PDA

View Full Version : Life burt is back!

burt
06-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Now some of you may know about my matrimony problems in the past. After 17 years of marriage, giving up my career, and moving half way across the country, for HER Health, she has decided that her sweetheart just before me is her soulmate. They have been having a bit of a tawdry facebook afair and she can't seem to live without him.
So I am beginning a new chapter. I am rebuilding my life from absolutely nothing. From the basement of my brother.
I am pennyless, homeless and indigent. All because I loved my wife.
Flame away!

Johnny Vegas
06-12-2012, 12:29 AM
welcome back burt! go to vegas and spend your rent on lap dances. now is the time to make all those bad decisions you missed out on!

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-12-2012, 12:30 AM
I have an ex-wife. **** women... and I don't mean literally. This is the first day of the rest of your life burt. Do what makes you happy.

BryanBusby
06-12-2012, 12:30 AM
bitches are bitches

Count Zarth
06-12-2012, 12:31 AM
How much of your stuff did she get?

burt
06-12-2012, 12:34 AM

Not much. Just everything except my cloths and 98 Mazda w 211,000 miles.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-12-2012, 12:34 AM

That is the gayest username I've ever seen.

burt
06-12-2012, 12:35 AM
welcome back burt! go to vegas and spend your rent on lap dances. now is the time to make all those bad decisions you missed out on!

that would entail having rent money.

burt
06-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Alternate thread title...."There is no such thing as soul mates. Decades-long turtle relationship ends."

Phobia
06-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Sucks the life out of ya, doesn't it? Woman does you like that and there's a whole lot of anger fueling you. Use it to start over.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Seriously burt this is your time. Whatever pain and anguish you're going through just try to let it go. Do the things you've always wanted to do. Be who you want to be. Poor and living in a basement is irrelevant. I've been there too... literally. It's no longer about anyone but you so make it happen the way you want .

Count Zarth
06-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Not much. Just everything except my cloths and 98 Mazda w 211,000 miles.

WTF man.

I hate our court system. Bitch decides to leave you for another man (that she was evidently cheating on YOU with), and she gets to take all your crap?

Bull fucking shit.

System needs an enema.

burt
06-12-2012, 12:45 AM
I actually came back Memorial Weekend. Started my new job the first. Kind of wierd. One sec I am sad, next pissed, then exstatic, then thinking about keeping up my sales pace....then sad, next pissed, then....you get the picture.
Sad thing is she is already polluting my childrens minds against me.

burt
06-12-2012, 12:49 AM
WTF man.

I hate our court system. Bitch decides to leave you for another man (that she was evidently cheating on YOU with), and she gets to take all your crap?

Bull fucking shit.

System needs an enema.

Clay, we have to wait for me to be a KS resident for 60 days before I can file. I left with needed items. left all else....for her and the kids. We have been financially struggling for several months, so I didn't leave much.

But she was kind enough to let me know that they consumated their blissfull romance this weekend.

Count Zarth
06-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Ah, well, not so bad I guess....but still shitty. Especially for your kids.

Fuck her.

burt
06-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Fuck her.

Not for any reason whatsoever!!!! Thats what started all this,.....ROFL

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Clay really cares about your plight burt. Until tomorrow when he goes back into troll mode or just goes back to being his usual asshole self.

Count Zarth
06-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Clay really cares about your plight burt. Until tomorrow when he goes back into troll mode or just goes back to being his usual asshole self.

I'm a he-man woman hater, bro.

I'm here for burt in this situation.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-12-2012, 01:13 AM

Yeah right.

Phobia
06-12-2012, 01:16 AM

You're all class, Clay. You can't wait to step on his face.

burt
06-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Yeah right.

I am at rock bottom. If Clay decides to flame me....there is no way he could bring me down. It would probably make me laugh! On the pther hand....I gots no where to go but up. The future never looked brighter!

Count Zarth
06-12-2012, 01:21 AM
You're all class, Clay. You can't wait to step on his face.

Nope. Don't know why beer me had to start shit.

burt
06-12-2012, 01:24 AM
I suppose I can post in the weight loss thread that I lost 130 pounds now!

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Not for any reason whatsoever!!!! Thats what started all this,.....ROFL

Then fuck her sister and all of her (female) friends

You'll feel better dude

Phobia
06-12-2012, 01:33 AM
You mind if I have a go at it, Burt?

BryanBusby
06-12-2012, 01:35 AM
I'd say **** her mom, but the last time I suggested that the response was awkward.

So **** her dad.

ChiefsNow
06-12-2012, 03:41 AM
The best thing you can do is wish her well. Nothing good comes out of spite, doing things out of spite, being spitefull. Relationships are hard to come by. Most people , including me don't have long term meaningful relationships. Honestly wish her well and you willl get more out of it. If her dreamworld fantacy comes true, you didn't hold her back. But how many times do dreamworld fantacies come true? Not very often.

ChiefsNow
06-12-2012, 03:43 AM
If you are a dick, you had it coming. If you are not,,,,,, you will benifit from wishing her well. And kids are smarter than you give them credit for. If she if feeding them crap against you, and you are not doing the same, YOU will benifit.

Fritz88
06-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Do something that keeps your mind from thinking about that chapter of your life.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsNow
06-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Do something that keeps your mind from thinking about that chapter of your life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Masterbating is not the complete answer.

DaKCMan AP
06-12-2012, 05:16 AM
The best thing you can do is wish her well. Nothing good comes out of spite, doing things out of spite, being spitefull. Relationships are hard to come by.

:thumb:

DaKCMan AP
06-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Once a cheat, always a cheat. This time move one without looking back.

BoneKrusher
06-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Welcome back burt and remember you still have all of us here at the Planet.

Bwana
06-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Things will get better Burt and at least you will be rid of the old hide, causing you all the pain. Best of luck and hang in there.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-12-2012, 05:40 AM
You know why divorces cost so much money?

BECAUSE THEY'RE WORTH IT!

cookster50
06-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, like 2 women at the same time!

listopencil
06-12-2012, 06:13 AM
If you are a dick, you had it coming. If you are not,,,,,, you will benifit from wishing her well. And kids are smarter than you give them credit for. If she if feeding them crap against you, and you are not doing the same, YOU will benifit.

Yeah, this. Hang in there Burt.

Baconeater
06-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Sorry to hear about all this. I hope you at least got to keep the giant watch.

threebag02
06-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Welcome back Burt.

bevischief
06-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Welcome back burt and remember you still have all of us here at the Planet.

This.

Gonzo
06-12-2012, 06:23 AM
Facebook is the debble.

Deberg_1990
06-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Sorry to hear about this Burt. I hope everything will work out better for you in the end.

heh, i wonder how many marraiges Facebook has helped to destroy in its existence? This happened to an aunt and uncle of mine. They had been married 20+ years, then he met an old High School flame on FB and one thing led to another.....then divorce.

Truth be told, there are usually a few other contributing factors to a marriage decline. Facebook is just a tool thats made it easier to cheat when things go south.

Zeke
06-12-2012, 06:38 AM
There's men that can be hired.

Two pieces of pipe,

a bicycle chain.

Dave Lane
06-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Now some of you may know about my matrimony problems in the past. After 17 years of marriage, giving up my career, and moving half way across the country, for HER Health, she has decided that her sweetheart just before me is her soulmate. They have been having a bit of a tawdry facebook afair and she can't seem to live without him.
So I am beginning a new chapter. I am rebuilding my life from absolutely nothing. From the basement of my brother.
Flame away!

Be happy dude. This is the best day of your last 17 years. Seriously. After a little pain you can meet as many women as you can handle In todays world they are literally a dime a dozen.

BoneKrusher
06-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Facebook is the debble.

you can say that again.

Rausch
06-12-2012, 07:00 AM
I am at rock bottom. If Clay decides to flame me....there is no way he could bring me down. It would probably make me laugh! On the pther hand....I gots no where to go but up. The future never looked brighter!

The one positive is after going through something like this you'll feel like you can overcome anything.

Get drunk. Watch Fight Club. Buy something for yourself she didn't want you to have...

BigRedChief
06-12-2012, 07:22 AM
I was in Sarasota yesterday at Siesta Key. Saw a couple making out on the beach. Know I know who it was. :D

Mr. Plow
06-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Sad thing is she is already polluting my childrens minds against me.

Nothing you can do about it. Your kids know who you are. Treat them the way you've always treated them - they'll see the truth.

And sorry to hear about this BS. Like Phil said, use your anger to fuel your recovery.

Hog Farmer
06-12-2012, 07:27 AM

No. But it pays good. :spock:

BigRedChief
06-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Be happy dude. This is the best day of your last 17 years. Seriously. After a little pain you can meet as many women as you can handle In todays world they are literally a dime a dozen.
This! Hang in there. Nothing lasts forever no matter how it feels today.

mlyonsd
06-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Hang in there man. It will get better. Go one day at a time.

Nzoner
06-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Best of luck man and hang in there if you want to grab a beer or 6 sometime in the near future give me a shout.

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Burt,

Good luck.

Mile High Mania
06-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Good luck, dude. Regarding the kids, the last thing you need to do is get caught up in the game of slinging dirt. Just be honest with them, be there for them and show them that you love them. Don't speak badly about their mom in front of them, that never plays out well in the end.

Limit the bullsh you share online as that can be used against you.

Clear your head and use this opportunity to start over. It sucks and it's painful, but in the end, you'll be a better man and father.

ChiefsHawk
06-12-2012, 07:43 AM
damn i thought this was a Burt Reynolds thread

burt
06-12-2012, 07:48 AM
You mind if I have a go at it, Burt?

Pink would NEVER look better to you!

burt
06-12-2012, 07:49 AM

Man.....are you living with me?

ChiTown
06-12-2012, 07:51 AM
I just completed 19 years of marriage with my wife last week. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Good luck and let us know if we can somehow help.

burt
06-12-2012, 07:54 AM
I was in Sarasota yesterday at Siesta Key. Saw a couple making out on the beach. Know I know who it was. :D

ROFLROFL

Nzoner
06-12-2012, 07:55 AM
I just completed 19 years of marriage with my wife last week. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Good luck and let us know if we can somehow help.

You made it sound like an obstacle course :D

ChiTown
06-12-2012, 07:55 AM
You made it sound like an obstacle course :D

IT's not?:D

Nzoner
06-12-2012, 07:56 AM
IT's not?:D

Heh,my 26 years has been a triathalon

Graystoke
06-12-2012, 08:19 AM
I wish you luck Burt. My first Marriage ended after 15 years and Three kids. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't see it comming. It happened on July 4th, and that day forever has been known as Independence Day to me for a totally different reason.
As someone else stated stay positive, don't be bitter. The best way to get even is to live well, and be happy.
Its funny how something like this can totally change all perspective. I used to be a hot-head emotional piece of work. Now not much can get under my skin.

Best of luck and have fun building. You will be suprised how much fun you can have.
Gray

gblowfish
06-12-2012, 08:19 AM

At least it's sex with someone you love....

LiveSteam
06-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Married bitches & facebook = affairs.
I cant keep up with all the affairs I know about on facebook ,let alone the one I was involved with 2 years ago. I still hang my head in shame over it.

LVNHACK
06-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Congrats,

I walked away after 18 yrs of marriage....Stay strong, keep your head on straight and move forward you'll end up being better for it....

stonedstooge
06-12-2012, 08:28 AM
You can gaze out the window
Get mad and get madder
Throw your hands in the air
Say what does it matter
But it don't do no good
To get angry
So help me I know.
For a heart stained in anger
Grows weak and grows bitter
You become your own prisoner
As you watch yourself sit there
Wrapped up in a trap
Of your very own
Chain of Sorrow-JP

Canofbier
06-12-2012, 08:41 AM
I wish you luck Burt. My first Marriage ended after 15 years and Three kids. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't see it comming. It happened on July 4th, and that day forever has been known as Independence Day to me for a totally different reason.
As someone else stated stay positive, don't be bitter. The best way to get even is to live well, and be happy.
Its funny how something like this can totally change all perspective. I used to be a hot-head emotional piece of work. Now not much can get under my skin.

Best of luck and have fun building. You will be suprised how much fun you can have.
Gray

This seems like good advice, here. I'm too young to understand this kind of thing on a personal level, but I can imagine that it must be rough. Keep your head high!

Setsuna
06-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Human beings have the capacity for terrible things. Surprised this world is still stable. Chug on, man.

Brock
06-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Cheaters gonna cheat.

Buehler445
06-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Keep your head up bud. Go rock the fuck out of life and make life better for you an your kids.

HemiEd
06-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Hang in there Burt, very sorry to hear one of the good guys getting screwed over. There are some real snakes out there, and it sounds like you are rid of one.

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 09:27 AM

I'm sorry, could you please remind us where you live again? I've forgotten.

Valiant
06-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Hopefully you have a lawyer.

You gave up your career and moved across the country for her to divorce you?

Alimony. Did you move out or she kick you out?

Get a good lawyer.

MahiMike
06-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Sorry to hear that dude. But maybe it's for the better. You're still young enough to enjoy a lot more life.

Frankie
06-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Flame away!

Some people just don't deserve one's love. Move on. Let the unstable bitch be someone else's problem. Your suffering is temporary and life has hidden rewards. I know. The same exact thing happened to me with my ex-Fiance. It almost devastated me then, but it opened the way for the life I have now with a true love. I would not exchange my wife for that whore for a million dollars now. Wait and work for your reward. And good luck.

alpha_omega
06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
two pieces of good news, she is gone...and...you are back.

the bad news is...Cassel is still our QB.

durtyrute
06-12-2012, 10:57 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! 17 YEARS?!!!

That is the type of shit that scares the piss out of me when I think about our marriage. How do you quit after 17 years? You might as well stick it out at that point. Do people start over after 17 years?

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Damn, Burt. I'm truly sorry to hear about this. :(

Temptations are everywhere, (especially on the net). This is exactly why Gonzo and I have elected to no longer be a part of the whole social networking BS that is destroying marriages.

Consider yourself lucky though that she was honest w/ you. I know that's tough to swallow, but many affairs can go on secretly for years. Now is the time for you to stay strong for you and your kids.

Best wishes to you, friend!

Rain Man
06-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Dang. Sorry to hear, burt.

The good news is that you are now free to pursue any of the unmarried women on this site.

HemiEd
06-12-2012, 12:24 PM
I had no idea the FB and other sites were contributing to the infidelity many have mentioned.

I can kind of see it though, as many of us would like to dial back the years, and do some things differently, or at least experience what we may have often wondered about.

That is no justification for what she did, of course.

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Facebook isn't destroying marriages or contributing to infidelity.

Graystoke
06-12-2012, 12:35 PM

The good news is that you are now free to pursue any of the unmarried women on this site.

There are unmarried women on this site?
Who knew?

HemiEd
06-12-2012, 12:36 PM

Semantics. Yeah, I know, it is the people, but there are a lot of posts in this thread blaming FB for being the tool or vehicle to that end.

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM

Thank you for being specific! LMAO

Hi. Welcome to 2012. Generally speaking, no, not ALL marriages are destroyed by FB or other networking sites. Unfortunately though, it CAN happen, (as it did in Burt's case).

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Semantics. Yeah, I know, it is the people, but there are a lot of posts in this thread blaming FB for being the tool or vehicle to that end.

If it wasn't Facebook, it would be something else.

boogblaster
06-12-2012, 12:48 PM
12 gauge-pump .. full facel blast .. city dump .. rat food .....

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi. Welcome to 2012. Generally speaking, no, not ALL marriages are destroyed by FB or other networking sites. Unfortunately though, it CAN happen, (as it did in Burt's case).

You can't BLAME Facebook, though. Just because someone doesn't belong to a social networking site doesn't reduce the likelihood that they may cheat. That's ridiculous.

Setsuna
06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
To even try to blame the 100% personal choice to cheat on someone on anything else like a damn networking site is just bullshit at its peak. This is why this country has gone to the pits. No one takes responsibility for shit anymore, it's pathetic.

Deberg_1990
06-12-2012, 12:51 PM
I can kind of see it though, as many of us would like to dial back the years, and do some things differently, or at least experience what we may have often wondered about.

Yea, that’s basically what I was trying to say before. Social Networking sites have made it all too easy to "reconnect with your past". Its not supposed to be this way. The past should remain the past for a reason IMO.

Rain Man
06-12-2012, 12:55 PM
There are unmarried women on this site?
Who knew?

I probably shouldn't share this, but did you know there's a code? Anyone whose name has an "o" as the fourth letter is an unmarried female. My wife told me it's that way on every message board. It's something that the women did so they don't get pestered.

Setsuna
06-12-2012, 01:14 PM
luv is married then....:shrug:

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 01:43 PM
You can't BLAME Facebook, though. Just because someone doesn't belong on a social networking site doesn't reduce the likelihood that they may cheat. That's ridiculous.

Let me ask you this... would Burt's wife had the opportunity to reconnect w/ this other guy had she NOT been on FB? I don't know the full story, but I find it highly unlikely.

Btw, take a moment and skim some marriage advice sites and read about how many homes have been wrecked because someone met or reconnected w/ someone on FB, MySpace, etc. It's depressing.

DaKCMan AP
06-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Let me ask you this... would Burt's wife had the opportunity to reconnect w/ this other guy had she NOT been on FB? I don't know the full story, but I find it highly unlikely.

If not reconnecting with this other guy she would have found someone else local. If you're going to cheat you're going to cheat. FB is just a medium.

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 01:48 PM
If not reconnecting with this other guy she would have found someone else local. If you're going to cheat you're going to cheat. FB is just a medium.

This is true, as well. Affairs can happen at the workplace, on business trips, etc.

Brock
06-12-2012, 01:50 PM
She already cheated with some other dude long before this. She's just a skank, end of story.

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 01:52 PM
She already cheated with some other dude long before this. She's just a skank, end of story.

I did not know this bit of information. :hmmm:

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 01:53 PM

Btw, take a moment and skim some marriage advice sites and read about how many homes have been wrecked because someone met or reconnected w/ someone on FB, MySpace, etc. It's depressing.

I don't know his situation, but phone books still exist, you know? And if it wasn't this guy, it would have been another guy.

I agree that people do "reconnect" on facebook and myspace, which may in turn cause marital problems. However, they are not the reason the person cheated. They didn't cause the problem. If there was no social networking at all, people would (and did) find other ways to cheat.

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 01:54 PM
I did not know this bit of information. :hmmm:

Doesn't change anything, really. Brock put it eloquently: Cheaters gonna cheat.

Phobia
06-12-2012, 01:54 PM

For a moment I blamed pagers for my ex-wife's infidelity in the early 90's. I'll bet people blamed the Pony Express a century ago. It's not the delivery method. It's the flawed individual who steps out.

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 01:55 PM
For a moment I blamed pagers for my ex-wife's infidelity in the early 90's. I'll bet people blamed the Pony Express a century ago. It's not the delivery method. It's the flawed individual who steps out.

I bet alcohol has been a constant variable throughout time, though.

DeezNutz
06-12-2012, 01:58 PM

Yep, the disease has been accurately diagnosed, and it's almost always terminal. While some skanks can temporarily be medicated with a ring, this medicine isn't a miracle; it can't plug a hole.

Welcome back, burt. Good to see you.

Phobia
06-12-2012, 02:01 PM
I bet alcohol has been a constant variable throughout time, though.

Probably. That's why people learn lessons. I almost learned a horrible lesson many years ago like that. I no longer put myself in those situations both with regard to drinking irresponsibly and being with female(s) other than my wife while imbibing. I guess you could say I learned the lesson without actually committing the deed.

Fish
06-12-2012, 02:04 PM

It's not really any different than meeting someone in a coffee shop. If your relationship is shitty, and you're not a faithful person, then you're going to find temptation just about anywhere you look. If your relationship is so unstable that you have to avoid areas of possible temptation just to remain faithful, then you've got some deep troubling issues to begin with.

Iowanian
06-12-2012, 02:06 PM
She got the gooold mine...Burt got the shaft....

the good news is, Burt has the hard drive with the photos of this bitchasaurus' cervix.......throw em to the world.

The other good news is once you rip off the band aid, you're free to live the life you want. No better time for you to get on your feet, make the plunge and go live somewhere you want, and do what you want for a while.

Good Luck Burt.

Phobia
06-12-2012, 02:06 PM
If your relationship is so unstable that you have to avoid areas of possible temptation just to remain faithful, then you've got some deep troubling issues to begin with.
There's some truth to that but it's a good idea to avoid temptation anyway. Some married dudes can probably go to a strip club without getting into trouble but it's a good idea to avoid it both for appearances and to avoid temptation.

Fish
06-12-2012, 02:09 PM
IMO, if you can't avoid temptation while being in a relationship, you don't really value that relationship very much. I don't really see any gray area there. Maybe it's just me...

Iowanian
06-12-2012, 02:13 PM
It's not facebook to blame for cheating....It's the vagina that falls down on a peepee that doesn't belong to it and the lack of fear of reprisal from modern society, because so few do anything about it.

I'll admit it, I've searched for old flames on fb and google, just to see what they look like 10-20 years later. I'd never do anything beyond that, because I'm not a scumbag.

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Cheaters are going to cheat. I agree w/ that completely. I never said that I didn't. But why do they cheat? It's because they are given the opportunity and they decide to act on it.

Hell, I could have the opportunity to cheat w/ someone on here. But do I? Absolutely not. Why? Because I'm deeply in love w/ my husband.

It was our choice to stay off of the networking sites primarily due to security reasons, not because "our relationship is unstable". If our relationship was unstable, we wouldn't be married.

Iowanian
06-12-2012, 02:23 PM
They cheat because they are unloyal filthy pirate hookers.

They're so much of a filthy pirate hooker that Victoria Secret should make a line of intimate attire with an eye patch over the browneye of the thong.

HemiEd
06-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Yea, thatís basically what I was trying to say before. Social Networking sites have made it all too easy to "reconnect with your past". Its not supposed to be this way. The past should remain the past for a reason IMO.

I have been searching for that youtube, I believe it was George Carlin, on why you haven't seen all of these classmates in so many years. You don't want to!

burt
06-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Cheaters are going to cheat. I agree w/ that completely. I never said that I didn't. But why do they cheat? It's because they are given the opportunity and they decide to act on it.

Hell, I could have the opportunity to cheat w/ someone on here. But do I? Absolutely not. Why? Because I'm deeply in love w/ my husband.

It was our choice to stay off of the networking sites primarily due to security reasons, not because "our relationship is unstable". If our relationship was unstable, we wouldn't be married.

Shit....there goes my next idea!!!

Setsuna
06-12-2012, 03:46 PM
IMO, if you can't avoid temptation while being in a relationship, you don't really value that relationship very much. I don't really see any gray area there. Maybe it's just me...

That's how I feel too. No one is saying go to a strip club or porn shoot or swingers orgy. That's not the temptation we are talking about.

The Bad Guy
06-12-2012, 04:07 PM
God bless dude. That really sucks. Best of luck to you.

DeezNutz
06-12-2012, 04:42 PM

Nope. They aren't "given" anything. These pieces of shit create their own opportunities. If it weren't one platform, it would be another. Back in the day, it was called "a bar."

Johnny Vegas
06-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Burt go listen to some NIN

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yVpw1SwJRBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ImAWalkingCorpse
06-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Flame away!

No way.. you got fucked big time. Hopefully her new beau realizes he wanted the one just before her more.

ImAWalkingCorpse
06-12-2012, 05:09 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/To5bUpOEHcw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 07:24 PM

1. :spock:

2. ROFL

Pablo
06-12-2012, 07:25 PM

2. ROFLYeah, that made me chuckle a bit too.

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 08:10 PM

2. ROFL

Yeah, that made me chuckle a bit too.

Excuse the **** out of me. Perhaps I'm not grasping what is so funny about my post. :spock: Gonzo works in a field where his every move is monitored. We're not posting personal shit on networking sites DUE TO SECURITY REASONS.

Get it now?

FFS :facepalm:

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Excuse the fuck out of me. Perhaps I'm not grasping what is so funny about my post. :spock: Gonzo works in a field where his every move is monitored. We're not posting personal shit on networking sites DUE TO SECURITY REASONS.

Get it now?

FFS :facepalm:

You just posted personal shit on a Chiefs board. Do you fail to see the irony here?

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
You just posted personal shit on a Chiefs board. Do you fail to see the irony here?

Do you know my first and last name?

LiveSteam
06-12-2012, 08:15 PM
:popcorn:

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 08:16 PM

Is that a challenge?

alpha_omega
06-12-2012, 08:17 PM

I'll take a guess....Lum Py.

Am I close?

Sorry, I couldn't resist injecting some humor.

Pablo
06-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Is that a challenge?This obviously isn't a social networking site, so there's no possible way you could obtain any pertinent information about her w/o her just giving it to you.

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 08:21 PM
This obviously isn't a social networking site, so there's no possible way you could obtain any pertinent information about her w/o her just giving it to you.

Haha, true.

People reveal quite a bit about themselves on this site without really intending to do so. It doesn't take a crack team of hax0rs to find out who someone is, what they do, etc.

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Is that a challenge?

LMAO You won't find much about me online.

Let me ask you something... why are you pointing out my posts when what I've posted is similar to what some of the men have posted? I do find this interesting.

BigRedChief
06-12-2012, 08:22 PM

2. ROFLBlaming pagers, Bars, dating sites, Facebook, Social media etc is insane.

I have not slept with someone other than my wife in 23 years. It was not because I've not had the oppertunity. Its because I love and respect her. I also dont want to do anything to screw up a good thing.

And there is that vow that everyone takes to never sleep with another person as long as we both shall live. You want to fuck someone else, GTFO of the marriage and go forth and prosper.

Easy 6
06-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Just throw yourself into the new job.

You'll eventually come out on top in this, the cheating ex's relationship will surely fall into the crapper sooner than later & then where will she be?... HAHAHAA YOU TWO TIMING TWAT, REVENGE IS MINE!

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 08:26 PM

Let me ask you something... why are you pointing out my posts when what I've posted is similar to what some of the men have posted? I do find this interesting.

I believe you were the first one to directly blame Facebook for cheating (whether you meant to or not).

Edit: Scrolling back through the posts, no you weren't. I guess it was just the first one I noticed.

Bwana
06-12-2012, 08:27 PM

First, no, last yes. :)

BigRedChief
06-12-2012, 08:33 PM

Let me ask you something... why are you pointing out my posts when what I've posted is similar to what some of the men have posted? I do find this interesting.Lumpy, I dont know anything about your real life. If you and Gonzo are friends with me on sites other than this one, But as your hubby will attest to, privacy on the internet is an illusion.

On the other side of the coin my public online life and "real" life crosses paths a lot. This privacy situation is here to stay. Either we try to live in a electronic cave or learn to deal with the new reality.

JASONSAUTO
06-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Facebook is the debble.

I could easily be persuaded to believe this to be true.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 08:57 PM
I believe you were the first one to directly blame Facebook for cheating (whether you meant to or not).

Edit: Scrolling back through the posts, no you weren't. I guess it was just the first one I noticed.

Or it could be that I'm a female and all females are cheating, lying, whore-biscuits!! GAH!! LMAO

First, no, last yes. :)

Yeah, but you're a mod. :D

Lumpy, I dont know anything about your real life. If you and Gonzo are friends with me on sites other than this one, But as your hubby will attest to, privacy on the internet is an illusion.

On the other side of the coin my public online life and "real" life crosses paths a lot. This privacy situation is here to stay. Either we try to live in a electronic cave or learn to deal with the new reality.

It is an illusion. Anyone can plug in usernames, keywords, etc. to find where someone posts on another site. Then, on that site, they can learn more personal details which could lead to finding out full names, addresses, etc.

If someone were to waste their time tracking me down, more power to them. I honestly don't care. It's not like I have any deep, dark secrets that could humiliate me or destroy my personal or professional life.

BigRedChief
06-12-2012, 09:10 PM
It is an illusion. Anyone can plug in usernames, keywords, etc. to find where someone posts on another site. Then, on that site, they can learn more personal details which could lead to finding out full names, addresses, etc.

If someone were to waste their time tracking me down, more power to them. I honestly don't care. It's not like I have any deep, dark secrets that could humiliate me or destroy my personal or professional life.Thats my point. Not really directed at you but more of a general statement. No need to worry about being online. Live your life normally, including your online personna.

Just use basic safety practices and the only ones you have to worry about is the stalker or the insane person.

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Thats my point. Not really directed at you but more of a general statement. No need to worry about being online. Live your life normally, including your online personna.

Just use basic safety practices and the only ones you have to worry about is the stalker or the insane person.

Meh. I've had stalkers before. No worries. :)

---------------------------

Now, can we please get back to Burt's problem?

Lumpy
06-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Blaming pagers, Bars, dating sites, Facebook, Social media etc is insane.

I have not slept with someone other than my wife in 23 years. It was not because I've not had the oppertunity. Its because I love and respect her. I also dont want to do anything to screw up a good thing.

And there is that vow that everyone takes to never sleep with another person as long as we both shall live. You want to **** someone else, GTFO of the marriage and go forth and prosper.

You had opportunities to cheat, but you didn't? Where did these opportunities come from exactly? :hmmm:

:D

Ah, screw it... I have laundry to do.

On a serious note though, you're a good man, BRC! :thumb:

luv
06-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Nope. They aren't "given" anything. These pieces of shit create their own opportunities. If it weren't one platform, it would be another. Back in the day, it was called "a bar."

This. Not that I know anything about marriage, but I know married guys who have tried seeking me out. I didn't give them anything. Cheaters are going to cheat. Period.

lewdog
06-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Stay away from guys, we are scum.

Unless you are talking about me, I am a fucking catch!

BigRedChief
06-12-2012, 09:59 PM
You had opportunities to cheat, but you didn't? Where did these opportunities come from exactly? :hmmm:

:D

Ah, screw it... I have laundry to do.

On a serious note though, you're a good man, BRC! :thumb:Black women love me, no shit. I think its the freckles and red hair. They want the "ginger" experience. Amuses the wife tremendously.

I think the majority of men never cheat on their wifes.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2012, 10:05 PM
You are good dog, just got a new lease on life, enjoy it. BTW, never go back.

Phobia
06-12-2012, 10:55 PM

I think Luv showed up at one of his tailgates before.

burt
06-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Hey!!! This is all about ME!!! lol. Things just keep getting worse. The trend HAS to change soon!!

Deberg_1990
06-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Hey!!! This is all about ME!!! lol. Things just keep getting worse. The trend HAS to change soon!!

So any possibility of getting your old job back?

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Hi

burt
06-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Hi
You are awesome.

burt
06-13-2012, 09:47 AM
So any possibility of getting your old job back?

We are talking........

Phobia
06-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Can you sell home improvement?

burt
06-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Can you sell home improvement?

I can sell anything....but I am best @ cars. I started at Legends Toyota the first and am ready to deliver my 5th car. Being in the need for $$, I had to hit the ground running at something I KNOW I can turn fast cash!!

Frazod
06-13-2012, 10:01 AM
That sucks, Burt. Best of luck on your do-over.

As for facebook, I can certainly see how it could help facilitate cheating by people in failing marriages. I've reconnected with one of my old girlfriends from high school. And if we would ever get involved again, she'd still drive me insane inside of a day. :D Makes a great friend, though, and her and the wife have really hit it off.

stevieray
06-13-2012, 10:03 AM
in the USSR?

stevieray
06-13-2012, 10:03 AM
on the chain gang?

Phobia
06-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I can sell anything....but I am best @ cars. I started at Legends Toyota the first and am ready to deliver my 5th car. Being in the need for $$, I had to hit the ground running at something I KNOW I can turn fast cash!!

Oh good. Keep doing that then. What I do is tricky. Imagine selling cars for every manufacturer and they all had 1000 different models.

oldman
06-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Hang in there, dude. BTW, if you've delivered 5 already this month, you're off to a great start. As far as the ex----well, you've been had. Write it off as something in your past and move on. I think you've got to be the classy one around the kids. Chances are she'll cheat again with the new guy, so the kids will figure it out.

Phobia
06-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Hang in there, dude. BTW, if you've delivered 5 already this month, you're off to a great start. As far as the ex----well, you've been had. Write it off as something in your past and move on. I think you've got to be the classy one around the kids. Chances are she'll cheat again with the new guy, so the kids will figure it out.

Heh. My 19 year old went to visit her mother recently. She told me last night that her step-dad has cameras installed in every room of the house. Guess he can't trust her either. Love that guy though. Thanks again for taking her off my hands.

burt
06-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Heh. My 19 year old went to visit her mother recently. She told me last night that her step-dad has cameras installed in every room of the house. Guess he can't trust her either. Love that guy though. Thanks again for taking her off my hands.

Yeah, My soon to be ex's, new guy/old boyfriend must have done something VERY bad to deserve her!

stevieray
06-13-2012, 10:26 AM
in the saddle again?

burt
06-13-2012, 10:37 AM

24 years of experience helps.

stevieray
06-13-2012, 10:39 AM
in black?