PDA

View Full Version : Misc Lesbian Parenting Is Conservative Star's Newest Target

listopencil
06-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Mark Regnerus found that lesbians' kids fare worse, but critics blast his methods. “Liberty run amok can create extraordinary personal disaster,” he says.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/annanorth/lesbian-parenting-is-conservative-stars-newest-ta

A snippet:

Mark Regnerus's report today that lesbian couples' children turn out worse than straight couples ignited a firestorm, drawing cheers on the social right and denunciations from the gay rights movement.

The study was the latest in a series that have made Regnerus, an associate professor of sociology at UT Austin and married father of three, a darling of the right: His other findings tout the benefits of early marriage and the costs of "hookup culture."

But if he's become a star of the social right, he said in an interview, that's (almost) completely an accident.

"I'm not terribly politically-oriented myself," Regnerus told BuzzFeed Monday. "People probably won't believe it, but I've yet to vote for a Republican presidential candidate."

Chiefshrink
06-12-2012, 09:31 AM
What's your take on this article "lesbianpencildick" ?

Brock
06-12-2012, 09:36 AM

HA HA HA THAT'S HILARIOUS

LiveSteam
06-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Look no further that Joey Kurt Cobain & you have your answer on this one

Chiefshrink
06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Look no further that Joey Kurt Cobain & you have your answer on this one

:thumb:

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2012, 11:06 AM
The benefits of having a good mother and father should be self-evident. Only in our over the top PC enviroment can we pretend otherwise.

listopencil
06-12-2012, 12:42 PM

What's yours, Sport-with-my-sphincter?

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 01:46 PM
The benefits of having a good mother and father should be self-evident. Only in our over the top PC enviroment can we pretend otherwise.

What if the alternative is a single parent or a series of foster homes?

Otter
06-12-2012, 01:51 PM

Not having kids you can't care for or afoard comes to mind. It's not like there's a shortage of humans.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 01:52 PM

IMHO A good single parent is in no way comparable to a series of foster homes and shouldn't be equivocated with same. A good single parent can and has raised happy, well-adjusted children. A dedicated single parent would seem to be highly preferable over being raised by lesbians from both a social and emotional perspective.

Brock
06-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Not having kids you can't care for or afoard comes to mind. It's not like there's a shortage of humans.

We can't be having abortions and contraceptives and stuff. That's agin' the bible.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 01:54 PM
We can't be having abortions and contraceptives and stuff. That's agin' the bible.

The fact that you equate abortion with forms of birth control is both telling and reprehensible.

Brock
06-12-2012, 01:56 PM
The fact that you equate abortion with forms of birth control is both telling and reprehensible.

I don't, the catholic church does, dumbbell.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't, the catholic church does, dumbbell.

Nice dodge but your casual, monstrous views on abortion precede you.

Brock
06-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Nice dodge but your monstrous views on abortion precede you.

Don't really care what you think. You're just playacting anyway.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2012, 02:12 PM

Letís start by fixing the bureaucratic system that is making it so ridiculously hard to adopt because it is not in their personal best interest to find these kids good homes with mothers and fathers. We do that first and see where we stand then I am open to alternatives if there are still kids that need homes.

Thig Lyfe
06-12-2012, 02:14 PM

FUCKING NAILED IT!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Brock
06-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Letís start by fixing the bureaucratic system that is making it so ridiculously hard to adopt because it is not in their personal best interest to find these kids good homes with mothers and fathers. We do that first and see where we stand then I am open to alternatives if there are still kids that need homes.

Because there's a line a mile long of people waiting to adopt screwed up kids.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Because there's a line a mile long of people waiting to adopt screwed up kids.

Anybody that has ever been through the adoption process knows how friggen ridiculously hard it is. If they fix the system I have no problem in talking about alternatives after that has been allowed to play it's way out..

Brock
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Anybody that has ever been through the adoption process knows how friggen ridiculously hard it is. If they fix the system I have no problem in talking about alternatives after that has been allowed to play it's way out..

I've been through it twice. If you want a white 3 month old baby, yeah, it's hard. If you just want to help a kid who really needs it, no, it's not hard.

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I've been through it twice. If you want a white 3 month old baby, yeah, it's hard. If you just want to help a kid who really needs it, no, it's not hard.

Exactly. Some friends of mine have basically been told they could get a white baby in about five years or about 1,000 kids over the age of three before you can say "no givesies backsies".

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 02:26 PM
IMHO A good single parent is in no way comparable to a series of foster homes and shouldn't be equivocated with same. A good single parent can and has raised happy, well-adjusted children. A dedicated single parent would seem to be highly preferable over being raised by lesbians from both a social and emotional perspective.

I think single-parent homes have wrought havoc on our society. Why do you see this as preferable to lesbian parents?

qabbaan
06-12-2012, 02:29 PM
For people who believe that gay behavior is not a choice - how would you explain the heightened incidence of children raised in same sex homes becoming gay themselves?

vailpass
06-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Don't really care what you think. You're just playacting anyway.

That's a convenient out for you isn't it?

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 02:34 PM
For people who believe that gay behavior is not a choice - how would you explain the heightened incidence of children raised in same sex homes becoming gay themselves?

I don't think it's a choice. I think that things can happen, particularly if they are traumatic, that can lead to abnormal sexual feelings.

That said, I would need to se the studies. Perhaps these people are simply more comfortable acknowledge their homosexuality than others thus giving the impression that a difference exists when out really doesn't.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 02:40 PM
I think single-parent homes have wrought havoc on our society. Why do you see this as preferable to lesbian parents?

Obviously that is a question that has to be answered on a a case-by-case basis; sorry not to have been more clear on that. My generalization comes from the belief that a child has a much easier time from a social and emotional integration standpoint if they come from a single-parent home as opposed to a home with two lesbian women in it.

Brock
06-12-2012, 02:40 PM
That's a convenient out for you isn't it?

It isn't my fault you've made it clear you're only here to yank chains. Speaking of convenient, you can easily take any viewpoint you like and then later laugh it off because you're "just playing around".

vailpass
06-12-2012, 02:43 PM
It isn't my fault you've made it clear you're only here to yank chains.

True. Doesn't make your avoidance of the issues any less obvious. I'll honor your wishes and not pursue the issue any farther with you. I wouldn't want those beliefs out in a public forum either if I were you.

Brock
06-12-2012, 02:45 PM
True. Doesn't make your avoidance of the issues any less obvious. I'll honor your wishes and not pursue the issue any farther with you. I wouldn't want those beliefs out in a public forum either if I were you.

I've made my beliefs pretty clear, and I'll debate them openly with anyone worthy of my time.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 02:47 PM
I've made my beliefs pretty clear, and I'll debate them openly with anyone worthy of my time.

Is that a hanger in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2012, 02:56 PM

Took my sister 5 years to get my nephew, who is black. My buddy Marshall who has all the special needs kids I posted and showed you before said they gave him a really hard time. He said the first one was the hard one but once they put you through the gauntlet it get easier. If I thought it was easy I would adopt one child right now.

Thig Lyfe
06-12-2012, 03:02 PM

Also what about all the adopted African children who become white???

Bowser
06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
I'd rather see a kid raised by two lesbians that are caring and stable over a mom and dad pair that are abusive and dysfunctional.

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 03:07 PM
I'd rather see a kid raised by two lesbians that are caring and stable over a mom and dad pair that are abusive and dysfunctional.

What if all the information you have is: lesbian couple versus single parent?

Bowser
06-12-2012, 03:15 PM
What if all the information you have is: lesbian couple versus single parent?

Not knowing anything about either party? I'd probably wish the kid good luck. Heh.

I don't begrudge anyone for tying to adopt, regardless of their social standings, provided they have the sense to be able to be a good parent(s). As long as those people do right by the kid, then nobody should have anything to say about it. Just my humble opinion.

Otter
06-12-2012, 04:15 PM

When did accepting responsibility for your actions begin to be dismissed as a factor into your situation in life?

Excuses are like asshole, everyone has one and no body wants to hear from it. I'm sure the Catholic Church is having a huge influence on the people chucking out babies for the sole reason they want to **** without foresight.

Give me a break. I'm not a huge fan of either but this whole blaming one side for another problem is everything that is wrong. It's a microcosm of everything from government to school systems to..well, having babies that you expect someone else to take care of after you pop them out of your worthless cum dumpster vagina. We need more people like a white blood cell needs more viruses to kill it. We need quality, not quantity and if you can't provide it close your legs, buy a vibrator or wear a rubber and stop taking down producers that are unlucky enough to be stuck with your neanderthal mentality.

jspchief
06-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Not really surprising. Lesbians have to be the most socially maladjusted demographic on the planet.

Dave Lane
06-12-2012, 04:34 PM
The benefits of having a good mother and father should be self-evident.

OK so what happens with the other 85% of the population?

VAChief
06-12-2012, 04:51 PM

Studies? All the studies I have seen report no statistical difference whatsoever from heterosexual parent homes (your own personal experience not withstanding).

Fish
06-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Exactly. Some friends of mine have basically been told they could get a white baby in about five years or about 1,000 kids over the age of three before you can say "no givesies backsies".

Yup. Sadly, it's no different than adopting dogs or cats. Everybody wants a kitten or puppy. Nobody wants one that's already been corrupted by somebody else.

Brock
06-12-2012, 05:25 PM
When did accepting responsibility for your actions begin to be dismissed as a factor into your situation in life?

Excuses are like asshole, everyone has one and no body wants to hear from it. I'm sure the Catholic Church is having a huge influence on the people chucking out babies for the sole reason they want to **** without foresight.

Give me a break. I'm not a huge fan of either but this whole blaming one side for another problem is everything that is wrong. It's a microcosm of everything from government to school systems to..well, having babies that you expect someone else to take care of after you pop them out of your worthless cum dumpster vagina. We need more people like a white blood cell needs more viruses to kill it. We need quality, not quantity and if you can't provide it close your legs, buy a vibrator or wear a rubber and stop taking down producers that are unlucky enough to be stuck with your neanderthal mentality.

I agree we have too many people. If it were up to me, we'd sterilize a pretty significant portion of the world's population. Barring that, you're not really proposing anything approaching a solution, nor commenting on the topic at hand.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 06:54 PM
OK so what happens with the other 85% of the population?

You tell us.

La literatura
06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
A dedicated single parent would seem to be highly preferable over being raised by lesbians from both a social and emotional perspective.

How about two dedicated lesbians in a loving relationship?

patteeu
06-12-2012, 08:29 PM
All else equal, I'd go with the lesbian (or gay) couple over a single parent, and the male/female couple over the same sex couple.

NewChief
06-12-2012, 09:03 PM
How about a monkey and a horse raising a baby stolen by dingos? Better than dykes raising a kid? AmiRight?

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 10:01 PM
All else equal, I'd go with the lesbian (or gay) couple over a single parent, and the male/female couple over the same sex couple.

As would I.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2012, 11:48 PM
I agree we have too many people. If it were up to me, we'd sterilize a pretty significant portion of the world's population. Barring that, you're not really proposing anything approaching a solution, nor commenting on the topic at hand.

Very interesting, indeed?

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2012, 11:50 PM
How about a monkey and a horse raising a baby stolen by dingos? Better than dykes raising a kid? AmiRight?

We need a shrooms smiley.

Brock
06-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Very interesting, indeed?

Is it.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Is it.

At times it amazes me how similar our viewpoints are on so many subjects. I have went rounds with Jazz going over your exact position there. I even layed out how I would go about it.

vailpass
06-13-2012, 10:44 AM

What are the race, gender, socio/economic status, and sexual orientation of the monkey and horse in question?

ClevelandBronco
06-13-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm against allowing a lesbian couple to raise a boy. It's damn near a fundamental right for a lad to have a rich fantasy life that features two or more unusually attractive lesbians going at it insatiably. I fear that the reality of having two rather drab carpet munchers as mom and mom could irreparably damage a young man's normal development.

King_Chief_Fan
06-14-2012, 08:35 AM
Studies? All the studies I have seen report no statistical difference whatsoever from heterosexual parent homes (your own personal experience not withstanding).

links?

alnorth
06-14-2012, 08:40 AM

Pretty much agree. This opposition to lesbian/gay parents is kind of stupid because they aren't yanking kids out of the homes of hetero couples and redistributing them to the gays.

VAChief
06-14-2012, 04:03 PM
links?

The British Longitudinal Study of Lesbian Mother Families found no difference in the percentages of children raised in gay households who identify as gay versus those raised in heterosexual households.

Bailey et al (1995) found that over 90% of sons of gay fathers were heterosexual. Sons' sexual orientations were not associated with how long they had lived with their father, or the quality of their relationships, or any of a number of factors having to do with relationships with their fathers.
Source(s):
The section on psychosexual development in:

Tasker F. Lesbian mothers, gay fathers, and their children: a review. J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2005 Jun;26(3):224-40.