PDA

View Full Version : Legal Let's have a debate

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I propose that we have a DC debate done in teams. We would have two captains and a list of posters willing to be drafted. The captains would then draft their teammates.

From there, each team will alternate posts with posters from each team posting in order.

Once we hit a predetermined number of posts, we hold a public poll to see who won. Ideally, the questions would either be non-political in nature or at least nonpartisan so as not to sway the judging.

Let me know if you're in and/or if you have any ideas how to make this work better.

Example topic: The United States will be a superpower in the year 2100

cosmo20002
06-12-2012, 04:02 PM
the questions would either be non-political in nature or at least nonpartisan so as not to sway the judging.

Good luck with that.

Saul Good
06-12-2012, 04:08 PM
So is anyone in?

Direckshun
06-12-2012, 10:47 PM
I think it'd be a really interesting concept.

Propose a couple topics that can/should be debated.

Aries Walker
06-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Here's a few, of varying levels of political-ness.

The New York City 16 oz. soda limit.
Motorcycle helmet laws.
Which to fund first in schools: athletics or music?
Should adults read comic books?
Is Jon Stewart a legitimate news source?
Citizens United - keep or reverse?
How old is too old to drive?
Use of Native American imagery in sports teams

Direckshun
06-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Hell I could probably do both sides on all of those except for Citizens United, to which I find myself incapable of defending.

tredadda
06-13-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm in. Lets do this.

Direckshun
06-13-2012, 12:09 AM
I submit that tredadda diddles children.

tredadda
06-13-2012, 12:13 AM
I submit that tredadda diddles children.

I plead the Fifth as I do not know what diddles means nor do I feel like researching it.

cosmo20002
06-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Here's a few, of varying levels of political-ness.

1 The New York City 16 oz. soda limit.
2 Motorcycle helmet laws.
3 Which to fund first in schools: athletics or music?
4 Should adults read comic books?
5 Is Jon Stewart a legitimate news source?
5 Citizens United - keep or reverse?
6 How old is too old to drive?
7 Use of Native American imagery in sports teams

Correct answers are:

1 Dumb
2 Repeal, Darwin will take care of it
3 They can co-exist
4 No, unless they don't care about interactions with the opposite gender
5 Yes
5 Reverse
6 Person-by-person basis
7 Get rid of it

Ok, done.

SNR
06-13-2012, 01:31 AM
I propose that we scrap this entire idea and just have Tom and sportsshrink go at it on any debate topic. Doesn't matter what it is. One of the topics Aries proposed would work.

Oh man. That would rule so much. That would be better than chiefscafan's mock drafts.

Direckshun
06-13-2012, 02:24 AM
I propose that we scrap this entire idea and just have Tom and sportsshrink go at it on any debate topic. Doesn't matter what it is. One of the topics Aries proposed would work.

Oh man. That would rule so much. That would be better than chiefscafan's mock drafts.

Oh god, please.

Please god.

Saul Good
06-13-2012, 08:33 AM

They could go up against cosmo and Frankie. Better yet, put one of them on each team.

Direckshun
06-14-2012, 01:06 AM
I think we should debate whether I will be happy when the country is in utter ruin and chaos.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1147

You guys should really see the rep I get in DC. It is hysterical.

AustinChief
06-14-2012, 01:11 AM
you need to add a timetable into this as well.. like 12 hours to make your next post or some such.

I guess I could join in if this goes live...

I think you keep it small... 3 or 4 people per team max. Hell even 2 per team is fine... old cross-ex style baby!

I did a wicked job on a social security debate in c-x .. got all my data directly from Claude Pepper.. he was one cool guy. Talked to me on the phone and sent me a letter and everything.

Saul Good
06-14-2012, 09:00 AM
I think we should debate whether I will be happy when the country is in utter ruin and chaos.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=15&pictureid=1147

You guys should really see the rep I get in DC. It is hysterical.

Post it. I hereby authorize all posters to post any and all rep I have ever given.

In fact, here goes: "Thanks." and "Thanks" to Bugeater and Pestilence