PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues US: Russia sending Syria attack helicopters

vailpass
06-12-2012, 11:31 AM
obama is Putin's bitch...

WASHINGTON—The Obama administration says Russia is sending attack helicopters to Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime and is warning about a dramatic escalation in the Arab country's 15-month conflict.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says the delivery represents the "latest information." She says the U.S. is concerned as the helicopters "will escalate the conflict quite dramatically."

She is calling instead for Moscow to help the U.S. push forward a political transition plan for Syria.

Clinton was speaking Tuesday at the Brookings Institution, a liberal-oriented research and policy organization.

Russia has consistently said it would not condone the use of outside forces to end the conflict and has said that it would not supply arms that would aid the government in quelling the uprising.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20839370/us-russia-sending-syria-attack-helicopters

qabbaan
06-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Obama will have more "flexibility" to acquiesce to Russia after the election. Please relay this to Vladimir.

Garcia Bronco
06-12-2012, 11:41 AM
I don't understand why we haven't have the thug known as Putin ....deposed.

FishingRod
06-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Well if we really want to make Putin happy we should sell or give the opposition SAMs to shoot down the helicopters so he can sell more of them to Syria to replace the ones that get shot down.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 11:50 AM

If by "deposed" you mean "the current US Potus giving Putin hand-jobs while answering "you are Vlad" every time Putin yells "whos' your daddy!?" then we have already deposed Putin. Several times over.

Amnorix
06-12-2012, 12:10 PM
obama is Putin's bitch...

How so?

Amnorix
06-12-2012, 12:10 PM

What steps do you recommend? Assassination, which is against US law as well as an international crime? Something else? Inquiring minds want to know.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 12:22 PM
How so?

:spock:

qabbaan
06-12-2012, 01:16 PM
What steps do you recommend? Assassination, which is against US law as well as an international crime?

Obama is personally managing the "kill list" in the WOT. One of those killed was even an American citizen. We aren't too far from what Obama is doing already.

Not that I advocate it. Putin has obviously been emboldened by the fact that Obama is such a lightweight opponent in foreign policy.

HonestChieffan
06-12-2012, 01:28 PM
we should send ammo

Chocolate Hog
06-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I see this group is anxious to start another cold war.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

loochy
06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
What steps do you recommend? Assassination, which is against US law as well as an international crime? Something else? Inquiring minds want to know.

lol @ governments following "laws"

Garcia Bronco
06-12-2012, 01:38 PM

Assassination is such an ugly word. I am talking about a manipulated shift in global politics.

vailpass
06-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Assassination is such an ugly word. I am talking about a manipulated shift in global politics.

:D

Amnorix
06-12-2012, 01:50 PM
we should send ammo

You crazy, I ain't fucking going into that war zone....and I though we could at least be civil to one ano.....

oh wait, "ammo", he said...

nm.

Amnorix
06-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Obama is personally managing the "kill list" in the WOT. One of those killed was even an American citizen. We aren't too far from what Obama is doing already.

Not that I advocate it. Putin has obviously been emboldened by the fact that Obama is such a lightweight opponent in foreign policy.

You don't have anything to back that up. In fact, seems to me that he's still getting the job done across multiple fronts -- Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Pakistan -- all teh critical areas we're getting done what we need to get done.

I agree that there is a discussion, especially among human rights groups, as to whether drones constitute targetted assassinations. Can't say I'm overworried about it. But whacking some terrorist whacko in a god-forsaken part of Pakistan or Yemen is JUST A LITTLE FREAKING DIFFERENT FROM WHACKING VLADIMIR PUTIN, DON'T'CHA THINK?

:rolleyes:

vailpass
06-12-2012, 01:52 PM
You crazy, I ain't ****ing going into that war zone....and I though we could at least be civil to one ano.....

oh wait, "ammo", he said...

nm.

OK strangely when I read that post at first I thought it read "amno" and I thought: WTF? Does amno have a wallet that says "Bad Motherfucker" on it?

Amnorix
06-12-2012, 01:54 PM
:spock:

You suggest that Putin is bending Obama, and therefore, the US, over. How so? Seriously. US-Russian relations are poor at the moment over issues like Libya and Syria, but that's because we fundamentally disagree on what to do on those issues.

How is Putin bending Obama over? Specifically?

vailpass
06-12-2012, 02:14 PM
You suggest that Putin is bending Obama, and therefore, the US, over. How so? Seriously. US-Russian relations are poor at the moment over issues like Libya and Syria, but that's because we fundamentally disagree on what to do on those issues.

How is Putin bending Obama over? Specifically?

Maybe a better way to put it is that IMHO Putin laughs at obama. obama is a boy trying to do man's job and Putin, who is 100x harder than obama will ever be, knows it.

I don't like being represented by this...

Obama’s misguided wooing of an uninterested Putin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obamas-misguided-wooing-of-an-uninterested-putin/2012/05/13/gIQATs9MNU_story.html

Amnorix
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Maybe a better way to put it is that IMHO Putin laughs at obama. obama is a boy trying to do man's job and Putin, who is 100x harder than obama will ever be, knows it.

Well, let me start with

"Vailpass walkin it uuughhh back uuugh"

I don't like being represented by this...

Obama’s misguided wooing of an uninterested Putin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/obamas-misguided-wooing-of-an-uninterested-putin/2012/05/13/gIQATs9MNU_story.html

:shrug: An Op Ed article from the right wing Conservative Post which is pretty mildly critical actually.

Doesn't exactly establish that Putin is running that relationship or anything. Not even close.

I don't think most of the world thinks Obama is soft, as they watch what he's done to OBL and many other terrorists. I know it's right-wing knee jerk thinking to believe that any Democrat must be soft as snow in December on foreign policy, but if that's the best you can come up with...

vailpass
06-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Well, let me start with

"Vailpass walkin it uuughhh back uuugh"

:shrug: An Op Ed article from the right wing Conservative Post which is pretty mildly critical actually.

Doesn't exactly establish that Putin is running that relationship or anything. Not even close.

I don't think most of the world thinks Obama is soft, as they watch what he's done to OBL and many other terrorists. I know it's right-wing knee jerk thinking to believe that any Democrat must be soft as snow in December on foreign policy, but if that's the best you can come up with...

WTH does your first sentence mean?
As to the rest, it appears you and I have a different opinion on obama's ability to represent us in foreign relations. Drastically different. Your sweeping me into the "all Dems iz soft" category is a bit insulting but typical of those who find themselves trying to justify obama. "What obama has done to OBL" is a fucking laughable thing to say, you know better than that.

Bwana
06-12-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm trying to bring myself to give a crap what happens in that shit hole called Syria......Opps, it didn't work.

cosmo20002
06-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Maybe a better way to put it is that IMHO Putin laughs at obama.

Oh, in your opinion? ROFL Well, since you put it that way...

The opinions of closeted racists are very highly regarded.

Trivers
06-12-2012, 07:17 PM
hummmm.....giving them stinger type AA missiles will not be feasible....

will browning 50 cals bring down attack helos?

mlyonsd
06-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Russia and China will both continue to thumb their noses at us when it comes to their own interests. Doesn't matter who is the president.

Amnorix
06-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Russia and China will both continue to thumb their noses at us when it comes to their own interests. Doesn't matter who is the president.

:toast:

Thank you voice of reason. Seriously, some people around here are nuts and can't even see this obvious point, but thank you for saying it out loud.

go bowe
06-14-2012, 12:34 PM

bah!

liberal hogwash... :p