PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security House committee schedules contempt vote against Holder

petegz28
06-11-2012, 11:01 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57450110-503544/house-committee-schedules-contempt-vote-against-holder/?tag=cbsnewsMainColumnArea

The_Grand_Illusion
06-11-2012, 01:09 PM
This liberal culture has become so corrupt. The media and this culture nitpicked so many scandals during the Bush administration like Valerie Plame, Scooter Libby, Halliburton, just thinking of a few off the top of my head. They even manufactured a scandal with the Bush National Guard documents and jumped on any transgression, true or not.

Now we have a real scandal brewing and much of this culture is silent. Even Watergate, as bad as it was, never led to people dying. If this had happened under a Republican administration, it would be news all day long, lead story. I just listened to AP at the top of the hour and not one mention of this. We are truly living in interesting times, where up is down and wrong is right. The hypocrisy of this corrupt culture is astounding to observe.

Munson
06-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Throw his ass in jail! The guy is a disgrace and an embarrassment.

Amnorix
06-11-2012, 02:13 PM
This liberal culture has become so corrupt. The media and this culture nitpicked so many scandals during the Bush administration like Valerie Plame, Scooter Libby, Halliburton, just thinking of a few off the top of my head. They even manufactured a scandal with the Bush National Guard documents and jumped on any transgression, true or not.

Now we have a real scandal brewing and much of this culture is silent. Even Watergate, as bad as it was, never led to people dying. If this had happened under a Republican administration, it would be news all day long, lead story. I just listened to AP at the top of the hour and not one mention of this. We are truly living in interesting times, where up is down and wrong is right. The hypocrisy of this corrupt culture is astounding to observe.

CBS broke the freaking story for chrissakes, and yet you blame liberal media for not covering it.

I love how you refer to blowing the coer of CIA agents and Halliburton issues and Scooter Libby serving time in jail for a felony as "nitpicking".

Christ your rose-colored glasses are completely blinding you to how both sides do this stuff.

stevieray
06-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Christ your rose-colored glasses are completely blinding you to how both sides do this stuff.

ROFL

just stop with the childlike mentality...both sides do it is not an excuse.

Amnorix
06-11-2012, 02:21 PM
ROFL

just stop with the childlike mentality...both sides do it is not an excuse.

errr...I was answering a specific post, not taking a stand on whether Holder is/isn't or should/shouldn't be held in contempt.

Why don't you read and learn for a change instead of wearing your blinders and charging full steam ahead.

vailpass
06-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Can they grill him on the intentional White House security leaks regarding the bin laden mission and other sensitive intel while they have him in the room? Get a 2-for-1 special for our Committee dollars?

qabbaan
06-11-2012, 02:24 PM
CBS broke the freaking story for chrissakes, and yet you blame liberal media for not covering it.

I love how you refer to blowing the coer of CIA agents and Halliburton issues and Scooter Libby serving time in jail for a felony as "nitpicking".

I think that there are two things at work here.

I think the brass at these media outlets are liberals, and sometimes go out of their way to avoid things that make their side look bad. There is sometimes overt bias in reporting, such as CBS and their fabricated bush memos, but the much more prevalent bias is what is covered and what the balance of coverage on certain topics is. Newsweek's well known attempt to bury the Lewinsky story they knew was fact was one example.

But there is also a competing motivation, to break the story. Of course every reporter wants to make a name for himself by breaking a big story if there's one to be found. The outlets need to dig for Pulitzer investigations. That stuff can be monetized.

I think if a story is bad for a liberal but not seen as especially big news they are inclined to just avoid it. If its a lunker they will cash in, but if some other outlet already broke it or if it isn't going to sell then they look for something else to sensationalize.

But I don't think we can say they have devoted the same coverage to F&F as they did Abu Ghraib, and I think these stories are similar in profile. They spent a lot of ink on innuendo related Plame and Libby and etc.

I think they look out for their own when they can, but they look out for Number 1 first.

stevieray
06-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Why don't you read and learn for a change instead of wearing your blinders and charging full steam ahead.

say again, kettle?

The_Grand_Illusion
06-11-2012, 02:26 PM

Yes, and I may start watching CBS if they start reporting the news instead of trying to shape people's opinions like so much of the media has done in this corrupt culture the last 40 to 50 years. I was listening to the radio and AP had absolutely no mention of this. If a Republican had been in office it would be the lead news everywhere and you know it. People died in this scandal and it's much worse than even Watergate but go ahead and downplay it, or call it racist, or a political election year ploy like others have started spinning it. It's typical of you libs.

La literatura
06-11-2012, 10:26 PM
If this had happened under a Republican administration, it would be news all day long, lead story.

Interesting news: this program began under a Republican administration.

The_Grand_Illusion
06-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Interesting news: this program began under a Republican administration.

Nice, taking one sentence out of context to try to prove a point. Very deceptive of you Jensen. .

No one will argue when this program was started. Itís about the corruption that started with this program under this current administration and how silent this corrupt liberal culture is about it. You just trying to argue just to argue, whether you know what you are talking about or not? I see you do this a lot on this board.