PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Ahhh....Mayweather doesn't like jail! Boo Hoo...

frankotank
06-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Jail affecting Mayweather's health? Share This Story

Updated Jun 12, 2012 5:55 PM ET
LAS VEGAS (AP)
Lawyers for Floyd Mayweather Jr. say the undefeated champion is getting out of shape in solitary confinement and may never fight again if he's not released from the cramped Las Vegas jail cell where he began serving a three-month sentence earlier this month.

FALLS FROM GRACE
Plenty of athletes have committed epic career blunders. Check out the top sports star screwups.
In an emergency motion filed Monday, lawyers asked the court to move him into the general jail population something that jail officials had avoided out of fear for the celebrity's safety or put him in house arrest for the rest of his sentence.

The jail's ''conduct may cause, not just huge financial harm to Mr. Mayweather, but also huge emotional harm if he is no longer able to pursue his boxing career because of the deconditioning he has suffered,'' lawyers wrote.

Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa said she'll decide later this week whether to ease jail conditions for Mayweather.

Las Vegas police Officer Bill Cassell declined to comment on the specific claims in the motion, but said jail administrators were keeping Mayweather in isolation to prevent fights.

Mayweather lawyer Richard Wright said he'd be willing to have the boxer serve the sentence in an apartment or somewhere less luxurious than Mayweather's posh Las Vegas-area home.

''I'm not looking for special treatment for Floyd Mayweather,'' Wright said. ''I'm looking for fair treatment.''

But prosecutor Lisa Luzaich said softening the sentence would be just another accommodation, similar to when Mayweather's jail surrender date was postponed for months after sentencing so he could fight Miguel Cotto in May.

''They keep chipping away, chipping away, chipping away,'' Luzaich said.

Mayweather pleaded guilty in December to misdemeanor domestic battery and no contest to two harassment charges that stemmed from an attack on his ex-girlfriend while two of their children watched. He was sentenced to three months and entered the jail June 1.

Mayweather's jail stay will be capped at 87 days because the judge gave him credit for three days previously served. It could be reduced by several weeks for good behavior.

In the motion, which was first reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal, lawyers say Mayweather's personal physician, Dr. Robert Voy, visited the jail Friday and was concerned the 35-year-old fighter appeared to have lost muscle tone.

Full boxing coverage
Want to follow what's going on in the ring? We've got everything you need with news and analysis, schedules, photos, video, current champions and more from around the boxing world.
Voy estimated the boxer was consuming fewer than 800 calories a day a drop from his usual 3,000 or 4,000 calories and wasn't drinking enough because he isn't allowed bottled water and doesn't usually drink tap water.

Mayweather has been getting a little more than 30 minutes twice a day in a couple of barren recreation areas in the administrative segregation unit, Cassell said. His cell, no larger than 7-by-12 feet, has barely enough floor space for pushups and situps.

But prosecutors argued he's ''deconditioning'' by choice, and declining much of his food.

''He has the ability to exercise, he just chooses not to,'' Luzaich said. ''It's jail. Where did he think he was going? The Four Seasons?''

Voy and Wright also pointed to Mayweather's declining emotional state.

''I am concerned about Floyd withdrawing, developing anger he cannot dissipate through the usual means of dedicated exercise and training,'' Voy wrote in an affidavit. ''Boxing has been Mr. Mayweather's life since he was a young man and we need champions of this type to continue to their natural retirement and hopefully their contributions to society thereafter.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/jail-conditions-may-end-floyd-mayweather-career-lawyer-says-061212

I can't stand this guy.....
No way they put him in gen pop. Off to a fancy apartment he goes!
Truly a walking talking piece of crap.

Bowser
06-13-2012, 10:46 AM
And not a single fuck was given for poor Floyd.

blaise
06-13-2012, 10:51 AM
He's probably right, but that's why it's jail. I would think there's some sort of camp prison somewhere that he can be sent to. They keep saying it's a jail, which usually means it's crummier.

They'll let him out though. He makes Nevada millions of dollars a year

Detoxing
06-13-2012, 10:51 AM
I saw this earlier.

He may be able to throw a punch. But he has the heart of a bitch.

Rausch
06-13-2012, 10:54 AM
It's fucking boxing.

I can't think of a top fighter that has more than 1 bout a year anyway.

frankotank
06-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Ali used to be an ass with class. he could talk smack and you still had to love the guy. he somehow made it entertaining and just a step up from plain ole meanness. mayweather just makes me want to puke. he's an embarrassment to boxing. he'll never fight Pacquioa.

nicely stated above....
the heart of a bitch.

blaise
06-13-2012, 11:09 AM
He'll fight Pac when they're both too old, or when one has too many losses to make anyone care.

Detoxing
06-13-2012, 11:10 AM
He'll fight Pac when they're both too old, or when one has too many losses to make anyone care.

No. He'll fight Pac when Pac is CLEARLY in decline, and Maywether is not, which has already begun.

Pac, because he has heart, would foolishly take the fight i'm sure.

Micjones
06-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Ali used to be an ass with class. he could talk smack and you still had to love the guy. he somehow made it entertaining and just a step up from plain ole meanness. mayweather just makes me want to puke. he's an embarrassment to boxing. he'll never fight Pacquioa.

nicely stated above....
the heart of a bitch.

A 43-0 embarrassment.
He's the greatest fighter of the last generation despite your personal feelings.

And please spare me the "he's afraid of Pacquiao" bullshit.

AndChiefs
06-13-2012, 11:12 AM
He has a 90 day sentence..which with good behavior would probably be reduced to about 45 days. Deal with it.

Rausch
06-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Pac, because he has heart, would foolishly take the fight i'm sure.

He'll take the fight because he'll lose and still make millions...

frankotank
06-13-2012, 11:17 AM
A 43-0 embarrassment.
He's the greatest fighter of the last generation despite your personal feelings.

And please spare me the "he's afraid of Pacquiao" bullshit.

it's a valid point.
you know when Tyson first became a professional, he would thank God for his talents after every match. he conducted himself with class and professionalism....with dignity. then Cus died and the decline began. fast forward several years and you've got a clown talking about wanting to stomp on reporters childrens testicles so that they can feel his pain.

is Tyson one of the greatest boxers ever? of course. is mayweather? certainly! but he's a fucking CLOWN. the bullshit that spews out of his mouth at times rvals Tysons bullshit.

but he IS a very very good boxer. a shit human being....but he's a good boxer.

ChiefMojo
06-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Who gives a f**k what Mayweather and his camp wants... he is a piece of sh*t human being and he can rot in jail for all I care.

frankotank
06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Who gives a f**k what Mayweather and his camp wants... he is a piece of sh*t human being and he can rot in jail for all I care.

HEY!
He's 43-0 you SONOFABITCH! :D

Micjones
06-13-2012, 11:21 AM
it's a valid point.
you know when Tyson first became a professional, he would thank God for his talents after every match. he conducted himself with class and professionalism....with dignity. then Cus died and the decline began. fast forward several years and you've got a clown talking about wanting to stomp on reporters childrens testicles so that they can feel his pain.

is Tyson one of the greatest boxers ever? of course. is mayweather? certainly! but he's a ****ing CLOWN. the bullshit that spews out of his mouth at times rvals Tysons bullshit.

but he IS a very very good boxer. a shit human being....but he's a good boxer.

His character is questionable. No doubt about that.
I just hate when people allow their personal feelings of the man to impede their judgment about his legacy as a fighter.

blaise
06-13-2012, 11:24 AM
He's a great fighter. I never really get all that excited for his fights though.

Bowser
06-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I just hate when people allow their personal feelings of the man to impede their judgment about his legacy as a fighter.

He's a fantastic pro boxer. Unfortunately that doesn't give him a pass for being a woman beater. He's human trash, not a person with "questionable character".

listopencil
06-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Maybe they can send a few women in every day for him to practice punching?

Hays
06-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Can I get out of jail because I don't like it? Toughen up

frankotank
06-13-2012, 11:59 AM

I'll give him props for his athletic ability. it's simply undeniable. I just find him unlikeable....repulsive actually.
the ortiz sucker punch illustrates exactly the kind of man mayweather is.
some think it's a bad guy persona he has chosen to portray. I thought the same thing in the beginning....that it was fake. then I began to change my mind. the sucker punch sealed the deal for me. he truly IS a pompous, arrogant, mouthy, hateful ****ing ASSHOLE.

there IS one thing he and I do have in common.....we both agree that Larry Merchant should be fired (see end of video). mayweather doesn't like Merchant because they are both so much alike. pompous assholes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eI2MGpnwsX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pr_capone
06-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Fuck him... he doesn't deserve special treatment because he is a boxer. Serve your time and STFU.

Sucky
06-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Probably shouldn't beat up women you POS hoodrat.

1moreTRich
06-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I'll give him props for his athletic ability. it's simply undeniable. I just find him unlikeable....repulsive actually.
some think it's a bad guy persona he has chosen to portray. I thought the same thing in the beginning....that it was fake. then I began to change my mind. the sucker punch sealed the deal for me. he truly IS a pompous, arrogant, mouthy, hateful ****ing ASSHOLE.

there IS one thing he and I do have in common.....we both agree that Larry Merchant should be fired (see end of video). mayweather doesn't like Merchant because they are both so much alike. pompous assholes.

Ortiz was purposefully headbutting him several times in that fight. I'm not saying the sucker punch was justified, but lets not pretend Ortiz was a complete victim there.

Rain Man
06-13-2012, 01:12 PM
He has a 90 day sentence..which with good behavior would probably be reduced to about 45 days. Deal with it.

Yeah, that's the core of the issue. Any loss in conditioning is going to be very minor and due only to laziness. I've seen those "lockup" shows in the Discovery Channel or whatever, and it would appear that jail is one of the best places in the world to get into shape. Some of those guys are just scary after doing curls with water jugs eight hours a day.

frankotank
06-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Ortiz was purposefully headbutting him several times in that fight. I'm not saying the sucker punch was justified, but lets not pretend Ortiz was a complete victim there.

I'll give ya that.
I think you should be able to expect more from the king of the hill. the top of the heap. the headbutting was bad. was it as bad as the sucker punch?
Ortiz isn't innocent.

Micjones
06-13-2012, 02:03 PM
He's a fantastic pro boxer. Unfortunately that doesn't give him a pass for being a woman beater. He's human trash, not a person with "questionable character".

I'll leave it to you to play self-righteous "poster of the day".

Micjones
06-13-2012, 02:06 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eI2MGpnwsX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There's no such thing as a sucker punch in a boxing ring (unless a fighter is down).
That punch was perfectly legal. "Defend yourself at all times."

Micjones
06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Yeah, that's the core of the issue. Any loss in conditioning is going to be very minor and due only to laziness. I've seen those "lockup" shows in the Discovery Channel or whatever, and it would appear that jail is one of the best places in the world to get into shape. Some of those guys are just scary after doing curls with water jugs eight hours a day.

Those guys are probably in Gen Pop though.
And I'm sure they get more yard time and access to weights and such.

beach tribe
06-13-2012, 03:21 PM
I've seen him fight a few times, but am not all that informed about his career. Who did ever fight worth a shit, besides an over the hill Golden boy?
And why did the pac man fight never happen? If he wanted people to consider him among the best ever, he should have done whatever it took to make that fight happen

beach tribe
06-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Those guys are probably in Gen Pop though.
And I'm sure they get more yard time and access to weights and such.

There are plenty of conditioning routines that can be done in a 10 by 10 cell. He's just trying to get out of serving his time.

whoman69
06-13-2012, 03:25 PM

Sounds like they could do a sequel to the Stripes scene where John Candy says he wanted to get into the army to get in shape.

SnakeXJones
06-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Looks like this pussy needs to read up on Charlie Bronson fitness

Detoxing
06-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Looks like this pussy needs to read up on Charlie Bronson fitness

This is how i get my workout in, yo

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kDCxH88-9X8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Johnny Vegas
06-13-2012, 03:49 PM
beating a woman erases any legacy he had in my book. wouldn't spit of him if he were on fire and he never helped boxing like Tiger Woods helped golf.

1moreTRich
06-13-2012, 04:02 PM
I've seen him fight a few times, but am not all that informed about his career. Who did ever fight worth a shit, besides an over the hill Golden boy?
And why did the pac man fight never happen? If he wanted people to consider him among the best ever, he should have done whatever it took to make that fight happen

His best wins IMO, in no apparent order:
Diego Corrales
Jose Luis Castillo
Arturo Gatti
Ricky Hattan
Juan Manual Marquez (arguable at first, but after the fit he gave Pac after, I put it on the list)
Zab Judah
Oscar

The reason the fight didn't get made changes depending on who you talk to. You could say Pac wouldn't take the tests, Mayweather didn't want to deal with Arum, Pac is scared, Mayweather is scared, etc...

In my opinion it was probably a lot of ego and a lot of Arum. Pac has been fighting Top Rank stable fighters for the past few years and it makes more sense money wise for Arum to just pair him that way. Pac's Top Rank contract is up in in 2013, the only way I see the matchup happening is if he doesn't resign with Arum.

Kyle DeLexus
06-13-2012, 04:23 PM
There are plenty of conditioning routines that can be done in a 10 by 10 cell. He's just trying to get out of serving his time.

But even with the conditioning routines you are suggesting, he'd still have to eat all the food he is given instead of 800 calories worth and drink tap water. Sounds like hell to me.

What a bitch this guy is. Did he only drink bottled water when he was a young fighter trying to make it?

KCtotheSB
06-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Don't beat on women next time, shitstain.

beach tribe
06-13-2012, 05:25 PM
But even with the conditioning routines you are suggesting, he'd still have to eat all the food he is given instead of 800 calories worth and drink tap water. Sounds like hell to me.

What a bitch this guy is. Did he only drink bottled water when he was a young fighter trying to make it?

He is a punk through, and through.
He is an awesome fighter, but I don't think he's considered one of the best ever. Maybe he was, but the sport is so widely disregarded as a corrupted mess, and he acted like such a POS he'll be tossed in terms of greatness.

pr_capone
06-13-2012, 08:12 PM
UPDATE:
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8049602/judge-rules-floyd-mayweather-remain-jail

Floyd Mayweather to remain in jail

LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather's request that he be released from jail because the low-quality food and water have threatened his health was denied by a Las Vegas judge who says he should eat and drink what is being given to him behind bars.

Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa wrote in her late Wednesday decision that water has been made available to Mayweather around the clock and the only reason he isn't eating properly is because he refuses to eat the provided meals. Saragosa said Mayweather's complaints that he is unable to exercise in jail are also unfounded.

"While the physical training areas and times provided to (Mayweather) may not be consistent with his prior regimen, he is indeed provided sufficient space and time for physical activity if he so chooses," Saragosa wrote.

A mere 10 days after Mayweather turned himself in to begin his three-month sentence, his legal team filed an emergency motion Monday asking the court to put him under house arrest or move him into the general jail population -- something that jail officials had avoided to protect the celebrity fighter. The motion claimed the undefeated champion might never fight again because he was getting out of shape in solitary confinement.

Mayweather lawyer Richard Wright didn't immediately return a phone message late Wednesday. Wright said earlier this week that he was not seeking special treatment for the 35-year-old fighter.

Mayweather pleaded guilty last year to reduced domestic battery charges stemming from an attack on his former girlfriend while two of their children watched. The plea deal allowed him to avoid trial on felony charges that could have gotten Mayweather up to 34 years in prison if he was convicted. Mayweather was sentenced Dec. 22, but was allowed to remain free long enough to make a Cinco de Mayo weekend fight.

Mayweather's legal team told the court this week that his personal physician, Dr. Robert Voy, visited the jail Friday and determined the fighter had lost muscle tone. Voy estimated Mayweather was consuming fewer than 800 calories a day instead of his usual 3,000 or 4,000 calories. Mayweather also wasn't drinking enough because he wasn't allowed bottled water and doesn't enjoy tap water.

"I am concerned about Floyd withdrawing, developing anger he cannot dissipate through the usual means of dedicated exercise and training," Voy wrote in an affidavit. "Boxing has been Mr. Mayweather's life since he was a young man and we need champions of this type to continue to their natural retirement and hopefully their contributions to society thereafter."

Prosecutor Lisa Luzaich scoffed at the complaints during a court hearing Tuesday.

"It's jail," Luzaich told the court. "Where did he think he was going? The Four Seasons?"

****ING - A

Bet your ex-gf didn't enjoy being beat by you. Fucking deal with it you piece of shit.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2012, 08:39 PM
UPDATE:
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8049602/judge-rules-floyd-mayweather-remain-jail

Floyd Mayweather to remain in jail

****ING - A

Bet your ex-gf didn't enjoy being beat by you. ****ing deal with it you piece of shit.

Couldn't agree more. Within hours he is bitching.