PDA

View Full Version : Life Ahhh,...they just wanna do some good.

Frankie
06-12-2012, 11:27 AM
This warms my heart. They wanna "clean up litter on the highway."....

WAIT!!... What do they mean by "litter?!" :eek:

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/06/12/ku-klux-klan-wants-in-on-georgias-adopt-highway/

Hydrae
06-12-2012, 11:32 AM
This will go well...

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 11:34 AM
When they're finished, there will only be white trash on the side of the roads.

JD10367
06-12-2012, 11:34 AM
White trash wants to pick up white trash?

vailpass
06-12-2012, 11:35 AM
It's almost like they don't actually care if they are allowed a section of highway to clean up as much as they care about all the free publicity this will generate by dupes on the internet posting this story.

-King-
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Don't they have a highway in Missouri?

Dave Lane
06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
There is no amount of "free publicity" that can help these people out. Much like the Phelps clan, no amount of publicity can help make them more palatable.

saphojunkie
06-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I love this idea. I miss littering, and this provides me the perfect opportunity.

Frankie
06-12-2012, 11:38 AM

I believe they do.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 11:41 AM
There is no amount of "free publicity" that can help these people out. Much like the Phelps clan, no amount of publicity can help make them more palatable.

Membership drives are always aided by publicity Loon. Just like when you were inducted into the Bathhouse Brigade.

Aries Walker
06-12-2012, 11:43 AM
I love this idea. I miss littering, and this provides me the perfect opportunity.
The side of that highway would be a great place to get rid of all of those old, ratty sheets.

Frankie
06-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Membership drives are always aided by publicity Loon. Just like when you were inducted into the Bathhouse Brigade.

I guess a true KKK insider should know this. So, I'm not surprised by your post.

Dave Lane
06-12-2012, 11:48 AM

You are such a witty guy. I'm really impressed with you. Given all your limitations and binge drinking you can still just sling a gay reference out there in like every post. I wonder why that is?

Some would say the fella doth protest too much, but I don't think its because you are gay at all.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 11:58 AM
You are such a witty guy. I'm really impressed with you. Given all your limitations and binge drinking you can still just sling a gay reference out there in like every post. I wonder why that is?

Some would say the fella doth protest too much, but I don't think its because you are gay at all.

Binge drinking? LMAO Loon you are a case and it's not just because of that dent in your head. At least I don't' think so.

seclark
06-12-2012, 12:13 PM

i think it was taken away because they weren't picking up the trash.
sec

Okie_Apparition
06-12-2012, 12:23 PM
It's a speed trap for littering

Predarat
06-12-2012, 12:26 PM
They should try that in my hood! Actually they really should in my old hood. Put it on YouTube hahaha.

Old Dog
06-12-2012, 12:33 PM

That would be an interesting poll question.
You can completely eradicate one or the other.....Which would you get rid of KKK or Phelps?

Huffmeister
06-12-2012, 12:33 PM

They used to, until the state decided to rename their highway the "Rosa Parks Freeway."

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adopt_a_Highway):

The Adopt-A-Highway program allows any organization to participate, which became a point of controversy when the Ku Klux Klan adopted a portion of Interstate 55 just south of St. Louis, Missouri. While legally the program had to uphold the groups' rights to participate, the public outcry and repeated destruction of their sign was a cause of concern. In November 2000, the section of highway was designated as the Rosa Parks Freeway, named after the famed civil-rights heroine.

KKK sponsorship was later dropped from the program for its inability to fulfill its obligations, and the Missouri Department of Transportation adopted specific criteria to prohibit hate groups from future participation. However, the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that any attempt to bar the Klan from participation in the Adopt-a-Highway program on the basis of the group's purpose is a violation of the First Amendment. The Supreme Court declined to hear the case, so the ruling stood.

mikey23545
06-12-2012, 12:35 PM
"State Rep. Tyrone Brooks said he welcomes the opportunity to educate Chambers and the group about the Klan's legacy of violence and racism — which he experienced first-hand as a civil rights activist in the fight to end segregation in the South.

"I'd like to sit down with this young lady and say, 'Your organization tried to kill me,'" Brooks said Monday, adding that he finds even the notion of a highway sign identifying the Ku Klux Klan as a civic group "insulting and insane."

A Latino family learned this the hard way last year, when their white-hooded ice cream cone mascot for their ice cream shop was mistaken for a KKK protester, creating a swirl of controversy.

The family-owned ice cream store in Ocala, Florida, had the mascot wearing a fluffy white top with colored sprinkles. Up close it looked nothing like a klan robe and hood, but from a distance view stirred outrage as some said it appeared to be like a Klansman.

"This one lady had called her husband crying over the phone because she didn't want to cross the intersection because the KKK was right on the corner," store server Jasmin González recalled last year."

Always some way for a few people to show they are even more stupid than the KKK...LMAO

fan4ever
06-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Why does the KKK think they should have access to those stimulus jobs?

whoman69
06-12-2012, 03:05 PM
In related news, incidents of hit and run accidents are on the rise on route 515.

blaise
06-12-2012, 03:10 PM
I wonder how many were like, "We're gonna pick up what? I didn't join the Klan to pick up trash. I joined to, like, complain about blacks and drinks some beer. Maybe burn a cross or two."

vailpass
06-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Why does the KKK think they should have access to those stimulus jobs?

LMAO

boogblaster
06-12-2012, 04:00 PM
KKK . still strong doing wrong ...