiant
11-28-2012, 10:48 PM
I agree.

I've watched it twice now and think it's complete and utter crap. The direction is awful, the dialogue clunky and the story hokey. Mark Ruffalo was by far the best actor and the others were wooden as ****.

Because it is an actual comic book movie.. It is the closest thing to reading the comic books.. That is why so many loved. it..

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Because it is an actual comic book movie.. It is the closest thing to reading the comic books.. That is why so many loved. it..

But it was an awful movie.

Aries Walker
11-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Avengers was better then amazing spiderman but when did spiderman become some skateboarding hipster? They completely killed the character and story and the lizard was just a horrible villain, people want to see Carnage for ****s sake.
Maybe people below 30, who read comics during the dark days of the 90's, want to see Carnage. I would have been happy if they had done a good job on the Lizard, which they didn't.

ThaVirus
11-28-2012, 11:10 PM
But it was an awful movie.

False.

DaneMcCloud
11-28-2012, 11:11 PM
False.

Go fuck yourself, again.

Sorter
11-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Maybe people below 30, who read comics during the dark days of the 90's, want to see Carnage. I would have been happy if they had done a good job on the Lizard, which they didn't.

I don't know if the Lizard can be done well, IMO. I don't know how I'd do it.

I do think that the new Spiderman looked like a steaming pile of shit and I didn't go see it. I also think that Venom, Carnage, and the GG should be the main villans for the next 2, 3 or 4 films.

Also, if Osborn isn't played by Dafoe, I'll be pissed. Especially if they take time to build up his character. Willem is awesome.

Aries Walker
11-29-2012, 06:43 AM
Osborn will definitely not be played by Dafoe. Get your righteous ire warmed up.

Bowser
11-29-2012, 10:04 AM
This is a tangent post, but it's a pet peeve of mine.....

How can you have Venom and Carnage in Spider Man movies WITHOUT showing the Secret Wars? Because, that IS where Venom came from.

Piss on the Avengers and Justice League. Give me a Secret Wars movie. And it would most definitely have to be movieS, if not a series. (I probably answered my own question there)

Bowser
11-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Osborn will definitely not be played by Dafoe. Get your righteous ire warmed up.

Absolute crap.

Sorter
11-29-2012, 10:25 AM

http://i46.tinypic.com/27yv7lw.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
11-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Man of Steel will help set up Justice League movie, according to Zack Snyder.

http://m.guardiannews.com/film/2012/nov/26/man-of-steel-justice-league-movie

mdchiefsfan
11-30-2012, 03:15 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/excited.gif

Bowser
11-30-2012, 10:19 AM

From the same link....

The last time anyone saw Superman double up on the big screen was when Krypton's favourite son ended up repeatedly whacking himself over the head in 1983's pretty execrable Superman III. Thankfully, there are no plans for a repeat in Zack Snyder's forthcoming Man of Steel, but it's looking more and more like we'll be getting double helpings of the character in cinemas before too long. Following a court victory over rights to Superman, Warner Bros this week revealed it will release the long-gestating Justice League movie in cinemas in summer 2015 – coincidentally, the same year that other superhero ensemble combo, The Avengers, are due for a second outing in cinemas.

For the uninitiated, the comic-book take on the Justice League features Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, along with assorted minor characters. Warner could plump for the Marvel Studios approach and cast Henry Cavill, the British actor signed to portray Supes in Man of Steel, just as Robert Downey Jr and Chris Hemsworth portrayed Iron Man and Thor in both standalone movies and The Avengers. But even though Justice League is a film that has only really been greenlit due to the $1.5bn success of Joss Whedon's superhero epic, I think and hope studio execs will go for a different approach.

First of all, there's the problem of Snyder and Christopher Nolan's "real-world" approach to Superman for Man of Steel. Out next year, the latest attempt to return Kal-El to cinemas is brought to you by the team behind Nolan's recent Batman trilogy, though the latter is taking a back seat in favour of Watchmen director Snyder. While co-writer David S Goyer was recently at pains to deny the idea that we'll be getting a "dark" Superman, he's been happy to confirm that the new film posits a more realistic take on the world's best-known superhero. A teaser trailer showed a bearded Clark Kent thumbing lifts and doing manual labour somewhere rugged and freezing in north America, and the new Superman outfit is a distinctly muted affair, minus the famous red underpants on the outside. It all points towards an origins story in which the big blue boy scout is – like Nolan's Batman – the only superhero in his world, rather than the inhabitant of a more fantastical universe in which lycra-cladded, super-powered crimefighters lurk around every corner. Since that's exactly the kind of world the Justice League is likely to be dead set on saving, it makes sense for the latter film to feature a more traditional version of the character.

Another reason we might be better off seeing two cinematic versions of Superman (and eventually Batman) is that Warner faces a completely different set of circumstances to that of rival Marvel. The latter's advantage when delivering its highly successful series of interconnected comic book movies – most of them about relatively little-known characters such as Iron Man, Thor and Captain America – was that nobody had previously seen these figures on screen in any sort of respected cinematic iterations, if at all. It was therefore possible to deliver a five-year plan in which all appeared in their own origins movie(s) before teaming up for The Avengers. Faced with the task of aping such success with the DC Comics properties to which it owns the rights, Warner Bros is doomed to fail. Superman is about to be re-established via a risky new reboot, and Batman has just finished a successful run in a deeply iconoclastic trilogy which does not even feature characters with traditional superpowers. In the highly unlikely event that Christian Bale's caped crusader were to suddenly appear in the Justice League's orbiting spaceship control room alongside a green-skinned chap from Mars (Justice League member The Martian Manhunter), an alien with seemingly infinite powers (Superman) and a warrior princess with a magic lasso that forces anyone caught in it not to tell porkies (Wonder Woman), we might be entitled to ask a few questions. Warner needs to bite the bullet and accept that its Justice League should feature all-new versions of all of the above.

Finally, time is running out. With Justice League set to arrive in 2015, there simply isn't time to integrate Warners' previous versions of Batman and Superman with the new ensemble outing. Warner would have to reboot Batman as part of the new team, with knock-on consequences for the hero's next outing. Again, it makes far more sense to keep the two versions of the caped crusader separate and reap the potential rewards from the success of both versions.

There is, of course, a caveat: frankly, I remain doubtful that it makes any sense to bring Justice League to the big screen at all right now. Nevertheless, if Warner must deliver the movie, it ought to do so without destroying any chance of its members appearing in strong solo outings for the next decade or so. In the absence of any other options, the campaign to keep big-screen Batman and Superman separate from their ensemble outings starts here.

I'll leave you with the other major comic book movie news this week, in which Marvel's plans for future Iron Man and Thor movies – in contrast to those of Warner – continue to roll along smoothly. Here are the official plot synopses for Iron Man III and Thor: The Dark World. Will those films keep the studio at the top of the superhero tree? Or are you one of the few who believes Warner can trump the success of The Avengers with a barnstorming Justice League flick?

http://m.guardiannews.com/film/filmblog/2012/oct/19/man-of-steel-superman-justice-league

That's an interesting conundrum. Two versions of SUpes and Batman? How will the public react to such a thought?

Aries Walker
11-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Wait. Captain America is "little-known"?

Red Brooklyn
11-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Well, he's certainly no Captain Atom.

-King-
11-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Is Chris Nolan going to help on the JL movie also?

Red Brooklyn
11-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Is Chris Nolan going to help on the JL movie also?
Nah.

They offered and he said no.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/09/christopher-nolan-justice-league/

"No involvement at all." - Nolan

ThaVirus
11-30-2012, 09:25 PM

Before his latest film and the Avengers, I'd say yes. The average person that doesn't read comics wouldn't have known much about Captain America before 2011.

Rugby Thompson
11-30-2012, 11:25 PM
This is gonna be a flop especially since Nolan isn't involved, DC sucks anyways except for Batman. Just make a Secret Wars film then a Maximum Carnage one, the only thing I ever wanna see from DC is Batman, maybe this if they could get it done right now but for the most part, all the Superman flicks have been a bust.

Mr. Laz
12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Does the upcoming Justice League feature film already have a villain lined up? Well, according to a report, the answer would be affirmative.

The folks at LatinoReview have learned that when Warner Bros. wrangles the heroes of the DC Comics universe together to hit the big screen in Avengers-like epicness, they will be tangling with none other than the durable, detestable despot, Darkseid.

While it is hardly a report containing much substance, Darkseid has always been the clear front-runner when it comes to the choice of villains who are powerful enough, recognizable enough, and carry the kind of gravitas necessary to be the main antagonist in an effort against the main lineup of DC Comics superheroes, headlined by Superman himself. (Plus, Tom Hiddleston was busy with The Avengers 2.)

What could this mean for DC's mega-team movie movement?

Marvel took things slowly, building their movie universe one character's film at a time, leading into a movie event with already established characters. However, with Justice League (depending on how Warner treats next year's Superman reboot, Man of Steel,) DC might be going into theaters cold, tasked with having to introduce EVERYONE in the team, including its new Batman, who will NOT be Christian Bale's moody, gravel-voiced version from the Christopher Nolan films. (And despite rumors, will also not be Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "Blake/Robin.")

Additionally, they would then have to establish the threat that Darkseid represents and explain his motivation. Such a task entails taking a radical turn from hero introductions on Earth, to the realm of far-away planets.

Created by Jack Kirby in the early 1970's, Darkseid possess immense power, both physically and politically. He's also a slavedriver who had his own mother murdered to gain rule of his planet of Apokolips, turning it into a dark, nightmarish world overrun by his Parademon troopers. He is a megalomaniac whose only purpose is to rule everything, notably the neighboring, idyllic planet of New Genesis. -- That was, until he discovers the existence of Earth and its array of costumed heroes, notably, a certain blue-suited Kryptonian.

That's going to be quite a task for a single film that will sell itself as a big summer tentpoll.

Justice League gets ready to dodge omega beams at theaters in the summer of 2015.

ThaVirus
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm not big on DC but he would seem like the most obvious choice.

Who else would be powerful or smart enough to require the entire Justice League? Doomsday, Brainiac and Lex Luthor come to mind but they may be saved for future Superman installments..

ThaVirus
12-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Black Adam is another, I guess..

Maybe a team up headed by Lex Luthor? It would be a way to work in some lesser known villains like Deathstroke, Bizzaro, Gorilla Grodd, Solomon Grundy, etc. They could even use that as a way to bring the Joker back in..

All that sounds like a bit much for the first movie though.

Guru
12-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Is the movie going to be 4 hours long?

Chiefspants
12-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Back to my original prediction, this is gunna be bad.

Gravedigger
12-04-2012, 04:22 AM
Considering they only have at best one cast member on board with Henry Cavill, assuming this new Man of Steel movie is successful, I would hold off naming a villain until you puts some faces to the names. This all seems forced with arrogance, if Marvel did it why can't we!?

Aries Walker
12-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Back to my original prediction, this is gunna be bad.
I'm with you on that one.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2012, 06:46 AM
I have very little faith in WB to be able to pull this off. Other than Nolans Batman, their recent Superhero history is garbage.

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2012, 06:55 AM

Maybe a team up headed by Lex Luthor? It would be a way to work in some lesser known villains like Deathstroke, Bizzaro, Gorilla Grodd, Solomon Grundy, etc. They could even use that as a way to bring the Joker back in..

Vandal Savage

Deberg_1990
12-04-2012, 07:12 AM
I will add though, that im excited for Man of Steel and i truly hope Snyder and WB pull it off.

whoman69
12-04-2012, 03:10 PM

Not the Legion of Doom

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091211040242/superman/images/9/98/Legion_of_Doom_Headquarters.jpg

BigCatDaddy
12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Not the Legion of Doom

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091211040242/superman/images/9/98/Legion_of_Doom_Headquarters.jpg

Maybe build it up to like the third movie to whip out the LOD.

Sure-Oz
12-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I will add though, that im excited for Man of Steel and i truly hope Snyder and WB pull it off.

Agreed...

The recent superman remake was meh..

The preview for man of steel gave me some hope

jiveturkey
03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Christopher Nolan to produce ‘Justice League’, Christian Bale to return as Batman?

http://batman-news.com/2013/03/03/christopher-nolan-to-produce-justice-league-christian-bale-to-return-as-batman/

Nothing like a HUGE story to kick off the launch of Batman News 2.0. I can’t even believe I’m about to write this… but Warner Bros. is reportedly about to put some life into their failed Justice League project. We recently learned that Will Beall’s script has been scrapped, and they were going back to the drawing board. El Mayimbe of Latino Review is back with another huge scoop! According to El Mayimbe, Christopher Nolan’s new role at Warner Bros. is to oversee all developments of their superhero properties. Like he did on Man of Steel, Nolan will “Godfather” and produce the upcoming Justice League movie.But that’s not all…

Last May, Bale told Empire Magazine that if Christopher Nolan came to him with a good story, he’d be willing to play Batman again. The plan right now is to have Christian Bale reprise his role as Batman and join Henry Cavill’s Superman. Warner Bros. feels like their back is against the wall… and has to do something huge in order to compete with Marvel’s The Avengers. El Mayimbe suggests that a scene following Man of Steel’s credits could involve Superman finding a “retired” Bruce Wayne, and persuading him to join his “team”. If that happened, El Mayimbe says fanboys would squeal like 13 year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert… and I think he might be right!

Check out the video above for all the details and hit up Latino Review at the source link below for the full story. And for those who are skeptical about this report… Latino Review has been a great source of Warner Bros. movie news. They were the first website to report that Heath Ledger had been cast as The Joker and that Brandon Routh would be Superman in 2006′s Superman Returns. Do you like the idea of Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan teaming up again for Justice League? Or would you prefer Warner Bros. went a different route? Leave your thoughts in the comments below and stay tuned to Batman News for all the latest Justice League updates.

Pestilence
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
A darker Justice League movie would be fucking awesome. I think if they try and go the route of the Avengers....it won't work as well.

Tribal Warfare
03-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Christopher Nolan to produce ‘Justice League’, Christian Bale to return as Batman?

http://batman-news.com/2013/03/03/christopher-nolan-to-produce-justice-league-christian-bale-to-return-as-batman/

Nothing like a HUGE story to kick off the launch of Batman News 2.0. I can’t even believe I’m about to write this… but Warner Bros. is reportedly about to put some life into their failed Justice League project. We recently learned that Will Beall’s script has been scrapped, and they were going back to the drawing board. El Mayimbe of Latino Review is back with another huge scoop! According to El Mayimbe, Christopher Nolan’s new role at Warner Bros. is to oversee all developments of their superhero properties. Like he did on Man of Steel, Nolan will “Godfather” and produce the upcoming Justice League movie.But that’s not all…

Last May, Bale told Empire Magazine that if Christopher Nolan came to him with a good story, he’d be willing to play Batman again. The plan right now is to have Christian Bale reprise his role as Batman and join Henry Cavill’s Superman. Warner Bros. feels like their back is against the wall… and has to do something huge in order to compete with Marvel’s The Avengers. El Mayimbe suggests that a scene following Man of Steel’s credits could involve Superman finding a “retired” Bruce Wayne, and persuading him to join his “team”. If that happened, El Mayimbe says fanboys would squeal like 13 year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert… and I think he might be right!

Check out the video above for all the details and hit up Latino Review at the source link below for the full story. And for those who are skeptical about this report… Latino Review has been a great source of Warner Bros. movie news. They were the first website to report that Heath Ledger had been cast as The Joker and that Brandon Routh would be Superman in 2006′s Superman Returns. Do you like the idea of Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan teaming up again for Justice League? Or would you prefer Warner Bros. went a different route? Leave your thoughts in the comments below and stay tuned to Batman News for all the latest Justice League updates.

I JIMP

Nightfyre
03-04-2013, 12:27 PM
I dunno. That trilogy is just so well put together. Do you really want them to re-open it?

Tribal Warfare
03-04-2013, 12:28 PM
I dunno. That trilogy is just so well put together. Do you really want them to re-open it?

Nolan has the Midas touch now, So it's a definite that the film will be very good.

bowener
03-04-2013, 12:35 PM
This could work and be pretty interesting depending upon what they do with Batman. I would be so much more interested in scrapping a JL movie altogether, and making 2 or 3 films out of "Return of the Dark Knight" (the animated movie, especially #2 is great). That would be fucking awesome in my opinion or just make this in about another 10 or 15 years with Nolan and Bale, and go ahead with a JL movie for now.

Frosty
03-04-2013, 12:42 PM
I guess I'll have to wait until the new Supes movie comes out to know for sure but I think part of the reason both The Avengers and Dark Knight trilogy works is because the heroes, for the most part, aren't really super-powered. Of course, they aren't realistic at all but there is still a thought that training, technology or science made these heroes (Thor excepted) so there is a tiny connection to them to the audience. Watching super-beings like Superman and Wonder Woman reduces the audience to just watching the show with little personal involvement.

If they could make the heroes more like a cross between Nolan's Batman and the CW show "Arrow", I think they could do something cool.

BTW, I know none of it realistic at all - no amount of training is going to make you be able to take the punishment Bruce Wayne takes as Batman, for example - but it is more "believable" than super-powered aliens.

Deberg_1990
03-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I guess I'll have to wait until the new Supes movie comes out to know for sure but I think part of the reason both The Avengers and Dark Knight trilogy works is because the heroes, for the most part, aren't really super-powered.

Yes, Thor and Hulk could really happen.

kaplin42
03-04-2013, 12:49 PM
This could work and be pretty interesting depending upon what they do with Batman. I would be so much more interested in scrapping a JL movie altogether, and making 2 or 3 films out of "Return of the Dark Knight" (the animated movie, especially #2 is great). That would be ****ing awesome in my opinion or just make this in about another 10 or 15 years with Nolan and Bale, and go ahead with a JL movie for now.

I loved those to movies. Absolutely amazing, and to see someone finally take Batman their was epic.

I really wouldn't mind seeing a Batman vs. Superman movie if it was all dark like that.

Frosty
03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Yes, Thor and Hulk could really happen.

I knew someone would immediately take that tact (and I did say "excepting Thor").

Whatever. Just a personal theory that the more "realistic" super-heroes make better movies, like Iron Man and Batman. I didn't care for the Iron Man comics but he has translated well to the movies.

Frosty
03-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Actually, I just had a different thought about this. Maybe it isn't the level of realism but that a more realistic super-hero is easier to get right in a movie. For example, I was a huge Spider-Man fan when I was a kid. One of the most disappointing thing about all of movies is they just haven't gotten Spidey to move the way I always pictured in my head. He was supposed to be incredibly fast and agile and I don't think they have been able to duplicate that yet. Batman and Iron Man are easier to make believable because they aren't super-powered.

Tribal Warfare
03-10-2013, 03:26 AM
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/60968809" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>