PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This sums it up pretty well for me

jet62
06-15-2012, 02:08 PM
http://killedbyfish.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-life-as-kansas-city-chiefs-fan.html

Anyone confess to being the author?

Von Dumbass
06-15-2012, 02:14 PM
It is 2003. The millennium has come and gone. I am now 44 years old. The Chiefs begin the season with nine consecutive victories. They have the best record in the NFL. I am not particularly excited.

The Chiefs have one of the best offenses I have ever seen; they can move the ball and score on anyone. They are all but unstoppable.
But there is a problem. A big one. Their defense is one of the worst I have ever seen. They cannot stop anybody. This takes much of the pleasure out the game, as it makes little sense to celebrate a score. Touchdown? Whatever. They’re just going to give it back in a few minutes.

LMAO

whoman69
06-15-2012, 02:24 PM
I think he did some serious editing in later years. Fifth graders do not use the word lucrative, and nobody knew there was a market in 1969.

bevischief
06-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Sad but true.
ROFL

scorpio
06-15-2012, 02:34 PM
I read this all in Dr. Manhattan's voice.

gblowfish
06-15-2012, 02:46 PM
I feel his pain. Lived through the exact same thing. We're about the same age.

HemiEd
06-15-2012, 02:56 PM

I am with you George, just a bit older. I honestly did believe I was jumping onto the bandwagon of a dynasty in 1969. SB victories would be a regular occurance.

Predarat
06-15-2012, 03:18 PM
What i read was good, about time to go.

Bump
06-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Solid read. In 2003, if we even had a 20th ranked defense, we woulda won it all man...

big nasty kcnut
06-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Sound like a wuss yeah chiefs not winning super bowls or winning playoff games depress me but i have hope that they will improve.

Count Zarth
06-15-2012, 03:37 PM
I read this all in Dr. Manhattan's voice.

THAT'S what that voice was. ROFL

http://i45.tinypic.com/16076sp.jpg

whoman69
06-15-2012, 03:53 PM
? I heard it in the voice from the narrarator for Wonder Years

Count Zarth
06-15-2012, 05:09 PM
The Chiefs have won, 24-22, pulling them within a game of first place. They are celebrating wildly. Team members are carrying Stoyanovich off the field on their shoulders. Fans are flooding the field in ecstasy.

A thought occurs to me. Nearby, sitting on a table, is the remaining schedule for this NFL season. I take a look, do a quick calculation, and suddenly...

I know exactly how this season is going to end. Understand, there are still five games left in the regular season, and the playoffs are a month-and-a-half away.

This does not matter. I know.

The Chiefs will win the rest of those regular season games; the Broncos will lose twice more.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

This is EXACTLY what I thought at the time.

Although my thought was tinged with hope, rather than despair.

Frazod
06-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Solid read. In 2003, if we even had a 20th ranked defense, we woulda won it all man...

And this is why I hate Dick Vermeil with every fiber of my being. :#

Dave Lane
06-16-2012, 06:54 AM

Yeah I hate people who are half way successful unlike Herm who was completely unsuccessful.

Frazod
06-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Yeah I hate people who are half way successful unlike Herm who was completely unsuccessful.

Squandering that offense was criminal. Inexcusable. It's like having the fastest car in a race and losing because you bought shitty tires.

And also, in the end, they were pretty much equally successful. One playoff appearance, one loss to the Colts. Regular season records don't mean shit.

Rausch
06-16-2012, 11:06 AM

Called it.

*dodging stones*

Just saying...

milkman
06-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Squandering that offense was criminal. Inexcusable. It's like having the fastest car in a race and losing because you bought shitty tires.

And also, in the end, they were pretty much equally successful. One playoff appearance, one loss to the Colts. Regular season records don't mean shit.

Marty Shottenheimer squandering the defense in the 90s is every bit as inexcusable, if not moreso.

I just don't get why there is so much respect for either of these useless bastards.

milkman
06-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Called it.

*dodging stones*

Just saying...

As did I.

Rausch
06-16-2012, 11:18 AM
As did I.

I saved it.

You, me, Proctor, and two others were huge DV haters at the time.

All for the same reasons predicting the same things.

Our props are in the mail...

milkman
06-16-2012, 12:02 PM
I saved it.

You, me, Proctor, and two others were huge DV haters at the time.

All for the same reasons predicting the same things.

Our props are in the mail...

Actually, Proctor and I disagreed strongly on the reasons we hated Dick.

Proctor primarily hated Dick because of the Gunther care package, but cited other bullshit reasons for his hate.

I hated that Carl hired Dick because I didn't believe that Dick could emulate the Rams success without the input from the Rams front office.

I knew that Dick and Carl had no chance for that kind of success.

Rausch
06-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Actually, Proctor and I disagreed strongly on the reasons we hated Dick.

Proctor primarily hated Dick because of the Gunther care package, but cited other bullshit reasons for his hate.

I hated that Carl hired Dick because I didn't believe that Dick could emulate the Rams success without the input from the Rams front office.

I knew that Dick and Carl had no chance for that kind of success.

Use the "way back machine."

All 3 of us were on the "we'll be all O and no D" bandwagon...

okcchief
06-16-2012, 12:25 PM
I could have written this except for the success part at the beginning. I'm only 41.

jet62
06-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Yep... me too. I remember Super Bowl IV. I was seven years old and playing with my Hot Wheels while watching the game on a B&W TV.

chop
06-16-2012, 02:17 PM

I knew Herm was going to be terrible when he said that the offense was part of the defensive problems because they scored too quickly. Then he proceeds to dismantle the high scoring offense for an offense (r2p2) that couldn't move the ball so they were off the field just as quickly but without the points.

whoman69
06-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Marty Shottenheimer squandering the defense in the 90s is every bit as inexcusable, if not moreso.

I just don't get why there is so much respect for either of these useless bastards.

I suppose its because unlike our other coaches, they at least won games. Would you rather have one of those two or Wiggin/Gansz? Since Stram left, they are heads above the other coaches who've been here.

milkman
06-16-2012, 06:06 PM
I suppose its because unlike our other coaches, they at least won games. Would you rather have one of those two or Wiggin/Gansz? Since Stram left, they are heads above the other coaches who've been here.

I've said this before.

I felt then, and still feel, that firing Marv Levy when they did was a big mistake.

He came into a situation with a terrible team, and the team improved each year in the first 4 years of his tenure in an era when you needed 5 years to build a team.

His plan was interupted by a strike and he was fired at the end of that strike shortened season.

I firmly believe that he would have had the Chiefs in a better situation that anything that Marty accomplished.

scho63
06-16-2012, 06:42 PM

Ditto for me-the author is only 3-4 years older

Feels like he wrote it just for me...:(

2bikemike
06-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Wow thats the story of my life. Only that dude is one year older.