PDA

View Full Version : Life Good morning, Bob!

Bob Dole
06-12-2012, 06:17 AM
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe meets 1942 Bradford Pear.

Bob Dole is pretty sure the tree won. Photo to follow.

Bob Dole
06-12-2012, 06:17 AM
The aftermath.

listopencil
06-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Oh shit. Are you OK?

Bob Dole
06-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Oh shit. Are you OK?

Bob Dole was sitting safely in the house, listening to the wind and thunder.

Gonzo
06-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Looks like the car won to me. Hope you're ok.

listopencil
06-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Bob Dole was sitting safely in the house, listening to the wind and thunder.

Ah, OK. I thought you were driving.

shakesthecat
06-12-2012, 06:23 AM
That sucks. For both your car and the tree.

On the bright side, you should be driving a 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe in about a week to 10 days.

Bwana
06-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Oh shit, oh dear, that looks like the start of the second Monday in a row. Best of luck with the insurance clowns.

InChiefsHell
06-12-2012, 06:49 AM
PIC OF CAR OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Msmith
06-12-2012, 07:00 AM
So exactly what had happened, Kimosabe?

mlyonsd
06-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Ouch.

Bob Dole
06-12-2012, 07:02 AM
PIC OF CAR OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

That _IS_ a picture of the car.

Radar Chief
06-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Looks like the car won to me. Hope you're ok.

Yea, I wouldn’t call that tree the winner. At the least it should go judges’ decision.
Let’s get a look at the car, see what kind of points the tree got.

Bob Dole
06-12-2012, 07:04 AM
So exactly what had happened, Kimosabe?

Wind and rain. The old tree just gave up one of her arms.

Rausch
06-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Fuck the tree.

Cut it up and use the wood to make a weatherproof outdoor bar.

Bob Dole wins...

Radar Chief
06-12-2012, 07:05 AM

:eek: There is a car in there.

Bob Dole
06-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Yea, I wouldn’t call that tree the winner. At the least it should go judges’ decision.

It's difficult to tell because there's so much tree, but the windshield is smashed and there's an A pillar directly under the leftmost knuckle.

listopencil
06-12-2012, 07:14 AM
It's difficult to tell because there's so much tree, but the windshield is smashed and there's an A pillar directly under the leftmost knuckle.

Wow. I did not see the car in there at all before.

Bob Dole
06-12-2012, 07:14 AM

This might show it better. (Bob Dole didn't realize the first one needed rotated 90 degrees.)

Bob Dole is pretty sure he does not WANT them to try to salvage the vehicle.

Hog Farmer
06-12-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm pretty sure it's still driveable.

Bwana
06-12-2012, 07:25 AM
So are you going play lumber jack and cut the car out, or are you going to let State Farm worry about it?

Sofa King
06-12-2012, 07:41 AM
That's a huge tree if that's only a branch.

Bob Dole
06-12-2012, 07:41 AM
So are you going play lumber jack and cut the car out, or are you going to let State Farm worry about it?

Depends on what the insurance wants to do. If Bob Dole can get them to cover it under the auto's comprehensive, Bob Dole will probably take the $840 he'd spend on the homeowner deductible and buy a chainsaw and do it himself.

Bob Dole
06-12-2012, 07:45 AM
That's a huge tree if that's only a branch.

Here is a view from the other side of the street.

Nzoner
06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
I hate to admit this but at 4 a.m. this morning when Bob Dole first posted this on Facebook and Nzoner was barely awake Nzoner hit the like button because the he read it to mean some pears had fallen from the tree and hit the car not the whole damn tree. :(

HemiEd
06-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Very glad you are ok Bob Dole, but this is proof that even God doesn't like Korean cars.

Rain Man
06-12-2012, 08:54 AM
I had no idea that pear trees got that big. I hope the partridges are all right.

LiveSteam
06-12-2012, 09:08 AM
That is a bummer.
On the bright side. It wasn't the house.
Bob Dole gets a new car & has a scrap metal firewood project to play with.

Donger
06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
And I got crap for suggesting that my neighbor park his car in his garage.

InChiefsHell
06-12-2012, 09:24 AM

ROFL I didn't even see the car under the tree when I looked the first time. Tree scored fatality!

Bob Dole
06-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Very glad you are ok Bob Dole, but this is proof that even God doesn't like Korean cars.

Bob Dole has the justification to move on that 1965 we discussed now...

Munson
06-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Just throw some duct tape on the Hyundai and it should be good to go.:D

HemiEd
06-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Bob Dole has the justification to move on that 1965 we discussed now...

Excellent! Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

Bob Dole
06-26-2012, 05:09 AM
So predictably, Allstate sends an adjuster yesterday who insists they're going to try to fix the damned car, ignoring that there isn't a straight body panel remaining, there was enough weight on it that it was sitting on the ground, and there is now mildew in the cabin and trunk because of the water it took on from the broken glass. Sure...it will drive and look just like it did before.

Any tips on how to get them to just total the damned thing?

InChiefsHell
06-26-2012, 05:19 AM
So predictably, Allstate sends an adjuster yesterday who insists they're going to try to fix the damned car, ignoring that there isn't a straight body panel remaining, there was enough weight on it that it was sitting on the ground, and there is now mildew in the cabin and trunk because of the water it took on from the broken glass. Sure...it will drive and look just like it did before.

Just be extremely unreasonable about the expectations. Get estimates that are out of this world. Insist that you have your own guy do the repairs and make sure he's charging more than the car is worth. In other words, be a royal prick about it.

Bwana
06-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Just be extremely unreasonable about the expectations. Get estimates that are out of this world. Insist that you have your own guy do the repairs and make sure he's charging more than the car is worth. In other words, be a royal prick about it.

There you have it. Insurance companies love to take your money, but when it comes time to take care of you, they try to bend you over the table, 99% of the time, if you let them. ****ing slimeballs.

InChiefsHell
06-26-2012, 06:21 AM
Start bitching about the possible health hazards involved with the mold in the car. The word MOLD is like Kryptonite to them...

Bob Dole
06-26-2012, 06:47 AM
There you have it. Insurance companies love to take your money, but when it comes time to take care of you, they try to bend you over the table, 99% of the time, if you let them. ****ing slimeballs.

Bob Dole really enjoyed it when we popped the trunk and the guy claimed to be unable to smell the freaking mildew stench. WTF??

The conversation where he claimed Bob Dole wouldn't take it up the ass when selling because it wouldn't show up on any vehicle history reports was also a hoot. Really? Funny how the hail damage repairs show up on Bob Dole's last two vehicles...

Bwana
06-26-2012, 07:01 AM
Bob Dole really enjoyed it when we popped the trunk and the guy claimed to be unable to smell the freaking mildew stench. WTF??

The conversation where he claimed Bob Dole wouldn't take it up the ass when selling because it wouldn't show up on any vehicle history reports was also a hoot. Really? Funny how the hail damage repairs show up on Bob Dole's last two vehicles...

ROFL

Was this guy wearing clown shoes? Talk about trying to sell you a bill of goods. So which insurance company are you dealing with?

"Bob" Dobbs
06-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Saw the thread and thought you were talking to me. move along. nothing to see here.
Posted via Mobile Device

RockChalk
06-26-2012, 07:32 AM
Is your agent a friend or just a "guy"? I'd call him and bitch up a storm. See if he has any pull with corporate...

Bob Dole
06-26-2012, 07:43 AM
ROFL

Was this guy wearing clown shoes? Talk about trying to sell you a bill of goods. So which insurance company are you dealing with?

Allstate. When he claimed it wouldn't show up, Bob Dole just stopped talking to him. It wasn't going to end well.

Bob Dole
06-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Is your agent a friend or just a "guy"? I'd call him and bitch up a storm. See if he has any pull with corporate...

Just a guy in Houston, actually. Never met him.

Groves
06-26-2012, 08:12 AM
The Bradford pear symbolizes one of our societies many failings.

Planted so often because it grows fast and looks good, but everyone knows that it's a ticking time bomb.

They seek out cars, houses, and little children to fall on.

Short term gains, long term disaster.

Glad you're ok, BD.

RockChalk
06-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Just a guy in Houston, actually. Never met him.

Damn...suppose you could always try with him. Typical of insurance to go this route.

Bwana
06-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Allstate. When he claimed it wouldn't show up, Bob Dole just stopped talking to him. It wasn't going to end well.

You should have told the asshole that if he stopped telling you wild west stories, you wouldn't start in on him and try to sell him a bridge. It took a big set of nuts for the guy to try to pass off what he told you, as fact.

Buehler445
06-26-2012, 09:36 AM

Hog tie his ass and throw him in the trunk for a few hours so he can smell the mildew.

Seriously though, go get about 18 estimates that all say it is totalled. You go about replacing all the apholstry and it should send it way over the top.

Bob Dole
06-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Hog tie his ass and throw him in the trunk for a few hours so he can smell the mildew.

Seriously though, go get about 18 estimates that all say it is totalled. You go about replacing all the apholstry and it should send it way over the top.

The thing is not drivable in its current condition. Back glass fell completely in during the heat yesterday, and the front glass in mangled.

Bwana
06-26-2012, 09:47 AM
The thing is not drivable in its current condition. Back glass fell completely in during the heat yesterday, and the front glass in mangled.

Do you still know guys in the body shop business? Even if you don't, call a shop or two, explain the rig isn't driveable and have them hump it over to your house. Anything to make that crushed beer can/salvage rig go away.

Bob Dole
06-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Do you still know guys in the body shop business? Even if you don't, call a shop or two, explain the rig isn't driveable and have them hump it over to your house. Anything to make that crushed beer can/salvage rig go away.

I don't really know anyone in the business any more. The only ones I know do custom stuff and don't perform insurance repairs.

gblowfish
06-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Looks like you got a visit from the Allstate Mayhem guy!

Dayze
06-26-2012, 11:25 AM
if you want, I can fix it. My old man is a TV repair man and has a killer set of tools.

InChiefsHell
06-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Looks like you got a visit from the Allstate Mayhem guy!

Bingo!

http://assets.fundoofun.com/video_pics/resize/video_allstate_tv_ad_tree_branch_mayhem_1332745523.jpg

Bob Dole
07-02-2012, 07:55 AM
This is not going well at all... There is not a straight body panel on the car, the a-pillar is compressed enough that the passenger side door window hangs, there is mildew in the passenger compartment and trunk, the back glass has fallen completely in, and the windshield has a hole in it. The car had enough weight on it that it was sitting on the tires, so who knows what the hell it did to the tuned suspension.

Allstate adjuster estimates $8500.

WTF??

HemiEd
07-02-2012, 08:15 AM
This is not going well at all... There is not a straight body panel on the car, the a-pillar is compressed enough that the passenger side door window hangs, there is mildew in the passenger compartment and trunk, the back glass has fallen completely in, and the windshield has a hole in it. The car had enough weight on it that it was sitting on the tires, so who knows what the hell it did to the tuned suspension.

WTF??

Good luck with this Bob, that just doesn't sound right.

Karma kind of paid me a little visit yesterday after me making light of your Korean car. Fortunately, God must like Dodges better. :D

ChiTown
07-02-2012, 08:30 AM

WTF??

Welcome back, Mr. Dole.

Glad you are okay

loochy
07-02-2012, 09:16 AM
So...unrelated to the tree...but how do you like the Genesis? Someone at my apartment complex has the R spec in the pearl white color and I'm always checking it out. Man, it's a really nice looking car, but I can't get over the fact that it's a Hyundai. What are your thoughts about it? What things do you like most? Has anything surprised you about it? How's the interior quality? Any problems so far (aside from a tree sitting on it)?

Bob Dole
07-02-2012, 09:31 AM
So...unrelated to the tree...but how do you like the Genesis? Someone at my apartment complex has the R spec in the pearl white color and I'm always checking it out. Man, it's a really nice looking car, but I can't get over the fact that it's a Hyundai. What are your thoughts about it? What things do you like most? Has anything surprised you about it? How's the interior quality? Any problems so far (aside from a tree sitting on it)?

Absolutely loved the car. No complaints at all. Drives and handles exactly like you'd expect a $50k sports car to drive and handle, for a fraction of the cost (and a lot more warranty).

The only thing Bob Dole would have liked it to have that it didn't was a rear wiper.

stevieray
07-02-2012, 10:13 AM
The only thing Bob Dole would have liked it to have that it didn't was a rear wiper.

the car isn't left handed.

I've ridden in that bad boy...its pretty damn quick.

Bob Dole
07-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Just got the first look at the detailed estimate.

Sure...Bob Dole is fine with recycled parts on his car with 20k miles. Not.

At least Bob Dole learned the proper terminology to use during discussions with these idiots. "Diminished value"

Bwana
07-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Just got the first look at the detailed estimate.

Sure...Bob Dole is fine with recycled parts on his car with 20k miles. Not.

At least Bob Dole learned the proper terminology to use during discussions with these idiots. "Diminished value"

Don't you just love those low life pricks. They are happy to take your money, but Lord help you, if you ever have to put in a claim. They will try to screw you 99% of the time. I went through the same thing on my wife car about a year ago. Some crazy old hide backed into my wifes car with a pickup ball and hitch. It punched a hole in the bumper and dented the hood. They tried to hang junk yard parts on that as well. After I raised hell about that, they tried to hang parts made in China on the thing. <O:p

When the dust cleared, I got genuine GM parts, but you talk about a circus to get there.<O:p
<O:p

Just hang in there and don't back down and you should be ok. They bank on wearing people down with low balling and stalling techniques. If you wait it out, you should be alright.<O:p

Guru
07-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Sometimes I wonder if full coverage insurance is even worth what you pay for it now.

HemiEd
07-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Sometimes I wonder if full coverage insurance is even worth what you pay for it now.

I am going through that right now myself, as we are insurance poor having three cars with full coverage. Kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

Mosbonian
07-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Funny what you learn when you go into the collision business. I work for a company that sells automotive paint refinishing and most of our customers are collision shops, body shops, dealer repair shops..etc...

What I have learned in this short time has decreased my trust in the Insurance business to a level I didn't think possible.

Okie_Apparition
07-03-2012, 11:43 AM
I ran a used car through Carfax that come up clean. Ran it again through another outfit who's name I don't recall & it showed heavy damage.

The way it was explained to me by the seller is that they bought it direct from the insurance company & there was no accident report for it to show up on Carfax.

Carfax is not all that

Dave Lane
07-03-2012, 01:46 PM

Yep