PDA

View Full Version : Life My troubled childhood

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 10:16 AM
I grew up in the northeast in a single parent home in kind of a rough area. There wasn't a lot to do there, so I spent a lot of time playing basketball and hanging out with a bad crowd. Inevitably, things got violent, and there was one particularly frightening incident that made It clear that I had to find a better situation for myself.

Fortunately, I had some family out west who was willing to take me in and provide a more stable environment throughout my high school years. They helped me find opportunities that would not have otherwise been available to me and turned me into the man I am today.

Share your story if you feel like you know me.

blaise
06-12-2012, 10:18 AM
You're the Fresh Prince?

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 10:18 AM
You're the Fresh Prince?

Your turn.

blaise
06-12-2012, 10:21 AM
One time, as a teenager, I had to move from my home town. Just my mom and I moved to a brand new city. We lived in this sort of run down apartment and I had to ride to school on a crummy bike while the other kids rode dirtbikes. I got in a lot of fights, but eventually I started learning self defense from this cool dude. We got really close, but never got gay. He did give me a car though.

Setsuna
06-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Saul, this is n00b level thread starting. Put this crap in 10 pm thread or random thought. Attention whore.

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 10:24 AM
You're the Fresh Prince?

One time, as a teenager, I had to move from my home town. Just my mom and I moved to a brand new city. We lived in this sort of run down apartment and I had to ride to school on a crummy bike while the other kids rode dirtbikes. I got in a lot of fights, but eventually I started learning self defense from this cool dude. We got really close, but never got gay. He did give me a car though.

Interesting story Daniel san.

raybec 4
06-12-2012, 10:25 AM
My brother and I lived with our mom in NYC. SHe was a maid for a rich white guy. When she died he let us move in with him and we had a white sister and a maid and everything money could buy. I used to go around saying things like "Watchoo talkin bout?" It was great

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 10:25 AM

You just explained the plot to the movie "Showdown", with Billy Blanks.

Graystoke
06-12-2012, 10:26 AM
My Mom took me and my Brother to the Bad Boy School an hour away so we could see where we would go if we didn't shape up.
They wore white T-Shirts, smoked cigs and played Basketball and we thought...COOL! She was so pissed.

KCUnited
06-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I had a friend die when I was younger. She was from a broken home and sang her last lullaby way too soon. I knew it was lonely when she was hangin' around but she would just lie down and take it. I told her once to hold on and to hold on tight, I thought I could make everything alright. She went to sleep and never woke up, all I could do was pray the lord her soul to keep.

The whole thing plays through my head often.

Thig Lyfe
I don't have a story, but I just want to thank you guys for being my friends. I mean, we've gone on a real journey together, down the road and back again. You guys are honest, loving, and frankly you're my pals AND confidants.

Seriously, if you guys held some sort of celebration and had everybody you knew come, I swear I'd buy the biggest fucking gift for you guys. And there'd be a card attached, and it would say "Thank you for being my friends."

Mr. Plow
As a teenager, we moved from the big city to a small rural town. Almost immediately I fell for the reverend's daughter. She was cute, a bit of a flirt. She's got a boyfriend, but fuck him. The towns people had said no senior prom because they hated dancing & rock music, but all us kids wanted one. So, we basically protested until we got our way. In the end, we all got to go to prom and dance, and the reverend even enjoyed a dance with his wife.

MTG#10
06-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I remember when I was a kid there was this grumpy old man that lived next door with a bad-ass old classic hot rod. My older cousins were in a gang and pretty much forced me to join. For my initiation they wanted me to steal the old dude's car but unfortunately he caught me in the act. My mom made me do chores for the old bastard but eventually we grew fond of each other and he left me the car in his will when he died, as long as didnt try to make it look gay.

Brock
06-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Let me tell you about my friend Andy Dufresne.

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I grew up in a multi-racial household, and this created an ongoing struggle for me in my teen years. I had a good friend, or at least I thought he was, who tried to get me to only associate with blacks. This caused some strain between myself and the people in my life who were like family to me.

Being a good looking kid opened up doors but also made me the target of predators on more than one occasion. I made a trip to New York City and was nearly forced into prostitution. Another time, I was supposed to be in a newspaper ad, but the photographer was into child photography.

I turned out okay and wound up pursuing my passion for theater out east.

Fish
06-12-2012, 10:36 AM
I sometimes ate dog food as a child. Not because I had to, but because Bow Wow Dog Chow was pretty tasty shit.

SNR
06-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I grew up in a multi-racial household, and this created an ongoing struggle for me in my teen years. I had a good friend, or at least I thought he was, who tried to get me to only associate with blacks. This caused some strain between myself and the people in my life who were like family to me.

Being a good looking kid opened up doors but also made me the target of predators on more than one occasion. I made a trip to New York City and was nearly forced into prostitution. Another time, I was supposed to be in a newspaper ad, but the photographer was into child photography.

I turned out okay and wound up pursuing my passion for theater out east.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wXw6znXPfy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I sometimes ate dog food as a child. Not because I had to, but because Bow Wow Dog Chow was pretty tasty shit.

Shaggy? Is that you?

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 10:39 AM

...and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand.

Rain Man
06-12-2012, 10:43 AM
My older brother just disappeared one night. The last we saw of him, he was walking upstairs, and then he was gone. I always suspected the hoodlum who rented the apartment over our garage.

SNR
06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
I can remember my first job. It was this gig exploring uncharted parts of the galaxy in a spaceship. It didn't really have a concrete goal other than to discover foreign planets, search for new species of aliens, and to do it all courageously in the face of the harrowing fact that we were kind of flying by the seat of our pants. I mean, we were the first ones to do these things, after all.

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 10:53 AM
This is bullshit. You can't go unless you know who the poster is. If you don't know, ask some prying questions.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 10:54 AM
My older brother was my idol. He died when I was just a little boy. My parents never got over it so I sought solace in my friends. My best buddy was chris. He was the ost even though his big brother hung out with the hoodlums in town. We'd get malts at the drug store, blow off firecrackers in back alleys, and listen to music on the transistor in our clubhouse.
Everything was great until we found the dead body.

SNR
06-12-2012, 10:55 AM
My older brother just disappeared one night. The last we saw of him, he was walking upstairs, and then he was gone. I always suspected the hoodlum who rented the apartment over our garage.
Richie Cunningham.

Happy, Saul?

Count Alex's Losses
06-12-2012, 10:58 AM
I grew up with my aunt and uncle in a desert. They were burned alive.

Rain Man
06-12-2012, 10:59 AM
This is bullshit. You can't go unless you know who the poster is. If you don't know, ask some prying questions.

Wait a minute. This is a game? I thought we were just sharing stories.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 11:00 AM

As a young man I had a kitty that I loved very much. When that kitty got bigger he gave me magic shoes and I WAS RUNNING!
When he died I gave him propellers now HE IS FLYING!

SNR
06-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Wait a minute. This is a game? I thought we were just sharing stories.
You can only share your story unless you feel like you know him. Apparently.

Mr. Plow
06-12-2012, 11:01 AM
My older brother was my idol. He died when I was just a little boy. My parents never got over it so I sought solace in my friends. My best buddy was chris. He was the ost even though his big brother hung out with the hoodlums in town. We'd get malts at the drug store, blow off firecrackers in back alleys, and listen to music on the transistor in our clubhouse.

I've been waiting for this one.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 11:03 AM
I've been waiting for this one.

Sic balls chopper.

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 11:04 AM

Did one of your chubby friends marry a supermodel?

Deberg_1990
06-12-2012, 11:11 AM
I remember when I was a kid there was this grumpy old man that lived next door with a bad-ass old classic hot rod. My older cousins were in a gang and pretty much forced me to join. For my initiation they wanted me to steal the old dude's car but unfortunately he caught me in the act. My mom made me do chores for the old bastard but eventually we grew fond of each other and he left me the car in his will when he died, as long as didnt try to make it look gay.

Your Gran Torino?

LiveSteam
06-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Bugs & I killed a Soc in a park late one night. The next morning we hoped a freight train to some old abandoned church.

-King-
06-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I lived in a pretty small town. One day one of my friends overheard his brother talking about a dead body and we thought it would be a good idea to find it and claim it before his brothers gang did so. On that adventure we not only ended up finding the dead body, but we found...ourselves.

Later on we went back in town but every one went their separate ways and we stopped seeing each other.

Edit: Dammit, shoulda read the thread. http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2513/4187100263_58d6d0a221.jpg

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I lived in a pretty small town. One day one of my friends overheard his brother talking about a dead body and we thought it would be a good idea to find it and claim it before his brothers gang did so. On that adventure we not only ended up finding the dead body, but we found...ourselves.

Later on we went back in town but every one went their separate ways and we stopped seeing each other.

Do you and vailpass know each other? Small world.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Did one of your chubby friends marry a supermodel?

that's a goocher

Count Alex's Losses
06-12-2012, 11:31 AM
I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness and spent too much time on the computer.

JD10367
06-12-2012, 11:33 AM
When I was little, my friends and I had a run-in down in a sewer with a killer clown from outer space (or hell, I dunno which). Fucked us all up big time. But at least we all got laid.

-King-
06-12-2012, 11:35 AM
When I got older, I moved from that town and into a rough neighborhood in south Boston. I was always pretty smart even though I didn't really accept it. For money I worked as a janitor at a community college. One day a professor wrote a very complex math problem on a chalkboard outside his room. Being the genius that I was, I solved it and that lead me to an adventure where I found myself, and my future girlfriend, all because of help from a hairy therapist and my butt chinned best friend.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
IT Will Hunting

pr_capone
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness and spent too much time on the computer.

You are... me?

KC Tattoo
06-12-2012, 11:48 AM
I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain

But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas
But it's all right, I'm jumping Jack flash
It's a gas, gas, gas

I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag

I was schooled with a strap right across my back

It's a gas, gas, gas

I was drowned, I was washed up and left for dead

I fell down to my feet and I saw they bled

I frowned at the crumbs of a crust of bread

I was crowned with a spike right through my head

Yeah, yeah, yeah

It's a gas, gas, gas

Jumping Jack flash, it's a gas

blaise
06-12-2012, 12:05 PM
You're Jumping Jack Flash.

Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be a gangster.

cdcox
06-12-2012, 12:11 PM
When I got older, I moved from that town and into a rough neighborhood in south Boston. I was always pretty smart even though I didn't really accept it. For money I worked as a janitor at a community college. One day a professor wrote a very complex math problem on a chalkboard outside his room. Being the genius that I was, I solved it and that lead me to an adventure where I found myself, and my future girlfriend, all because of help from a hairy therapist and my butt chinned best friend.

Wow Will, sounds like you had it rough.

Unlike most of your I had an ordinary upbringing in suburban neighborhood with the most normal family you can imagine. My grandfather who immigrated from the old country and cousin (butt ugly, if I do say so) lived with us too. Oh, and i had a great pet dog who lived under the stairs. My father was the most level headed man I ever knew.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be a gangster.

You're a funny guy.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

QuikSsurfer
06-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

lol... Dr. Evil

Dayze
06-12-2012, 10:16 PM
...and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand.

I got the menstral cramps real hard

Ebolapox
06-12-2012, 10:30 PM
I once knew a lady who had a job working as a wedding-assistant in queens, new york. one day, her boyfriend kicked her out. she came to me and asked what she could do, as she was out in the cold--with some quick thinking, she decided she'd become a door-to-door makeup saleswoman.

on one fateful day, she knocked on the door of a broadway producer who, in search of a child-care facilitator, decided she had a lot of charm and class to rear his children.

fast-forward a few months--the youths in question enjoyed her company and behaved themselves, the producer in question had quite a crush on her, and everyone but the producer's assistant loved her.

beach tribe
06-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Saul, this is n00b level thread starting. Put this crap in 10 pm thread or random thought. Attention whore.

Dude, could you STFU?
This is actually a pretty good idea, but of course, you're too stupid to realize what was going on.

LiveSteam
06-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Back in the early 80s my dad was a fat drunk that worked at a steel mill. Well one day he went to work drunk & fell into a molten vat of steel & died. I got pissed & burned his house down. Then my girlfriend & I jumped on my motorcycle & rode off into the sunset. Two years later my girlfriend turned into a mermaid.

Simply Red
06-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I grew up in a blue collar neighborhood in Blue Springs, our neighborhood was STRAIGHT OUTTA GUMMO! Crazy mutha fucka name gusto!

JoeyChuckles
06-12-2012, 11:45 PM
I once knew a lady who had a job working as a wedding-assistant in queens, new york....

Your friend is a nanny named Fran!!

My story is a bit different. My mother left my family at a young age, and I was forced to grow up with my dad and two brothers. My dad was a musician and writes a lot of music. One of my brothers is a recovering drug addict. My other brother isn't too smart, but he means well.

The only other person I am really close to is my good friend, who happens to be the last of six children and never got very much attention.

I may not have the classic family situation, but my life is pretty good. In my opinionation, the future is bright.