PM ET
By* Bill Williamson | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND3
TWEET10
COMMENTS136
EMAIL
PRINT
Weekend mail call:*

Lincoln from Kemmerer, Wyo., wants to know if the*Kansas City Chiefs would be moved from the AFC West if a team other than the Raiders or the Chargers move to Los Angeles.*

Bill Williamson: It’s an interesting question. Something would have to happen. Now that Minnesota is getting a new stadium; the current candidates to move to L.A. are the Chargers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars and Rams. The easiest solution, if the team that moves to L.A. isn’t in the AFC West, would be for the Rams to move to L.A. They would easily stay in the NFC West. If the Bills or the Jaguars end up out West, eventually something would have to be done and because the Chiefs are the furthest East team in the division, an eventual move from the AFC West could be a possibility. Again, it’s down the road. If that happens, it would be a shame. The Chiefs forever belong in this division.*

Christian from Greifswald, Germany, wants to know if I think the Raiders can re-sign receiver*T.J. Houshmandzadeh.*

BW: I think that ship has sailed. The only way I see it happening is if the Raiders suffer a major injury at receiver or if the team is desparate for a veteran. Houshmanzadeh gaveCarson Palmer a familiar target last year, but Palmer is now comfortable in Oakland. So, there really isn’t much need for Houshmandzadeh at this point.*

Dylan from Hoxie, Kan., wants to know if*Brandon Siler can push*Jovan Belcher for a starting linebacker job in Kansas City.*

BW: Siler suffered an Achilles injury last training camp. I like him from his San Diego days. The Chiefs like Belcher, but Siler is a pro and if he has a good training camp, he can press Belcher. At the very least, Siler will be good on special teams.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwes...ve-the-division
In all matters of opinions, our adversaries are insane. --Oscar Wilde

Okie_Apparition
06-10-2012, 08:15 AM
really off season

Deberg_1990
06-10-2012, 08:16 AM
The Cowboys are still in the NFC East

NIUhuskies
06-10-2012, 08:19 AM
If the Jags move to LA I could see them try to put them in the AFC West and KC in the AFC South with Indy, Hou , and Tenn. It makes more geographical sense but I'd be pissed not playing Oakland and Denver every year. Could care less about San Diego

bevischief
06-10-2012, 08:39 AM
I want some what the hell he was smoking.

okcchief
06-10-2012, 08:43 AM
If the Jags move to LA I could see them try to put them in the AFC West and KC in the AFC South with Indy, Hou , and Tenn. It makes more geographical sense but I'd be pissed not playing Oakland and Denver every year. Could care less about San Diego

If the Jags go to LA they would probably do that. God that would be horrible.

RealSNR
06-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Buffalo isn't going to move to LA. That's retarded.

But I'll play along regardless. If they were to move to LA, then they would take our place in the West. Where does KC go now? The East? That's just crazy. Only other place that would make sense would be to put us in the South. Then what? Move the Jaguars to the East, I suppose. You're shifting three teams around in divisions, and breaking up some legendary and long-standing rivalries (Miami-Buffalo and KC-Oakland/Denver).

Just move the team nobody cares about- the Jaguars. At least people in Buffalo still support the Bills.

okcchief
06-10-2012, 08:45 AM
The Cowboys are still in the NFC East

That's true. It would also make more geographical sense to put Atlanta in the East and Dallas in the South. I'd hope they would leave shit alone and respect long term rivalries.

NIUhuskies
06-10-2012, 08:46 AM
yeah its gonna be real interesting once we find out what team moves there. Since the Chiefs are the farthest east team in the division we could be the odd men out. For example, what if the Vikings move to LA, do we goto the NFC North with the Bears, Packers and Lions? Or what happens if its the Bills? Either way this could cause some problems. With the Chiefs having so much tradition in the AFC, let alone the AFC West Im not sure they could move us, but geographically im not sure how they are going to pull this off

bevischief
This whole article is retarted.

Mojo Jojo
Moving the Chiefs has always been in play. Best for the Chiefs....Rams to LA NFC West and Jax to StL so they stay in the AFC South. The Bills are the Wildcard that really could screw things up. Then the most logical thing is Bills to NFC West, Rams to AFC South, Jags to AFC East.
Let's face it the NFL wanted the Chiefs to move to the NFC twice...Lamar said no...Clark may if the price is right.

Gonzo
06-10-2012, 08:47 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MM73OSzsi-s/TBP1Dq9_X_I/AAAAAAAAAns/1ssI8Zoh4JA/s1600/sweep+the+leg.jpg

Mojo Jojo
06-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Buffalo isn't going to move to LA. That's retarded.

But I'll play along regardless. If they were to move to LA, then they would take our place in the West. Where does KC go now? The East? That's just crazy. Only other place that would make sense would be to put us in the South. Then what? Move the Jaguars to the East, I suppose. You're shifting three teams around in divisions, and breaking up some legendary and long-standing rivalries (Miami-Buffalo and KC-Oakland/Denver).

Just move the team nobody cares about- the Jaguars. At least people in Buffalo still support the Bills.

But the team is for sale....if an out of town buyer steps up they are gone.

milkman
06-10-2012, 08:50 AM
I highly doubt that there's anything about a move that has has legs.

The more interesting question is the one about Siler.

I really don't htink Siler can ever be the same player he was before the achilles injury, and frankly he wasn't anything special fully healthy.

He was a solid goal line and short yardage LB, but beyond that, he was a JAG.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if he makes the final roster.

Fritz88
06-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Don't care where we end as long as we have Cassel.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
06-10-2012, 08:55 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MM73OSzsi-s/TBP1Dq9_X_I/AAAAAAAAAns/1ssI8Zoh4JA/s1600/sweep+the+leg.jpg

I agree.

boogblaster
06-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I want some what the hell he was smoking.

me 2 .....

Coogs
06-10-2012, 09:07 AM
When they did the re-alignment a few years ago, the very main point that drove that alignment was to not breakup the history of the natural rivalries that already existed. That is why Dallas stayed with NY, Philly, and Washington. The Jets, Bills, Pats, and Fins. The Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos. The Packers, Vikings, Lions, and Bears. And so on. They were not willing to break those up then... nor do I believe they would break them up now. Too much history to alter.

Rasputin
06-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Could Matt Castel die in aidsfire?

We could only wish.

If jags moved to L.A. then just swap out fagdolts from our division.

cardken
06-10-2012, 09:20 AM
When they did the re-alignment a few years ago, the very main point that drove that alignment was to not breakup the history of the natural rivalries that already existed. That is why Dallas stayed with NY, Philly, and Washington. The Jets, Bills, Pats, and Fins. The Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos. The Packers, Vikings, Lions, and Bears. And so on. They were not willing to break those up then... nor do I believe they would break them up now. Too much history to alter.

The NFL will follow the Dollar or given the choice between it and History. Hard to tell what the NFL does anymore, logic goes out the window. Seattle left for the West makes sense. Atlanta was in the NFC West For years. Hell Tampa Bay was in our Division early on. I think the Bills would end up in Canada, they have been testing the waters for awhile up there in their regular season schedule, and the NFL is as stated before looking to go International.

BigMeatballDave
06-10-2012, 09:21 AM
No. The NFL isnt going to kill the Chiefs/Raider rivalry.

BossChief
06-10-2012, 09:40 AM
I wish we could move to the nfcw /cassel

Predarat
06-10-2012, 09:41 AM
If STL moves to LA, it should stay the same as it is, if the Jags move to LA, put them in the NFC West and put STL in the AFC South.

Okie_Apparition
06-10-2012, 10:04 AM
The NFL wants a permant team in London
why would they care about the contenintal US
they gross enough money to develop their own version of the Concord

morphius
06-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I think the NFL overall has shown they don't care much about the Chiefs.

Aries Walker
06-10-2012, 10:21 AM
There's no way they'd move the Chiefs out of the West and split them away from the Raiders and Broncos. The rivalries are worth too much to the NFL.

It wasn't too long ago that Phoenix was in the East, and even now Dallas still is. Plus, Indianapolis is in the South, and Cincinnati - to the actual South - is in the North. It doesn't always make sense.

Also, with Khan owning the Jaguars now, I doubt seriously if they're going to move. And if the Bills move, I hope they'd change their name from the cheap pun it is now.

RealSNR
06-10-2012, 10:35 AM
I highly doubt that there's anything about a move that has has legs.

The more interesting question is the one about Siler.

I really don't htink Siler can ever be the same player he was before the achilles injury, and frankly he wasn't anything special fully healthy.

He was a solid goal line and short yardage LB, but beyond that, he was a JAG.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if he makes the final roster.He was basically San Diego's version of Cory Greenwood for years. I have no idea why we expect their Cory Greenwood to be any better than our Cory Greenwood.

Must be a Chiefs fan thing

Fritz88
06-10-2012, 10:37 AM
He was basically San Diego's version of Cory Greenwood for years. I have no idea why we expect their Cory Greenwood to be any better than our Cory Greenwood.

Must be a Chiefs fan thing

I'll reserve my judgement until I see his production under RC's coached defense.

RealSNR
06-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I'll reserve my judgement until I see his production under RC's coached defense.
Not that that's a bad thing, though. All teams need Cory Greenwoods, and we happen to have a pretty good Cory Greenwood on our team.

We could probably even use two of them. We were set to keep both Siler and Greenwood on the roster last year, I imagine. Instead we went with Brandon Bair at DE, or whichever other garbage player.

Siler will do stuff for this team if he's healthy. He's good enough to be a special teams leader, and we need depth at the inside.

Bump
06-10-2012, 11:09 AM
to hell with geographical locations, there is too much history to move out of this division now. The Seahawks did it like 15 years ago, but nobody really cared. The raiders/broncos games are some great rivalries and would be bad for the sport to divide them.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2012, 11:10 AM
100% not gonna happen. Clark would never let it happen. And Siler is a black Maslowski.

BigMeatballDave
06-10-2012, 11:24 AM
to hell with geographical locations, there is too much history to move out of this division now. The Seahawks did it like 15 years ago, but nobody really cared. The raiders/broncos games are some great rivalries and would be bad for the sport to divide them.15 yrs? Huh?

NIUhuskies
06-10-2012, 12:48 PM
If STL moves to LA, it should stay the same as it is, if the Jags move to LA, put them in the NFC West and put STL in the AFC South.

ya actually thats a pretty good idea if that did go down

Micjones
06-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Fuck this noise. You can't break up the KC vs. DEN/KC vs. OAK rivalries.

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Moving the Chiefs has always been in play. Best for the Chiefs....Rams to LA NFC West and Jax to StL so they stay in the AFC South. The Bills are the Wildcard that really could screw things up. Then the most logical thing is Bills to NFC West, Rams to AFC South, Jags to AFC East.
Let's face it the NFL wanted the Chiefs to move to the NFC twice...Lamar said no...Clark may if the price is right.

wtf?

Why not just keep the Rams in St. Louis you tard.

ChiefsCountry
06-10-2012, 01:00 PM
It would suck but I could see us being rivals with any of the 3 AFC South teams as well in time.

Frazod
06-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I don't really care. If Missouri can go to the SEC, then the Chiefs can go to the AFC South. There would be no media darlings among our division foes, either, which is nice. Indy without St. Manning is just another small market team, and nobody gives a shit about Tennessee or Houston on a national level.

bricks
06-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Don't care where we end as long as we have Cassel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Matt Cassel is a winner!

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2012, 01:44 PM
it makes the most sense to move the Rams back to LA and to move the faiders back to LA and have both teams share a new stadium ala NYG & NYJ.

That makes the most sense. Now will the NFL do this?

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2012, 01:49 PM
if the friggen faiders don't move back to LA then the Niners and the faiders should build a new stadium and share it ala NYG & NYJ somewhere in the greaters San Fran metro area.

Are these two franchises smart enough to do this?

That way the Rams or the jagz can move to LA. However, it just makes more sense to have 2 teams in LA and one team in San Fan and one team in Sandy Eggo.

CA with a total of 4 teams, one team for North Cali, one team for Mexico, and two teams for LA, the suburb of Mexico.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2012, 01:50 PM
if the friggen faiders don't move back to LA then the Niners and the faiders should build a new stadium and share it ala NYG & NYJ somewhere in the greaters San Fran metro area.

That way the Rams or the jagz can move to LA. However, it just makes more sense to have 2 teams in LA and one team in San Fan and one team in Sandy Eggo.

CA with a total of 4 teams, one team for North Cali, one team for Mexico, and two teams for LA, the suburb of Mexico.

SF is already moving to Santa Clara in what should be a very sick stadium.

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2012, 01:54 PM
SF is already moving to Santa Clara in what should be a very sick stadium.

Well, it looks like the faiders will be going back to LA then... It's what dead Al wanted anyway.

2 teams in LA sharing 1 new stadium ala the Staples Center and the Lakers and Clippers (and Kings). It just makes a heck of a lot of sense.

RealSNR
06-10-2012, 01:56 PM
It would suck but I could see us being rivals with any of the 3 AFC South teams as well in time.Indy and KC wouldn't be a problem as a rivalry. Chiefs fans already hate the Colts with a passion. If we became rivals, the Colts would easily hate us right back.

Houston and Tennessee have their weird inbreeding thing going for them in the same way Cleveland and Baltimore do.

It would be a fun division to play in, definitely. I prefer the intense, burning hatred of Denver and Oakland, but beggers can't be choosers.

Johnny Vegas
06-10-2012, 02:00 PM
fuck that the Rams can switch out since they were once in LA. they don't have 50 years of rivalry with a division like KC does.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-10-2012, 02:04 PM
I don't really care. If Missouri can go to the SEC, then the Chiefs can go to the AFC South. There would be no media darlings among our division foes, either, which is nice. Indy without St. Manning is just another small market team, and nobody gives a shit about Tennessee or Houston on a national level.

At least Oakland couldn't refuse to play them.

milkman
06-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Well, it looks like the faiders will be going back to LA then... It's what dead Al wanted anyway.

2 teams in LA sharing 1 new stadium ala the Staples Center and the Lakers and Clippers (and Kings). It just makes a heck of a lot of sense.

The Raiders belong in Oakland.

And there was no rivalry in any sport as intense as the rivalry between the Chiefs and Raiders in the mid 60s to mid 70s.

They were franchises owned by two men who hated each other with the passion of burning suns, and that hate permeated down to the players and to the fans.

Chief fans, and you Bronco fans that grew up after those years have no idea what real hatred between franchises is like.

FlaChief58
06-10-2012, 03:48 PM

And there was no rivalry in any sport as intense as the rivalry between the Chiefs and Raiders in the mid 60s to mid 70s.

They were franchises owned by two men who hated each other with the passion of burning suns, and that hate permeated down to the players and to the fans.

Chief fans, and you Bronco fans that grew up after those years have no idea what real hatred between franchises is like.

:clap: Bravo!

tredadda
06-10-2012, 04:18 PM
The thing with the Chiefs and the AFC West is the fact that these are long standing rivalries from the very formation of the AFL. Those rivalries can't just be replaced by moving us to any other division. The NFL will not want to do that as it would be a poor PR move.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2012, 04:22 PM
The thing with the Chiefs and the AFC West is the fact that these are long standing rivalries from the very formation of the AFL. Those rivalries can't just be replaced by moving us to any other division. The NFL will not want to do that as it would be a poor PR move.

It's not happening anyway. Lamar would flip in his grave if Clark let this happen. Not only is it a bad PR move for the NFL, but for the Chiefs. Most fans (including me) would be pissed.

stevenidol
06-10-2012, 04:23 PM
The Chiefs and Raiders "rivalry" has been dead for years. The players don't care, and the teams have mostly been irrelevant for the last 10+ years.

A scenery change would be nice.

whoman69
06-10-2012, 04:25 PM
The Chiefs and Raiders "rivalry" has been dead for years. The players don't care, and the teams have mostly been irrelevant for the last 10+ years.

Real gutsy posting this on a mult acct.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2012, 04:26 PM

Why don't you just take a shit on Lamar's grave and piss on the history of these franchises while you're at it?

06-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I would miss the rivalry with Denver much more than the rivalry with Oakland. The Oakland rivalry has been dead for more than a decade now.

Okie_Apparition
06-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Pretty sure 49er & Raider fans stab each other anytime they get a chance
Then again Jets & Giant fans don't exactly love each other

King_Chief_Fan
06-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Why don't you just take a shit on Lamar's grave and piss on the history of these franchises while you're at it?

seems to me that the team has already done that

Easy 6
06-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Goodell can Rape the World & take players wives as His Own on the Night of their Wedding, thereby Blessing that Marriage... anything at all.

But this, would be a burnt bridge too far... what a heresy, this idea must be burned & buried quite dead.

RealSNR
06-10-2012, 05:49 PM
seems to me that the team has already done thatIf so, it was done under Lamar's watch. It's only been 5 full seasons since Lamar passed. If Clark and Pioli are pissing on Lamar's grave, they're pissing on a grave made of dried diarrhea. No real harm done.

listopencil
06-10-2012, 06:11 PM
1) This is a stupid article. The NFL had a chance to align geographically when they went to four divisions per conference. They decided not to do it in order to keep certain revenue streams rivalries alive.

2) What the fuck is up with all of the asterisks in the article?

Dylan
06-10-2012, 06:19 PM

In 1983, Jets owner Leon Hess was interested in renewing his lease at Shea Stadium in Queens, NY. Negotiations fell through when Hess wanted the city to rebuild the stadium. When the Jets joined the Giants in mid 1980's they hoped Giants Stadium name would be changed -- John Mara who had authority refused.

When Woody Johnson bought the team, he had approached the former mayor about building a stadium on the West Side of Manhattan. The MTA owned most of the land and agreed to sell the land to the Jets. But the Jets attempts to build a stadium failed after lawsuits were filed by the citizens of NY who would lose their homes and businesses. The city would be on the hook for the construction of the stadium in addition with building a costly extension to the subway system on the West Side. Albany vetoed the project.

Defeated, Woody Johnson approached the Giants who were completing construction on a new privately financed stadium, agreed to enter a 50/50 partnership with the Jets. The Giants and Jets entered an agreement that gives the Jets an out clause to leave MetLife Stadium after 15 years to build their own stadium. The Giants must remain the full 97 years on the lease (give or take a year or two).

saphojunkie
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM

KU/MU was 1,000 times bigger for me than KC/Oakland. After that was broken, I don't give two shits about any traditions anymore.

You have Seattle, Oakland, Chargers, 49ers all on the west coast. If there isn't a new addition to California, I say make those teams all one division.

KC, St. Louis, Denver, and Arizona as new AFC west. I don't really care. Frankly, having shithead raider fans in my division feels like more trouble than it's worth.

Of course, that's just how I feel today.

HemiEd
06-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Some things are certain, and KC is not moving unless they want to. And they don't want to.

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2012, 10:19 PM

Oakland deserves the faiders and the faiders deserve Oakland, that being said, if the faid doesn't get a new stadium they will probably move. Since they aren't getting in on the San Fran stadium I seriously doubt Oakland is going to poney up the cash for a new stadium, but who knows?

Gadzooks
06-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Only assholes and dipshits belong in Oakland. That's why the Raiders belong in Oakland.

chiefqueen
06-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Does anybody remember when the NFL sponsored a grade school geography program during the 1990 while Carolina and Atlanta were in the NFC West and Arizona was in the NFC East?