PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will "Bowe Show" Show?

Ace Gunner
06-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Romeo Crennel not worried about absent Dwayne Bowe

Dwayne Bowe remains M.I.A. to this point at Kansas City Chiefs' organized team activities, and his time away from the team could turn into an extended absence, according to the Kansas City Star.

Coach Romeo Crennel, however, said he's not concerned about when Bowe, who's upset over his contract situation, will return.

"We're going to win with whoever we have," Crennel said. "If he's with us, we'd like that to happen. If he's not, then we're going to work with the guys we've got here."

Bowe is reportedly unhappy the team placed the franchise tag on him this offseason and has no plans to sign it. He is believed to be seeking a long-term deal.

Bowe would make $9.5 million in 2012 if he signed his franchise tender.

Already thin at the position, the Chiefs were also missing last year's first-round pick Jonathan Baldwin during Friday's practice session because of a migraine. The team previously said that Dexter McCluster, their jack-of-all-trades weapon, will be used at wideout this season.

Bowe put together a breakout season in 2010, when he hauled in 15 touchdowns. He followed that up by catching 81 passes for 1,159 yards and five TDs this past season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82988460/article/romeo-crennel-not-worried-about-absent-dwayne-bowe

Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe has no plans to sign franchise tag

Kansas City Chiefs wideout Dwayne Bowe has no plans to sign his franchise tag soon, a source with knowledge of the situation said Thursday, contrary to an Internet report.

Bowe, like other franchise players who have yet to sign their tags, is hoping to get a long-term deal, but nothing is imminent. The NFL's deadline for franchised players to agree to a long-term contract is July 15.

Bowe would make $9.5 million in 2012 if he signed his franchise tender.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8289dba0/article/chiefs-wr-dwayne-bowe-has-no-plans-to-sign-franchise-tag

BoneKrusher
06-11-2012, 08:41 AM
if Mark Castle was your QB, would you?

OnTheWarpath58
06-11-2012, 08:44 AM
It's June. It's a business.

If he's still sitting out come mid-August, I'll start to worry.

Ace Gunner
06-11-2012, 08:45 AM
"not worried" translation; go to hell, Dwayne.

Ace Gunner
06-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I was talking to a friend that does radio in LA last night. He said the two sides were $10 million apart and it's all guaranteed money. That is a huge gap.

Ace Gunner
06-11-2012, 08:51 AM

Here's the problem with this notion bone, Bowe never asked for a trade.

InChiefsHell
06-11-2012, 08:53 AM
I imagine this is common...it's always like this when guys want a long term deal. This will get done, and Bowe will be a Chief. Gives the other guys a chance for a look in training camp.

Ace Gunner
06-11-2012, 08:56 AM
I imagine this is common...it's always like this when guys want a long term deal. This will get done, and Bowe will be a Chief. Gives the other guys a chance for a look in training camp.

True, to some extent. Is their any other "franchised" holdout in the NFL though?

OnTheWarpath58
06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
True, to some extent. Is their any other "franchised" holdout in the NFL though?

:spock:

Some guy named Drew Brees.

Another guy named Matt Forte.

Ray Rice.

I think Cliff Avril of Detroit was tagged and held out of OTA's.

ChiefsandO'sfan
06-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Albert Breer Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer With tons of minicamps this week and next, important distinction to make: Unsigned, franchised players staying away aren't subject to fines.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer... So Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Cliff Avril, Dwayne Bowe and Dashon Goldson won't lose a dime by sitting out. Just like Brees didn't last week.

InChiefsHell
06-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Loads. This shit happens every season. We'll sign him, but this is the stupid dance they do. Hopefully by training camp.

BossChief
06-11-2012, 09:37 AM

There are 10 franchise guy that havent signed.

Bowe told them the only tag he would sign would be the exclusive one towards the end of last year. That shows how inflated his ego is.

He was pissed when he got the non exclusive tag.

BossChief
06-11-2012, 09:41 AM
It's June. It's a business.

If he's still sitting out come mid-August, I'll start to worry.

They only have a hair over a month to get something done.

KC Tattoo
06-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Meanwhile Jonathan Baldwin & other WRs are getting extra reps with his absence in practice. D Bowe can come in late and still be effective when he hits the field, the younger players can use all the reps they can get.

pr_capone
06-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Fuck it, trade Brees for Bowe + Kasl.

Who is with me?!?!?!?

Fish
06-11-2012, 09:58 AM
I was talking to a friend that does radio in LA last night. He said the two sides were $10 million apart and it's all guaranteed money. That is a huge gap.

Well I'm sure your friend is probably the best source of information on this. Being directly involved and all...

BossChief
06-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Well I'm sure your friend is probably the best source of information on this. Being directly involved and all...

NOBODY but 5 or so people know ANYTHING about the state of negotiations with Bowe after CJs deal got announced and none of them are gonna say a word.

All I can get my friend to tell me is that the talks are back on and that he is optimistic something will get done. Shits on complete lockdown.

Ace Gunner
06-11-2012, 10:20 AM
There are 10 franchise guy that havent signed.

Bowe told them the only tag he would sign would be the exclusive one towards the end of last year. That shows how inflated his ego is.

He was pissed when he got the non exclusive tag.

Interesting. After the dust settles, do you think Bowe will remain with the Chiefs throughout a new contract?

ChiefsCountry
06-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Awesome this douchebag now gets its own thread to tell us how Bowe sucks.

mr. tegu
06-11-2012, 10:24 AM

This notion has never really made since to me. If you are Bowe would you rather be the "go-to" guy as well as "safety net" and the QB's only real targert every single passing play? Or would you rather a QB that will throw to every receiver equally which would often times include 4 or 5 options? I would think the former is at least equally attractive, if not maybe even better.

vailpass
06-11-2012, 10:43 AM
SOP for a star that wants to secure a deal. Next play could be his last, he has leverage and is using it. Happens all the time.

OnTheWarpath58
06-11-2012, 10:47 AM
SOP for a star that wants to secure a deal. Next play could be his last, he has leverage and is using it. Happens all the time.

Yep.

Reerun_KC
06-11-2012, 10:48 AM

Take it one step further...

With Crennel as your coach, would you? Knowing you have no shot at winning anything with a QB and HC that sucks the ballsack, wouldnt be anything I was excited about either...

KC Tattoo
06-11-2012, 10:53 AM
The deal will get done. BFD he misses offseason work outs. I think it's great the younger WRs are getting the extra work in in his absence.

BoneKrusher
06-11-2012, 11:05 AM
This notion has never really made since to me.

from a stats standpoint, Captain Checkdown and his 5 yard passes or someone like Drew Bree?.

Okie_Apparition
06-11-2012, 11:33 AM
If you can sell your franchise to Hootie
I'm selling mine to Joey

Von Dumbass
06-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Meanwhile Jonathan Baldwin & other WRs are getting extra reps with his absence in practice. D Bowe can come in late and still be effective when he hits the field, the younger players can use all the reps they can get.

Players who miss the majority of camp normally have an off year. Bowe will probably tweak a hammy early in the season and then nurse it for as long as possible.

mr. tegu
06-11-2012, 11:54 AM
from a stats standpoint, Captain Checkdown and his 5 yard passes or someone like Drew Bree?.

Aside from the fact that Bowe would be much less valuable to a team like the Saints than he would be on the Chiefs, here are some numbers comparing Bowe to the Saints receivers last season. You will notice Bowe is right up there in all those stats with the Saints receivers. His TDs are a little down, but considering he had Palko for a significant time that is no surprise. Given what Bowe had as his QB he still put up comparable numbers BECAUSE he is always the first, middle, and last option. And we complain about checkdowns, but notice Bowe's Yds/Rec is basically the same as even the top downfield guys on the Saints. I just don't think his poor QB play is something that would affect any decision given that with Cassel he KNOWS every pass play is basically his play to recieve the ball. That is not the case with a guy like Brees at QB. So from a stats standpoint I am not sure he would see much difference, and maybe even less production with a guy like Brees. These numbers also just go to show how good Bowe is.

These are the Saints Receivers:
_____________________Rec Yards Yds/R Long TD
Jimmy Graham__________99, 1,310, 13.2, 59, 11
Darren Sproles__________86, 710, 8.3, 39, 7
Marques Colston________80, 1,143, 14.3, 50, 8
Lance Moore___________52, 627, 12.1, 47, 8
Pierre Thomas__________50, 425, 8.5, 57, 1
Robert Meachem________40, 620, 15.5, 67, 6
Devery Henderson_______32, 503, 15.7, 79, 2

Here is Bowe:__________81, 1,159, 14.3, 52, 5
Steve Breaston_________61, 785, 12.9, 43, 2
Dexter McCluster________46, 328, 7.1, 49, 1

Molitoth
06-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I just think Bowe doesn't want to attend the OTA's and Camps.

He will sign on the last day and get paid his 9 million.

petegz28
06-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Considering some of the passes this guy has dropped has literally cost us games I'd say $9.5 mil is fine.

BoneKrusher
06-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Aside from the fact that Bowe would be much less valuable to a team like the Saints than he would be on the Chiefs, here are some numbers comparing Bowe to the Saints receivers last season. You will notice Bowe is right up there in all those stats with the Saints receivers. His TDs are a little down, but considering he had Palko for a significant time that is no surprise. Given what Bowe had as his QB he still put up comparable numbers BECAUSE he is always the first, middle, and last option. And we complain about checkdowns, but notice Bowe's Yds/Rec is basically the same as even the top downfield guys on the Saints. I just don't think his poor QB play is something that would affect any decision given that with Cassel he KNOWS every pass play is basically his play to recieve the ball. That is not the case with a guy like Brees at QB. So from a stats standpoint I am not sure he would see much difference, and maybe even less production with a guy like Brees. These numbers also just go to show how good Bowe is.

These are the Saints Receivers:
_____________________Rec Yards Yds/R Long TD
Jimmy Graham__________99, 1,310, 13.2, 59, 11
Darren Sproles__________86, 710, 8.3, 39, 7
Marques Colston________80, 1,143, 14.3, 50, 8
Lance Moore___________52, 627, 12.1, 47, 8
Pierre Thomas__________50, 425, 8.5, 57, 1
Robert Meachem________40, 620, 15.5, 67, 6
Devery Henderson_______32, 503, 15.7, 79, 2

Here is Bowe:__________81, 1,159, 14.3, 52, 5
Steve Breaston_________61, 785, 12.9, 43, 2
Dexter McCluster________46, 328, 7.1, 49, 1

the WR's in NO sure seem like they put up better numbers than those stats show.

maybe its just because they have a real QB that can spread the ball around.

mr. tegu
06-11-2012, 12:44 PM
the WR's in NO sure seem like they put up better numbers than those stats show.

maybe its just because they have a real QB that can spread the ball around.

Yeah that is probably the case. They throw the ball so much but like you said Brees spreads it around as good as anybody there is. Just to take it a little further Bowe caught 27% of our completed passes and Jimmy Graham caught 21% of completed passes and the top WR (Colston) only caught 17% of the completed passes.

Ace Gunner
06-11-2012, 12:44 PM

With Crennel as your coach, would you? Knowing you have no shot at winning anything with a QB and HC that sucks the ballsack, wouldnt be anything I was excited about either...

Let's take it even further -- with a 1st time HC and former WR coach that "never knew wtf he was doing and constantly picked on his players, particularly his wideouts" and with Bowe in his final contract season, plus a "tightwad GM" and his penchant for trading players "in their prime", plus a tardo QB that "constantly makes his WR's LOOK BAD" why then would Dwayne Bowe NOT ask for a trade before the 2011 season even started?

KC Tattoo
06-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Players who miss the majority of camp normally have an off year. Bowe will probably tweak a hammy early in the season and then nurse it for as long as possible.

Your just saying that cuz your a dildo donky fan. D Bowe will be fine this year as a Chief in camp on time.

BigMeatballDave
06-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Considering some of the passes this guy has dropped has literally cost us games I'd say $9.5 mil is fine.

:rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
06-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Does nobody pay attention?

Bowe: I'll be at training camp
CBSSports.com Fantasy — Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe told Arrowhead Pride that while he's holding out from the team's offseason workouts, he plans to report to training camp on-time in late July. Bowe was designated as the Chiefs' franchise player this offseason, guaranteeing him a one-year deal at $9.5 million, but he'd like a long-term contract. However, it sounds like he'll sign the offer before camp kicks off. "I'll be there," Bowe said. "I'm staying in shape until it's time to sign on the dotted line."

May 23, 2012

-King-
06-11-2012, 02:16 PM

Name them.

vailpass
06-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Does nobody pay attention?

Bowe: I'll be at training camp
CBSSports.com Fantasy ó Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe told Arrowhead Pride that while he's holding out from the team's offseason workouts, he plans to report to training camp on-time in late July. Bowe was designated as the Chiefs' franchise player this offseason, guaranteeing him a one-year deal at $9.5 million, but he'd like a long-term contract. However, it sounds like he'll sign the offer before camp kicks off. "I'll be there," Bowe said. "I'm staying in shape until it's time to sign on the dotted line."

May 23, 2012

May 23.

BigChiefFan
06-11-2012, 02:22 PM
May 23.

Oh noes a couple of weeks ago, he said this, not an hour ago. Everybody panic. :rolleyes:

The date is irrelevant, it's the CONTENT that is important. He said he'd be here in JULY. It's not July, so you can stop stirring the shit.

vailpass
06-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Oh noes a couple of weeks ago, he said this, not an hour ago. Everybody panic. :rolleyes:

The date is irrelevant, it's the CONTENT that is important. He said he'd be here in JULY. It's not July, so you can stop stirring the shit.

I"m not stirring shit. I don't thin this is any big deal, it's a star player using his leverage in a contract year.
I just didn't know if you had noticed that you were using a quote from a couple weeks ago to counteract more recent articles.

BigChiefFan
06-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I"m not stirring shit. I don't thin this is any big deal, it's a star player using his leverage in a contract year.
I just didn't know if you had noticed that you were using a quote from a couple weeks ago to counteract more recent articles.

Good enough. I just prefer to take Bowe at his word over conjecture and speculation. He said he would be here in time for training camp and I believe him.

Molitoth
06-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Not many veterans really want to attend OTA's and mini camps.
This is their way out of that.

Bowe as well as the other veterans around the league that are doing the same thing will sign the day they have to and will be at training camp.

Reerun_KC
06-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Let's take it even further -- with a 1st time HC and former WR coach that "never knew wtf he was doing and constantly picked on his players, particularly his wideouts" and with Bowe in his final contract season, plus a "tightwad GM" and his penchant for trading players "in their prime", plus a tardo QB that "constantly makes his WR's LOOK BAD" why then would Dwayne Bowe NOT ask for a trade before the 2011 season even started?

Then add the current and future failures of this Coaching staff... I would want to get the fuck out of dodge and fast...

vailpass
06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Not many veterans really want to attend OTA's and mini camps.
This is their way out of that.

Bowe as well as the other veterans around the league that are doing the same thing will sign the day they have to and will be at training camp.

Yep. He doesn't need OTA like the younger guys. What's he gonna' do, sit out and forgo $9 million this year?

BigChiefFan
06-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Yep. He doesn't need OTA like the younger guys. What's he gonna' do, sit out and forgo $9 million this year?

Exactly. $9 million or nothing. It's a no-brainer, that he'll sign.

mlyonsd
06-11-2012, 02:53 PM
He really should be at OTA's if for nothing else get used to Cassel throwing balls to him again. I doubt a personal trainer could emulate Cassel very well.

TEX
06-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Always something. Won't sign the tender for $9.5M - That just shows ya what's wrong with today's athletes. :shake: Dick Butkus, or any old school player, needs to slap his ass.

InChiefsHell
06-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Always something. Won't sign the tender for $9.5M - That just shows ya what's wrong with today's athletes. :shake: Dick Butkus, or any old school player, needs to slap his ass.

Um, I bet Butkus would be the first one to tell him to take care of his future first.

Ace Gunner
06-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Then add the current and future failures of this Coaching staff... I would want to get the **** out of dodge and fast...

That would make sense to me also. I'd have given the team my request starting the day they drafted Jon Baldwin, y'know? I mean, there are just a shit stack of reasons Bowe could have used at that particular moment last pre season, yet he did not do it.

why didn't he just skip all this?

He even watched Tony G, faced with similar issues, just skip on out of KC, so he had that mentoring going, too.

Ace Gunner
06-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Um, I bet Butkus would be the first one to tell him to take care of his future first.

after he cleaned his clock :D

BossChief
06-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Then add the current and future failures of this Coaching staff... I would want to get the fuck out of dodge and fast...ROFL

Future failings?

Really?
That would make sense to me also. I'd have given the team my request starting the day they drafted Jon Baldwin, y'know? I mean, there are just a shit stack of reasons Bowe could have used at that particular moment last pre season, yet he did not do it.

why didn't he just skip all this?

He even watched Tony G, faced with similar issues, just skip on out of KC, so
he had that mentoring going, too.

STFU with this dumb shit.

Please.

Give me a list of good players Pioli/NE let go or traded that were Bowes age.

Here, I'll get you started...

Asante Samuel
Brandon Carr

TEX
06-11-2012, 04:16 PM

Yeah - after he slapped him!- Give me $9.5M for ONE year and my future is SET!

scott free
06-11-2012, 04:17 PM

There is some truth in this post, unfortunately.

When he eventually comes in, we can only hope that he's mentally & physically ready... this IS the year for KC to break out, and we need every swinging richard at full tilt.

-King-
06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah - after he slapped him!- Give me $9.5M for ONE year and my future is SET!

Your job doesn't involve repeatedly getting hit by 250lb giants running 15+ mph.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
06-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Exactly. $9 million or nothing. It's a no-brainer, that he'll sign.

I have posted this in about 5 threads where people were acting out how bad it would be if we don't have Bowe this season.

Bowe is playing this season, he isn't giving up $9MM as well as eating a bunch of fines. He is just going to miss some camp.

Its not even debatable.

On a secondary note, WTF did anyone even respond to this dumbasses thread? Don't feed the morons and trolls.

SNR
06-11-2012, 05:52 PM
What new developments to the holdout saga are present in the more recent articles? What did Bowe say recently that contradicts his comments from May 23?

OnTheWarpath58
06-11-2012, 06:04 PM
I have posted this in about 5 threads where people were acting out how bad it would be if we don't have Bowe this season.

Bowe is playing this season, he isn't giving up $9MM as well as eating a bunch of fines. He is just going to miss some camp.

Its not even debatable.

On a secondary note, WTF did anyone even respond to this dumbasses thread? Don't feed the morons and trolls.

Not that it matters, but I thought I read somewhere that under the new CBA, those who are tag holdouts cannot be subject to fines.

Regardless, we have a fuckton of money, as usual. Pay the man and be done with this bullshit.

Marcellus
06-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Not that it matters, but I thought I read somewhere that under the new CBA, those who are tag holdouts cannot be subject to fines.

Regardless, we have a ****ton of money, as usual. Pay the man and be done with this bullshit.

They need to pay him for sure but I think he has a better chance of getting paid if he is on the field.

BossChief
06-11-2012, 07:54 PM

Regardless, we have a fuckton of money, as usual. Pay the man and be done with this bullshit.

Nobody knows how close the two sides are.

You can't "just sign him".

It's not that easy.

milkman
06-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Regardless, we have a ****ton of money, as usual. Pay the man and be done with this bullshit.

Players who have been tagged couldn't have been fined even in the previous CBAs.

Reerun_KC
06-11-2012, 09:07 PM
ROFL

Future failings?

Really?

Yeah really. This team isn't going anywhere with Cassel or crennel and his cronies.
Deal with it.

beach tribe
06-11-2012, 10:54 PM

Led the league in TD receptions.

beach tribe
06-11-2012, 10:56 PM

Yeah, don't negotiate. That would be stupid.

beach tribe
06-11-2012, 10:57 PM

Its not even debatable.

Exactly. If Bowe doesn't play this season I'LL leave for a year.

beach tribe
06-11-2012, 11:00 PM
There is some truth in this post, unfortunately.

When he eventually comes in, we can only hope that he's mentally & physically ready... this IS the year for KC to break out, and we need every swinging richard at full tilt.

Bowe comes off as the kind of guy that's not going to want Baldwin stealing his thunder. He'll be on the field come training camp.

BoneKrusher
06-12-2012, 05:38 AM
Led the league in TD receptions.

yep and just imagine what his numbers might be with a real QB.:(

LOCOChief
06-12-2012, 08:30 AM

What I hear is Crennel is a great coach.

What I know is you suck the ballsack.

BossChief
06-12-2012, 08:45 AM
There are only two things that will make Romeo a "good head coach"

1) Cassel playing like a franchise qb
2) benching him when he shows he isn't.

LOCOChief
06-12-2012, 08:59 AM

sounds bout right.

Ace Gunner
06-12-2012, 10:44 AM

agreed, and with a #1 WR that dropped so many "big game" easy TD's, the same is going to be applied. Evidenced in this article's statement he made about Bowe;

"We're going to win with whoever we have," Crennel said. "If he's with us, we'd like that to happen. If he's not, then we're going to work with the guys we've got here."

That is nowhere near a ringing endorsement of Dwayne Bowe.

Just the opposite. RC just put the hammer down on Bowe's dumbassery and this is at the center of Pioli's contract negotiations.

I don't make excuses for players I like. Romeo isn't making excuses for them either.

BigMeatballDave
06-12-2012, 11:34 AM
agreed, and with a #1 WR that dropped so many "big game

Just the opposite. RC just put the hammer down on Bowe's dumbassery and this is at the center of Pioli's contract negotiations.

I don't make excuses for players I like. Romeo isn't making excuses for them either.Kill yourself

Ace Gunner
06-12-2012, 11:44 AM
dynamite :D

Messier
06-12-2012, 11:44 AM
agreed, and with a #1 WR that dropped so many "big game" easy TD's, the same is going to be applied. Evidenced in this article's statement he made about Bowe;

I don't make excuses for players I like. Romeo isn't making excuses for them either.

I think he would say this regardless of who he was talking about.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 11:47 AM
I think he would say this regardless of who he was talking about.

Of course he would, so would any other NFL HC.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah really. This team isn't going anywhere with Cassel or crennel and his cronies.
Deal with it.

ROFL My, how things have changed...

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Are we in love with Bowe because he's a great receiver, or because he's the best one we have?

Detoxing
06-12-2012, 02:50 PM

Dude....:facepalm:

BoneKrusher
06-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Are we in love with Bowe because he's a great receiver, or because he's the best one we have?

a little of Both probably.

i'd like to see him have a great QB that can get him the ball accurately.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-12-2012, 03:03 PM
a little of Both probably.

i'd like to see him have a great QB that can get him the ball accurately.

Agreed.

God, even a QB that could just read the field.

BoneKrusher
06-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Agreed.

God, even a QB that could just read the field.

Agreed. (rep 4 u)

Ace Gunner
06-12-2012, 04:31 PM

No to Dwayne Bowe being a "great receiver", yes to Bowe being "the best" they have.

For now. But I believe #89 is going to expose the fraudulent Bowe Show to his fans.

I have been watching the 2008 Patriots season. You others should have a look. What I noticed that was very different than with Bowe & co is that those wideouts got off the ball quicker and got out their breaks clean and fast. It is night and day and it effected Matt Cassel's play quite a bit. Cassel played much better for the Patriots because he was forced to play much faster. As a result, his accuracy was much better with Welker & Moss during crossing routes and medium cross routes, deep routes & Cassel was more accurate throwing to BJG & Faulk in the flat, swings and screens.

Ace Gunner
06-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Dude....:facepalm:

hey -- did someone start a Poe thread? woohooo that is good :D

Fish
06-12-2012, 04:44 PM
No to Dwayne Bowe being a "great receiver", yes to Bowe being "the best" they have.

For now. But I believe #89 is going to expose the fraudulent Bowe Show to his fans.

I have been watching the 2008 Patriots season. You others should have a look. What I noticed that was very different than with Bowe & co is that those wideouts got off the ball quicker and got out their breaks clean and fast. It is night and day and it effected Matt Cassel's play quite a bit. Cassel played much better for the Patriots because he was forced to play much faster. As a result, his accuracy was much better with Welker & Moss during crossing routes and medium cross routes, deep routes & Cassel was more accurate throwing to BJG & Faulk in the flat, swings and screens.

ROFL

Cassel was better because he played "faster"? WTF are you talking about?

HE LEAD THE ENTIRE LEAGUE IN SACKS! JFC.. seriously, you're saying he played faster because he had fast WRs?

Jesus dumbass giant facepalm spectacular....

Ace Gunner
06-12-2012, 04:53 PM
ROFL

Cassel was better because he played "faster"? WTF are you talking about?

HE LEAD THE ENTIRE LEAGUE IN SACKS! JFC.. seriously, you're saying he played faster because he had fast WRs?

Jesus dumbass giant facepalm spectacular....

which reminds me -- for all you CP experts -- Dwayne Bowe's "breakout game" wasn't that Denver drubbing you idiots, it was the Seattle game. He played lights out during that game. Best of his career. Fucking stop the plagiarising you bloated foolish lil girls.

BigMeatballDave
06-12-2012, 05:05 PM

I have been watching the 2008 Patriots season. You others should have a look. What I noticed that was very different than with Bowe & co is that those wideouts got off the ball quicker and got out their breaks clean and fast. It is night and day and it effected Matt Cassel's play quite a bit. Cassel played much better for the Patriots because he was forced to play much faster. As a result, his accuracy was much better with Welker & Moss during crossing routes and medium cross routes, deep routes & Cassel was more accurate throwing to BJG & Faulk in the flat, swings and screens. Good Lord, you're fucking dumb.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-12-2012, 05:09 PM
FWIW, Jaws is counting down his top 30 QBs in the NFL daily. Tebow was 30 yesterday, Gabbert was 29 today. I wonder where our beloved Cassel will end up being ranked... :)

Btw Gabbert looked awful in Jaws' film breakdown of him. He made Cassel look like he had poise in the pocket. Dude was falling to the ground at the sight of defenders. Embarrassing. After seeing these I'd have to agree that Gabbert and Tebow were the worst QBs last year. The trouble is Gabbert looked a lot like Cassel but Cassel has been in the league longer.

ChiefsCountry
06-12-2012, 05:36 PM

What a fucking idiot.

Okie_Apparition
06-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Top 30 :shrug:

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-12-2012, 05:49 PM

He's a damn good reciever. Damn good.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Get him a pen and a pitcher of Rock a dile Red.

JASONSAUTO
06-12-2012, 06:34 PM

He is a great receiver.

And how the fuck you been?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner
06-12-2012, 06:46 PM
FWIW, Jaws is counting down his top 30 QBs in the NFL daily. Tebow was 30 yesterday, Gabbert was 29 today. I wonder where our beloved Cassel will end up being ranked... :)

Btw Gabbert looked awful in Jaws' film breakdown of him. He made Cassel look like he had poise in the pocket. Dude was falling to the ground at the sight of defenders. Embarrassing. After seeing these I'd have to agree that Gabbert and Tebow were the worst QBs last year. The trouble is Gabbert looked a lot like Cassel but Cassel has been in the league longer.

ya, I agree with this. Cassel never shy'd away from contact though. But, Cassel was awful last season. Just awful. But then, so was Dwayne Bowe.

I expect something is going to give. Bowe will be traded, the Chiefs will rally around whomever has the hot hand -- JC, Baldwin, Breaston, Cassel.

BossChief
06-12-2012, 06:52 PM

It's posts like this one right here that used to bring the best out of guys like Hamas, Skip and Dane.

You n00bs are extremely lucky those guys aren't around right now.

Ace Gunner
06-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Aren't you a n00b too. Just sayin' n00b :D

(I saw what they did to you)

BossChief
06-12-2012, 07:07 PM
What does "I saw what they did to you" mean, exactly?

I clearly meant 'the group of n00bs you are in' is lucky. I earned the respect of those I mentioned...they would have made your life hell on here.

BigMeatballDave
06-12-2012, 07:36 PM
ya, I agree with this. Cassel never shy'd away from contact though. But, Cassel was awful last season. Just awful. But then, so was Dwayne Bowe.

I expect something is going to give. Bowe will be traded, the Chiefs will rally around whomever has the hot hand -- JC, Baldwin, Breaston, Cassel.

Stop trolling.

aturnis
06-12-2012, 07:46 PM

God you are an idiot...

Shogun
06-12-2012, 07:47 PM
cassel with the hot hand, ive read everything now.

Pawnmower
06-12-2012, 08:12 PM
fucking come on and pay the guy.

fools

get it the fuck done

JASONSAUTO
06-12-2012, 08:19 PM

I have been watching the 2008 Patriots season. You others should have a look. What I noticed that was very different than with Bowe & co is that those wideouts got off the ball quicker and got out their breaks clean and fast. It is night and day and it effected Matt Cassel's play quite a bit. Cassel played much better for the Patriots because he was forced to play much faster. As a result, his accuracy was much better with Welker & Moss during crossing routes and medium cross routes, deep routes & Cassel was more accurate throwing to BJG & Faulk in the flat, swings and screens. go fuck your mother.
Posted via Mobile Device

scott free
06-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Theres something odd about CFF, beyond his stubborn hatred for Bowe.

Cant put my finger on it, but somethings off... maybe its the huge amount of casino cash he's acquired in such a short membership? i dunno, but its certainly epic trollery.

BossChief
06-12-2012, 10:14 PM
go fuck your mother.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shit done hit the fan.

InChiefsHell
06-13-2012, 05:56 AM

He's the best we've had in a long time, we drafted him, he comes up big every season. Yes, he has the dropsies, and it seems he always will. But he's worth the risk and the money and they should pay him.

There isn't a team in the league who would not want Dwayne Bowe. Some more than others, but I'd bet many teams would be happy to have him.

milkman
06-13-2012, 12:06 PM

Matt Cassel didn't play "faster" you stupid mother****er.

Josh McDaniels adjusted the offense to more shotgun snaps because of Cassel's limitations as a drop back QB.

Todd Haley was adamant about attempting to transform Cassel into a QB that dropped back from under center, and Cassel is just too damn slow in his drops.

Chiefnj2
06-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Josh McDaniels adjusted the offense to more shotgun snaps because of Cassel's limitations as a drop back QB.

Do you have stats that show that?

Rausch
06-13-2012, 12:19 PM

Von Dumbass
06-13-2012, 12:35 PM
1-yr, $9.5m not enough for Dwayne Bowe (average season: 71 rec, 985 yds, 7 TDs). Pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/212951212323127296

Chiefnj2
06-13-2012, 12:35 PM

I haven't seen readily available shotgun snap stats. He made a claim that the offense was tweaked to put Cassel in the gun more often, so I'm must wondering what the numbers were and how they compare to now.

milkman
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM

I don't have a link, but a couple of seasons back, when having an argument about this, someone did post the numbers.

I'm not going to look for it, because if you don't believe me, I don't care.

Rausch
06-13-2012, 12:39 PM
I haven't seen readily available shotgun snap stats. He made a claim that the offense was tweaked to put Cassel in the gun more often, so I'm must wondering what the numbers were and how they compare to now.

11-5.

Who was it again that said a QB was measured by wins?...

BigMeatballDave
06-13-2012, 12:46 PM
https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/212951212323127296

Run along now, your daddy wants to teabag you.

Chiefnj2
06-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Todd Haley was adamant about attempting to transform Cassel into a QB that dropped back from under center, and Cassel is just too damn slow in his drops.

nationalfootballpost following the 2010 weis season:

*Donít be surprised if the Chiefs donít play much shotgun in 2011. The reason is Matt Cassel has been a much more effective passer under center. Last year, he threw all but one of his interceptions from the shotgun formation even though he threw 48 percent of his passes after taking the snap under center. According to STATS, he had a 104.6 passer rating when he was under center, and an 82.3 passer rating in the gun.

milkman
06-13-2012, 01:34 PM
nationalfootballpost following the 2010 weis season:

*Donít be surprised if the Chiefs donít play much shotgun in 2011. The reason is Matt Cassel has been a much more effective passer under center. Last year, he threw all but one of his interceptions from the shotgun formation even though he threw 48 percent of his passes after taking the snap under center. According to STATS, he had a 104.6 passer rating when he was under center, and an 82.3 passer rating in the gun.

In New England, the running game was mediocre, at best, so defenses keyed on the passing game.

In KC, with Charles and an effective Jones early in the season, defenses keyed on the run.

The fact still remains, Cassel is slow on his drops, and his effectiveness is limited.

The fact that the running game masked that to some extent doesn't change that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2012, 10:31 AM
He is a great receiver.

And how the fuck you been?
Posted via Mobile Device

He could be great(er). He needs a legit QB.

And I am well, thanks.

It's posts like this one right here that used to bring the best out of guys like Hamas, Skip and Dane.

You n00bs are extremely lucky those guys aren't around right now.

So Hamas quit too, eh? This is a sad state of affairs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2012, 10:32 AM
The fact is, Cassel could constipate Ex-Lax. He reads a field the way Simple Jack reads a script.