PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kevin Boss, sucking up to KC crowd

Mr. Laz
06-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Kevin Boss: I’m on the right side of the Chiefs-Raiders rivalry
Posted by Josh Alper on June 10, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT

The Chiefs and Raiders have been rivals since before they were in the NFL.

That rivalry has flagged a bit in recent years as each team spent some time kicking around the bottom of the barrel, but their games always carried a little bit of extra juice. Thanks to a player who defected from one side to the other as a free agent this offseason, there might be a little something extra in the air when they renew acquaintances in Week Eight.

Tight end Kevin Boss was on the Raiders last year and signed with the Chiefs to give them more depth at tight end with Tony Moeaki. In an interview with KCSP in Kansas City, via SportsRadioInterviews.com, Boss claimed to know only one thing about the rivalry between the former AFL franchises.

“I was in Oakland for such a short period of time that it wasn’t really something where I really understood the whole Chiefs-Raiders rivalry,” Boss said. “I just know now that I’m on the better side of the rivalry. … It’s been a great transition and it’s really been a blessing in disguise to have been moved on to greener pastures.”

Well, it would seem that Boss could add ways to infuriate the Raiders fan base to the list of things he knows about the rivalry. You really wouldn’t expect Boss to say anything else, although his comments do suggest he legitimately didn’t like his year in Oakland all that much. Assuming Moeaki is healthy, he and Boss should give the Chiefs offense a dimension it was lacking last season.

Whether they do or not, we’re cool with more fanning the flames of the Chiefs-Raiders rivalry. Or any other rivalry, really.

Bowser
06-10-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm sure he's thrilled to be away from that hellhole.

SPATCH
06-10-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't think it's blind homerism to think that non-chief / non-raider fans would view the Chiefs as the "better" side of the rivalry... not statistically or anything, just in a good vs. evil kind of way.

Dylan
06-10-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm sure he's thrilled to be away from that hellhole.

http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-54.gif

mikey23545
06-10-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm ready to have his child.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-10-2012, 12:16 PM
I bet he's glad to be away from New York and those pesky extra long seasons too.

Dylan
06-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I bet he's glad to be away from New York and those pesky extra long seasons too.

we like Mr. Boss - that's our boy ... :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-10-2012, 12:26 PM
we like Mr. Boss - that's our boy ... :D

You guys can have your deep play off runs and Super Bowls. Pfft. We get extra rest and more time to prepare for being crappy the next season.

Dylan
06-10-2012, 12:54 PM
You guys can have your deep play off runs and Super Bowls. Pfft. We get extra rest and more time to prepare for being crappy the next season.

No one in their right mind would have picked the Giants to win it all during the season.

I've read the Chiefs are moving to a zone blocking run game - Your team in my opinion has the BEST running back duo in the NFL (as long as Charles bounces back). A zone blocking run game will help Cassel out immensely.

Besides, the Chiefs have steadily built a deep team.

Dylan
06-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Did they just say JimiJo was caught speeding TWICE on pit road?

Edit: Sorry guys, I posted this response in the wrong thread...

3rd&48ers
06-10-2012, 01:00 PM
2 games he will be hurt... He ain't shit, Moeiki is much better

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-10-2012, 01:01 PM
No one in their right mind would have picked the Giants to win it all during the season.

I've read the Chiefs are moving to a zone blocking run game - Your team in my opinion has the BEST running back duo in the NFL (as long as Charles bounces back). A zone blocking run game will help Cassel out immensely.

Besides, the Chiefs have steadily built a deep team.

Please don't difuse my patheticism with all your knowledge and light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnelosity.

big nasty kcnut
06-10-2012, 01:09 PM
I like positive energy and mr.boss gave it so bring it on.

BossChief
06-10-2012, 01:48 PM
We have been a zone blocking team for 3 years.

Adding Winston and Boss will allow us to run some highly effective no huddle because of the versatility of our players.

In the past, we needed our tight ends to be in to pass block a lot because Barry Richardson wasn't a good blocker...that ended the moment we signed Eric.

Bowe
Baldwin
Albert
Lilja
Hudson
Asamoah
Winston
Boss
Moeaki
Charles
Cassel/Stanzi

That group has fucking ridiculous versatility and all are effective in the run and pass game. We could keep that group on the field for whole drives with no personal changes and really exploit some matchups.

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2012, 01:52 PM
the way I read the Boss statement is that he'd be really, really happy if he was on the Broncos, but he's settling for kc and he's just glad to be out of faiderville.

SNR
06-10-2012, 02:00 PM
the way I read the Boss statement is that he'd be really, really happy if he was on the Broncos, but he's settling for kc and he's just glad to be out of faiderville.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/93/Wizard_troll_doll-low_res.jpg/220px-Wizard_troll_doll-low_res.jpg

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-10-2012, 02:01 PM
He'd be an upgrade for the boys at Pile High at TE

SNR
06-10-2012, 02:01 PM
This article doesn't even mention Routt. If this is all about Raider players who defected to KC this offseason, Routt is the far bigger deal. Even though you didn't get the comment from him, he should still be mentioned.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-10-2012, 02:03 PM
So would Routt at corner

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2012, 02:05 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/93/Wizard_troll_doll-low_res.jpg/220px-Wizard_troll_doll-low_res.jpg

oh c'mon dude. What do you expect from a rival fan? :D

Dylan
06-10-2012, 03:18 PM
We have been a zone blocking team for 3 years.

Adding Winston and Boss will allow us to run some highly effective no huddle because of the versatility of our players.

In the past, we needed our tight ends to be in to pass block a lot because Barry Richardson wasn't a good blocker...that ended the moment we signed Eric.

Bowe
Baldwin
Albert
Lilja
Hudson
Asamoah
Winston
Boss
Moeaki
Charles
Cassel/Stanzi

That group has fucking ridiculous versatility and all are effective in the run and pass game. We could keep that group on the field for whole drives with no personal changes and really exploit some matchups.

Fair point, BossChief. You know your team.

Here is an excerpt from S.I. interview with Eric Winston:

Knowing that a new offense was being installed had me wondering what kind of offense would be coming in. The offensive coordinator, Brian Daboll, has traditionally run more of a “power or gap” blocking scheme and the line coach, Jack Bicknell Jr., who just came over from the Giants, has done the same. Now, I feel like I could be successful in any scheme, but I really have grown to love running the zone scheme and understand it well. So going in I wasn’t expecting to hear that the Chiefs would run a zone-blocking scheme, but that’s exactly what I heard. That was like icing on the cake to what had been an already positive visit.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/03/26/meetings/2.html March 26, 2012

Bwana
06-10-2012, 03:23 PM
oh c'mon dude. What do you expect from a rival fan? :D

To run over to the cooler and fetch us a cold beer? :shrug:

Easy 6
06-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Winston is going to be huge this year, all this group needs is 5-6 games together to really nail it with his kind of outspoken leadership, the bookends are in place & the interior looks better than it has in years.

If Cassel wants a third act *elsewhere* to his career, its now or never.

Okie_Apparition
06-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I thought the Raiders pretty much owned the Broncos

MagicHef
06-10-2012, 04:27 PM

We've pretty much been splitting the series every year recently. The highlights last year were Orton's butterfingers (in a game we probably would have won otherwise) in the first game, and putting 298 rushing yards up in the second game.

3rd&48ers
06-10-2012, 04:46 PM
We've pretty much been splitting the series every year recently. The highlights last year were Orton's butterfingers (in a game we probably would have won otherwise) in the first game, and putting 298 rushing yards up in the second game.

59-14

Phobia
06-10-2012, 08:21 PM
59-14

Was that the score of that Gannon Superbowl where he had more passing TD's to Tampa Bay than all the other QB's combined to their own team?

JASONSAUTO
06-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Fair point, BossChief. You know your team.

Here is an excerpt from S.I. interview with Eric Winston:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/03/26/meetings/2.html March 26, 2012 that article just says that he expected devil , a guy we just hired, to use a power blocking scheme. But he isn't.

Doesn't say a thing about what the chiefs have ran
Posted via Mobile Device

T-post Tom
06-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Here's one little faiders fan that got her panties in a bundle over Boss' comments. Gotta love her moniker: "KC". Bwahahahahahaha....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1216480-oakland-raiders-former-tight-end-kevin-boss-disses-team-5-reasons-hes-wrong

3rd&48ers
06-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Was that the score of that Gannon Superbowl where he had more passing TD's to Tampa Bay than all the other QB's combined to their own team?

What was the score of the SB the Chiefs were in ......... Oh... NevermindROFL

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-11-2012, 06:14 AM
Raiders defense ROFL ROFL ROFL

KC Tattoo
06-11-2012, 06:29 AM
How is that "sucking up to KC crowd"? Just sounds like he is honest to be happy here & not in Hellhole.

Rausch
06-11-2012, 06:57 AM
What was the score of the SB the Chiefs were in .........

Which one?...

3rd&48ers
06-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Which one?...

The one before Gatorade was invented

3rd&48ers
06-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Or the one when the dead sea was just sick

Rausch
06-11-2012, 07:20 AM
The one before Gatorade was invented

SB 1?

I should know the final, but don't. I know GB handed us our asses...

Reerun_KC
06-11-2012, 08:21 AM

Well the Raiders pretty much own the Chiefs at Arrowhead... Hope he enjoys getting his shit pushed in when the Raiders come to town.

Micjones
06-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Hope he can stabilize the position and give us some solid production.
If he can't...all the brown-nosing in the world won't matter.