PDA

View Full Version : Life Father's Day Ideas

lewdog
06-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Never know what to get my dad. Great guy but he never wants or needs anything. He fucking loves getting my hand-me-down shirts! ROFL He is near 60...thoughts?

And please feel free to share with other as I am sure other people have some head-scratching people to shop for.

Psyko Tek
06-11-2012, 09:52 PM
2 years ago I got a blow job from 2 girls, sorta liked that

Phobia
06-11-2012, 09:54 PM
You want us to randomly throw out wild ass guesses or are you going to tell us something about him - like, what are his hobbies?

Easy 6
06-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Ice Cold Aqua-Velva

Rudy lost the toss
06-11-2012, 10:08 PM
2 years ago I got a blow job from 2 girls, sorta liked that

Your daughters sound freaky

lewdog
06-11-2012, 10:17 PM
You want us to randomly throw out wild ass guesses or are you going to tell us something about him - like, what are his hobbies?

Fuck yeah!

He likes music, kayaking, snow shoeing, some bbq, basic car maintenance stuff, Chiefs/Royals/K-State. He doesn't really do technology stuff.

Chiefshrink
06-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Get him the NFL ticket for $199.00:thumb:

Phobia
06-12-2012, 12:01 AM
Buy him a wireless probe thermometer for BBQ. /thread

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Well my dad died 5 years ago so no more worthless shit for him. RIP dadman. I'm taking my daughter to an Alice Cooper concert because we're both huge fans. I anticipate the best Fathers Day of my life.

Rain Man
**** yeah!

He likes music, kayaking, snow shoeing, some bbq, basic car maintenance stuff, Chiefs/Royals/K-State. He doesn't really do technology stuff.

Sounds like he would like a kayak griller. Or maybe a wrench that plays music.

Count Alex's Wins
Get your mom drunk.

Jewish Rabbi
06-12-2012, 12:23 AM
I'd get him something related to music, kayaking, snow shoeing, some bbq, basic car maintenance stuff, or Chiefs/Royals/K-State. However, you may want to stay away from technology stuff.

Rain Man
06-12-2012, 12:24 AM
For Father's Day, I'm going to make my dad a crudely designed ash tray made out of playdough. He doesn't smoke, but he seemed to like the previous one I gave him when I was 8.

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 12:36 AM
For Father's Day, I'm going to make my dad a crudely designed ash tray made out of playdough. He doesn't smoke, but he seemed to like the previous one I gave him when I was 8.

ROFL

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm buying Gonzo a new tool box, (yes, he knows about it). I don't know what to get my dad yet. He just bought a new gas grill so maybe grill accessories that he can burn up. Heh.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-12-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm buying Gonzo a new tool box, (yes, he knows about it). I don't know what to get my dad yet. He just bought a new gas grill so maybe grill accessories that he can burn up. Heh.

Stereotypical much?

:)

If thats what they want then more power to both of you.

I have an extra tic to see Alice Cooper though....

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Stereotypical much?

:)

If thats what they want then more power to both of you.

I have an extra tic to see Alice Cooper though....

Eh, well, my dad is very difficult to shop for, but he's not picky and would rather just get a phone call from his daughter. Gonzo's gift actually has meaning, (too personal to discuss on here).

Edit: Btw, it's not just a cheap, little tool box... I'm talking about a tool chest on casters that costs over $1000.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-12-2012, 01:17 AM
Eh, well, my dad is very difficult to shop for, but he's not picky and would rather just get a phone call from his daughter. Gonzo's gift actually has meaning, (too personal to discuss on here).

Edit: Btw, it's not just a cheap, little tool box... I'm talking about a tool chest on casters that costs over $1000.

You do know I was just giving you crap.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-12-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm not a normal dad and kiddo and I aren't a normal dad/daughter relationship. We're as much buddys that hang out and jam to cool tunes and talk about our love lives as we are the typical dad/kid. That's what works for us. Didn't mean a judgement on anyone else.

Von Dumbass
06-12-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm looking for some high thread count PJ's or some really comfortable slippers. Really don't know what brands are good. :/

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Take him to a titty bar

DaKCMan AP
06-12-2012, 06:09 AM
I'm flying my dad to Tampa for the Chiefs/Bucs game in October.

blaise
06-12-2012, 06:20 AM
When my wife asks me what I want for father's day I say a new pair of shoes and take me out for a burger.

Bwana
06-12-2012, 06:25 AM

See now, that's not a bad idea. If he doesn't have one of those, he will love it. I use the heck out of mine.

If he already has one, get him a Scheels gift card, so he can pick out what he wants.

InChiefsHell
06-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Well my dad died 5 years ago so no more worthless shit for him. RIP dadman. I'm taking my daughter to an Alice Cooper concert because we're both huge fans. I anticipate the best Fathers Day of my life.
Where's the Coop playing!?

Hog Farmer
06-12-2012, 06:49 AM
I'm looking for some high thread count PJ's or some really comfortable slippers. Really don't know what brands are good. :/

It figures your dad is ghey. Why don't you just get him flowers.

bevischief
06-12-2012, 07:13 AM
See now, that's not a bad idea. If he doesn't have one of those, he will love it. I use the heck out of mine.

If he already has one, get him a Scheels gift card, so he can pick out what he wants.

They haven't made to the KC area yet.

Bwana
06-12-2012, 07:35 AM
They haven't made to the KC area yet.

Yeah, but there is one in Great Falls, which is close to where his Dad lives.

Dragonocho
06-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Nice bottle of whiskey or high quality beer, then spend time drinking it with him. He'll like the 2d part better.

Deberg_1990
06-12-2012, 08:04 AM

This isnt about what YOU want : )

mlyonsd
06-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Great remote thermometer that measures both internal meat temperature and smoker/grill temp.

http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Industries-ET-73-RediChek-Thermometer/dp/B0000DIU49

Probably a little late to order though.

Infidel Goat
06-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Sounds like he would like a kayak griller.

Yeah.

I gave my old man one of those last year. He really liked it because if he'd get a little cold out on the water, he'd just light the grill to warm things up. Things got a little rough on the water one day, though, and the flames caught the upper part of the kayak on fire. Luckily, he was able to get out and swim to shore with only minor burns. Just goes to prove you can't have your kayak and heat it too...

Rain Man
06-12-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm flying my dad to Tampa for the Chiefs/Bucs game in October.

Y'know, if you could get a second ticket and go with him, that might be even better. It seems like you're nearby anyway.

Rain Man
06-12-2012, 10:03 AM
I decided on my gift. I'm going to hire a guy who likes cars and fishing to go have a conversation with my dad and take him out to lunch. I think it'll make the day special for him.

DaKCMan AP
06-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Y'know, if you could get a second ticket and go with him, that might be even better. It seems like you're nearby anyway.

What a great idea!

Fire Me Boy!
06-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah.

I gave my old man one of those last year. He really liked it because if he'd get a little cold out on the water, he'd just light the grill to warm things up. Things got a little rough on the water one day, though, and the flames caught the upper part of the kayak on fire. Luckily, he was able to get out and swim to shore with only minor burns. Just goes to prove you can't have your kayak and heat it too...

http://mlkshk.com/r/G2Q

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-12-2012, 10:22 AM
A discounted Cassel jersey may hit the spot or you could get him snake and sparklers.

Lzen
06-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Get him whatever feels good. But I think you just spending the day with him will be the best part. My dad died 3 years ago and I miss him. Can't help but think about the opportunities I missed.

Graystoke
06-12-2012, 10:49 AM
I always get my Dad three new Mad Magazines and a six pack of Cottonelle.
He loves it.

luv
06-12-2012, 11:33 AM
My dad recently got a couple of different power saws from some bidding site for really cheap. He got them, but they didn't come with batteries (and they're wireless). I'm going to Grizzly to look for some. Also, he needs a new umbrella for his patio table.

Predarat
06-12-2012, 11:33 AM
My dad always wants Home Depot/Lowes gift cards. He is constantly working on home improvement projects.

lewdog
06-12-2012, 08:29 PM
I am thinking about a fish finder? He could use it in the Kayak but was wondering how useful they are for shore fishing too?

Bwana
06-12-2012, 09:18 PM
I am thinking about a fish finder? He could use it in the Kayak but was wondering how useful they are for shore fishing too?

Not so much.

Iowanian
06-12-2012, 09:20 PM
I made a stencil if our last name with a bad ass big catfish over the top, my brother took it to a guy with a computerized plasma cutter, and then we'll bolt a pine log frame together around it...and he can put it in the yard or at his cabin.

I think it's a good idea.

lewdog
06-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Not so much.

I was reading that some are but wasn't sure about it.

Bwana
06-12-2012, 09:36 PM
I was reading that some are but wasn't sure about it.

Really, that would be news to me, but I don't own one, so you may be right?

Easy 6
06-12-2012, 09:41 PM
I decided on my gift. I'm going to hire a guy who likes cars and fishing to go have a conversation with my dad and take him out to lunch. I think it'll make the day special for him.

LMAO how thoughtful of you.

Your card to him should read - Dear Dad, i really hope you enjoy this years gift... the son you WISH you'd had.

lewdog
06-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Really, that would be news to me, but I don't own one, so you may be right?

I have never owned one either but thought it was odd when some said they were good for shore fishing. Seemed news to me but I have never looked at fish finders.