PDA

View Full Version : Money Time Warner cable

Chocolate Hog
06-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Easily the worst customer service ever. I signed up with them last week and since I've been quoted 3 different prices. The guy who installed the cable today informed me that sales uses a different program, customer service uses a different program, and so do the installers. Literally nobody is on the same page. I was told I'd get over 200 channels including NFL network. Guess what? Time Warner doesn't even carry NFL network. Buyer beware don't go with time Warner they suck dick.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

BigRichard
06-12-2012, 09:57 AM
http://files.sharenator.com/simpsons_nelson_haha_What_internet_browser_do_you_use-s350x326-51595-535.jpg

MTG#10
06-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Cant be any worse than Mediacom

Mr. Laz
06-12-2012, 10:04 AM
just dumped TWC last month because i was sick of their shit.

Saulbadguy
06-12-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm convinced that everyone has the worst cable company of all time.

AndChiefs
06-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Ehh they just all suck.

Garcia Bronco
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Dish is awesome. Good servive...cheaper than everybody else. I here it's an aweful place to work though.

blazzin311
06-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Dish is awesome. Good servive...cheaper than everybody else. I here it's an aweful place to work though.

Don't have Dish, I have Comcast, which sucks enough in it's own right. However it seems like every time I've been watching cable recently, I've been seeing the scrolling message at the bottom of the screen saying "Dish Network is no longer going to be carrying this channel.....please go to their website or call them to request that they keep your favorite programming". Of course I was just paraphrasing basically what the scrolling message says, but it's on a lot of good channels right now (probably 5 or 6 of them). Sounds like Dish Network needs to get their crap together and renew those contracts with those specific networks or they're going to have a lot of pissed off customers most likely.

Garcia Bronco
06-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Don't have Dish, I have Comcast, which sucks enough in it's own right. However it seems like every time I've been watching cable recently, I've been seeing the scrolling message at the bottom of the screen saying "Dish Network is no longer going to be carrying this channel.....please go to their website or call them to request that they keep your favorite programming". Of course I was just paraphrasing basically what the scrolling message says, but it's on a lot of good channels right now (probably 5 or 6 of them). Sounds like Dish Network needs to get their crap together and renew those contracts with those specific networks or they're going to have a lot of pissed off customers most likely.

Do you remember which channels there are? I googled and found nothing.

pr_capone
06-12-2012, 10:41 AM

this happens all the time. the contract runs out and during the process of renegotiating the contract for the next round of service, the channels will post this scrolling message to rile up the customer base into calling the service provider to bitch about getting the contract done. it has nothing o do with providers getting their crap together. It is a bullshit move from the providers to strengthen their barganing position. IFC is one o the channels that had that scrolling message... saw it last night.

congrtulations... you are feeling the indignation that they intended to incite in order to get more money from the providers. you can thank them next time your bill goes up.

sedated
06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
There’s a reason they are consistently one of the 10 most hated companies on earth. Too bad there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

blazzin311
06-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Do you remember which channels there are? I googled and found nothing.

Two of them I was watching last night. Fox and AMC. Off the top of my head I really can't remember what the other channels were. I know there were a few more though. It could just be in my area the contracts are up with those networks though. I'm not really sure how that crap works. :hmmm:

Garcia Bronco
06-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Two of them I was watching last night. Fox and AMC. Off the top of my head I really can't remember what the other channels were. I know there were a few more though. It could just be in my area the contracts are up with those networks though. I'm not really sure how that crap works. :hmmm:

Oh....they can take them...ocassional I'll find a good old movie on AMC...like the Hustler or Cool Hand Luke....but generally I don't even watch it. And Fox I can get over the air.

Bearcat
06-12-2012, 11:00 AM

Pretty much (http://consumerist.com/2011/07/5-pay-tv-companies-make-19-most-hated-company-list.html).

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Web TV FTW/Skip

Deberg_1990
06-12-2012, 11:23 AM
NEWSFLASH! All Communications Service Providers suck and have no customer service. Unfortunately Communication service providers have become a necessary evil like utilities and they know this so they have the upper hand and always will.

Messier
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM

I was going to get Direst TV last year, but the installer said there were too many trees around my property, and the only place he could put the dish was right in the middle of my front yard on a pole. I told him thanks but no thanks. It's too bad because I was really looking forward to it.

Sure-Oz
06-12-2012, 11:43 AM

Dish is pissing me off cause they're getting rid of AMC

Mostly theyve been solid

Messier
06-12-2012, 11:47 AM
I was going to get Direst TV last year, but the installer said there were too many trees around my property, and the only place he could put the dish was right in the middle of my front yard on a pole. I told him thanks but no thanks. It's too bad because I was really looking forward to it.

I meant Direct TV, I don't know what Direst TV is, but I don't think they're available in my area.

Chocolate Hog
06-12-2012, 01:37 PM
NEWSFLASH! All Communications Service Providers suck and have no customer service. Unfortunately Communication service providers have become a necessary evil like utilities and they know this so they have the upper hand and always will.

I disagree. Att&t sure west and direct TV all were very nice and had an idea of what was going on.

durtyrute
06-12-2012, 01:38 PM
sucks the cock.......wait

wrong thread

durtyrute
06-12-2012, 01:41 PM
There is so much complaining about the cellphone and cable companies, yet so many people shell out hundreds of dollars a month for them. INSANITY!!!

Chocolate Hog
06-12-2012, 02:17 PM
There is so much complaining about the cellphone and cable companies, yet so many people shell out hundreds of dollars a month for them. INSANITY!!!

Fuck you and the horse you road on.

durtyrute
06-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Fuck you and the horse you road on.

Hey..........HEY.......LEAVE BESSY OUT OF THIS

BryanBusby
06-12-2012, 02:23 PM
TWC was beyond awful when I had them years ago. I can't even imagine how awful it is now with a completely overloaded node.

Took 4 attempts calling them to get someone that spoke something that was close to resembling English, so I could get put through to retention so I could cancel.

blazzin311
06-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh....they can take them...ocassional I'll find a good old movie on AMC...like the Hustler or Cool Hand Luke....but generally I don't even watch it. And Fox I can get over the air.

To an extent I can agree with this. Most of the programming on Fox itself sucks major. There are probably a few exceptions not inculding sports games and such. However, AMC I love these days. They have some great shows on that channel in my opinion. Luckily I don't have Dish so this isn't a worry of mine, but it is a shame for those who do use Dish and enjoy these channels I think.

BigMeatballDave
06-12-2012, 02:37 PM
They are using Cisco DVRs now. Much better. My folks have Time Warner.

The Scientific Atlanta DVRs are junk.

HemiEd
06-12-2012, 02:42 PM
People still have cable?

AndChiefs
06-12-2012, 02:49 PM
People still have cable?

I do just because it was about 10-15 bucks more than just internet. I'd drop it if it got any more expensive though.

Brainiac
06-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I was a Time Warner Cable customer for over 10 years. My only complaint was that they don't carry the NFL network.

I dumped them a month ago when the NFL announced that they'll start having Thursday night games in week 2 this year instead of week 9. All Thursday night games are on the NFL network.

I am now a happy SureWest customer. I pay substantially less each month for cable/Internet/phone, and I have the NFL Network.

Demonpenz
06-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Never had an issue with them.