PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jersey question...

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2012, 08:08 PM
So I was looking at customized elite Nike jerseys and for some reason on nflshop.com they won't let me do a 16 Len Dawson jersey I'm assuming because of obvious reasons. But kcchiefs.com will let me according to it being in my shopping cart and not getting any denying notifications. Why is that?

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2012, 08:10 PM
And I apologize I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before but yeah.

Okie_Apparition
06-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Dawson preferred his Lemonade Kool-Aid be made with Arrowhead Water
Arrowhead Water 100% Mountain spring water

Chiefs Pantalones
06-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Dawson preferred his Lemonade Kool-Aid be made with Arrowhead Water
Arrowhead Water 100% Mountain spring water

Lol thanks I think...

Otis99
06-12-2012, 10:24 AM
I went through something similar when I tried to order a #49 Richardson a couple years ago when T-Rich was still a Jet. He was always one of my favorite Chiefs, and I wanted a new jersey, figured I'd treat myself to one of those expensive authentic ones with the letters stitched on.

Got the same error you did, and called the 1-800 number for customer service (believe I was on nflshop.com). The agent told me that they have a couple of rules, one of which is relevant to what you went through.

Rule #1 - You can't get the jersey of a former player if that player is under contract by another team. I guess I kind of understand this, but it still pisses me off.

Rule #2 - You can't get the jersey of a former player that retires from the team they played for.

In other words: Now that T-Rich has retired, I could get the Chiefs jersey I wanted. However, if I was a Jets fan and he was my favorite player for them, I could NOT have a #49 Jets jersey made.

The same logic applies to any player that retires as a Chief. You can only buy retired player jerseys on special occasions, when they are put up for sale as their own pre-made item. This is great if you're a fan of a more popular player like Len Dawson, but that #22 Rashaan Shehee jersey you've always wanted isn't going to happen.

These rules are apparently set by the NFLPA as part of their contract with the league. So basically, take it up with them.

dmahurin
06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
So I was looking at customized elite Nike jerseys and for some reason on nflshop.com they won't let me do a 16 Len Dawson jersey I'm assuming because of obvious reasons. But kcchiefs.com will let me according to it being in my shopping cart and not getting any denying notifications. Why is that?

Search http://www.aliexpress.com or a similar Chinese knock off site that sells authentic jerseys on the cheap.

The Poz
06-12-2012, 12:43 PM
I just ordered a bunch for myself and friends from this site.

http://www.nbaatcheap.com/search/chiefs/

gblowfish
06-12-2012, 01:16 PM
I asked for an #89 Otis Taylor. No problem. And if anybody should be in the HOF, it should be Taylor. He put Dawson in the hall.

Guru
06-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Search http://www.aliexpress.com or a similar Chinese knock off site that sells authentic jerseys on the cheap.

I just ordered a bunch for myself and friends from this site.

http://www.nbaatcheap.com/search/chiefs/

How is the quality of these places.

I see neither of them carry Delaney unfortunately.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-12-2012, 03:13 PM
To answer your question, "Jersey Shore" sucks monkey-balls and anyone who watches those scungilli-eating fucklesticks and thier fat, unattractive, skeez-bag girlfriends should in fact be shot.

Hope this helps.

dmahurin
06-12-2012, 05:55 PM
How is the quality of these places.

I see neither of them carry Delaney unfortunately.

I bought a Moustakas jersey from them and it's perfect. Only paid 30 bucks for it. It's just as good as an authentic jersey that would cost a lot more.

Guru
06-12-2012, 07:18 PM
I bought a Moustakas jersey from them and it's perfect. Only paid 30 bucks for it. It's just as good as an authentic jersey that would cost a lot more.

what about after washes. I have heard the chinese jerseys have a tendency to fade badly. Also, which seller did you use?

IratePrimate
06-12-2012, 07:35 PM
what about after washes. I have heard the chinese jerseys have a tendency to fade badly. Also, which seller did you use?

I have 3 jerseys and no fade issues. Of course i don't wash the jersey after every use. Proabably after every third use or if of course when needed. I haven't noticed any fading of the jersey itself but i have noticed after a game my white under shirt had a slight pink to it.

I know the question wasn't directed to me but i wanted to add my two cents. I use yukijersey.com

cosmo20002
06-12-2012, 07:57 PM
I went through something similar when I tried to order a #49 Richardson a couple years ago when T-Rich was still a Jet. He was always one of my favorite Chiefs, and I wanted a new jersey, figured I'd treat myself to one of those expensive authentic ones with the letters stitched on.

Got the same error you did, and called the 1-800 number for customer service (believe I was on nflshop.com). The agent told me that they have a couple of rules, one of which is relevant to what you went through.

Rule #1 - You can't get the jersey of a former player if that player is under contract by another team. I guess I kind of understand this, but it still pisses me off.

Rule #2 - You can't get the jersey of a former player that retires from the team they played for.

In other words: Now that T-Rich has retired, I could get the Chiefs jersey I wanted. However, if I was a Jets fan and he was my favorite player for them, I could NOT have a #49 Jets jersey made.

So a person couldn't get an Okoye jersey, or any player who's last team was the Chiefs? Montana 49ers jersey-yes Montana Chiefs - No?

Wonder if those ridiculous 1-day contracts players sign to retire with a certain team factors in.

On a side note, with those free jerseys the Chiefs are giving to season ticket holders, it says you can get whoever you want--former player, current, whoever.

Otis99
06-12-2012, 09:31 PM
On a side note, with those free jerseys the Chiefs are giving to season ticket holders, it says you can get whoever you want--former player, current, whoever.

Perhaps they changed the rules on that under the new NFLPA agreement last year. I thought it was unbelievably obtuse of them to prevent you from getting the jersey of a player that retired from your own team after they retired. I argued with the guy and his supervisor on the phone for a good ten minutes and while they were sympathetic to my predicament, there was nothing they could do - at the time.

dmahurin
06-12-2012, 09:39 PM

I got it off aliexpress.com but I don't remember the sellers name. I haven't had any issues with fading or anything. The stitching is still good. I've worn it for almost every game this year and it still looks great.

Guru
06-12-2012, 09:43 PM
I have 3 jerseys and no fade issues. Of course i don't wash the jersey after every use. Proabably after every third use or if of course when needed. I haven't noticed any fading of the jersey itself but i have noticed after a game my white under shirt had a slight pink to it.

I know the question wasn't directed to me but i wanted to add my two cents. I use yukijersey.com

Just checked them out. Shocked that they do custom jerseys at no additional cost unlike the other links that were twice the price for custom. May just give them a shot.

dmahurin
06-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Just checked them out. Shocked that they do custom jerseys at no additional cost unlike the other links that were twice the price for custom. May just give them a shot.

Best part of buying the Chinese knock offs is if you happen to stain it or tear it or any number of mishaps your only out 30 bucks versus 100+ for the authentic ones.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-12-2012, 10:11 PM
I called kcchiefs.com and they said they can't print a Dawson jersey because he hasn't given them permission to do so and according to them he stopped giving permission years ago, but he did at one time. Having said that, the only jersey Dawson has given the Chiefs permission to print is the throwbacks but they aren't authentic. Like this past year was a premeire reebok one which does look kinda authentic. Every year he agrees to let the company (last and previous years reebok, this year Nike) do a throwback jersey but they haven't heard anything yet about this year because nike took over and all. He said you could try and customize an authentic Dawson jersey and there's a really slim chance it might slip through and they print it. But usually what happens is if one slips through the ordering process they catch it usually and call you in like a week or so and tell you they can't do it.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-13-2012, 01:14 AM
Anyone know where I can get a real autographed certified legit Len Dawson jersey online?

Phobia
06-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Anyone know where I can get a real autographed certified legit Len Dawson jersey online?

Only one place I know of.... heh. Certified costs more though. Authentication can't be that hard. Dawson's sig is incredibly consistent.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Only one place I know of.... heh. Certified costs more though. Authentication can't be that hard. Dawson's sig is incredibly consistent.

Lol yes you do. I saw one on kcchiefs.com for $200 something, comes with COA, etc. thinking of doing that... :)

ChiefsCountry
06-13-2012, 10:13 AM

Athlon Sports
www.athlonsports.com

That is where I got mine.

Phobia
06-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Lol yes you do. I saw one on kcchiefs.com for $200 something, comes with COA, etc. thinking of doing that... :)
No kidding? I wonder how many of those they'll send out. I like one-of-a-kind items but you gotta pay - like I did.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Athlon Sports
www.athlonsports.com

That is where I got mine.

Sweet thanks man!

Chiefs Pantalones
06-13-2012, 12:52 PM
No kidding? I wonder how many of those they'll send out. I like one-of-a-kind items but you gotta pay - like I did.
Lol IMO everything signed and COA'd item by him is a one of a kind item. They're all going to get worth more and more as the years go on. The only signed item by any HOFer that would be considered "one of a kind," IMO, is if it were signed by the player in person, face to face, musk to musk. Other than that, all of these items you see on the internet or auctions are from paid by company private signing appearances by the player. They are all worth quite a bit no matter what Mr. Phobalicious. :)