PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Another moron running a school

HonestChieffan
06-10-2012, 04:51 PM
(NY Post) — A controversial Coney Island principal has pulled the plug on patriotism.

Her refusal to let students sing “God Bless the USA” at their graduation has sparked fireworks at a school filled with proud immigrants.

Greta Hawkins, principal of PS 90, the Edna Cohen School, won’t allow kindergartners to belt out the beloved Lee Greenwood ballad, also known as “Proud to be an American,” at their moving-up ceremony.

Five classes spent months learning the patriotic song, which skyrocketed in popularity after the 9/11 attacks and the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

It was to be the rousing finale of their musical show at the June 20 commencement. The kids, dressed up for their big day, would wave tiny American flags — which, as the lyrics proclaim, “still stand for freedom.”

But Hawkins marched in on a recent rehearsal and ordered a CD playing the anthem to be shut off, staffers said.

She told the teachers to drop the song from the program.

“We don’t want to offend other cultures,” they quoted her as explaining.

The curt edict stunned both staff and parents.

“A lot of people fought to move to America to live freely, so that song should be sung with a whole lot of pride,” said mom Luz Lozada, whose son, Daniel, is in kindergarten.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/school_silences_patriotic_song_xdunXcLPbE8S2rAEcZoUiP#ixzz1xOuUQGLv

Thig Lyfe
06-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Well, to be fair, America is the worst.

stevieray
06-10-2012, 05:08 PM

Well, to be fair, that's because you're a pussy.

Thig Lyfe
06-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Well, to be fair, that's because you're a pussy.

That makes sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevieray
06-10-2012, 05:17 PM
That makes sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome!

shocked it didn't go over your head.

WilliamTheIrish
06-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I see the "Outrage of the Day" made it into somebody's forward: inbox.

And since it's too early to declare the "War On Christmas" we'll have to settle for this.

chiefzilla1501
06-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Sadly, the question I keep coming back to is, is this an overbearing principal? Or is the principal being pressured by overbearing parents?

Thig Lyfe
06-11-2012, 12:06 AM
awesome!

shocked it didn't go over your head.

Yeah, usually your wit is waaaay too sophisticated for me!!!!! But that time I got it!!!!!!!!!!!

tredadda
06-11-2012, 12:22 PM

Where's better? And why don't you live in these better places?

qabbaan
06-11-2012, 12:41 PM
You know, I love America as much as the next guy, but that Lee Greenwood song is so effing gay. I wish I could go the rest of my life and not hear it again.

alpha_omega
06-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Ok....

"God Bless the USA"...i get that one...

but,

"Proud to be an American"....come on.

vailpass
06-11-2012, 01:04 PM

Pot stirring FTW!

Thig Lyfe
06-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Where's better? And why don't you live in these better places?

Burma, Sudan, North Korea, just to name a few. And I don't live in any of those places because I'm a spy trying to destroy America from the inside.

cosmo20002
06-12-2012, 02:28 PM
(NY Post) — A controversial Coney Island principal has pulled the plug on patriotism.

Her refusal to let students sing “God Bless the USA” at their graduation has sparked fireworks at a school filled with proud immigrants.

Maybe the principal just has taste or wants to spare the audience of a few minutes of musical torture. That song is over-the-top cheesy and just freaking awful. It should be banned from any and all public performances.

LOCOChief
06-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Maybe the principal just has taste or wants to spare the audience of a few minutes of musical torture. That song is over-the-top cheesy and just freaking awful. It should be banned from any and all public performances.

It really bothers me that we have people like you and the Lyfe in this country. Maybe it doesn't really bother me but I just don't want too many of your types because it's obvious you lack the balls and character to defend her. jmo

vailpass
06-12-2012, 02:53 PM
It really bothers me that we have people like you and the Lyfe in this country. Maybe it doesn't really bother me but I just don't want too many of your types because it's obvious you lack the balls and character to defend her. jmo

Don't let the food-stamp low-lifes bother you.

Thig Lyfe
06-12-2012, 02:54 PM

By "your types" you mean non-Lee Greenwood fans?

chasedude
06-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Sadly, the question I keep coming back to is, is this an overbearing principal? Or is the principal being pressured by overbearing parents?

My thoughts exactly. Pussification of Amerika continues.

cosmo20002
06-12-2012, 03:54 PM

WTF are you talking about? I don't know what he said to offend you, but all I said is the song sucks. It bothers you to have too many people who don't like trite, pandering, cornball music?

Thig Lyfe
06-12-2012, 03:55 PM
WTF are you talking about? I don't know what he said to offend you, but all I said is the song sucks. I bothers you to have too many people who don't like trite, pandering, cornball music?

EVERYTHING USA #1!

ALL USA SONGS GOOD!

SING USA SONGS TO PRAISE #1 BEST COUNTRY USA!!!

cosmo20002
06-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Some lyrics:

From the lakes of Minnesota To the hills of Tennessee
Across the plains of Texas
From sea to shining sea
From Detroit down to Houston
And New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American's heart
And its time we stand and say...

New York? LA? Everyone knows they hate America more than Al Queda.
Song is FAIL.