PDA

View Full Version : Life Prayer Request: Interview.

Micjones
06-14-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm interviewing for a promotion today.
Significant increase, a move to a different department and more job security.

For those of you so inclined, I'd appreciate your prayers.
Thank you in advance.

bevischief
06-14-2012, 07:41 AM
You got it.

KC Tattoo
06-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Yep & good luck.

Chiefshrink
06-14-2012, 07:44 AM
Done !

kepp
06-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Done. Good luck.

mlyonsd
06-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Good luck!

durtyrute
06-14-2012, 08:11 AM
blessings to you

Deberg_1990
06-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Will do. Good luck Mic!

seclark
06-14-2012, 08:30 AM
best of luck.
sec

blaise
06-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Good luck.

BoneKrusher
06-14-2012, 08:36 AM
prayers sent
Good Luck.

58-4ever
06-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Chin up, cock out, middle finger in the air. You can do this.

Predarat
06-14-2012, 08:42 AM
You've got 'em!

jjjayb
06-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Good luck!

Easy 6
06-14-2012, 11:11 AM
You got it.

Rain Man
06-14-2012, 11:27 AM
I have sacrificed a chicken for you at my gaudily decorated home altar.

Well, truthfully it was a Chick Fil A nugget, but that works just as well.

Lzen
06-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Will do.

Micjones
06-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Left my regular belt at home. After all the careful planning I did.
I have an older cloth belt on currently, but when I change I guess I'll just have to blouse my shirt out a bit.

BIG thanks to everyone sending thoughts and prayers for me.
I truly appreciate it.

Old Dog
06-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Good Luck

Ceej
06-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Even though you're a UK fan..

Knock em dead.

Oh, and FBGM.

Lumpy
06-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Good luck at the interview! :thumb:

Micjones
06-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Even though you're a UK fan..

Knock em dead.

Oh, and FBGM.

Hey now... Hater no hating.

What does FBGM stand for?

mnchiefsguy
06-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Best of luck!

Ceej
06-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Hey now... Hater no hating.

What does FBGM stand for?

FUCK BITCHES, GET MONEY!!!!!!!!

Groves
06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Keep us posted, man.

Micjones
06-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Here goes nothing...

MrNightly
06-14-2012, 02:56 PM
It will work out as it should... never fear!

Micjones
06-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Had a pretty good interview (I think).
It was quick. She has more interviews tomorrow and will make a decision by the EOB.

Easy 6
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Hopefully, you didnt sound like this...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZXWo6jXmRO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Micjones
06-18-2012, 07:25 AM
I appreciate the encouragement and the prayers from everyone.
Unfortunately, I learned today that I didn't get the job.

I'm not one to begrudge the success of other people, but the person it went to has a poor reputation of being confrontational to co-workers (management included) and rude to customers. There were roughly 10 people who applied. Had it gone to someone else, I'd be fine with it. THIS person though? Yeah...I learned alot about my company today. Bad behavior being rewarded means I probably should start looking for another job. I work too hard at doing the right things to see promotions go to people who don't deserve them.

I now need prayer to get this spirit of bitterness off of me.
Because even if I'm right about this...it's wrong to have that kind of spirit about it.

Easy 6
06-18-2012, 07:31 AM
I've been through something very similar and if they arent smart enough to see what you said, then you probably wouldnt be happy there in the long run anyway.

Keep swinging.

Micjones
06-18-2012, 07:33 AM
I've been through something very similar and if they arent smart enough to see what you said, then you probably wouldnt be happy there in the long run anyway.

Keep swinging.

Thanks.

Predarat
06-18-2012, 08:09 AM

I'm not one to begrudge the success of other people, but the person it went to has a poor reputation of being confrontational to co-workers (management included) and rude to customers. There were roughly 10 people who applied. Had it gone to someone else, I'd be fine with it. THIS person though? Yeah...I learned alot about my company today. Bad behavior being rewarded means I probably should start looking for another job. I work too hard at doing the right things to see promotions go to people who don't deserve them.

Because even if I'm right about this...it's wrong to have that kind of spirit about it.

Yikes, hate it when things like that happen.

Lumpy
06-18-2012, 11:16 AM
That sucks. Sorry you didn't get the promotion. :( However, if this person has a bad rep and attitude, chances are they won't last long in the position. If I were in your shoes, I would try to stay positive and keep impressing the right people.

Al Czervik
06-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Sorry to hear that Mic....
Hang in there....good things come to good people.

Micjones
06-18-2012, 12:28 PM
That sucks. Sorry you didn't get the promotion. :( However, if this person has a bad rep and attitude, chances are they won't last long in the position. If I were in your shoes, I would try to stay positive and keep impressing the right people.

If her reputation were only known in my department, I'd agree with you.
Her rep is widely known.

It's disheartening because I really thought I'd be here a while.

stevieray
06-18-2012, 12:45 PM

bravo for being candid!

...maybe the app wasn't about the job, maybe it was to show you something you needed to know.

...trials/troubles are more precious than GOLD.

Lumpy
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM
If her reputation were only known in my department, I'd agree with you.
Her rep is widely known.

It's disheartening because I really thought I'd be here a while.

This translates into "office slut" to me. LMAO Am I close?

Micjones
06-18-2012, 01:05 PM
bravo for being candid!

...maybe the app wasn't about the job, maybe it was to show you something you needed to know.

...trials/troubles are more precious than GOLD.

/thread

I'm certain of that now.
After we got the news about who the position was offered to, a friend in the office was canned for questionable reasons.

I learned alot today.

Micjones
06-18-2012, 01:12 PM

Not even in the same ballpark.
This woman is hideous. And 400+.

Baconeater
06-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Bleh. I've seen and heard about this type of thing happening all too often. No point in trying to make sense of it because you never will.

Lumpy
06-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Not even in the same ballpark.
This woman is hideous. And 400+.

In that case... never mind. LMAO

Dartgod
06-18-2012, 01:24 PM
I wish I had seen this last week. My prayer may have put you over the top.

Sorry 'bout that...

Micjones
06-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I wish I had seen this last week. My prayer may have put you over the top.

Sorry 'bout that...

I think I got my answer Dart.
It was to a different (more important) question, but it was crystal clear.

Rain Man
06-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear, micjones.

The key question to me is what the job offer says about the management philosophy. Despite your disdain for this person, did she have good technical job skills that won it for her? Did she have seniority? Did she know somebody? Figuring out why she got the job will help you either a) figure out what you need to do to get the next opportunity or b) determine if the company's values match your own.

I don't know how big your company is, but another thing to consider is that you don't always know what's going on behind the scenes. There may have been some odd circumstance that resulted in this decision, and you shouldn't view it as an end-all/be-all. Once you deduce why she got the job, look to see if it's a pattern in other promotions and hires, or if it's an oddity.

Again, sorry to hear and hang in there.

Micjones
06-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hear, micjones.

The key question to me is what the job offer says about the management philosophy. Despite your disdain for this person, did she have good technical job skills that won it for her? Did she have seniority? Did she know somebody? Figuring out why she got the job will help you either a) figure out what you need to do to get the next opportunity or b) determine if the company's values match your own.

I don't know how big your company is, but another thing to consider is that you don't always know what's going on behind the scenes. There may have been some odd circumstance that resulted in this decision, and you shouldn't view it as an end-all/be-all. Once you deduce why she got the job, look to see if it's a pattern in other promotions and hires, or if it's an oddity.

Again, sorry to hear and hang in there.

This is a fair analysis.

I suppose we could argue the finer points of the issue, but I'll present my case and leave it to you to decide for yourself.

I'll preface this by saying this woman is reliable and qualified for the position.
That's important to note, but everyone interviewed was qualified.

Back story:
This woman left the company once because she was continuously passed over for promotions. Largely, because she has a confrontational personality that has often rubbed management the wrong way. She came back to the company after learning the grass wasn't greener with the company she defected to.

Since returning, the confrontations and generally impolite behavior hasn't changed. Her reputation with co-workers, clients and customers is God-awful. Those aren't just my biased ramblings about this woman. I have no personal issue with her. This is a shared opinion held by both her peers and people in positions of power.

She's thrice been spared write-ups that would've made today's promotion impossible. That fact is rather unsurprising when considering the fact that she's friends with one of the supervisors in my department (outside of work).

As I said earlier, had someone else gotten the position...I'd only be disappointed. As it stands, I realize there's no future for me here. When bad behavior is being rewarded...there's no consolation for having a good rapport with management and your peers.

MIAdragon
06-18-2012, 03:29 PM

Love office sluts, the world needs more of them.

Lumpy
06-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Love office sluts, the world needs more of them.

Manager: "Productivity is down, but employee morale is up."

Boss: "WTF happened?"

Manager: "Office sluts."